PDA

View Full Version : Football Sources: Jets testing GM waters

BigMeatballDave
12-24-2012, 06:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8778446/sources-new-york-jets-begun-search-replace-gm-mike-tannenbaum

jd1020
12-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Pioli is soon to be available.

BryanBusby
12-24-2012, 06:52 PM
The Jets are reaching out to potential GM candidates while exploring ways to keep current GM Mike Tannenbaum in a cap management role, according to league sources.

The Jets are trying to beef up their front office, particularly in personnel, given their failing in the draft and free agency in recent years. But owner Woody Johnson is looking for a way to keep Tannenbaum in a different capacity, primarily as a negotiator/cap guy, sources said. The team has quietly reached out to potential candidates to gauge interest in the bizarre arrangement, including approaching Mike Maccagnan, Houston's director of college scouting.

As expected, candidates have significant issues with the parameters, sources said. Tannenbaum has created many of the Jets issues with bloated contracts given to players like Mark Sanchez and Santonio Holmes, to name two, coupled with cap mismanagement that has left New York in a difficult plight heading into 2013. Furthermore, Tannenbaum has shared a very close relationship with Johnson, which naturally would be a red flag for someone joining the Jets from the outside.

Several potential GM candidates -- men expected to garner interviews for soon-to-be-open general manager jobs -- said they would never consider taking the Jets job under these circumstances and doubted that any strong candidate would.

"That's totally ridiculous," one exec said. "Only the Jets."

In the end, Johnson might have to bite the bullet and part with Tannenbaum in order to land a someone highly qualified for the position.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21449699/jets-explore-potential-gms-look-to-keep-tannenbaum-in-cap-job

LMAO

The guy that has steered them to cap hell and a god awful Sanchez contract is going to become their capologist.

Ace Gunner
12-24-2012, 07:05 PM
idiocy from idiocy central. fuck the J-E-T-S

chefsos
12-24-2012, 07:59 PM
God bless small children, puppies, idiots, and the Jets.

Just knowing they exist on this planet makes the fuckery at One Arrowhead a bit easier to take.

NJChiefsFan
12-24-2012, 09:59 PM
God bless small children, puppies, idiots, and the Jets.

Just knowing they exist on this planet makes the ****ery at One Arrowhead a bit easier to take.

And Jets fans want so bad to be cocky. The second they are decent they start talking shit. As always happens, they fall apart, and the fans go back to hating their team and feeling bad for themselves.

Rasputin
12-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Becareful what we say guys. Roger Goodell will probly switch draft slots with us and the jets so they can slobber all over the Jets having the first pick come draft day. And give one thousand hail marry Tim Tebows.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Source: Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum likely to lose job Monday
By Lisa Zimmerman | CBSSports.com
December 27, 2012 2:22 pm ET

According to a league source, Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum will be removed from his position on Monday. (US Presswire)

Sunday will be the last day of the Jets' 2012 season. It also will likely be the last day that Mike Tannenbaum will be the team's general manager.

As first reported on Sunday, according to a league source, Tannenbaum will be relieved of his duties as team owner Woody Johnson searches for a replacement.

One potential scenario is that Tannenbaum will be reassigned to another role within the organization.

Tannenbaum, who joined the Jets in 1997 as director of player contract negotiations, was elevated to general manager in 2006, replacing Terry Bradway who has remained with the team as a senior personnel executive.

The Jets are 6-9 going into the final game of the season. They have reached the playoffs in only three of Tannenbaum's seasons as general manager: 2006 wildcard game, 2009 AFC Championship and the 2010 AFC Championship.

Stay dialed in on the New York Jets by following correspondent Lisa Zimmerman on Twitter @CBSJets and @LisaZimmerman.

Thig Lyfe
12-27-2012, 04:06 PM
TAKE MY GM... PLEASE!

cyborgtable
12-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Bout damn time, just wish Woody would actually pull the trigger. The GM before him is still on staff

MMXcalibur
12-27-2012, 05:03 PM
The Jets are the Chiefs, only in a bigger media market, so we have to consistently hear about their dumbfuckery.

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2012, 05:06 PM
PAY ATTENTION CLARK HUNT

whoman69
12-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Scott Pioli should be available.

crossbow
12-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Coud we trade Peeholey for something they have?

A tuna sandwhich?

BossChief
12-28-2012, 02:10 AM
Can we get our 4th rounder back from the Herm disaster for Pioli?

Dunerdr
12-28-2012, 02:54 AM
Dear new york jets,
Interested in a trading our GM,HC,OC, big money Qb, DE, and a midget, for your wounded corner?
Signed the CHEFS.

Crush
12-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Coud we trade Peeholey for something they have?

A tuna sandwhich?

Depends on the type of bread.

Crush
12-28-2012, 03:05 AM
Dear new york jets,
Interested in a trading our GM,HC,OC, big money Qb, DE, and a midget, for your wounded corner?
Signed the CHEFS.

They would be fools not to take that offer. We should throw in our stud FB at no extra charge.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2012, 03:22 AM
Pioli and Cassel to NY.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

NJChiefsFan
12-28-2012, 03:27 AM
Bout damn time, just wish Woody would actually pull the trigger. The GM before him is still on staff

Lot of talk about T being kept on in a personnel role as well.

AussieChiefsFan
12-28-2012, 03:30 AM
Pioli and Cassel to NY.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Alex Smith, Mike Vick, and Cassel all in NY along with Pioli. Would be the funniest thing ive ever seen.

NJChiefsFan
12-28-2012, 03:33 AM
Alex Smith, Mike Vick, and Cassel all in NY along with Pioli. Would be the funniest thing ive ever seen.

Lets be 100% sure we dodge those three bullets before we imagine how funny it would be to see another team with them.

Dayze
12-28-2012, 11:36 AM
testing the waters...too bad there is no water in the pool

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-28-2012, 11:38 AM
@MMehtaNYDN I'm told Rex & Woody haven't discussed buyout. Rex wants to fix Jets O & hopes owner willing to provide $$ help

O.city
12-28-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm really hoping they fire Rex and we bring him in as DC.

BlackHelicopters
12-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Breaking News: Bad Football Teams Make Changes. Yawn

-King-
12-28-2012, 11:52 AM
PAY ATTENTION CLARK HUNT

I would hope to God hes not paying attention to this.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
12-28-2012, 11:53 AM
@MMehtaNYDN I'm told Rex & Woody haven't discussed buyout. Rex wants to fix Jets O & hopes owner willing to provide $$ help

Rex would go HARD after Bowe or Wallace if they hit the open market.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I meant the firing the GM part.

I assumed that was self-explanatory.

bevischief
12-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Same here. Then he will think all Chiefs fans are nuts...

Dayze
12-28-2012, 11:58 AM

he thinks they have great hands, work ethic, and good footwork.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2012, 01:18 PM
but he won't give a 1st round pick for either?

Any team could have had Bowe or Wallace for a 1st round pick and nobody bit.

SuperChief
12-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Can we get our 4th rounder back from the Herm disaster for Pioli?

Your sig is just fucking stupid. I expect more from you, man.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Your sig is just fucking stupid. I expect more from you, man.

He lost a bet.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2012, 01:23 PM
but he won't give a 1st round pick for either?

Any team could have had Bowe or Wallace for a 1st round pick and nobody bit.

Not because they aren't worth it, but because no team wants to give up the 1st AND an $80 million contract.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Not because they aren't worth it, but because no team wants to give up the 1st AND an $80 million contract.
you're right ... but you can bet teams would give up a 1st round pick for Calvin johnson even with his contract.

Reality is that teams don't think Bowe/Wallace are that level of receiver or they would of jumped at a trade.