PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I Predict The 2013 QB's To Be

Marada
01-04-2013, 11:28 AM
The Chiefs recognise that there needs to be a shakeout at the QB position. I'll go out on a limb and predict that the QB roster for 2013 will be, in no certain order.

1- Geno Smith I think the Chiefs will trade down about 10 spots, find him available, take him and pick up an extra pick.

2- Ricki Stanzi The guy must have some talent to remain on the roster. There is a history of skill position players blooming when they actually get a fair chance.

3- Alex Tanney Just on the strength of his arm he can make it in the NFL. Best part is we already have him.

The Franchise
A shakeout at the QB position.......so you bring back 2 from this year?

I don't see ANY of our current QBs being on the roster next year.

Exoter175
I was with you until the Alex Tanney bit.

The guy will go nowhere in the NFL.

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 11:29 AM
A shakeout at the QB position.......so you bring back 2 from this year?

I don't see ANY of our current QBs being on the roster next year.

Stanzi will undoubtedly be there.

In58men
01-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Geno Smith

Logan Thomas in the later rounds

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 11:30 AM

Yeah, we'll see about this. Don't care, but I also don't think the kid can play for shit.

The Franchise

You expect a 5th round pick of the prior regime to stick around? Even though he couldn't get activated during the Cassel/Quinn era?

L.A. Chieffan
Vick is a package deal with Andy

Molitoth
01-04-2013, 11:31 AM
It's a QB driven league and Geno is the best prospect.
If we trade down, it's because someone wants in that #1 spot for Geno Smith. I don't see any way he is still available at #10. If that were the case, then HELLS YEAH!!!!

But honestly, if Geno is the guy you would want at #10... don't take the chance, just get him at #1.

Stanzi and Tanney will be cut.

Scorp
I definately see Geno as the pick.

I also see Vick being brought in on a one year deal. (I don't want this though)

DaKCMan AP
No.

Ace Gunner
Tough call. I still believe Geno has the smarts & nerve to play at this level, so I'll go with Geno.

mr. tegu
01-04-2013, 11:32 AM
The Chiefs recognise that there needs to be a shakeout at the QB position. I'll go out on a limb and predict that the QB roster for 2013 will be, in no certain order.

1- Geno Smith I think the Chiefs will trade down about 10 spots, find him available, take him and pick up an extra pick.

2- Ricki Stanzi The guy must have some talent to remain on the roster. There is a history of skill position players blooming when they actually get a fair chance.

3- Alex Tanney Just on the strength of his arm he can make it in the NFL. Best part is we already have him.

No team is going to trade up and NOT take Geno Smith. Otherwise they likely aren't trading up to our spot.

Bottom line Geno willl not be available past the second pick despite what the idiots out there say.

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Yeah, we'll see about this. Don't care, but I also don't think the kid can play for shit.

Based on what? This last pre-season where he was given a jailbreak every snap, or the one before that where he was our best QB?

The year before last, when he was a rookie, Crennel was going to start Stanzi. Pioli picked up Orton and Stanzi didn't get his chance.

You've literally got nothing to go off of, other than "well clearly if he didn't play, he must be bad". Which could be one of the most idiotic comments ever spoken.

You expect a 5th round pick of the prior regime to stick around? Even though he couldn't get activated during the Cassel/Quinn era?

Yeah, I do. He's the best QB on the roster. More importantly, you're talking about a regime that was deadset at having Cassel as their guy and wanting nothing to do with a legitimate QB competition.

No he isn't.

HonestChieffan
01-04-2013, 11:36 AM

god no

J Diddy
01-04-2013, 11:37 AM
It's a QB driven league and Geno is the best prospect.
If we trade down, it's because someone wants in that #1 spot for Geno Smith. I don't see any way he is still available at #10. If that were the case, then HELLS YEAH!!!!

But honestly, if Geno is the guy you would want at #10... don't take the chance, just get him at #1.

Stanzi and Tanney will be cut.

I don't think that there will be a clear cut guy. That being said, I absolutely see them moving down.

tyton75
01-04-2013, 11:37 AM
I really think the 1st overall pick will be a LT. Esp with the sub-par QB class this year. QB pick is going to be 2nd round.

Bump
01-04-2013, 11:38 AM

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/gifs/PNYRZ_zps7ce702fd.gif

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Based on what?

You've literally got nothing to go off of, other than "well clearly if he didn't play, he must be bad". Which could be one of the most idiotic comments ever spoken.

Based on the fact that I thought he was a shit prospect coming out of college. Based on the fact that most 5th-round QBs end up being shit in the NFL, and based on the fact that almost every report out of training camp this past season stated that he, definitively, didn't look like an NFL QB.

the Talking Can
01-04-2013, 11:40 AM
reid will take one look at our QBs and shit his adult diaper with laughter...

BlackHelicopters
Complete house cleaning. Replacements? Don't know.

DMAC
Why would anyone want any current QBs to stay on?

Blow them all up.

Geno
Veteran
Other draft pick

Red Beans
01-04-2013, 11:41 AM

Blow them all up.

Geno
Veteran
Other draft pick

Logic prevails!

The Franchise
Based on what? This last pre-season where he was given a jailbreak every snap, or the one before that where he was our best QB?

The year before last, when he was a rookie, Crennel was going to start Stanzi. Pioli picked up Orton and Stanzi didn't get his chance.

Yeah, I do. He's the best QB on the roster. More importantly, you're talking about a regime that was deadset at having Cassel as their guy and wanting nothing to do with a legitimate QB competition.

No he isn't.

You don't think that Pioli would have jumped at the chance of starting Stanzi if he was any good? Pioli would have looked smart as fuck for finding a starting QB in the 5th round. He didn't start because he sucked in camp and practices.

Chief Roundup

I just don't see how the most important position on the field will last that long.
There are too many teams having success with their rookie or 2cd year QBs to ignore the position if you are at the top of the draft.
There are several teams right behind us that are in desperate need of a QB.
Even if a team views the top 3 equally there is a very low probability that one of those guys makes it to 10.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Geno
Fitzpatrick
Stanzi/Renfree

mr. tegu
01-04-2013, 11:44 AM

No he isn't.

All we need to know about Stanzi and why is sucks, even if we look at nothing else, is that he was drafted by Pioli. That tells you everything you need to know.

bevischief
01-04-2013, 11:45 AM
I don't as long as Cassel/Quinn aren't on the team and Geno is here. If Stanzi and Tanney make it, it doesn't bother me yet. Let's see what a real coaching staff can do with them.

htismaqe
01-04-2013, 11:56 AM
You don't think that Pioli would have jumped at the chance of starting Stanzi if he was any good? Pioli would have looked smart as fuck for finding a starting QB in the 5th round. He didn't start because he sucked in camp and practices.

First you'd have to assume that Pioli and his band of tards knew how to evaluate QBs.

htismaqe
01-04-2013, 11:57 AM

Blow them all up.

Geno
Veteran
Other draft pick

This.

Rasputin
01-04-2013, 11:58 AM
I think trading back five spots is too risky too lose out on Geno Smith. I'd take him with the first pick of the draft to make sure we get him. His value is there if people would wake the fuck up.

BlackHelicopters
01-04-2013, 11:58 AM
The Washington model worked out well. High pick, third(?) rounder, and a veteran.

DTLB58
01-04-2013, 12:01 PM

Blow them all up.

Geno
Veteran
Other draft pick

Doing this is just the final phase of the change ie. (RAC and Pioli gone) It must be done to move forward! :clap:

L.A. Chieffan
01-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Vick and Charles lining up in the backfield? Sign me up p fellas

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Based on the fact that I thought he was a shit prospect coming out of college. Based on the fact that most 5th-round QBs end up being shit in the NFL, and based on the fact that almost every report out of training camp this past season stated that he, definitively, didn't look like an NFL QB.

If you thought he looked like a shit prospect coming out of college, I'm glad you aren't an evaluator lol.

No, I don't. He staked his reputation on Casshole. I don't think for two seconds he would have let Stanzi challenge Casshole for the starting position on this team because Scott's Ego is larger than Crennel's stomach. Having Stanzi turn out to be a gem of a prospect, would have hurt him because he'd have to deal with the aftermath of paying Casshole billions and throwing a thousand draft picks at New England for him and Vrabel.

All we need to know about Stanzi and why is sucks, even if we look at nothing else, is that he was drafted by Pioli. That tells you everything you need to know.

We will find out soon enough. I honestly don't believe Quinn nor Cassel will be back, and I believe Reid will retain Stanzi on the fact that he's young and extremely talented alone. If Andy Reid can coach players like you all believe, then why the hell wouldn't he keep Stanzi around at the beginning of his career, having been such a good, winning college Quarterback?

That would make no sense to me. The guy has all the intangibles you can't coach up.

htismaqe
01-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Vick and Charles lining up in the backfield? Sign me up p fellas

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/960734_o.gif

CoMoChief
01-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Tyler Wilson
Matt Flynn
Landry Jones

Rasputin
01-04-2013, 12:14 PM
The thing that would piss me off more than anything is if we trade back and the fucking raiders take Geno Smith. Fuck that.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 12:16 PM
If you thought he looked like a shit prospect coming out of college, I'm glad you aren't an evaluator lol.

Obviously scouts loved him. That's why he went in the 5th.

L.A. Chieffan
01-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Fonz was the man

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Obviously scouts loved him. That's why he went in the 5th.

Scouts had him in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, then the combine happened.LMAO

Shox
01-04-2013, 09:12 PM
I think Vick will be the last guy in Chiefs uniform. Reid has had enough Vick saga and I don't think he will want to bring to a new team.

Geno Smith
FA not named Vick
Tanny

I think Tanny will do enough to keep a roster spot.

jd1020
01-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Stanzi becomes the veteran on the team... ROFLROFLROFL

:shake:

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2013, 09:17 PM
-Tyler Wilson
-Cassel (eh...say what you want, he is a good BACKUP and already under contract.)
-UFA

Bump
01-04-2013, 09:18 PM
I think Vick will be the last guy in Chiefs uniform. Reid has had enough Vick saga and I don't think he will want to bring to a new team.

Geno Smith
FA not named Vick
Tanny

I think Tanny will do enough to keep a roster spot.

I am very curious to see Tanney as a 3rd string, would like to keep him around. But no to Vick and we can whoever to back him up, not Cassel and not Quinn and that's what matters most lol. Fuck Stanzi too, if he couldn't see the field with those other 2 QBs, then fuck that shit.

jd1020
01-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Cassel (eh...say what you want, he is a good BACKUP and already under contract.)

Good backups don't throw 2x more INTs than TDs and fumble 9 times. And he's not going to get paid 7.5M to be a backup so fuck off.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Good backups don't throw 2x more INTs than TDs and fumble 9 times.

I disagree...but I'm not even going to put forth the effort to defend him.

I will just say, I believe his place in the league is on the bench. And if he was #2 on our roster...I would have no problem with that.

jd1020
01-04-2013, 09:22 PM
At least you admit you can't defend your dumbassery.

stonedstooge
01-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Vick would rape if you could protect him. Still has a cannon

Molitoth
01-04-2013, 09:24 PM
-Tyler Wilson
-Cassel (eh...say what you want, he is a good BACKUP and already under contract.)
-UFA

Cassel would be a cancer to the fans and the locker room.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Cassel would be a cancer to the fans and the locker room.

I'd rather have Cassel mentor a rookie than Vick....

If we draft a QB in the 1st rnd...the fan base wouldn't give a shit if Cassel was sitting on the bench...

jd1020
01-04-2013, 09:27 PM
I bet RG3 wishes he had someone as well experienced as Cassel teaching him the ins and outs of the fetal position.

Dave Lane
01-04-2013, 09:28 PM

IF we trade down 10 spots from #1 and only get one extra pick I will kill the then current GM and you.

JFC the morons on this board.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2013, 09:29 PM
I bet RG3 wishes he had someone as well experienced as Cassel teaching him the ins and outs of the fetal position.

Why waste money on a backup when you already have one on the roster?

jd1020
01-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Why waste money on a backup when you already have one on the roster?

No idea. Maybe because Cassel is set to make 7.5M ****ing dollars?

He's terrible. He's not even backup material. He's overpaid. He's made his guarantee. Cut him.

cosmo20002
01-04-2013, 09:31 PM

A more idiotic statement: "He couldn't get playing time despite two shitty/injured QBs on team, so he's probably pretty good."

cosmo20002
01-04-2013, 09:33 PM
I'd rather have Cassel mentor a rookie than Vick....

Mentor him on what? That is just unbelievable.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2013, 09:33 PM
No idea. Maybe because Cassel is set to make 7.5M ****ing dollars?

He's terrible. He's not even backup material. He's overpaid. He's made his guarantee. Cut him.

Restructure his contract.

Then again...you are right. We are Kansas City. This franchise has such a rich history of bringing in good QBs...we will have no problem drafting a franchise QB and going out and picking up another good QB to back up our drafted QB.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Mentor him on what? That is just unbelievable.

I'm defending him more than I wish...kinda feeling ill.

But...again...would rather have Cassel mentor him...not COACH him.

jd1020
01-04-2013, 09:36 PM
another good QB to back up our drafted QB.

"Another" would mean we actually have a good QB on the roster... Hint: We don't.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2013, 09:38 PM
"Another" would mean we actually have a good QB on the roster... Hint: We don't.

"Another"....as in our starter would be good. Hint: We would have TWO good QBs.

keg in kc
They'd be nuts to trade down. First, the guy you want might not be there. Second, staying with the first pick is a much, much bigger statement. And they need that perception as part of the rebuild. It's every bit as important a thing as hiring their coach and filling out his staff. That first pick is going to be the face of the franchise moving forward. Whoever it is.

jd1020
"Another"....as in our starter would be good. Hint: We would have TWO good QBs.

You're fucking stupid.

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 09:39 PM
-Tyler Wilson
-UFA

Already under contract to be paid nearly three times as much as Geno, the future starter.....

I am very curious to see Tanney as a 3rd string, would like to keep him around. But no to Vick and we can whoever to back him up, not Cassel and not Quinn and that's what matters most lol. Fuck Stanzi too, if he couldn't see the field with those other 2 QBs, then fuck that shit.

This is the power of social media right here. Tanney is not an NFL QB, his prospects are atrocious at the NFL level and it isn't worth the time to even try to develop him. Wouldn't mind seeing him in Stanzi's role from this year though.
A more idiotic statement: "He couldn't get playing time despite two shitty/injured QBs on team, so he's probably pretty good."

There was only one chance this season, if I am not mistaken, that Stanzi could have played. You are acting as if both QB's were hurt the entire year and we ran the wildcat year long with McCluster.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2013, 09:39 PM
You're ****ing stupid.

You're acute. (Dumb)

jd1020
01-04-2013, 09:40 PM
You're acute. (Dumb)

Funny, coming from the moron who thinks Cassel is good in any capacity.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Funny, coming from the moron who thinks Cassel is good in any capacity.

Yup. Acute.

Pin Head
01-04-2013, 09:42 PM
The 2012 QB crop was considered top heavy, strong and deep. This 2013 version is none of those things.

RealSNR
01-04-2013, 09:46 PM
-Tyler Wilson
-UFA

The Chiefs would save so much money by cutting Cassel it's not even funny. There would be zero contract-eating. Zero. Only $$$ to gain.

No way they keep him as a backup. He represents a decent veteran CB. Or RB. Or OL. Whatever you want him to be.

farmerchief
01-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Tyler Wilson
Jason Campbell
Ricky Stanzi

RealSNR
The 2012 QB crop was considered top heavy, strong and deep. This 2013 version is none of those things.

The 2013 class isn't deep? And it's not as top heavy as 2012, but it's still pretty fucking top heavy.

You're a retard.

Thig Lyfe
1. Tyler Thigpen

2. Mike Glennon

3. Peyton Manning

Exoter175
The Chiefs would save so much money by cutting Cassel it's not even funny. There would be zero contract-eating. Zero. Only $$$ to gain.

No way they keep him as a backup. He represents a decent veteran CB. Or RB. Or OL. Whatever you want him to be.

Cheerleaders. I want him to represent more attractive cheerleaders.

BossChief
01-04-2013, 09:48 PM
I'm anxious to see what Reid does with Stanzi.

I think he will be the perfect backup to Geno, but it will be interesting how he looks in preseason with a real coaching staff that knows up from down with quarterbacks.

BigRedChief
01-04-2013, 09:49 PM
I was with you until the Alex Tanney bit.

The guy will go nowhere in the NFL.WTF Stanzi? ROFL

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2013, 09:49 PM

I think he will be the perfect backup to Geno, but it will be interesting how he looks in preseason with a real coaching staff that knows up from down with quarterbacks.

Here we gooo...

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2013, 09:50 PM

who would want to trade with kc?

ClevelandBronco
01-04-2013, 09:51 PM

Tebow beat out Quinn. Quinn beat out Stanzi.

O.city
01-04-2013, 09:52 PM
I just don't feel comfortable trading down, if we are set on a Qb and still hope to draft him.

If you like him at say 4, just take him at 1 and move on.

BigRedChief
01-04-2013, 09:53 PM
IF we trade down 10 spots from #1 and only get one extra pick I will kill the then current GM and you.

JFC the morons on this board.Not if I get to him first. :rolleyes:

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 09:53 PM

110% agreed

WTF Stanzi? ROFL

Lets see, 3-0 bowl record, pretty solid W/L record as a starter, engineered about a million 4th quarter comebacks, thus the nickname in Iowa City, "4th quarter Stanzi", long before people talked about 4th quarter eli lol.

Decent mobility, decent pocket presence, good arm, very football smart, impeccable leadership skills, impeccable preparation skills, and plays with more heart than 99% of the guys out there.

Yeah, I think Stanzi makes the roster no questions asked and Reid and his staff end up being able to coach him into a solid NFL QB as they fix his mechanics.

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Tebow beat out Quinn. Quinn beat out Stanzi.

Tebow didn't beat out Quinn with the Chiefs Front Office and Coaching Staff in place.

Apples to Oranges buddy, Stanzi is WAY better than Tebow ever could be.

keg in kc
01-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Tebow didn't beat out Quinn with the Chiefs Front Office and Coaching Staff in place.

Apples to Oranges buddy, Stanzi is WAY better than Tebow ever could be.Which still doesn't make him an NFL qb.

ClevelandBronco
01-04-2013, 09:55 PM

Apples to Oranges buddy, Stanzi is WAY better than Tebow ever could be.

I'll have to take your word for it, since there's absolutely no NFL evidence you can produce to back up that claim.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Which still doesn't make him an NFL qb.

:clap:

BigRedChief
01-04-2013, 09:57 PM
I just don't feel comfortable trading down, if we are set on a Qb and still hope to draft him.

If you like him at say 4, just take him at 1 and move on.THIS. Fuck draft value. Get the QB you want and move on.

O.city
01-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Geno, Matt Moore, Developmental guy.

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Which still doesn't make him an NFL qb.

Andy Reid will

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/007/cache/walrus_747_600x450.jpg
I'll have to take your word for it, since there's absolutely no NFL evidence you can produce to back up that claim.

But we can compare the two in college all day long. Stanzi at least projected to PLAY QB, Tebow did not. ROFL

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 10:00 PM
There was only one chance this season, if I am not mistaken, that Stanzi could have played. You are acting as if both QB's were hurt the entire year and we ran the wildcat year long with McCluster.

Holy shit.

ClevelandBronco
01-04-2013, 10:00 PM
But we can compare the two in college all day long. Stanzi at least projected to PLAY QB, Tebow did not.

Which makes it all the more telling that Tebow is the one with the NFL experience.

BigRedChief
01-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Decent mobility, decent pocket presence, good arm, very football smart, impeccable leadership skills, impeccable preparation skills, and plays with more heart than 99% of the guys out there.

Yeah, I think Stanzi makes the roster no questions asked and Reid and his staff end up being able to coach him into a solid NFL QB as they fix his mechanics.Damn that's so awesome I should make that my new sig.

keg in kc
01-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Stanzi's actually awesome. It wasn't that he couldn't outperform The Turnover Twins and earn a look, they really just kept him on the bench to preserve the #1 pick.

ClevelandBronco
01-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Stanzi's actually awesome. It wasn't that he couldn't outperform The Turnover Twins and earn a look, they really just kept him on the bench to preserve the #1 pick.

I think your boy up there actually believes that.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 10:05 PM

Super secret Stanzi conspiracy. Fat Scott was positioning for a buyout. He wanted to be embarrassingly fired in KC rather than succeed and substantiate his Executive of the Year awards.

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Which makes it all the more telling that Tebow is the one with the NFL experience.

He certainly is, for now. And look how good Tebow has been. He's become the biggest joke, biggest mockery in football.

Damn that's so awesome I should make that my new sig.

DO IT

I could never buy into that, but honestly, who fucking knows why Stanzi didn't play? Especially one year after Crennel wanted to start him and Pioli said fuck that, get Orton..........we won't know until our new staff comes in and evaluates everyone.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 10:06 PM
I could never buy into that, but honestly, who ****ing knows why Stanzi didn't play? Especially one year after Crennel wanted to start him and Pioli said **** that, get Orton..........we won't know until our new staff comes in and evaluates everyone.

Link?

jd1020
01-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Shame Stanzi didn't go to a different college, wouldn't have to listen about how great of an untapped resource he is.

ClevelandBronco
01-04-2013, 10:08 PM
He certainly is, for now. And look how good Tebow has been. He's become the biggest joke, biggest mockery in football.

Next to the Chiefs, you might be right.

Look, man, Quinn played. Stanzi didn't dress. What do you need?

keg in kc
01-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Super secret Stanzi conspiracy. Fat Scott was positioning for a buyout. He wanted to be embarrassingly fired in KC rather than succeed and substantiate his Executive of the Year awards.We actually don't need to draft a QB. We believe that Stanzi is our future, teach him well and let him lead the way. Show him all the beauty of a pass thrown high.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Landry Jones is a complete fucking joke on this forum, but Stanzi is legit.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 10:11 PM
We actually don't need to draft a QB. We believe that Stanzi is our future, teach him well and let him lead the way. Show him all the beauty of a pass thrown high.

Exactly why he needed to sit and learn this year. Never had an opportunity to play--while fucking Quinn couldn't throw for 50 fucking yards in the motherfucking last game of the year.

keg in kc
01-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Well...Landry Jones should be a complete fucking joke on this forum.

jd1020
01-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Landry Jones is a complete ****ing joke on this forum, but Stanzi is legit.

Stanzi just hasn't gotten a fair shake in KC. He's never had the opportunity to play on equal level as Quinn for the backup position and choke on a dick.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Stanzi just hasn't gotten a fair shake in KC. He's never had the opportunity to play on equal level as Quinn for the backup position and choke on a dick.

He choked on that dick only because RAC and Pioli were scheming a buyout since '09.

BigRedChief
01-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Stanzi will never start a full season in the NFL for any team.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 10:14 PM

A full season. LMAO.

Brock
01-04-2013, 10:15 PM

Really going out on a limb.

RealSNR

Stanzi isn't legit, but he IS a guy already on this team.

I think Manti Te'o is a fucking joke. That doesn't mean Jovan Belcher is legit.

jd1020
I'll be disappointed if the QB situation is any less than what went down with the staff.

Great Expectations
01-04-2013, 10:16 PM
How did stanzi look in the preseason games?

keg in kc
01-04-2013, 10:16 PM
I think Manti Te'o is a ****ing joke. That doesn't mean Jovan Belcher is legit.I'm just going to move over here so I don't get hit by second-hand lightning.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Stanzi? Oh of course he never got a fair shake...

I guess shitting your pants in preseason against scrubs is enough for anyone but a true homers...

Reerun_KC
Laundry Jones is garbage...

jd1020

He was amazing! And by amazing I mean he sucked complete ass, but in the eyes of some people (Iowainians) he was worthy of playing with the starters.

RealSNR
01-04-2013, 10:19 PM
I'm just going to move over here so I don't get hit by second-hand lightning.

Bullshit. Like you don't already own 6 or 7 condos in hell.

keg in kc
01-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Bullshit. Like you don't already own 6 or 7 condos in hell already.In my defense, I thought I was buying condoms.

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Link?

It isn't hard to google it yourself, hey look, first thing I found on it.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/romeo_crennel_not_ruling_out_qb_ricky_stanzi_as_chiefs_week_15_starter/8711575
Next to the Chiefs, you might be right.

Look, man, Quinn played. Stanzi didn't dress. What do you need?

For Stanzi to take snaps in an NFL game where he isn't playing with 3rd string offensive linemen and having to run for his life before the ball is even snapped.

Landry Jones is a fucking joke period. Landry couldn't hold a candle to Stanzi in college, yet somehow Stanzi is a joke? lols

Completely possible.

Stanzi isn't legit, but he IS a guy already on this team.

I think Manti Te'o is a fucking joke. That doesn't mean Jovan Belcher is legit.

He's on the team, he knows the guys, he's a great project QB because of the intangibles he possess and how successful he was at Iowa. That right there earns you a spot on an roster, just ask Brodie Croyle, the worst Chiefs QB in history. And at least 75% of you swallowed his load for years on this roster calling for his name knowing he was good. He wasn't.

And half of this forum wants to go after Kirk Cousins, who got thrashed by Stanzi year in and year out in college.......

Like he was running for his life this season, last season when he was a rookie, the best QB on the roster.

Stanzi? Oh of course he never got a fair shake...

I guess shitting your pants in preseason against scrubs is enough for anyone but a true homers...

Shitting your pants because the entire line forgot to block? Yeah, that isn't a fair shake at all.

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm just curious, since everyone is so set on Stanzi being bad and apparently not being on the roster.

Anybody want to make a lifelong ban bet? Because I will. I'm 110% certain Stanzi stays here. If you're going to talk the talk, walk the walk with me and take my bet, otherwise, back off a little and see what Reid can do with him. I think you'd be surprised.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm just curious, since everyone is so set on Stanzi being bad and apparently not being on the roster.

Anybody want to make a lifelong ban bet? Because I will. I'm 110% certain Stanzi stays here. If you're going to talk the talk, walk the walk with me and take my bet, otherwise, back off a little and see what Reid can do with him. I think you'd be surprised.

I'll lifelong ban bet you that Stanzi doesn't start a single regular season NFL game this year...on ANY team.

stonedstooge
01-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Heard at least 2 national dudes talk about Reid fixing Casshole today

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 10:33 PM
I'll lifelong ban bet you that Stanzi doesn't start a single regular season NFL game this year...on ANY team.

Why would I do that? Nobody is going to start him this year because nobody knows if he can play, because the geniuses in our front office believe that you should play to win every game and never play guys at the tail end of a losing season so you can evaluate them in an actual game environment. Even when we're losing 300 to 3.
Heard at least 2 national dudes talk about Reid fixing Casshole today

Nothing but Fluff. The second coming of Donovan McNabb is in this draft, you bet your ass the Walrus snags him.

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2013, 10:34 PM
1. Geno Smith

2. Jason Campbell

3. E.J. Manuel

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2013, 10:34 PM
People in the media don't know anything about the situation. I heard one guy talk about Romeo coming back as a DC. I almost crashed my truck laughing.

jd1020
01-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Quinn played behind the same "shitty" line and didn't look anywhere near as incompetent as Stanzi.

jd1020
01-04-2013, 10:36 PM
1. Geno Smith

2. Jason Campbell

3. E.J. Manuel

That's a lot of chocolate.

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 10:36 PM
People in the media don't know anything about the situation. I heard one guy talk about Romeo coming back as a DC. I almost crashed my truck laughing.

He was seen walking into the the Chiefs compound today, completely serious.

He must have forgotten to pickup that wrapper.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 10:38 PM
It isn't hard to google it yourself, hey look, first thing I found on it.

Perhaps the second thing you find will actually support your initial claim.

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Perhaps the second thing you find will actually support your initial claim.

That made no sense.........

If the firs thing I found supported my claim, why would I need to find a second?

jd1020
01-04-2013, 10:56 PM

If the firs thing I found supported my claim, why would I need to find a second?

Are you capable of saying anything intelligent?

Orton was already on the roster nursing an injured finger. The only reason Stanzi was considered was because he wasn't sure that Orton would be ready and Palko started his last game when Haley went bye bye.

keg in kc
01-04-2013, 10:56 PM
If the firs thing I found supported my claim, why would I need to find a second?Your question answers itself.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 10:57 PM

It made perfect sense if you're following what you're typing.

According to you, RAC wanted to start Stanzi, but Pioli said, "**** that."

OK, prove it. A link stating that RAC was contemplating Stanzi in week 15, which was complete bullshit had you actually listened to the presser that week, doesn't prove that Pioli pulled the plug.

Pioli said no, even though RAC had already benched Pioli's son? Makes sense. It's logical, despite the total lack of evidence.

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm a Hawkeyes fan. I loved Stanzi. I loved watching the Chiefs draft him. There's no way anyone can seriously and with any hint of intelligence believe that he has an NFL future.

This ain't your Ferentz's Chiefs.

MahiMike
01-04-2013, 11:00 PM
I could see Cassel as a very decent backup but not in KC.

I'm guessing we get Dorsey ergo we sign Matt Flynn.

1. Flynn
2. Quinn
3. Tyler Bray

jd1020
01-04-2013, 11:01 PM

1. Flynn
2. Quinn
3. Tyler Bray

One man's trash is another mans trash is another mans treasure.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/5/5c/Vomit.gif

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 11:02 PM

1. Flynn
2. Quinn
3. Tyler Bray

LMAO. We might get Flynn, but there's really no way in **** that Quinn stays on this roster as the #2 QB.

Hell, I'd be completely fine with a QB of Cassel's caliber as the backup. His contract means this won't happen, but he's still ridiculously better than Quinn.

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2013, 11:02 PM

1. Flynn
2. Quinn
3. Tyler Bray

Good Lord. Belcher me, please.

BossChief
01-04-2013, 11:11 PM
There is no question that Stanzi regressed from his first preseason to his second...his first came without a training camp or other offseason activities due to the lockout, meaning he was going off his college coaching.

That can mean a few things:

He is a total loss and can't figure out the pro game
The coaching he has received as a pro has been totally worthless.
The coaches were playing favorites (Pioli is classes pet and Romeos was Quinn)

I guess we will all see what Stanzi has to offer without the political stuff going forward because Reid is a bonified QB guru.

Should be interesting.

BossChief
01-04-2013, 11:14 PM
They aren't keeping Cassel at 8million and Quinn was on a 1 year deal and did nothing to deserve to be re-signed.

Stanzi is the only quarterback under a reasonable contract for 2013.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 11:15 PM
There is no question that Stanzi regressed from his first preseason to his second...his first came without a training camp or other offseason activities due to the lockout, meaning he was going off his college coaching.

I guess we will all see what Stanzi has to offer without the political stuff going forward because Reid is a bonified QB guru.

Should be interesting.

And if he's cut, the bold is what Stanzi ball washers will cling to.

mr. tegu
01-04-2013, 11:16 PM
I just hope Reid doesn't think the same about Stanzi as some of you guys. I want Reid working with Geno or whomever he takes first and helping him develop and be ready to begin the season. NOT wasting time on Stanzi!

MahiMike
01-04-2013, 11:22 PM
LMAO. We might get Flynn, but there's really no way in **** that Quinn stays on this roster as the #2 QB.

Hell, I'd be completely fine with a QB of Cassel's caliber as the backup. His contract means this won't happen, but he's still ridiculously better than Quinn.

The #2 guy here is actually irrelevant. The #3 guys the future.

BossChief
01-04-2013, 11:26 PM
And if he's cut, the bold is what Stanzi ball washers will cling to.

I can guarantee you that I will back whatever decision Reid makes regarding Stanzi.

All I'm saying is that I know the coaching staff he worked under was total, complete crap...therefore it's nearly impossible to properly judge Stanzi based on his time with them.

The truth is that Stanzi regressed last year and I think that was due to poor coaching, that doesn't mean his mistakes were all due to that factor, though. Some of it was embarrassingly bad and he didn't look to be deserving of the stae he was on, even a preseason one. I guess we will see.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 11:27 PM
The #2 guy here is actually irrelevant. The #3 guys the future.

Backwards KC fan logic. The number 2 guy better damn well be your future.

#2 QB in NE? Denver?

Just because the Chiefs have, historically, not known the first thing about QBs doesn't mean that it excuses the fanbase for following suit.

Mile High Mania
01-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Geno, Vick and Tebow.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 11:29 PM
I can guarantee you that I will back whatever decision Reid makes regarding Stanzi.

All I'm saying is that I know the coaching staff he worked under was total, complete crap...therefore it's nearly impossible to properly judge Stanzi based on his time with them.

The truth is that Stanzi regressed last year and I think that was due to poor coaching. I guess we will see.

I agree completely with this take.

As I stated, I didn't like Stanzi as a prospect, so my comments about him have never wavered from this stance. That said, I believe he should have seen playing time during '12 because it was a lost season. Thus, there was no risk and nothing but potential upside, should Stanzi emerge/surprise/etc.

aturnis
01-04-2013, 11:33 PM
You expect a 5th round pick of the prior regime to stick around? Even though he couldn't get activated during the Cassel/Quinn era? I think having QB competent coaching in town will be perfect for Stanzi. I mean, at any point ever in the Pioli era, did you EVER see any QB get better at anything?

Who's fault is it that Stanzi looked lost this preseason? The guy was a FILM RAT in college. He certainly did not look lost his rookie year. His failures lie at the feet of Jim Zorn, and Brian Daboll.

I've been nothing but disappointed in Zorn.

Reid has done a lot more, with a lot less than what Stanzi has to offer.

aturnis
01-04-2013, 11:37 PM
the Chiefs have, historically, not known the first thing about QBs

IT'S SOOOO FUCKING SAD!

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 11:38 PM
It made perfect sense if you're following what you're typing.

According to you, RAC wanted to start Stanzi, but Pioli said, "**** that."

OK, prove it. A link stating that RAC was contemplating Stanzi in week 15, which was complete bullshit had you actually listened to the presser that week, doesn't prove that Pioli pulled the plug.

Pioli said no, even though RAC had already benched Pioli's son? Makes sense. It's logical, despite the total lack of evidence.

RAC didn't bench Pioli's son when RAC wanted to start Stanzi. Cassel was injured, and from there on out Pioli's "interests" in the roster management position were pretty blatantly shown, especially going into this year with the laughable "QB Competition" we had in camp. You know, the one where Pioli decided that we shouldn't have one for starter, because Cassel was the clear cut guy and whatnot.

I'm a Hawkeyes fan. I loved Stanzi. I loved watching the Chiefs draft him. There's no way anyone can seriously and with any hint of intelligence believe that he has an NFL future.

This ain't your Ferentz's Chiefs.

I've got quite a bit of intelligence that doesn't need to be hinted at, and I believe Stanzi has a future in the NFL. I'm not saying the guy is going to go out there and post up a career as a starter for another team, but I believe he's got everything you need in a QB to win games. Is it enough, or more, to skip over Geno? Probably not. Stanzi's had so many coaches come through this team since he has been here that I believe its done more harm than good. Maybe reid can fix that and turn him into a serviceable QB in this league, one where he could serve as Geno's backup indefinitely, and in the case that Geno goes down, play well enough to continue to win games for us.

Should be interesting.

#1 cannot be true, he came from Iowa under Ferentz where they run an NFL style offense in the Big Ten against teams that are close to "nfl style" defenses as you can get, and he was very, very successful there. I believe Option 2 is the main part to go with here, but I don't rule out #3.

Cassel was Pioli's guy, and Quinn was Crennel's guy.

They aren't keeping Cassel at 8million and Quinn was on a 1 year deal and did nothing to deserve to be re-signed.

Stanzi is the only quarterback under a reasonable contract for 2013.

These two points about Cassel and Stanzi have been what I'm getting at this entire time, and I don't believe it would be wise to completely gut the QB position here, as it is going to take some time to establish a Rythym. Stanzi is a folk hero here in KC, he's got a really good relationship with the 2nd and 3rd string guys, and I believe Reid will come in here, keep him, bring in our rookies and FA's, and build upon that relationship, whether Stanzi is 2nd or 3rd string. Stanzi kind of gives you that "rudy" guy on this roster, simply in terms of his work ethic, and no coach is going to look at that and not use it as a motivational tool.

I just hope Reid doesn't think the same about Stanzi as some of you guys. I want Reid working with Geno or whomever he takes first and helping him develop and be ready to begin the season. NOT wasting time on Stanzi!

I don't think there is a single person here advocating that Reid come in and spend time on Stanzi that he would otherwise spend on Geno.

However, you can't be so clueless as to think that Reid will come in here and spend all of his time on Geno and no one else. That isn't how coaching works, that isn't how you win games.

The QB's coach, whoever it ends up being, is going to have that closest link to Geno/Stanzi, and Reid is going to ALSO keep a close relationship there with Geno especially, as I believe Reid sees Geno as the next McNabb and will do anything he can to cultivate that talent as he was successful once doing it.

But, you can't cultivate just one QB in this league. The Redskins might not make the playoffs if Kirk Cousins doesn't go out there and win a game. And Kirk was nothing compared to Stanzi in college. Makes me think you just need solid coaching for these Big 10 QB's to get them to function properly. We haven't exactly had solid coaching here in KC, not to the likes of a Reid or a Shanahan, and I hate Shanahan.

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 11:44 PM

The truth is that Stanzi regressed last year and I think that was due to poor coaching, that doesn't mean his mistakes were all due to that factor, though. Some of it was embarrassingly bad and he didn't look to be deserving of the stae he was on, even a preseason one. I guess we will see.

And to be honest, it is hard to tell whether Stanzi regressed or not, we barely got to see him in the preseason, and we didn't get to see him with players who might actually stand a chance at the 53 man roster. It seems to me like when Crennel got his guy here, knowing Cassel was the "IT" man, that he just dumped Stanzi off to go pretend to be Peyton Manning to get the defense up to speed.

Backwards KC fan logic. The number 2 guy better damn well be your future.

#2 QB in NE? Denver?

Just because the Chiefs have, historically, not known the first thing about QBs doesn't mean that it excuses the fanbase for following suit.

I believe in terms of importance for us, our #2 guy should have an immediate importance in terms of starting right now and playing a game. With teams like ours, your #1 is your QBotF who can start, your #2 guy is the vet, and your #3 guy is that project QB who could be #1 or #2, but needs time to evaluate and work on his faults.

Geno, Vick and Tebow.

Big hell fucking no.

I think having QB competent coaching in town will be perfect for Stanzi. I mean, at any point ever in the Pioli era, did you EVER see any QB get better at anything?

Who's fault is it that Stanzi looked lost this preseason? The guy was a FILM RAT in college. He certainly did not look lost his rookie year. His failures lie at the feet of Jim Zorn, and Brian Daboll.

I've been nothing but disappointed in Zorn.

Reid has done a lot more, with a lot less than what Stanzi has to offer.

Pretty much with you here, aside from Zorn. I'm on the fence about him. I know he's a good QB's coach, and he seemed to work well with Stanzi early on, then it just stopped. Not sure what the deal was there.

Either way, Stanzi is going to stay here, and I'm intrigued to see what Reid does with him.

RealSNR
01-04-2013, 11:44 PM
I agree completely with this take.

As I stated, I didn't like Stanzi as a prospect, so my comments about him have never wavered from this stance. That said, I believe he should have seen playing time during '12 because it was a lost season. Thus, there was no risk and nothing but potential upside, should Stanzi emerge/surprise/etc.
Did you like Cousins coming out of college? I ask because it's completely irrational to give one fraction of an ounce of dap to Cousins more than Stanzi.

As much as people want to say, "C'mon, give Kirk Cousins a break, he was way better than Stanzi" it's pretty hard to point to anything Cousins did in college that Stanzi didn't do. Even in their styles of play and talent level.

Ferentz doesn't produce QBs? Well how many has Mark Dantonio produced? I haven't heard what Jeff Smoker has been up to lately.

And yet Cousins goes to Washington in a zero pressure situation with a fantastic QB coach. The starter ahead of him is an elite athlete who has made the offense click better than any Redskins QB since Joe fucking Theisman. Shit starts to move, people gain confidence, defenses start to give respect to all facets of the offense, and before you know it Cousins is placed in the perfect situation against a weak Browns defense to go out and look phenomenal.

And then what happens? People think Cousins is actually fucking LEGIT?

(Not talking about you, Deez) Blows my fucking mind how easily fooled most football fans are. Even a lot of the smart ones.

mr. tegu
01-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Hey guys let's draft a QB number one overall but let's also make sure we spend lots of time working with a fringe NFL third stringer, drafted by one of the worst GMs, who did nothing overly impressive while in college!

jd1020
01-04-2013, 11:47 PM
If Stanzi isn't at least a #2 in 2013 then there is no point in keeping him around.

BossChief
01-04-2013, 11:47 PM
The browns defense is far from weak...we will see what Stanzi is truly made of with Reid calling the shots.

BossChief
01-04-2013, 11:49 PM
Hey guys let's draft a QB number one overall but let's also make sure we spend lots of time working with a fringe NFL third stringer, drafted by one of the worst GMs, who did nothing overly impressive while in college!

That's a dumb way of looking at it. Sorry.

The coaching staffs job is to develop the entire roster, not just the starting unit.

KChiefs1
01-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Reid loves the OL. Luke Joeckel wii be #1.
The QB will be taken in Round 2. Tyler Bray wii be the pick.

aturnis
01-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Quinn played behind the same "shitty" line and didnt look anywhere near as incompetent as Stanzi.

He had also played in the offense for a full year. Stanzi was learning his second system in as many years in the NFL, and the QB coach and offensive coordinator likely spent little time on him with the project of teaching Cassel how to throw and doing your damndest to make sure he knew the offense.

Pin Head
01-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Reid is going to have his hands fulll. This 2-14 team needs A LOT of work.

Exoter175
01-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Did you like Cousins coming out of college? I ask because it's completely irrational to give one fraction of an ounce of dap to Cousins more than Stanzi.

As much as people want to say, "C'mon, give Kirk Cousins a break, he was way better than Stanzi" it's pretty hard to point to anything Cousins did in college that Stanzi didn't do. Even in their styles of play and talent level.

Ferentz doesn't produce QBs? Well how many has Tom fucking Izzo produced? I haven't heard what Jeff Smoker has been up to lately.

And yet Cousins goes to Washington in a zero pressure situation with a fantastic QB coach. The starter ahead of him is an elite athlete who has made the offense click better than any Redskins QB since Joe fucking Theisman. Shit starts to move, people gain confidence, defenses start to give respect to all facets of the offense, and before you know it Cousins is placed in the perfect situation against a weak Browns defense to go out and look phenomenal.

And then what happens? People think Cousins is actually fucking LEGIT?

(Not talking about you, Deez) Blows my fucking mind how easily fooled most football fans are. Even a lot of the smart ones.

BOOM, Headshot.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 11:55 PM

First, I'm not a Stanzi or Cousins Whisperer. I'm not.

I thought that Stanzi was an emotionally fragile bitch coming out. Unfair? Almost certainly. But this view was solidified in my mind when he checked down, at home, trailing, with time expiring and no TOs against Wisconsin (I believe).

Beautiful drive to this point. Ended by idiocy on the part of the QB. Now, one could argue that the back should have gotten out of bounds, blah, blah, blah. And maybe this is true. But the fact is that the trigger man put his teammate in a terrible place.

During the great Cassel wars of '10, I had and have no sympathy for idiocy from the QB position.

From my limited view, Cousins didn't hit these depths. Again, I didn't watch him play against NE Kansas City Tech, so I might be mistaken.

Too much stake in one play? Absolutely. Completely. But I never saw enough, even after this, to change my mind, even when Iowa bested my team in the bowl game later that season.

aturnis
01-04-2013, 11:55 PM
If Stanzi isn't at least a #2 in 2013 then there is no point in the keeping him around.

Depends on the situation. If you bring in Campbell or another vet to help along Geno/rookie QB, he'd pretty much be the #3 by default. Even if the coaches liked his potential. If they didn't feel comfortable with him as the #2 in 2014 after a year under their tutelage, then there would be no reason to keep him.

RealSNR
01-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Yes, I know that Tom Izzo coaches basketball. I fixed it.

jd1020
Depends on the situation. If you bring in Campbell or another vet to help along Geno/rookie QB, he'd pretty much be the #3 by default. Even if the coaches liked his potential. If they didn't feel comfortable with him as the #2 in 2014 after a year under their tutelage, then there would be no reason to keep him.

Not imo. How much practice is a #3 QB getting during the season?

If he can't make it to #2 in his 3rd season it's time for him to go.

Washington has 2 rookies as their top 2 QBs.

Exoter175

I thought that Stanzi was an emotionally fragile bitch coming out. Unfair? Almost certainly. But this view was solidified in my mind when he checked down, at home, trailing, with time expiring and no TOs against Wisconsin (I believe).

Beautiful drive to this point. Ended by idiocy on the part of the QB. Now, one could argue that the back should have gotten out of bounds, blah, blah, blah. And maybe this is true. But the fact is that the trigger man put his teammate in a terrible place.

During the great Cassel wars of '10, I had and have no sympathy for idiocy from the QB position.

From my limited view, Cousins didn't hit these depths. Again, I didn't watch him play against NE Kansas City Tech, so I might be mistaken.

Fragile Emotionally?

Huh?

Source? Evidence? lol

As far as the check down, you're referring to the Ferentz blunder, not Stanzi. I know the exact play, time on the clock, players on the field, etc.

I cried.

mr. tegu
01-04-2013, 11:59 PM
That's a dumb way of looking at it. Sorry.

The coaching staffs job is to develop the entire roster, not just the starting unit.

True. But Stanzi doesn't need to be a priority in any way, shape, or form. If he is here fine. If not who cares. I do not want Reid coming in here thinking he has something to work with in Stanzi, thus passing up on a first overall pick QB, all because Stanzi has not yet gotten to continue proving his suckage on Sundays.

Some people are acting like it is some travesty that Stanzi hasn't gotten a fair shake when in reality, being Pioli's pick, if he was good even in the slightest he would have been playing in an attempt to save Pioli's job.

DeezNutz
01-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Fragile Emotionally?

Huh?

Source? Evidence? lol

As far as the check down, you're referring to the Ferentz blunder, not Stanzi. I know the exact play, time on the clock, players on the field, etc.

I cried.

You can't cry "source??!!? " when one posts his opinions. The "source" is my last post. FFS.

When you post that Pioil prevented RAC from starting a player, that's when you're called out.

Badgirl?

aturnis
01-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Not imo. How much Practice is a #3 QB getting during the season?

If he can't make it to #2 in his 3rd season it's time for him to go.

Washington has 2 rookies as their top 2 QBs.

My point exactly. How can you equate what Stanzi has been through the last two years to what Cousins or even Foles has in their time in the NFL?

Stanzi looked damned good coming in as a rookie, with no offseason, and less than zero blocking. The guy truly made chicken salad out of chicken shit. Problem was, he couldn't throw it and catch it too.

Then, in comes the worst coaching staff in KC football history, new offense, spoon feeding the starter, and a backup who had played in the system for a year already. Meanwhile, Stanzi gets neglected and regresses. But somehow that's his fault.

EVERY QB ON THIS ROSTER REGRESSED THIS YEAR!

BossChief
01-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Reid loves the OL. Luke Joeckel wii be #1.
The QB will be taken in Round 2. Tyler Bray wii be the pick.why would he take a left tackle instead of just convincing Albert to stay?

Albert + Geno Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> just Joeckel.

If Reid lets Albert walk and passes on Geno (or another QB of his choosing) in favor of Drafting Joeckel...I'll eat a ghost chile.

Too much stake in one play? Absolutely. Completely. But I never saw enough, even after this, to change my mind, even when Iowa bested my team in the bowl game later that season. the trigger man put his back in position to get out of bounds to let Iowa line up for a 51 yard field goal with his team down 1 point.

Even milkman said he had no problem with the decision...he also said he thought Stanzi had "real potential" and at one time said parts of Stanzis game reminded him of a young Terry Bradshaw.

I wish the best for the kid for multiple reasons and hope he does well.

True. But Stanzi doesn't need to be a priority in any way, shape, or form. If he is here fine. If not who cares. I do not want Reid coming in here thinking he has something to work with in Stanzi, thus passing up on a first overall pick QB, all because Stanzi has not yet gotten to continue proving his suckage on Sundays.

Some people are acting like it is some travesty that Stanzi hasn't gotten a fair shake when in reality, being Pioli's pick, if he was good even in the slightest he would have been playing in an attempt to save Pioli's job.
ROFL

There is NOTHING that Stanzi has ever done to make ANYONE think he is a talent that would prohibit the selection of a at superior player with the top pick in an ensuing draft.

Just the proposed possibility of such is laughable.

jd1020
01-05-2013, 12:24 AM
My point exactly. How can you equate what Stanzi has been through the last two years to what Cousins or even Foles has in their time in the NFL?

What is your point? That keeping Stanzi on the roster for his 3rd year straight as the #3 QB makes sense?

aturnis
01-05-2013, 12:25 AM
True. But Stanzi doesn't need to be a priority . in any way, shape, or form. If he is here fine. If not who cares. dmaybe this draft foo not want TO Reid coming in here thinking he has something to work with in Stanzi, thus passing up on a first overall pick QB, all because Stanzi has not yet gotten to continue proving his suckage on Sundays.

First of all. You have to be the dumbest motherfucker even to post on this board if you think ANYONE on this forum would pass up on a QB in this draft for Stanzi. It is GENO #1 or bust.

Second, if you think Stanzi got any kind of fair shake you're a dumbass. Cassel is Pioli 63 million dollar baby, and Quinn is Romeo's first round hand picked QB. Once Clark took Pioli's power over the roster away, it was Quinn. Period.

BossChief
01-05-2013, 12:28 AM
What is your point? That keeping Stanzi on the roster for his 3rd year straight as the #3 QB makes sense?

It all comes down to if he makes the roster or not. If he does, Reid believes he has potential and maybe we can showcase Stanzi at some point for a trade in a year or two. If he cuts him, I hope the kid saved most of the money he has made.

Not many of us become millionaires with the level of ease Stanzi has.

aturnis
01-05-2013, 12:30 AM
What at at is your point. That keeping Stanzi on the roster for is 3rd year straight the #3 QB makes sense?

How can you act like Stanzi should have benefited or grown as a QB at all this year? Really. Name one reason why he should be better.

Was is Romeo's expertise, or Daboll's credentials that you are going off of?

Who was going to make him, or anyone a better QB?

jd1020
01-05-2013, 12:31 AM
How can you act like Stanzi should have benefited or grown as a QB at all this year? Really. Name one reason why he should be better.

Was is Romeo's expertise, or Daboll's credentials that you are going off of?

Who was going to make him, or anyone a better QB?

How can you act like Stanzi deserves more time if a second coaching staff says he's not worth the backup spot in year 3?

#2 or fucking cut him. He's got 2 years left on his contract.

BossChief
01-05-2013, 12:32 AM
Crennel traded up using two second rounders and a first to take Quinn iirc. Pioli traded a very high second rounder for Cassel and gave him a carbon copy of Aaron Rodgers contract (which is a clear sign that is how he saw Cassels talent level at the time ROFL)

Quinn and Cassel.

These were the chosen quarterbacks of these jackasses...I'm probably wrong about Stanzi and he will get cut...but if he doesn't, I like his chances.

aturnis
01-05-2013, 12:34 AM
You can't cry "source??!!? " when one posts his opinions. The "source" is my last post. FFS.

When you post that Pioil prevented RAC from starting a player, that's when you're called out.

Badgirl?

You point to his one choke and ignore his many late game comebacks and game winning drives...

DeezNutz
01-05-2013, 12:34 AM
So Haley was allowed to play Palko to rub it in Pioli's face, but Stanzi was off-limits why? Logical inconsistency here if we're to disregard everything associated with the past season.

jd1020
01-05-2013, 12:35 AM
You point to his one choke and ignore his many late game comebacks and game winning drives...

What is this? 2011?

DeezNutz
01-05-2013, 12:38 AM

I didn't ignore shit, which is exactly why I explicitly stated that my opinion may not be fair at all.

Based on my extremely limited exposure to Stanzi and Cousins, I wouldn't have drafted the former and would have considered the latter in the mid rounds, approximately where Stanzi was taken. I saw each play in 3 or so games per year.

Iowa fans have obviously seen shit tons more of this guy. But, as a Mizzou fan, it's important to limit one's exposure to ancillary sub-par football, and this is why I don't watch a lot of the Big X.

aturnis
01-05-2013, 12:39 AM
How can you act like Stanzi deserves more time if a second coaching staff says he's not worth the backup spot in year 3?

#2 or ****ing cut him. He's got 2 years left on his contract.

WHAT THE MOTHERFUCK does him being the #3 have to do with him deserving the #2 if the team drafts Geno or any other rookie QB to be the franchise guy and CHOOSE to bring in a veteran to help along that rookie?

Jason Campbell, Michael Vick or any other guy ain't coming here to help along a rookie QB and sit at #3!

If they choose to bring in a veteran to help, he will be #2, PERIOD!

BossChief
01-05-2013, 12:40 AM
So Haley was allowed to play Palko to rub it in Pioli's face, but Stanzi was off-limits why? Logical inconsistency here if we're to disregard everything associated with the past season.

Why was Hudson kept off the field in favor of Lilja as a rookie, even when he vastly outplayed him when he filled for an injury?
Same with Asamoah as a rookie when Lilja started at rg over him?
Why was Tom Brady inactive his rookie year?

Because of the failed farce that was just ushered out of town...that's why.

How many times did Vinny Testaverde get brought back for Parcells?

The veteran plays and the kid sits...that's their way.

jd1020
01-05-2013, 12:41 AM
WHAT THE MOTHER**** does him being the #3 have to do with him deserving the #2 if the team drafts Geno or any other rookie QB to be the franchise guy and CHOOSE to bring in a veteran to help along that rookie?

He doesn't deserve the #2 spot. He either earns it or he needs to be cut. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

BossChief
01-05-2013, 12:41 AM
WHAT THE MOTHER**** does him being the #3 have to do with him deserving the #2 if the team drafts Geno or any other rookie QB to be the franchise guy and CHOOSE to bring in a veteran to help along that rookie?

Jason Campbell, Michael Vick or any other guy ain't coming here to help along a rookie QB and sit at #3!

If they choose to bring in a veteran to help, he will be #2, PERIOD!

If they sign a starting quality vet, that means Stanzi would get cut.

If they draft two, Stanzi will stick.

aturnis
01-05-2013, 12:42 AM

Based on Pioli's and Patriots history with rookie QB's, what makes you think Stanzi was an option for Todd?

DeezNutz
01-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Why was Hudson kept off the field in favor of Lilja as a rookie, even when he vastly outplayed him when he filled for an injury?

Are you really going to assert that Palko had earned "vet status" with any of the coaches? The Palko of 6 total pass attempts in the regular season, prior to '11? OK.

Come on, brah. This is a ridiculous stretch.

DeezNutz
01-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Based on Pioli's and Patriots history with rookie QB's, what makes you think Stanzi was an option for Todd?

Because Haley hated Pioli and Palko was equally unproven and raw.

aturnis
01-05-2013, 12:46 AM
If they sign a starting quality vet, that means Stanzi would get cut..

If they draft two, Stanzi will stick.

I think the opposite. If you bring in two rookies, you HAVE to bring in a veteran journeyman. Look at Washington.

If you bring in our election and a veteran, then your third spot is there for a guy you think MIGHT have a chance of being good.

aturnis
01-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Because. se Haley hated Pioli and Palko was equally unproven and raw.

Pioli set the game day roster

aturnis
01-05-2013, 12:48 AM
He doesn't deserve the #2 spot. He either earns it or he needs to be cut. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

So who is going to help along your rookie franchise QB if he does earn it?

jd1020
01-05-2013, 12:48 AM
So who is going to help along your rookie franchise QB?

The coaches?

Unless you believe Stanzi has some insight that will be helpful to the new rookie QB.

DeezNutz
01-05-2013, 12:49 AM
Pioli set the game day roster

So Pioli green lighted Palko? However, according to some narratives, Haley started Palko to spite Pioli. These two narratives cannot co-exist.

The easiest explanation, the one that accounts for the last two years combined, is that Stanzi isn't very good.

Trust me, I'm not rooting for this. We need a great QB, and if some 5th round diamond in the rough can be this guy? Beautiful.

But the odds say, and pretty convincingly, that he sucks.

Go prove the odds wrong, Stanzi. We're all cheering for you.

BossChief
01-05-2013, 12:51 AM
Are you really going to assert that Palko had earned "vet status" with any of the coaches? The Palko of 6 total pass attempts in the regular season, prior to '11? OK.

Come on, brah. This is a ridiculous stretch.

Palko was the backup for 2010, too. To those mongoloids we just sent packing, he was the vet quarterback.

Laughable? Absolutely. The truth? Sadly, yes.

aturnis
01-05-2013, 12:55 AM
So Pioli green lighted Palko However, according to some narrative, Haley started Palko to spite Pioli. These two narratives cannot co-exist.

The easiest explanation, the one that accounts for the last two years combined, is that Stanzi isn't very good.

Trust me, I'm not rooting for this. We need a great QB, and if some 5th round diamond in the rough can be this guy? Beautiful.

But the odds say, and pretty convincingly, that he sucks.

Go prove the odds wrong, Stanzi. We're all cheering for you.

The "Haley started Palko in spite of Pioli" was the best attempt by fans to rationalize what was happening, conspiracy theory.

The fact that Pioli set the game day roster for Haley, was reported by connected people in industry...

NJChiefsFan
01-05-2013, 01:04 AM
BOOM, Headshot.

I think you are confusing this as a defense of stanzi when it isn't. SNR corect me if I am wrong..

BossChief
01-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Reid was able to coach up AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb to where he flipped them for second rounders...I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Reid is able to duplicate something like that with Stanzi.

jd1020
01-05-2013, 01:19 AM
Reid was able to coach up AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb to where he flipped them for second rounders...I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Reid is able to duplicate something like that with Stanzi.

He might not have to. I heard Pioli was good about trading 2nd round picks for his previous teams trash.

Seriously though, I doubt we flip Stanzi for anything. AJ Feely went on a tear to lead the Eagles to the playoffs winning 4 out of 5 and Kolb spent 4 years in Philly, which means Stanzi would need to be extended.

I'd rather have Reid start from scratch with the QBs. He'd have to take a blind leap of faith on Stanzi, who we all agree was drafted by a FO that doesn't know shit about QBs. Let the "QB guru" draft 2 QBs and get a vet.

mcaj22
01-05-2013, 01:34 AM

Ryan Lilja finished his career with us grading out positive in all three years on PFF

yes including this year. He was very good for us. Quit being a homer for shitty Pioli picks

BossChief
01-05-2013, 01:39 AM
Asamoah and Hudson were shitty picks now?

ROFL

aturnis
01-05-2013, 01:40 AM
I think you are confusing this as a defense of stanzi when it isn't. SNR corect me if I am wrong..

Nope. SNR has been a big Stanzi supporter.

BurtGummer44Magnum
01-05-2013, 02:08 AM
Tony Romo

Geno Smith

Collin Klein

AussieChiefsFan
01-05-2013, 02:15 AM
Tony Romo

Geno Smith

Collin KleinLMAO

Sorter
01-05-2013, 02:30 AM
The "Haley started Palko in spite of Pioli" was the best attempt by fans to rationalize what was happening, conspiracy theory.

The fact that Pioli set the game day roster for Haley, was reported by connected people in industry...

There are few different options that seem plausible

1. Haley wanted Palko, and started him out of spite
2. Haley wanted Palko, thought he was horrible and was denied to start another (Stanzi, Orton)
3. Haley didn't want Palko and he was forced to start him

IMO, those are the 3 most plausible scenarios.

RealSNR
01-05-2013, 02:40 AM
Nope. SNR has been a big Stanzi supporter.

I like Stanzi. Wish all the best for him, and I STILL think if he were in a better system with better coaches and were given an opportunity, he could be a decent NFL QB. I still say he was the best QB on our roster this season.

In a way I should be thankful that he struggled in preseason. If he had beat out Brady Quinn he would have won games during the season when Cassel got benched.

I've moved on from Stanzi. Again, wish him all the best in his football career. But now I'm all about Geno Smith. Ricky isn't a concern or a care of mine.

Sorter
01-05-2013, 02:42 AM
I like Stanzi. Wish all the best for him, and I STILL think if he were in a better system with better coaches and were given an opportunity, he could be a decent NFL QB. I still say he was the best QB on our roster this season.

In a way I should be thankful that he struggled in preseason. If he had beat out Brady Quinn he would have won games during the season when Cassel got benched.

I've moved on from Stanzi. Again, wish him all the best in his football career. But now I'm all about Geno Smith. Ricky isn't a concern or a care of mine.

QFt

RealSNR
01-05-2013, 02:44 AM

It was mostly an excuse to shit on Kirk Cousins. I do relish those opportunities, because I think Cousins would be sucking hard/would be as irrelevant as Stanzi if he weren't being coddled by Rat and Friends in Washington.

You take a poster like Reerun who fucking loathes Stanzi but is open to acquiring Cousins for the right price as a backup. That kind of stupidity makes my blood boil.

NJChiefsFan
01-05-2013, 02:59 AM
It was mostly an excuse to shit on Kirk Cousins. I do relish those opportunities, because I think Cousins would be sucking hard/would be as irrelevant as Stanzi if he weren't being coddled by Rat and Friends in Washington.

You take a poster like Reerun who ****ing loathes Stanzi but is open to acquiring Cousins for the right price as a backup. That kind of stupidity makes my blood boil.

I hear you. That makes more sense. I was on the Stanzi train this offseason if for no other reason than we were looking at a wasted season with the other 2 QBs. Why not just try it. I thought his original preseason was decent. At this point with the situation we are currently in Stanzi basically gets pushed to the back whether he deserves it or not. I would agree though that Cousins came into a very comfortable situation, relatively speaking, something that Stanzi was never going to see.

TimeForWasp
01-05-2013, 07:15 AM
I think Vick is like an abused dog right now. He lost his spunk and confidence. He is ruined.