PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ****Official Andy Reid Fan Club****

Crush
01-01-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm officially on board. Come on to KC, you big fat mustached Mormon. There is no deliverance in the desert. Who is with me?

Quesadilla Joe
01-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Too fat/omaha

Mr_Tomahawk
01-01-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm in.

Crush
01-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Too fat/omaha

A toothpick would be too fat for Omaha.

aturnis
01-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Fuck Reid... Let's watch him fail elsewhere.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-01-2013, 08:44 PM
**** Reid... Let's watch him fail elsewhere.

Cute signature...

MotherfuckerJones
01-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Im in!!

I.e. Anyone with a fucking stanzi signature doesnt deserve to post. There should be a kiddy table forum and youre the head of it

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2013, 08:46 PM
There isn't a single candidate out there now that excites me.

I like Reid, but I'm far from thrilled about him.

LiveSteam
01-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Hell no!

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Fuck Reid... Let's watch him fail elsewhere.

Yeah, time to lose the sig.

AussieChiefsFan
In

Hoover
Yep

Mr_Tomahawk
01-01-2013, 08:49 PM
I'm fine picking from the Packers tree...

okcchief
01-01-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm good with Reid.

LiveSteam
01-01-2013, 08:51 PM
As GM or coach? Id be ok with him as a GM. but I think hes burned out as a headcoach. JMO

MotherfuckerJones
01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
How could you not be ok? Who is better? Gruden maybe that's it. Atleast for the realistic hires. Lovie smith isnt better, Chip Kelly is an unknown.

Reid had 3 losing seasons in 14 years

Mr_Tomahawk
01-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Andy Reid will interview with the Cardinals tomorrow.

LiveSteam
01-01-2013, 08:54 PM
I will take a unknown wanna-be, before a proven loser any day. Fuck that retread bullshit

Did we not learn anything from the last 2 out of 3 head coaching highers?

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Andy Reid will interview with the Cardinals tomorrow.

95%?

MotherfuckerJones
01-01-2013, 08:56 PM
I will take a unknown wanna-be, before a proven loser any day. **** that retread bullshit

Proven loser? He had fucking 3 losing seasons in 14 years. ROFL

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2013, 08:56 PM
I will take a unknown wanna-be, before a proven loser any day. Fuck that retread bullshit

Proven loser?

Did you like when Marty was hired 23 yrs ago?

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-01-2013, 08:57 PM
95%?

What are you gonna say when Reid goes to the Cards and Adam was right?

MotherfuckerJones
01-01-2013, 08:58 PM

Not a done deal yet but probably oh well doesnt hurt my feelings

wazu
01-01-2013, 08:58 PM
How could you not be ok? Who is better? Gruden maybe that's it. Atleast for the realistic hires. Lovie smith isnt better, Chip Kelly is an unknown.

Reid had 3 losing seasons in 14 years

I'd go with Reid before Gruden. I have a feeling that Gruden will be given a lot more power wherever he goes than he has ever had, and it is going to be a recipe for complete implosion.

Molitoth
01-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Kelly then reid

LiveSteam
01-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Proven loser?

Did you like when Marty was hired 23 yrs ago?

I didnt watch or care about KC football back then. 2 out of the last 3 coaches were retreads that SUCKED! Why do that again? Andy as GM? Hell yes, thats a know brain-er, But him as a coach. Im sorry I think hes burnt out. I am entitled to my opinion

MotherfuckerJones
01-01-2013, 09:01 PM
I didnt watch or care about KC football back then. 2 out of the last 3 coaches were retreads that SUCKED! Why do that again? Andy as GM? Hell yes, thats a know brain-er, But him as a coach. Im sorry I think hes burnt out. I am entitled to my opinion

See youre wrong! Thats even worse! The Eagles owner came out and said he wasnt happy with his personnel evaluating

Mr_Tomahawk
01-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Kelly then reid

I'd prefer this...but sounds like Clark wants a HC with a proven professional track record...IE. Ried, Cowher, Gruden...

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2013, 09:03 PM

Not a damn thing because I don't give a shit what he says.

Why are you hanging from his junk?

Brock
01-01-2013, 09:03 PM

Reid is a poor judge of talent.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Not a damn thing because I don't give a shit what he says.

Why are you hanging from his junk?

Not he's the best in the Business for a reason.

Crush
01-01-2013, 09:06 PM
I'd prefer this...but sounds like Clark wants a HC with a proven professional track record...IE. Ried, Cowher, Gruden...

This

The ideal coach that Clark described is either Reid, Cowher, Gruden, or Billick.

LiveSteam
01-01-2013, 09:11 PM
See youre wrong! Thats even worse! The Eagles owner came out and said he wasnt happy with his personnel evaluating

Im ok with that. I dnt know NFL football like a lot of you, I addmit that.
But what I do know is what it feels like to have the team you love,live & die for BEING THE BEST. BEING CROWNED! No words can describe that feeling. Its something that has to be experienced. & its something I want all KC fans to experience . Not for me. Ive seen the top of the mountain.
I think KC fan is the best in the NFL & it pisses me off to no end watching this same fucking bull shit year after year.
If Andy is the answer? by all means get him here

Exoter175
01-01-2013, 09:12 PM
This

The ideal coach that Clark described is either Reid, Cowher, Gruden, or Billick.

Cowher or Gruden.

Billick isn't coming back unless he's getting a deal he couldn't refuse, and Reid is a little overhyped as a GM for me to be okay with.

The guy on everyone's radar that will NEVER move unless the opportunity is right, more than even Gruden, Billick, or Cowher, is Kirk Ferentz. The league goes full blown gayaids for Ferentz, and rightly so. Of all the guys out there to legitimately rebuild a team for the next 4-5 years, Ferentz is the guy to do it, and the people will love him for it. He's got the perfect attitude and PR skillset to milk KC into letting him have the time and support he needs to put this team together.

RunKC
01-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Not he's the best in the Business for a reason.

Jay Glazer is better.

I stopped trusting the ESPN clowns after they went with Athan's story about Ratty being in KC.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Reid + Wilson.

mcaj22
01-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Cowher or Gruden.

Billick isn't coming back unless he's getting a deal he couldn't refuse, and Reid is a little overhyped as a GM for me to be okay with.

The guy on everyone's radar that will NEVER move unless the opportunity is right, more than even Gruden, Billick, or Cowher, is Kirk Ferentz. The league goes full blown gayaids for Ferentz, and rightly so. Of all the guys out there to legitimately rebuild a team for the next 4-5 years, Ferentz is the guy to do it, and the people will love him for it. He's got the perfect attitude and PR skillset to milk KC into letting him have the time and support he needs to put this team together.

this is a ****ing REAL post on this forum

holy ****ing wow.

Hate on Andy Reid but support crappy ass piece of shit Kirk Ferentz. This place is a god damn zoo right now

MotherfuckerJones
01-01-2013, 09:17 PM

holy ****ing wow.

Hate on Andy Reid but support crappy ass piece of shit Kirk Ferentz. This place is a god damn zoo right now

OMFG if Clark hired Ferentz? haha. Anyone who supports the Ferentz hire should be banned

mcaj22
01-01-2013, 09:18 PM
seriously Kirk Ferentz is the biggest piece of shit stain garbage that could be hired and ensures a free pass for Scooter Pioli

fuck that nonsense

Exoter175
01-01-2013, 09:21 PM

holy ****ing wow.

I'm sorry, I must have forgotten the part where Iowa has produced the top 5 most draft picks in the last decade or so. Clearly it wasn't Ferentz's doing, he doesn't know how to scout players, use players, or coach players or anything.

I mean, he's so bad, he somehow milked the University of Iowa into a 10 year contract extension loaded with incentives making him a top 10, perhaps top 5 paid head coach in all of college football.

Because he's bad, right?

The guy is an absolute perfect fit for this city, and our drafts would be so fucking impressive it hurts. Say what you will about him "running players into the ground", but if you've watched Iowa Football since he's taken over, he's won. Won many bowl games, and he's taken "who" players, and turned them into some of the best players in college football, at least in terms of production.

KC kid
01-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Reid is one of the candidates I would be ok with

SAUTO
01-01-2013, 09:23 PM

That he had a post later that waffled?

I mean it's true.

He has said 95 percent a done deal. Then he said it isn't anywhere close.

Easy to look like "the best in the business" if you say both options
Posted via Mobile Device

Exoter175
seriously Kirk Ferentz is the biggest piece of shit stain garbage that could be hired and ensures a free pass for Scooter Pioli

fuck that nonsense

Fuck Pioli. I don't care about the connection, fuck Pioli right in the face. Ferentz is a great coach and we could use him, but I'd never take him if it meant Pioli would stay.

NJChiefsFan

Already been proven wrong. His own tweets following that prove it. Andy signing with ARI doesn't prove Adam was right. The point is he was claiming it was 95% done when that wasn't the case.

RunKC
01-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Andy Reid fits so well here. He's a winner who produces, brings instant credibility, wanted to draft some of our players the last few years, has a great relationship with Mark Donovan and he gets his choice of a QB with the first pick.

DON'T FUCK THIS UP CLARK

bricks
01-01-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm on board. I think he'll be a good fit here.

I don't think you're gonna find a better head coach in the market right now that has a history of success, wealth and experience with QBs. Since it is a good possibility that KC will draft a QB, having a head coach with those type of credentials is a must imo.

He is one of the better coaches at effectively strategizing and establishing a passing game. His passing offenses have always been good;yet KC's have been terrible over the last 5-7 years. So he'll satisfy that need for sure.

*Lastly, I feel he is a winner. This season was hard on him especially after his son passed away. It's not easy to coach given those situations or circumstances. It's hard to tell whether he needs a break from the game or just a change of scenery from Philly.

mcaj22
01-01-2013, 09:40 PM
**** Pioli. I don't care about the connection, **** Pioli right in the face. Ferentz is a great coach and we could use him, but I'd never take him if it meant Pioli would stay.

they are like best friends lol

Exoter175
01-01-2013, 09:41 PM
they are like best friends lol

That isn't an exactly accurate rumor there lol

FloridaMan88
01-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Bruce Arians is my preferred choice, but in the category of big name past HC's (i.e. Cowher, Billick, Gruden, etc.), Reid would be my #1 choice.

mcaj22
01-01-2013, 09:45 PM

rumor?

so you think Pioli and Ferentz being good pals for like 20+ years is a ....

rumor

that's a joke right?

LiveSteam
01-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Ferentz’s total annual compensation under the new agreement will be $3,675,000. This total is comprised of annual base income of $1.87 million, an increase of $250,000, and annual supplemental compensation of $1.48 million, an increase of $80,000. Ferentz will also receive annual longevity compensation beginning in 2010. That amount starts at $325,000 and increases annually.

Hes going nowhere

SAUTO
01-01-2013, 09:50 PM
rumor?

rumor

that's a joke right?

I lol'd. I mean he WAS kidding, I think...
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22
01-01-2013, 09:52 PM
I actually think he wants Ferentz, he put Ferentz in with the likes of Cowher, Billick, Reid, etc and used the basis of "he produced some Iowa players in the NFL" as a reason why he would be good for the Chiefs.

FloridaMan88
01-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Ferentz’s total annual compensation under the new agreement will be $3,675,000. This total is comprised of annual base income of $1.87 million, an increase of $250,000, and annual supplemental compensation of $1.48 million, an increase of $80,000. Ferentz will also receive annual longevity compensation beginning in 2010. That amount starts at $325,000 and increases annually.

Hes going nowhere

Only in Fat Scott's mind is Ferentz a viable NFL HC candidate.

His Iowa teams have been mediocre and horrible on offense the past few years.

NJChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 09:53 PM

Cool. Give someone shit for their grammar, claim you are quite intelligent, and then fire out this sentence.

mcaj22
01-01-2013, 09:53 PM
lol

LiveSteam
01-01-2013, 09:55 PM
This man is available

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/553189_443603049028705_1097498298_n.jpg

AussieChiefsFan
01-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
After turning over some rocks tonight, seems like no sure thing Andy Reid lands in Arizona. Might happen. We'll see.

Dave Lane
01-01-2013, 11:20 PM

He pretty much has to, given the fact that he wants to sell season tickets

RealSNR
01-01-2013, 11:24 PM
I love making fat jokes. Romeo was fat and all, but he wasn't "Holy fuck are you going to have a heart attack" fat.

Andy Reid is that kind of fat. After he develops Geno into a top 3 QB and we start winning playoff games I'm going to enjoy making wisecracks about his weight in a loving affectionate way.

Exoter175
01-01-2013, 11:59 PM
rumor?

rumor

that's a joke right?

You said Best Friends, I'm just getting technical with you :D

And they've known eachother since 93ish, I doubt they've been "best friends" for 20+ years. Its just part of the business. Being a long time Iowa homer, you'd think I'd know about Pioli and Ferentz being best buddies, going to strip clubs and drinking beer together.

I lol'd. I mean he WAS kidding, I think...
Posted via Mobile Device

Slightly joking, mostly being technical.

I actually think he wants Ferentz, he put Ferentz in with the likes of Cowher, Billick, Reid, etc and used the basis of "he produced some Iowa players in the NFL" as a reason why he would be good for the Chiefs.

I do want Ferentz, he's a fucking amazing coach. Runs an offense similar to what we run here, great coach, great motivator, great results driven kind of guy, and has a knack for putting decent teams together with little to no recruitment due to the awesome nature of Michigan, Ohio State, and now Nebraska being in the conference.

That is probably the most overlooked detail of all. He puts somewhat competitive teams together with nothing in the recruitment department, almost all of his recruits are fairly local, and towards the end of the Stanzi years, half of the guys on offense played QB at the High School level. The guy can work some serious magic in terms of bringing in talent and developing talent. And if this team is to be a run first offense, who better than Kirk Ferentz to run it?

Only in Fat Scott's mind is Ferentz a viable NFL HC candidate.

His Iowa teams have been mediocre and horrible on offense the past few years.

Yeah, totally. I mean he didn't win bowl games with stanzi in '08, '09, and '10 or anything. All the while doing it with next to nothing for recruitment by comparison to Ohio State and Michigan.:rolleyes:

Cool. Give someone shit for their grammar, claim you are quite intelligent, and then fire out this sentence.

Discern the difference between sarcastic technicalities, and seriousness. It'll go a long way.

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Discern the difference between sarcastic technicalities, and seriousness. It'll go a long way.

Um, bullshit.

Exoter175
01-02-2013, 12:18 AM
Um, bullshit.

"Um, Bullshit", isn't exactly a fitting response here.

I like to argue technicalities like I'm collecting pokemon bro, anytime I hear some asshat say Pioli and Ferentz are "best friends", I love to shoot that bullshit down. Just because they worked together and kept touch on a professional level, does not make them best friends.

And trust me, the media loves to spin it that way at times, because the media wants to be the "first" to claim something on the reporting side of speculation, a la Glazer, Teicher, Mortensen, and Schefter lol.

Its only natural for a news outlet to say that they are BFF's because Pioli is KC's GM for the next few weeks, and Ferentz worked with him in Cleveland, and happens to be the hottest commodity in college-> NFL HC recruitment for the last decade. Its only natural that people throw shit against a wall hoping for it to stick.

Ferentz would NEVER, and you can quote me on this, NEVER take a Head Coaching position with Scott Pioli as the GM. Print it.

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2013, 12:23 AM
"Um, Bullshit", isn't exactly a fitting response here.

I like to argue technicalities like I'm collecting pokemon bro, anytime I hear some asshat say Pioli and Ferentz are "best friends", I love to shoot that bullshit down. Just because they worked together and kept touch on a professional level, does not make them best friends.

And trust me, the media loves to spin it that way at times, because the media wants to be the "first" to claim something on the reporting side of speculation, a la Glazer, Teicher, Mortensen, and Schefter lol.

Its only natural for a news outlet to say that they are BFF's because Pioli is KC's GM for the next few weeks, and Ferentz worked with him in Cleveland, and happens to be the hottest commodity in college-> NFL HC recruitment for the last decade. Its only natural that people throw shit against a wall hoping for it to stick.

Ferentz would NEVER, and you can quote me on this, NEVER take a Head Coaching position with Scott Pioli as the GM. Print it.

I don't care about your opinion of Ferentz, I was pointing out the irony of you calling out somebody for grammar and then throwing up a post that lacked some. The bullshit was a response to your excuse for it. I don't really care to argue about this anymore considering how stupid it is. You have been agreeing with the potential of drafting Teo and getting Lovie Smith. I couldn't disagree more with either of them. I have no desire to talk about it anymore.

Exoter175
01-02-2013, 12:34 AM
I don't care about your opinion of Ferentz, I was pointing out the irony of you calling out somebody for grammar and then throwing up a post that lacked some. The bullshit was a response to your excuse for it. I don't really care to argue about this anymore considering how stupid it is. You have been agreeing with the potential of drafting Teo and getting Lovie Smith. I couldn't disagree more with either of them. I have no desire to talk about it anymore.

I agreed with the potential for getting Lovie Smith............really?

your comprehension is questionable. Nowhere have I written, "I would love to have Lovie Smith here as my Head Coach".

Going out there and saying that I like him out of all of the coaches fired recently, and that I think he's is a decent coach, is not me saying "FUCK YEAH SIGN HIM RIGHT NOW".

And me saying I am not opposed to drafting Te'o has nothing to do with anything.

We don't have to draft Geno Smith, or Barkley with the first pick in the draft. Nor have I even remotely suggested the fact that I WANT us to draft Te'o.

You are a fucking moron if you believe I've said any of that. Take a course in reading comprehension. My god, you're a little late for the "C'mon man" segment.

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2013, 12:40 AM
I agreed with the potential for getting Lovie Smith............really?

your comprehension is questionable. Nowhere have I written, "I would love to have Lovie Smith here as my Head Coach".

And me saying I am not opposed to drafting Te'o has nothing to do with anything.

I like Lovie Smith, probably my sole pick of coaches recently fired to come in here and coach. However, I don't think the Chiefs Nation is ready for ANOTHER defensive minded coach of African American descent. Herm, Crennel, Lovie? The Fans would commit mass suicide.

Speaking of reading comprehension, how does "you have been agreeing with the potential"= "love".

You have stated you would be OK drafting Teo and as your quote above states you like Lovie. Never said you loved either. Let me be clear though, both those statements I completely disagree with.

Exoter175
01-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Speaking of reading comprehension, how does "you have been agreeing with the potential"= "love".

You have stated you would be OK drafting Teo and as your quote above states you like Lovie. Never said you loved either. Let me be clear though, both those statements I completely disagree with.

And yet, not a single fucking quote that says "I want lovie smith as my head coach" or, "I want to draft Te'o first".

It clearly states in that quote that you used, that OF THE COACHES RECENTLY FIRED, Lovie would be my pick.

Do you understand how the caps in that statement clearly points out the qualifier for the quoted statement? Basic comprehension suggests that if I were to draw you a fucking picture with crayons, that of the coaches recently fired, 7 of them IIRC, Lovie would be my choice. Nowhere in that statement does it say that, as a whole in this HC search, that Lovie Smith is my choice for HC.

As far as Te'o, I clearly stated numerous times that if there isn't a QB who can separate himself from the pack, that I"d rather not use our #1 pick on a QB talent we could acquire in the 2nd round, and use that #1 pick on a guy like Te'O IF, again IF is the qualifier here, IF Te'o blows the combine up. And again as stated, if he doesn't, I revert back to the QB selection.

Comprehension, you fucking murder it.

Thig Lyfe
01-02-2013, 12:55 AM
He's Mormon? Ew.

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2013, 12:56 AM
And again, as many have stated, under any qualifier Teo over a QB is stupid. The fact that you are cool taking a guy like Glennon over Geno or Wilson is also silly. Hell, Glennon probably won't be there in the second. Also, again, wanting Lovie over Reid is a joke. Even in the vacuums you have created you are wrong. The fact that you don't see the NFL as being that different now compared to the Johnson/Dilfer days is enough to blow my mind.

My fault though. Everyone else was smart enough to ignore you or give up after a few posts.

Exoter175
01-02-2013, 01:05 AM
And again, as many have stated, under any qualifier Teo over a QB is stupid. The fact that you are cool taking a guy like Glennon over Geno or Wilson is also silly. Hell, Glennon probably won't be there in the second. Also, again, wanting Lovie over Reid is a joke. Even in the vacuums you have created you are wrong. The fact that you don't see the NFL as being that different now compared to the Johnson/Dilfer days is enough to blow my mind.

My fault though. Everyone else was smart enough to ignore you or give up after a few posts.

LOL, I don't think the NFL has changed? Pretty sure I stated it has.

I said I was cool with Glennon over Geno or Wilson? Quote it, who the fuck is Glennon anyways? And if he's not in the 2nd, Geno or Wilson will be, bet on it.

I would take Lovie over Reid in a new york minute. I don't like Andy Reid, I don't believe he has total player control and I don't believe he has that great of a connection with his players. I don't want that in a coach, I'd rather have a more emotional type like Vermeil in all honesty.

You have a serious problem with reading comprehension and at every angle I point it out, you decide to make up something new that I've apparently said, even though I haven't. You are failing at the interwebs bro. Give up.

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2013, 01:12 AM
I said I was cool with Glennon over Geno or Wilson? Quote it, who the **** is Glennon anyways? And if he's not in the 2nd, Geno or Wilson will be, bet on it.

First of all, the bold. Glennon maybe, no way Geno or Wilson are. As for the first question, you said you were cool with Glennon over them when you said you were OK taking a QB in the 2nd round.

Lets not forget that you said you like Ferentz, just not connected with Pioli. Lets add that to the list. As for the NFL not changing, you said to me in a previous post that it hasn't changed that much. We both know you did.

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2013, 01:20 AM
Here they are.

Really? Is that why Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have superbowl rings in the last 15 years? lol

As for the Dilfers of the world, yes the NFL has changed, but not nearly that much.

Yeah, I have a major problem with your points here and it IS saying that you don't get how much it has changed.

Now yes, you did correctly point out that to have a team get into the playoffs consistently you need at top 10 QB. However, these top two quotes were in response to my point that only elite QBs make the SB now. So again, you don't seem to understand fully that the NFL now has changed a LOT since those days.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-02-2013, 01:37 AM
Soooo anyone catch the twitter beef between LaCanfora and Pro Football Talk?

RealSNR
01-02-2013, 01:39 AM

No, but we caught the BlackBob mult spreading diarrhea all over the wall like fucking peanut butter

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2013, 01:43 AM

Yes. Well I didn't, but people were talking about it in a thread and posted some of it. Not sure which thread.

Rasputin
01-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Mostly by default for the lacking of better coaches available.

I think Reid can work out great if he picks Geno Smith and builds around that kid.

AussieChiefsFan
01-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Soooo anyone catch the twitter beef between LaCanfora and Pro Football Talk?Was funny.

Exoter175
01-02-2013, 02:33 AM
First of all, the bold. Glennon maybe, no way Geno or Wilson are. As for the first question, you said you were cool with Glennon over them when you said you were OK taking a QB in the 2nd round.

Lets not forget that you said you like Ferentz, just not connected with Pioli. Lets add that to the list. As for the NFL not changing, you said to me in a previous post that it hasn't changed that much. We both know you did.

When did I outright state that "I am okay with taking Glennon", I'll wait for the quote, because it didn't happen lol.

What does me liking Ferentz have to do with anything with Glennon, Geno, or Lovie? I"m confused. You have a TERRIBLE way of approaching your point.
Here they are.

Yeah, I have a major problem with your points here and it IS saying that you don't get how much it has changed.

Now yes, you did correctly point out that to have a team get into the playoffs consistently you need at top 10 QB. However, these top two quotes were in response to my point that only elite QBs make the SB now. So again, you don't seem to understand fully that the NFL now has changed a LOT since those days.

Um, you don't need an elite QB to get to the super bowl, then again, you and I probably differ in terms of elite. For me, Elite is Top 5. Eli Maning is not Elite, he has two rings playing against Tom Brady who is Elite.

My point is that the game hasn't changed enough so that it is impossible to win a super bowl without an Elite QB, it just happens less frequently. That is all I said, all I alluded to.

In years where a team is on fire and doesn't need a QB to necessarily win the games as much as they need them not to lose them, guys like Dilfer and Johnson win Super Bowl Rings.

Does that clarify things for you yet?

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2013, 02:45 AM
Yes, our terms for elite do differ. Perhaps I should just say top 10 QB. Elite is a bit strong. When you say you would be cool with a 2nd round QB, you are saying you are cool with the guys left over. Barkley, Wilson, and Geno will not be there to pick from. You say in years where teams don't need their QB to win games but just not lose them, they don't exist anymore. If they did the Jets and 9ers might actually be SB champs. This again gives me the impression that you just don't understand how important the QB is now compared to 2002. You can't win 4 playoff games, or even 3, without your QB having to win you a game or two.

The Ferentz mention wasn't trying to take down your QB argument, it was just to show the list of things you have said that are crazy tonight.

Exoter175
01-02-2013, 03:11 AM
Yes, our terms for elite do differ. Perhaps I should just say top 10 QB. Elite is a bit strong. When you say you would be cool with a 2nd round QB, you are saying you are cool with the guys left over. Barkley, Wilson, and Geno will not be there to pick from. You say in years where teams don't need their QB to win games but just not lose them, they don't exist anymore. If they did the Jets and 9ers might actually be SB champs. This again gives me the impression that you just don't understand how important the QB is now compared to 2002. You can't win 4 playoff games, or even 3, without your QB having to win you a game or two.

The Ferentz mention wasn't trying to take down your QB argument, it was just to show the list of things you have said that are crazy tonight.

The Ferentz bit isn't crazy at all.

There's a reason Ferentz has been mentioned year in and year out for the last decade, a reason he signed a 10 year extension loaded with incentives, and it isn't because he's an average Coach, its because he's top notch and everybody in the football world knows that, which is why every year this guy shoots down offers left and right for the NFL.

As for our Definitions and you thinking I'm lost and don't understand the "new" NFL, to me, Eli fits that mold. He's the reigning super bowl champ, so really, not much has changed here.

In fact, here's a recent list.

Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson (Dexter Jackson), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady (Deion Branch), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger (Hines Ward), 0 TDs
Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger (Santonio Holmes), 1 TD
Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning (MVP), 1 TD

Only 4 of those guys are Top 5 QB's. Brady, Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers.

Irony that Brad Johnson is still on that list, yet we've somehow moved so far away from it? It really wasn't all that long ago when you think about it, and 1 or 2 years before that, Dilfer won it. So we haven't come nearly as far as you think.

Dave Lane
01-02-2013, 03:19 AM
The Ferentz bit isn't crazy at all.

There's a reason Ferentz has been mentioned year in and year out for the last decade, a reason he signed a 10 year extension loaded with incentives, and it isn't because he's an average Coach, its because he's top notch and everybody in the football world knows that, which is why every year this guy shoots down offers left and right for the NFL.

As for our Definitions and you thinking I'm lost and don't understand the "new" NFL, to me, Eli fits that mold. He's the reigning super bowl champ, so really, not much has changed here.

In fact, here's a recent list.

Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson (Dexter Jackson), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady (Deion Branch), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger (Hines Ward), 0 TDs
Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger (Santonio Holmes), 1 TD
Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning (MVP), 1 TD

Only 4 of those guys are Top 5 QB's. Brady, Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers.

Irony that Brad Johnson is still on that list, yet we've somehow moved so far away from it? It really wasn't all that long ago when you think about it, and 1 or 2 years before that, Dilfer won it. So we haven't come nearly as far as you think.

How many TDs did the middle linebackers score in those games?

Exoter175
01-02-2013, 03:22 AM
How many TDs did the middle linebackers score in those games?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm going to suggest that the number is zero. I'm also going to guess that Quarterbacks made zero field goals in those games.

Dylan
01-02-2013, 06:42 PM
When did I outright state that "I am okay with taking Glennon", I'll wait for the quote, because it didn't happen lol.

What does me liking Ferentz have to do with anything with Glennon, Geno, or Lovie? I"m confused. You have a TERRIBLE way of approaching your point.

Um, you don't need an elite QB to get to the super bowl, then again, you and I probably differ in terms of elite. For me, Elite is Top 5. Eli Maning is not Elite, he has two rings playing against Tom Brady who is Elite.
My point is that the game hasn't changed enough so that it is impossible to win a super bowl without an Elite QB, it just happens less frequently. That is all I said, all I alluded to.

In years where a team is on fire and doesn't need a QB to necessarily win the games as much as they need them not to lose them, guys like Dilfer and Johnson win Super Bowl Rings.

Does that clarify things for you yet?

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

You make absolutely NO sense!

FWIW, I have no desire to correct this post.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2013, 06:46 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

You make absolutely NO sense!

FWIW, I have no desire to correct this post.

Hi Dylan. Would Reid be a good hire for us?

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm with ya....and ROFL at the av

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Too fat/omaha

We'd instantly have the best coach in the divison.

Easy 6
01-02-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm in.

SIGN CLARKS DEAL YOU BIG FAT ****

There, hopefully that helps...

Dylan
01-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Hi Dylan. Would Reid be a good hire for us?

Absolutely. Reid gives you credibility right away on offense... He is an amazing quarterbacks coach...

I think few people realize how many quarterbacks Reid coached up, going back to Favre.

One quarterback injured? No prob - Reid had the next ready the following game without spoiling his top ranked offenses throughout his career.

Quesadilla Joe
01-02-2013, 06:52 PM
We'd instantly have the best coach in the divison.

I don't think that is true, and neither will you if Fox wins a Super Bowl this year.

Rasputin
01-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I think if we hire Reid all of a sudden Geno Smith stock goes up with the pundits and compare him to Donavan McNabb.

I am on the bandwaggon to hire Reid for drafting Geno Smith. I have a harder time thinking anything else would work.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I don't think that is true, and neither will you if Fox wins a Super Bowl this year.

ROFL, but I will say Herms Fox and Del Rio do account for a full set of nuts, yes.

Being carried Dungy style to a Super Bowl by Manning doesn't do much for me.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2013, 06:57 PM
I think if we hire Reid all of a sudden Geno Smith stock goes up with the pundits and compare him to Donavan McNabb.

I am on the bandwaggon to hire Reid for drafting Geno Smith. I have a harder time thinking anything else would work.

Reid plus Geno = Super Penii

philfree
01-02-2013, 06:59 PM
I didn't want Reid because I figured that he needed some time off and he wouldn"t be affective. That's what I thought about Jeff Fisher last year though so maybe I'd be wrong again. I'll support the hiring of Andy Reid if Clark gets it done.

CanadaKC
01-02-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm shocked he'd even think of signing in KC given the abomination that is Pioli and CHunt. He'd be awesome if we can somehow do it...they guy was just in Philly too long...but the players respect him..and he did turn McNabb into a pro bowl player..which is exactly what he'd do with Geno.

Messier
01-02-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm glad some people have started saying CHunt. It's a quick and easy way to tell whose posts I can dismiss.

Rasputin
01-02-2013, 07:11 PM
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/34192459" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

DaWolf posted this in the mega Reid to interview KC before AZ thread. I thought I'd Q it here too as it that thread took off all day.

I think this is a pretty cool video of Vermiel and Andy Reid shooten the shit together.

Rasputin
01-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Reid plus Geno = Super Penii

Reid likes himself a plate of salty chocolate balls
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb319/1slipgurl/100_1329.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Geno, Charles, and Bowe his McNabb, Westbrook, and T.O. baby!!

Choco......rape

Dylan
01-02-2013, 07:27 PM
PGM:

No doubt, Reid will hire Marty Mornhinwig and Juan Castillo as his offensive coaches. They are excellent coaches.

I like the fact that Reid has not won a Super Bowl as head coach - However, I strongly believe he will in the future - He is a very hungry head coach.

This post will talk about when Reid hired Mornhinwig as offensive coordinator. What the Castillo firing says to me - Juan took a bullet for his best friend Andy Reid.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9267009&postcount=272

Here are the highlights from Reid's legacy with the Eagles:

Regular season record 130–93-1
NFC East Division Champion 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2010
NFC Championship 2004
Coach of the Year 2000, 2002 (Maxwell, Sporting News, Associated Press)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ReidAn0.htm

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Dylan as long as he doesn't try to convert Dabolless to Defensive Coordinator or some shit, I'm good.

SAUTO
01-02-2013, 07:38 PM

You are a stupid motherfucker
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan
01-02-2013, 07:39 PM

Fox has-up to this point-accomplished less than what Reid has.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Fox: Let's pound the rock and establish the run with Knowshon!!!
Papa Peyton: Uhhhh *audibles to pass against 6 DB's*

SAUTO
01-02-2013, 07:42 PM

Even if he wins a super bowl this year he is probably behind Reid.

And I'm not a Reid fan
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike
01-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Koo Koo Ka Choo. I'm in with the walrus.

Dylan
01-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Reid makes perfect sense for the Chiefs, Panthers and Cardinals. The fact is he did an amazing job in a very short period of time with the Eagles.

Whether some of you believe he is a good head coach or not, you have to believe he is amazing at developing quarterbacks.

He won't last very long on the open market. Just my opinion.

Dylan
01-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Dylan as long as he doesn't try to convert Dabolless to Defensive Coordinator or some shit, I'm good.

LOL.

Reid's last 2 years were not good - but he was consistently in the hunt every year.

Reid's teams were very tough to play against. In fact, they were brutal.

Teams cannot be on top every year - People come and go and teams change.

Just my opinion.

BigBeauford
01-02-2013, 07:56 PM
I am in obviously. I spent 4 minutes making this avatar and I will be damned if that is wasted.

Exoter175
01-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Koo Koo Ka Choo. I'm in with the walrus.

Someone gets it ROFL

Exoter175
01-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Reid makes perfect sense for the Chiefs, Panthers and Cardinals. The fact is he did an amazing job in a very short period of time with the Eagles.

Um, I disagree here from two angles.

If you're saying he turned around a team very quickly, I agree and disagree. The Eagles had a number of solid drafts prior to Andy Reid landing there in 99, they had a ton of pieces to the puzzle in place defensively, They drafted McNabb that same year when Andy Reid came in, arguably being 2-3 guys away from being a perennial divisional winner, short mainly the QB. It still took Reid I believe 2, maybe 3 years to get to the playoffs, and then they ran away with the conference for a few years.

Point being it wasn't JUST Andy Reid turning them around in a short time, they were poised the moment they hired Reid and drafted a decent QB.

Arguably very similar to what we have here in KC, just with a bit more competition from the Broncos with Manning and the broncos pass rush now. Irony that we're talking about hiring Reid and Geno Smith is drawing comparisons to McNabb of all people. Lets not get 110% homer about that yet.

The second angle is the "short time" argument. The Eagles had a stretch of about 4-5 years where they were a solid team, but they started to draft very poorly and ended up producing weaker and weaker teams to compete in their division. They also didn't "plan" their team around the division, like we saw so predominantly in the AFC South, and I believe that Andy Reid has to take part of that blame in Philly, and not just their GM and newerish Owner. It seemed to me like Reid had quite a bit of input in their scouting and drafting while he was there.

That being said, I do like the Walrus, I just want us to go a different direction here in KC, I want someone proven at the college level, but somewhat "fresh" to the NFL with a solid supporting cast of coaches to bring along.

Dylan
01-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Someone gets it ROFL

By reading your posts - you surely don't.

The Eagles had a stretch of about 4-5 years where they were a solid team

What part of this don't you understand?

NFC Championship 2004

Rams Fan
01-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Reid from 1999-2004 is different from the Reid of 2005-2012.

Dylan
01-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Um, I disagree here from two angles.

If you're saying he turned around a team very quickly, I agree and disagree. The Eagles had a number of solid drafts prior to Andy Reid landing there in 99, they had a ton of pieces to the puzzle in place defensively, They drafted McNabb that same year when Andy Reid came in, arguably being 2-3 guys away from being a perennial divisional winner, short mainly the QB. It still took Reid I believe 2, maybe 3 years to get to the playoffs, and then they ran away with the conference for a few years.

Point being it wasn't JUST Andy Reid turning them around in a short time, they were poised the moment they hired Reid and drafted a decent QB.

Arguably very similar to what we have here in KC, just with a bit more competition from the Broncos with Manning and the broncos pass rush now. Irony that we're talking about hiring Reid and Geno Smith is drawing comparisons to McNabb of all people. Lets not get 110% homer about that yet.

The second angle is the "short time" argument. The Eagles had a stretch of about 4-5 years where they were a solid team, but they started to draft very poorly and ended up producing weaker and weaker teams to compete in their division. They also didn't "plan" their team around the division, like we saw so predominantly in the AFC South, and I believe that Andy Reid has to take part of that blame in Philly, and not just their GM and newerish Owner. It seemed to me like Reid had quite a bit of input in their scouting and drafting while he was there.

That being said, I do like the Walrus, I just want us to go a different direction here in KC, I want someone proven at the college level, but somewhat "fresh" to the NFL with a solid supporting cast of coaches to bring along.

Save your angles!

Here you go:

When Reid was hired in 1999 by new owner Jeffrey Lurie, the Eagles were coming off 3-13 and 6-9-1 seasons under Ray Rhodes. Before Rhodes, the head coach position had been held by Rich Kotite and Buddy Ryan. All three had coached to varying levels of very limited success accompanied by frustrating failure. The only playoff showing among those three coaches had occurred in 1988, under Ryan, when the season ended in abject depression with a loss to the Chicago Bears in the game still known as The Fog Bowl.

Before the 2001 season, Philadelphia Eagles fans had to travel all the way back to the Dick Vermiel years (1976-1982) to scrounge up the last memory of playoff success with the 1980 Superbowl loss to the Oakland Raiders.

Reid, hired "off the board" as a quarterbacks coach under the tutelage of Mike Holmgren with the Green Bay Packers, was able to change most of that depressing history. He impressed Lurie and Joe Banner with his binders full of detailed blueprints for the short-term revival of a lost football franchise. In the end he completed the transformation of the Philadelphia Eagles into franchise that elicited talk of The Gold Standard. Yet Reid could never quite get over the Lombardi Hump and bring Philadelphia an NFL Championship.
But the fact is he did an amazing job in a very, very short period of football time! Not only did he get the Eagles into the NFC Championship in just his third year, he completely altered the Philadelphia NFL experience. He made the Eagles FUN to watch.

His early drafts brought in many of the right kind of players ... from taking a third round chance on an undersized, local product with a questionable knee-injury in Brian Westbrook (Villanova) to grabbing cornerbacks Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown in that same 2003 draft, and yes, even the drafting of Donovan McNabb, the quarterback the Philadelphia Eagles needed at the time.

Exoter175
01-02-2013, 08:19 PM
By reading your posts - you surely don't.

What part of this don't you understand?

NFC Championship 2004

What part didn't I understand? The part where you just quoted and used my point, to verify my point.

Thanks!:clap:

Dylan
01-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Exoter175:

I recommend you watch Jeff Lurie's press conference on Monday. I also recommend that you do some research on Howie Roseman and Cleveland Brown's Joe Banner before you do.

Although Lurie never says Banner's name in the press conference that is who he is talking about regarding the Eagles drafts.

You see Exoter175, before Roseman became GM, the Eagles were drafting well. Once Roseman had control, the Eagles have went 10-6, 8-8, and 4-12.

To catch you up to speed fast, the Eagles and Cardinals are after the same head coach.

Okay - I'm out.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Reid turned Namdi Asoumha into a worthless piece of garbage.

hometeam
01-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin
Andy Reid meeting w KC Chiefs 2day in PHL lasted close to 9 hours and never made it to Arizona.I Was there and looked like meeting went well

TRR
01-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Reid turned Namdi Asoumha into a worthless piece of garbage.

Nnamdi Asomugha was an overrated worthless piece of garbage before he got to Philadelphia.
Posted via Mobile Device

hometeam
01-02-2013, 09:04 PM
The more I think about it the more I am OK with Andy Reid. He is a known QB guy, and has been a very successful coach in his career. I think he has the potential to be our next Marty or DV. Am I ecstatic jumping off the walls about it? No, because I understand he has had his ups and downs, but again, his ups far outweigh the downs historically.

I am also perplexed and awed by the fact that he is physically indistinguishable from Mike Holmgren

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/3/26/128825890807059540.jpg

Quesadilla Joe
01-02-2013, 09:31 PM

They have both been to one Super Bowl as a HC. Fox also is a much better gameday coach and he gets his players to play for him. Coaching isn't always just x's and o's, and Fox can do that too.

Red And Yellow
01-02-2013, 09:35 PM
We need some offense I'm all for them hiring Reid or someone Reid-ish

Rams Fan
01-02-2013, 09:35 PM
They have both been to one Super Bowl as a HC. Fox also is a much better gameday coach and he gets his players to play for him. Coaching isn't always just x's and o's, and Fox can do that too.

Reid has been to more NFCCGs. He's also a better coach than Fox is. Fox was more inconsistent at Carolina than Reid was in Philly.

hometeam
01-02-2013, 09:38 PM

Andy has also been to 5 championship games. Yes, he lost most of them, but like I say when talking about Marty. The players have to win the games too.

Quesadilla Joe
01-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Reid has been to more NFCCGs. He's also a better coach than Fox is. Fox was more inconsistent at Carolina than Reid was in Philly.

He has been to one more NFC Championship game than Fox has. Fox is a great coach, who is stern but is also well liked by his players. He knows how to get the most out of players and he has been around some great defensive coaches. Andy Reid hasn't done much since Jim Johnson died.

EDIT: I thought Andy Reid only went to 3 NFCCG's, I guess he went to five. I guess that makes him 1-4 in such games.

Quesadilla Joe
01-02-2013, 09:45 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Tavern-talk-NFLs-worst-game-manager.html
Tavern Talk: The NFL's worst game manager

It’s Eagles coach Andy Reid, and for good reason.

By Michael Lombardi

I’d like to make an official announcement today:

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid is the winner of the best coach in the NFL to be the worst game manager of all time.

Normally, bad coaches are bad game managers — it kind of goes hand in hand. The “Peter Principle” takes over for bad coaches, and the one area that can’t be hidden from fans is game management. Coaches’ ability to handle game situations is visible every Sunday, so those crunch-time decisions shed light on the kind of coach that’s running the team. Bad game managers become bad coaches because their decisions result in losses, which turn off fans and create doubt about the quality of the coach.

Andy Reid is the exception to the rule about bad coaches and bad game managers going hand in hand. He’s a good coach. For someone who’s won 100 regular-season games, he continues to amaze me with his lack of regard for managing the game and giving his team a chance to win. Yet he’s won his share of games, in large part because of the talent of the late Jim Johnson, the Eagles defensive coordinator whose unit would frequently bail out Reid and his poor decisions.

Reid makes decisions that leave me asking WTF?! Last year in Cincinnati, in a classic overtime game, he dazzled me with his moves at the end of regulation and in overtime. In fact, NFL Network should put that game on its classic series to teach young kids who dream of becoming NFL coaches what not to do when it comes to game management. The back and forth between Reid and Bengals coach Marvin Lewis will one day be part of a class lecture taught by own Bob Boland at NY U. Bobb McKittrick, the renown 49ers offensive line coach, once told me as we flew back from the Senior Bowl, “Young man, you can learn as much from what not to do as you can learn from what to do.”

I know Reid is smart. I know he works hard and is well-informed. But I also know he’s the worst game manager currently in the NFL. Sunday against the Raiders, he nailed down the title.

There are some in Philadelphia – a cynical city, for sure -- who might feel that Reid is overrated as a coach. There’s some merit to that, especially when you consider that since their Super Bowl appearance in 2004, the Eagles are 36-32-1. They haven’t dominated the NFL, but they’ve been to the playoffs twice, including one conference championship game, since their bowl appearance. A little balance is always a good thing, especially in Philadelphia.

And for the record, I feel the Eagles should extend Reid’s contract because he’s a good coach. However, there should be one caveat. They should insist he bring someone from the outside to assist him, especially on game days with alternative ways to manage the game. It should be someone who won’t be intimidated by Reid and can make independent recommendations, not just tell him what he wants to hear like many do in Philadelphia.

How did Reid earn this title? With many of his game-gasping management decisions – and none more gasping than this one on Sunday. We start with the Eagles, down 13-9, getting the ball with 3:42 to go in the game and having all their timeouts.

Philadelphia Eagles at 3:42

1-10-PHI 20 (3:42) D.McNabb pass short middle to B.Westbrook to PHI 28 for 8 yards (T.Howard).

2-2-PHI 28 (3:17) B.Westbrook left tackle to PHI 39 for 11 yards (M.Huff). R13

1-10-PHI 39 (2:52) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass short middle to D.Jackson to OAK 49 for 12 yards (T.Branch). P14

1-10-OAK 49 (2:45) D.McNabb pass incomplete deep right to D.Jackson.

2-10-OAK 49 (2:36) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass incomplete deep middle to J.Avant.

3-10-OAK 49 (2:32) (Shotgun) D.McNabb scrambles up the middle to OAK 43 for 6 yards (M.Huff).

THIS PLAY CALL IS UNDERSTOOD. THEY ARE IN FOUR-DOWN TERRITORY.

Timeout #1 by PHI at 02:21.

HAVE TO TAKE THE TIMEOUT HERE TO REGROUP. NEED TO GET THE FIRST DOWN.

4-4-OAK 43 (2:21) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass incomplete deep left to D.Jackson.

Oakland Raiders at 2:14

CHANGE OF POSSESSION STOPS THE CLOCK. AT THIS POINT, BEFORE SENDING THE DEFENSE BACK ON THE FIELD, YOU MUST TELL THEM TO CALL A TIMEOUT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE FIRST RUN.

1-10-OAK 44 (2:14) J.Fargas right tackle to OAK 46 for 2 yards (B.Bunkley).

Timeout #2 by PHI at 02:10.

NOW, MAKE IT VERY CLEAR TO THE PLAYERS TO LET THE PLAY CLOCK WORK DOWN. WE WANT THE RAIDERS TO HAVE TO RUN THE BALL, AND THE ONLY WAY TO ENSURE A RUN IS TO LET THE CLOCK HIT THE TWO-MINUTE WARNING. IF THE PLAY CLOCK STOPS WITH ONE SECOND LEFT, AT 2:09, CALL TIME OUT. BUT ONCE THE CLOCK PASSES 2:08, LET IT GO TO THE TWO-MINUTE WARNING, WHICH WILL FORCE THE RAIDERS TO RUN ONE MORE TIME.

2-8-OAK 46 (2:10) J.Fargas up the middle to OAK 44 for -2 yards (T.Cole).

Timeout #3 by PHI at 02:02.

HEAD SCRATCHER. NOW REID HAS ALLOWED THE RAIDERS THE OPTION TO RUN OR PASS WITHOUT CAUSING ANY HARM AND FORCING HIS DEFENSE TO DEFEND THE ENTIRE OFFENSIVE PLAYBOOK. THIS IS A HUGE MISTAKE.

3-10-OAK 44 (2:02) J.Russell pass short right to G.Russell to PHI 43 for 13 yards (J.Trotter). P17

Two-Minute Warning

WOULD NEVER HAVE CALLED A PASS HERE HAD IT NOT BEEN BEFORE THE TWO MINUTE. THIS COST THE EAGLES A CHANCE TO WIN THE GAME — BY GETTING THE BALL BACK. MAYBE YOU COULD ARGUE A PLAYER CALLED TIMEOUT BY MISTAKE, BUT THE TIMEOUT BEFORE, THE COACHES SHOULD HAVE GONE OVER THIS SITUATION. IT WAS SO WEIRD THAT WHEN YOU WATCH THE TV REPLAY OF THE GAME, THEY HAD THE CLOCK GO DOWN TO THE TWO-MINUTE WARNING, NEVER THINKING THE EAGLES HAD CALLED TIMEOUT. I HAD TO REWATCH IT FIVE TIMES. THE ANNOUNCERS NEVER ADDRESSED THE RUN PASS.

1-10-PHI 43 (1:55) J.Fargas left tackle to PHI 46 for -3 yards (T.Laws).

2-13-PHI 46 (1:13) J.Russell kneels to PHI 47 for -1 yards.

PENALTY on PHI-D.Howard, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at PHI 47.

All of Philadelphia is on Reid for his play-calling and lack of halftime adjustments from the Raiders game, and here are some of his responses to those questions. Reid on WIP. Yet for me, the disappointment doesn’t come from Reid’s failure to keep the run-pass ratio in order but his lack of understanding of how to manage the game -- especially now that Jim Johnson isn’t around to bail him out.

Red Dawg
01-02-2013, 09:47 PM
**** Reid... Let's watch him fail elsewhere.

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!

arrowheadnation
01-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Reid from 1999-2004 is different from the Reid of 2005-2012.

During that span, he won one of the hardest divisions in football twice....during his so-called down years. I'd have been happy with it.

arrowheadnation
01-02-2013, 09:56 PM
NFC Championship 2004

This is all that should matter. He did this without a top tier RB, without top tier receivers, and with a guy that probably has to read a manual each time before he takes a shit at QB. All in what is arguably the most competitive division in football year in and year out. Give Reid a year or two with Geno, Bowe, Baldwin, Charles, Hillis, Moeaki and I like our chances of turning this sinking ship around.

Quesadilla Joe
01-02-2013, 09:59 PM
NFC Championship 2004

This is all that should matter. He did this without a top tier RB, without top tier receivers, and with a guy that probably has to read a manual each time before he takes a shit at QB. All in what is arguably the most competitive division in football year in and year out. Give Reid a year or two with Geno, Bowe, Baldwin, Charles, Hillis, Moeaki and I like our chances of turning this sinking ship around.

Dude Brian Westbrook was a stud and so was TO, Jackson and Maclin.

Molitoth
01-02-2013, 10:12 PM

It's understandable that you are high on Fox at the moment, but you are the ultimate team homer. It seems as if everything the Broncos have ever done has been the right move, and every player is some kind of all star in the making.
The chiefs could only be so lucky to have you as a fan.

As for us? We know our franchise is sh*t, and most of us admit it.

Exoter175
01-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Exoter175:

I recommend you watch Jeff Lurie's press conference on Monday. I also recommend that you do some research on Howie Roseman and Cleveland Brown's Joe Banner before you do.

Although Lurie never says Banner's name in the press conference that is who he is talking about regarding the Eagles drafts.

You see Exoter175, before Roseman became GM, the Eagles were drafting well. Once Roseman had control, the Eagles have went 10-6, 8-8, and 4-12.

To catch you up to speed fast, the Eagles and Cardinals are after the same head coach.

Okay - I'm out.

And this post has what to do with my statement? You're doing a really good job at trying to argue with me, while proving my point.

In the 2013 Sidekick draft, I'm hoping you are available with the #1 pick.

Dylan
01-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Dude Brian Westbrook was a stud and so was TO, Jackson and Maclin.

Here's the catch, Clay:

Andy Reid made the Eagles a respected and feared team with nothing except Westbrook.

Ace Gunner
01-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Here's the catch, Clay:

Andy Reid made the Eagles a respected and feared team with nothing except Westbrook.

yes he did. the only other Philly coach I despised more was Buddy Ryan. But these are XLNT coaches.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2013, 12:11 AM
McNabb for OC?

Exoter175
01-03-2013, 12:14 AM
McNabb for OC?

That would be too much McNabb in KC with Geno being compared to McNabb already.

Our Jordan needs a Pippen as the OC.

Dylan
01-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Thought I would share: The highlight was published by Philly media:

Sometimes, when people comment on our stories, they leave terrible, awful comments that we need to remove from the site because they're racist, profane, or just plain offensive.

Sometimes, however, they leave gems like this comment from Joe - that we found on a column published on Wednesday.

Joe, a Giants fan, wrote a poem to poke fun at his many green-blooded friends, most notably his brother-in-law.

Here is the comment as it appeared on our site:

Twas the night they fired Andy, and all throughout Philly
The mood was all different, euphoric and silly
They’d finally done it, they killed off old Reid
What a gift for the city, the best gift indeed

No more bad challenges or wasted timeouts
No more embarrassing home playoff routs
No more sad nights that spoiled the fun
No more long passes on third down and one

From Center City to Jersey and all through Bucks County
Miles of relief for the fat man’s bounty
But what now that the big guy is out of the mix
Have they forgotten Johnson’s defense or 4th-and 26?

The 5 title games and 6 division crowns
Andy’s Eagles weren’t exactly the Cleveland Browns
He drafted McNabb, oh wait, they hated him too
In the town that serenades heroes with choruses of boos

Oh Schmidty and Moses, McNabb and now Andy
As popular around here as Hurricane Sandy
Be careful what you wish for now that it’s not his job
This is the man who got value for Kevin Kolb

He was chubby and mustachioed, a great football mind
But they laughed when they saw him, he wasn’t their kind
He never panicked, despite the commotion
Even when Vick couldn’t throw a ball in the ocean

He believed in his ways, and the league came around
He jumpstarted the trend that killed ground n’ pound
But he wasn’t Vermeil, he didn’t seem regal
Despite that he completely turned around the Eagles

Sorter
01-03-2013, 12:49 AM
McNabb for OC?

QB coach for sure. LMAO

teedubya
01-03-2013, 12:57 AM
Wait a second... so Eli won two Superbowls... BOTH of which were Superbowls vs the Patriots and Tom Brady... and Eli isn't elite?

Exoter175
01-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Wait a second... so Eli won two Superbowls... BOTH of which were Superbowls vs the Patriots and Tom Brady... and Eli isn't elite?

Better question, you actually think Eli is elite? :spock:

Are you from New York or happen to be a Giants fan?

Sorter
01-03-2013, 01:15 AM
Better question, you actually think Eli is elite? :spock:

Are you from New York or happen to be a Giants fan?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3k58aIED71qbx51ho1_250.gif

NJChiefsFan
01-03-2013, 01:36 AM
Here's the catch, Clay:

?

AussieChiefsFan
01-03-2013, 03:45 AM
I don't think that is true, and neither will you if Fox wins a Super Bowl this year.Peyton. Manning.

NJChiefsFan
01-03-2013, 03:47 AM
To be honest I have always liked Fox as a coach.

Imon Yourside
01-03-2013, 04:45 AM
To be honest I have always liked Fox as a coach.

Fuck fox, Fuck the donkeys!@@#!@!@~

NJChiefsFan
01-03-2013, 04:47 AM
Yeah its unfortunate that he ended up on a team I despise.

Amnorix
01-03-2013, 09:00 AM

Did we not learn anything from the last 2 out of 3 head coaching highers?

Proven loser? Andy Reid? Maybe this is some other Andy Reid you're talking about...?

Red And Yellow
01-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Reid to KC, some say he's a loser because of last year, I say look at the big picture

AussieChiefsFan
01-03-2013, 09:29 AM
We got this

(Hopefully)

Exoter175
01-03-2013, 10:00 AM
We got this

(Hopefully)

From the very same source that told me Romeo and Pioli would be gone, I'm being told Reid had a handshake agreement to go ahead and start ironing out the details.

So yeah, we got this.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-03-2013, 06:00 PM

Wha???? ROFL JFC your homer knows no bounds. Give Reid Manning on drugs (fetuses, stem cells, whatever he's on now) and see how many games he loses

ForeverChiefs58
01-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Best and worst of Andy Reid's drafts

With Andy Reid's 14-year run as Eagles head coach over, we take a look back at how he handled the draft. Reid had the final say on draft picks for the majority of his run in Philadelphia, and he's been widely panned by fans for botching early picks, never finding that dominant linebacker, and overemphasizing the offensive and defensive lines.

Yes, he's blown some first- and second-round picks, but that's really no different than any other personnel department in the NFL. The draft is an inexact science, and you can measure and evaluate only so much. Reid had his swings and misses over 14 drafts, but he's also hit some out of the park.

Here's a breakdown of his 14 seasons:

• Reid has selected 125 players over his 14 drafts.

• Reid has had 12 first-round, 19 second-round, 13 third-round, 23 fourth-round, 18 fifth -round, 21 sixth-round, and 19 seventh-round picks.

• Reid selected five players from California, more than any other school (four each from Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, and USC).

• Fourteen players each were selected from the SEC, Pac-10, and Big 10 in Reid's 14 seasons.

• Reid drafted 16 linebackers during his tenure, but not one was ever named to a Pro Bowl.

• The QB guru selected six QB in his 14 years. Donovan McNabb had a 98-62-1 career record, while the rest (A.J. Feeley, Andy Hall, Kevin Kolb, Mike Kafka, and Nick Foles) have a combined 18-27 mark.

• His 2002 draft (Lito Sheppard, Michael Lewis, Sheldon Brown, Brian Westbrook, Raheem Brock) is by far his best.

• Reid's 2001 (Freddie Mitchell and Quinton Caver) and 2003 (Jerome McDougle and L.J. Smith) drafts crippled the Eagles during a period where even solid drafts probably win them a Super Bowl.

• The 2010 draft (Brandon Graham and Nate Allen) was supposed to fill the roster for an Eagles resurgence. Instead, of the 13 picks, only Graham looks like a real contributor going forward.

• The 2011 draft (Danny Watkins, Jaiquawn Jarrett, Curtis Marsh) may haunt this team well into the next coach's tenure.

• Owner Jeffrey Lurie said the 2012 draft (Fletcher Cox and Mychal Kendricks) is the first one he holds Howie Roseman "completely accountable for," (see story) so Eagles fans might have some hope.

Reid's best picks by round

First - Donovan McNabb, QB, 1999, 2nd-overall
While a local radio station made the rest of the country forever think Philadelphia wanted Ricky Williams instead, Reid nailed it with McNabb, who went on to become the greatest QB in franchise history.

Second - Sheldon Brown, CB, 2002, 59th-overall
An under-the-radar pick, Brown gets the nod over LeSean McCoy. Despite selecting Lito Sheppard in the first round, Reid continued to rebuild his secondary with safety Michael Lewis and Brown late in the second round, knowing Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent's days were numbered. Brown became arguably the best CB of the 2002 class, and if not for a penchant for dropping interceptions, may have been a more widely known name in the NFL.

Third - Brian Westbrook, RB, 2002, 91st-overall
The diminutive Villanova Wildcat was the eighth RB taken in the 2002 draft, behind greats like DeShaun Foster, Lamar Gordon, and Ladell Betts. Westbrook made an impact as a punt returner while waiting patiently behind Duce Staley and Correll Buckhalter. Once he became the focus of the offense, the Eagles soared.

Fourth - Todd Herremans, OL, 2005, 126th-overall
Herremans, a left tackle at Saginaw Valley State, was a bit of an unknown when he was selected, but started four games as a rookie in place of Tra Thomas, and held his own. From there, Herremans has become a mainstay on the Eagles' offensive line, playing primarily at left guard, and then kicking out to right tackle in 2011. He's played both positions at a Pro Bowl level. Can't ask much more from a Division-II fourth-rounder.

Fifth - Trent Cole, DE, 2005, 146th-overall
Cole was a smallish pass rusher from Cincinnati that many didn't think could play defensive end in the NFL. By the end of his rookie season, Cole had surpassed N.D. Kalu on the depth chart, and started seven games. He's gone on to rack up 71 sacks, and has played the run as well as any end in Philadelphia has in the past decade.

Sixth - Jason Kelce, C, 2011, 191st-overall
Despite his season-ending injury in 2012, Kelce has already established himself as the perhaps the best center Reid has had in his long tenure with the team. Small by NFL standards, Kelce's quickness and smarts had him on the road to a Pro Bowl before a knee injury derailed his season. He should be a mainstay on the line for years to come.

Seventh - Raheem Brock, DT, 2002, 238th-overall
The last pick in Reid's tremendous 2002 draft class, Brock, a Temple product, never signed with the Eagles because they ran out of money to sign him to a market-value signing bonus. Released before training camp, Brock signed with the Indianapolis Colts and became a fixture at defensive tackle, winning a Super Bowl with them in 2006. He went on to record 40.5 sacks in a 10-year career. Luckily, the Eagles managed to get 2002 sixth-rounder Tyreo Harrison locked up instead.

Top 5 best picks
In reviewing Reid's draft history, it's easy to look at who the Eagles chose and simply evaluate that player. But to truly look at Reid's draft record one has to take a look at what his team's needs were at the time and who else was available when he picked. In doing so, it becomes easier to defend some of his better known gaffes in the early rounds. With that said, Reid still had a pretty poor record of finding quality talent early in drafts, and most of his big hits were in the second and third rounds.

1. McNabb, QB, 1999, First Round (2nd overall)
This pick was of course questioned by some in Philadelphia, but was the defining pick of the Reid era. Among a slew of first round QB prospects, McNabb was by far the best, and Reid didn't get suckered into the taking any of the pretenders (Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Duante Culpepper). We're now seeing how valuable McNabb was to Reid and this franchise.

2. Brian Westbrook, RB, 2002, Third Round (91)
Whenever you get a franchise back in the third round, you've made a wise selection. Viewed as too small coming out of Villanova, Reid figured out how to make him arguably the NFL's most dangerous player for a time.

3. Trent Cole, DE, 2005, Fifth Round (145)
With such a premium on rushing the QB, getting a legitimate double-digit sack man this late counts for something. Cole was the first DE Reid selected after his disastrous Jerome McDougle and Jamaal Green picks in the 2003 draft.

4. LeSean McCoy, 2009, Second Round (53)
With Westbrook's injuries catching up to him, Reid knew he needed to find his eventual replacement soon. Reid avoided reaching for Donald Brown and Beanie Wells and was patient, landing Shady late in the second round.

5. Sheldon Brown, CB, 2002, Second Round (59)
Reid found a cornerstone CB late in the second round in Brown, who, while not as physically talented as his fellow 2002 classmate Lito Sheppard, was the more consistent and physical presence during his time in Philly.

Five others that should be commended:

1. Todd Herremans, OL, 2005, Fourth Round (126) - Small school lineman who has been solid as a rock since his rookie season.

2. DeSean Jackson, WR, 2008, Second Round (49) - Thought to be trouble coming out of Cal, Reid waited patiently and got him after six other WRs were taken.

3. Raheem Brock, DT, 2002, Seventh Round (238) - See above. Big-time contributor throughout his NFL career.

4. Mike Patterson, DT, 2005, First Round (31) - Solid pick late in the first round at a position of need. No other defensive tackles better at that point of the draft.

5. Shawn Andrews, OL, 2004, First Round (16) - Say what you will about the "Big Kid," when healthy Andrews was the NFL's dominant offensive guard.

Top 10 worst picks
Reid has been criticized, and rightly so, for botching too many high picks. Looking back, you can see what he was trying for with some of these disasters, but it's still too hard to ignore the high percentage of misses and the talent he passed on for a lot of these selections. His inability to consistently hit early in drafts has left the Eagles dangerously thin and without many building blocks at key positions.

We're going with a Top 10, because Reid's misses far outweigh his hits.

1. Freddie Mitchell, WR, 2001, First Round (25)
Let's first ignore the fact that Freddie just wasn't fast enough to be a legit No. 1 receiver. We can stomach cockiness in a No. 1 guy if he has the talent to back it up, but outside of 4th-and-26, Mitchell -- and his mouth -- was a mess. This is made even worse by Reid's passing on Reggie Wayne (30) and Chad Johnson (36). Shoot, even Quincy Morgan at 33 would have been a step up. Reid's inability to find McNabb a top pass-catcher eventually led to him selling his soul in acquiring Terrell Owens.

2. Jerome McDougle, DE, 2003, First Round (15)
Reid, looking to bolster a spotty pass rush after Hugh Douglas left for Jacksonville, traded up from 30 to 15 to select McDougle, a pass rushing terror at Miami. Unfortunately, McDougle suffered injuries in 2003 that caused him to miss eight games, was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat and sprained his ankle in 2004, and was shot before training camp in 2005, forcing him to miss that entire season. Even when he was on the field, McDougle is best known for grabbing Bruce Gradkowski's facemask against Tampa Bay in 2006, setting up a game-winning 62-yard field goal. Injuries are of course part of the NFL, but the two picks the Eagles gave up (No. 30 and No. 62) to acquire him could have been turned into solid pros like Eric Steinbach (John Welbourn was still a starter at OG) and linebacker Lance Briggs.

3. Quinton Caver, LB, 2001, Second Round (55)
To make the 2001 draft even worse, Reid selected "The Range Rover" in an attempt to replace Barry Gardner (see below). Sadly, Caver had little heart or acumen for the game, and was released a year later. His most memorable play as an Eagle was his inability to fall on a fumbled kick-off against the Rams in the 2001 season opener.

4. Matt McCoy, LB, 2005, Second Round (63)
Once again, Reid tried to bolster his LB corps in the second round. And once again, he failed. McCoy was small, unathletic, and out of control. More likely to earn a late-hit penalty than a tackle. He never caught on as a starter (10 games in 2006) and was never a standout on special teams. McCoy was released in 2006 to make room for JMU practice squad player Akeem Jordan. To make matters worse, solid LBs like Channing Crowder (70) and Kirk Morrison (78) were selected shortly after McCoy.

5. Barry Gardner, LB, 1999, Second Round (35)
Reid had a lot of holes to fill during the 1999 draft, and we're not completely sure how much input he had on this pick since Tom Modrak was still the GM at the time. But if we have to give Reid credit for McNabb, we have to give him grief for Gardner. The Northwestern MLB couldn't unseat Jeremiah Trotter (who wasn't well-thought of at the time) and ended up starting outside in 2000. He was just a bench player and special teamer after that, signing with the Browns in 2003. The Eagles passed on LB Mike Peterson (36), OT Jon Jansen (37), and DE Mike Rucker (38) to draft Gardner.

6. L.J. Smith, TE, 2003, Second Round (61)
That year I mocked Jason Witten to the Eagles in the first round. He ended up lasting until the third, but the Eagles wanted the athletic Smith, ignoring the fact he had terrible hands.

7. Jaiquawn Jarrett, S, 2011, Second Round (54)
Desperate for secondary help, the Eagles reached for Jarrett, a slow-footed, big-hitting safety from Temple. Jarrett made no impact on defense as a rookie, unable to beat out 2010 seventh-round pick Kurt Coleman. Worse, he was awful on special teams as well. Cut before the 2012 season.

8. Danny Watkins, OG, 2011, First Round (23)
I honestly loved the pick when it was made. Watkins was a beast at Baylor playing left tackle, and while he was older, was still learning. Just not sure if the NFL speed and his relative inexperience caught up to him, or if the Howard Mudd system is all wrong, but when your first-round pick can't get on the field despite four-fifths of the line being hurt, there's been a mistake. I don't fault Reid for trying to sure up the offensive line, and there wasn't a lot of better options at No. 23, but players like DE Muhammad Wilkerson, QB Andy Dalton (fault Reid for not seeing Michael Vick for who he really was), and LB Akeem Ayers were all still there. Unless Watkins can rebound with another line coach in 2013, the Birds will be trying to sure up an even leakier line going forward.

9. Nate Allen, S, 2010, Second Round (37)
This was a killer, as the Eagles used the pick they got from the Redskins in the McNabb trade to select a position of need. Unfortunately, Allen didn't pack his play-making ability when he jumped from South Florida. Instead he brought with him a step slow and an apparent aversion to hitting people. Cleveland took Oregon safety T.J. Ward with the next pick, and he has blossomed into a promising player for the Browns.

10. Winston Justice, OT, 2006, Second Round (39)
At the time I was ecstatic about this selection. The Eagles needed to start thinking about replacing Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan, and Justice had first-round talent. Then came the Giants game, where Justice got treated like a NYC subway turnstile. And while serviceable until his trade to the Colts in 2012, Reid passed on tackles Marcus McNeill (50) and Andrew Whitworth (55) in that round. Both were and still are much better pros.

http://nbcphiladelphia.csnphilly.com/12/31/12/Best-and-worst-of-Andy-Reids-drafts/landing_eagles.html?blockID=818785

Red And Yellow
01-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Espn insider Rumor....

UPDATE: Nothing official yet as of Thursday afternoon, but the Reid-Chiefs pairing remains on the verge of happening. There is an update on the men he'll bring along as co-workers however: ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports that Reid is not demanding that Tom Heckert come along as his GM, via sources. Those sources also indicate that Green Bay's director of operations, John Dorsey, is also on Reid's wish list for GM in K.C.

Until Reid is officially announced as HC, we're still in the fuzzy speculative phase here, but the dominoes appear ready to begin falling soon.

---

The Kansas City Chiefs' interview with Andy Reid ended up going long on Wednesday, which is why he didn't travel out to Arizona that evening in preparation for a meeting with the Cardinals. Thursday morning, our Chris Mortensen indicated during an appearance on "Mike and Mike in the Morning" that the two sides were trying to close a deal, and later on Thursday morning, Mortensen and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported that the two sides are on the verge of a deal.

Going on the hypothetical that this deal gets done, what should we expect regarding Reid's coaching and front office staff? The ongoing buzz has been that if Reid is in, current Chiefs GM Scott Pioli would be out. That would leave a vacancy that some believe would be filled by Tom Heckert, who was fired by the Browns this week and worked with Reid in Philadelphia. In fact, a source has revealed to the Cleveland Plain Dealer that this is Reid's intention.

As for coaches, the Plain Dealer is also reporting that Reid would have the opportunity to bring along Pat Shurmur and Brad Childress, who recently served as HC and OC of the Browns, respectively. Others from the Reid coaching tree (in Philly and elsewhere) could also be considered. Hey, maybe there's an opening at DC for Juan Castillo.

If this comes to pass, the Chiefs would go from being labelled "Patriots West" to "Eagles West (via Cleveland)."

Quesadilla Joe
01-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Peyton. Manning.

He got there with Jake Delhomme (sp?)

Most coaches can't get to the Super Bowl without a franchise QB. I don't know why you are holding it against Fox because he finally has one.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-03-2013, 06:57 PM
He's being carried Dungy style

Bump
01-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Best and worst of Andy Reid's drafts

With Andy Reid's 14-year run as Eagles head coach over, we take a look back at how he handled the draft. Reid had the final say on draft picks for the majority of his run in Philadelphia, and he's been widely panned by fans for botching early picks, never finding that dominant linebacker, and overemphasizing the offensive and defensive lines.

Yes, he's blown some first- and second-round picks, but that's really no different than any other personnel department in the NFL. The draft is an inexact science, and you can measure and evaluate only so much. Reid had his swings and misses over 14 drafts, but he's also hit some out of the park.

Here's a breakdown of his 14 seasons:

• Reid has selected 125 players over his 14 drafts.

• Reid has had 12 first-round, 19 second-round, 13 third-round, 23 fourth-round, 18 fifth -round, 21 sixth-round, and 19 seventh-round picks.

• Reid selected five players from California, more than any other school (four each from Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, and USC).

• Fourteen players each were selected from the SEC, Pac-10, and Big 10 in Reid's 14 seasons.

• Reid drafted 16 linebackers during his tenure, but not one was ever named to a Pro Bowl.

• The QB guru selected six QB in his 14 years. Donovan McNabb had a 98-62-1 career record, while the rest (A.J. Feeley, Andy Hall, Kevin Kolb, Mike Kafka, and Nick Foles) have a combined 18-27 mark.

• His 2002 draft (Lito Sheppard, Michael Lewis, Sheldon Brown, Brian Westbrook, Raheem Brock) is by far his best.

• Reid's 2001 (Freddie Mitchell and Quinton Caver) and 2003 (Jerome McDougle and L.J. Smith) drafts crippled the Eagles during a period where even solid drafts probably win them a Super Bowl.

• The 2010 draft (Brandon Graham and Nate Allen) was supposed to fill the roster for an Eagles resurgence. Instead, of the 13 picks, only Graham looks like a real contributor going forward.

• The 2011 draft (Danny Watkins, Jaiquawn Jarrett, Curtis Marsh) may haunt this team well into the next coach's tenure.

• Owner Jeffrey Lurie said the 2012 draft (Fletcher Cox and Mychal Kendricks) is the first one he holds Howie Roseman "completely accountable for," (see story) so Eagles fans might have some hope.

Reid's best picks by round

First - Donovan McNabb, QB, 1999, 2nd-overall
While a local radio station made the rest of the country forever think Philadelphia wanted Ricky Williams instead, Reid nailed it with McNabb, who went on to become the greatest QB in franchise history.

Second - Sheldon Brown, CB, 2002, 59th-overall
An under-the-radar pick, Brown gets the nod over LeSean McCoy. Despite selecting Lito Sheppard in the first round, Reid continued to rebuild his secondary with safety Michael Lewis and Brown late in the second round, knowing Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent's days were numbered. Brown became arguably the best CB of the 2002 class, and if not for a penchant for dropping interceptions, may have been a more widely known name in the NFL.

Third - Brian Westbrook, RB, 2002, 91st-overall
The diminutive Villanova Wildcat was the eighth RB taken in the 2002 draft, behind greats like DeShaun Foster, Lamar Gordon, and Ladell Betts. Westbrook made an impact as a punt returner while waiting patiently behind Duce Staley and Correll Buckhalter. Once he became the focus of the offense, the Eagles soared.

Fourth - Todd Herremans, OL, 2005, 126th-overall
Herremans, a left tackle at Saginaw Valley State, was a bit of an unknown when he was selected, but started four games as a rookie in place of Tra Thomas, and held his own. From there, Herremans has become a mainstay on the Eagles' offensive line, playing primarily at left guard, and then kicking out to right tackle in 2011. He's played both positions at a Pro Bowl level. Can't ask much more from a Division-II fourth-rounder.

Fifth - Trent Cole, DE, 2005, 146th-overall
Cole was a smallish pass rusher from Cincinnati that many didn't think could play defensive end in the NFL. By the end of his rookie season, Cole had surpassed N.D. Kalu on the depth chart, and started seven games. He's gone on to rack up 71 sacks, and has played the run as well as any end in Philadelphia has in the past decade.

Sixth - Jason Kelce, C, 2011, 191st-overall
Despite his season-ending injury in 2012, Kelce has already established himself as the perhaps the best center Reid has had in his long tenure with the team. Small by NFL standards, Kelce's quickness and smarts had him on the road to a Pro Bowl before a knee injury derailed his season. He should be a mainstay on the line for years to come.

Seventh - Raheem Brock, DT, 2002, 238th-overall
The last pick in Reid's tremendous 2002 draft class, Brock, a Temple product, never signed with the Eagles because they ran out of money to sign him to a market-value signing bonus. Released before training camp, Brock signed with the Indianapolis Colts and became a fixture at defensive tackle, winning a Super Bowl with them in 2006. He went on to record 40.5 sacks in a 10-year career. Luckily, the Eagles managed to get 2002 sixth-rounder Tyreo Harrison locked up instead.

Top 5 best picks
In reviewing Reid's draft history, it's easy to look at who the Eagles chose and simply evaluate that player. But to truly look at Reid's draft record one has to take a look at what his team's needs were at the time and who else was available when he picked. In doing so, it becomes easier to defend some of his better known gaffes in the early rounds. With that said, Reid still had a pretty poor record of finding quality talent early in drafts, and most of his big hits were in the second and third rounds.

1. McNabb, QB, 1999, First Round (2nd overall)
This pick was of course questioned by some in Philadelphia, but was the defining pick of the Reid era. Among a slew of first round QB prospects, McNabb was by far the best, and Reid didn't get suckered into the taking any of the pretenders (Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Duante Culpepper). We're now seeing how valuable McNabb was to Reid and this franchise.

2. Brian Westbrook, RB, 2002, Third Round (91)
Whenever you get a franchise back in the third round, you've made a wise selection. Viewed as too small coming out of Villanova, Reid figured out how to make him arguably the NFL's most dangerous player for a time.

3. Trent Cole, DE, 2005, Fifth Round (145)
With such a premium on rushing the QB, getting a legitimate double-digit sack man this late counts for something. Cole was the first DE Reid selected after his disastrous Jerome McDougle and Jamaal Green picks in the 2003 draft.

4. LeSean McCoy, 2009, Second Round (53)
With Westbrook's injuries catching up to him, Reid knew he needed to find his eventual replacement soon. Reid avoided reaching for Donald Brown and Beanie Wells and was patient, landing Shady late in the second round.

5. Sheldon Brown, CB, 2002, Second Round (59)
Reid found a cornerstone CB late in the second round in Brown, who, while not as physically talented as his fellow 2002 classmate Lito Sheppard, was the more consistent and physical presence during his time in Philly.

Five others that should be commended:

1. Todd Herremans, OL, 2005, Fourth Round (126) - Small school lineman who has been solid as a rock since his rookie season.

2. DeSean Jackson, WR, 2008, Second Round (49) - Thought to be trouble coming out of Cal, Reid waited patiently and got him after six other WRs were taken.

3. Raheem Brock, DT, 2002, Seventh Round (238) - See above. Big-time contributor throughout his NFL career.

4. Mike Patterson, DT, 2005, First Round (31) - Solid pick late in the first round at a position of need. No other defensive tackles better at that point of the draft.

5. Shawn Andrews, OL, 2004, First Round (16) - Say what you will about the "Big Kid," when healthy Andrews was the NFL's dominant offensive guard.

Top 10 worst picks
Reid has been criticized, and rightly so, for botching too many high picks. Looking back, you can see what he was trying for with some of these disasters, but it's still too hard to ignore the high percentage of misses and the talent he passed on for a lot of these selections. His inability to consistently hit early in drafts has left the Eagles dangerously thin and without many building blocks at key positions.

We're going with a Top 10, because Reid's misses far outweigh his hits.

1. Freddie Mitchell, WR, 2001, First Round (25)
Let's first ignore the fact that Freddie just wasn't fast enough to be a legit No. 1 receiver. We can stomach cockiness in a No. 1 guy if he has the talent to back it up, but outside of 4th-and-26, Mitchell -- and his mouth -- was a mess. This is made even worse by Reid's passing on Reggie Wayne (30) and Chad Johnson (36). Shoot, even Quincy Morgan at 33 would have been a step up. Reid's inability to find McNabb a top pass-catcher eventually led to him selling his soul in acquiring Terrell Owens.

2. Jerome McDougle, DE, 2003, First Round (15)
Reid, looking to bolster a spotty pass rush after Hugh Douglas left for Jacksonville, traded up from 30 to 15 to select McDougle, a pass rushing terror at Miami. Unfortunately, McDougle suffered injuries in 2003 that caused him to miss eight games, was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat and sprained his ankle in 2004, and was shot before training camp in 2005, forcing him to miss that entire season. Even when he was on the field, McDougle is best known for grabbing Bruce Gradkowski's facemask against Tampa Bay in 2006, setting up a game-winning 62-yard field goal. Injuries are of course part of the NFL, but the two picks the Eagles gave up (No. 30 and No. 62) to acquire him could have been turned into solid pros like Eric Steinbach (John Welbourn was still a starter at OG) and linebacker Lance Briggs.

3. Quinton Caver, LB, 2001, Second Round (55)
To make the 2001 draft even worse, Reid selected "The Range Rover" in an attempt to replace Barry Gardner (see below). Sadly, Caver had little heart or acumen for the game, and was released a year later. His most memorable play as an Eagle was his inability to fall on a fumbled kick-off against the Rams in the 2001 season opener.

4. Matt McCoy, LB, 2005, Second Round (63)
Once again, Reid tried to bolster his LB corps in the second round. And once again, he failed. McCoy was small, unathletic, and out of control. More likely to earn a late-hit penalty than a tackle. He never caught on as a starter (10 games in 2006) and was never a standout on special teams. McCoy was released in 2006 to make room for JMU practice squad player Akeem Jordan. To make matters worse, solid LBs like Channing Crowder (70) and Kirk Morrison (78) were selected shortly after McCoy.

5. Barry Gardner, LB, 1999, Second Round (35)
Reid had a lot of holes to fill during the 1999 draft, and we're not completely sure how much input he had on this pick since Tom Modrak was still the GM at the time. But if we have to give Reid credit for McNabb, we have to give him grief for Gardner. The Northwestern MLB couldn't unseat Jeremiah Trotter (who wasn't well-thought of at the time) and ended up starting outside in 2000. He was just a bench player and special teamer after that, signing with the Browns in 2003. The Eagles passed on LB Mike Peterson (36), OT Jon Jansen (37), and DE Mike Rucker (38) to draft Gardner.

6. L.J. Smith, TE, 2003, Second Round (61)
That year I mocked Jason Witten to the Eagles in the first round. He ended up lasting until the third, but the Eagles wanted the athletic Smith, ignoring the fact he had terrible hands.

7. Jaiquawn Jarrett, S, 2011, Second Round (54)
Desperate for secondary help, the Eagles reached for Jarrett, a slow-footed, big-hitting safety from Temple. Jarrett made no impact on defense as a rookie, unable to beat out 2010 seventh-round pick Kurt Coleman. Worse, he was awful on special teams as well. Cut before the 2012 season.

8. Danny Watkins, OG, 2011, First Round (23)
I honestly loved the pick when it was made. Watkins was a beast at Baylor playing left tackle, and while he was older, was still learning. Just not sure if the NFL speed and his relative inexperience caught up to him, or if the Howard Mudd system is all wrong, but when your first-round pick can't get on the field despite four-fifths of the line being hurt, there's been a mistake. I don't fault Reid for trying to sure up the offensive line, and there wasn't a lot of better options at No. 23, but players like DE Muhammad Wilkerson, QB Andy Dalton (fault Reid for not seeing Michael Vick for who he really was), and LB Akeem Ayers were all still there. Unless Watkins can rebound with another line coach in 2013, the Birds will be trying to sure up an even leakier line going forward.

9. Nate Allen, S, 2010, Second Round (37)
This was a killer, as the Eagles used the pick they got from the Redskins in the McNabb trade to select a position of need. Unfortunately, Allen didn't pack his play-making ability when he jumped from South Florida. Instead he brought with him a step slow and an apparent aversion to hitting people. Cleveland took Oregon safety T.J. Ward with the next pick, and he has blossomed into a promising player for the Browns.

10. Winston Justice, OT, 2006, Second Round (39)
At the time I was ecstatic about this selection. The Eagles needed to start thinking about replacing Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan, and Justice had first-round talent. Then came the Giants game, where Justice got treated like a NYC subway turnstile. And while serviceable until his trade to the Colts in 2012, Reid passed on tackles Marcus McNeill (50) and Andrew Whitworth (55) in that round. Both were and still are much better pros.

http://nbcphiladelphia.csnphilly.com/12/31/12/Best-and-worst-of-Andy-Reids-drafts/landing_eagles.html?blockID=818785

:shake: :(

Bump
01-03-2013, 06:59 PM
For a lot of shitty draft picks, they have been pretty competitive over the last decade. At least he can coach em.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Every team's fans think their team sucks at drafting. It's the Maddenization of the NFL fanbase. OMGz they don't haz 22 Pro Bowlas???

You draft your core players, getting a QB is paramount, and fill in with role guys.

Do the math. It would only take 3-4 years to create a super team if you could hit on every pick. Not possible though and teams can't do it in a larger scale than that.

SAUTO
01-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Every team's fans think their team sucks at drafting. It's the Maddenization of the NFL fanbase. OMGz they don't haz 22 Pro Bowlas???

You draft your core players, getting a QB is paramount, and fill in with role guys.

Do the math. It would only take 3-4 years to create a super team if you could hit on every pick. Not possible though and teams can't do it in a larger scale than that. get the fuck outta here with that sense
Posted via Mobile Device

ForeverChiefs58
01-03-2013, 08:20 PM
For a lot of shitty draft picks, they have been pretty competitive over the last decade. At least he can coach em.

That was my impression as well. That, and he already knows we need a good QB, and have some good pieces like WR and RB that he can work well with.

I am really optimistic he can improve us since we can only go up.

Exoter175
01-03-2013, 09:26 PM

He has had some shitty draft picks, and I think that "all time best" draft pick list, should have Brock higher than a notable, that was a golden egg of a pick ROFL

Anyways, as far as Andy coaching them, I think you have to give the guy a little less credit for coaching "all" players, and a lot more credit to him for choosing guys that CAN coach each individual group of players.

There are three variations of his "staff" floating around early on, and each of them is equally impressive from a "holy dreamteam batman" perspective.

Even with the current GM situation hanging for a minute, this deal is likely to spill into the end of this week or early next week as there is a lot of "fluff" to deal with, despite the fact that the structure of this deal was done and over with early on.

Also, since we only know 4 of the "7" that went to Philly to talk to sit down with Reid, I can go ahead and spill it that Ray Farmer was there.:D

ForeverChiefs58
01-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Andy doing what he does best

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2TYl7hWkcwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fSvvGStFQCc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://s3.favim.com/orig/38/andy-toy-toy-story-woody-Favim.com-317314.jpg

Molitoth
01-03-2013, 10:41 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t5lHSusj6yw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AussieChiefsFan
01-03-2013, 10:44 PM
He got there with Jake Delhomme (sp?)

Most coaches can't get to the Super Bowl without a franchise QB. I don't know why you are holding it against Fox because he finally has one.Not holding it against him. Just why he wont be the best coach in the division.

ForeverChiefs58
01-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Coach Andy Reid Sitdown Interview with Sabol

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0BbtLSnBHpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1
01-03-2013, 10:45 PM
I'm in!

Hammock Parties
01-03-2013, 10:46 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2TYl7hWkcwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fSvvGStFQCc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This guy is not a fucking players' coach.

His style reminds me of Marty.

ForeverChiefs58
01-03-2013, 10:47 PM
This guy is not a fucking players' coach.

His style reminds me of Marty.

Me too. Always coaching. Always teaching

alnorth
01-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Count me in, I got my Andy Reid Fan Club insignia and badge, stamped and valid for the year 2013

boogblaster
01-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Iam im ....

Exoter175
01-03-2013, 11:06 PM
I can't read the merged thread because I was banned from one of them, I'm sad now :/

wazu
01-03-2013, 11:06 PM

http://s3.favim.com/orig/38/andy-toy-toy-story-woody-Favim.com-317314.jpg

That. Was. AWESOME! I had no idea he was funny. He doesn't break that out for the press.