PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Manti Te'o before a QB.....

Pages : [1] 2

ChiefsOne
01-07-2013, 09:50 PM
seriously who still wants that? This is the first time I have seen him play this year so that may not be fair, but not impressed so far.

Bump
01-07-2013, 09:51 PM
anyone who wants to draft him over Geno should go kill themselves.

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Still better than any qb in this draft.

HolyHat
01-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Should we all freak out over one game like all the Geno haters did?
I think so! Te'o is a Bust'o

Hoover
01-07-2013, 09:53 PM
I like the kid, but this game is proof that no matter how good your LB is he can't put points on the board.

-King-
01-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Te'O > Geno
Te'O > Wilso
Te'O > Barklo

DomerNKC
01-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Just a horrible game by him tonight. Played much better all year. Still like him better than Geno.

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Te'O > Geno
Te'O > Wilso
Te'O > Barklo

This

HolyHat
01-07-2013, 09:55 PM
I like the kid, but this game is proof that no matter how good your LB is he can't put points on the board.

What the fuck does that have to do with missed tackles and getting blown off the line and 5 yards down the field. Wake up!

ChiefsOne
01-07-2013, 09:56 PM
I think so! Te'o is a Bust'o

That freakout in one game was exactly what I was getting at, Geno had a bad game, so some decide we should draft Te'o, OL or even a kicker. Gotta draft a QB, even if they draft one in RD1, RD2 and RD3.

HolyHat
01-07-2013, 09:56 PM
It's just funny to watch all the Geno haters that love Te'o say "it's only 1 game"

You sure didn't want to hear that after Genos bowl game

Great Expectations
01-07-2013, 09:57 PM
This game combined with the expected non elite combine numbers should cause his Draft stock to plummet.

KCrockaholic
I've seen plenty of his games. I'm sick of the stupid ****ing hype with Te'o. Yeah, he's an instinctive player with incredible ball skills, and made multiple stops in goal to go situations this year.

But I don't give a flying ****. He's not this amazing prospect that deserves to be taken #1 overall because at the end of the day he's a ****ing linebacker. A good linebacker. A guy that will be a solid starter in the NFL for a few years. But I'm willing to bet he's NEVER even as good as Derrick Johnson.

We need a god damn quarterback. You TAKE the god damn quarterback with upside through the roof, and a terrific work ethic. This is the NFL. Championships are won by quarterbacks. Not some over hyped, Aaron Curry wanna be linebacker.

Ceej
Just a horrible game by him tonight. Played much better all year. Still like him better than Geno.

Of course you do.

ROFL

jspchief

Thanks for your unbiased opinion "Domer"....

ChiefsOne
Granted Bama has half a dozen NFL players, but not a whole team. No way in hell is he worth the #1.

reid_friday
01-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Judging by the press conference I don't think Andy is going QB.

HolyHat
01-07-2013, 09:58 PM
I've seen plenty of his games. I'm sick of the stupid ****ing hype with Te'o. Yeah, he's an instinctive player with incredible ball skills, and made multiple stops in goal to go situations this year.

But I don't give a flying ****. He's an this amazing prospect that deserves to be taken #1 overall because at the end of the day he's a ****ing linebacker. A good linebacker. A guy that will be a solid starter in the NFL for a few years. But I'm willing to bet he's NEVER even as good as Derrick Johnson.

We need a god damn quarterback. You TAKE the god damn quarterback with upside through the roof, and a terrific work ethic. This is the NFL. Championships are won by quarterbacks. Not some over hyped, Aaron Curry wanna be linebacker.

:clap:

Strongside
01-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Te'O > Geno
Te'O > Wilso
Te'O > Barklo

Horribly wrong. Anyone thinking that a guy that has flat out missed 10+ tackles in the biggest game of his life brings more to our team than a quarterback that is flat out better than anything we've had since Trent Green is completely off base.

TEX
01-07-2013, 10:00 PM
seriously who still wants that? This is the first time I have seen him play this year so that may not be fair, but not impressed so far.

Kinda looks as bad as Geno Smith did in his last game...

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Derrick Thomas was overrated.

Spott
01-07-2013, 10:01 PM
He isn't going #1.

-King-
01-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Horribly wrong. Anyone thinking that a guy that has flat out missed 10+ tackles in the biggest game of his life brings more to our team than a quarterback that is flat out better than anything we've had since Trent Green is completely off base.

He's having a bad game. I'd take him 0 overall if I could. HE'S JUST THAT GOOD!

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:02 PM

I don't think it's been ten tackles. Besides Geno just turns it over in his own end zone like ten times.

AussieChiefsFan
Still better than any qb in this draft.

Te'O > Geno
Te'O > Wilso
Te'O > Barklo

Just a horrible game by him tonight. Played much better all year. Still like him better than Geno.:spock: :facepalm:

It's just funny to watch all the Geno haters that love Te'o say "it's only 1 game"

You sure didn't want to hear that after Genos bowl game

I think so! Te'o is a Bust'oThese

ChiefsOne
Kinda looks as bad as Geno Smith did on his last game...

My point, but refer to this post:

-King-
01-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Geno played horribly in his bowl game in the snow. 6 out of 8 KC home games are snow games.

Think about it.

HolyHat
01-07-2013, 10:03 PM
I don't think it's been ten tackles. Besides Geno just turns it over in his own end zone like ten times.

NURSE! I found another guy who has only watched 1 of Genos games!

reid_friday
01-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Derrick Johnson
Tamba Hali
Justin Houston
Manti Te'O

Brandon Flowers
Eric Berry
FA Safety
Brandon Carr - nvm

3rd overall pick - will be gone
5th overall pick
11th overall pick

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Geno played horribly in his bowl game in the snow. 6 out of 8 KC home games are snow games.

Think about it.

Already have dude. Trade that pick bitches.

ChiefsOne
01-07-2013, 10:05 PM

Think about it.

I did and can't think of one in the snow this year, it's KC not Buffalo!

HolyHat

Think about it.

Oh really? That's news to me. How many games did they play in the snow this year? I must have missed it in the 8 games I was there. You Sneaky snow you.

TEX
My point, but refer to this post:

Not when the QB isn't worth it you don't. You also don't take the LB who is not worth it.

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:06 PM
NURSE! I found another guy who has only watched 1 of Genos games!

Not my fault. West Virginia games aren't exactly the hot ticket.

Mi_chief_fan

Think about it.

What games did they play in the snow this year? Or last year, for that matter?

HolyHat
I'm so incredibly nervous about the fan base we are starting to have. Some of you are 3 sheets to the wind on football knowledge

Ceej
LMAO @ people taking King seriously.

Hook, line and sinker.

CoMoChief
Geno Smith is not the best QB in the draft.

-King-
01-07-2013, 10:07 PM
I did and can't think of one in the snow this year, it's KC not Buffalo!

Oh really? That's news to me. How many games did they play in the snow this year? I must have missed it in the 8 games I was there. You Sneaky snow you.

You guys obviously don't live in KC and don't watch Chiefs games.

According to kcfootballweather.com , out of the last 80 games, 67 of them have been played in snow.

KCrockaholic
01-07-2013, 10:07 PM

Who is? And Why? Not only why, but why isn't he?

Strongside
01-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Derrick Thomas was overrated.

Players coming out of college are either over/underrated. Period.

What do we need right now? What is going to turn this team around? Are you seriously going to sit here and tell me that it's a linebacker? Fuck no, you're not, because you'd be lying and you'd know it. It's a quarterback. We finally have the chance to take any quarterback that we want. ANY QUARTERBACK WE WANT. Who fucking cares if he doesn't pan out!? I'll be a hell of a lot less pissed if we take Geno Smith and he doesn't work out than if we take Kawika Mitchell v2.0 and he doesn't pan out.

It makes me sick that Chiefs fans have been clamoring for our franchise to finally take a quarterback with a high draft pick and just when we have the prime opportunity to do so, we start arguing that it shouldn't be done. While I agree that the pick doesn't HAVE to be a quarterback, I sure as hell don't think that it should be Te'o. I'll honestly be shocked if this guy goes in the top 10.

With the new CBA, taking a guy at #1 that may not work out doesn't hurt as bad as it used to. I sure as hell don't want to see Geno taken by Oakland and watch him turn into something great that torches our asses twice every year. I say we take the guy with an insane amount of talent and let our head coach, who's a proven quarterback guru, try to turn him into something special.

I am against taking Te'o at #1 and nothing, at this point, could drive that home more than his poor play in this huge game.

-King-
What games did they play in the snow this year? Or last year, for that matter?

How many games did you see that they did NOT play in the snow?

The burden of proof is on you.

ChiefsOne
I don't care if it Geno, Smith, Barkley or even Berkstresser! I want them to draft a GD QB, it's been 30 years for god's sake.

HolyHat
01-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Not my fault. West Virginia games aren't exactly the hot ticket.

Hmmm, actually I think 80 percent of their games were nationally televised. Next?

Also, not sure if you've heard of it but there is this thing called YouTube. Maybe you've heard of it. It's sorta new and sorta useful

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:09 PM
You guys obviAccording to kcfootballweather.com , out of the last 80 games, 67 of them have been played in snow.

Let's not forget that Andy Reid prefers to play his games in the snow so that is a factor as well.

-King-
01-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Players coming out of college are either over/underrated. Period.

What do we need right now? What is going to turn this team around? Are you seriously going to sit here and tell me that it's a linebacker? Fuck no, you're not, because you'd be lying and you'd know it. It's a quarterback. We finally have the chance to take any quarterback that we want. ANY QUARTERBACK WE WANT. Who fucking cares if he doesn't pan out!? I'll be a hell of a lot less pissed if we take Geno Smith and he doesn't work out than if we take Kawika Mitchell v2.0 and he doesn't pan out.

It makes me sick that Chiefs fans have been clamoring for our franchise to finally take a quarterback with a high draft pick and just when we have the prime opportunity to do so, we start arguing that it shouldn't be done. While I agree that the pick doesn't HAVE to be a quarterback, I sure as hell don't think that it should be Te'o. I'll honestly be shocked if this guy goes in the top 10.

With the new CBA, taking a guy at #1 that may not work out doesn't hurt as bad as it used to. I sure as hell don't want to see Geno taken by Oakland and watch him turn into something great that torches our asses twice every year. I say we take the guy with an insane amount of talent and let our head coach, who's a proven quarterback guru, try to turn him into something special.

I am against taking Te'o at #1 and nothing, at this point, could drive that home more than his poor play in this huge game.

The past 7 superbowl winners have had at least one all pro LB. Coincidence? I think NOT!

RealSNR
01-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Kinda looks as bad as Geno Smith did in his last game...
Keep bleeding from your vagina. Who knows? Maybe Andrew Luck will pop out of it.

Mi_chief_fan
01-07-2013, 10:11 PM
How many games did you see that they did NOT play in the snow?

The burden of proof is on you.

Damn, better replace the batteries in my sarc-o-meter. ROFL

HolyHat
Keep bleeding from your vagina. Who knows? Maybe Andrew Luck will pop out of it.

That would be a neat trick. I'd watch

L.A. Chieffan
Hmmm, actually I think 80 percent of their games were nationally televised. Next?

Also, not sure if you've heard of it but there is this thing called YouTube. Maybe you've heard of it. It's sorta new and sorta useful

YouTube is biased.

And if you think that 80% of Geno Smith games were televised in L.A., bro you need to put down the pipe.

Next.

-King-
Let's not forget that Andy Reid prefers to play his games in the snow so that is a factor as well.

This. So much so that he demanded that Clark put snow games in his contract.

KCrockaholic
Shit... We want Te'o?

Might as well take Chance Warmack. That guy is a great guard that should end up going to a few pro bowls. #1 overall!

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 10:12 PM
The past 7 superbowl winners have had at least one all pro LB. Coincidence? I think NOT!Hali, Johnson, Huston?

Strongside
The past 7 superbowl winners have had at least one all pro LB. Coincidence? I think NOT!

Good thing we have 2...if not 3.

HolyHat
YouTube is biased.

And if you think that 80% of Geno Smith games were televised in L.A., bro you need to put down the pipe.

Next.

Well I don't have bunny ears on my TV like you I can understand why you didn't watch.

htismaqe
You guys obviously don't live in KC and don't watch Chiefs games.

According to kcfootballweather.com , out of the last 80 games, 67 of them have been played in snow.

ROFL

movinbones
Finally playing NFL talent and if I wasn't intently looking for #5 I wouldn't even know he was playing. He also looks to small.

Strongside
01-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Shit... We want Te'o?

Might as well take Chance Warmack. That guy is a great guard that should end up going to a few pro bowls. #1 overall!

Let me fix that for you...

Shit...We want Te'o?

Might as well kill ourselves.

Chief_For_Life58

this.

-King-
Hali, Johnson, Huston?

How many were all pro this year? None. Clearly they're all on the downside of their careers.

L.A. Chieffan
This. So much so that he demanded that Clark put snow games in his contract.

I heard Clark leased some snow machines out of Colorado already. Pack your parkas ST holders

HolyHat
How many were all pro this year? None. Clearly they're all on the downside of their careers.

:spock:

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Clearly they're all on the downside of their careers.:facepalm:

KCrockaholic
Finally playing NFL talent and if I wasn't intently looking for #5 I wouldn't even know he was playing. He also looks to small.

Noooo. Nooooo. He'd make a perfect Jack linebacker next to DJ taking on fullbacks and guards/ ****ing retards everywhere.

Strongside

And clearly you're fucking trolling the drunk people in this thread.

KCrockaholic
You noobs man... smh

Biting as hard on Kings playfake as Manti Te'o has been on Alabama's misdirection plays.

RealSNR
01-07-2013, 10:15 PM
I wouldn't take Te'o if he fell to us in the 2nd. I've been saying that the past month, and I'll bet the combine numbers will only further prove that I'm right.

All those instincts and leadership qualities are worthless if you don't have any speed, can't shed blockers, and flush down all that hype about your awesome tackling abilities down the toilet in the national championship.

Oh, and THE DUDE CAN'T FUCKING RUSH THE QB.

If Mel Kiper and Todd McShay don't take him out of their top 32 overall players, I'll laugh.

L.A. Chieffan
Well I don't have bunny ears on my TV like you I can understand why you didn't watch.

OTA signal sucks where I live.

Next.

-King-
:spock:

:facepalm:

Exactly. No response. Just admit that Te'O will improve this team more than any QB would. Imagine how great DJ could be playing next to Te'O.

HolyHat
01-07-2013, 10:16 PM
OTA signal sucks where I live.

Next.

I'm convinced that someone didn't love you enough when you were little.

Strongside
I wouldn't take Te'o if he fell to us in the 2nd. I've been saying that the past month, and I'll bet the combine numbers will only further prove that I'm right.

All those instincts and leadership qualities are worthless if you don't have any speed, can't shed blockers, and flush down all that hype about your awesome tackling abilities down the toilet in the national championship.

Oh, and THE DUDE CAN'T ****ING RUSH THE QB.

If Mel Kiper and Todd McShay don't take him out of their top 32 overall players, I'll laugh.

BUT GAIS....HE SO GOOOOD.

Gimme a fucking break. We need a quarterback. Get bent with this linebacker bullshit.

Mi_chief_fan

Not only that,EVERY Super Bowl winner has had at least 1 Middle or Inside LB. That's a stat that just can't be ignored.

HolyHat
Exactly. No response. Just admit that Te'O will improve this team more than any QB would. Imagine how great DJ could be playing next to Te'O.

Jesus effing lord. Put the Bourbon down

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Exactly. No response. Just admit that Te'O will improve this team more than any QB would. Imagine how great DJ could be playing next to Te'O.You've got to be trolling.

KCrockaholic

But he's like the Sammy Knight of linebackers.

L.A. Chieffan
I'm convinced that someone didn't love you enough when you were little.

So you admit that there is no QB worth drafting number 1?

I accept your apology.

AussieChiefsFan
I'm convinced that someone didn't love you enough when you were little.ROFL

KCrockaholic
01-07-2013, 10:18 PM
You've got to be trolling.

He's serious.

God... Such an idiot.

AussieChiefsFan

I accept your apology.http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/confused-then-leaves.gif

HolyHat

I accept your apology.

Other than Geno Smith, no.

Strongside
Knock, Knock...

Who's there?

Geno...

Geno Who?

Geno Who's stupid? King and these ****ing idiots that wanna draft Te'o over me.

Priest31kc
01-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Who is? And Why? Not only why, but why isn't he?

He wont answer because he has no fucking clue what he's talking about.

L.A. Chieffan
Australia is still stuck in 1978.

keg in kc
Manti Te'overrated

O.city
01-07-2013, 10:20 PM
NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy

Te'o isn't "hurting his draft stock." It's right where it always has been. Late 1st to early 2nd.

Geno at 1, Teo at 33?

HolyHat
Manti Te'overrated

:thumb:

AussieChiefsFan
Australia is still stuck in 1978.:hmmm:

Crush

That's all you got? Then you take Wilson at No. 1. You fail again Como.

Ceej
Knock, Knock...

Who's there?

Geno...

Geno Who?

Geno Who's stupid? King and these ****ing idiots that wanna draft Te'o over me.

As they say in the internet world -- you sir have been PWNed.

AussieChiefsFan
Manti Te'overratedLMAO

Te'o isn't "hurting his draft stock." It's right where it always has been. Late 1st to early 2nd.

Geno at 1, Teo at 33?:clap:

KCrockaholic
He wont answer because he has no ****ing clue what he's talking about.

I've been waiting, and this conclusion is seeming more and more accurate by the second.... UNLESS he's somehow creating a large essay on how Geno isn't the best QB in the class nor worth #1 overall.

I'll take the first assumption.

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Other than Geno Smith, no.

One guy? Seems pretty flimsy. Especially since there isn't one analyst, expert, columnist, scout, team executive, a Fucking goddamn team security guard who ranks Geno that high...

MotherfuckerJones
ROFL LMAO at anyone who compared Te'Ouch to Ray Lewis

RealSNR
Australia is still stuck in 1978.

Te'o needs to play good football

Crush

Geno at 1, Teo at 33?

No. We need WR or CB in the 2nd Round. Teo would even be a waste of a 2nd rd. pick.

KCrockaholic

Geno at 1, Teo at 33?

Now THIS I could get behind.

Depends on who else is there of course. But I like Xavier Rhodes and Tavon Austin/ Justin Hunter over Te'o.

The Bad Guy

You've gone god damn crazy with your draft analysis.

Can't shed blockers?

I'm not in love with Te'o at all and would never take him with a high pick, but if the guy fell to the top of the 2nd round, you'd have to be fucking braindead not to take him.

Icon
01-07-2013, 10:22 PM
T'eo is Hawaiian for AJ Hawk.

-King-
If you replace Belcher with Te'O this year, we would have been 10-6 with the 5th seed in the AFC.

A linebacker that averages 100+ tackles and 7 INTs a year adds at least 8 wins.

Strongside
T'eo is Hawaiian for AJ Hawk.

Best take in this thread. I was just thinking that he's overhyped just like Hawk was.

HolyHat
One guy? Seems pretty flimsy. Especially since there isn't one analyst, expert, columnist, scout, team executive, a ****ing goddamn team security guard who ranks Geno that high...

I can't wait to see what you have to say after his combine results and how he performs on pro day. He will be far and away the best QB on the board.

AussieChiefsFan
Australia is still stuck in 1978.In what way.... :hmmm:

O.city
01-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Actually, I think Teo would be perfect to play the Urlacher role in the Tampa 2

KCrockaholic
One guy? Seems pretty flimsy. Especially since there isn't one analyst, expert, columnist, scout, team executive, a ****ing goddamn team security guard who ranks Geno that high...

You're a fucking retard.

A real fucking retard.

MotherfuckerJones

Can't shed blockers?

I'm not in love with Te'o at all and would never take him with a high pick, but if the guy fell to the top of the 2nd round, you'd have to be ****ing braindead not to take him.

Agree. He's playing in behind a dline thats getting destroyed. Look how ineffective DJ is when our Dline is getting pushed back and the oline can get to DJ

Pitt Gorilla
If you replace Belcher with Te'O this year, we would have been 10-6 with the 5th seed in the AFC.

A linebacker that averages 100+ tackles and 7 INTs a year adds at least 8 wins.ROFL

-King-
That's all you got? Then you take Wilson at No. 1. You fail again Como.

Speaking of Wilson. Russell Wilson was a 3rd round pick. Where's he now? Still in the playoffs.

Where are Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, and Weeden?

RealSNR

Geno at 1, Teo at 33?

Actually, I wouldn't even do that. If a CB like Amerson or Rhodes were available with that 33rd overall pick, there's no way I take Te'o over them.

Those are two NFL STARTING CBs. Teo is still just a fucking ILB, bad Alabama game aside.

HolyHat

Ok, you're officially fired from life.

Strongside
01-07-2013, 10:24 PM

Yes, but a quarterback with a 10" chocolate penis adds 9 wins. Thus, we are 11-5. What say you now, simpleton?

AussieChiefsFan

A linebacker that averages 100+ tackles and 7 INTs a year adds at least 8 wins.http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss174/amw4896/so-dumb.gif

The Bad Guy
He's playing a horrendous game and by far the worst I've ever seen him play in his 4 years.

However, the line is getting eaten alive by Bama's line. When he does have the chance to make a play, he's palying stupid.

Te'o will have a nice NFL career, but should be picked more in the 15-20 range than the 5-10.

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Speaking of Wilson. Russell Wilson was a 3rd round pick. Where's he now? Still in the playoffs.

Where are Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, and Weeden?Your argument?

HolyHat
Yes, but a quarterback with a 10" chocolate penis adds 9 wins. Thus, we are 11-9. What say you now, simpleton?

I was actually thinking you need 2 rulers to measure that shit.

jd1020
If we are looking at Te'O and a CB in round 2 and we take Te'O... JFC... burn it all!

L.A. Chieffan
You're a fucking retard.

A real fucking retard.

Another argument won.

RealSNR

Can't shed blockers?

I'm not in love with Te'o at all and would never take him with a high pick, but if the guy fell to the top of the 2nd round, you'd have to be fucking braindead not to take him.He's no Derrick Johnson coming out of college, that's for sure

AussieChiefsFan
Ok, you're officially fired from life.^

-King-
Your argument?

We're better off waiting till the 3rd round to draft a QB than the first round. All first round QBs are at home right now.

ChiefsOne
01-07-2013, 10:26 PM

Yeah, I remember some of these "experts" saying Ryan Leif was better than Manning.

Pitt Gorilla
01-07-2013, 10:26 PM
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss174/amw4896/so-dumb.gifPretty sure it was a joke.

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 10:27 PM
We're better off waiting till the 3rd round to draft a QB than the first round. All first round QBs are at home right now.That is a really stupid argument. You dont think Seattle's Defense has anything to do with that? That Marshawn Lynch doesnt have anything to do with it?

L.A. Chieffan
We're better off waiting till the 3rd round to draft a QB than the first round. All first round QBs are at home right now.

Glad to see not everyone on this site is a drooling window licker

AussieChiefsFan
Pretty sure it was a joke.Hopefully. But apparently this guys is for real.

-King-
Yeah, I remember some of these "experts" saying Ryan Leif was better than Manning.

Ryan Leaf was better than Manning. If it wasn't for racism, he'd still be in the league.

Strongside
01-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Hopefully. But apparently this guys is for real.

Probably just had too much Boone's Farm.

The Bad Guy
He's no Derrick Johnson coming out of college, that's for sure

There's holes in his game, but shedding blockers is not one of them.

L.A. Chieffan

And some of them said Peyton was better. Nobody says Geno is number 1. Hmmm

AussieChiefsFan
Ryan Leaf was better than Manning. If it wasn't for racism, he'd still be in the league.Now thats funny LMAO

-King-
That is a really stupid argument. You dont think Seattle's Defense has anything to do with that? That Marshawn Lynch doesnt have anything to do with it?

Wilson just tied Manning's record for most rookie touchdowns in a year. You don't think THAT had anything to do with them being in the playoffs?

L.A. Chieffan
Hopefully. But apparently this guys is for real.

Definitely, you're not dealing with amateurs here dude.

HolyHat
01-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Ryan Leaf was better than Manning. If it wasn't for racism, he'd still be in the league.

You're drunk. No other explanation for your actions right now.

KCrockaholic
Another argument won.

I know.

You still haven't won one.

Crush

Where are Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, and Weeden?

What's your argument? Seattle is in the playoffs mainly because of their defense. They're not asking Wilson to do too much. Luck, RGIII, and even Tannehill carried their respective teams on their backs and made them better. Weeden was disappointing, but the Browns deserve that for drafting a 30 yd. rookie who has already peeked.

AussieChiefsFan
And some of them said Peyton was better. Nobody says Geno is number 1. Hmmmhttp://gifsoup.com/view3/2078268/one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-o.gif

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:30 PM
I know.

You still haven't won one.

Resorting to name calling means you've given up. I win. You're welcome.

Ceej
HEY!!!! YOU MOTHERFUCKING IDIOTS!

KING IS BEING FUCKING FACETIOUS.

FUCKING IDIOTS.

GO TO BED!

AussieChiefsFan
Wilson just tied Manning's record for most rookie touchdowns in a year. You don't think THAT had anything to do with them being in the playoffs?Yes, ofcourse it did. But are you saying that last year, if you had the #1/#2 pick, that you wouldnt have drafted Luck or RG3, but instead waited until the later rounds?

Strongside
01-07-2013, 10:31 PM
King and L.A. Chieffan have reassured me that no matter how much the world changes...there are still bumbling idiots running around that could snatch up my children at a moments notice and force them to beat off to Manti Te'o posters.

Seriously guys...find a new hobby.

-King-
01-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Yes, ofcourse it did. But are you saying that last year, if you had the #1/#2 pick, that you wouldnt have drafted Luck or RG3, but instead waited until the later rounds?

I would have drafted Luke Kuechy in the first and then drafted Russel Wilson in the 3rd.

L.A. Chieffan

FUCKING IDIOTS.

GO TO BED!

Do you see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!

Mi_chief_fan

:wayne:

DaneMcCloud
What's your argument? Seattle is in the playoffs mainly because of their defense. They're not asking Wilson to do too much. Luck, RGIII, and even Tannehill carried their respective teams on their backs and made them better. Weeden was disappointing, but the Browns deserve that for drafting a 30 yd. rookie who has already peeked.

Russell Wilson threw the ball 393 times, same as RGIII. He had 3,100 yards, 26 TD's and 10 INT's with a 64% completion rate.

They're asking him to do a lot.

-King-

FUCKING IDIOTS.

GO TO BED!

I can't even think of what to say anymore LMAO

AussieChiefsFan
I would have drafted Luke Kuechy in the first and then drafted Russel Wilson in the 3rd.You would have drafted Kuechly at #1? Over Luck/RG3?

Strongside
01-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Do you see what happens when you **** a stranger in the ass!

I prefer the edited version. You see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps!?

I'll never forget when I heard that on TV. Blew my mind.

Rams Fan
King and L.A. Chieffan have reassured me that no matter how much the world changes...there are still bumbling idiots running around that could snatch up my children at a moments notice and force them to beat off to Manti Te'o posters.

Seriously guys...find a new hobby.

:LOL:

King hasn't gone full idiot like LAChieffan did. King is just having some fun.

Ceej

You could probably keep going and they wouldn't even realize it.

Derp.

KCrockaholic
Resorting to name calling means you've given up. I win. You're welcome.

Thank you for your time. Good luck next time.

-King-
01-07-2013, 10:34 PM
You would have drafted Kuechly at #1? Over Luck/RG3?

Are either one of them in the playoffs? No. Is Wilson? Yes.

ChiefsOne
And some of them said Peyton was better. Nobody says Geno is number 1. Hmmm

No, but my point is they're not always right. My only response from now on:

RealSNR

Then don't say anything. Take a bow.

L.A. Chieffan
I prefer the edited version. You see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps!?

I'll never forget when I heard that on TV. Blew my mind.

Shut the fuck up Donnie.

AussieChiefsFan
Obvious troll is obvious.

WV

But I don't give a flying ****. He's not this amazing prospect that deserves to be taken #1 overall because at the end of the day he's a ****ing linebacker. A good linebacker. A guy that will be a solid starter in the NFL for a few years. But I'm willing to bet he's NEVER even as good as Derrick Johnson.

Well said.

KCrockaholic
I can't believe anyone seriously believes King is being serious right now.

AussieChiefsFan
Are either one of them in the playoffs? No. Is Wilson? Yes.Obvious troll is obvious. :clap:

Strongside
01-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Shut the **** up Donnie.

You're outta your element.

AussieChiefsFan
Obvious troll is obvious. :clap:But still not sure about LA Chief

Rams Fan
Obvious troll is obvious. :clap:

It's about damn time you figured it out.

Strongside
I can't believe anyone seriously believes King is being serious right now.

He is seriously joking.

HolyHat
01-07-2013, 10:36 PM
This escalated quickly. I mean this really got out of hand. King killed a guy

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:36 PM
No, but my point is they're not always right. My only response from now on:

Ryan leaf was the guy with the upside through the roof in that draft.

You just compared Geno to Ryan Leaf, not me.

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:37 PM
This escalated quickly. I mean this really got out of hand. King killed a guy

Your movie quotes suck.

KCrockaholic
But still not sure about LA Chief

No. He's an actual mouth breather.

AussieChiefsFan
It's about damn time you figured it out.LA Chief being serious?

-King-
Then don't say anything. Take a bow.

Yeah... that went on for far too long.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk31ovUwzZ1qep2ygo1_500.gif Arrivederci fellas.

HolyHat
01-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Your movie quotes suck.

Now I know you're full of shit.

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 10:38 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk31ovUwzZ1qep2ygo1_500.gif Arrivederci fellas.LMAO

Rams Fan
01-07-2013, 10:39 PM
LA Chief being serious?

LA Chief is just trolling for the sake of being a troll.

Bump
how could Reid not go QB with his history of loving the passing game?

Ceej
Too much fucking stupid (and brilliance) in this thread.

A couple of you guys got King rolled.

ChiefsOne

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk31ovUwzZ1qep2ygo1_500.gif Arrivederci fellas.

Thanks for raising my blood pressure. I could have skipped cardio tonight!

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:40 PM
LA Chief being serious?

Your like a child that's wandered into the middle of a movie and wonders what's going on...

Strongside
01-07-2013, 10:40 PM
I'll admit, I was caught up in the troll. Bitches be threatnin my intelligence...I pounce, see?

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Your like a child that's wandered into the middle of a movie and wonders what's going on...http://willpowerthru.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/thatsit-imoutgameoverman_8e846debb8a2f24b1a8f6e573271cffa.gif

ChiefsOne
01-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Too much ****ing stupid (and brilliance) in this thread.

A couple of you guys got King rolled.

pwned

Priest31kc
01-07-2013, 10:43 PM
One guy? Seems pretty flimsy. Especially since there isn't one analyst, expert, columnist, scout, team executive, a Fucking goddamn team security guard who ranks Geno that high...

Geno & Wilson are both worthy of the #1 pick, easily. Bray & Barkley could go in the Top 10 too. Shit, Barkley was a projected Top 10 pick last year in the same draft as Luck & RG3.

Geno will go up the "rankings" after the combine & pro days. This happens every year. Kiper, McShay, etc...Will all have Geno & Wilson in the Top 10 after. They'll all move them up because they know teams that dont have a QB will take them...because they dont have one. It's all about positional value.

So then you're basically saying a potential franchise QB ranked 10th or so overall, isn't worth taking just 9 spots higher over a LT or a DT. You're saying you'd rather take a LT or DT over the most important position in sports, the most valuable position by far in football.

A position the Chiefs DO NOT HAVE. A position we haven't had for 7 years. A position we haven't drafted in the 1st round in 30 years. A position you must have in order to win and be a consistent playoff/Super Bowl threat year in and year out.

But yeah, lets take another position. Let's miss out on a potential franchise QB again so we can take a left tackle or a defensive tackle that aren't "sure things" either. Makes sense.

And in your opinion, why isn't Geno Smith worthy of the #1 pick? Why isn't Tyler Wilson? Why are they worse prospects than past Top 10 QBs like Gabbert, Locker, Bradford, Sanchez, Newton, etc...?

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:44 PM
No. He's an actual mouth breather.

Hey dipshit at least I'm not a fake fan and supports this team. You're just a bandwagoner dude. Go root for the packers and leave us alone.

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Hey dipshit at least I'm not a fake fan and supports this team. You're just a bandwagoner dude. Go root for the packers and leave us alone.A bandwagon Chiefs fan? LMAO

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Geno & Wilson are both worthy of the #1 pick, easily. Bray & Barkley could go in the Top 10 too. Shit, Barkley was a projected Top 10 pick last year in the same draft as Luck & RG3.

Geno will go up the "rankings" after the combine & pro days. This happens every year. Kiper, McShay, etc...Will all have Geno & Wilson in the Top 10 after. They'll all move them up because they know teams that dont have a QB will take them...because they dont have one. It's all about positional value.

So then you're basically saying a potential franchise QB ranked 10th or so overall, isn't worth taking just 9 spots higher over a LT or a DT. You're saying you'd rather take a LT or DT over the most important position in sports, the most valuable position by far in football.

A position the Chiefs DO NOT HAVE. A position we haven't had for 7 years. A position we haven't drafted in the 1st round in 30 years. A position you must have in order to win and be a consistent playoff/Super Bowl threat year in and year out.

But yeah, lets take another position. Let's miss out on a potential franchise QB again so we can take a left tackle or a defensive tackle that aren't "sure things" either. Makes sense.

And in your opinion, why isn't Geno Smith worthy of the #1 pick? Why isn't Tyler Wilson? Why are they worse prospects than past Top 10 QBs like Gabbert, Locker, Bradford, Sanchez, Newton, etc...?

There's this thing called free agency and trading. Not sure if you've heard of it. Reaching way to high for a guy just because you "need" it doesn't make sense. BPA

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:47 PM
A bandwagon Chiefs fan? LMAO

Turns on his own team, sad to see.

KCrockaholic
01-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Hey dipshit at least I'm not a fake fan and supports this team. You're just a bandwagoner dude. Go root for the packers and leave us alone.

A bandwagon Chiefs fan? LMAO

LMAO

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Turns on his own team, sad to see.:spock:

Hoover
And what QB are we getting via free agency. That's also how we got Cassel

crazycoffey

Boat, we're in the same one

HolyHat

L.A. I appreciate your opinions, just do me a favor and go watch some more of Geno. The kid makes some sick throws. If you don't have time or patience to watch much, just watch him in the Marshall game on YouTube.

ChiefsOne
01-07-2013, 10:49 PM
There's this thing called free agency and trading. Not sure if you've heard of it. BPA

Yeah that has worked out great for the Chiefs.

Priest31kc
01-07-2013, 10:50 PM
There's this thing called free agency and trading. Not sure if you've heard of it. Reaching way to high for a guy just because you "need" it doesn't make sense. BPA

We've been down that road the last 30 years...and its gotten us no where.

Zero playoff wins in 20 years.

Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, Tyler Palko, Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard, Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono.

Aren't you tired of it?

And seriously!? That was your best response? You seriously think Alex fucking Smith or Matt Flynn are the answers? WHAT!?

And umm, free agency? ROFL

Oh and good job ignoring everything else I pointed out and the questions I asked.

You lost another argument.

crazycoffey
I'm wondering why AJ doesn't declare or Murray declare after watching Te'o lose millions of dollars tonight.

KCrockaholic
Yeah that has worked out great for the Chiefs.

Can't wait to do it again.

AussieChiefsFan
LA Chief, read this. http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/12/21/3790082/geno-smith-nfl-draft-chiefs-no-1-pick

L.A. Chieffan
01-07-2013, 10:51 PM
L.A. I appreciate your opinions, just do me a favor and go watch some more of Geno. The kid makes some sick throws. If you don't have time or patience to watch much, just watch him in the Marshall game on YouTube.

Marshall is a defensive juggernaut.

Strongside
01-07-2013, 10:51 PM

We've been down that road before. Time to try a different approach.

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
We've been down that road before. Time to try a different approach.Exactly. It's incredible how people want to do the same thing again.

KCrockaholic
01-07-2013, 10:53 PM
We've been down that road before. Time to try a different approach.

It worked for New Orleans!!! :drool:

HolyHat
01-07-2013, 10:53 PM

Just watch.
http://youtu.be/bZo__7PRl8A

KCrockaholic
01-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Just watch.
http://youtu.be/bZo__7PRl8A

You're trying too hard with this guy. It's not worth it. It's the reason I typically stay away from talking with him. For some reason tonight I felt like acknowledging him.

crazycoffey

Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, Tyler Palko, Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard, Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono.

Aren't you tired of it?

And seriously!? That was your best response? You seriously think Alex fucking Smith or Matt Flynn are the answers? WHAT!?

Oh and good job ignoring everything else I pointed out and the questions I asked.

No, we need to draft one top QB, sign a younger vet with potential and another vet with a diverse background and let Andy make a new toy story.

HolyHat

If you want to watch him destroy good defenses watch some tape from him last year against Clemson and LSU

DonkyPuncher
01-07-2013, 11:05 PM

this ^

DonkyPuncher
01-07-2013, 11:06 PM

Sure he can, I have seen DJ do it many times

Dave Lane
01-07-2013, 11:06 PM

He's a fraud just like ND

Valiant
01-07-2013, 11:13 PM

Aren't you tired of it?

And seriously!? That was your best response? You seriously think Alex ****ing Smith or Matt Flynn are the answers? WHAT!?

Yeah, I can't see how spending the 1st pick on Geno, who is already a top 3 pick, and will slam dunk the top spot after the combine is a silly pick to use at 1..

But trading high picks for Alex game Manager Smith, or Matt Cassel Flynn is wise??

I could be biased, I have watched quite a few games this year.. He is smart, makes good throws, accurate and can run.. I have no idea how that is bad and worth not spending the pick on.. Shit, even his so called horrible games were not that bad..

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I can't see how spending the 1st pick on Geno, who is already a top 3 pick, and will slam dunk the top spot after the combine is a silly pick to use at 1..

But trading high picks for Alex game Manager Smith, or Matt Cassel Flynn is wise??

I could be biased, I have watched quite a few games this year.. He is smart, makes good throws, accurate and can run.. I have no idea how that is bad and worth not spending the pick on.. Shit, even his so called horrible games were not that bad..:clap:

Hammock Parties
01-07-2013, 11:14 PM
teehee

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/6223479/teosux.0_standard_730.0.gif

Valiant
01-07-2013, 11:16 PM
No, we need to draft one top QB, sign a younger vet with potential and another vet with a diverse background and let Andy make a new toy story.

If they decide not to keep Stanzi, ( I assume the other two turds will be jettisoned) I would say this,

1/ Geno
2/ Matt Hasselbeck, back/mentor
3/ another rookie/young FA QB (do not trade for another teams young QB)

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2013, 11:29 PM
teehee

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/6223479/teosux.0_standard_730.0.gifTeo fail GIF compilation coming up?

Chiefspants
01-07-2013, 11:32 PM
teehee

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/6223479/teosux.0_standard_730.0.gif

I dunno, I'd be game for a second Andy Studebaker.

Exoter175
01-08-2013, 03:43 AM
teehee

I think you mean, Te'o.

:evil:

01-08-2013, 05:09 AM
When are people going to realize that LA_Chieffan finds an obvious trolling point and latches on to it.

He is trolling you. Last year it was Cassel. This year it is anti Geno.

ChiefRocka
01-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Noooo. Nooooo. He'd make a perfect Jack linebacker next to DJ taking on fullbacks and guards/ ****ing retards everywhere.

Not at #1 he won't be.

Molitoth
01-08-2013, 08:18 AM
When are people going to realize that LA_Chieffan finds an obvious trolling point and latches on to it.

This.

notorious
01-08-2013, 08:21 AM

/THREAD

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 08:40 AM

That's because the best trolling is based partially in truth. Without truth, there is no sarcasm.

And even LA can't believe the Cassel stuff anymore.

L.A. Chieffan
01-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Since we're just going to look at last night's game to base our draft off of, how about Barrett Jones huh? Played injured, looked like a beast. We could trade out to about the 10 spot pick up this stud and maybe some secondary help.

With the addition of Dorsey Matt Flynn should put us over the top.

silver5liter
01-08-2013, 10:48 AM
I've watched a few games, he's good but not great. There's a reason he is projected to go late first, early second

KCDC
01-08-2013, 12:21 PM

This!

Rausch
01-08-2013, 12:24 PM
I've watched a few games, he's good but not great. There's a reason he is projected to go late first, early second

I only watched the 1st half yesterday but there wasn't $3it that impressed me...

The Franchise
01-08-2013, 12:24 PM
He's still a 1st round pick. Probably in the 15-25 range.

Easy 6
01-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Reid never goes big on backers, so this is a pointless exercise.

He'd go cb, dl or ol long before taking teo.

Rasputin
01-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Since we're just going to look at last night's game to base our draft off of, how about Barrett Jones huh? Played injured, looked like a beast. We could trade out to about the 10 spot pick up this stud and maybe some secondary help.

With the addition of Dorsey Matt Flynn should put us over the top.

Sometimes your funny with your trolling but seriously just not funny much anymore. Neg rep bitch.

whoman69
01-08-2013, 01:12 PM
That's because the best trolling is based partially in truth. Without truth, there is no sarcasm.

And even LA can't believe the Cassel stuff anymore.

How does Skip Bayless still come up with the Tebow trolls?

Trevo_410
01-08-2013, 04:57 PM
http://gifs8.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/img112.gif?9d7bd4

HemiEd
01-08-2013, 05:02 PM
You've got to be trolling.

I think, or at least hope, this whole thread is trolling. It can't be serious.

crazycoffey
01-08-2013, 05:04 PM
http://gifs8.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/img112.gif?9d7bd4

Is this the honey-boo-boo girl trying out for football?

bowener
01-08-2013, 05:07 PM
All the pieces are falling in place to set up the QB's rocketing up the board. As soon as the season is over and the writers/talking heads need to hold our attention, they will start blowing the QB prospects.

O.city
01-08-2013, 05:08 PM
I don't really see the physical skills there for Teo to go that high.

bowener
01-08-2013, 05:15 PM
I know this is kind of out of place in here, but it looks like Te'o might slide a bit and I was wondering if people thought with all the teams losing coaches this year, do you think there will be a ridiculous run on QBs early so that the new coach can get "his" quarterback? Would the chance of losing out on a QB if we trade back force Reid's hand to draft Geno (hopefully) at #1?

Pasta Little Brioni
01-08-2013, 05:17 PM
2nd rounder

BlackHelicopters
01-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Dude just missed another tackle.

Rasputin
01-08-2013, 05:20 PM
I know this is kind of out of place in here, but it looks like Te'o might slide a bit and I was wondering if people thought with all the teams losing coaches this year, do you think there will be a ridiculous run on QBs early so that the new coach can get "his" quarterback? Would the chance of losing out on a QB if we trade back force Reid's hand to draft Geno (hopefully) at #1?

Yes. At least the top three prospects will be taken in the first round. Plenty of teams need a QB or don't trust who they got. If we trade back we just risk the chance of losing out on the best prospect that is Geno Smith arguably out of the three. I can see the fucking raiders taking Barkley at there 3 spot.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-08-2013, 05:27 PM
If any of us were as bad at our job as Kiper we'd be fired.

bowener
01-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Yes. At least the top three prospects will be taken in the first round. Plenty of teams need a QB or don't trust who they got. If we trade back we just risk the chance of losing out on the best prospect that is Geno Smith arguably out of the three. I can see the fucking raiders taking Barkley at there 3 spot.

That is my fear. That we try and drop down a few spots and miss out on snagging the most important piece for an NFL team. I really think we take Geno at #1 though. There is no way Reid can look at our shit QBs without facepalming, and I can't imagine him being impressed by Alex Smith either. Then there is the fact that the Chiefs haven't taken a QB in the first in forever, and (intelligent) fans would be stoked/buy more season tickets and apparel shit.

crazycoffey
01-08-2013, 05:49 PM

I think that game may have cost him a couple million dollars

notorious
01-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Thank you, Alabama, for squashing all the idiotic talk about drafting Teo at #1.

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2013, 05:59 PM
2nd rounder

He's not even as good as Mualuga, who went at the top of the second.

His 40 time will kill him.

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2013, 05:59 PM
I think that game may have cost him a couple million dollars

Nah, The Combines would have done that, regardless.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-08-2013, 06:02 PM
He's not even as good as Mualuga, who went at the top of the second.

His 40 time will kill him.

Would you take him with our 3rd? I remember when Spikes sank like a stone.

TEX
01-08-2013, 06:03 PM

Basing your take on one game? Did ya happen to catch Geno's las one? Now I'm NOT saying to avoid Smith - I am saying don't judge a player by just one game, do it by the whole body of work.

TEX
01-08-2013, 06:04 PM

Of course.

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2013, 06:05 PM

It all depends on his Combine numbers. I have a feeling he's going to be slow as shit. Plus, it also depends on which defense the Chiefs decide to run and how valuable that position is to the new defense.

Nightfyre
01-08-2013, 06:07 PM
It all depends on his Combine numbers. I have a feeling he's going to be slow as shit. Plus, it also depends on which defense the Chiefs decide to run and how valuable that position is to the new defense.

That's a good point. He definitely fits the 3-4 we played last year, but if he is slow, he may not fit our new 3-4.

scho63
01-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Subpar performance in BCS title game raises serious questions about Manti Te’o's draft stock

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/subpar-performance-bcs-title-game-raises-serious-questions-130641660--nfl.html

Those who are interested in personal narratives may find the story of Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o more compelling than do the scouts, coaches, and personnel executives who are now responsible for deciding where Te'o will go in the 2013 NFL Draft. Though he was thought by many to be a sure-fire top-5 pick -- there were even some who believed Te'o to be worthy of the first overall selection -- Te'o's flaws were exposed against Alabama's big-boy offense in the Crimson Tide's 42-14 beat down of the Fighting Irish in Monday's BCS Championship game.

Facing an offensive line that had poleaxed opponents all season, and a multi-headed run game that proved impossible to stop, Te'o looked very much like an NFL prospect with impressive range in space and coverage, but a real need for improved core and functional strength before he can truly take on what the NFL has to offer.

“This definitely sucks,” Te’o said after the game. “But I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I wouldn’t trade this team for anything. I wouldn’t do anything differently. Obviously, we wish that the night could have ended in a different way, but the season, the year, my career here, I’ve been really blessed to be at Notre Dame and I’ll forever be proud to say that I’m a Notre Dame Fighting Irish.”

At 6-foot-2 and 255 pounds, Te'o isn't set up to be one of the new wave of lighter, faster linebackers in the vein of Luke Kuechly, Lavonte David, or Bobby Wagner. That bigger kind of linebacker needs to hit run fits hard, and stop big plays from happening at or near the line of scrimmage. That did not happen in this game. Te'o was pushed back and out of gaps, he didn't close when he needed to with consistency, and his ability to cover a lot of ground in a short period of time was rendered relatively useless as Alabama simply punched Notre Dame in the mouth with alarming regularity.

[Related: Notre Dame's crushing loss offers more proof Alabama, SEC rule]
Where that leaves the winner of the Walter Camp, Bednarik, Lombardi, and Nagurski awards is open to debate, but in an NFL that does not value the traditional 4-3 inside linebacker as is once did, Te'o may find himself on the outside looking in unless he positions himself in pre-draft workouts as the kind nickel linebacker who can cover half a football field and deal with a multi-faceted NFL passing game. That's where he has more potential, because Te'o really does cover ground impressively. When it comes to hitting run gaps with authority, Te'o may need more help from defensive tackles than some people imagined.

His character is not in question -- the way Te'o was able to keep his season on track after the deaths of his girlfriend and grandmother in September speaks so very well of his determination and love of the game. By all accounts, Te'o is a great leader, and the kind of player you want on your defense to line other players up and get them rolling.

But when it comes to the NFL, and what the pro game requires, Te'o opened a Pandora's Box that the higher league will have to explore. He now has the scouting combine, and the rest of the pre-draft process, to put those concerns to rest.

“I just use it as fuel, I just use it as fuel to be better,” Te’o concluded. “That’s all you can use it for. Like I said, life goes on. What are you going to take from this? Are you just going to sulk and just sit back and feel sorry for yourself? Or are you going to get up and do something about it? I have an opportunity to do something about it. And one day, it’s going to make me better.”

The NFL would like that to be so.

buddha
01-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Te'o's shitty NC game performance is much more significant than just one game. It was the only game that mattered. It was for all the marbles and it was against competition that most closely mirrors what he'll see in the NFL. He looked HORRIBLE. He missed open tackles. He stood around and watched. He allowed himself to stay blocked consistently. Manti Te'o looked like a scared little bunny. It's embarrassing that he won all of those national awards.

The Franchise
01-08-2013, 07:31 PM
He is what he is.....an ILB in a 3-4.

SAUTO
01-08-2013, 07:50 PM
He is what he is.....an ILB in a 3-4.

This article says traditional 43 mlb. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
01-08-2013, 07:52 PM
This article says traditional 43 mlb. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

That article is complete bullshit.

Notre Dame got punched in the mouth in the beginning of that game and they didn't know how to respond.

IMO.....Te'o will excel in a 3-4. I can totally see the Ravens or Steelers drafting him.

SAUTO
01-08-2013, 07:55 PM
That article is complete bullshit.

Notre Dame got punched in the mouth in the beginning of that game and they didn't know how to respond.

IMO.....Te'o will excel in a 3-4. I can totally see the Ravens or Steelers drafting him.
I can agree. I believe he will probably go before them.
Posted via Mobile Device

buddha
01-08-2013, 08:59 PM
I can agree. I believe he will probably go before them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe not. Pittsburgh's pick isn't as low as it usually is.