PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFF poop

Hammock Parties
12-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Donald Stephenson sucks horribly. -4.8. 5 QB pressures.

Jeff Allen also continued his suck from last week. -3.8. Disappointing after he was showing improvement.

Patty DiMarco was doing work in the running game. +3.4 in run blocking.

Steve Maneri, Dexter, Devon Wylie and Jamar Newsome all had more snaps on pass plays than Jon Baldwin. LMAO LMAO LMAO

Tyson Jackson continued his ascendance as a stud pass rusher with a -1.1 and 0 QB pressures. He's now the 33rd best 3-4 DE pass rusher. Out of 34 players. 30th overall. LMAO

Defense played really well. +2.5 for Poe. Houston picked up 4 QB pressures. Berry +2.7 in pass coverage. Targeted 7 times, gave up 30 yards. 2 passes defensed.

Berry broke into the positive side of the rankings. :thumb:

Three7s
12-24-2012, 10:31 AM

Jeff Allen also continued his suck from last week. -3.8. Disappointing after he was showing improvement.

Steve Maneri, Dexter, Devon Wylie and Jamar Newsome all had more snaps on pass plays than Jon Baldwin. LMAO LMAO LMAO

Tyson Jackson continued his ascendance as a stud pass rusher with a -1.1 and 0 QB pressures. He's now the 33rd best 3-4 DE pass rusher. Out of 34 players. 30th overall. LMAO

Defense played really well. +2.5 for Poe. Houston picked up 4 QB pressures. Berry +2.7 in pass coverage. Targeted 7 times, gave up 30 yards. 2 passes defensed.

Maybe we finally found a good FB? I was hearing Dimarco's name all game long.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Allen and Stephenson are playing well for what they are -- raw, developing rookies. I like Allen as a Guard we can continue to develop. Stephenson is a very nice backup to have. Pioli's done a lot of things poorly, but he's actually done an excellent job with the offensive line.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2012, 10:34 AM
No, they're not playing well for what they are. They're both at the bottom of the league other than a couple of games apiece.

That's dog shit.

Pioli did a nice job with Winston, Asamoah and Hudson. These other two guys haven't shown shit so far.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2012, 10:37 AM
No, they're not playing well for what they are. They're both at the bottom of the league other than a couple of games apiece.

That's dog shit.

Pioli did a nice job with Winston, Asamoah and Hudson. These other two guys haven't shown shit so far.

Allen's got a really long way to go but I don't think he's done anything to prove he was a bad pick, especially where he was drafted. Stephenson, I think, has flashed potential as a really good developmental LT and somebody we can plug in in a pinch. A nice guy to have as a backup. But you're right, as of now... not starting offensive line material.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Here's an interesting stat.

Dontari Poe has the 4th highest run stop percentage in the league.

Stops constitute a "loss" for the offense so this table shows the percentage of stops per snap played only in run defense.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Allen's got a really long way to go but I don't think he's done anything to prove he was a bad pick, especially where he was drafted. Stephenson, I think, has flashed potential as a really good developmental LT and somebody we can plug in in a pinch. A nice guy to have as a backup. But you're right, as of now... not starting offensive line material.

2nd round picks should be a LOT better than Allen is right now.

He's incredibly disappointing.

Easy 6
12-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah, DiMarco was making the most of his opportunity and it looks like we'll have the real Eric Berry back next year, yesterday was the best he's looked in coverage all season.

Poe is slowly coming along, i bet we'll like this pick more and more as time goes on.

Chieftain58
12-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Keep developing them

Toad
12-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Good to hear re Berry. There was some concern there with his subpar early season play

InChiefsHeaven
12-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Maybe we finally found a good FB? I was hearing Dimarco's name all game long.

The announcers were absolutely sucking him off all game. I was like, who the hell is this DiMarco guy??

InChiefsHeaven
12-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Here's an interesting stat.

Dontari Poe has the 4th highest run stop percentage in the league.

But he's a bust and absolutely horrible and a waste of space / CP Experts

Toad
12-24-2012, 10:50 AM
In fairness to Allen and Stephenson, Daboli has NOT done them any favors with the atrocious play calling

Hammock Parties
12-24-2012, 10:50 AM
But he's a bust and absolutely horrible and a waste of space / CP Experts

Don't get too excited. That basically makes him Dwan Edwards at this point.

Easy 6
12-24-2012, 10:51 AM
The announcers were absolutely sucking him off all game. I was like, who the hell is this DiMarco guy??

He was laying some sweet blocks all game long.

InChiefsHeaven
12-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Don't get too excited. That basically makes him Dwan Edwards at this point.

Just saying for a Rookie DL, he's coming along pretty well. We'll see how next year looks for him.

jd1020
12-24-2012, 10:54 AM
In fairness to Allen and Stephenson, Daboli has done them any favors with the atrocious play calling

Can't block the player lined up across from them because the play was a 15 yard post instead of a 3 yard slant?

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2012, 11:00 AM
2nd round picks should be a LOT better than Allen is right now.

He's incredibly disappointing.

Meh, it depends on what you're looking for. I actually like the picks the Chiefs made on both lines. I've said many times that Poe is a terrific pick, because it's the ballsy pick Pioli should have made the last 3 drafts. Stephenson and Allen are a departure from Pioli's usual "play it safe." You could have gone with a safe left tackle like Mike Adams, who will probably be a middle-of-the road starter at absolute best, but definitely no better. Same with Guard -- lots of guys who can step in and play right away. But with Stephenson and Allen, he picked two guys who are raw today, but have some upside. I think both have proven enough in this rookie season that they have good upside. But both are nowhere near starter material. So I would agree with you, but Allen is a guy I'd focus more on how he improves vs. how he plays today.

But the fact remains... we're still talking about "support guys" when in 4 years, Pioli has been miserable at drafting and bringing in talent at core positions, apart from Justin Houston.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2012, 11:02 AM
From a 2nd round pick, I'm looking for a kid who can at least hold his own.

Allen has been getting DOMINATED all year.

2nd round linemen have gone to the PRO BOWL as rookies before.

The Bad Guy
12-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Whoever the next guy hired is, no way we can go back to a 4-3. Keep the ascending players like Poe and Houston in their spots.

Toad
12-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Can't block the player lined up across from them because the play was a 15 yard post instead of a 3 yard slant?

Generally speaking, OL benefit from time together and a good game plan to create cohesiveness. They have not had either

kcchris727
12-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Thats because Pioli sucks horribly, he could have just gotten Russel Wilson and then we could be looking at Teo this year, but no now we have to try and grab a QB when there is no lock at QB this year.

Thanks Pioli for jacking us up like everyone else has done to us forever. Good God, we could have had Russel Wilson but dumbass likes to reach with our first round picks and grab shitty players...dumb ****. He better get fired.

BryanBusby
12-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Thats because Pioli sucks horribly, he could have just gotten Russel Wilson and then we could be looking at Teo this year, but no now we have to try and grab a QB when there is no lock at QB this year.

gtfo of here with this

jd1020
12-24-2012, 11:13 AM
We should have drafted Russell Wilson... so he could take Stanzi's job of holding a clipboard in street clothes.

Easy 6
12-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Whoever the next guy hired is, no way we can go back to a 4-3. Keep the ascending players like Poe and Houston in their spots.

Yep, what a HUGE waste of time and talent that would be.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2012, 11:17 AM

Yup. We have enough talent in the front 7 to play a 1-gap or an under hybrid (like they run in Seattle). We need to find DEs who can play more one-gap, but if that's the "big change" we need to make, I don't worry about that.

chuxtrux
12-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Just from trying to connect all the PFF threads this year, would the top 5 highest ranked be in this order?

1 - Charles
2 - Hali
3 - Flowers
4 - Houston
5 - DJ

Three7s
12-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Just from trying to connect all the PFF threads this year, would the top 5 highest ranked be in this order?

1 - Charles
2 - Hali
3 - Flowers
4 - Houston
5 - DJ
I doubt Hali would be that high. He's had an off year.

Saccopoo
12-24-2012, 11:22 AM

The dude was a very high second rounder. As a "projected" guard. (He was a four year starter at tackle in college - which is typical of a Pioli line pick.)

When you are a very high second round pick as a freaking guard, you better be kicking the shit out of stuff sooner rather than later. I mean - a freaking guard in the second round. Again.

But shit, let's take a fucking lean tackle (and looking at Allen, I don't know if he actually has the base to be a truly effective guard at this level), make him a guard and take that guy (Hudson) who was all-world at guard in college, make him a center instead of leaving him at guard and draft the best center in the 2012 draft in Pete Konz.

Fucking Pioli.

mcaj22
12-24-2012, 11:23 AM
im glad in year 4 of Pioli we are wasting 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks on RAW DEVELOPING PLAYERS that take years to even show anything.

That's why this team is 2-14.

Tyson Jacskon - still hasnt developed
Eric Berry - long was to go, another year at best
Jon Baldwin - maybe by year 5 he might catch 50 balls.
Jeff Allen/Donald Stephonson - We could have had Russel Wilson but instead we have to wait 3 years to see if either of these guys are worth a shit
McCluster/Javier Arenas - These guys are never going to develop into anything

you have to HIT on at least some of these picks in 4 years and the only one he did was Justin Houston. The rest are complete whiffs that keep this team devoid of talent until any of them start showing something.

Iowanian
12-24-2012, 11:30 AM
It's kind of hard to beat up on the play of the Oline a day after they just put 350 rushing yards on the board.

Rain Man
12-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Whoever that little DiMarco fellow is, he keeps catching my eye. That little dude knows how to chuck people.

Rain Man
12-24-2012, 11:35 AM
I find it kind of funny that DiMarco has a LinkedIn page. I wonder if I should link up with him. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/patrick-dimarco/32/682/995

People who viewed him also viewed a whole bunch of babes if you look in the lower right corner.

jd1020
12-24-2012, 11:37 AM
I find it kind of funny that DiMarco has a LinkedIn page. I wonder if I should link up with him. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/patrick-dimarco/32/682/995

People who viewed him also viewed a whole bunch of babes if you look in the lower right corner.

Using my talents and abilities of playing football to help this organization to win a Super Bowl.

Not in his lifetime.

Tribal Warfare
12-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Good to hear re Berry. There was some concern there with his subpar early season play

Berry has said that it's all about getting his instincts back.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2012, 11:53 AM
The dude was a very high second rounder. As a "projected" guard. (He was a four year starter at tackle in college - which is typical of a Pioli line pick.)

When you are a very high second round pick as a freaking guard, you better be kicking the shit out of stuff sooner rather than later. I mean - a freaking guard in the second round. Again.

But shit, let's take a ****ing lean tackle (and looking at Allen, I don't know if he actually has the base to be a truly effective guard at this level), make him a guard and take that guy (Hudson) who was all-world at guard in college, make him a center instead of leaving him at guard and draft the best center in the 2012 draft in Pete Konz.

****ing Pioli.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I'm not overly crazy about the Allen pick, but think he still deserves more time to develop -- as of right now, he hasn't shown to be a bust, just a guy that needs a ton of development. The rest of the offensive line is actually a very good line given that we haven't used any first round picks (outside of Albert) and have spent minimal money (even if Winston costed a lot, he's still a good value pickup).

Saccopoo
12-24-2012, 11:58 AM

I've said it recently, but they should seriously look at bringing in someone who can call the 46 as Defensive Coordinator, considering that the Chiefs have in place a perfect defensive roster to run a base 46.

Powe and Poe would be terrific in it and Berry is damn near perfect as the strong safety in that alignment.

The only thing missing is a stud MLB and I think that a bigger, athletic guy like LSU's Kevin Minter (2nd round 2013) or Stanford's Shane Skov (3rd round 2013) would be absolutely balls in it.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/90361/46defense.jpg
http://bruceeien.com/bcwarrior/Defense/46/stunt.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zgtfyYb33kY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
12-24-2012, 12:03 PM
I've said it recently, but they should seriously look at bringing in someone who can call the 46 as Defensive Coordinator, considering that the Chiefs have in place a perfect defensive roster to run a base 46.

Powe and Poe would be terrific in it and Berry is damn near perfect as the strong safety in that alignment....

Y'know, that's actually not a bad idea from a talent perspective.

My only worry is whether a 46 defense would work in the modern era where defensive backs are not allowed to touch receivers other than to gently nudge them toward the sidelines. Could cornerbacks survive a 46 D these days?

Saccopoo
12-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Y'know, that's actually not a bad idea from a talent perspective.

My only worry is whether a 46 defense would work in the modern era where defensive backs are not allowed to touch receivers other than to gently nudge them toward the sidelines. Could cornerbacks survive a 46 D these days?

Check out the video I linked in the previous post. It's about how a 46 works against a spread system. And you do have to have corners who are strong in man coverage, but Flowers excels in that. Need to get a guy in this draft at the other slot. (David Amerson in the second round would be absolutely ideal.)

Rain Man
12-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Check out the video I linked in the previous post. It's about how a 46 works against a spread system. And you do have to have corners who are strong in man coverage, but Flowers excels in that. Need to get a guy in this draft at the other slot. (David Amerson in the second round would be absolutely ideal.)

I was a big fan of that Bears defense. They dictated the game. I could totally see Johnson, Houston, and Hali doing what the Bears linebackers did, and the linebackers were the key to that defense.

Of course, it also didn't hurt that they had a great defensive line, but you put a couple of big buys at DT to stop the run and you can unleash everyone else against the pass.

I've had the theory in recent years that a proper defense should feature two enormous DTs and an MLB who are run stoppers, and the other eight guys are all either pass rushers or pass defenders. Our D isn't that far off from that.

Buckweath
12-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Lol at you guys criticizing olinemen who were part of a unit that produced 500+ yards yesterday. At worse, those guys have helped us get that #1 overall pick.

I clearly remember seeing an article on NFL mentioning Jeff Allen as a steal for the rank he was picked but really it its become that fans will criticize every single move that Pioli bas done.

BryanBusby
12-24-2012, 12:43 PM
I remember the Ravens running the 46 not too long ago.

It lasted one season.

KCrockaholic
12-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Hopefully the new management will want to keep Albert. Stephenson is obviously not ready, and probably never will be.

Saccopoo
12-24-2012, 01:08 PM
I remember the Ravens running the 46 not too long ago.

It lasted one season.

The Ryan brothers run it and the Ravens still run a modified version of it. You've got to be adaptive, but the system works with the correct personel and the Chiefs are sitting here with what I look at as a damn near perfect situation to run that type of defense.

No one should be running an absolute type of defense in this day and age and if you watch that video, it shows the flexibility the 46 offers against the modern spread type systems (which you are seeing in some version in every game in the NFL at this point).

It's all about utilizing your strengths/personel. I just see the 46 working for these guys really well.

mcaj22
12-24-2012, 01:14 PM
you need good pass coverage LBers to run a 46

we have maybe one on a good day if that

jd1020
12-24-2012, 01:49 PM

Good news is that 1 shot his brains out and we have an opening.

Saccopoo
12-24-2012, 02:00 PM

Like I said, either Minter or Skov in this next draft would be absolutely ideal.

Psyko Tek
12-24-2012, 03:53 PM
stoopid question time
did Holthus call Wiley a coyote at anytime yesterday?