PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Countdown to 'Hamas' Jenkins return!

Hammock Parties
01-01-2013, 10:19 AM
One week left until one year from his last post expires.

ROFL ROFL:

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://dailybail.com/storage/RichardNixonHelicopter.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1274980127437&sa=X&ei=hD0KT-PyAoni2QWon_T9Cw&ved=0CA0Q8wc&usg=AFQjCNEZ4Qz2Ep8JPEdFNUMnJJ2csfQ8qg

See you in 2013. htismaqe, you can have my Mock selections.

Good night, and Good luck.

The Dark Knight will rise again.

http://i.imgur.com/oOfif.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Curious who his QB/Head Coach combo would be.

Sofa King
01-01-2013, 11:12 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h-LbvFckptY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2013, 11:18 AM
It's long overdue. I can't wait to get his take on what's transpired. I'm sure he's thrilled we've completely pulled out of AfCasselstan.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2013, 11:21 AM
It's long overdue. I can't wait to get his take on what's transpired. I'm sure he's thrilled we've completely pulled out of AfCasselstan.

Yeah but we're spitting on the troops and calling them baby killers. The damage is done.

Bowser
01-01-2013, 11:24 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/asV0447SywY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

crossbow
01-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Where has he been all this time?

Also, should we organize a parade?

Strongside
01-01-2013, 11:26 AM
I wasn't around at the time...why did he go into exile in the first place?

wazu
01-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Curious who his QB/Head Coach combo would be.

I have to assume Alex Smith/Kirk Ferentz.

Crush
01-01-2013, 11:28 AM

He said he would leave for a year if Tebow won a playoff game.

Predarat
01-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Ill be glad to have him back, hope his twins are doing well.

Bowser
01-01-2013, 11:29 AM

Something along the lines of him stating that if Tim Tebow ever won a playoff game, he would exile himself for a year. Stuck with it, too. Clay has relayed a message or two from time to time, but he hasn't shown up. Probably best for him as he had a couple of twin girls that he needed to spend time with.

He's a great football mind, and funny as hell. He has his fans and his detractors around here, but in the end he certainly spices things up, no matter the conversation.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2013, 11:29 AM
I have to assume Alex Smith/Kirk Ferentz.

:rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
01-01-2013, 11:30 AM

He said he'd leave for a year if Tebow won a playoff game.

crossbow
01-01-2013, 11:31 AM
I respect his opinions. Found them insightful and entertaining.

Strongside
01-01-2013, 11:32 AM
He said he'd leave for a year if Tebow won a playoff game.

Ouch. Seems like a safe bet...but one should never bet against the almighty.

alnorth
01-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Where has he been all this time?

Also, should we organize a parade?

This rocket scientist, without any prodding just out of the blue, posted the following:

If Denver wins today and it occurs without

A) Roethlisberger getting hurt

or

B) Denver forcing three or more TOs, I won't post for a year.

Why do people do that? Board ban bets are stupid enough, but whenever I see "if X happens, I wont post for Y", I just roll my eyes and think, "moron".

If you need to take a break from the board, have the self-discipline to F'ing post less.

Ming the Merciless
01-01-2013, 11:36 AM
I just wanna see pics of the little ones

Hootie
01-01-2013, 11:36 AM
one time I said "if Priest Holmes has 20 or more carries this year I'll never post again" trying to make a point that he was just trying to get one more payday...

well he ended up getting like 35 carries before he reinjured himself and then I became known as a huge welcher

I learned my lesson to not post the "I bet you a million dollar" bets.

crossbow
01-01-2013, 11:39 AM
This rocket scientist, without any prodding just out of the blue, posted the following:

Why do people do that? Board ban bets are stupid enough, but whenever I see "if X happens, I wont post for Y", I just roll my eyes and think, "moron".

If you need to take a break from the board, have the self-discipline to F'ing post less.

HaHA, glad I am not smart enough to make bets like that.

okcchief
01-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Hamas definitely brings some unique takes, and is entertaining as hell. Can't wait to see him unleash a year of rage.

tk13
01-01-2013, 11:41 AM
It won't be exciting unless an equally powerful supervillain arises on the board at the same time.

Imon Yourside
01-01-2013, 11:43 AM
It won't be exciting unless an equally powerful supervillain arises on the board at the same time.

They're lurking in the shadows.

Hootie
01-01-2013, 11:43 AM

we could just have someone turn heel

Hootie
01-01-2013, 11:44 AM
I'd say it's about time for a Clayton Wendler heel turn anyways.

alnorth
01-01-2013, 11:45 AM
one time I said "if Priest Holmes has 20 or more carries this year I'll never post again" trying to make a point that he was just trying to get one more payday...

well he ended up getting like 35 carries before he reinjured himself and then I became known as a huge welcher

At best, you get to beat your chest and exclaim "look at me, I was right, bow down!", to a crowd of people who largely don't care. You might get a couple people congratulate you, but most people will roll their eyes and say "whatever". Within a week, no one will remember. Would anyone have even raised an eyebrow if the Denver Tebows lost last year? No.

If it doesn't work out, everyone is laser-focused on your wager and you either have to not post for a while, or catch a lot of hell for it for a while.

Hootie
01-01-2013, 11:47 AM
agreed

I have no more interest in the "omg look at how right I was" shit. I throw out my opinion and expect some to agree and some to disagree and then I move on.

For instance, I still think Tony Romo is awesome.

Strongside
01-01-2013, 11:48 AM

Have you not seen all of the n00b posts recently!? My god. Maybe they'll all converge into one giant shut pile of a n00b villain.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2013, 11:48 AM

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2012/08/likeage.jpeg

Bowser
01-01-2013, 11:50 AM
For instance, I still think Tony Romo is awesome.

Heh, you're fishing here.

I'll go as far as saying Romo is good, even very good at times. But awesome? Not really. He just can't get it done in the biggest moments. Look no further than that last pick he threw against the Skins. You simply do NOT make that throw. "Awesome" QB's throw it away on that play.

All that being said, I'd take him now on the Chiefs, in a heartbeat.

Bowser
01-01-2013, 11:51 AM

He was a heel for a decade plus here. Let the guy enjoy a little fandom, lol.

Strongside
01-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Heh, you're fishing here.

I'll go as far as saying Romo is good, even very good at times. But awesome? Not really. He just can't get it done in the biggest moments. Look no further than that last pick he threw against the Skins. You simply do NOT make that throw. "Awesome" QB's throw it away on that play.

All that being said, I'd take him now on the Chiefs, in a heartbeat.

Hey you changed the avatar. Now every time you post ill think to myself...effin eh, cotton.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2013, 11:52 AM
when will Mecca return full time?

Hootie
01-01-2013, 11:54 AM
in order to be a successful villain you have to be able to find a DaneMcCloud or Hamas Jenkins weakness and be able to press into it and not let up regardless of how clever their rebuttal posts are

Hamas was VERY good at coming up with 'dig deep' insults. A good villain never lets his shield down. He keeps pressing regardless of how many LMAO direct quotes a Hamas Jenkins will get.

and you also have to drag them through their one big mistake at a constant rate...Hamas kryptonite was Vernon Gholston.

We saw Clay all over Dane this year with the "the Chiefs are so good they'll win 12 games despite Matt Cassel" post. Dane is a great babyface. He does not like when people go against him. He was not happy with Clay throwing that in his face this year. Clay understands how to play the villain.

WHICH IS WHY WE NEED A CLAY HEEL TURN

Clay. I want a corporate heel turn. From now on, Pioli is your guy. Go!

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Hamas holds out for a full year with a "bet" with himself, but Knowtard welches within a week on a simple bet.

Strongside
01-01-2013, 12:00 PM
in order to be a successful villain you have to be able to find a DaneMcCloud or Hamas Jenkins weakness and be able to press into it and not let up regardless of how clever their rebuttal posts are

Hamas was VERY good at coming up with 'dig deep' insults. A good villain never lets his shield down. He keeps pressing regardless of how many LMAO direct quotes a Hamas Jenkins will get.

and you also have to drag them through their one big mistake at a constant rate...Hamas kryptonite was Vernon Gholston.

We saw Clay all over Dane this year with the "the Chiefs are so good they'll win 12 games despite Matt Cassel" post. Dane is a great babyface. He does not like when people go against him. He was not happy with Clay throwing that in his face this year. Clay understands how to play the villain.

Clay, just create a mult...go split personality up in this bitch. People will know that it's basically satire, but who cares.

notorious
01-01-2013, 12:00 PM
It's been a year?

Fuck.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Blackbob vs. Hamas

Bowser
01-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Hey you changed the avatar. Now every time you post ill think to myself...effin eh, cotton.

Yeah, Romeo has been put out of our misery. Good enough guy, just in a bad situation here. He's earned his peace (from my avi, anyway).

Hammock Parties
01-01-2013, 12:06 PM

LMAO

I was warring with drafturbators over Haley and Pioli in 2009.

I'm sure these things will work themselves out naturally.

I'm already building up rage towards OnTheTardPath58 for his pre-emptive strikes against Clark Hunt's new HC hiring philosophy.

CLARK HUNT IS MY SWEET BABOO

Strongside
01-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Someone will naturally fall into the Hamas' nemesis role, I'm sure. There have been several newcomers since he left, myself included (though I lurked for about a year before joining, so I remember his posts). I'm not confrontational enough, but someone will step up.

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 12:08 PM
LMAO

I was warring with drafturbators over Haley and Pioli in 2009.

I'm sure these things will work themselves out naturally.

I'm already building up rage towards OnTheTardPath58 for his pre-emptive strikes against Clark Hunt's new HC hiring philosophy.

CLARK HUNT IS MY SWEET BABOO

Save the rage, tell me where you think I'm off base.

notorious
01-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Blackbob vs. Hamas

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/Supaflyw00t/curbstomp.gif

Bowser
01-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Blackbob vs. Hamas

http://images.wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/14-henderson-bisping-gif.gif

Strongside
01-01-2013, 12:12 PM
http://images.wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/14-henderson-bisping-gif.gif

This is still my favorite UFC knockout ever. Fuck Mike Bisping.

notorious
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4t9n8BMG31r9e26to1_r1_400.gif

Hammock Parties
Save the rage, tell me where you think I'm off base.

I just don't have a problem with it. You can win a SB that way.

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 12:19 PM
I just don't have a problem with it. You can win a SB that way.

You can win a SB in lots of ways. There's not set a blueprint.

But that doesn't change this:

My only concern is that he's painting himself into a corner.

By not firing Pioli outright, he creates three possible problems:

1.) Clark is forced to limit his HC search to guys who are capable of having control of personnel decisions.

This is a pretty small list to begin with, and you're already hearing rumblings from guys like Gruden, Cowher and Billick that they aren't interested in coming back. That pretty much leaves Andy Reid and Chip Kelly, who other teams are already fighting over, while we're wasting time with Dirk Koetter and a Rooney Rule candidate.

2.) Hiring a HC and not finding a quality GM.

For sake of conversation, lets say Clark hires Dirk Koetter. Who is the new GM? Guys like Ross, Gamble and Dorsey will either be long gone, or aren't going to be interested in a position in which they have no control over who the HC is. GM's expect to be able to hire a HC.

3.) Fuck me, but when Reid goes to Arizona or San Diego, and Kelly goes to Cleveland, and there's nothing left that satisfies the first option, and option two comes to fruition and Clark can't find a GM - what happens then?

We all know what happens then.

I know everyone is excited about Clark stepping out on a limb, and I am as well - but he could have stepped out on a thicker limb. I'm not seeing how throwing all your eggs in a Bill Cowher type basket is what is best for the organization.

I'm looking for some legitimate feedback. I'm hoping I've missed something.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Clark is setting his sights high on a top notch HC. I'm not gonna fault him for that. If he doesn't get it done, he doesn't get it done, and he deserves to be criticized.

Just gonna wait and see like I always do. The guy got the top GM candidate 4 years ago, I think he'll get his guy again.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Blackbob vs. Hamas

http://i.imgur.com/P8vQS.gif

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Clark is setting his sights high on a top notch HC. I'm not gonna fault him for that. If he doesn't get it done, he doesn't get it done, and he deserves to be criticized.

Just gonna wait and see like I always do. The guy got the top GM candidate 4 years ago, I think he'll get his guy again.

So in other words, you can't argue a single point I made, but hope that Clark knows what he's doing.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2013, 12:33 PM
So in other words, you can't argue a single point I made, but hope that Clark knows what he's doing.

I admit you have legit concerns.

If Clark fails at getting one one of his top HC targets, you're absolutely right.

I'm just not gonna cry about it until he does.

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 12:35 PM
I admit you have legit concerns.

If Clark fails at getting one one of his top HC targets, you're absolutely right.

I'm just not gonna cry about it until he does.

I'm far from crying about it.

But I'm legitimately concerned for sure.

I also find it humorous that the Planet is already starting to rationalize it - remember when guys like Gamble, Ross and Dorsey were desired as GM candidates?

Now people realize that's not happening, but they are OK with it.

Here's the thing - Clark Hunt can take a more hands-on approach with his franchise without painting himself into a corner by following this path.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 12:38 PM

Want else CAN we do?

Hammock Parties
01-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Sadly, I'm OK with anyone not named Pioli at this point.

Gonna give Clark a chance and let the chips fall.

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Want else CAN we do?

Well, I'm trying to have a discussion about it.

He's the one that implied I was way off base with the above "rage" quote, yet when pressed, can't argue any of my points.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 12:41 PM

He's the one that implied I was way off base with the above "rage" quote, yet when pressed, can't argue any of my points.

Ah. Sorry.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2013, 12:44 PM
They're legit points. But it's kind of like saying "oh no, it risky" in the same way drafting a franchise QB is.

Ultra Peanut
01-01-2013, 12:50 PM

Not posting on here is a gift you can give to yourself.

Check it out: If the snow outside this house doesn't melt in the next five minutes, I won't post on here for TWENTY YEARS

Setsuna
01-01-2013, 12:52 PM

Check it out: If the snow outside this house doesn't melt in the next five minutes, I won't post on here for TWENTY YEARS

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/wesa2j06/well_bye.jpg

Bowser
01-01-2013, 12:53 PM

You sound like a fan that has been absolutely beat down, and is pretty unhappy with the direction this team *may* be headed.

I'm in no way saying you're wrong to feel this way. It's just a sad sign of what this team has become when its long time knowledgable fans reach this point.

Your concerns are legit. The sad part is that these concerns were the first thing to spring to your mind when Pioli wasn't immediately shown the door. Why? Becasue we've all come to expect the Cheifs to not do the right thing. That is the tradgedy of being a Chiefs fan in 2013. We expect the worst to happen. Hell, we have the first pick in the draft, and there isn't a one of us that hasn't had the thought that they are completely going to screw the pooch with the pick. It's frustrating.

On a personal note, 2010 did me in with heavy emotional attachment to the Chiefs. 2010 was a complete and total mirage, and I bought in completely. After the shit years of Herm I almost mailed it in, then Pioli and Haley show up, win a division, and it looked like the Chiefs had hope. But even before the Ravens playoff game, the Raiders absolutely exposed us. I gave up letting myself be tied to this team after that playoff game.

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 12:54 PM
They're legit points. But it's kind of like saying "oh no, it risky" in the same way drafting a franchise QB is.

No, it's not at all.

Drafting a franchise QB is damn near necessary to win a Championship.

Putting all your eggs in Bill Cowher's (or Billick, Gruden, etc) basket and hoping he says yes is far from necessary.

Ultra Peanut
01-01-2013, 12:55 PM

Check it out: If the snow outside this house doesn't melt in the next five minutes, I won't post on here for TWENTY YEARSWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PEACE OUT

http://i.minus.com/iNnuuHvPwkeRU.gif

Bowser
01-01-2013, 12:55 PM

*imagining Ultra Peanut furiously melting snow with hair dryer this very second*

Ultra Peanut
01-01-2013, 12:57 PM
*imagining Ultra Peanut furiously melting snow with hair dryer this very second*
More like spreading around packing peanuts to cover any gaps the snow isn't covering.

... wait FUCK. I guess I'll keep posting but that doesn't mean I have to like it!

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 12:58 PM
You sound like a fan that has been absolutely beat down, and is pretty unhappy with the direction this team *may* be headed.

I'm in no way saying you're wrong to feel this way. It's just a sad sign of what this team has become when its long time knowledgable fans reach this point.

Your concerns are legit. The sad part is that these concerns were the first thing to spring to your mind when Pioli wasn't immediately shown the door. Why? Becasue we've all come to expect the Cheifs to not do the right thing. That is the tradgedy of being a Chiefs fan in 2013. We expect the worst to happen. Hell, we have the first pick in the draft, and there isn't a one of us that hasn't had the thought that they are completely going to screw the pooch with the pick. It's frustrating.

On a personal note, 2010 did me in with heavy emotional attachment to the Chiefs. 2010 was a complete and total mirage, and I bought in completely. After the shit years of Herm I almost mailed it in, then Pioli and Haley show up, win a division, and it looked like the Chiefs had hope. But even before the Ravens playoff game, the Raiders absolutely exposed us. I gave up letting myself be tied to this team after that playoff game.

I'm not expecting anything specific to happen. But I think my post shows that if you use a little common sense, there are really only two or three things that could happen.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2013, 01:00 PM
there are really only two or three things that could happen.

Like throwing the football?

RISKY

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Like throwing the football?

RISKY

:spock:

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 01:03 PM
No, it's not at all.

Drafting a franchise QB is damn near necessary to win a Championship.

Putting all your eggs in Bill Cowher's (or Billick, Gruden, etc) basket and hoping he says yes is far from necessary.

What if he's already said yes and they're just checking off the Rooney rule and working on paperwork?

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 01:04 PM
What if he's already said yes and they're just checking off the Rooney rule and working on paperwork?

As Deez and I mentioned earlier, that pretty much has to be the hope at this point.

Because the alternative isn't good.

Setsuna
01-01-2013, 01:06 PM
More like spreading around packing peanuts to cover any gaps the snow isn't covering.

... wait ****. I guess I'll keep posting but that doesn't mean I have to like it!

Welcher...:harumph:

Pasta Little Brioni
01-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Will he come back as Matrix? Maybe he'll return as heel.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Will he come back as Matrix? Maybe he'll return as heel.

Hamas the Gray, that was what they used to call me.

I am Hamas the White.

http://randomgeekings.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/gandalf_the_white.jpg

ILChief
01-01-2013, 02:09 PM

Once Pioli is fired, his face work is done

Ultra Peanut
01-01-2013, 03:24 PM
C'mon you philistines, everyone should recognize that he's always been a tweener. Sometimes he fights the faces, sometimes he fights the heels.

Hamas, on the other hand, is the classic cool heel and I'm buying his shirt the minute he re-debuts (probably in a run-in to punt a true fan's head).

4 4 4 4 LYFE

ClevelandBronco
01-01-2013, 03:34 PM

Massive ego, small penis.

whoman69
01-01-2013, 03:59 PM

You've just described most of CP membership

Hootie
01-01-2013, 04:02 PM
C'mon you philistines, everyone should recognize that he's always been a tweener. Sometimes he fights the faces, sometimes he fights the heels.

Hamas, on the other hand, is the classic cool heel and I'm buying his shirt the minute he re-debuts (probably in a run-in to punt a true fan's head).

4 4 4 4 LYFE

so Dane is our babyface?

Mi_chief_fan
01-01-2013, 04:45 PM

You've just described most of CP membership

No, just donk, faider & charger fans.

tooge
01-01-2013, 04:51 PM
I didn't realize he was exiled, so I guess my response to this news is meh.

Baby Lee
01-01-2013, 05:00 PM
I didn't realize he was exiled, so I guess my response to this news is 'Was he that great big fat person?'

FYP - can't help it.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Three days.

http://i.imgur.com/kpMrx.gif

Iowanian
01-05-2013, 09:02 PM
bfd

crazycoffey
01-06-2013, 09:48 AM

I think I actually had the opposite bet about priest, lol

crazycoffey
01-06-2013, 09:53 AM

This surprised you?

notorious
01-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Hamas is free. Don't drag him back down to us.

Chief Roundup
01-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Does Hamas come back or will he stay away?

okcchief
01-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Hoping for an epic thread today.

Hammock Parties
01-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Does Hamas come back or will he stay away?

The Hamas has to come back.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/522/60872589.jpg

Predarat
01-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Where is he????

Hammock Parties
01-07-2013, 12:57 PM
One more day.

Rausch
01-07-2013, 12:59 PM
The Hamas has to come back.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/522/60872589.jpg

Ah fuck.

Great. We'll find out it's yet another of your downstairs-personalities...

DeezNutz
01-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Is he aware of this countdown? Will he show? Has he prepped his True Fan draft notes to explain the need for a franchise LG?

Reerun_KC
01-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Is he aware of this countdown? Will he show? Has he prepped his True Fan draft notes to explain the need for a franchise LG?

My guess he is still reviewing his Vernon Gholston workout tapes...

Deberg_1990
01-07-2013, 01:02 PM
He will show. Im sure hes lurked all year.

-King-
01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
He won't show.

Pushead2
01-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Why did he leave in the first place again?!

-King-
01-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Menstrual cycle.

Buehler445
01-07-2013, 02:46 PM

Teblows won a playoff game without Rapelisberger getting hurt or turning the ball over 3 times.

Rausch
01-07-2013, 02:58 PM
He will show. Im sure hes lurked all year.

He's got more ballz than Gochiefs then...