PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Player Needs for 2013.

Micjones
01-01-2013, 05:09 PM
What positions need to be addressed in 2013?

QB, WR, FS, ILB, CB?

Thoughts?

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Chiefs could use a QB I hear

Chief77
01-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Backup Center

jd1020
01-01-2013, 05:15 PM
1st round: QB
2nd round: BPA
3rd round: QB
4-7: BPA

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Obviously QB is priority 1, and maybe 2-3.

This is a passing league, so CB is probably next, followed very closely by WR. If we lose Bowe, swap those two positions.

Those are absolute musts.

After that, safety, defensive line and ILB depth. Need some OL depth as well.

ArrowheadMagic
01-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Safety, OL depth, depth everywhere.

DeezNutz
01-01-2013, 05:25 PM
QB. WR. TE. T.

Everything becomes about surrounding that n00b with talent. We should be able to find a serviceable CB in FA.

Ceej
01-01-2013, 05:27 PM
QB. WR. TE. T.

Everything becomes about surrounding that n00b with talent. We should be able to find a serviceable CB in FA.

I think this is being overlooked by most.

Are there any viable TE options in FA?

Isn't Fred Davis a FA this year?

Even though he's hurt just as much as Moeaki is he is very intriguing.

mcaj22
01-01-2013, 05:28 PM

This is a passing league, so CB is probably next, followed very closely by WR. If we lose Bowe, swap those two positions.

ILB depth?

we need a starting ILB. since ya know...

Chief77
01-01-2013, 05:32 PM

A TE that could reliable get open and make plays would be huge. Find one that could set the edge on the perimeter running game for Charles would be a homerun.

keg in kc
01-01-2013, 05:32 PM
#1 and #2 priorities need to be retaining Bowe and Albert (if the back issue isn't chronic).

Obvious needs, regardless of the systems on O and D next year: QB, CB2, WR

System will dictate: DE (especially w/o Dorsey), ILB/MLB

Depth: OL, TE, S/DB

My personal choice would be to replace McCluster completely on offense with a legit speed receiver in the slot, someone preferably at least 5'10 with 4.4 or better speed, and to replace Arenas completely in the return game (could feasibly be Wylie on the returns, but I'm not sold). It just doesn't feel like we have a threat to break one on offense aside from Charles, and not at all on returns.

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 05:33 PM
ILB depth?

we need a starting ILB. since ya know...

I have no problem with Siler starting there, as long as we fill other holes.

ArrowheadMagic
01-01-2013, 05:33 PM

Deep threat can open the field for just about any TE. If Brandon Myers can be a threat, shouldnt need to go out and get a bigger name. Using Charles more in the passing game could open the TE up.

Ceej
01-01-2013, 05:34 PM
A TE that could reliable get open and make plays would be huge. Find one that could set the edge on the perimeter running game for Charles would be a homerun.

Agreed. Moeaki isn't that guy. Great draft pick, by the way.

Any stud TE's coming out in the draft?

Any suitable TE's in FA?

I'm not advocating taking a TE in rounds 1-3, but 4 or later -- a guy who can stay healthy, catch the ball, and stretch the middle of the field and I'm gung ho!

ArrowheadMagic
01-01-2013, 05:35 PM

Watching that guy live, is a different story.. Could use an upgrade. Of course, dl allowing guys to run amok on the 2nd level..affects that.

DeezNutz
01-01-2013, 05:35 PM
We need a TE who can stay on the field. And while I've loved the philosophy of trading up for sub-par ones, this is actually a draft where a really talented one might be there in round 2.

mcaj22
01-01-2013, 05:37 PM

brandon siler might be worse than kendrick lewis at his position

it's close.

you can literally draft a ILB in the 5th round to come in and instantly be an upgrade over Siler. It doesn't take much to find a starter than better than what we have. (this is of course pending on if the person drafting is not named Scooter Pioli, because Scooter will just draft some white LBer from Nowhere State that doesnt make the team after training camp)

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Watching that guy live, is a different story.. Could use an upgrade. Of course, dl allowing guys to run amok on the 2nd level..affects that.

We could use an upgrade at every position but RB1 and OLB.

Some of those upgrades are more necessary than others, and I think Siler is pretty low on the list, considering our WR corp, our DB's, our DL, etc.

ArrowheadMagic
01-01-2013, 05:38 PM
And while I've loved the philosophy of trading up for sub-par ones,

heh,

the Talking Can
01-01-2013, 05:40 PM
QB. WR. TE. T.

word

once we draft a QB, we need to spend at least the next two picks on playmakers for him...a WR, a TE, and maybe even a RB if one drops, to spell Charles and provide insurance god forbid...

supporting the QB is draft priority #1

mcaj22
01-01-2013, 05:43 PM
you mean Baldwin and McCluster arent talent for our rookie QB

well I never....

mcaj22
01-01-2013, 05:48 PM
i dare say you are going to need at least 1 veteran or rookie olineman to push some of these guys. Stephenson and Jeff Allen were fucking horrible this year and if they go into next year with no competition at their positions (Lilja retired, potential of losing Albert because who knows if we will get a GM by fucking February or not at this point) They will need a guard or a tackle to come in and not let these guys just coast as starters, because that could really stunt their progression and they could be worse than they were this year. And our QB will get slaughtered

Shox
01-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Travis Kelch TE Cinn

This guy will be 5th rounder and could be the best pro TE coming out of this draft. Cinn does not use the TE in the passing game so his stats are very good. But, if you watched there bowl game he made a huge play in crunch time. Ran a go route and went right by the defender to catch a TD and get a victory for the Bearcats.

I hope the Chiefs get him in the 5th.

I would also love them to sign Delanie Walker.

NJChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 05:54 PM

Yes. IF Albert and Bowe happen to be resigned, CB would be the clear 2nd issue for KC. If Bowe leaves then its WR. Probably DL after that. I would like upgrades at ILB and Safety, but I don't think we are completely fucked if an average vet is playing ILB with our group of LB's. Same with Lewis at safety if we actually upgrade the CB position.

Ceej
01-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Delanie Walker is very under-rated.

Seems like he can run really well for a TE and seems like he knows how to make a big play when necessary.

Micjones
01-01-2013, 06:02 PM

ILB depth? We need a starter don't we?
Do we really want Brandon Siler there next season?

We'll also need to be creative with where we obtain the help.
If we need starters at QB, ILB, CB, WR...It'd be nice if they weren't all young guys.

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 06:16 PM
We have a shit-tastic DL, nothing at CB after Flowers, nothing at safety after Berry, and people are worried about Brandon Siler?

Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

Can he be upgraded? Sure, just like every other position not manned by Jamaal Charles, Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, Brandon Flowers and Eric Berry.

Some of the better ILB's in this league are late round picks or UDFA's.

ILB is the LAST position we need to spend significant resources on.

NJChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 06:20 PM
I believe Siler needs to be resigned first even if we were OK having him.

J Diddy
01-01-2013, 06:30 PM
We have a shit-tastic DL, nothing at CB after Flowers, nothing at safety after Berry, and people are worried about Brandon Siler?

Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

Can he be upgraded? Sure, just like every other position not manned by Jamaal Charles, Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, Brandon Flowers and Eric Berry.

What we need to do is target all the top draft picks and slip them some drugs before their drug tests so their stock will drop ala Houston.We do this and trade that first for a ton of draft picks and pick them all in the late rounds.

Fish in a barrel. Fish in a barrel.

Saccopoo
01-01-2013, 06:31 PM
What positions need to be addressed in 2013?

QB, WR, FS, ILB, CB?

Thoughts?

Yep.

Micjones
01-01-2013, 06:31 PM

Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

We at least have a guy to play Corner behind Flowers. I can name two.
Two guys who are at least serviceable.

You name two guys who can play ILB behind Siler.

Siler is the guy who was playing behind the other guy EVERYBODY thought we should replace.

Starting ILB is a position of need just like CB and WR.

htismaqe
01-01-2013, 06:34 PM
LUKE JOECKEL /thread

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2013, 06:35 PM
LUKE JOECKEL /thread

ROFL

Might as well follow up with an ILB in Round 2.

jd1020
01-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Wasn't Menzie suppose to be used as a safety?

Are we throwing him out before he actually plays?

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 06:37 PM
i dare say you are going to need at least 1 veteran or rookie olineman to push some of these guys. Stephenson and Jeff Allen were fucking horrible this year and if they go into next year with no competition at their positions (Lilja retired, potential of losing Albert because who knows if we will get a GM by fucking February or not at this point) They will need a guard or a tackle to come in and not let these guys just coast as starters, because that could really stunt their progression and they could be worse than they were this year. And our QB will get slaughtered

Do you propose to protect our QB with rookie offensive linemen?

We had a chance to build up the lines. It could look very good if we keep Albert. If we don't, then we're fucked.

We'll need to scour free agency to find replacement starters. I don't trust 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round rookies to protect my new QB or push Stephenson and Allen. Get a veteran in here to push the young guys. If they get replaced, you at least know the guy coming in has experience and will commit far fewer fuckups.

ArrowheadMagic

Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

Agree that he is the least of our worries along the front 7. Also think scheme had a hand in our problems.

ArrowheadMagic
ROFL

Can never have enough lineman.

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Wasn't Menzie suppose to be used as a safety?

Are we throwing him out before he actually plays?

Menzie was drafted to be worthless. He was supposed to be a tweener CB/S who could play nickel. Kind of like how we drafted two OTs in the 2nd and 3rd round when we needed help at a LOT of other positions.

That's the thing about depth. You don't draft shitty guys to play depth positions. You draft hardcore athletes with the potential to be starters for your depth. That's what we haven't done for four years under Pioli, and that's the biggest struggle the new coach is going to have in turning the team around.

mcaj22
01-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Do you propose to protect our QB with rookie offensive linemen?

We had a chance to build up the lines. It could look very good if we keep Albert. If we don't, then we're ****ed.

We'll need to scour free agency to find replacement starters. I don't trust 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round rookies to protect my new QB or push Stephenson and Allen. Get a veteran in here to push the young guys. If they get replaced, you at least know the guy coming in has experience and will commit far fewer ****ups.

you lost Lilja and Albert is up in the air, I'm not saying spend a Scott Pioli vintage 2nd or 3rd round pick on an olineman

but they might have to bring in a veteran starter to not let guys like Jeff Allen and Stephenson coast to NO competition at their positions in only their 2nd year

because both were terrible as rookies.

SAUTO
01-01-2013, 06:46 PM
ROFL

Hell might as well trade up to two and take teo also.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink
01-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Because as many of you have stated and I agree with that this is a pass first league and especially in our division with Manning,Rivers and Palmer staring down our defense, where did our D rank in sacks this year?

QB's were waaaaaaaaaay to comfortable in the pocket against us this year IMO. As someone stated in another thread, we need QBs and Pass rushers which were the essential positions needed to win SB's especially in the 4th qrt according to Bill Walsh.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-01-2013, 06:53 PM
So in the second we should be targeting???

Vaccarro, Reid, Minter, Eifert, Elam, Hopkins, Austin, Woods, Banks, Poyer, Ertz, Hunter, Rhodes

Not bad options.

Pin Head
01-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Everywhere. This team is top-heavy with no depth or talent outside the top 10 players. Also, Flowers, Johnson and Hali are already in 2nd contracts. Houston and Berry have two more years to go. Bad news to have to resign those two in the same off season. Houston will be expensive coming off a 3rd round contract.

ChiTown
01-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Fullback

/Titus

BWillie
01-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Everyone except for Jamaal Charles, Justin Houston, and Derrick Johnson.

ModSocks
01-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Everyone except for Jamaal Charles, Justin Houston, and Derrick Johnson.

How quickly a fan base can turn on a player....

Buckweath
01-02-2013, 02:45 PM
In order of importance and assuming we keep both Bowe and Albert:

QB, CB, WR, DL (who can passrush)

Unless it's a clear case of BPA, I don't think we need to replace Kendrick Lewis at FS. Sure, the guy was poor this year but he was good in his rookie season in coverage and he might come back to that level, which is decent. Let's not forget too that the Chiefs pass D was top 10 the last two years so don't act like Lewis is hurting the D that much. You get a good corner to pair up with Flowers, you get Berry back to form and you add a 3-4 end who can passrush and the defense can be great IMO.