PDA

View Full Version : Football Bucs not planning to extend Josh Freeman

Pages : [1] 2 3

shitgoose
01-07-2013, 08:18 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/bucs-have-no-plans-to-extend-josh-freemans-contract/

According to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, the Bucs won’t be extending Freeman’s contract, which expires after the 2013 season. And as Stroud explains it, the decision not to sign Freeman to a new deal could be part of a plan by coach Greg Schiano, who inherited Freeman, to get his own quarterback. And Freeman may change Schiano’s mind only by playing so well this season that Freeman leaves the Bucs with no other option than to use the franchise tag or sign him to a long-term deal.

One possibility would be to apply the non-exclusive tag and to see if anyone is willing to sign Freeman to an offer sheet and give up a pair of first-round picks. That would enable the Bucs to pull a reverse Keyshawn, giving up a player and getting two first-round picks 14 years after they gave up two first-round picks to get Keyshawn Johnson from the Jets.

The Bucs likely would settle for less, since the alternative will be to let Freeman walk away.

shitgoose
01-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Sign me up. Guy is from KC and only 24 years old.

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 08:20 AM
:hmmm:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Wow. This one intrigues me.

MotherfuckerJones
Hmmm..maybe he's a trade option for KC. Sign me up for a 2nd rounder

Deberg_1990
He strikes as pretty meh.....

Red And Yellow
01-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Freeman is a decent QB, from the KC area too if I remember right?

Brock
01-07-2013, 08:24 AM
see if anyone is willing to sign Freeman to an offer sheet and give up a pair of first-round picks.

Ha ha, right.

FlaChief58
01-07-2013, 08:24 AM
I'd still want them to draft a QBOTF but, there's a move I could live with

Molitoth
01-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Meh. I would NOT be impressed with him as a #1 option unless Geno Smith/Tyler Wilson was competing with him for the starting job. This would create some good competition and leave us with a good backup.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 08:28 AM
ROFL

Dudes been mediocre at best and the Chiefs have the #1 pick to get their own QB and some people are drooling over this kid to be a Chief.

NO!

Al Bundy
01-07-2013, 08:29 AM
There is a reason we have not extended him. His footwork is poor and he has some accuracy "issues".

01-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Not for 2 first round picks. No way.

Pushead2
01-07-2013, 08:30 AM
ROFL

Dudes been mediocre at best and the Chiefs have the #1 pick to get their own QB and some people are drooling over this kid to be a Chief.

NO!

Drafting Geno & getting Freeman > Cassel, Quinn & Stanzi.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Drafting Geno & getting Freeman > Cassel, Quinn & Stanzi.

Drafting Geno and not wasting picks to trade for Freeman > Drafting Geno and trading for Freeman.

Imon Yourside
01-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Not for 2 first round picks. No way.

Stole my wording exactly, as a FA maybe but no way to that.

shitgoose
ROFL

NO!

#1 pick in a draft that most people would agree is weak at the top, specifically at the QB position.

Deberg_1990
There is a reason we have not extended him. His footwork is poor and he has some accuracy "issues".

The most important thing is, he doesnt appear to much of a winner.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 08:32 AM
#1 pick in a draft that most people would agree is weak at the top, specifically at the QB position.

What's your point?

You think the Buccaneers aren't extending Freeman because he's a great QB and to do the Chiefs a favor?

MotherfuckerJones
01-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Ha ha, right.

ROFL Best joke ive hear in a long time!

Dave Lane
Meh. I would NOT be impressed with him as a #1 option unless Geno Smith/Tyler Wilson was competing with him for the starting job. This would create some good competition and leave us with a good backup.

This. A 3rd going to a 2nd with playing time in 2014 would be nice for Freeman.

KC kid
Drafting Geno and not wasting picks to trade for Freeman > Drafting Geno and trading for Freeman.

Trading a 2nd for Freeman is way too much. The reason they are going to be parting ways with him is he is just not very good. You do not give up anything more than a 4th or 5th for him

MotherfuckerJones
01-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Im not drooling over the kid. But if we could give up a 3rd or maybe a 2nd then you gota entertain it.

MotherfuckerJones
01-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Trading a 2nd for Freeman is way too much. The reason they are going to be parting ways with him is he is just not very good. You do not give up anything more than a 4th or 5th for him

Youre right i was just throwing some picks around. If we could give up a 4th this year and a conditional pick next year. Id go for it

FlaChief58
01-07-2013, 08:36 AM
ROFL

NO!

We're going to need at least 2 new QBs and everyone agrees that one of them should be a vet. Freeman is no Montanna but, he's not Jafatass either. He would be a hell of a backup and could start a few games if needed. If you could get him at a reasonable price I really dont see a problem with it

CaliforniaChief
01-07-2013, 08:37 AM
In a QB-driven league, when a team doesn't extend a 24 year old QB who was drafted in the first round, you've got to wonder if it's buyer beware.

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 08:37 AM
For a 4th. As a backup to Geno/whoever we draft, Id be happy to have him.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 08:38 AM
I'll take FA Jason Campbell or Matt Moore and save the 3rd/4th round pick, thank you.

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 08:41 AM
We should not be giving up picks for ANYBODY.

If a team is willing to part with a player, whether it's Cousins, Flynn, or Freeman, there's a REASON for it.

Sign a FREE agent and keep our picks.

King_Chief_Fan
01-07-2013, 08:42 AM
We're going to need at least 2 new QBs and everyone agrees that one of them should be a vet. Freeman is no Montanna but, he's not Jafatass either. He would be a hell of a backup and could start a few games if needed. If you could get him at a reasonable price I really dont see a problem with it

well, he is better than Stanzi and Stanzi will need to be replaced so if he will be happy taking the 3rd spot on the depth chart to see if he can improve his position...ok

ChiliConCarnage
01-07-2013, 08:43 AM
One possibility would be to apply the non-exclusive tag and to see if anyone is willing to sign Freeman to an offer sheet and give up a pair of first-round picks.

I wonder how hard he laughed after writing that

Pooch
01-07-2013, 08:44 AM
I think it is crazy that half the people on this site act like Geno is bust proof. I wonder what they know that none of the scouts that do this for a living don't?

FlaChief58
01-07-2013, 08:45 AM
well, he is better than Stanzi and Stanzi will need to be replaced so if he will be happy taking the 3rd spot on the depth chart to see if he can improve his position...ok

A guy like this is right in Reid's wheelhouse. With some quality coaching, Freeman should improve

jd1020
01-07-2013, 08:47 AM
I think it is crazy that half the people on this site act like Geno is bust proof. I wonder what they know that none of the scouts that do this for a living don't?

I think Geno is so bust proof I want the Chiefs to draft 2 QBs this year while signing Jason Campbell or Matt Moore.

shitgoose
01-07-2013, 08:48 AM
What's your point?

You think the Buccaneers aren't extending Freeman because he's a great QB and to do the Chiefs a favor?

My point is I don't think there is a great QB to be had in the draft. I know Geno is god around here but let's not pretend he's a proven commodity.

Secondly, if you read the article you might have noticed it mentioned that Schiano might be looking for his own guy. If he and Freeman are not a good match than Freeman moves on. You can't deny this guy has talent. Not saying he is Aaron Rodgers and Terry Bradshaws love child or anything but he's 20x the QB the Chiefs have had in the last 5 years.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 08:48 AM
My point is I don't think there is a great QB to be had in the draft. I know Geno is god around here but let's not pretend he's a proven commodity.

Secondly, if you read the article you might have noticed it mentioned that Schiano might be looking for his own guy. If he and Freeman are not a good match than Freeman moves on. You can't deny this guy has talent. Not saying he is Aaron Rodgers and Terry Bradshaws love child or anything but he's 20x the QB the Chiefs have had in the last 5 years.

Tebow has talent. He's just not very good.

Jets are taking offers.

TheGuardian
01-07-2013, 08:49 AM
God no. Next.

shitgoose
01-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Tebow has talent. He's just not very good.

Jets are taking offers.

You're right. Forget Freeman, Matt Moore/Jason Campbell FTW!!!!!ROFL

Geno is bust proof!!!LMAO

Iowanian
01-07-2013, 08:52 AM
He was decent as a rookie but has pretty much sucked the past 2 seasons.

If a 24 year old 1st rounder with 3 years experience is being shopped, it's not because the team likes his upside.

Better than what we have now, but not the answer IMO.

hawkchief
01-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Absolutely no thanks. We've had enough stiffs around here, no need for another one.

Next.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 08:55 AM
You're right. Forget Freeman, Matt Moore/Jason Campbell FTW!!!!!ROFL

Geno is bust proof!!!LMAO

Yes, because not wanting to trade for a once first round pick that is already being shown the door before his rookie deal expires means Geno is bust proof.

God this fan base is stupid.

BigMeatballDave
01-07-2013, 08:59 AM
I wanna see Clay's reaction to this... :D

jd1020
01-07-2013, 09:00 AM
I wanna see Clay's reaction to this... :D

PFF is going to show us how Freeman is better than Cassel and Quinn.

-King-
01-07-2013, 09:00 AM

Cant deny Brady Quinn's talent either.

And who the fuck cares if hes better than the qbs we've had lately. 75% of the qbs in the league fit that description. It doesn't take much to be better than them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
01-07-2013, 09:01 AM

Hell fucking no...

BigMeatballDave
01-07-2013, 09:04 AM
I'd like Freeman if he were a FA.

2 firsts? LMAO

Al Bundy
He was decent as a rookie but has pretty much sucked the past 2 seasons.

If a 24 year old 1st rounder with 3 years experience is being shopped, it's not because the team likes his upside.

Better than what we have now, but not the answer IMO.

He was good in his second year, but 2011 was a trainwreck and the last month of last season he was below average. However, in his defense the entire team struggled.

shitgoose
Yes, because not wanting to trade for a once first round pick that is already being shown the door before his rookie deal expires means Geno is bust proof.

But drafting two qb's and pinning you hopes for the 2013 season on Jason Campbell/Matt Moore is much smarter than drafting one qb and trading a mid-round pick for a 24 year old first rd qb who won 10 games his first full year starting and posted the below numbers.

2010 TB 16 291 474 61.4 3,451 7.3 25 6 95.9

RealSNR
01-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Yeah this kind of thing ALWAYS works out in the NFL... :rolleyes:

GENO ISN'T A SURE THING GUYS

Yeah, I'm sure that's what the Bears said when they traded for Cutler

jd1020
01-07-2013, 09:06 AM
But drafting two qb's and pinning you hopes for the 2013 season on Jason Campbell/Matt Moore is much smarter than drafting one qb and trading a mid-round pick for a 24 year old first rd qb who won 10 games his first full year starting and posted the below numbers is idiotic.

Who the **** said we were going to pin our hopes on Jason Campbell or Matt Moore. They would be the backup you dumbass.

I heard Matt Cassel put up a good stat line one year too. We should keep him!

shitgoose
01-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Who the **** said we were going to pin our hopes on Jason Campbell or Matt Moore. They would be the backup you dumbass.

I heard Matt Cassel put up a good stat line one year too. We should keep him!

I'm not suggesting we sign Freeman to a 6/$60M dollar deal you fucking idiot. I think we should take a flyer on Freeman for a mid-round pick. I want this football team to upgrade the QB position anyway possible. Drafting a QB at #1 isn't enough. Freeman is young and talented. He has more upside than any qb you will take in the mid rounds of this draft IMO.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm not suggesting we sign Freeman to a 6/$60M dollar deal you ****ing idiot. I think we should take a flyer on Freeman for a mid-round pick. I want this football team to upgrade the QB position anyway possible. Drafting a QB at #1 isn't enough. Freeman is young and talented. He has more upside than any qb you will take in the mid rounds of this draft IMO.

And I never said you were suggesting signing Freeman to a $60M deal you dumbass.

He doesn't have more upside than mid round QBs in this draft because he's as talented as a mid round pick and he's shown what he can do in the NFL and its NOT GOOD.

htismaqe

:clap::clap::clap:

RealSNR
I'm not suggesting we sign Freeman to a 6/$60M dollar deal you fucking idiot. I think we should take a flyer on Freeman for a mid-round pick. I want this football team to upgrade the QB position anyway possible. Drafting a QB at #1 isn't enough. Freeman is young and talented. He has more upside than any qb you will take in the mid rounds of this draft IMO.

Agreed.

So take a QB in the first round of the draft instead.

htismaqe
I think we should take a flyer on Freeman for a mid-round pick.

NO. NO. FUCK NO.

We need EVERY pick we have. Get a FREE AGENT.

Easy 6
01-07-2013, 09:17 AM
I'd take this guy in a HEARTBEAT, he's EXACTLY the kind of big, physical pocket passer i prefer.

Guys like that arent nearly as afraid to step into pressure, they can make throws with guys hanging all over them and are much harder to sack... give him intense coaching and guidance and look out.

I would LOVE it, take a young hotshot #1 and let'em fight it out.

LiveSteam
Do not bring him in for a look
I repeat
Do not bring him in for a look

houstonwhodat
Keep looking.

He is not your answer.

As much as Andy Reid likes to throw you need to find the next Brees, Brady, Manning or Rodgers.

I have no idea who in the hell that is though.

Dante84
01-07-2013, 09:18 AM
QB in the first, and snag Freeman for the correct price (not two firsts).

Regarding Freeman's upside, I would defer to Reid. Freeman has shown some awesome flashes, and also sucked a lot of ass. Maybe its a correctable thing, maybe its not.

But again, I would defer to Reid's QB knowledge.

WhiteWhale
01-07-2013, 09:19 AM
I suggest a good number of you read the goddamn article to avoid confusion.

The bucs aren't releasing him. He won't be a FA this off-season.

They're going to make him play out his contract. After seeing what he does next season they'll make a decision to re sign him, let him walk, or franchise him. They're just not extending him NOW.

Reading is fundamental folks.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 09:21 AM

They're going to make him play out his contract. After seeing what he does next season they'll make a decision to re sign him, let him walk, or franchise him. They're just not extending him NOW.

Thats not what the article suggests at all.

That is the writers opinion.

Comprehension is fundamental.

BigMeatballDave
01-07-2013, 09:22 AM

Uh, yeah. We know. These threads are designed for discussion.

Mostly, no one here would trade for him.

Dante84
01-07-2013, 09:23 AM

I think its safe to assume they wouldn't leak this information if they weren't trying to create some trade hype.

WhiteWhale
01-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Thats not what the article suggests at all.

That is the writers opinion.

Comprehension is fundamental.

Freeman's contract status is NOT an opinion.

It expires after 2013, not 2012. He won't be a FA this offseason. People need to stop acting like he's an option this off-season. He won't be.

A lot of people aren't talking about him in trade manner. You don't 'bring him in for a look' when you trade for a guy. That's FA talk.

HemiEd
01-07-2013, 09:26 AM
The last time this team had a high 2nd round pick, it was traded for Matt Cassel.

Maybe the team could trade Cassel to Tampa for Freeman? Throw in Quinn?

Keep the picks, no thanks for trading them away again.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Freeman's contract status is NOT an opinion.

It expires after 2013, not 2012. He won't be a FA this offseason. People need to stop acting like he's an option this off-season. He won't be.

A lot of people aren't talking about him in trade manner. You don't 'bring him in for a look' when you trade for a guy. That's FA talk.

:facepalm:

The only thing not an opinion in this article is the leak that the Buccs aren't going to extend Freeman.

No one has said "bring him in for a look" until you just said it right there.

"Reading is fundamental."

01-07-2013, 09:30 AM
There is no way you guys can get Freeman this year without giving up a pick or picks. The Chiefs cannot afford to throw away any picks right now.

Easy 6
01-07-2013, 09:38 AM

LMAO i'm at work, not always a lot of time to read through everything.

As for me, just giving an instant thought on the guy.

Rausch
01-07-2013, 09:41 AM
I'd like Freeman if he were a FA.

2 firsts? LMAO

I wouldn't trade for him at all.

Period.

As a FA I'd consider bringing him in just like we did Brady (bye.)

Reerun_KC
01-07-2013, 09:43 AM
The most important thing is, he doesnt appear to much of a winner.

Then this is exactly what Chiefs fans want under center...

-King-
01-07-2013, 09:45 AM
I'd take this guy in a HEARTBEAT, he's EXACTLY the kind of big, physical pocket passer i prefer.

Guys like that arent nearly as afraid to step into pressure, they can make throws with guys hanging all over them and are much harder to sack... give him intense coaching and guidance and look out.

I would LOVE it, take a young hotshot #1 and let'em fight it out.

Have you ever seen him play ?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
01-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Anyone OTHER than KC?...

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2013, 09:48 AM

:spock:

Easy 6
01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, he's very inconsistent, but i'd bet that with a top QB man in his ear every day he could fix that.

He isnt available anyway, oh well, still excited for the future.

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 09:52 AM
after he's cut, if reid thinks he has potential, ok.

petegz28
01-07-2013, 09:55 AM
I'd give a low 2nd and a pack of hubba-bubba

Chiefshrink
01-07-2013, 09:57 AM
In a QB-driven league, when a team doesn't extend a 24 year old QB who was drafted in the first round, you've got to wonder if it's buyer beware.

Yep. And who trusts that he doesn't turn into a drama queen because he can't beat the QBOTF out of a starting position as a 24 yr old as he sits on the bench in HIS HOMETOWN ?

Dante84
01-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Yep. And who trusts that he doesn't turn into a drama queen because he can't beat the QBOTF out of a starting position as a 24 yr old as he sits on the bench in HIS HOMETOWN ?

He's never been a drama queen.

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 10:04 AM
casshole and stanzi trade for freeman, do it walrus!

jd1020
01-07-2013, 10:06 AM
casshole and stanzi trade for freeman, do it walrus!

That's about the only trade I would do for Freeman... trash for trash.

HemiEd
01-07-2013, 10:06 AM
I would love to see what Freeman could do under the right circumstances.

He had Ron Prince for a HC in College. I am not sure Raheem Morris and Greg Schiano (sp?) were as qualified as Reid to get him playing up to his potential.

He has the body and the skills much superior to anyone the team has had on the roster for quite some time.

This in no way should prohibit the team from drafting a QB in round one (the only option that will make me happy), but I would much prefer to have Freeman on the roster than Quinn or Cassel or about any other brokedick recycle that will be available.

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 10:11 AM
That's about the only trade I would do for Freeman... trash for trash.

one man's trash, yadda yadda.... still fresh starts for all = winning. worst case we get an upgrade at qb for the scout team, or likely just a viable back up option to our rookie draft pick. but extreme optimistic possibilities exist also.

The Franchise
01-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Freeman isn't coming here to be a backup. We sign Freeman.....there is no 1st round QB.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure who Josh Freeman is, but he's no Cassel. The guy had a breakout season with 4,000 yards and 27 TD, and a huge improvement over what he did in 2011.

Trying to win games with the 29th ranked defense on your back is no easy task.

RealSNR
01-07-2013, 10:26 AM
As far as I know, is Drew Brees the only case of a team trading for a STARTING QB and winning a Super Bowl?

That is, the QB's previous team, for whatever reason, decided they didn't want him anymore and traded him away. The guy started with another team and that team won the Super Bowl?

HemiEd
01-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Freeman isn't coming here to be a backup. We sign Freeman.....there is no 1st round QB.
Do you think the drafted 1st round Qb should start from day 1? There is a lot of evidence both ways.

I'm not sure who Josh Freeman is, but he's no Cassel. The guy had a breakout season with 4,000 yards and 27 TD, and a huge improvement over what he did in 2011.

Trying to win games with the 29th ranked defense on your back is no easy task.

This

ModSocks
01-07-2013, 10:28 AM
No. No, no, no.

I don't want to even discuss any other QB's. Draft your QB, develop him. You likely won't get this chance again any time soon.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2013, 10:29 AM
The Bucs had 4 losses where their defense gave up at least 31 points.

That said, Freeman needs to win these late season games against Philly, New Orleans and St. Louis.

I'm not sure what happened to that team because they looked really, really good about week 10.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 10:34 AM
As far as I know, is Drew Brees the only case of a team trading for a STARTING QB and winning a Super Bowl?

That is, the QB's previous team, for whatever reason, decided they didn't want him anymore and traded him away. The guy started with another team and that team won the Super Bowl?

Drew Brees is different, imo.

If he didn't get injured he would likely have never been traded.

He wasn't a trash trade, in the sense that he sucked.

ModSocks
01-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Drew Brees is different, imo.

If he didn't get injured he would likely have never been traded.

He wasn't traded.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 10:35 AM
He wasn't traded.

Sorry, let go.

I used "trade" because thats what SNR used.

He was offered a terrible incentive based deal and he walked.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2013, 10:38 AM
We should not be giving up picks for ANYBODY.

If a team is willing to part with a player, whether it's Cousins, Flynn, or Freeman, there's a REASON for it.

Sign a FREE agent and keep our picks.

Fuck. Schiano could just be a retard. He's not proven at all. Freeman is not Flynn, or Cousins. He's a 1st round talent that has flashed under mediocre coaches. I would not complain if we gave up our 2nd rounder and made him our QBOTF. He's 24. We could have him for 15 years and have him coached by a guru. Yeah, I'd be just fine with that, and I've been on the draft a franchise QB longer than most. Freeman is one of the very rare exceptions to the rule.

RealSNR
01-07-2013, 10:39 AM
He wasn't traded.

Poo.

So my question still stands. Has it ever happened before?

jd1020
01-07-2013, 10:40 AM
****. Schiano could just be a retard. He's not proven at all. Freeman is not Flynn, or Cousins. He's a 1st round talent that has flashed under mediocre coaches. I would not complain if we gave up our 2nd rounder and made him our QBOTF. He's 24. We could have him for 15 years and have him coached by a guru. Yeah, I'd be just fine with that, and I've been on the draft a franchise QB longer than most. Freeman is one of the very rare exceptions to the rule.

That makes one of us. I would be ****ing livid if this team passed up on Geno, who appears to be the opposite of everything bad about Freeman, to make Freeman our QBotF.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Fuck. Schiano could just be a retard. He's not proven at all. Freeman is not Flynn, or Cousins. He's a 1st round talent that has flashed under mediocre coaches. I would not complain if we gave up our 2nd rounder and made him our QBOTF. He's 24. We could have him for 15 years and have him coached by a guru. Yeah, I'd be just fine with that, and I've been on the draft a franchise QB longer than most. Freeman is one of the very rare exceptions to the rule.

Eh.

I wouldn't trade for him.

I like his game but we have the #1 pick, and we need to take a QB.

Freeman is another time, another place.

boogblaster
01-07-2013, 10:41 AM
yea ..

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 10:47 AM
****. Schiano could just be a retard. He's not proven at all. Freeman is not Flynn, or Cousins. He's a 1st round talent that has flashed under mediocre coaches. I would not complain if we gave up our 2nd rounder and made him our QBOTF. He's 24. We could have him for 15 years and have him coached by a guru. Yeah, I'd be just fine with that, and I've been on the draft a franchise QB longer than most. Freeman is one of the very rare exceptions to the rule.

has to be predicated on reid seeing something there (sorry I even have to state that) still we go for smith or wilson in the draft and either keep quinn (again, HTBPORSST) or get a third vet option. I want to see options and a QB compitition. I also rather not trade a draft pick for him. trade T jackson, casshole, or some player combo that benefits both teams.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2013, 10:49 AM
I have a suspicion Freeman is just Kerry Collins, after the way this year ended actually.

But I'd still like to see him become Ben Roethlisberger Lite.

He can absolutely spin a ball down the field at a high level...it's just his consistency.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 10:50 AM
has to be predicated on reid seeing something there (sorry I even have to state that) still we go for smith or wilson in the draft and either keep quinn (again, HTBPORSST) or get a third vet option. I want to see options and a QB compitition. I also rather not trade a draft pick for him. trade T jackson, casshole, or some player combo that benefits both teams.

Keep Quinn? WWWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?????????????

Dude signed a 1 year deal. After what we just witnessed why in the fuck would you re sign him?

ChiliConCarnage
01-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Poo.

So my question still stands. Has it ever happened before?

Favre might be the closest thing but he didn't really play much for the Falcons

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 10:55 AM
That makes one of us. I would be ****ing livid if this team passed up on Geno, who appears to be the opposite of everything bad about Freeman, to make Freeman our QBotF.

:clap:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Eh.

I wouldn't trade for him.

I like his game but we have the #1 pick, and we need to take a QB.

Freeman is another time, another place.

I prefer we draft Geno. Obviously, I'm just saying I wouldn't scream about it. It's the very rare scenario that I could totally get behind.

ChiliConCarnage
01-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Steve Young was traded also

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Steve Young was traded also

As was a young Brett Favre.

The Franchise
01-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Do you think the drafted 1st round Qb should start from day 1? There is a lot of evidence both ways.

While true.......Josh Freeman is what....24 years old? We're not going to trade for Freeman and then take another QB with the 1st overall pick. If Freeman was older....maybe.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2013, 10:59 AM
While true.......Josh Freeman is what....24 years old? We're not going to trade for Freeman and then take another QB with the 1st overall pick. If Freeman was older....maybe.

Yeah, we make a move on Freeman, it's because Reid wants him as the guy. He's literally the only person out there that wouldn't make me pull my hair out. I should clarify, it's not my choice, it's just an option I wouldn't go crazy over. Matt Flynn, Alex Smith, Mike Vick, those are moves that would make me crazy.

RealSNR
01-07-2013, 11:02 AM
I have a suspicion Freeman is just Kerry Collins, after the way this year ended actually.

But I'd still like to see him become Ben Roethlisberger Lite.

He can absolutely spin a ball down the field at a high level...it's just his consistency.
If the Chiefs had the #11 pick or some shit like that and this was 2012 in which our front office sat on their asses and let teams rush up to draft Luck, RGIII, and Tannehill, I'd be happy to trade for Freeman to see what he could do with a real coach like Reid.

But this isn't, so I'd rather we draft a guy.

mdchiefsfan
01-07-2013, 11:04 AM

I'm in this boat

jd1020
01-07-2013, 11:04 AM
I could get behind Pioli staying in a reduced role because all of the power was going to Reid and you could stick Pioli in his little corner to work the fax machine.

I would be off the wall if this team yet again went the route of trading for another teams trash when they have the #1 pick in the draft. It hasn't worked for 43 fucking years!

Reerun_KC
01-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Freeman is Cassel...

so I can see why Chiefs fans are in love with Freeman...

Now they want Vick... JFC, this fanbase is in love with garbage QB's...

Al Bundy
01-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Another thing in Freeman's defense he is on OC 3 in 4 years. Jagodzinski, Olson and Sullivan along with several QB coaches, an average running game until this year, and he lost 2 pro bowl (1 All-pro) OLineman. Plus a terrible defense, I am not ready to completely write him off.

WV
01-07-2013, 11:06 AM
after he's cut, if reid thinks he has potential, ok.

This, but I still want Geno!

ShowtimeSBMVP
Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster

Lots of interesting back channel chatter right now, regarding the Chiefs, Bucs, swapping draft picks, and Josh Freeman

jd1020
Another thing in Freeman's defense he is on OC 3 in 4 years. Jagodzinski, Olson and Sullivan along with several QB coaches, an average running game until this year, and he lost 2 pro bowl (1 All-pro) OLineman. Plus a terrible defense, I am not ready to completely write him off.

Cassel went through the same shit. Want to do a straight up trade?

Al Bundy
Freeman is Cassel...

You're a fucking idiot. Freeman can make all of the throws Cassel can't.

Chiefshrink
01-07-2013, 11:07 AM
He's never been a drama queen.

He has never been in a position 'yet' to see how he would handle this type of adversity either. Just saying. At 25 he can't coach up the QBOTF because he is still getting coached up himself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an anti-Freeman guy personally, but I'm not crazy about having him either for various reasons.

The Franchise
Greg Schiano wants him some Geno Smith.

jd1020

Lots of interesting back channel chatter right now, regarding the Chiefs, Bucs, swapping draft picks, and Josh Freeman

:banghead:

Al Bundy
Cassel went through the same shit. Want to do a straight up trade?

Fuck no... Cassel can't make NFL QB throws.

The Franchise

Don't listen to him. He's a retard.

jd1020
**** no... Cassel can't make NFL QB throws.

Schiano could fix Cassel!

Chiefshrink
01-07-2013, 11:08 AM

Media created:rolleyes:

htismaqe

What pick do the Bucs have?

htismaqe
Freeman is Cassel...

Um no. That's just stupid.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 11:09 AM
What pick do the Bucs have?

This would be icing on the cake of what a joke this franchise is.

Bring in Reid to maintain status quo.

FlaChief58
01-07-2013, 11:10 AM

:facepalm: That's not was I had in mind :banghead:

Al Bundy
01-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Schiano could fix Cassel!

:clap: Well, you're almost as stupid as rerun....

RealSNR
01-07-2013, 11:11 AM
:facepalm: That's not was I had in mind :banghead:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

jd1020
:clap: Well, you're almost as stupid as rerun....

No faith!

Cassel went to a Pro Bowl!

crazycoffey
Keep Quinn? WWWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?????????????

Dude signed a 1 year deal. After what we just witnessed why in the **** would you re sign him?

HTBPORSST

AND there was an OR after I said that. don't be hatin... I just want options, not pin the teams hopes on any one QB, rookie or not.

The Franchise
Oh God.....Freeman and Te'o.

RealSNR
01-07-2013, 11:12 AM
How will you feel if the Bucs trade him?

jd1020
HTBPORSST

AND there was an OR after I said that. don't be hatin... I just want options, not pin the teams hopes on any one QB, rookie or not.

I have no clue wtf HTBPORSST means.

jd1020

Freeman and #13 for #1?

Fucker better be doing cartwheels.

Al Bundy
01-07-2013, 11:13 AM

Would completely be on what we got for him... the Bucs need him to succeed or we will be set back a while.

The Franchise
01-07-2013, 11:14 AM
IF.....and that's a huge IF........we trade for Freeman and swap picks......we better be getting other picks as part of the deal. Freeman alone is not worth a swap of 1st round picks.

Hammock Parties
Freeman becoming our franchise QB will be my final victory.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/3384830_o.gif

FlaChief58
Freeman and #13 for #1?

Fucker better be doing cartwheels.

They better sweeten the pot with another pick in round 2 or 3

jd1020
01-07-2013, 11:15 AM

Fuck that.

I want future firsts.

Al Bundy
01-07-2013, 11:15 AM

Thing is, Bucs aren't in a position roster-wise to do that.

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 11:16 AM

They're not going to take Manti.

Moore than likely it would be Star, Moore, or Joeckel.

RealSNR
IF.....and that's a huge IF........we trade for Freeman and swap picks......we better be getting other picks as part of the deal. Freeman alone is not worth a swap of 1st round picks.
Yeah. Considering what the Skins gave up to move from 6 to 2 to draft a QB, there's no way Freeman is worth that level of compensation.

We'll need at least the Bucs' 2nd rounder and probably something else as well

Mr. Laz
apparently Freeman isn't very coachable or Tampa Bay wouldn't be giving up on a young QB with all the physical talents.

htismaqe
Fuck that.

I want future firsts.

This.

FlaChief58
01-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Thing is, Bucs aren't in a position roster-wise to do that.

Then, no fucking deal!

htismaqe
apparently Freeman isn't very coachable or Tampa Bay wouldn't be giving up on a young QB with all the physical talents.

Exactly.

The Franchise
They're not going to take Manti.

Moore than likely it would be Star, Moore, or Joeckel.

I meant if we swapped 1sts for Freeman.

Te'o at #13.

Reerun_KC

Agree, JFC our obsession with other people trash is dishearting...

Winning a Superbowl should be the priority, not dumpster diving...

Al Bundy
01-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Then, no ****ing deal!

Fine with me. I didn't put the idea out there.

crazycoffey
I have no clue wtf HTBPORSST means.

Then you didnt read my post

Reerun_KC

Well if he was in Red and Gold he would be coachable or fixable... /True Fan

Molitoth
01-07-2013, 11:19 AM
I will be livid.

Bane
01-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Meh...No more dumpster diving for cast offs.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 11:20 AM

Clark is thinking that trading for a KC native is going to put asses in seats.

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 11:20 AM

Te'o at #13.

They'd still take some fatty. Reid loves linemen, on both sides of the ball.

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 11:23 AM

Te'o at #13.

wilson at 13, plus at least an extra 2nd round pick this year? doable, we need options

jd1020
The only way I would trade for Freeman would be with trash KC players or if they threw in some Washington level compensation so we could then trade multiple firsts to move up next year to get our QBotF.

Anything less and its a hysterical laugh and a click.

Molitoth
They'd still take some fatty. Reid loves linemen, on both sides of the ball.

I don't mind drafting oline fattys as long as we have a qb first.

Rasputin
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
*sigh*

Why can't we just settle for a QB with our top pick of the draft? After all these years with retreads?

Retreads & "True Fans"

This is why we can't have nice things. Like playoff wins and Super Bowls.

Mr. Laz
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
There pretty much has to be something wrong with Freeman's attitude or some intangible. Maybe he can't learn a full playbook ... maybe he refuses to change some of his mechanics etc.

Young,talented QB's are too hard to find

Tampa Bay wouldn't be giving up on him unless there is something they see on a daily basis that other teams wouldn't know about yet.

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 11:27 AM
wilson at 13, plus at least an extra 2nd round pick this year? doable, we need options

They're not going to trade picks for a 24-year old QB and then take a QB in the 1st round.

Trading for Freeman means Freeman is the guy. We'll take the other option later, ala Seattle.

Mr. Laz
01-07-2013, 11:28 AM
This would be about the only option i would think is acceptable.

The Chiefs decide that they like Tyler Wilson over all the other QB's so they use Freeman to trade down and get 2 QB's in the 1st round.

Josh Freeman
Tyler Wilson
Ricky Stanzi

Beats the hell out of Cassel,Quinn,Stanzi

still the problem of a new contract for Josh Freeman though, you basically have to commit to Freeman with a new contract which screws up the Tyler wilson pick.

bevischief
01-07-2013, 11:29 AM
JFC...

DeezNutz
01-07-2013, 11:30 AM
There pretty much has to be something wrong with Freeman's attitude or some intangible. Maybe he can't learn a full playbook ... maybe he refuses to change some of his mechanics etc.

Tampa Bay wouldn't be giving up on him unless there is something they see on a daily basis that other teams wouldn't know about yet.

FAX would type a far wittier response to this, including Yep monsters and shit.

But the above is all true. The only exception I could see is if a new GM would come to Carolina and see Cam as some sort of toxin, in which case I'd be more than willing to go pick up their "trash."

FlaChief58
01-07-2013, 11:30 AM
This would be about the only option i would think is acceptable.

The Chiefs decide that they like Tyler Wilson over all the other QB's so they use Freeman to trade down and get 2 QB's in the 1st round.

Josh Freeman
Tyler Wilson
Ricky Stanzi

Beats the hell out of Cassel,Quinn,Stanzi

still the problem of a new contract for Josh Freeman though, you basically have to commit to Freeman with a new contract which screws up the Tyler wilson pick.

2 years with incentives

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 11:32 AM
They're not going to trade picks for a 24-year old QB and then take a QB in the 1st round.

Trading for Freeman means Freeman is the guy. We'll take the other option later, ala Seattle.

putting all the eggs in one basket is a big problem, pioli did it with casshole. I don't see how this is a bad move. Get a rookie, a young vet and sign an older vet from FA, get more draft picks by trading down. more options.

Titty Meat
01-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Id trade a 3rd for him

Mr. Laz
01-07-2013, 11:33 AM
2 years with incentives
Freeman is not going to agree to that

Hammock Parties
01-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Isn't Freeman and another high QB on the roster at the same time just another Sanchez/Cassel fantasy from 2009?

Seems far fetched.

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 11:39 AM
putting all the eggs in one basket is a big problem, 'Team-killer' Pioli did it with casshole. I don't see how this is a bad move. Get a rookie, a young vet and sign an older vet from FA, get more draft picks by trading down. more options.

Teams just don't make moves like that.

Freeman is essentially your "draft" if you swap picks and such to get him. They would then look for the Russell Wilson/Kirk Cousins late-rounder as a contingency plan.

They're not going to essentially spend TWO first round picks on a QBs. Not gonna happen.

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Isn't Freeman and another high QB on the roster at the same time just another Sanchez/Cassel fantasy from 2009?

Seems far fetched.

Exactly.

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 11:40 AM

Seems far fetched.

I think I was more on the trade up to get stafford boat, was not a sanchez fan then or now

Marco Polo
01-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Geno > Freeman

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Teams just don't make moves like that.

Freeman is essentially your "draft" if you swap picks and such to get him. They would then look for the Russell Wilson/Kirk Cousins late-rounder as a contingency plan.

They're not going to essentially spend TWO first round picks on a QBs. Not gonna happen.

you say essentially like it makes the scenerio different from signing a released matt flynn and drafting geno first overall. In both cases you'd get two unproven qbs with different levels of potential values. one has some nfl experience.

A swap of first rounders to get more draft picks, add one potential starting qb and still drafting one at 13 doeasnt sound so impossible to me. improbable? sure, I hear what youre saying.

we're still just talking about rumors anyway.....

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 11:48 AM
I think I was more on the trade up to get stafford boat, was not a sanchez fan then or now

No, people were suggesting we could/should still draft Sanchez even after we traded for Cassel (including me).

NFL teams just don't really do that, though.

Al Bundy
01-07-2013, 11:49 AM

Definitely a mechanics issue. I don't get the sense from some people I know inside the building that there is a refusal to learn, inconsistency is his issue.

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 11:49 AM
you say essentially like it makes the scenerio different from signing a released matt flynn and drafting geno first overall. In both cases you'd get two unproven qbs with different levels of potential values. one has some nfl experience.

A swap of first rounders to get more draft picks, add one potential starting qb and still drafting one at 13 doeasnt sound so impossible to me. improbable? sure, I hear what youre saying.

we're still just talking about rumors anyway.....

Signing a REALEASED Matt Flynn and trading picks for Matt Flynn (or Josh Freeman) are two completely different things, though.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Definitely a mechanics issue. I don't get the sense from some people I know inside the building that there is a refusal to learn, inconsistency is his issue.

Sounds like he lacks drive.

You can keep him.

Al Bundy
01-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Sounds like he lacks drive.

You can keep him.

If you say so... I have never heard that about him.

Bowser
01-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Id trade a 3rd for him

I wouldn't be against this, but if we're looking to move our third rounder, send it to Philly for Maclin (if they would take it. Might take a third and a sixth, or somesuch for him).

jd1020
01-07-2013, 11:53 AM
If you say so... I have never heard that about him.

What else is there?

He's got all this talent but remains inconsistent 3 years later.

He either doesn't have great talent or he's not focused.

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Signing a REALEASED Matt Flynn and trading picks for Matt Flynn (or Josh Freeman) are two completely different things, though.

Understood. And swapping first round picks to draft a qb at 13, isn't spending two first rounders on a qb.

RealSNR
01-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Thank God this is just a rumor. I just have to keep telling myself that.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Understood. And swapping first round picks to draft a qb at 13, isn't spending two first rounders on a qb.

How do you figure?

You spent your first on a QB plus another first and used that first you picked up on a QB.

I give you the 2013 Raiders!

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Thank God this is just a rumor. I just have to keep telling myself that.

this above anything else

Easy 6
01-07-2013, 12:00 PM

Take your true fan and stick it up your ass you jackoff.

Al Bundy
01-07-2013, 12:00 PM
What else is there?

He's got all this talent but remains inconsistent 3 years later.

He either doesn't have great talent or he's not focused.

OR he is just plain inconsistent. Havign a revolving door at WR, running back, OC and even head coach to an extent hasn't helped.... Plus the defense being dreadful.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 12:02 PM
OR he is just plain inconsistent. Havign a revolving door at WR, running back, OC and even head coach to an extent hasn't helped.... Plus the defense being dreadful.

If he's just "plain inconsistent" then he's not that good.

If you have to flip a coin on a daily basis to determine which version of Freeman you are going to get then no thanks.

Good luck in your QBotF search next year.

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 12:02 PM
How do you figure?

You spent your first on a QB plus another first and used that first you picked up on a QB.

I give you the 2013 Raiders!

we have one first round pick right now. If we swapped picks for freeman, we'd still only have one first round pick.

anyway, my only point is I dont want all my eggs in one basket. gino may be ryan leaf, freeman may not be salvaged, wilson could be thigpenish. targeting more than one of them SEEMS smart to me

jd1020
01-07-2013, 12:03 PM
we have one first round pick right now. If we swapped picks for freeman, we'd still only have one first round pick.

anyway, my only point is I dont want all my eggs in one basket. gino may be ryan leaf, freeman may not be salvaged, wilson could be thigpenish. targeting more than one of them SEEMS smart to me

Ya... you target one later in the draft. Not in the same ****ing round.

If you are giving up the #1 pick for a QB and a mid round first you are banking on Freeman being that QBotF. You don't use that mid round first on another QB. You use that pick to get someone thats going to aid in Freeman being worth it.

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 12:05 PM

Essentially it is, though.

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Ya... you target one later in the draft. Not in the same ****ing round.

If you are giving up the #1 pick for a QB and a mid round first you are banking on Freeman being that QBotF. You don't use that mid round first on another QB. You use that pick to get someone thats going to aid in Freeman being worth it.

I see it more like getting two qbs with one first round pick, beats getting only one. but thats just me bro.

now if gino (or anyone) was clear and away worth 1 overall then nix all the trade talk.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 12:08 PM
I see it more like getting two qbs with one first round pick, beats getting only one. but thats just me bro.

now if gino (or anyone) was clear and away worth 1 overall then nix all the trade talk.

You're stupid then.

You are using 2 picks.

You aren't trading the #1 pick for the #13 pick.

You are trading the #1 pick for a QB plus the #13 pick.

Notice the 2 picks?

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Whatever it takes. Trade the entire draft, get this guy in here now. Hed be tremendous in with Reid

Hammock Parties
01-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Whatever it takes. Trade the entire draft, get this guy in here now. Hed be tremendous in with Reid

YOUR TROLLS DON'T WORK WHEN I AGREE WITH THEM

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 12:12 PM
YOUR TROLLS DON'T WORK WHEN I AGREE WITH THEM

You and me, we're the same...

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsF/5910-6009.jpg

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 12:16 PM
You and me, we're the same...

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsF/5910-6009.jpg

GHEY

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 12:16 PM
You're stupid then.

You are using 2 picks.

You aren't trading the #1 pick for the #13 pick.

You are trading the #1 pick for a QB plus the #13 pick.

Notice the 2 picks?

And you're calling me stupid....

jd1020
01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
And you're calling me stupid....

Yes, yes I am.

You are using 2 picks. You are downgrading your first pick to get a QB and using the additional pick to get a QB.

Thats not 2 for 1.

okcchief
01-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Freeman is Cassel...

I don't want Freeman, but saying Freeman is Cassel just showcases your ignorance.

Freeman is middle of the road and has potential. Cassel is horrible and has no upside what so ever.

crossbow
01-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I am not trading away any picks this year. They are too high and we need too much.

okcchief
01-07-2013, 12:19 PM

This

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 12:21 PM
GHEY

You know what this is? Zyklon B man! What the Nazis had!. Listen...empty.

This was actually USED man! I wonder how man draftubators this little can took out! Huh? Think about it.

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Yes, yes I am.

You are using 2 picks. You are downgrading you first pick to get a QB and using the additional pick to get a QB.

Thats not 2 for 1.

It sure isn't using two picks asshat. It's creating options at a position of great need. It's taking one pick and getting two players. Go back to school and learn basic arithmetics

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 12:26 PM
It sure isn't using two picks asshat. It's creating options at a position of great need. It's taking one pick and getting two players. Go back to school and learn basic arithmetics

And as I stated earlier, still don't do it unless the Chiefs get more picks than 13.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 12:26 PM

In a 2 for 1 deal you get more for your money.

You don't trade your dollar for a 50 cents toy and 50 cents and then buy another 50 cents toy.

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 12:28 PM
jd is TEH GHEY

I agree

crazycoffey
01-07-2013, 12:29 PM

In a 2 for 1 deal you get more for your money.

You don't trade your dollar for a toy and 50 cents and buy another 50 cent toy.

I understand our differences now, I'm dealing with a toddler...

WilliamTheIrish
01-07-2013, 12:32 PM
No.

Get OUR OWN QB. Then do whatever...

jd1020
01-07-2013, 12:32 PM
I understand our differences now, I'm dealing with a toddler...

ROFL

bevischief
01-07-2013, 12:36 PM
:popcorn:

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 12:41 PM

This was actually USED man! I wonder how man draftubators this little can took out! Huh? Think about it.

ROFL

jd1020
01-07-2013, 12:42 PM
I think we should definitely trade the rights to the best QB in the draft for a couple lesser value QBs, one of which the other team no longer wants, and call it a 2 for 1!!

Then after that fails for the 44th year in a fucking row lets all be shocked!

Bewbies
01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
If the Bucs, who suck, are willing to give away their QB--WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU JUMP AT THE CHANCE TO GRAB HIM?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I don't understand this logic...?

We don't want cassel anymore, lets ask for a pair of first round picks for him, right...?

MotherfuckerJones
01-07-2013, 12:52 PM
I trust Andy in his decision. I like Freeman. I wanted to draft him NOT Tyson Jackson. We have a QB guru coach that can work wonders with QBs. I think under Reid, Freeman can succeed. Add a fast deep threat, keep Bowe, keep Breaston, add RB depth and upgrade the line and I think he'd be ok. I dont know about swapping picks and getting only Freeman
If the deal was our no 1 for no 13, Freeman, and a 2nd or next years 1st. Id entertain it. We gota add QBs. Id take Freeman and another QB in this draft. He's only 24 and has shown he can be really good. Reid can help with his consistency. Now my question to the Bucs fan is: How is his decision making?

Hammock Parties
01-07-2013, 12:54 PM

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2208436_o.gif

KurtCobain
01-07-2013, 02:22 PM
If Andy goes for Freeman instead of a qb number one...

that means he does not think there is a quarterback in this crap draft that could be better in his system then Josh Freeman. and I trust his assessment.

ILChief
01-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Throw in their 2014 first rounder

RunKC
01-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Freeman threw 25 TD's with Raheem Morris and 27 with Greg Shiano.

Not one of those coaches is in the same stratosphere as Reid.

This kid comes in next year, he's throwing 35 TD's and putting up great production. It's not his fault he had jack shit to work with until this season.

If Reid wants him here, then I'm not arguing with him.

pr_capone
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Sign me up. Guy is from KC and only 24 years old.

No.

FUCK NO.

Imon Yourside
01-07-2013, 02:33 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2208436_o.gif

Falling down for sure, just say not to the free man.

ChiefsCountry
01-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Its crazy to talk about but what the hell. If you do this trade you get Josh Freeman for QB, then with the Bucs pick you nab Jonathan Banks for CB, then the top of round two you get a WR say Justin Hunter. Thats a hell of rebuild job fairly quickly.

HemiEd
01-07-2013, 02:34 PM

I agree, especially with the new agreement. A few years ago, yes.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Its crazy to talk about but what the hell. If you do this trade you get Josh Freeman for QB, then with the Bucs pick you nab Jonathan Banks for CB, then the top of round two you get a WR say Justin Hunter. Thats a hell of rebuild job fairly quickly.

Your rebuild begins and ends with the failure known as Josh Freeman.

RunKC
01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Your rebuild begins and ends with the failure known as Josh Freeman.

Except Josh Freeman is not a failure...

jd1020
01-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Except Josh Freeman is not a failure...

Tell that to the team getting rid of him.

RunKC
01-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Tell that to the team getting rid of him.

We'll be happy to when he's throwing 30+ TD's in KC.

The guy threw 27 TD's for a college dipshit coach who didn't know WTF he was doing. LMAO

jd1020
01-07-2013, 02:42 PM
We'll be happy to when he's throwing 30+ TD's in KC.

The guy threw 27 TD's for a college dipshit coach who didn't know WTF he was doing. LMAO

Sounds familiar.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Freeman threw 25 TD's with Raheem Morris and 27 with Greg Shiano.

Not one of those coaches is in the same stratosphere as Reid.

This kid comes in next year, he's throwing 35 TD's and putting up great production. It's not his fault he had jack shit to work with until this season.

If Reid wants him here, then I'm not arguing with him.

True fans! herp derp

KurtCobain
01-07-2013, 02:43 PM
No.

FUCK NO.

Chyeah.

OH FUCK CHYEAH.

If coach Andy Reid wants him, then I want him.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Yeah if this doesn't have red flags written all over it. QB's in their prime never get traded.

RunKC
01-07-2013, 02:46 PM
True fans! herp derp

True fans want Te'o, not Freeman!

RunKC
01-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Yeah if this doesn't have red flags written all over it. QB's in their prime never get traded.

Lots of teams are stupid and let good QB's go.

Drew Brees, Matt Schaub, Brett Favre and Kurt Warner say hi.

Shiano wants his own guy. This happens all the time when a new HC comes in.

Ceej
I question a HC who still has his DLine diving at opposing linemens knees while they're in victory formation.

Reerun_KC
True fans want Te'o, not Freeman!

Negative Ghost Rider...

True Fans want a failed QB from another franchise and Teo....

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-07-2013, 02:53 PM

All those teams had QB in place to replace them. Bucs have shit.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 02:53 PM

Drew Brees - injured
Matt Schaub - not good
Brett Favre - 90 years old (Aaron Rodgers)
Kurt Warner - injured

ChiefRocka
01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
He's not progressing. They are realizing a poor investment and cutting losses.

KurtCobain
01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Brett Favre was traded before he was ninety. the Green Bay Packers sure as hell did not draft him.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Brett Favre was traded before he was ninety. the Green Bay Packers sure as hell did not draft him.

Dude threw 4 passes in ATL...

You want to act like thats even remotely similar?

RunKC
01-07-2013, 02:57 PM
He's not progressing. They are realizing a poor investment and cutting losses.

The first time in Freeman's career he actually has some legit talent around him and he throws 27 TD's and 4,000+ yards...with Shiano of all coaches coaching him.

poor investment LMAO

jd1020
01-07-2013, 02:59 PM
The first time in Freeman's career he actually has some legit talent around him and he throws 27 TD's and 4,000+ yards...with Shiano of all coaches coaching him.

poor investment LMAO

He also threw 17 INTs, fumbled 10 times, and was completing a whopping 54% of his passes.

But lets ignore all of that, and the fact that he was completely awful in the 2nd half of the season.

RunKC
01-07-2013, 02:59 PM
You guys are right. We should draft Mr. Stare-down #1 overall.

Reid knows this QB class isn't special. He's not stupid. You could hear it in his voice.

"Just because you have the first pick doesn't mean you have to force the pick." LMAO

O.city
01-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Maybe the Bucs GM and HC are/is just stupid. We let Carr go, etc.

That said, still would rather draft our own first rounder and Geno.

But like Chiefscountry said, if they would give us him, plus their first and a 2, for our 1, it would be somewhat intriguing.

Clay, what are your thoughts on this? You have always been a big fan of his.

KurtCobain
01-07-2013, 03:01 PM
I really don't know personally I wouldn't go for Freeman. I want a QB number 1 overall. but if coach Andy Reid wants Josh Freeman, then I bet Josh Freeman is going to be a very serviceable quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs if not more than that.

-King-
01-07-2013, 03:02 PM

Look it up. He's right. Favre had just turned 90.

Hammock Parties
If Freeman comes here, you ask yourself one question:

Who's smarter, the braintrust of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, or Andy Reid?

Strongside
I'd rather have Django Freeman.

O.city
01-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Schiano is close to Pioli, so he might have a similiar attitude that he can only win with his guys?