PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We Finally Have A Head Coach!!!

FAX
01-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Just go down the list ... oh ... and don't leave out Gunther or Herm or Gansz or Haley or any of those guys.

They say he's the 13th head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, but in reality, he's actually the 3rd actual, real head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

And yes, I know this doesn't deserve a new thread but, when you stop and think about it, what does?

Go Wally!!!!

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

In58men
01-07-2013, 02:50 PM
This is news to me.

Strongside
01-07-2013, 02:50 PM
I would say 4th.

Stram, Marty, Vermeil, Andy.

KurtCobain
01-07-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm pumped up.

the quarterback situation will be fixed for the first time since Trent mother fucking green.

KChiefs1
01-07-2013, 02:51 PM
I would say 4th.

Totally agree!

ncCHIEFfan
01-07-2013, 02:52 PM
:clap: Exciting times ahead

FAX
01-07-2013, 02:53 PM
This is news to me.

It was to me, too. Pretty heady stuff, huh?

A head coach who can actually ... you know ... coach. Plus, a guy who will want to stick with the franchise and won't mortgage our future a la Uncle Dick. Somebody who understands the modern NFL to boot.

So, according to my worldview, this is a time to celebrate with totally meaningless threads.

Go Wally!!!

FAX

FAX
01-07-2013, 02:54 PM
I would say 4th.

I know it's sad, but Vermeil sold us out, my friend. It was fancy and great fun to watch (on offense), but he sold our future at a discount and we've paid for it ever since.

But that's okay!!!

Because now it's Go Wally Time!!!

Go Wally!!!

FAX

Rausch
01-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Rumble fat man, rumble...

DeezNutz
01-07-2013, 02:57 PM
It feels similar to the Marty hire in the sense that we're going to return, at the very least, to respectability. The QB whom Reid selects will determine if we're going to do better than that.

Strongside
01-07-2013, 02:59 PM
I know it's sad, but Vermeil sold us out, my friend. It was fancy and great fun to watch (on offense), but he sold our future at a discount and we've paid for it ever since.

But that's okay!!!

Go Wally!!!

FAX

Oh I agree. I'm basing my opinion solely on the credentials of each coach, pre-chiefs and during their tenure.

FAX
01-07-2013, 03:00 PM
It feels similar to the Marty hire in the sense that we're going to return, at the very least, to respectability. The QB whom Reid selects will determine if we're going to do better than that.

It probably is a lot like the Marty deal in the sense that he is an established name.

God ... it's been soooooo long since we had a guy in whom you could have some semblance of confidence that he could actually do the job ... let alone, the right way.

On top of that, you have a guy who understands how to matriculate the freaking rock down the field ... a key component we have sorely missed.

So ... all together now !!!!

Go Wally!!!

FAX

InChiefsHeaven
01-07-2013, 03:07 PM
I've had nothing but nay-saying AFC West foes fans telling me all the same thing:

Look at the last 2 years. The NFL is a "What have you done for me lately" league. Reid ain't done shit.
He needs to take some time off and recharge his batteries.
He will make Jamaal Charles insignificant.
The game has passed him by.

It's like they all are reading from the same talking points. I'm saying, we have a guy who was and is a bona-fide successful head coach. A guy who knows HOW to win and who to grab to win with, be it staff or players. I personally think (and Reid even said) he needed a change of scenery. Happened to Marty too. Hopefully, we'll benefit from Andy's change of scenery. Haters gonna hate. Fuck them.

GO WALLY!!

DTLB58
01-07-2013, 03:19 PM
:clap: Exciting times ahead

Especially if we couple him with John Dorsey, This is going to be a very stable, organized management team. They will at the very least make the Chiefs competitive and in the hunt every year.

I hope some new young coach will thrive in this franchise now and move his way up and take over for Reid at some point and take us over the top!

Let's hope Dorsey does sign on and stays here for a very long successful career.

Strongside
01-07-2013, 03:20 PM
I've had nothing but nay-saying AFC West foes fans telling me all the same thing:

Look at the last 2 years. The NFL is a "What have you done for me lately" league. Reid ain't done shit.
He needs to take some time off and recharge his batteries.
He will make Jamaal Charles insignificant.
The game has passed him by.

It's like they all are reading from the same talking points. I'm saying, we have a guy who was and is a bona-fide successful head coach. A guy who knows HOW to win and who to grab to win with, be it staff or players. I personally think (and Reid even said) he needed a change of scenery. Happened to Marty too. Hopefully, we'll benefit from Andy's change of scenery. Haters gonna hate. **** them.

GO WALLY!!

We all said the EXACT same shit to Denver fans when they hired John Fox. Granted, they got Peyton...but they'll probably win it all this year.

Deberg_1990
01-07-2013, 03:20 PM
No love for Mackovic? He made the playoffs once

supaboy
01-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Reid is bringing in his guys. Better hope Reid doesnt make your Oline coach your DC like he did us. Btw you better hope he doesnt bring Marty with him. He is a terrible offensive coordinator.

Frankie
01-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Just go down the list ... oh ... and don't leave out Gunther or Herm or Gansz or Haley or any of those guys.

They say he's the 13th head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, but in reality, he's actually the 3rd actual, real head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Mr. FAX. Since thanks to gods of football everything seems to always go for the Chiefs the opposite of how they are supposed to, Reid being number 13 may actually be good. So please don't mess with that juju. We may have found a way to confuse the gods of football.

DeezNutz
01-07-2013, 03:28 PM
It probably is a lot like the Marty deal in the sense that he is an established name.

God ... it's been soooooo long since we had a guy in whom you could have some semblance of confidence that he could actually do the job ... let alone, the right way.

On top of that, you have a guy who understands how to matriculate the freaking rock down the field ... a key component we have sorely missed.

So ... all together now !!!!

Go Wally!!!

FAX

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RmaOm0bqgWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
I would say 4th.

Stram and Vermeil won Super Bowls before coming to Kansas City.

Andy's record is SUPERIOR to Schottenheimer's.

FAX
01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Reid is bringing in his guys. Better hope Reid doesnt make your Oline coach your DC like he did us. Btw you better hope he doesnt bring Marty with him. He is a terrible offensive coordinator.

Hey!!

Take your cold water elsewhere wacky boy. This is a day for Wallying and, by God in Heaven, we're going to Wally like it's 2014 already.

Go Wally!!!

FAX

Easy 6
01-07-2013, 03:42 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RmaOm0bqgWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This should be played on the bigscreen after every touchdown.

DTLB58
01-07-2013, 03:44 PM

Speculation is Todd Pedersen is going to get promoted to OC.

DTLB58
01-07-2013, 03:44 PM
I would say 4th.

Yep.

Easy 6
01-07-2013, 03:45 PM
I just wanna grab Clark and give him a big bear hug.

Lex Luthor
01-07-2013, 03:48 PM

I realize you're just quoting what the dumbasses are saying. I get so tired of dumbasses who say "Look at the last 2 years: Reid sucked.". John Fox, Tom Coughlin and lots of other coaches have proved that a coach who gets fired after a couple of bad years can go on to do great things.

We need to smack those people around.

FlaChief58
I would say 4th.

Yep, really pumped about this hire! I'm proud to say I'm a Chiefs fan again

KS Smitty
I just wanna grab Clark and give him a big bear hug.

I wanna tousle his hair.

Go Wally!!!

Great thread FAX!

Lex Luthor
01-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Stram and Vermeil won Super Bowls before coming to Kansas City.

Andy's record is SUPERIOR to Schottenheimer's.
Where did Hank Stram win his Super Bowl before coming to Kansas City? Since Stram took the Chiefs to Super Bowls I and IV, that's a little hard to believe. :p

I'm sure that's not what you meant to say.

DTLB58
01-07-2013, 03:51 PM
No love for Mackovic? He made the playoffs once

Did you see that team play? ST scored all the freaking points to get into the playoffs on the final Sunday. He was fired right after the season was over.

otherstar
01-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Where did Hank Stram win his Super Bowl before coming to Kansas City?

I'm sure that's not what you meant to say.

Yep, there wasn't a Super Bowl played before Stram Coached the Chiefs in Super Bowl I. :p

bevischief
01-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Speculation is Todd Pedersen is going to get promoted to OC.

Who>

RunKC
01-07-2013, 03:54 PM
This year the Eagles were like the 2011 Chiefs.

LT put on IR before the year started. Another OL out. Vick hurt. McCoy hurt.
DeSean Jackson being DeSean Jackson and even he got hurt at the end.

Even with those injuries they had 3 games they could have won if Bryce Brown could get the TD or Nick Foles wasn't...well Nick Foles.

They don't have injuries and they are competing for a playoff spot in December period.

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Who>

Former Eagles/Packers QB and current/former Eagles QBs coach.

Lex Luthor
01-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Yep, there wasn't a Super Bowl played before Stram Coached the Chiefs in Super Bowl I. :p
Maybe he's thinking of the Dallas Texans winning the AFL championship.

Dave Lane
I would say 4th.

Thats the list. Add Levy if you want but he achieved his success elsewhere.

htismaqe
Maybe he's thinking of the Dallas Texans winning the AFL championship.

I was.

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Putting Marty above Andy Reid or Dick Vermeil is pure, 100% hindsight. Marty is SO overvalued.

ROYC75
01-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Did you see that team play? ST scored all the freaking points to get into the playoffs on the final Sunday. He was fired right after the season was over.

It's the reason Ganz was hired.

It was a reach.

Should have left Mack as HC. In the end we got Marty.

Dayze
01-07-2013, 04:00 PM
he's no Jimmy Raye

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
It's the reason Ganz was hired.

It was a reach.

Should have left Mack as HC. In the end we got Marty.

The reason Frank was hired was because the players staged a full-blown mutiny.

Imon Yourside
01-07-2013, 04:35 PM
I would say 4th.

Ditto.

Imon Yourside
01-07-2013, 04:35 PM
he's no Jimmy Raye

and thank you for that nightmare flashback.

DJ's left nut
01-07-2013, 04:37 PM
I would say 4th.

Yup.

Though in fairness, Levy was a real head coach, we just surrounded him with crap.

Bump
01-07-2013, 04:38 PM

But that's okay!!!

Go Wally!!!

FAX

Oh please. That's argument is silly. Vermeil was a great coach, it's a shame about the draft picks and defense. We could have missed with the picks given up for players, it wasn't like a few draft picks is the entire future and is the reason why we are still shitty? That's the reason? c'mon Mr. Fax.

FAX
01-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Oh please. That's argument is silly. Vermeil was a great coach, it's a shame about the draft picks and defense. We could have missed with the picks given up for players, it wasn't like a few draft picks is the entire future and is the reason why we are still shitty? That's the reason? c'mon Mr. Fax.

Okay. That was probably a tad overstated, Mr. Bump. I grant you that. However, the grusty grust of my point remains intact and solid as the mighty oak whose roots are sunken deep in the soil of sincerity, whose boughs shoot forth the leaves of truth, and whose clunky bark is impervious to the vile winds of provocation. Vermeil built the All Aged Team and, not long after he retired, we had nothing with which to build on. It was as though dwarves had raided our player pantry.

A solid argument can be made that Vermeil and Carl were, at that point in time, very much in the win-now mode of things. I can understand that, too. Lamar was ill. Nevertheless, we had to basically start from scratch because our player pipeline was drier than Dallas Pioli's cooter.

However, the main point is that Vermeil was never going to be with us long. And since he wasn't particularly interested in building for the long term, he was a kind of "transient" head coach. Hired by Carl to win one for the Gipper, so to speak.

Anyhow, this isn't the time for regrets. It's time to Wally forth, forget, forgive, and show our giant Wallys to the world. My thread thing wasn't intended to bash up on our sad, pitiable, sickening, somewhat disgusting coaching lineage. No indeed. It was to celebrate the fact that we now have an actual true-life, real NFL head coach ... a rarity in my life, at least.

FAX

Dave Lane
01-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Putting Marty above Andy Reid or Dick Vermeil is pure, 100% hindsight. Marty is SO overvalued.

Psssttt its chronological.

Oh Snap
01-07-2013, 06:36 PM
I would say 4th.

I would definitely say Andy is our last real coach since Vermiel. I'm excited because we finally have someone with a track record of being successful in this league. Reid is a proven winner. It feels like we finally have someone who knows what they're doing. That is a huge sigh of relief!

htismaqe
01-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Psssttt its chronological.

Psssttt it's not obvious.

TEX
01-07-2013, 06:50 PM

EXACTLY. DV's been gone for 8 seasons. That's more than enough time to rebuild if you know what you're doing.

TEX
01-07-2013, 06:52 PM

Chronological order I'm sure.

FAX
01-07-2013, 06:56 PM
The NFL Echo is long. For the Chiefs, at least.

Let's see ... since the Uncle Dick era, we replaced running back ... and ... well, that's about it on offense.

The defense is another story entirely. We have a far better defense than we had way back then ... mainly due (oddly enough) to Herm.

To say that we're still not recovering somewhat from those days seems a little myopic to me. Although, I do admit that it doesn't seem as though it should have taken this long to get the offensive line rebuilt.

But, who cares? It's a Wally World!!!!

Go Wally!!!!

FAX

RippedmyFlesh
01-07-2013, 07:21 PM
We Finally Have A Head Coach!!!

It is finally setting in.
From Herm's RRPP to Haley sometimes calling plays like he's still buzzed from a concert the night before, to Romeo who made herm look like sean payton...to a coach who's biggest fault is he THROW'S too much???
Yea I'm feeling it Fax.
Go Wally.!!!!!

MahiMike
01-07-2013, 07:24 PM
I would say 4th.

This. If Andy's offense is 80% of Vermiel's, I'll be happy. And if his defense is 50% what Marty's/Hank's was, we're golden.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-07-2013, 08:51 PM
FAX the wise