ILChief
01-01-2013, 10:17 AM
kiss that green rep good bye :)

BigMeatballDave
:facepalm:

Pasta Little Brioni
Dumbest comparison of all-time. Do tell Como, how do they compare exactly? Should be easy for you to break this down.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 10:18 AM
rep color should red anyways.....neg rep should be Raiders black.

ILChief
01-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Dumbest comparison of all-time. Do tell Como, how do they compare exactly? Should be easy for you to break this down.

well they have the same last name

BigMeatballDave
The good news is, now that he has said this, Geno is definitely worth a #1 pick.

DaKCMan AP
The good news is, now that he has said this, Geno is definitely worth a #1 round.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Anti Geno

Como
Knowmo
Blackboob
scores of troll n00bs, mults, and truefans

Pro-Geno

Scott Wright
The most knowledgeable football posters on this site

BigRedChief
01-01-2013, 10:25 AM
WTF dude, you got a bad hangover or something?

Crush
01-01-2013, 10:25 AM
You're right. You're so fucking right that it is scary. Your logic is impeccable. The evidence that you have presented unequivocally proves your position is the correct one.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm not necessarily anti-Geno.....I just don't think he's worth the 1st overall pick.

DeezNutz
01-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Title of thread should be: Herp. OP should be: derp.

ChiTown
01-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Just take a 1st rd QB.. At this point, that would be serious progress for this shit Organization.

Crush
01-01-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm not necessarily anti-Geno.....I just don't think he's worth the 1st overall pick.

Yet you believe a 3-4 ILB is worthy of the 1st overall pick.

Scorp
01-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Nobody does right now. Wait until after the combine, it will change.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 10:31 AM
He'll be sitting alone in a near empty Arrowhead sporting a mullet and a Teo jersey.

rabblerouser
01-01-2013, 10:32 AM
You're right. You're so ****ing right that it is scary.

Yeah, Geno looked like fucking dogshit on Sat.

But he's probably the best QB in the draft, so you burn a 1st rounder. You HAVE to. This franchise HAS to draft a 1st rd QB. Even if he goes belly-up and busts...

If I were the incoming GM, I'd sign Alex Smith, trade for Matt Flynn, AND draft Geno...and open up an honest QB competition in camp.

And let the actual best person do the job...

Crush
01-01-2013, 10:34 AM

But he's probably the best QB in the draft, so you burn a 1st rounder. You HAVE to. This franchise HAS to draft a 1st rd QB. Even if he goes belly-up and busts...

If I were the incoming GM, I'd sign Alex Smith, trade for Matt Flynn, AND draft Geno...and open up an honest QB competition in camp.

You realize that I was being sarcastic right? I'm fully on the Geno bandwagon. I do agree with you that we need 3 new QBs.

Rasputin
01-01-2013, 10:40 AM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/KCTattoo58/eOAo9_zps105d6b3a.gif

L.A. Chieffan
01-01-2013, 10:43 AM
I was thinking more like David Carr or Joey Harrington

Maybe even Akili Smith, but I don't want everybody to call me a racist.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Poor man's Campbell or Leftwich....or Culpepper. All relevant.

rabblerouser
01-01-2013, 10:49 AM

racist.

Infidel Goat
01-01-2013, 10:49 AM
On what was probably Geno's third worst game of the season, he went 16/24 for 197 yards and 2 TDs with 0 INTs.

He wasn't quite as accurate as usual and didn't have much success downfield (in part because of Syracuse's pass rush), but he still made very few mistakes.

Given more time to pass and what we've seen of his downfield accuracy in other games, I'm still fully aboard the Geno wagon.

CoMoChief
01-01-2013, 10:50 AM

Jason Campbell actually is the perfect comparison to Geno Smith....race and all other things considered of course.

rabblerouser
01-01-2013, 10:51 AM
I do agree with you that we need 3 new QBs.

Aling with a couple Safities, a CB, nickel back, an ILB, some DEs, an O-line, WRs and backup RB.

Prolly a TE too, depending on Boss.

rabblerouser
01-01-2013, 10:52 AM
On what was probably Geno's third worst game of the season, he went 16/24 for 197 yards and 2 TDs with 0 INTs.

He wasn't quite as accurate as usual and didn't have much success downfield (in part because of Syracuse's pass rush), but he still made very few mistakes.

Given more time to pass and what we've seen of his downfield accuracy in other games, I'm still fully aboard the Geno wagon.

Are you saying that Geno grades out perfectly??

Dave Lane
01-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Yet you believe a 3-4 ILB is worthy of the 1st overall pick.

Nobody does stupid like Como, nobody.

As a matter of fact one time he agreed with something I agreed with and I had to re-think the entire concept. That is the power of Como.

Did I mention thats just one letter from Homo? NTAWWT

rabblerouser
01-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Jason Campbell actually is the perfect comparison to Geno Smith....race and all other things considered of course.

I'll bite - he even looks a bit like Campbell, in their throwing motion and pocket presence.

Real similar QBs, when you mention it.

notorious
01-01-2013, 10:54 AM

Campbell might be a decent comparison.

Dave Lane
01-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Anti Geno

Como
Knowmo
Blackboob
scores of troll n00bs, mults, and truefans

Pro-Geno

Scott Wright
The most knowledgeable football posters on this site

What ever happened to Blackboob? Banned shamed and shunned or???

rabblerouser
01-01-2013, 11:05 AM

Probably rehashing old childhood horrors...

Reliving his nightmare on a daily basis.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Campbell might be a decent comparison.

Oh no you didn't....

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Probably rehashing old childhood horrors...

Reliving his nightmare on a daily basis.

ROFL

hometeam
01-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Yeah, Geno looked like ****ing dogshit on Sat.

If dogshit is a 163 rating in a blizzard and being tripped in the endzone I am in.

TribalElder
01-01-2013, 12:59 PM
What does it mean

Ram families bring their house to the tree?

What the fuck is that about

Bowser
01-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Lol.

Come on CoMo, you can't make a statement like that and not say who your pick would be.

If you say Manti Te'o, we are all going to murder your soul.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Lol.

Come on CoMo, you can't make a statement like that and not say who your pick would be.

Too late. Soul murdered too.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268314

mnchiefsguy
01-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Lol.

He already did say Manti Te`o in his other stupid thread.

mdchiefsfan
01-01-2013, 01:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wsPOP.gif

Death2CasselFans
01-01-2013, 01:11 PM
http://www.mockdrafthq.com/wp-content/plugins/php-image-cache/image.php?path=/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/geno-smith-west-virginia-meme.jpeg

Setsuna
01-01-2013, 01:20 PM
You have now gone full retard. You about to get got :#

Infidel Goat
01-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Jason Campbell threw for 45 TDs and 25 INTs during his college career.

Geno only threw for three fewer TDs in this year alone while keeping his INTs at 6 for the year.

Do you want Geno's college career stats? 98 TDs with only 21 INTs.

Yep. Great comparison...

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 01:23 PM

Got tired of all the abuse he got. Realized that we enjoyed calling him "dumbass" far more than he enjoyed trolling.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Yeah, that's ALMOST as bad as Slowmo's comparison to Leftwich....almost.

Setsuna
01-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Give him credit. He didn't compare him to another black QB. He did Alex Smith first.

Tombstone RJ
there still a lot of stuff to learn about these QBs before the draft. The combine will also be very telling, that is, can these QBs make all the throws, etc. As of now, I kind of agree in that I don't see Geno as a #1 QB draft pick, but then again, what choice does kc really have?

Baby Lee
I can respect the 'Geno has demonstrated the skill set to justify a #1 pick' take.

Less so the 'just get a QB already, if he fails just try again' crowd.

Buckweath
01-01-2013, 01:28 PM
I can respect the 'Geno has demonstrated the skill set to justify a #1 pick' take.

This league is all about trying to find an elite QB.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 01:29 PM

The justification behind the latter stance is firmly rooted in solid logic. The new CBA renders the old "drafting the wrong QB sets your franchise back years" idea completely obsolete.

Geno has demonstrated the skill set AND if he fails, just try again.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 01:29 PM
there still a lot of stuff to learn about these QBs before the draft. The combine will also be very telling, that is, can these QBs make all the throws, etc. As of now, I kind of agree in that I don't see Geno as a #1 QB draft pick, but then again, what choice does kc really have?

MANTI!!!

Bowser
01-01-2013, 01:30 PM

None, really.

The combine is a double edged sword. For some reason, the national media has taken to stats as the contributing factor as to how a player plays. Some guy swill rise tremendously due to great workouts, and others will fall becasue of them. I'm of the belief that you have to trust what you see on the game tape over what they show working out in gym shorts.

Case in point - Jared Allen only benched 225 like 14 times, or some such low-ish number at the combine. Show me a team that wouldn't want him on their roster today.

Baby Lee
01-01-2013, 01:31 PM
This league is all about trying to find an elite QB.

That effort goes beyond 'are you a QB and are you declaring yourself draft eligible?'

Due diligence is ALWAYS owed to determine

1. Is this guy set up to be a success
2. Is he better than any other QB available to our organization
3. Is he better than all other draft picks.

kingme20
01-01-2013, 01:32 PM
I would say sam bradford

notorious
01-01-2013, 01:32 PM
The combine will work a lot of this bullshit out.

Buckweath
01-01-2013, 01:40 PM
That effort goes beyond 'are you a QB and are you declaring yourself draft eligible?'

Brilliant!!

Gonzo
01-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Geno is a 1st round QB. I have no doubt in my mind. He will be a damn good NFL QB if not top tier.
We have a 1st round selection and I don't care what position it is, 1st overall, 10th or 32nd. If you have the opportunity to grab him, you fucking take it.

If he ends up being dogshit, fine. Do it again and again until you get it right. Don't get gunshy, (like this franchise did after Blackledge) because that's how you win in this league, (unless you luck out and get a Manning via FA because he wants to bump peni with Elway).

See:
Packers
Giants
Redskins
Ravens
49ers
Etc. etc. etc.

Setsuna
01-01-2013, 01:42 PM
MANTI!!!

You'll change your tune once Yeldon and Lacey run him over. Geno is worth any pick in any round but it's whoever gets him first, might as well with the first overall pick or the Jags might do it or trade down so someone else can do it.

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 01:46 PM

In Geno's case:

1. Yes
2. Are you fucking shitting me? Yes.
3. Yes

Looks like a winner.

And I would say that Tyler Wilson is a "yes" to all three questions as well

Baby Lee
01-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Geno is a 1st round QB. I have no doubt in my mind. He will be a damn good NFL QB if not top tier.
We have a 1st round selection and I don't care what position it is, 1st overall, 10th or 32nd. If you have the opportunity to grab him, you fucking take it.

If he ends up being dogshit, fine. Do it again and again until you get it right. Don't get gunshy, (like this franchise did after Blackledge) because that's how you win in this league, (unless you luck out and get a Manning via FA because he wants to bump peni with Elway).

See:
Packers
Giants
Redskins
Ravens
49ers
Etc. etc. etc.

See, for me those two statements fail the smell test.

This widget is EXACTLY what you need, I unequivocally guarantee it.

What if it isn't?

Oh well, then go get something else.

Setsuna
01-01-2013, 01:56 PM
See, for me those two statements fail the smell test.

This widget is EXACTLY what you need, I unequivocally guarantee it.

What if it isn't?

Oh well, then go get something else.

Baby Lee, that dude you had for your previous avatar is more attractive than that female. But as MANY have mentioned, just draft 2 QBs. What is the big deal? There aren't any Von Millers, Aldon Smiths, Patrick Petersons, Janoris Jenkins, Joe Hadens, JJ Watts, Derek Wolfes, Rob Gronkowskis, Jimmy Grahams in this draft. QB or bust man.

B_Ambuehl
01-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Agree with the OP. Geno might be a first rounder but hes not #1 pick caliber. It makes me wonder how many people around here actually watch complete games and not just highlights. Someone should put togther a Geno Smith lowlight package (Clay?) and that would erase all doubt. He doesnt have the processing ability characteristic of top flight QBs. This team would be better off with Barkley, Flynn, or Kirk Cousins, all who could be had with something other than the #1 pick in the draft.

Of course with Pioli still at the helm it doesnt really matter as he'll fuck it all up anyway, but just sayin'.

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Baby Lee, that dude you had for your previous avatar is more attractive than that female. But as MANY have mentioned, just draft 2 QBs. What is the big deal? There aren't any Von Millers, Aldon Smiths, Patrick Petersons, Janoris Jenkins, Joe Hadens, JJ Watts, Derek Wolfes, Rob Gronkowskis, Jimmy Grahams in this draft. QB or bust man.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that there are Aldon Smiths, Patrick Petersons, Janoris Jenkins, Joe Hadens, JJ Watts, Derek Wolfes, Rob Gronkowskis, Jimmy Grahams in this draft.

Barkevious Mingo = Aldon Smith
Pat Peterson = Dee Milliner
JJ Watt = Sheldon Richardson
Rob Gronkowski = Tyler Eifert

Those are actually pretty close comparisons IMO in both size and playing style and college performance.

However, there isn't a QB of Geno Smith's level and ceiling in this draft.

You draft the QB.

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Agree with the OP. Geno might be a first rounder but hes not #1 pick caliber. It makes me wonder how many people around here actually watch complete games and not just highlights. Someone should put togther a Geno Smith lowlight package (Clay?) and that would erase all doubt. He doesnt have the processing ability characteristic of top flight QBs. This team would be better off with Barkley, Flynn, or Kirk Cousins, all who could be had with something other than the #1 pick in the draft.

Of course with Pioli still at the helm it doesnt really matter as he'll **** it all up anyway, but just sayin'.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Don't you have to go clean out the commodes in Foxboro today or something?

58-4ever
01-01-2013, 02:15 PM

I agree with QB or bust, but there are a few elite players in this draft. Way too much speculation before the combine and end of bowl season.

Setsuna
01-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure that there are

Those are actually pretty close comparisons IMO in both size and playing style and college performance.

You draft the QB.
I admit I only know of Mingo and Richardson. I suppose they have the potential. But having the look isn't enough.

Bowser

Of course with Pioli still at the helm it doesnt really matter as he'll fuck it all up anyway, but just sayin'.

Why, why, WHY are the fans of this team so absolutely petrified of developing a quarterback of their own? Afaid we might have a couple of "down years"?

RealSNR
Someone should put together a lowlight video of every college QB so we don't have to draft a QB!

Pfew! That was scary! We almost had to take a risk on something!

58-4ever
Actually, I'm pretty sure that there are

You draft the QB.

Beat me to it. Good post.

B_Ambuehl
01-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me?

Don't you have to go clean out the commodes in Foxboro today or something?

I don't know who you have me confused with but:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200220

and

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203348

He threw to a 2nd option exactly twice that entire video. Playing out of the spread with that offensive line and those receivers creating space and running with the football after the catch makes him look decent, but I don't think I've seen someone consistently stare down an initial read so hard. He's not gonna be able to get away with that to the same degree on this ball club.

How wrong I was. :) Yall wanted the ****er(s), now it appears you're stuck with the worst of the worst. hahaha

chop
01-01-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure that Geno Smith is worthy of the #1 pick but I do remember people saying similar stuff about RGIII last year. Many people thought RGIII was going to drop to the Chiefs pick at this time last year. The closer the draft got the higher RGIII was rated. I'm not saying that Geno is going to move up the same as RGIII but there may be another QB that everyone falls in love with later.

DomerNKC
01-01-2013, 02:19 PM

dont forget he puked all over himself and caused his team to suffer two, count them TWO safetys in one game! The biggest game of his career and he laid an egg against the MIGHTY SYRACUSE and their incredible 8-5 record. National powerhouse team. Lets go jump on a guy that folds in the sight of a big game. Hell going 5-0 to start the season created enough pressure to push him to a 2-5 finish. At least his defense could be blamed for a lot of that flame out. His collapse in the bowl game was proof of HIS ineptitude. We need to pass on geno "joey harrington" smith. He would be worth the third round pick he is worthy of because he has upside and with some seasoning could be a decent backup. Of course he will probably throw a grapefruit 80 yards from his knees during private workouts and people will go crazy like they
did with jamarcus. Geno #1 overall is a flipping joke. I have no clue who should be #1 at this point, but geno isnt it.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Ambuehl not being on our side is a bonus guys. He's Como Jr.

SAUTO
01-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Jamarcus didn't throw a grapefruit 80 yards from his knees.

What about Geno reminds you of Harrington?

did teo ever make a mistake this year?

Miss a tackle? Flow himself out of a play? Trip and fall down?

Yes on all. Fuck him e can't draft a player that ever made a mistake
Posted via Mobile Device

B_Ambuehl
01-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Why, why, WHY are the fans of this team so absolutely petrified of developing a quarterback of their own? Afaid we might have a couple of "down years"?

There are better ways of managing the draft that could get you a QB without spending the #1 pick on one who isn't worth it.

Bowser
01-01-2013, 02:26 PM
dont forget he puked all over himself and caused his team to suffer two, count them TWO safetys in one game! The biggest game of his career and he laid an egg against the MIGHTY SYRACUSE and their incredible 8-5 record. National powerhouse team. Lets go jump on a guy that folds in the sight of a big game. Hell going 5-0 to start the season created enough pressure to push him to a 2-5 finish. At least his defense could be blamed for a lot of that flame out. His collapse in the bowl game was proof of HIS ineptitude. We need to pass on geno "joey harrington" smith. He would be worth the third round pick he is worthy of because he has upside and with some seasoning could be a decent backup. Of course he will probably throw a grapefruit 80 yards from his knees during private workouts and people will go crazy like they
did with jamarcus. Geno #1 overall is a flipping joke. I have no clue who should be #1 at this point, but geno isnt it.

Yeah, let's blame Geno for shitty playcalling, playing in a blizzard, and having one of the worst defenses in the country.

He doesn't have the national pull that Luck and RGIII did. Must not be worthy of the top pick. Brilliant.

I guess you missed where Geno went to Norman and put up 49 on the Sooners in their house?

SAUTO
01-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Domer has been to busy giving dome to know what a qb looks like.

Please don't berate me now Burt, sorry if I hurt bubby's feelings
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
01-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Yeah, let's blame Geno for shitty playcalling, playing in a blizzard, and having one of the worst defenses in the country.

He doesn't have the national pull that Luck and RGIII did. Must not be worthy of the top pick. Brilliant.

I guess you missed where Geno went to Norman and put up 49 on the Sooners in their house?
But he gave up that last score and caused the loss...

Undraftable
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
01-01-2013, 02:28 PM
There are better ways of managing the draft that could get you a QB without spending the #1 pick on one who isn't worth it.

Your way of "managing the draft" would net us a quarterback that has a lower ceiling than Geno. Pass.

Just for shits and giggles, who IS worth the #1 pick this year?

Baby Lee
01-01-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm not sure that Geno Smith is worthy of the #1 pick but I do remember people saying similar stuff about RGIII last year. Many people thought RGIII was going to drop to the Chiefs pick at this time last year. The closer the draft got the higher RGIII was rated. I'm not saying that Geno is going to move up the same as RGIII but there may be another QB that everyone falls in love with later.

Why do people continue to propagate this revisionist history.

Luck and RGIII were never anything but 1&2 in the draft. The only commotion was 'sure Luck is a can't miss, once in a generation, no brainer, franchise QB, but is it possible that RGIII is JUST AS GOOD, . . . or BETTER?'

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 02:33 PM

And this is the stupid thing.

Geno has three years of starting game tape. He's played against top level defenses that featured NFL first rounders.

The Texas and OU games alone should be enough, let alone games like LSU or the Orange Bowl the year before.

Like the combine is going to change anything that Geno has done to this point in his career. Like a single post season All-Star game with three days of practice is going to mean anything.

Hell, Cam Newton threw the ugliest, most inaccurate balls I've ever seen in a structured setting at his combine and he went #1 overall and was NFL rookie of the year.

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 02:36 PM

Sure there is, but Geno Smith is so worth it.

Ideal size, superb accuracy, doesn't put the ball into the defenses hands, excellent pocket awareness, near perfect release that is exceptionally fast, good athletic ability, very good arm, etc.

Tell me why Geno isn't worth the first pick and then tell me who you think is worth the #1 overall pick if Geno isn't. Please. Pretty please.

Crush
01-01-2013, 02:38 PM

Luck and RGIII were never anything but 1&2 in the draft. The only commotion was 'sure Luck is a can't miss, once in a generation, no brainer, franchise QB, but is it possible that RGIII is JUST AS GOOD, . . . or BETTER?'

Kiper had RGIII at no. 19 before the combine. Another truefan myth shot down.

http:// http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/35949/rg3-debuts-on-mel-kipers-big-board (http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/35949/rg3-debuts-on-mel-kipers-big-board)

KC native
01-01-2013, 02:39 PM

That settles it. Geno is worth the #1 pick.

SAUTO
01-01-2013, 02:39 PM

Are you serious?

At this point they were 1 2.

A couple Weeks prior it wasn't such a sure thug
Posted via Mobile Device

Crush
01-01-2013, 02:43 PM

You are so fucking stupid that it makes my head hurt. Last year's Orange Bowl was the biggest game of his career.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 02:44 PM

RG3 wasn't #2 until AFTER THE COMBINE.

As someone already showed, Kiper had him 19th.

McShay had him THIRTY FIRST at this time last year.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 02:45 PM

Wow, just wow. When did you become a True Fan?

mdstu
01-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Hopefully we can add this prediction to this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221449&highlight=CoMoChief

Molitoth
01-01-2013, 02:47 PM
So far I haven't read any legit argument as to why we shouldn't draft geno.

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 02:49 PM
So far I haven't read any legit argument as to why we shouldn't draft geno.

Exactly.

Not one fucking legitimate argument.

You ask these dipshits to provide it and then ask them to suggest who they think is worth the #1 if Geno isn't and they sink back into the slime pits from whence they came.

TimeForWasp
01-01-2013, 02:51 PM

Geno only threw for three fewer TDs in this year alone while keeping his INTs at 6 for the year.

Yep. Great comparison...

I wasn't impressed with Geno Saturday, but those stats are impressive. I have seen very little of his play and have been getting excited over him just from reports of people here.

Those stats speak for themselves though.

tk13
01-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Baby Lee is right... at this time last year in most fans eyes RGIII was clearly number 2, and some people liked him better than Luck. I don't know why people keep saying differently. I really don't care what McShay had to say.

I don't think Geno is either of those guys. It infuriates people to say this for some reason... but I don't think he was quite as sharp once the Heisman spotlight went on him and teams started preparing for him better. That said, when he's on his accuracy is tremendous. Absolutely tremendous A+ top shelf. For that reason alone he's worth a high draft pick.

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 02:57 PM
I wasn't impressed with Geno Saturday, but those stats are impressive. I have seen very little of his play and have been getting excited over him just from reports of people here.

Those stats speak for themselves though.

How about comparing Geno's career stats to the last two high profile three year starters at the QB position:

Geno Smith (career):

985/1461
67.4% completion
11,658 yards
8.0 ypa
98 TDs
21 Ints
153.7 QB rating

Andrew Luck (career):

713/1064
67.0% completion
9430 yards
8.9 ypa
82 TDs
22 Ints
162.8 rating

Robert Griffin (career)

800/1192
67.1% completion
10,366 yards
8.7 ypa
78 TDs
17 Ints
158.9 rating

CanadaKC
01-01-2013, 02:59 PM
My thought not to draft Geno Smith at number one isn't about Geno, but more about the player that we will bypass to draft him...and I don't want us to let him go. Star Lotulelei is above Geno Smith at his position. He's more of a game changer. I can handle rolling the dice with our high 2nd round pick on a QB, because I, like many, think that's the place in this particular draft to draft a QB. Maybe we can even move up and pick in the middle of the first round and pick Geno there. Can you imagine Star AND Geno? I can.

Baby Lee
01-01-2013, 02:59 PM
WTF, we're paying attention to what the hairdo says all of the sudden?

Kiper's never right about anything.

B_Ambuehl
01-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Sure there is, but Geno Smith is so worth it.

Ideal size, superb accuracy, doesn't put the ball into the defenses hands, excellent pocket awareness, near perfect release that is exceptionally fast, good athletic ability, very good arm, etc.

Tell me why Geno isn't worth the first pick and then tell me who you think is worth the #1 overall pick if Geno isn't. Please. Pretty please.

I already told you. I don't like the way he processes information. The gap between what he sees and how he reacts is too long and he's prone to shitting the bed under pressure. If someone were to put together a lowlight reel of him you'd clearly see this. I said the same thing about Quinn when he came out of college and everyone had him as a surefire NFL star. The hallmark of a QB isn't their arm, accuracy, leadership, or size. It's how they process and see information under pressure.

There any number of defenders with superior upside. The team does need a QB in the worst way. No argument here, but you have an entire draft to get one and if Andy Reid is head coach he'll definitely find one.

RINGLEADER
01-01-2013, 03:01 PM

Akili Smith is an example of over-reaching for a position of need and having it blow up in your face. I think Geno would be far better than Akili, but you don't know if he'll be a world-beater or not until he gets in a system and plays. That's why I think Bruce Ariens would be a fantastic fit -- he develops around the QB position and does it with coaching that fits the strengths of the signal-caller.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Baby Lee is right... at this time last year in most fans eyes RGIII was clearly number 2, and some people liked him better than Luck. I don't know why people keep saying differently. I really don't care what McShay had to say.

I don't think Geno is either of those guys. It infuriates people to say this for some reason... but I don't think he was quite as sharp once the Heisman spotlight went on him and teams started preparing for him better. That said, when he's on his accuracy is tremendous. Absolutely tremendous A+ top shelf. For that reason alone he's worth a high draft pick.

At this time last year, I would bet people here has seen TEN TIMES the number of games of Robert Griffin than they have of Geno now.

This fanbase knew RG3 MUCH BETTER because he played in the Big 12.

So at the end of the day, the only objective comparison is to look at what guys like Kiper and McShay had to say. On their boards, he was NOT 2. He wasn't even TEN.

As for the "infuriates" comment, nobody gets infuriated when you put up a legit criticism like you just did there. What is infuriating is people repeating misinformation over and over.

Crush
01-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Geno, Barkley, Wilson, and Bray will be gone by no. 10. You have to take a QB at no. 1.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 03:03 PM
I already told you. I don't like the way he processes information. The gap between what he sees and how he reacts is too long and he's prone to shitting the bed under pressure. If someone were to put together a lowlight reel of him you'd clearly see this. I said the same thing about Quinn when he came out of college and everyone had him as a surefire NFL star. The hallmark of a QB isn't their arm, accuracy, leadership, or size. It's how they process and see information under pressure.

There any number of defenders with superior upside. The team does need a QB in the worst way. No argument here, but you have an entire draft to get one and if Andy Reid is head coach he'll definitely find one.

Yeah, Andy Reid found so many QBs in Philly. :rolleyes:

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 03:05 PM
My thought not to draft Geno Smith at number one isn't about Geno, but more about the player that we will bypass to draft him...and I don't want us to let him go. Star Lotulelei is above Geno Smith at his position. He's more of a game changer. I can handle rolling the dice with our high 2nd round pick on a QB, because I, like many, think that's the place in this particular draft to draft a QB. Maybe we can even move up and pick in the middle of the first round and pick Geno there. Can you imagine Star AND Geno? I can.

Star is not better than Geno at his position.

You could even make a legitimate arguement that Ohio State's John Hankins is a better prospect at the same position as Starlite.

Star is dominant in one on one situations, but he's not an upfield penetrating type of defensive tackle in the mold of Glenn Dorsey or Ndamukong Suh. He'll hold a gap like a mofo though as he absolutely demands a double team. He will get frustrated and nullified by doubles though if there is a talented guard/center opposite him - something that he'll see every single game in the NFL. He's a very solid prospect and will end up being a very good NT in either a 34 or 43, but he's not an end (John Hankins is a bit more explosive than Lotulelei and fits that better though neither one is ideal in length for a five tech).

And, for the record, I've watched nearly every single game Star has played in in his career.

tk13
01-01-2013, 03:06 PM
I don't know, I took on quite a bit of rage a few weeks ago suggesting that. He kind of fell off the Heisman train. Still though, I don't even need to see stats... college stats can be wonky anyway. Geno played this year in a conference that didn't play a lick of D against each other.

Either way, his accuracy is tremendous. I don't know why people keep comparing him to Luck, or Rodgers, or anyone. He's his own guy. Luck is a robot built to play QB, just flawless, and RGIII's athleticism is about 14 out of 10. But Geno has accuracy. When he's cooking he puts the ball on the money every time. He doesn't have to learn that. He just needs to be put in a position where he can succeed.

RINGLEADER
01-01-2013, 03:09 PM

Some valid statements, though I think accuracy is more important than you do. Especially for the Chiefs. Teams stacked defenses because they knew we'd only go deep 1-2 times a game (if at all) because our game plans never asked that from our QBs because none of them could make the deep (defined as 15+ yards) throws. So they would play single-safety sets and 9 guys at the line knowing that even if their LBs had to drop into coverage they wouldn't have to drop far. Bringing someone like Geno in to exploit this kind of defense would make the Chiefs much more dynamic in all phases of the game. You want to protect against Geno's deeper throws and Jamaal Charles is going to eat you alive. Play against the run and I have no doubt that Geno could put the ball where it needs to be over the LBs.

Baby Lee
01-01-2013, 03:12 PM
At this time last year, I would bet people here has seen TEN TIMES the number of games of Robert Griffin than they have of Geno now.

So at the end of the day, the only objective comparison is to look at what guys like Kiper and McShay had to say. On their boards, he was NOT 2. He wasn't even TEN.

As for the "infuriates" comment, nobody gets infuriated when you put up a legit criticism like you just did there. What is infuriating is people repeating misinformation over and over.

WTF is this notion of an 'objective comparison?'

One side is skeptical of how convinced some are that Geno 'absolutely cannot miss, . . . .but if he does no big deal.'

Those convinced rebut with 'yeah, well people weren't sold on RGIII last year.'

'Yeah we were.'

'Well Kiper wasn't, and you don't count because you saw lots and lots of RGIII'

AGAIN, FTR, I'm not anti-Geno. I'm anti-failure to perform due diligence and cruise into the draft with this 'he's gonna be great, everyone else sucks, and it doesn't matter if he's a total bust because it's the gamble we HAVE TO take' attitude. That's just begging for him to be the next Akili Carr-Leaf.

TribalElder
01-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Anyone watching the capital one bowl?

Murray is having a pretty good game

Crush
01-01-2013, 03:17 PM

One side is skeptical of how convinced some are that Geno 'absolutely cannot miss, . . . .but if he does no big deal.'

'Yeah we were.'

AGAIN, FTR, I'm not anti-Geno. I'm anti-failure to perform due diligence and cruise into the draft with this 'he's gonna be great, everyone else sucks, and it doesn't matter if he's a total bust because it's the gamble we HAVE TO take' attitude. That's just begging for him to be the next Akili Carr-Leaf.

Then you clamor for Wilson, Barkley, or Bray. The QB is the most important position on the field and has to be the pick at no. 1.

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 03:17 PM
I already told you. I don't like the way he processes information. The gap between what he sees and how he reacts is too long and he's prone to shitting the bed under pressure.

Really?

What is this shitting the bed you speak of? His 71.4% completion percentage this season? The six interceptions against 40 touchdowns?

Because, if you took the time to watch the games from this season alone, you'll see that he goes through his progressions quickly, can look off a safety easily and makes exceptionally good decisions with the ball.

If someone were to put together a lowlight reel of him you'd clearly see this.

You go right ahead. And, for the record, I'm sure you could do the same and have a lot more opportunities for inclusions in such a video with every single QB that this draft has to offer. In fact, you could do the same with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. You could do that with every player in the draft at their respective positions.

In fact, it's Geno's decision making process that is one of the things I like about him. He makes good decisions with the ball and doesn't put it into the defenses hands.

I said the same thing about Quinn when he came out of college and everyone had him as a surefire NFL star. The hallmark of a QB isn't their arm, accuracy, leadership, or size. It's how they process and see information under pressure.

It's all a part of the deal. And I think you are absolutely wrong on this about Geno. Try these on for size from this past year, where he's on the road against top 20 teams with very good defenses and tell me if that's a QB shitting down his leg or a QB that is processing information quickly and making good decisions with that information in a very timely maner and making plays with that information:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fAOMUjoTOyI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LZCPd5u6f3c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There any number of defenders with superior upside.

Who?

The team does need a QB in the worst way. No argument here, but you have an entire draft to get one and if Andy Reid is head coach he'll definitely find one.

And which QB do you see has that upside once you get out of the first round guys? Seriously.

Crush
01-01-2013, 03:20 PM

Another D-Lineman? Geno, Wilson, Bray, and Barkley will be gone by no. 10. You have to pick QB.

RINGLEADER
01-01-2013, 03:23 PM
That's just begging for him to be the next Akili Carr-Leaf.

None of those three put up the kind of completion percentages that Geno has. Carr came close in his senior year (which he was only able to approach duplicating one year in the pros), but I think the stats show that Smith is better than any of those three.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Either way, his accuracy is tremendous. I don't know why people keep comparing him to Luck, or Rodgers, or anyone. He's his own guy. Luck is a robot built to play QB, just flawless, and RGIII's athleticism is about 14 out of 10. But Geno has accuracy. When he's cooking he puts the ball on the money every time. He doesn't have to learn that. He just needs to be put in a position where he can succeed.

Why?

Because that's the #1 argument you hear about him on the radio and elsewhere on the net - "he's no Andrew Luck!"

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 03:27 PM

'Yeah we were.'

Again, many HERE were completely sold on RG3 this time last year, even though many of the pundits weren't. Why? Because they had seen him play. A LOT.

Many of those same people are saying "Geno Smith isn't RG3" haven't seen Geno play even HALF the number of times they saw RG3.

Don't want me to call it objective comparison, fine. I'll call it ignorance instead.

SAUTO
01-01-2013, 03:27 PM
I don't know, I took on quite a bit of rage a few weeks ago suggesting that. He kind of fell off the Heisman train. Still though, I don't even need to see stats... college stats can be wonky anyway. Geno played this year in a conference that didn't play a lick of D against each other.

RG3 played in the same conference last year.

They put up very similar numbers
Posted via Mobile Device

alnorth
01-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Given everyone's near-mythical vision of a #1 overall draft pick player, no one is worth the 1st overall pick.

Since no one is worth the #1 overall pick, and since the good QB prospects will be gone in the 1st round, we should draft Geno.

Cmd'r&Chief
01-01-2013, 03:32 PM

Sounds like a lot of wasted cap space...I'd agree with picking up Flynn as a back up plan...who knows, maybe it would push Flynn to play even better then he has...who wants to be shown up twice by a rookie quarterback? It would make for great competition

CanadaKC
01-01-2013, 03:34 PM
about Star...from scouts.com

Drawing comparisons to Ravens stud defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, Lotulelei has the potential to be the top defensive tackle selected in April and even the top overall pick. As a first-team All-Pac-12 selection in 2011 and 2012, Lotulelei has had a strong season this year even if double and triple teams prevents him from putting up eye-popping stats

Cmd'r&Chief
01-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Again, many HERE were completely sold on RG3 this time last year, even though many of the pundits weren't. Why? Because they had seen him play. A LOT.

Many of those same people are saying "Geno Smith isn't RG3" haven't seen Geno play even HALF the number of times they saw RG3.

Don't want me to call it objective comparison, fine. I'll call it ignorance instead.

This

RINGLEADER
01-01-2013, 03:39 PM
That video against Texas (which was bringing pressure on a lot of the plays) you'll find a handful of bad throws, for sure, but you'll also see a guy sticking the ball where it needs to be in short, medium, and long routes.

People need to stop comparing him to Luck or RG3 and see that he would be an incredible upgrade over what we've had the past four years. With our running attack, I think he'd have a lot of success very early.

boogblaster
01-01-2013, 03:43 PM
natural ability is there .. NFL ability I question .....

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Given everyone's near-mythical vision of a #1 overall draft pick player, no one is worth the 1st overall pick.

Since no one is worth the #1 overall pick, and since the good QB prospects will be gone in the 1st round, we should draft Geno.

This.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 03:49 PM
about Star...from scouts.com

Drawing comparisons to Ravens stud defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, Lotulelei has the potential to be the top defensive tackle selected in April and even the top overall pick. As a first-team All-Pac-12 selection in 2011 and 2012, Lotulelei has had a strong season this year even if double and triple teams prevents him from putting up eye-popping stats

Yeah, we need another defensive linemen. Maybe we can bring back Pioli and Cassel too while we are at it.

Kidd Lex
01-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Watching the game tape there is zero question, Geno Smith should be our QB in 2013.

Simplicity
01-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Kids and their stupid logic. GTFO CoMo.

MotherfuckerJones
01-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Ya Geno Smith is Alex Smith...NOT! haha. Geno has a fucking terrible defense that always forces Geno to try and carry the team

Cmd'r&Chief
01-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Watching the game tape there is zero question, Geno Smith should be our QB in 2013.

He's made some pretty shitty throws...but he's made some tight throws too. Either you have talent, or you don't. Mean Geno Smith has talent. The little mistakes he's made can be corrected through proper coaching and experience.

philfree
01-01-2013, 05:59 PM
I think this is a fair article.

QB class wide open after Smith's slip-ups in Pinstripe Bowl

By Rob Rang | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com
December 29, 2012 8:38 pm ET

A disappointing performance in Saturday's Pinstripe Bowl from West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith will drop his NFL draft stock and trigger a race between a group of rather underwhelming candidates to be the first passer selected in the 2013 NFL draft.

Smith, playing Syracuse for the first time since a humbling upset loss to the Orangemen in October 2011, was sacked for one safety and drew a flag for intentional grounding for another in a 38-14 loss on the snow-covered turf of Yankee Stadium.

Smith's statistics weren't bad (16-for-24 for 187 yards, two TDs/0 INTs), but they were significantly inflated by three big plays to Stedman Bailey that, after closer review, weren't as impressive in reality as they are in print.

Each of the first two completions, good for 32 yards (and a touchdown) and 59 yards, respectively, came off of quick screens in which Smith soft-tossed the ball just a few yards. Smith threw what looked like a well-placed deep ball down the left sideline to Bailey for a 29-yard touchdown in the third quarter, but the throw was made easier when the Syracuse defender covering Bailey lost his footing, leaving the WVU pass catcher alone for the uncontested reception. Other than those three plays, Smith completed 13 passes for a total of 67 yards in the final game that he'll play for West Virginia.

Statistics, of course, can be bent to prove just about anything in football, but the reality is Smith made troubling mental and physical errors against Syracuse. He failed to recognize the blitz off the right side that led to his taking the sack for the first safety. Worse, he was not consistently accurate, short-hopping intermediate routes down the middle and the sideline and sailing a deep ball far out of bounds against single coverage.

To be fair to Smith (and Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib), the conditions weren't favorable. It was snowing throughout the game, and the moisture made for poor footing and a slick ball. Both teams dropped several well-thrown passes, and there were botched center-quarterback exchanges from both sides, as well.

It wasn't such terrible conditions, however, that the talent evaluators in attendance won't grade the quarterbacks harshly, especially Smith, who has previously struggled in poor weather.

For the West Virginia passer, Saturday was the complete opposite of the eye-popping performance of nearly a year ago that sparked his rise to the top of the quarterback charts.

Boasting better size, arm strength, athleticism and statistics than preseason darling Matt Barkley, the 6-3, 215 pound Smith shot up past the USC Trojans' star to the top of NFLDraftScout.com's board. While Barkley and Arkansas' Tyler Wilson were adjusting to inexperienced supporting casts, Smith started off the regular season just the way he'd begun 2012, by shredding defenses. Over a six-game stretch extending from last year's 70-33 demolishing of Clemson in the Orange Bowl to a rousing victory over Texas on Oct. 6, Smith was magnificent, tossing 31 touchdowns and zero interceptions and leading WVU to an undefeated record.

Texas Tech provided the blueprint for shutting down the mighty West Virginia offense a week later, however, by pressuring Smith early and limiting the run-after-catch ability of Bailey and his teammate Tavon Austin. The Mountaineers would lose their next four games and, as it turns out, six of their final eight.

The perception -- whether deserved or not -- will be that Smith failed to lead the Mountaineers to victories in six of their last games.

The 2013 class of quarterbacks is lacking in the "sure things" of recent years. The tight rankings could force Smith to play in the Senior Bowl or another prominent all-star game to stabilize his stock.

If he were to do so -- and wound up going No. 1 overall as Dane Brugler and I are currently projecting -- it would be the first time a quarterback who played in a senior all-star game was the first passer selected in his respective draft class since 2003. That year, talent evaluators got to watch then-USC star Carson Palmer erase any doubt that he was the top prospect with a spectacular week in Mobile, Ala., in the Senior Bowl.

Regardless of whether Smith elects to play one last game with the Mountaineers' helmet or wait for the workout sessions from the Combine and/or his Pro Day, nervous NFL decision-makers are eager to see a quarterback -- any quarterback -- pull away in the race to April.

Al Bundy
01-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Nobody does stupid like Como, nobody.

As a matter of fact one time he agreed with something I agreed with and I had to re-think the entire concept. That is the power of Como.

Did I mention thats just one letter from Homo? NTAWWT

This sums up Como's CP existence.

lcarus
01-01-2013, 06:24 PM
I like Geno as much as the next guy. I love his physical tools at the position and I hope to God we draft him. But lets be real here...his stock is gonna have to rise quite a bit between now and April for there to even be a chance of us drafting him at #1.

Nightfyre
01-01-2013, 06:27 PM
I like Geno as much as the next guy. I love his physical tools at the position and I hope to God we draft him. But lets be real here...his stock is gonna have to rise quite a bit between now and April for there to even be a chance of us drafting him at #1.

I really don't think so.

lcarus
01-01-2013, 06:29 PM
I really don't think so.

So as we sit right now, you feel like there's a good chance we'll be drafting Geno in April? I hope you're right if so.

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 06:31 PM
I think this is a fair article.

I'll ignore the analysis and focus on this dumbfuck statement:

The 2013 class of quarterbacks is lacking in the "sure things" of recent years.

NOBODY thought the 2011 QBs were sure things. Nobody thought Bradford, Stafford, or Ryan were sure things. We haven't seen a "sure thing" QB in a draft since Eli Manning.

That's if you discount Luck and RGIII, which tards like Rob Rang are not doing.

God, do I have to fucking go into the archive and bump all the posts from 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 where people are bitching and moaning that those particular QB classes suck ass, and that the Chiefs are in a bad position to draft guys as high as they might be forced to in the first round?

IT'S HAPPENED EVERY FUCKING GODDAMNED YEAR.

This year is no fucking different. Yet it's somehow special to these people for some fucked up reason.

Nightfyre
01-01-2013, 06:53 PM
So as we sit right now, you feel like there's a good chance we'll be drafting Geno in April? I hope you're right if so.

To me, there is no question who the clear cut best QB in the class is and that is the ONLY real option at the #1 pick for our team.

Molitoth
01-01-2013, 07:16 PM
I'll ignore the analysis and focus on this dumb**** statement:

NOBODY thought the 2011 QBs were sure things. Nobody thought Bradford, Stafford, or Ryan were sure things. We haven't seen a "sure thing" QB in a draft since Eli Manning.

God, do I have to ****ing go into the archive and bump all the posts from 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 where people are bitching and moaning that those particular QB classes suck ass, and that the Chiefs are in a bad position to draft guys as high as they might be forced to in the first round?

IT'S HAPPENED EVERY ****ING GODDAMNED YEAR.

This year is no ****ing different. Yet it's somehow special to these people for some ****ed up reason.

Quit being right all the time SNR.

philfree
01-01-2013, 07:18 PM
I'll ignore the analysis and focus on this dumb**** statement:

God, do I have to ****ing go into the archive and bump all the posts from 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 where people are bitching and moaning that those particular QB classes suck ass, and that the Chiefs are in a bad position to draft guys as high as they might be forced to in the first round?

IT'S HAPPENED EVERY ****ING GODDAMNED YEAR.

This year is no ****ing different. Yet it's somehow special to these people for some ****ed up reason.

I don't disagree with your post but IMO the thing to take from this is that Geno needs to do what it takes to distance himself from the rest of the QBs. He should win the pre draft process and slam dunk the 1st pick of the draft. He has the chance to do so he should take it.

Molitoth
01-01-2013, 07:20 PM
I don't disagree with your post but IMO the thing to take from this is that Geno needs to do what it takes to distance himself from the rest of the QBs. He should win the pre draft process and slam dunk the 1st pick of the draft. He has the chance to do so he should take it.

He already has if you go compare films to bray, Wilson, Glennon, and Barkley.

I suppose you need to know what to look for though instead of the scoreboard.
Even at that, the other qbs weren't on good teams either I suppose.

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 07:23 PM

Like three years of actual high level game performance isn't enough?

philfree
01-01-2013, 07:24 PM
He already has if you go compare films to bray, Wilson, Glennon, and Barkley.

I suppose you need to know what to look for though instead of the scoreboard.
Even at that, the other qbs weren't on good teams either I suppose.

Yeah I suppose you're right.

philfree
01-01-2013, 07:25 PM

There is no doubt that his game tape is the most important part of his resume. Did someone say it wasn't?

Baby Lee
01-01-2013, 07:31 PM
QB or Busters don't know whether to scratch their watch or wind their butt.

Geno is an absolute lock, unless he isn't which doesn't matter.

People only liked RGIII because they knew everything about him down to the contents of his daily leavings, and the only reason they aren't as high on Geno is because they haven't watched the voluminous game tapes of stellar play available to everyone with an internet connection [which prove beyond all doubt that he is a lock, unless he isn't which doesn't matter].

RunKC
01-01-2013, 07:34 PM
No QB in this class is worth the first pick in the draft, but whatever QB separates himself and is worth a top 10 pick should be number 1 on our big board.

NJChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 07:46 PM
No QB in this class is worth the first pick in the draft, but whatever QB separates himself and is worth a top 10 pick should be number 1 on our big board.

I don't know or even want to address the first part of your statement, because the second is all that matters and I agree with it. Although if we have anybody over Geno or maybe Wilson I would question what we are looking at.

RNR
01-01-2013, 08:11 PM
I don't know if he will pan out or not. I will say this was a bad time to be bad. This draft offers little value to the top five or six picks. With the Raiders sitting at 3 I would like to see them trade down for picks if possible. The value vs price is just not there IMO~

Nightfyre
01-01-2013, 08:25 PM
The value of the pick correlates with the value of the players available at that pick to the other team trading for it. Not the number of the pick. So all I'm saying is, if you want to trade down, prepare by lubing up the asshole good and proper.

milkman
01-01-2013, 09:04 PM
There is one thing I know.

If CoMo doesn't believe that Geno Smith is worthy of the #1 overall selection, then someone should notify the Hall of Fame to start preparing Smith's bust for his induction in 20 years or so.

chop
01-01-2013, 09:21 PM

Most mock drafts at this time last year had Kalil going #2 overall. Luck and RGIII were always the top 2 rated QB's.

http://www.packersandfootball.com/2012/01/2012-nfl-mock-draft-30.html
http://voices.yahoo.com/updated-2012-nfl-mock-draft-10135823.html
http://nflmocks.com/2011/12/31/2012-3-round-mock-nfl-mock-draft-barkley-staying-and-rgiii-all-but-gone-to-the-cleveland-browns/
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andrew_perloff/01/10/2012.nfl.mock.draft/index.html Has RGIII #2
http://nflmocks.com/2012/01/13/2012-nfl-mock-draft-will-holmgren-draft-robert-griffin-iii/
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2012/01/26/2012-nfl-mock-draft-chiefs-go-for-a-lineman/
http://www.lostlettermen.com/2012-nfl-mock-draft-2-0/

Baby Lee
01-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Most mock drafts at this time last year had Kalil going #2 overall. Luck and RGIII were always the top 2 rated QB's.

http://www.packersandfootball.com/2012/01/2012-nfl-mock-draft-30.html
http://voices.yahoo.com/updated-2012-nfl-mock-draft-10135823.html
http://nflmocks.com/2011/12/31/2012-3-round-mock-nfl-mock-draft-barkley-staying-and-rgiii-all-but-gone-to-the-cleveland-browns/
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andrew_perloff/01/10/2012.nfl.mock.draft/index.html Has RGIII #2
http://nflmocks.com/2012/01/13/2012-nfl-mock-draft-will-holmgren-draft-robert-griffin-iii/
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2012/01/26/2012-nfl-mock-draft-chiefs-go-for-a-lineman/
http://www.lostlettermen.com/2012-nfl-mock-draft-2-0/

7 Mocks, early January, none putting RGIII below 4th overall, all having St. Louis staying pat at #2 and with Bradford already on the roster.

I stand corrected. ;)

And were I reviewing those mocks back then, I'd say the idea of MN letting RGIII past them at #3 was insane.

Pin Head
01-02-2013, 11:26 AM

Geno Smith put up big numbers in a bad conference vs several bad defenses. A lot of QB's put up huge stats in the Big XII, that's nothing new. And Geno wasn't even consistent in doing so vs some less than impressive D's certain weeks.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 11:29 AM
QB or Busters don't know whether to scratch their watch or wind their butt.

Geno is an absolute lock, unless he isn't which doesn't matter.

People only liked RGIII because they knew everything about him down to the contents of his daily leavings, and the only reason they aren't as high on Geno is because they haven't watched the voluminous game tapes of stellar play available to everyone with an internet connection [which prove beyond all doubt that he is a lock, unless he isn't which doesn't matter].

Yeah, you're obviously a lawyer.

HolyHat
01-02-2013, 11:32 AM
You guys need to stop thinking about the fact that we have the overall #1 pick. Our overall #1 need is QB, so thats what we need to draft.

I dont give a shit if he's rated the 17th best player on the board. We take him #1.

I can't wait to call out all the people that hated Geno this year, and are buying his jersey next year.

TEX
01-02-2013, 11:36 AM
You guys need to stop thinking about the fact that we have the overall #1 pick. Our overall #1 need is QB, so thats what we need to draft.

I dont give a shit if he's rated the 17th best player on the board. We take him #1.

I can't wait to call out all the people that hated Geno this year, and are buying his jersey next year.

Exactly how BUSTS happen. :shake:
Put me # 1 on yout "Call Out" list.

Pin Head
01-02-2013, 11:44 AM

Bad things usually happen with teams that way overdraft QB's in round 1 to fit a need.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Exactly how BUSTS happen. :shake:
Put me # 1 on yout "Call Out" list.

OK, so who are you taking then?

BWillie
01-02-2013, 11:50 AM
I know you guys don't want to hear this but I would trade down if it guarantees we can still get one of the Top 3 to 4 QBs. There just aren't any this year that are worthy of the #1 pick and you are splitting hairs between the top QB's so it really doesn't make much of a difference. With that said, there probably isn't going to be a suitor to get a good deal to trade down just due to the top players available and the other needs of teams towards the top.

Pin Head
01-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Geno, Barkley, Wilson, and Bray will be gone by no. 10. You have to take a QB at no. 1.

I wouldn't kid mysef into anyother QB by Geno Smith #1 overall. NO amount of desperation would push Glennon that high. Or anyother QB in this draft. I'd strongly consider Barkley (or whomever left) in round 2 and BPA #1.

htismaqe
I know you guys don't want to hear this but I would trade down if it guarantees we can still get one of the Top 3 to 4 QBs. There just aren't any this year that are worthy of the #1 pick and you are splitting hairs between the top QB's so it really doesn't make much of a difference. With that said, there probably isn't going to be a suitor to get a good deal to trade down just due to the top players available and the other needs of teams towards the top.

If there aren't any QBs in this draft worth the #1 overall pick, who is going to want to trade up?

Like you said, trading down sounds great until you realize that if we, with a 2-14 record and no QB, don't want the #1 pick, nobody else wants it either.

Reaper16
Bad things usually happen with teams that way overdraft QB's in round 1 to fit a need.

Bad things? You literally can't get any worse as a franchise than KC is right now. More bad things don't mean shit; the franchise is already at rock bottom.

htismaqe
I wouldn't kid mysef into anyother QB by Geno Smith #1 overall. NO amount of desperation would push Glennon that high. Or anyother QB in this draft. I'd strongly consider Barkley (or whomever left) in round 2 and BPA #1.

So who is BPA at #1?

Molitoth
01-02-2013, 12:04 PM

So basically you want to go with the BEST non-impact position player with your #1, and take the leftovers on the most important position in sports?

:banghead:

Pin Head
01-02-2013, 12:07 PM
And this is the stupid thing.

Geno has three years of starting game tape. He's played against top level defenses that featured NFL first rounders.

The Texas and OU games alone should be enough, let alone games like LSU or the Orange Bowl the year before.

Like the combine is going to change anything that Geno has done to this point in his career. Like a single post season All-Star game with three days of practice is going to mean anything.

Hell, Cam Newton threw the ugliest, most inaccurate balls I've ever seen in a structured setting at his combine and he went #1 overall and was NFL rookie of the year.

Geno Smith isn't even remotely close to the pysical specimen Newton is. Newton is faster, stronger, taller with a much better arm than Geno. To have to rely on combines and campus structured is an awful way to make such an important pick. I doubt Geno even throws at the combine.

HolyHat
01-02-2013, 12:08 PM
So basically you want to go with the BEST non-impact position player with your #1, and take the leftovers on the most important position in sports?

Well said

duncan_idaho
01-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Here's my thing:

This draft doesn't HAVE a sure thing. Everyone has warts. There isn't a sure-fire guy at an impact position.

Yeah, Geno Smith has some question marks. Yeah, there are some QBs who are similar (though Glennon is really the only one that has the tools to match Smith's ultimate upside).

But how do the other top prospects hold up if you shine the same light on them that's being shined on Smith?

Let's talk about Luke Joekel, since he's a hot name right now. He's great in pass pro, in the phone booth or on an island, and he's got great, choppy feet. But he also is only an average run blocker at the NFL level and lacks the strength/bulk to dominate in that regard. If you're taking a tackle first overall, he'd better be a guy that dominates in both phases of the offensive game. And is he REALLY that much better than Jake Matthews (who could be available anywhere from 5-15)? Matthews isn't quite as stellar in pass pro but is much better rounded. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Matthews has a better pro career.

What about Star Lutuli? Also a hot name. But compare him to some of the other stud DTs that are first-rounders (Hankins, Floyd, Richardson, etc). IS there really a big separation? Is he MORE of a sure thing than any of them? And does KC REALLY need to spend another first-round pick on a DT (That has worked SO well)...

And, finally, my FAVORITE: Manti Te'o. He's a highly productive player at a position that is NOT a premium spot in the NFL. He's an average CFB athlete and likely below-average in terms of NFL athleticism. He's also not an impact player rushing the QB. Best case scenario for him is probably being as good as Derrick Johnson. How big a difference does it make taking Te'o at 1 vs. the guy from Stanford or someone similar in Round 3?

My point: If you're going to reach for a player - which the Chiefs are going to be doing if they stay at No. 1 regardless - reach for the best guy at the highest impact position. I see Smith and Joekel as similar risks, so I say Smith.

No, Geno Smith is not Andrew Luck or RG3 (at least not at this point). But Joekel is sure as hell not Joe Thomas, Jonathan Ogden or Orlando Pace. Manti Te'o is sure as hell not Brian Urlacher. Lutuli is sure as hell not Ndamuhkong Suh.

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2013, 12:12 PM
The last two games without Barkley showed what he is really worth. The all-world talent around him sure didn't put up the same stats and show that they did with Barkley.

Molitoth
01-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Narrow Head walks into a bar. After some drinks he decides that he is horny and wants to have the best sex of his life.

He see's this sexy chick just sitting there being talked to by all these other dudes. Just waiting to be snatched up and taken off to be f*cked. She likes Narrow Head and claims she will give him everything he wants.

Narrow Head is skeptical. He is having thoughts that she could be high maintenance, or a bitch, but my god could this be a trophy wife. This chick is so hot, it could make HIM famous. The media would be all over him like he was the next big thing.

Narrow Head looks around and spots a fat shy chick sitting by herself. The same girl that nobody else is looking at. He knows she will be intimidated, low maintenance, and probably not cause him much trouble, which is nice... but she could never be beautiful.

Narrow Head scoops over to the fat chick and takes her home in his fairladyZ (not twin turbo) and is never to be heard of again.
Meanwhile, Setsuna is banging the f*cking hot chick to stardom, as well as having a threesome with Tim Tebow.

Did this makes any sense?

HolyHat
01-02-2013, 12:14 PM
The last two games without Barkley showed what he is really worth. The all-world talent around him sure didn't put up the same stats and show that they did with Barkley.

USC sucked with and without Barkley. Barkley is weak sauce like every other USC QB.

Reaper16
01-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Here's my thing:

This draft doesn't HAVE a sure thing. Everyone has warts. There isn't a sure-fire guy at an impact position.

Yeah, Geno Smith has some question marks. Yeah, there are some QBs who are similar (though Glennon is really the only one that has the tools to match Smith's ultimate upside).

But how do the other top prospects hold up if you shine the same light on them that's being shined on Smith?

Let's talk about Luke Joekel, since he's a hot name right now. He's great in pass pro, in the phone booth or on an island, and he's got great, choppy feet. But he also is only an average run blocker at the NFL level and lacks the strength/bulk to dominate in that regard. If you're taking a tackle first overall, he'd better be a guy that dominates in both phases of the offensive game. And is he REALLY that much better than Jake Matthews (who could be available anywhere from 5-15)? Matthews isn't quite as stellar in pass pro but is much better rounded. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Matthews has a better pro career.

What about Star Lutuli? Also a hot name. But compare him to some of the other stud DTs that are first-rounders (Hankins, Floyd, Richardson, etc). IS there really a big separation? Is he MORE of a sure thing than any of them? And does KC REALLY need to spend another first-round pick on a DT (That has worked SO well)...

And, finally, my FAVORITE: Manti Te'o. He's a highly productive player at a position that is NOT a premium spot in the NFL. He's an average CFB athlete and likely below-average in terms of NFL athleticism. He's also not an impact player rushing the QB. Best case scenario for him is probably being as good as Derrick Johnson. How big a difference does it make taking Te'o at 1 vs. the guy from Stanford or someone similar in Round 3?

My point: If you're going to reach for a player - which the Chiefs are going to be doing if they stay at No. 1 regardless - reach for the best guy at the highest impact position. I see Smith and Joekel as similar risks, so I say Smith.

No, Geno Smith is not Andrew Luck or RG3 (at least not at this point). But Joekel is sure as hell not Joe Thomas, Jonathan Ogden or Orlando Pace. Manti Te'o is sure as hell not Brian Urlacher. Lutuli is sure as hell not Ndamuhkong Suh.

Superb.

I'm at the point where I'm giving my full support and leeway behind whoever the new coach thinks is the best QB. If that's Barkley, then I'm behind it with patience. Same with Wilson or Bray or Glennon or Smith.

duncan_idaho
01-02-2013, 12:17 PM
USC sucked with and without Barkley. Barkley is weak sauce like every other USC QB.

Barkley is:

Short, slow and doesn't have great arm strength (it's good enough but not great). He does, however, have great mechanics and is very bright (and sometimes effective at reading defenses).

Sounds like a future game manager to me.

Pin Head
01-02-2013, 12:18 PM

As an alternative I'd be willing to consider trading away the 2013 2nd, 3rd and 5th round picks to Washington for Cousins OR just our 2014 1st rounder (which should be a top 10 pick) and #3 in 2014 as well.

Buckweath
01-02-2013, 12:20 PM
It is a certainty that the Chiefs will draft a QB at #1 overall, like it or not.

The name of the game is QB.

duncan_idaho
01-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Superb.

I'm at the point where I'm giving my full support and leeway behind whoever the new coach thinks is the best QB. If that's Barkley, then I'm behind it with patience. Same with Wilson or Bray or Glennon or Smith.

My only problem with Tyler Bray is that he's a headcase/terrible person. He's Roethlisberger-esque in that regard.

I also personally watched him get completely shut down by a Dave Steckel defense.

Other than that, hard to disagree.

ChiefRocka
01-02-2013, 12:21 PM
As an alternative I'd be willing to consider trading away the 2013 2nd, 3rd and 5th round picks to Washington for Cousins OR just our 2014 1st rounder (which should be a top 10 pick) and #3 in 2014 as well.

If you and Scott Pioli had a child...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3sMh31VZHMc/TFTU8aRBOBI/AAAAAAAACzM/Hhyp4QLjA48/s1600/dumb-neanderthal1254788145.jpg

duncan_idaho
01-02-2013, 12:23 PM

"Ah, yes, the old 'Acquire other team's backup based on extremely small sample size' plan.

THAT has worked out brilliantly over the years."

-- Says Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, Matt Cassel and too many others.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Superb.

Absolutely. I don't like Barkley. I'm not a pro. I've missed on plenty of QB's coming out, and hit on plenty as well. Just an armchair guy without the knowledge the pros have. I'll trust WHOMEVER our new coach decides is the best QB in the draft.

Molitoth
01-02-2013, 12:24 PM

Wow, Cousins comes out and plays a few decent snaps and he's worth THAT now??? You are crazy man, just crazy.

I bet last year you would've had a meltdown if the chiefs picked cousins.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 12:25 PM

ROFL

This just can't be serious.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Wow, Cousins comes out and plays a few decent snaps and he's worth THAT now??? You are crazy man, just crazy.

Geno Smith isn't worth the #1 overall pick but the guy that was actually TAKEN with a 4th is worth almost HALF of our upcoming drafts.

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2013, 12:27 PM

Congratulations! You've gotten off to one of the dumbest fucking starts on this website so far this year. You're in some great company...

Prison Bitch
01-02-2013, 12:43 PM

Not really a fair rebuttal here. By this logic, we would all be angry we traded up to get RGIII or took Russell Wilson when we had a chance. Which looking back, we would've gladly done either. A guy who's actually proven something in the NFL is worth far far more than a guy who's in this year's draft.

Cousins doesn't have an extensive track record but he's played in the League and shown, in limited time, he can play. We may decide to go another direction but Cousins has a lot of value right now especially given his low salary and low mileage. A deal for him would certainly cost us our #2 and #3 picks this year and that may not be enough for Washington to ship him off.

Pin Head
01-02-2013, 12:46 PM
ROFL

This just can't be serious.

That's what it would take short of ransom Washington will use to extort for Cousins in order to make up for picks lost. That the Chiefs have no earthly idea whom at QB to select with the #1 overall is a very very ominous sign.

This 2013 crop looks more like Chad Pennington, Cade McNown, Weeden and Josh Freeman level prospects.

Buckweath
01-02-2013, 12:49 PM
That's what it would take short of ransom Washington will use to extort for Cousins in order to make up for picks lost. That the Chiefs have no earthly idea whom at QB to select with the #1 overall is a very very ominous sign.

This 2013 crop looks more like Chad Pennington, Cade McNown, Weeden and Josh Freeman level prospects.

Do you think cousins will be better in the NFL than Geno?

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 12:51 PM

So let's give up HALF A DRAFT to draft a guy that's basically a carbon copy of Ricky Stanzi.

Brilliant!

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Not really a fair rebuttal here. By this logic, we would all be angry we traded up to get RGIII or took Russell Wilson when we had a chance. Which looking back, we would've gladly done either. A guy who's actually proven something in the NFL is worth far far more than a guy who's in this year's draft.

Cousins doesn't have an extensive track record but he's played in the League and shown, in limited time, he can play. We may decide to go another direction but Cousins has a lot of value right now especially given his low salary and low mileage. A deal for him would certainly cost us our #2 and #3 picks this year and that may not be enough for Washington to ship him off.

What exactly has Cousins proven?

Jamarcus Russell put together a few good quarters, too. Matt Cassel put together a few good GAMES.

Want either one of them?

Molitoth
01-02-2013, 12:52 PM
meanwhile instead of buying high and selling low (see Cassel, Grbac, Bono) we could be buying low and selling high when we draft Geno Smith and Tyler Bray.

CoMoChief
01-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Do you think cousins will be better in the NFL than Geno?

yes

Molitoth
01-02-2013, 12:54 PM
So let's give up HALF A DRAFT to draft a guy that's basically a carbon copy of Ricky Stanzi.

Brilliant!

Exactly. I dunno how many times I saw the comparisons of Stanzi and Cousins coming out of college.

I will be the first to admit, I know very little of Stanzi other than he won a decent amount of games at Iowa, but I watched a lot of Cousins last year and he certainly doesn't look like a high ceiling type of guy. Hence he got drafted where he did.

This is not Russel Wilson who got looked over due to size. Wilson is an athletic mofo who was great at Wisconsin.

duncan_idaho
01-02-2013, 12:54 PM

Kirk Cousins has thrown fewer than 50 passes in the NFL as a rookie, just a year after he was a fourth-round pick. He only started one game this season, against the god-awful Cleveland Browns (against whom he was OK). His other experience came against defenses game-planned to defend the dual-threat capabilities of RG3.

Considering the likely asking price for Cousins, he carries incredible risk. More than drafting Geno Smith or Mike Glennon at No. 1. More than drafting Luke Joekel at No. 1 and hoping someone you want is still left at No. 33.

The Chiefs probably have 'no earthly idea' who to select for a number of reasons:

1) They currently have no head coach and no offense.
2) The GM situation is in upheaval
3) We're still months away from the draft, which means combines and interviews and pro days haven't been conducted yet.

If it was 3 days before the draft and the mess was still this jumbled, them having 'no earthly idea' might mean something. 3 months out, it means absolutely nothing.

HolyHat
01-02-2013, 12:55 PM
This year has really exposed the crazies we have as fans...Cousins has 1 good game and all of a sudden he's fucking Joe Montana. This is becoming pathetic

TEX
01-02-2013, 12:56 PM
This year has really exposed the crazies we have as fans...Cousins has 1 good game and all of a sudden he's ****ing Joe Montana. This is becoming pathetic

Yep. And they're ALL experts.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 12:57 PM
yes

ROFL

You must have skipped the paint chips and went straight the fishing sinkers, huh?

RealSNR
01-02-2013, 12:57 PM

Chad Pennington, Cade McNown, Weeden, and Josh Freeman were 4th rounders with terrible pocket presence and a weak arm?

The Skins are putting out the high price so someone will foolishly offer them a 1st rounder. They'll take the first deal like that they can get.

The team who trades for Cousins is getting Matt Cassel. Congrats! You just shat away another 4 NFL seasons!

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Exactly. I dunno how many times I saw the comparisons of Stanzi and Cousins coming out of college.

I will be the first to admit, I know very little of Stanzi other than he won a decent amount of games at Iowa, but I watched a lot of Cousins last year and he certainly doesn't look like a high ceiling type of guy. Hence he got drafted where he did.

This is not Russel Wilson who got looked over due to size. Wilson is an athletic mofo who was great at Wisconsin.

Both Stanzi and Cousins were game managers that played in run-heavy playaction offenses and supported by excellent defenses. Nearly identical in every way.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Kirk Cousins has thrown fewer than 50 passes in the NFL as a rookie, just a year after he was a fourth-round pick. He only started one game this season, against the god-awful Cleveland Browns (against whom he was OK). His other experience came against defenses game-planned to defend the dual-threat capabilities of RG3.

Considering the likely asking price for Cousins, he carries incredible risk. More than drafting Geno Smith or Mike Glennon at No. 1. More than drafting Luke Joekel at No. 1 and hoping someone you want is still left at No. 33.

The Chiefs probably have 'no earthly idea' who to select for a number of reasons:

1) They currently have no head coach and no offense.
2) The GM situation is in upheaval
3) We're still months away from the draft, which means combines and interviews and pro days haven't been conducted yet.

If it was 3 days before the draft and the mess was still this jumbled, them having 'no earthly idea' might mean something. 3 months out, it means absolutely nothing.

I gotta go give someone else some rep first.

duncan_idaho
01-02-2013, 12:59 PM

I love Google. Here's a sample what was said about Cousins JUST a year ago. Has he done ANYTHING to disprove this (No, the answer is NO).

From NFL.com
He is an accurate and safe thrower who knows how to pick his spots. He is a good athlete who can make plays on the run, but is not going to run past many NFL defenders. A safe pick as a backup option.

Cousins is widely considered to be a game manager type at the next level. He makes good decisions with the ball but has not shown he can make the flash plays to move the offense and win games for his team at the next level. He will need talent around him to succeed, which limits his value.

From ProFootballWeekly
Has a narrow frame susceptible to taking a pounding. Can be too cerebral and mechanical with his reads. Has displayed a tendency to overthink the game, resulting in holding the ball too long. Average ball velocity — ball will flutter and appear to die outside the numbers if he cannot step into it. Lacks ideal arm talent to rip it deep. Not a scrambler and cannot improvise or create many plays when the pocket moves. Many throws are simple and predetermined.
Summary:

Has the intangibles and intelligence to develop into a highly efficient, dink-and-dunk, rhythm passer. Resemblance to 49ers QB Alex Smith and must continue developing physically to survive the toll of an NFL season. Could thrive with crisp coaching and confidence-building play-calling in a precision passing game such as that of the Texans, Redskins, Patriots or 49ers.

ChiefRocka
01-02-2013, 01:01 PM
I still cant believe Stanzi didn't play this year

Imon Yourside
Anyone suggesting we trade for Cousins is probably one of Pioli's bestest friends.

Molitoth
I gotta go give someone else some rep first.

Go rep me for post #163. :)

Imon Yourside
I still cant believe Stanzi didn't play this year

Oh he played, did you watch the preseason meltdown?

Molitoth
01-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Oh he played, did you watch the preseason meltdown?

Was he expected to rape in a vanilla offense playing with third stringers, brian daboll, and romeo crennel speeches?

Prison Bitch
01-02-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm sure the coaches saw Stanzi plenty in practice, and didn't feel like he was any better than the alternatives. Which says a lot about Stanzi.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Resemblance to 49ers QB Alex Smith

He's perfect!

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm sure the coaches saw Stanzi plenty in practice, and didn't feel like he was any better than the alternatives. Which says a lot about Stanzi.

The fact that we had Cassel for 4 years says a lot more about the coaches than it does about Stanzi.

Molitoth
01-02-2013, 01:07 PM

Stanzi was not a great prospect coming out, so I don't expect him to be any good. That said, I don't trust the chiefs coaching staff on talent evaluation.

We all know Cassel was forced as the starter. That says enough right there.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Stanzi was not a great prospect coming out, so I don't expect him to be any good. That said, I don't trust the chiefs coaching staff on talent evaluation.

We all know Cassel was forced as the starter. That says enough right there.

This.

whoman69
01-02-2013, 01:17 PM

I saw plenty of Cassel and Quinn in actual game action with the first team and they looked worse than Stanzi ever did with the third team with only 20% of the offense installed. The only coaches that saw Stanzi in practice were the defensive coaches who watched him work with the scout team against their players.

Dave Lane
01-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Congratulations! You've gotten off to one of the dumbest ****ing starts on this website so far this year. You're in some great company...

I'm certain he and Blackbob are somehow related.

Dave Lane
01-02-2013, 01:21 PM
yes

Absolute proof, without an equivocation, that Geno Smith is headed to the Hall.

ModSocks
01-02-2013, 01:25 PM
The only coaches that saw Stanzi in practice were the defensive coaches who watched him work with the scout team against their players.

Riiiiiiiiight

Prison Bitch
01-02-2013, 01:26 PM
I've learned after watching sports for over 30 years that the backup is usually a backup for a reason.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Alex Smith v2.0

BOO! SUCK! YOU!

DomerNKC
01-02-2013, 02:21 PM

i am sorry, which conference is West Virginia in again?

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 02:24 PM
i am sorry, which conference is West Virginia in again?

And how long have they been in that conference?

Dumbass.

Pin Head
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM

Brilliant!

If I'm GM, I call up Gene Smiths replacement and offer him Tamba Hali for the first pick in round 2. Then I take Jarvis Jones or Moore with the 1st overall pick, take the BPA at QB and WR with the first two picks of round 2 or use them to trade down to get more picks. Those early round 2 picks should be very valuable. So now I have cap room to resign Bowe and Albert's, got value with the 1st overall pick and given some nice value or trading chips in round 2 of a good draft(outside of QB and RB of course.)

Molitoth
01-02-2013, 03:02 PM
At this point I think you're just trolling.

O.city
01-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Only players who are sure fire HOF'ers are worth the first overall pick, Right?

Sorter
01-02-2013, 03:03 PM
If I'm GM, I call up Gene Smiths replacement and offer him Tamba Hali for the first pick in round 2. Then I take Jarvis Jones or Moore with the 1st overall pick, take the BPA at QB and WR with the first two picks of round 2 or use them to trade down to get more picks. Those early round 2 picks should be very valuable. So now I have cap room to resign Bowe and Albert's, got value with the 1st overall pick and given some nice value or trading chips in round 2 of a good draft(outside of QB and RB of course.)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls4q9h1RFZ1r09379.gif

Deberg_1990
01-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Only players who are sure fire HOF'ers are worth the first overall pick, Right?

Drew Bledsoe says yes!

whoman69
01-02-2013, 03:33 PM

cap room is not going to be an issue

RealSNR
01-02-2013, 03:41 PM

Let us know how your Madden franchise goes. I hope you win the Super Bowl with them

Steron
01-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Just read his pro comparison is Jason Motherfucking Campbell. I don't buy it, but it's what the article said.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000121092/article/geno-smith-matt-barkley-headline-2013-nfl-draft-quarterbacks (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000121092/article/geno-smith-matt-barkley-headline-2013-nfl-draft-quarterbacks)

FlaChief58
01-02-2013, 03:43 PM

Wow, just wow :facepalm:

duncan_idaho
01-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Just read his pro comparison is Jason Mother****ing Campbell. I don't buy it, but it's what the article said.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000121092/article/geno-smith-matt-barkley-headline-2013-nfl-draft-quarterbacks (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000121092/article/geno-smith-matt-barkley-headline-2013-nfl-draft-quarterbacks)

I think that's a joke comparison.

Campbell played in a run-dominated offense and never displayed the downfield accuracy or short-range touch that Smith has.

Pin Head
01-02-2013, 03:50 PM
cap room is not going to be an issue

I've also read that T Jackson is due something like $14m next year? If so, he'll be cut unless he renegotiates his deal. He's going receive a ton of interest in UFA so I'm assuming that his agent will tell him to test the open market if we come calling to rengotiate that deal.

Sorter
01-02-2013, 03:55 PM
I've also read that T Jackson is due something like $14m next year? If so, he'll be cut unless he renegotiates his deal. He's going receive a ton of interest in UFA so I'm assuming that his agent will tell him to test the open market if we come calling to rengotiate that deal.

http://www.pohrani.com/f/1r/bl/3h5FgDJt/1357063883624.gif

Rugby Thompson
01-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Let us know how your Madden franchise goes. I hope you win the Super Bowl with them

lmfao

Rugby Thompson
01-02-2013, 03:58 PM

are you smoking meth

ChiefsFanatic
01-02-2013, 04:11 PM

Yep. Great comparison...

Didn't David Klingler and Andre Ware have like a billion touchdown passes in college? Stats like this mean nothing. How many TD passes did Tom Brady have in college?

I have no idea if Geno Smith will be a Brady or a Ware, but using stats from college really don't mean anything.

Pin Head
01-02-2013, 04:11 PM

:) I know you want a QB and trust, I get that. You'll be thanking your lucky stars that we're going to use the #1 overall and overdraft 20 slots on Geno instead of future All Pro's JJones, Star L, T'eo. QB and HC really are our two biggest shortcomings. But they are not the ony two. The Chief's weaknesses clearly starts at HC and QB. But the next tier of problems comes in at WR (all of them assuming Bowe leaves in UFA)

Chiefs have not one single guy that can consistently get himsef open with quickness, agil and accurate at running routes. CHiefs have no receiver with straight line speed or with jumping ability.

Sorter
01-02-2013, 04:14 PM
:) I know you want a QB and trust, I get that. You'll be thanking your lucky stars that we're going to use the #1 overall and overdraft 20 slots on Geno instead of future All Pro's JJones, Star L, T'eo. QB and HC really are our two biggest shortcomings. But they are not the ony two. The Chief's weaknesses clearly starts at HC and QB. But the next tier of problems comes in at WR (all of them assuming Bowe leaves in UFA)

Chiefs have not one single guy that can consistently get himsef open with quickness, agil and accurate at running routes. CHiefs have no receiver with straight line speed or with jumping ability.

Wut?

Pin Head
01-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Wut?

Maybe ARenas will run a more vertical passing attack next year with Geno...he goes through his progressions awfully slow. That rules out a WCO coach. But now we're back to needing deep threat WR's. We won't have any of those.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 04:32 PM

So you're going to trade a KNOWN quantity, playing at a Pro Bowl level, for potential.

Yeah, your username is apt.

Pin Head
01-02-2013, 04:38 PM
So you're going to trade a KNOWN quantity, playing at a Pro Bowl level, for potential.

Yeah, your username is apt.

Perhaps we use a 2nd round pick on one of Geno's WR's from WV. That's another tough sell.

duncan_idaho
01-02-2013, 04:43 PM

I would personally help Tyson Jackson's overrated, overdrafted a$$ move to whatever city claims the team dumb enough to dump money on him.

The Chiefs have plenty of cap room. $100 million under it, combined, over the past 4 years (i.e. The Pioli Disaster). It isn't going to be a problem, and Tyson Jackson certainly isn't going to bust the cap.

Worrying about not having cap room to keep Tyson Jackson is about like worrying about not having a condom to f*** Roseanne Barr.

bevischief
01-02-2013, 04:44 PM
This will not end well for you...

duncan_idaho
01-02-2013, 04:46 PM

One of those three is a future all-pro at an impact position.

One other is a space eating DT (who is only slightly separated from a plethora of other stud DTs and therefore ALSO an overdraft).

The last is a physically underwhelming, try-hard guy at a non-impact position. He probably will make some Pro Bowls based on his name and pedigree alone (cough... Eric Berry ... cough), but I will be shocked if Te'o is ever considered a "huge impact guy" anywhere outside a Mormon mission.

htismaqe
01-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Manti Te'o is now a future All-Pro?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pin Head
01-02-2013, 05:03 PM
We need an entirely new set of WR's...Baldwin and Co don't have it. Losing Bowe would hurt badly.

Austin Ed
01-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Interesting stats for Geno versus that powerhouse Syracuse defense. 18 of 24 for 187 with 59 of the 187 being pure YAC on a single play. WV zero for 9 on third down and zero for two on fourth. Lost fumble. Two safeties with one on an intentional grounding call. Lots of scowls and funny faces though. The snow affected his play and, as we know, it never snows in KC or Denver. Sounds like there can be no question in anybody's mind. Everyone has to agree that Geno is the number one pick off the board. If you disagree, you must be a complete football dipshit.

seamonster
01-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Perhaps we use a 2nd round pick on one of Geno's WR's from WV. That's another tough sell.

I'd rather have some of those receivers than the quarterback from WVU. Taking a smaller, slower quarterback like Geno could freeze the defenses if he's got mike wallace like speed at receiver to go with charles in the backfield. If there's one thing about Geno that transcends this crop of quarterbacks it's making big plays with the deep ball and track star receivers.

And just go ahead and cut baldwin.

duncan_idaho
01-02-2013, 05:30 PM
I'd rather have some of those receivers than the quarterback from WVU. Taking a smaller, slower quarterback like Geno could freeze the defenses if he's got mike wallace like speed at receiver to go with charles in the backfield. If there's one thing about Geno that transcends this crop of quarterbacks it's making big plays with the deep ball and track star receivers.

And just go ahead and cut baldwin.

What are you talking about? Smaller and slower than whom?

Yeah, he's smaller and slower than Cam Newton. But Smith has good size (6-3, 215) and moves very well in the pocket (Better than Glennon, Wilson, Nassib, Bray, Barkley, and Landry Jones).

The only top QBs who really move as well as Smith are Tahj Boyd (who is nowhere close to the passer Smith is) and Aaron Murray (who might or might not be coming out).

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Interesting stats for Geno versus that powerhouse Syracuse defense. 18 of 24 for 187 with 59 of the 187 being pure YAC on a single play. WV zero for 9 on third down and zero for two on fourth. Lost fumble. Two safeties with one on an intentional grounding call. Lots of scowls and funny faces though. The snow affected his play and, as we know, it never snows in KC or Denver. Sounds like there can be no question in anybody's mind. Everyone has to agree that Geno is the number one pick off the board. If you disagree, you must be a complete football dipshit.

West Virginia was one of the best teams in the country on 3rd down all season, but please use all the statistical outliners your little heart desires. We feel he is the best because we have RESEARCHED, WATCHED, AND ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THE FUCK WE ARE SEEING.

ROYC75
01-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Manti Te'o is now a future All-Pro?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

All Pro what?

Ass wiper?

ROYC75
01-02-2013, 05:48 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Man, that is a 5 star WTF !

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 05:56 PM
One thing that needs to be cleared up that #1 picks are more valuable under the new CBA than under the old one. You don't want to waste them.

The reasoning that says "well, we don't have to spend as much money on this #1 pick, so lets just pick a QB and roll the dice." That is bogus. The #1 pick is worth more in compensation through trades with the new CBA. You forfeit more potential players via trade now than ever before if you are not willing to trade down.

Look at the following non QB trades:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7854788/trade-tracker

Cleveland Browns: Acquire pick No. 3 in 2012 Trent Richardson
Minnesota Vikings: Acquire picks No. 4, No. 118, No. 139 and No. 211 Matt Kalil

Jacksonville Jaguars: Acquire pick No. 5 in 2012 Justin Blackmon
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Acquire picks No. 7 and No. 101 Mark Barron

Dallas Cowboys: Acquire pick No. 6 in 2012 Morris Claiborne
St. Louis Rams: Acquire picks No. 14 and No. 45 Michael Brockers

Philadelphia Eagles: Acquire pick No. 12 in 2012 Fletcher Cox
Seattle Seahawks: Acquire picks No. 15, No. 114 and No. 172 Bruce Irvin

New England Patriots: Acquire pick No. 21 in 2012 Chandler Jones
Cincinnati Bengals: Acquire picks No. 27 and No. 93 Kevin Zeitler

NewEngland Patriots: Acquire pick No. 25 in 2012 Donta Hightower
Denver Broncos: Acquire picks No. 31 and No. 126 Doug Martin

Minnesota Vikings: Acquire pick No. 29 in 2012 Harrison Smith
Baltimore Ravens: Acquire picks No. 35 and No. 98 Courtney Upshaw

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Acquire picks No. 31 and No. 126 Doug Martin
Denver Broncos: Acquire picks No. 36 and No. 101 Derek Wolfe

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Fuck trading down. I'm tired of hearing about it every damn year. Identify the guy that's the best prospect in the draft for us and take him. It will be a QB guarendamteed.

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Look at these 2011 trades:

2011 Draft Notes

Browns trade the No. 6 pick to the Falcons for the No. 27 pick, second-round (No. 59) and fourth-round (No. 124) picks in the 2011 draft and first- and fourth-round picks in the 2012 draft.

Redskins trade the No. 10 pick to the Jaguars for the No. 16 pick and a second-round pick (No. 49).

Chiefs trade the No. 21 pick to the Browns for the No. 27 pick (through the Falcons) and a third-round pick (No. 70).

Ravens originally owned No. 26 pick but time elapsed on the draft clock, allowing Chiefs to make the 26th pick. Ravens made the No. 27 selection.

Patriots trade the No. 28 pick to the Saints for a second-round (No. 56) pick in the 2011 draft and a first-round pick in the 2012 draft.

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 06:10 PM
You do realize that we got Houston with a 3rd round pick.

Prison Bitch
01-02-2013, 06:12 PM

The one good move Pioli made. Basically, he was our 1st rounder and Baldwin was the 3rd, as it turned out. Like 2008: Charles was our 1st (#5 overall) and Dorsey ended up being the 3rd (#73)

O.city
01-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Who are these teams going to want to be trading up for?

Gravedigger
01-02-2013, 06:16 PM

The only reason Pioli chose him was because he was a first round talent that fell into his lap in the third round all because of a failed marijuana test at the combine. Pioli got lucky with Houston and Berry was just the pick that everyone would've made.

Prison Bitch
01-02-2013, 06:19 PM
The only reason Pioli chose him was because he was a first round talent that fell into his lap in the third round all because of a failed marijuana test at the combine. Pioli got lucky with Houston

Not quite true, since no other team got "lucky" with Houston 69 picks before we drafted him.

kcbubb
01-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Who are these teams going to want to be trading up for?

Jarvis Jones is the most likely person to trade up for. Possibly Star, but the combine will help clear this up.