PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 1 week to go, you get to be ......

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Select the men you want in place as your Christmas wish. Up first, you are Clark, who do you select as your GM. Money is not an issue, you want to field a winning team, multiple Super Bowls is your target.

Now you get to be the HC, you get to select the coaches, all moves have to be a step up in the coaching tree, no lateral movements. You can go anywhere to find your coaching staff. Choose as many as you like, fill out the entire staff or just to name a few. After selecting said coach, state your reason why you selected this coach. Then if you wish, choose your # 1 pick is and a few things you need to make to turn the Chiefs around.

GM : Russ Ball - It's time for him to move on up, again. The guy has paid his dues, has done a little of everything, wisdom and knowledge in all fields of an NFL team.

HC: Dom Capers Very good defensive minded 3 - 4 coach, has HC experience,has worked in the league a long time. (Note, he will not have anything to do offensive except hire the OC. )

OC : Chip Kelly. I'm going to pay him the $$$$ he wants, give him the chance to produce on the NFL level.

DC: Clarence Brooks The guy has paid his dues on defense,coached DL & LB's, he knows the 3-4 as well as anybody. Plus having a 3-4 guy like Capers will solidify the defense in KC. This man will get us the push we need up front, games are won and lost in the trenches. A very good battle tested trench man. Now I am going to give him Herm Edwards as a DB coach. You have to draft and teach your DB's to play tight coverage in today's NFL. Not too many people out there can teach DB's as good as Herm.

I'm only listing the 4, GM, HC,OC & DC with one DB coach, the rest can be filled in, these 4 positions you have to hit on, nail it. My GC can work with anybody in the trenches & LB's, so the DL & LB coach is not as important as my DB coach is.

My OC has to have some good coaches and some speedy WR's who can catch the damn ball.

My draft will be ...... Looking as I see the importance of player needed to complement my roster.

1 Geno Smith
2 BPA ( WR,DB, LB )
3 BPA ( QB,WR,LB,DB )
4 BPA ( OL,DB,LB,WR )
5,6,7 BPA (needs are less importance compared to BPA )

Now everybody will have their difference in opinions. I'm sure many of us on here will see things that others will bring up that sounds like a better option.

This is not to land blast anyone for a selection or lack of a selection. But merely as a general discussion amongst members.

As milkman's obligatory slogan goes, you're a dumbass.

Now since we have this out of the way, just have fun with it and discuss freely.

Saulbadguy
12-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Wow

BryanBusby
12-24-2012, 04:05 PM
No way Chip Kelly takes a demotion.

Rain Man
12-24-2012, 04:09 PM
It's great that some people follow coaches and coordinators and college stuff, but that's not my gig. I delegate that stuff.

Deberg_1990
12-24-2012, 04:26 PM

Doubtful Capers gets a HC gig again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
12-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Capers sucks as a HC and Royc is an idiot.

dannybcaitlyn
12-24-2012, 04:33 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed. Some coaches are made to be only cordinaters. Capers is one of them.

CanadaKC
12-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Dom Capers was voted one of the worst head coaches in NFL history...and I'm not sure Chip Kelly's spread offense would translate well to the pro game... although Geno Smith would LOVE that! I'd love to see Chucky in KC simply because he can groom Geno into the kind of QB his potential is worthy of...
and Gruden would wreak havoc on the Faiders for years to come. As far as GM goes...I'd love to get whoever is in charge of the Seahawks...cause they are slaying it in the draft.

Psyko Tek
12-24-2012, 04:34 PM

gonna have to go with that one

silver5liter
12-24-2012, 04:35 PM
capers... really

threebag
12-24-2012, 04:36 PM
It's great that some people follow coaches and coordinators and college stuff, but that's not my gig. I delegate that stuff.

Sup, Clark?

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 04:51 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Capers problem wasn't defense or the HC spot, it's that he was too conservative with his offense. Too many times he was more conservative than Marty ever was.

Kelly a demotion ? Is this right, the NFL is a now demotion compared to college football ?

Ya know, Kelly is going to be facing recruiting violations & problems at Oregon. Going to be hard to keep the momentum going on probation. As an NFL HC, I do not trust college HC's that have no NFL coaching experience.

Earn your promotion baby.

As I said, it's a discussion guys. It's easy to disagree and call someone an idiot without putting your own take on things.

So the obligated dumbass goes to all of you that breaks the rules. D

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 04:52 PM

What happened to , " discuss freely " ? Where is your picks?

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 04:53 PM
gonna have to go with that one

Another parting shot with no substance ?

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Wow

Knew you could not put more than 10 words together.

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 04:55 PM

I don't see the NFL as a demotion ?

What am I missing, last I knew he was a HC of a college team about to go on probation.

BryanBusby
12-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Chip Kelly will get a Head Coach gig in the NFL, so yeah signing on as a coordinator would be a step down.

Fish
12-24-2012, 04:57 PM
As long as we're dreaming....

GM: Superman

HC: Wolverine

OC: G.I. Joe

DC: Popeye

KChiefs1
12-24-2012, 04:58 PM
GM: Polian
HC: Cowher
OC: Mularkey
DC: LeBeau

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Dom Capers was voted one of the worst head coaches in NFL history...and I'm not sure Chip Kelly's spread offense would translate well to the pro game... although Geno Smith would LOVE that! I'd love to see Chucky in KC simply because he can groom Geno into the kind of QB his potential is worthy of...
and Gruden would wreak havoc on the Faiders for years to come. As far as GM goes...I'd love to get whoever is in charge of the Seahawks...cause they are slaying it in the draft.

I can agree with you on the spread, but nothing said he has to incorporate all of it. I do not recall any NFL team strictly doing a spread offense.

Capers hang up was being too conservative on the offensive side.

He has done an outstanding job anywhere as a DC, we all know this. I just think that he is smart enough to know that the league has changed since his HC days and a passing offense is the ticket, I see no reason he could not adapt to this.

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 05:00 PM
As long as we're dreaming....

GM: Superman

HC: Wolverine

OC: G.I. Joe

DC: Popeye

:clap:

Dumbass :D

BryanBusby
12-24-2012, 05:00 PM

Cowher would not work for Polian and barf at the idea of idea of hiring Murlakey.

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 05:04 PM

Polian ...... No!

Cowher ...... I could live with if he has a good OC & DC, doesn't want control of pics

Mularkey .... has to be fired first. May stay on in Jac.

LeBeau ..... Current DC in Pittsburgh, a lateral move.

Rugby Thompson
12-24-2012, 05:05 PM
GM - pioli, 10 year extension
coach - mcdaniels
QB - trade 1st overall pick to NE for ryan mallett

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 05:08 PM
coach - mcdaniels

GrandPa Pioli ?

ChiefsCountry
12-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Kelly a demotion ? Is this right, the NFL is a now demotion compared to college football ?

You really can't be this fucking stupid. NFL OC is a demotion compared to college head coach especially at a school like Oregon.

Rugby Thompson
12-24-2012, 05:13 PM
in all seriousness though, what about Brian Xanders?

for my HC, i'd prob go with nick saban, cant lie.

crossbow
12-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Not a huge amount of time deciding on who to draft in rounds 2 through 7.

TimeForWasp
12-24-2012, 05:19 PM
coach - mcdaniels

Wat?

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 05:22 PM
You really can't be this ****ing stupid. NFL OC is a demotion compared to college head coach especially at a school like Oregon.

So what you are saying is HC college is equal as HC NFL, Right ? Very few college HC's got to be a HC in the NFL, right away. Very few !

Most have to of had previous coaching experience in the NFL somewhere along the way. All Kelly has done is coached in the college ranks, never even played college ball.

I don't put the NFL & college football in the same class, therefore I do not look at a college HC being of par to a NFL HC.

To make a move at any level depends on the individual in question, what do they want to do?

I would say with facing heavy violations & probation, an OC job in the NFL with a large paycheck would motivate a jump if the person ( Kelly ) was interested. But he has to be interested.

Let me ask you this, with no NFL coaching experience and you were an NFL owner, would you roll the dice on Kelly as a HC for a team?

As for me, I would not, hot prospect and all .

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 05:23 PM
in all seriousness though, what about Brian Xanders?

for my HC, i'd prob go with nick saban, cant lie.

Saban has / will get an offer, now will he take it or stay?

BryanBusby
12-24-2012, 05:23 PM
I think you're devaluing the role of being a Head Coach for a power house/

CaliforniaChief
12-24-2012, 05:29 PM
There are a couple of combos I'd be happy with, based on the centerpiece of it. For instance, my favorite GM is Marc Ross. If Ross was hired, I'd be happy with Perry Fewell as HC. One of my favorite coaching prospects is Cowher. If he's hired, I'd be happy with Omar Khan.

I really wanted David Shaw but he's not going to the NFL yet. So I guess my best combination would be:

GM: Omar Khan
HC: Bill Cowher
OC: Ken Whisenhunt
DC: Keith Butler

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 05:32 PM
I think you're devaluing the role of being a Head Coach for a power house/

How many CFB HC's have gone on to the NFL without having any coaching background in the NFL at all ? Very damn few, to be honest, I do not know of any off the top of my head.

Many coaches have left the college ranks to go coach in the NFL, but to go to the HC's position is almost unheard of to the best of my knowledge.

Many NFL coaches have left the OC's & DC's, etc. to take HC jobs in college. To them, it's a step up to being the man in charge.

Kelly has never been a HC anywhere until being promoted from OC to HC in Oregon. Now I will give credit where it's due, he has done well at Oregon, but at what price? Recruiting violations means he had to cheat to attain the success he has had.

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
There are a couple of combos I'd be happy with, based on the centerpiece of it. For instance, my favorite GM is Marc Ross. If Ross was hired, I'd be happy with Perry Fewell as HC. One of my favorite coaching prospects is Cowher. If he's hired, I'd be happy with Omar Khan.

I really wanted David Shaw but he's not going to the NFL yet. So I guess my best combination would be:

GM: Omar Khan
HC: Bill Cowher
OC: Ken Whisenhunt
DC: Keith Butler

Damn, Kahn is so young, Cowher would intimidate him to get what he wants.

BryanBusby
12-24-2012, 05:42 PM
How many CFB HC's have gone on to the NFL without having any coaching background in the NFL at all ? Very damn few, to be honest, I do not know of any off the top of my head.

Many coaches have left the college ranks to go coach in the NFL, but to go to the HC's position is almost unheard of to the best of my knowledge.

Many NFL coaches have left the OC's & DC's, etc. to take HC jobs in college. To them, it's a step up to being the man in charge.

Kelly has never been a HC anywhere until being promoted from OC to HC in Oregon. Now I will give credit where it's due, he has done well at Oregon, but at what price? Recruiting violations means he had to cheat to attain the success he has had.
Those violations were happening before he ever became a Head Coach at Oregon.

Your argument is null when a team like Philly doesn't give a fuck and have a boner for him.

CaliforniaChief
12-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Damn, Kahn is so young, Cowher would intimidate him to get what he wants.

Well, Cowher isn't going to work for a GM he can't have at least equal say with.

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Those violations were happening before he ever became a Head Coach at Oregon.

Your argument is null when a team like Philly doesn't give a **** and have a boner for him.

Damn, if he goes , he goes. It's not like I said this is what the Chiefs will do with their coaching situation.

All I was saying is if it was I given the chance to assemble the new regime, I would attempt something similar to this if money wasn't a problem.

Would they accept ? Who knows.

TribalElder
12-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Chip Kelly HC FTW

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/32417685.jpg

Bump
12-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Dom Capers?

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/gifs/4cKaA.gif

ChiefsCountry
12-24-2012, 08:19 PM
So what you are saying is HC college is equal as HC NFL, Right ? Very few college HC's got to be a HC in the NFL, right away. Very few !

Most have to of had previous coaching experience in the NFL somewhere along the way. All Kelly has done is coached in the college ranks, never even played college ball.

I don't put the NFL & college football in the same class, therefore I do not look at a college HC being of par to a NFL HC.

To make a move at any level depends on the individual in question, what do they want to do?

I would say with facing heavy violations & probation, an OC job in the NFL with a large paycheck would motivate a jump if the person ( Kelly ) was interested. But he has to be interested.

Let me ask you this, with no NFL coaching experience and you were an NFL owner, would you roll the dice on Kelly as a HC for a team?

As for me, I would not, hot prospect and all .

If you think being a NFL OC is a more important job than being a head coach at a major college then you are just a fucking idiot. Plain and simple.

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Well, Cowher isn't going to work for a GM he can't have at least equal say with.

Agree. My comment was sarcasm, or at least I thought since I reference Kahn being so young.

Oh well :shrug:

ROYC75
12-24-2012, 08:59 PM
If you think being a NFL OC is a more important job than being a head coach at a major college then you are just a ****ing idiot. Plain and simple.

More important ? No.

So you are saying that being a CFB HC automatically qualifies you to become an NFL HC, even if you have never coached in the NFL ?

IMHO, I just feel he needs some exposure in the NFL first before tackling a job of such importance.