PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Clark Hunt Statement

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-31-2012, 09:43 AM
"I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Romeo, both personally and professionally," Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said. "He is an accomplished coach, a man of great character and he helped guide our football team through some extremely challenging circumstances this season.

"However, I am embarrassed by the poor product we gave our fans this season, and I believe we have no choice but to move the franchise in a different direction. I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs. The entire football operation will remain under review, and there may be additional changes to come. No final determination has been made at this point on the future of General Manager Scott Pioli.

"Finally, I want to personally apologize to our fans for our performance this season. We are blessed to play for some of the best and most passionate fans in the National Football League and they deserve better than what we gave them this season. I want our fans to know that I will do everything I can to provide them with a dramatically better team - both next season and in the seasons to come - and our entire organization appreciates their support."

The Program ‏@theprogramkc

Clark Hunt: "I'm embarrassed by the poor product we gave our fans this season, and I believe we have no choice but to move the franchise...

"... in a new direction. I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs. The entire football operation will...

siberian khatru
12-31-2012, 09:44 AM
This is going to be a looooooong day

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2012, 09:45 AM
Wtf?

Setsuna
WTF is this shit? Flopnuts please don't allow this shit to continue after the emotional roller coaster you all have been through. This little bitch is still playing in the sandbox.

DaFace
Ban this stupid fuck please

This makes no sense. He's literally posting it as it's posted to Twitter.

ILChief
Why ban him? It's legit

FloridaMan88
12-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Soren Petro pieced together an apparent statement from Clark on Twitter... he's actually in the process of posting it. This appears legit.

FloridaMan88

Petro is literally posting it on Twitter right now.

FlaChief58

I got in on the first line. My bad, I thought he was trolling again

RealSNR
12-31-2012, 09:47 AM
Blame The Program, not ChiefsandOs. I appreciate the news.

CaliforniaChief
Sorry, didn't see that. It was just where he broke off the first tweet.

Looks like Clark's running the franchise and Pioli is a lame duck.

DaFace
I'm going to start kicking people out of threads who call for bans for no reason. They shouldn't care since they think the info shouldn't have been posted, right?

notorious
That first break made my heart jump.

ChiTown
Ban this stupid **** please

?

You realize that he posted EXACTLY how this was posted on Twitter, right?

chiefzilla1501
WTF is this shit? Flopnuts please don't allow this shit to continue after the emotional roller coaster you all have been through. This little bitch is still playing in the sandbox.

Twitter has a character limit. Hence, why its being posted.

OnTheWarpath15
12-31-2012, 09:48 AM
It's legit, the statement was just read on 810 as well, I posted a piece of it in another thread.

petegz28
Assuming this is legit it could be he is keeping Pioli until the next guy is identified and hired but the intent to do just that is there..........I hope

tk13
This is legit. Soren just posted it on twitter in a billion pieces. He'd been better off just putting it on his website and linking to it in one tweet. Call off the dogs.

suds79
Unbelievable what a pussy Clark Hunt is. Appears it is official, we have an owner problem.

DaFace
That first break made my heart jump.

(sigh)

Clark apparently has released a statement, which Petro is now typing into Twitter to get it out to fans.

Chiefs Pantalones
The Program? Why would he have access to this?

Setsuna
He can't wait till it's all posted and do it in one fell swoop? He's doing this shit because he wants to be first. JFC.

FlaChief58
12-31-2012, 09:49 AM
?

You realize that he posted EXACTLY how this was posted on Twitter, right?

Yeah, I deleted the post.

notorious
Of all the places for that first part to break. ROFL

DeezNutz
There better be additional changes to come, you stupid motherfucker you.

the Talking Can
they read it on 810

clark said he had not made a decision on pioli

that fact alone is fucking depressing....he wants to bring him back, he is not offended by pioli's total incompetence

Marcellus
The fact Clark says "I" will immediately begin the search for a new coach says a lot.

Deberg_1990
Welp, it was fun being a Chiefs fan while it lasted....see ya Clark!

htismaqe
People need to relax.

It's a legit tweet and IMO not good news for Pioli.

Graystoke
Determine Pioli's Fate now Clark.

Insert "Bye Gif" here.

FloridaMan88
Good news: It appears Clark is leading the search for the next HC, which shows diminished power/role for Fat Scott.

Bad news: Fat Scott still has a role of any type with the Chiefs and hasn't been fired.

Dante84
I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs.

The "I" stood out to me...

siberian khatru
12-31-2012, 09:50 AM
That lends credence to the reports that Clark is giving Pioli a "last chance" to save his job ... such as by attracting a big-name coach.

He wants Pioli to prove that the Manning debacle was an anomaly. That Pioli CAN attract big-name people to work for/with him.

Just my speculation.

ChiefsCountry
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Part-Ways-with-Romeo-Crennel/c106ca75-cf83-4c27-860e-6479eb74c776

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Monday that Romeo Crennel has been relieved of his duties as head coach.

Crennel, 65, was named Kansas City’s 12th head coach in franchise history on Jan. 9, 2012. He compiled a 2-14 regular season record in 2012 and finished the 2011 season 2-1 as the club’s interim head coach.

"I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Romeo, both personally and professionally,” Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said. “He is an accomplished coach, a man of great character and he helped guide our football team through some extremely challenging circumstances this season.

“However, I am embarrassed by the poor product we gave our fans this season, and I believe we have no choice but to move the franchise in a different direction. I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs. The entire football operation will remain under review, and there may be additional changes to come. No final determination has been made at this point on the future of General Manager Scott Pioli.

“Finally, I want to personally apologize to our fans for our performance this season. We are blessed to play for some of the best and most passionate fans in the National Football League and they deserve better than what we gave them this season. I want our fans to know that I will do everything I can to provide them with a dramatically better team – both next season and in the seasons to come – and our entire organization appreciates their support.”

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
"I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Romeo, both personally and professionally,” Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said. “He is an accomplished coach, a man of great character and he helped guide our football team through some extremely challenging circumstances this season.

“However, I am embarrassed by the poor product we gave our fans this season, and I believe we have no choice but to move the franchise in a different direction. I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs. The entire football operation will remain under review, and there may be additional changes to come. No final determination has been made at this point on the future of General Manager Scott Pioli.

“Finally, I want to personally apologize to our fans for our performance this season. We are blessed to play for some of the best and most passionate fans in the National Football League and they deserve better than what we gave them this season. I want our fans to know that I will do everything I can to provide them with a dramatically better team – both next season and in the seasons to come – and our entire organization appreciates their support.”

hometeam

"...our fans to know that I will do everything I can to provide them with a dramatically better team - both next season and in the seasons..

This is day 1. Prove it. You can start off by firing Scott Pioli. Now.

BigMeatballDave
Talking about this on 610 now

Chiefs Pantalones
We're getting a powerhouse GM/HC I feel it. Just a hunch. Pioli is gone.

Ace Gunner
I'm going to start kicking people out of threads who call for bans for no reason. They shouldn't care since they think the info shouldn't have been posted, right?

and kick them in the face too :D

petegz28
12-31-2012, 09:51 AM
It is rather odd that he even mentioned Pioli like that

wazu
The fact Clark says "I" will immediately begin the search for a new coach says a lot.

Not nearly as much as just FUCKING FIRING that worthless FUCK would have!

htismaqe

Yep.

Codered
People need to relax.

It's a legit tweet and IMO not good news for Pioli.

I was also thinking that. It didn't sound like a vote of confidence at all. At this point you have to wonder if money is the only thing keeping Clark from firing Piloi and he is trying to figure that part out first.

OnTheWarpath15

Talk is cheap, Clark.

ChiefRocka
thought we were headed to LA for a second...

htismaqe
Not nearly as much as just ****ING FIRING that worthless **** would have!

Maybe they're haggling on buyout money?

notorious
Clark Hunt: "I'm embarrassed by the poor product we gave our fans this season, and I believe we have no choice but to move the franchise...

Twitter needs to go fuck itself.

Bowser
they read it on 810

clark said he had not made a decision on pioli

that fact alone is fucking depressing....he wants to bring him back, he is not offended by pioli's total incompetence

If true, the only good news in all of that we can hope for is that Clark is having a hard time finding quality coaches that want to work with Herr Pioli. Pathetic that it takes THAT to potentially get Pioli the boot.....

htismaqe
12-31-2012, 09:52 AM
I was also thinking that. It didn't sound like a vote of confidence at all. At this point you have to wonder if money is the only thing keeping Clark from firing Piloi and he is trying to figure that part out first.

Exactly.

Chiefnj2
There is absolutely NO REASON why a decision hasn't been made yet on Pioli. NONE.

I've enjoyed rooting for the Seahawks this year and it looks like it'll continue for a few more years.

CaliforniaChief
Yeah, Pioli's toast. To say he's safe is a misnomer.

Here's how I see it. Clark is changing his philosophy. Whereas before he hired the GM first and then the coach, now Clark's going after the big HC who will then decide about the front office.

This means that the Bill Cowher's, Andy Reid's, Jon Gruden's, etc...are now in play.

FloridaMan88
A lot of people on here wanted the dynamic changed from powerful GM who picks the HC, to a powerful HC with the GM as an accessory to the HC.

This appears to be the direction Clark is taking.

However, Clark will probably find that Fat Scott's continued presence... even if he isn't leading the HC search will make it very difficult to attract the top candidates on the market.

Jayhawk Chief
12-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Hunt says he is looking for the next HC.

Not Pioli.

No decent HC will come here and work for Pioli. Marty is advising Clark, not Pioli....IMHO

wazu
This must be related to the lawsuit somehow. It's the only explanation.

DaveNull

Hard to believe that they need Pioli around to keep paying the light bill out at Arrowhead.

Dante84
It is rather odd that he even mentioned Pioli like that

Agreed. The fact that he addressed it shows that Pioli will be gone, IMO.

He wouldn't have opened that can just to open it.

Robo-Chachi
That lends credence to the reports that Clark is giving Pioli a "last chance" to save his job ... such as by attracting a big-name coach.

He wants Pioli to prove that the Manning debacle was an anomaly. That Pioli CAN attract big-name people to work for/with him.

Just my speculation.

Great. Going through all that is how we ended up with Brady Quinn a "serious competition" for Matt Cassel.

It isn't like time is an issue in all of this.

OnTheWarpath15
12-31-2012, 09:54 AM

Exactly.

WTF has Clark been doing for the last 3 months?

Letting this drag out is going to cost Clark more than money.

DaFace

I kind of wondered that. I wonder if there's a possibility that Pioli would be retained (due to contract) but kept on the team in a completely different role. Not ideal, but you never know.

Graystoke
This must be related to the lawsuit somehow. It's the only explanation.

Fill me in. What lawsuit?

FlaChief58

When I opened the thread, the first line was the only line posted. With all of the other BS threads going on here, I just figured this was just another troll attempt

siberian khatru
Would Pioli really stay on in a diminished capacity?

notorious
Clark is the man.

That piece of shit Pioli is gone.

Deberg_1990

Welcome my Father in Law, Bill Parcells to KC!

CaliforniaChief
Basically Scott's on a paid vacation while Clark takes over and finds out if the coach he wants will keep Pioli around.

He just neutered Pioli.

Jayhawk Chief
Attorneys are trying to figure out what the terms are of Pioli's exit. That's what this sounds like.

Rasputin
"Finally, I want to personally apologize to our fans for our performance this season. We are blessed..

"...to play for some of the best and most passionate fans in the NFL and they deserve better than what we gave them this season. I want...

"...our fans to know that I will do everything I can to provide them with a dramatically better team - both next season and in the seasons..

"...to come - and our entire organization appreciates their support."

~~~WE DESERVE BETTER FIRE SCOTT PIOLI SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

YEAH, I think he read that in the sky

Codered
12-31-2012, 09:55 AM
To be fair contracts and legality isn't always as simple as it should/could be. Especially if Pioli DID sign an extenstion like it was rumored earlier this year.

At this point I'm just tossing out guesses like anyone else.

Marcellus
Issuing a statement saying he is going to start looking for a new coach and Pioli's future has not been determined means Pioli has no control over his future.

It all depends on who the coach may be.

FloridaMan88
I kind of wondered that. I wonder if there's a possibility that Pioli would be retained (due to contract) but kept on the team in a completely different role. Not ideal, but you never know.

Head of Janitorial Services.

SAUTO
he's trying to see if any of the coaches he wants would want to be Belichek to pioli.

mcaj22
id really love to know what Pioli is being paid contract wise

Clark must be on the hook for a lot of money with this idiot and cant get out of it. The only logical thing I can think of why he hasnt fired him yet.

tk13
It all depends really. If Clark is looking for a Cowher/Gruden/Reid type, then this makes a ton of sense.

It would seem to put down the idea of hiring someone like the Polians though.

Dante84
12-31-2012, 09:56 AM

God that would be great.

Clark makes him wear a janitor suit and he goes around picking up candy wrappers all day.

Smug son of a bitch.

DaWolf
Basically Scott's on a paid vacation while Clark takes over and finds out if the coach he wants will keep Pioli around.

He just neutered Pioli.

Yep. Solid statement by Hunt. Now let's see if he can reel in that big boy coach...

Marcellus

He just neutered Pioli.

Yup. HE has no control over own future at this point and just got smacked down. I know he isn't fired yet but he did get slammed.

Maybe Clark is torturing him.

siberian khatru
Great. Going through all that is how we ended up with Brady Quinn a "serious competition" for Matt Cassel.

It isn't like time is an issue in all of this.

It might not take that long to contact a handful of big-name coaches to find out if any of them would come here with Pioli still here, and under what possible conditions.

FloridaMan88

Doubt it. I think he as a golden parachute back to the Patriots in a similar behind the scenes capacity.

I would guess that is where he'd rather be.

DaWolf
God that would be great.

Clark makes him wear a janitor suit and he goes around picking up candy wrappers all day.

Smug son of a bitch.
ROFL

Arrowhead Nation
12-31-2012, 09:57 AM

Here's how I see it. Clark is changing his philosophy. Whereas before he hired the GM first and then the coach, now Clark's going after the big HC who will then decide about the front office.

This means that the Bill Cowher's, Andy Reid's, Jon Gruden's, etc...are now in play.

Exactly

DeezNutz
HC will clearly have total control over personnel. In a sense, Pioli has been canned.

Chiefs Pantalones
I bet we get a Reid, Cowher or Gruden. It just sounds like that is what he's looking for.

notorious
He just neutered Pioli.

And he is still deciding whether or not put the stupid fuck down.

siberian khatru
Welcome my Father in Law, Bill Parcells to KC!

ROFL

Codered
The fact that Clark made the statement and not Pioli who has made all statements since his hire says a lot.

DaveNull

I think he's been managing the team with diminished capacity for at least a year.

Robo-Chachi
Hunt will be on the Program today, according to Petro.

Marcellus
HC will clearly have total control over personnel. In a sense, Pioli has been canned.

Bingo.

OnTheWarpath15
12-31-2012, 09:58 AM
It all depends really. If Clark is looking for a Cowher/Gruden/Reid type, then this makes a ton of sense.

It would seem to put down the idea of hiring someone like the Polians though.

It doesn't make any sense.

Other teams are dumping underperformers.

Meanwhile, Clark is playing some sort of chess game. There's no advantage (other than money) to keeping Scott Pioli for another second.

OnTheWarpath15

If so, why the charade?

Just fire the SOB.

Fish

He just neutered Pioli.

But that's pointless. No coach in the world is going to want to come in here and keep Pioli if they're given a say in the matter. There's no reason for it.

the Talking Can
why not just fire pioli

is any HC going to want to work with a wounded GM, much less a total asshole and failure like pioli?

DeezNutz
12-31-2012, 09:59 AM

Meanwhile, Clark is playing some sort of chess game. There's no advantage (other than money) to keeping Scott Pioli for another second.

You're right that there is no upside to this move at all. PR nightmare and potentially damning for trying to get a high-quality coach.

Dunerdr
Well lets show clark what we think of pioli and help him along!

Bowser
WHB's web page is linking a story from Gregg Rosentahl from NFL.com saying Crennel is out, but Pioli is to remain.

Don't shoot the messenger, just passing it along.

Codered
why not just fire pioli

is any HC going to want to work with a wounded GM, much less a total asshole and failure like pioli?

Because you can't fire him until a buy out and all that is reached and signed. Who knows the language on the contract.

Deberg_1990
I bet we get a Reid, Cowher or Gruden. It just sounds like that is what he's looking for.

Yea, a proven winner with some stones to come in and tell Pioli to GTFO!!!!!

Chiefnj2
I can't believe people are defending Clark right now. What a moronic fan base.

There is NO reason to keep Pioli. Who cares if he finds a coach that wants to work with Scott? Why have a lame duck GM without power? Clean the slate.

DeezNutz
12-31-2012, 10:00 AM
If so, why the charade?

Just fire the SOB.

It's pointless, but Clark has proven to be a pussy like this. Not entirely different from the way that Herm was handled.

FloridaMan88

Agreed.

No credible potential HC will want Fat Scott in the organization... even if the HC is given more power.

If anything Fat Scott's presence will make it more difficult to attract a big name HC.

Chiefs Pantalones

If so, he better rock the fuck out of Hunt and no toilet paper questions.

RealSNR
Maybe he's trying to get Pioli himself to quit his job? Does Clark save money if that's what happens?

Marcellus
why not just fire pioli

From a personal standpoint I think its more damning if they hire a coach and then can Pioli because no one would work with him, thats like a death sentence.

Just fire him now and you can put it all on the 2-14 season and not the internal issues and the fact he cant get along with anyone who isn't a puppet for him.

SAUTO

maybe he thinks pioli can do good with a strong HC (i Dont agree BTW) like what happened in NE.

remember when herm was kept around?

it's going to be either gruden or cowher and they want to see if they can work with pioli as their helper

Bowser
12-31-2012, 10:01 AM
why not just fire pioli

As someone pointed out earlier, maybe it's a legal issue with language of the buyout in Pioli's contract, and Clark can't legally talk about it just yet?

Ace Gunner
WTF has Clark been doing for the last 3 months?

Letting this drag out is going to cost Clark more than money.

Anyone could have guessed this season was going badly after 4 games, yet Romeo got another 12 to show the world hella stink in KC. That is Scott Pioli's power.

Haley was 5 - 8 and got canned mid season. That was Pioli's power grab.

This is not Clark Hunt we are hearing from Clark's mouth. This Is Scott Pioli's words, his spin coming from Clark's mealy mouth.

Y'all are being lied to. Pioli is gonna get more time in KC. He'll grab his boy Josh McD and away they go into 2013.

ShowtimeSBMVP
Fescoe "The man that cant fire Pioli is gonna hire the new coach"

mcaj22
why not just fire pioli

well im not defending Pioli but what are Clarks options?

Reid
Gruden
Cowher
etc etc etc

Clark is going to go through all of his favorite big name/total control coaches (whoever they are, the ones I listed are examples) and if one is legitimate and it works out, bing bang boom Pioli is gone.

But all the big name coaches could still go elsewhere/not coach/say no, Clark doesnt know until the legitimate interview process is over (still have to do the Rooney rule too)

so if all the big names shoot down Clark (possible) then he can rely on Pioli as a safety net to bring in one of his buddies, McDaniels, BOB, Saban, etc and continue this crap circus for another year of failure

Deberg_1990
There is NO reason to keep Pioli. Who cares if he finds a coach that wants to work with Scott? Why have a lame duck GM without power? Clean the slate.

Got to be something with the contract and of course $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

htismaqe

This.

Graystoke
12-31-2012, 10:02 AM
maybe he thinks pioli can do good with a strong HC (i Dont agree BTW) like what happened in NE.

remember when herm was kept around?

it's going to be either gruden or cowher and they want to see if they can work with pioli as their helper

Pioli is no Helper.

CaliforniaChief

I'd like to see Pioli shown the door today, too.

But the statement tells me that Pioli's just a lame duck GM at this point.

The fact that the GM is not running the new search for a HC is very telling. Clark's a systematic thinker. He's changing the philosophy and getting the HC he wants, and then the GM will come from that.

Evidently he's come to believe that it's more important to get the best HC who will then find personnel people.

Marcellus
I wonder if Hunt has an agreement already started with a big name coach and is just waiting to get it done before canning Pioli?

wazu
Fill me in. What lawsuit?

The ongoing age discrimination lawsuit the Chiefs are battling, also thanks to Pioli. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10628801

siberian khatru

I think you answered it.

Pioli can stay and collect his checks if he's willing to be a eunuch. Clark is figuring that if he (Clark) hires a Cowher or Gruden with full personnel control, Pioli will resign rather than stay just for money and be humiliated as just a spreadsheet guy.

Right now, Clark is trying to find out if "his" coaching guy would work under those conditions. If not, he's gonna have to fire Pioli.

RealSNR
12-31-2012, 10:03 AM
Fescoe "The man that cant fire Pioli is gonna hire the new coach"

Does Fescoe mean he doesn't feel confident in Clark's new hire whoever that may be?

htismaqe
Issuing a statement saying he is going to start looking for a new coach and Pioli's future has not been determined means Pioli has no control over his future.

It all depends on who the coach may be.

And this.

Graystoke
The ongoing age discrimination lawsuit the Chiefs are battling, also thanks to Pioli. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10628801

Ahh thanks!

the Talking Can
As someone pointed out earlier, maybe it's a legal issue with language of the buyout in Pioli's contract, and Clark can't legally talk about it just yet?

that's the hope...i have no clue what is in clark's head right now

this is going to be Valhalla or Hiroshima...

OnTheWarpath15
All Clark is doing at this point is showing he's a wishy-washy, gutless owner.

Forget about who is willing to work for Pioli, who is willing to work for Clark?

Marcellus

The fact that the GM is not running the new search for a HC is very telling. Clark's a systematic thinker. He's changing the philosophy and getting the HC he wants, and then the GM will come from that.

Evidently he's come to believe that it's more important to get the best HC who will then find personnel people.

I think we have all stated we need a good coach who can the identify a GM they want to work with. Build form the coach up.

I want Pioli lit on fire, not just fired but at least I feel like he is likely out the door.

htismaqe
Maybe he's trying to get Pioli himself to quit his job? Does Clark save money if that's what happens?

Yes. Scott gets nothing if he quits voluntarily.

FloridaMan88
12-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Clark wants the new HC to do his dirty work... fire Fat Scott.

Hootie
If they hire a HC and give him final say that'll be hilarious...Pioli will be where he was in new England

ChiefsCountry
You go out and hire a Bill Cowher type and Pioli will get canned quickly. Also its an easy out on Hunt saying the new HC doesn't want you. Not in between time you bet they got the law team working on the buyout details.

RealSNR

Dear Christ. Did Clark sign a contract that allows Pioli to kill his first born if he gets fired? Good God. Why would ANY employer put up with that kind of shit?

The Bad Guy
I firmly believe Cowher will be the first call.

It doesn't make any sense why he just wouldn't fire him, but I guess this is better than coming out and saying Pioli is staying today.

htismaqe

Forget about who is willing to work for Pioli, who is willing to work for Clark?

I know it's hard but you need to be patient. Having him gone on Thursday is better than having him retained today.

saphojunkie
12-31-2012, 10:05 AM
It is entirely possible that clark is looking for a way to keep pioli but add another piece to the personnel puzzle. If the reports are true and Pioli has made clark a ton of money over the last few years, he might be looking for a way to preserve that functionality while simultaneously taking away some of pioli's power.

not ideal, for sure.

OR he could be waiting to see what happens with the head coaching position. IE bill cowher wants to come to KC but wants nothing to do with Pioli. Perhaps then Pioli becomes the business/negotiation point man while Cowher has final say over all drafting/personnel/coaching hires and changes.

Face it, Chiefs fans... we are Chiefs fans. Nothing is ever easy for us.

mcaj22
i want a power hungry HC with full control just so the guy can PURGE/RID US OF THIS PATS TREE BULLSHIT CONNECTION

and I hate full control HCs. But if it takes a full control HC to free us from this awful high brow club that everyone else in the league hates, players and coaches alike, so be it

siberian khatru
If they hire a HC and give him final say that'll be hilarious...Pioli will be where he was in new England

Bingo

OnTheWarpath15

How does firing Pioli along with RAC change any of that?

L.A. Chieffan
12-31-2012, 10:06 AM
People are VEEERY sensitive about the whole "moving" thing.

Get over it.

Graystoke
At least Clark has made a statement that gives us hope.

Finish it!

SAUTO
Pioli is no Helper.

what are you talking about?

by all accounts he excelled at getting the type of players that BB wanted.

he obviously NEEDS someone to show him what players work in the coaches system.

he was a good robin to BB batman. maybe someone clark already talked to thinks they can work together in that capacity

Marcellus

I am going to say that potential GM and coaching candidates look at things different than fans.

Not just blowing shit up 10 seconds after the season every year would be a desirable situation.

OMG Clark isn't just flipping out and cleaning out Pioli's office already today so no GM wants to come here?

That is silly.

cabletech94
12-31-2012, 10:07 AM
It is entirely possible that clark is looking for a way to keep pioli but add another piece to the personnel puzzle. If the reports are true and Pioli has made clark a ton of money over the last few years, he might be looking for a way to preserve that functionality while simultaneously taking away some of pioli's power.

not ideal, for sure.

OR he could be waiting to see what happens with the head coaching position. IE bill cowher wants to come to KC but wants nothing to do with Pioli. Perhaps then Pioli becomes the business/negotiation point man while Cowher has final say over all drafting/personnel/coaching hires and changes.

Face it, Chiefs fans... we are Chiefs fans. Nothing is ever easy for us.

That.

HolyHat
I think Clark gave Pioli that extension, and Clark is trying to convince himself to give Scott that 19 million and let him go.

okcchief
I have a feeling even if Pioli stays it will be on the business side. They either give the head coach power over the roster or bring someone in with him. Either way this is better news than he's being retained.

PhillyChiefFan

Hope this is true. However, hiring the a big name HC may be MORE difficult if Pioli is here. Pioli doesn't exactly have the greatest reputation when it comes to his ability to work and play with others.

Wasn't it rumored that Pioli's ego was a big determining factor in Manning choosing not to come to KC?

htismaqe
i want a power hungry HC with full control just so the guy can PURGE/RID US OF THIS PATS TREE BULLSHIT CONNECTION

and I hate full control HCs. But if it takes a full control HC to free us from this awful high brow club that everyone else in the league hates, players and coaches alike, so be it

I will take Cowher even.

mcaj22
actually Pioli was awful as BB's sidekick, and I'm pretty sure the last 4 years proved him to be a huge fraud/fools gold

you are talking about the guy that drafted Brandon Meriweather, Larwrence Marony and other awful scrubs while he was there.

then he leaves and BB magically drafts two stud TEs, Mallet, Ridley and tons of young defensive studs in Hightower, Jones, McCourty, Spikes, and trades for Talib. Things Pioli would never, ever, do

OnTheWarpath15
I know it's hard but you need to be patient. Having him gone on Thursday is better than having him retained today.

It has nothing to do with patience, I've been a Chiefs fan for 33 years. I'm plenty patient.

But there is literally NO reason to keep Pioli around to see who is willing to work with him.

Clark is basically showing the NFL how gutless he is by trying to find someone else to fire Pioli.

Just do it, then go about hiring the best staff possible.

suds79
12-31-2012, 10:08 AM
At least Clark has made a statement that gives us hope.

Finish it!

Are you serious? If anything this statement should make you panic. We have a HUGE owner problem. He's not sure if Scott Pioli should be fired! Maybe Scott did sign an extension back earlier in the season? Who knows?

Now he's passing the buck on Scott's fate to the next HC??? This is not the type of management that will ever win a SB.

DeezNutz

It doesn't make any sense why he just wouldn't fire him, but I guess this is better than coming out and saying Pioli is staying today.

Yep.

saphojunkie
BTW who the fuck posted that to Twitter? What kind of asshole leads with "we have to move the franchise..."

Whatever moron assistant transcribed clark's statement to twitter needs to be fired, even before Pioli.

SAUTO
You go out and hire a Bill Cowher type and Pioli will get canned quickly. Also its an easy out on Hunt saying the new HC doesn't want you. Not in between time you bet they got the law team working on the buyout details.

its been rumored that clark has already talked to cowher.

the HC cant do it all and maybe he thinks pioli can go back to what he was doing in NE and succeed.

FTR i dont think it would work

Hammock Parties
12-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Clark is treating Pioli the same way he treated Herm before Pioli fired Herm.

Food for thought.

DeezNutz
12-31-2012, 10:10 AM
its been rumored that clark has already talked to cowher.

the HC cant do it all and maybe he thinks pioli can go back to what he was doing in NE and succeed.

FTR i dont think it would work

I think that Pioli could be successful in that role (fetching coffee) again. But not now. He's created too toxic of an environment.

Ace Gunner

how is it Pioli is a "lame duck" when he is still GM? How is any HC prospect going to sign with this franchise that is holding a "lame duck" GM?

Nope. Clark is puppeted by Pioli. Which means Pioli is totally in charge.

TimeForWasp
If I was forced to pay Pioli for another year, I would keep him around as a mail boy and make him bust his ass or fire him for being useless. Make him work his dumb ass off.

suds79

Food for thought.

No way. You're setting yourself up for a big, big disappointment. He's had all season to fire him. Now the season is over and he still didn't do it.

Scott Pioli is your GM for the Chiefs next year.

tk13

Food for thought.

Pretty much. I really don't think it'll hurt Clark's chances of hiring the guy he wants. Especially if it's someone like Cowher or Reid. This whole process is a bit odd but those guys aren't going to care about all this.

DeezNutz
Clark to be on 810 later today. Probably around lunch.

DaveNull
Pioli was brought in as the wizard of the personnel end of the Patriots. No way does he keep this job so he can run concessions and parking.

SAUTO
I think that Pioli could be successful in that role (fetching coffee) again. But not now. He's created too toxic of an environment.

that why i dont think it would work here either.

but i think that what they are waiting to see.

Bowser
12-31-2012, 10:11 AM
It has nothing to do with patience, I've been a Chiefs fan for 33 years. I'm plenty patient.

But there is literally NO reason to keep Pioli around to see who is willing to work with him.

Clark is basically showing the NFL how gutless he is by trying to find someone else to fire Pioli.

Just do it, then go about hiring the best staff possible.

At this point, I'm just holding onto the hope that it really is legalities that is keeping Hunt from addressing Pioli. As in, they are in a battle of the buyout of Pioli's contract, and Hunt just flat CAN'T talk about it.

OnTheWarpath15
I am going to say that potential GM and coaching candidates look at things different than fans.

Not just blowing shit up 10 seconds after the season every year would be a desirable situation.

OMG Clark isn't just flipping out and cleaning out Pioli's office already today so no GM wants to come here?

That is silly.

Hyperbolic much?

Blowing shit up every year?

Scott Pioli has been in charge for 4 years.

What more could Clark possibly need to see to make a decision?

There is literally ZERO advantage to keeping Pioli today, tomorrow or for days, weeks, etc.

siberian khatru

Food for thought.

"So, will you give thought to keeping the old guy?"

"Sure I will. About 3 seconds' worth."

ChiefsCountry

I believe this as well. Clark knows he needs a big name, has a history with the Chiefs and somebody who will demand control.

Art Vader
http://s9.postimage.org/uupn4n8wf/Chunt_Trainwreck.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
free image hosting (http://postimage.org/)

Codered
While I agree that Cowher is the first call ... I think that is wishful thinking.

If you remove Pioli from the equation there is a lot better chance of bringing a good coach in here.

Robo-Chachi
Petro does not know what time Hunt will be on the show, but he says he will be on at some point today.

SAUTO
Hyperbolic much?

There is literally ZERO advantage to keeping Pioli today, tomorrow or for days, weeks, etc.

he is good at contracts?

Setsuna

Food for thought.

Role reversal? I don't think this applies.

Pushead2
12-31-2012, 10:12 AM
FUCK this guy & fire him. Who gives a fuck if its the day right after the season. He has made a laughing stock of this franchise.

The Bad Guy
12-31-2012, 10:12 AM
I just got an email from the guy who gave me the info yesterday.

The Denver embarrassment changed Clark's tune a bit according to him.

Pioli presented the plan late last night to Clark about pursuing his typical cronies, and that didn't fly. The fan backlash over statements yesterday has been incredible as well.

If Pioli stays by some miracle, his powers are going to be stripped considerably.

This HC hire is Clark's and Clark's only.

Ace Gunner
12-31-2012, 10:13 AM
and OBTW- this will drag out until the Patriots lose during the playoffs. IF they lose..

DeezNutz

Totally agree. But he's likely going to be fired soon, and I don't think this kills the franchise's chances moving forward.

It's stupid; it's not a positive, but I don't think it's an absolute killer.

Make no mistake, though, Hunt deserves no praise for this.

Chiefnj2
While Clark is playing games, other teams are wooing GM's. Shit and get off the pot. In Clark's first rodeo he waited very long to assemble the staff. The resulting draft sucked ass and the excuse was "oh, they didn't have enough time. They didn't have their full scouting staff together...."

OnTheWarpath15
23-42. We have to think about it.

2 HC's in 4 years. We have to think about it.

2 decent draft picks in 4 years. We have to think about it.

Great point on 610 - can we trust a guy that can't fire Scott Pioli - a guy with this body of work, who basically brought the organization to the depths of hell with his bullshit?

Codered
12-31-2012, 10:14 AM

Pioli presented the plan late last night to Clark about pursuing his typical cronies, and that didn't fly. The fan backlash over statements yesterday has been incredible as well.

If Pioli stays by some miracle, his powers are going to be stripped considerably.

I could see that.

wazu

What the FUCK, Clark? We learned nothing new from the Denver game. We could win that game by 50 and the decision is still painfully fucking obvious.

chiefzilla1501
actually Pioli was awful as BB's sidekick, and I'm pretty sure the last 4 years proved him to be a huge fraud/fools gold

you are talking about the guy that drafted Brandon Meriweather, Larwrence Marony and other awful scrubs while he was there.

then he leaves and BB magically drafts two stud TEs, Mallet, Ridley and tons of young defensive studs in Hightower, Jones, McCourty, Spikes, and trades for Talib. Things Pioli would never, ever, do

The college scouting director was the problem. You will see that the strength of new england drafts is highly correlated with the draft success. I hate pioli, but his job wasn't to scout. It was to digest scouting reports sent to him based on sound bytes picked by the scouting director. Pioli did well most of his time in new England. But we didn't get the pioli. We got the pioli that decided he was going to be pioli and bellichick at the same time.

ChiefsCountry

Good to hear.

Bowser
12-31-2012, 10:15 AM

Excellent.

However, that it took the game in Denver to sway Clark is crazy. And really, how the fuck does Pioli come to Clark with more people from the Cleveland Belichick days and expect to get the green light?

The Bad Guy
Clark making the statement about Romeo is significant as well.

stonedstooge
Sounds like Fat Scott is holding something over Chunts head

Mizzou_8541

Any idea what time?

OnTheWarpath15
he is good at contracts?

Who cares.

He's created a toxic environment inside Arrowhead. Keeping him around, even without any power is begging for trouble.

Pushead2
Is our piece of shit OC gone yet too?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Is an Andy Reid, Cowher or Gruden gonna draft a Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson?

FloridaMan88
23-42. We have to think about it.

2 HC's in 4 years. We have to think about it.

2 decent draft picks in 4 years. We have to think about it.

Great point on 610 - can we trust a guy that can't fire Scott Pioli - a guy with this body of work, who basically brought the organization to the depths of hell with his bullshit?

Agreed.

To all the dumbshits who are crying about patience and not blowing things up 12 hours after the season ended... seriously were you watching the Chiefs at all this season?

This was a historically bad season that Clark himself just described as making him "embarrassed" and called for a "change in direction" with the franchise.

How do you make a credible "change in direction" without getting rid of the architect of this team, Fat Scott?

Graystoke

That better be a given.

siberian khatru

I honestly can't believe Denver would have anything to do with it. What was different in that game than any other this season?

I COULD see the "Pioli cronies" angle, though. I could see Clark thinking, Well, I'll at least hear him out and see what his plan is for turning things around. And then Pioli starts talking about Josh McDaniels or Eric Mangini or whatnot, and Clark's eyes start glazing over.

saphojunkie

Food for thought.

In both cases, he didn't want to fire the guy...but had to.

Gary
12-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Clark wants the new HC to do his dirty work... fire Fat Scott.

Clark can just pay for my plane ticket and I'll walk right into his office with a cardboard box in my hand and tell the ****er to fill it immediately and GTFO.

Robo-Chachi
Any idea what time?

He just said he didn't have a time. Sounds like later in the afternoon (12-2.)

Bowser

Yeah, like the buyout clause of his contract.

MVChiefFan
I just don't know how Clark can come out and actually say to the public that a decision on Pioli hasn't been made yet and that not be a damning statement. Wouldn't you think if he was leaning towards keeping him his first words would be more of a vote of confidence for him?

DaWolf
Are you serious? If anything this statement should make you panic. We have a HUGE owner problem. He's not sure if Scott Pioli should be fired! Maybe Scott did sign an extension back earlier in the season? Who knows?

Now he's passing the buck on Scott's fate to the next HC??? This is not the type of management that will ever win a SB.

Perhaps. Or perhaps he is cold and calculating, sees Scott as a tool that the next guy could use for a few days to pick his brain on who is currently on the roster, like Pioli did with Herm. You also have to remember, the next head coach likely won't be able to hire his own personnel department and scouts entirely from the ground up until after the draft, and so they may be stuck with a lot of the current scouts and personnel people on staff until after the draft. That's what happened with Pioli when he took over in 2009 and had to use Carl's guys until after the draft.

Or perhaps it is legal stuff going on in the background. Either way, it sounds to me that if Pioli becomes an impediment to hiring someone, he can be eliminated.

I'm going to trust Hunt on this one, but I retain the right to change my mind on him if he hires some limp head coach who is buddies with Pioli...

stonedstooge
Yeah, like the buyout clause of his contract.

Or cooked books

Rams Fan
So no final determination has been made on Pioli yet?

Ace Gunner

So, you think Clark Hunt, who "fired" 5 - 8 Haley during last season and then proceeded to allow RC to win 1 ****ing game of like 13 to continue on until alas -- "2 - 14 is enough".

Nope. Clark Hunt is not at the helm here. He is parroting Pioli's spin.

siberian khatru
Who cares.

He's created a toxic environment inside Arrowhead. Keeping him around, even without any power is begging for trouble.

Yeah, would you trust that prick not to try to undermine things?

chiefzilla1501

Hahaha. I really hope you're right. Because I'm laughing just imagining a meeting where pioli tells hunt he will save the franchise by hiring josh mcdaniels, and hiring Todd Bowles at dc.

He knew. We all viewed Peyton as the enemy. If pioli is fired, we may have to ask for his autograph just like jamaal Charles.

Bowser
12-31-2012, 10:18 AM

This is a relevant question. I can only assume the answer is yes, even if he doesn't know it yet.

The Franchise
Say goodbye to any up and coming coordinators for HC.

ILChief
Clark to be on petro today

htismaqe

Pioli might just quit.

MahiMike
12-31-2012, 10:19 AM
This will never work. There's no way Pioli backs off no matter what coach comes in here. Clark needs to man up and cut bait. Maybe he can tweet that Pioli has been fired if he's afraid to meet with him.

PhillyChiefFan

Thought this too. Maybe Pioli already DID sign an extention and with the SOC movements and the backlash over the season maybe Hunt was afraid to come and say it...

The Franchise
So, you think Clark Hunt, who "fired" 5 - 8 Haley during last season and then proceeded to allow RC to win 1 ****ing game of like 13 to continue on until alas -- "2 - 14 is enough".

And how the fuck do you know that it wasn't Pioli that talked Clark into firing Haley and hiring Crennel?

Ace Gunner
So no final determination has been made on Pioli yet?

if you believe the lies. If you don't, Pioli is our GM next year.

CaliforniaChief
Hyperbolic much?

I hear you. All I can say is that maybe Clark knew he had to speak today, and that the buyout negotiations with Pioli aren't done yet so he had to make it clear that Clark's running the show to buy time to get it done and start finding a new coach.

htismaqe

Because he's a psychopath, amirite?

notorious
12-31-2012, 10:20 AM
I just don't know how Clark can come out and actually say to the public that a decision on Pioli hasn't been made yet and that not be a damning statement. Wouldn't you think if he was leaning towards keeping him his first words would be more of a vote of confidence for him?

Yep.

Pioli is a goner.

CaliforniaChief
Soren just said that ultimately Pioli's done. Also said that Cowher won't take the job.

the Talking Can
petro said that cowher has no interest in job

and pioli's reputation around the league is shit, no one will work with him...so petro believes he is gone

Jayhawk Chief
Hunt has cut Pioli out of his statement abou the next head coach. This probably means that attorneys are negotiating terms of Pioli's exit.

If true, remember that Pioli denied Haley money Haley was guaranteed under his contract.

htismaqe
if you believe the lies. If you don't, Pioli is our GM next year.

Your and idiot.

OnTheWarpath15

Holy Christ.

The Denver game was a tipping point?

WTF was Clark watching for the last 4 years?

Ace Gunner
12-31-2012, 10:21 AM
And how the **** do you know that it wasn't Pioli that talked Clark into firing Haley and hiring Crennel?

That is exactly what I am saying. If you recall the presser where it was announced, Pioli began the session and did not complete sentences, so Clark completed them for him.

htismaqe
Hunt has cut Pioli out of his statement abou the next head coach. This probably means that attorneys are negotiating terms of Pioli's exit.

If true, remember that Pioli denied Haley money Haley was guaranteed under his contract.

Karma is a bitch.

siberian khatru
Off topic ... I don't know how you guys will settle it, but one of htismaque and CaliforniaChief needs to change his avatar. It's confusing. :D

notorious
Holy Christ.

This.

Wow.

the Talking Can
it seems clear that if fans hadn't raised hell this year, pioli would be back

O.city
Holy Christ.

This.

WTF was he thinking with all the other ass kickings and embarassments.

petegz28
12-31-2012, 10:22 AM
This will never work. There's no way Pioli backs off no matter what coach comes in here. Clark needs to man up and cut bait. Maybe he can tweet that Pioli has been fired if he's afraid to meet with him.

Think of this in terms of business for a second. It is possible that Clark doesn't want to eat whatever it would cost to trash Pioli but on the other hand there is nothing that says he can't strip him of all his power. Ok, so then you are paying him for doing nothing for the most part so why not fire him but I am sure it is not quite that simple.

Anyhow, I can see Clark saying you just sign who we (new coach and me) tell you to sign and shut the fuck up.

Bowser
Petro is convinced Pioli is gone, that it is only a matter of time. Days at the most.

Pretty brazen to be saying that while broadcasting from Arrowhead. Hopefully he knows of what he speaks.

htismaqe
Holy Christ.

Is this really what has it has come to? If he's fired, does it really matter when and why?

dirk digler
Sounds like the HC will decide if Scott stays or not

htismaqe

Yep.

ChiefRocka
Your and idiot.

I have to...for our kid's future's sake...

It's "You're an idiot"

The Franchise

Unfortunately this.

No SOC and none of this happens.

OnTheWarpath15

The fans raised hell, and Clark is still giving Pioli an out by seeing if anyone is willing to work for him.

Chiefs Pantalones
Which head coach would draft Wilson or Smith?

Hammock Parties
12-31-2012, 10:23 AM
If the Denver game changed something, it seems like Clark had a change of heart, and then Denver reminded him of the suck that is Pioli.

DaveNull
Would feel better if the statement had ended with #savingyourchiefs

FloridaMan88
Clark should have a press conference to announce this and allow for questions.

Seems like he's going for his preferred route... release a statement and then do a few one-on-one interviews.

siberian khatru
petro said that cowher has no interest in job

and pioli's reputation around the league is shit, no one will work with him...so petro believes he is gone

Yep, that's all Clark's waiting to see. If Manning was an anomaly. He can't attract big-name talent to KC as long as Pioli is here.

I hope he can still attract big-name talent without Pioli. :(

Hoover
I actually think that is a kiss of death statement for Pioli.

notorious
If the Denver game changed something, it seems like Clark had a change of heart, and then Denver reminded him of the suck that is Pioli.

He was reminded of the tremendous fail known as the Chase for Peyton Manning.

notorious
12-31-2012, 10:24 AM
I actually think that is a kiss of death statement for Pioli.

This.

CaliforniaChief
Maybe he meant the Denver game 2 years ago? :D

DeezNutz
The fans raised hell, and Clark is still giving Pioli an out by seeing if anyone is willing to work for him.

Yep. Yep.

The Bad Guy
Holy Christ.

Valid points, I'm just relaying info.

I can speculate, but I think that if they put up a good fight in Denver, and Pioli didn't present the usual suspects, Pioli might be making the statement today about Romeo.

O.city
So answer me this guys, if you're stripping your GM of the duties he's HIRED and EMPLOYED for, why exactly are you keeping him?

OnTheWarpath15
Is this really what has it has come to? If he's fired, does it really matter when and why?

Yeah, it does matter.

Did you forget what happened here 4 years ago when Clark drug his feet?

AND...

Does anyone here want a HC who IS willing to work with Pioli?

We better pray to Christ Almighty that Clark gets a clue, and quickly.

htismaqe

It's "You're an idiot"

Haven't been here long, have you?

Genious.

chiefzilla1501
What the ****, Clark? We learned nothing new from the Denver game. We could win that game by 50 and the decision is still painfully ****ing obvious.

I'm going to give hunt a chance on this. In his defense... Even though we hate to hear that business matters, cutting pioli is a very, very expensive decision. And pioli firing Haley, then hiring a hugely incompetent replacement painted him in a corner. I imagine hunt would have liked to have seen pioli finish off his contract. Now he's in a position where he has to extend piolis contract or take a huge haircut.

I dunno. I don't know hunt. All I know is that this year, his public appearances did not strike me as a guy who was happy with his team or pioli. I remember last year at the Haley firing presser, pioli looked like a dog with the tail between his legs.

Reaper16
12-31-2012, 10:25 AM
You will see that the strength of new england drafts is highly correlated with the draft success.

This sounds true prima facie. "New England often had a good draft when they had a good draft."

OnTheWarpath15
So answer me this guys, if you're stripping your GM of the duties he's HIRED and EMPLOYED for, why exactly are you keeping him?

EXACTLY.

petegz28

Well it comes down to what is cheaper? Buying him out or riding him out? Or perhaps pushing him into a resignation?

Setsuna
I understand now. Hunt is the cuckold and Pioli is banging his wife while Hunt cleans up every sunday. Makes sense. Hunt still has that sperm taste in his mouth, just give him time.

Rams Fan
Sounds like Hunt is doing the opposite of what Irsay did, which was letting the GM determine the HC's fate.

If the HC determines Pioli's fate, I'd have to imagine that either the HC will have more say over personnel and that whoever the GM is will have less power.

DeezNutz
No presser today. Not allowing Pioli to take questions.

Definitely going to be fired. Just a matter of time.

Ace Gunner

It's "You're an idiot"

oh gawd...

ChiefRocka
Haven't been here long, have you?

Genious.

nope

The Franchise
12-31-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah, it does matter.

Did you forget what happened here 4 years ago when Clark drug his feet?

AND...

Does anyone here want a HC who IS willing to work with Pioli?

We better pray to Christ Almighty that Clark gets a clue, and quickly.

Maybe it's a subtle dig at Pioli? He has to know that no coach, outside of the tree, will work with him. Clark knows that he can't bring in McDaniels either.