PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Texas A&M LT Joeckel is coming out for draft

MotherfuckerJones
01-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
Texas A&M LT Luke Joeckel is skipping his SR yr to enter NFL draft, per source as initially reported by @billyliucci
Retweeted by Matt Miller
Expand

The Franchise
01-08-2013, 01:18 PM
no1curr

reid_friday
01-08-2013, 01:19 PM
There is our #1 pick

Thig Lyfe
can he play QB

DJ's left nut
Good thing we already have a solid young veteran tackle we can bring back, eh?

I'd hate to think this news is even remotely relevant...

mr. tegu
01-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Good thing we already have a solid young veteran tackle we can bring back, eh?

I'd hate to think this news is even remotely relevant...

It is just going to take everyone some time to get used to the fact that we will no longer be doing the exact opposite of what we should do. Pioli has broken the collective trust.

The Franchise
01-08-2013, 01:22 PM
I would rather see what Stephenson has at LT than draft this fuck at #1.

Bewbies
01-08-2013, 01:22 PM
This will be our pick in every mock draft this year and next.

DJ's left nut
01-08-2013, 01:23 PM
I would rather see what Stephenson has at LT than draft this fuck at #1.

I'd rather see what Winston has at LT and Jeff Allen at RT with Hudson at G and Casey Weigman at C before I draft this fuck at #1.

I will not, under any circumstances, support Jake Long 2.0 at 1.1.

reid_friday
01-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Andy Reid more or less stated yesterday the team is going in a different direction than QB.

ptlyon
01-08-2013, 01:26 PM
As the Wally penis gets harder...

The Franchise
Andy Reid more or less stated yesterday the team is going in a different direction than QB.

No he didn't.

Fucking mouth breather.

MoreLemonPledge
YOU CAN'T REACH FOR A QUARTERBACK JUST BECAUSE WE NEED ONE DRAFT FOR VALUE

BUT IF WE DON'T SIGN ALBERT, WE HAVE TO GET JOECKEL BECAUSE WE NEED A LEFT TACKLE FORGET THE OTHER POSITIONS

RealSNR
01-08-2013, 01:27 PM
This will be our pick in every mock draft this year and next.

That happens to us, Cleveland, and Buffalo all the time.

Unsexy cities. Unremarkable teams. Boring. Subconsciously they want to see great draft picks paired up with teams that would look really hot with them. They don't want to mock any of the good ones to us.

Tackles, guards, DTs, and MLBs oh my!

Dante84

Less.

As in, "didn't"

ptlyon

BUT IF WE DON'T SIGN ALBERT, WE HAVE TO GET JOECKEL BECAUSE WE NEED A LEFT TACKLE FORGET THE OTHER POSITIONS

OKAY

suds79
01-08-2013, 01:32 PM

Then mission failed by not signing Albert.

Essentially we get the #1 overall pick back by signing Albert.

This would be a disaster. See Cleveland & Miami. You don't build around a LT. You build around a QB.... And the #1 overall pick in the draft is suppose to be the person your franchise builds around.

MotherfuckerJones
01-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Alberts back issues now have me a little concerned

KC_Lee
01-08-2013, 01:35 PM

The fact that there is no QB to protect seems to be lost on so many people.

reid_friday
01-08-2013, 01:36 PM
the mocks are in boys, read em and weep

ptlyon
01-08-2013, 01:37 PM
The fact that there is no QB to protect seems to be lost on so many people.

Or worth protecting, as is the case

tyton75
01-08-2013, 01:40 PM
While I'm with everyone that we need a QB; there aren't any high caliber QB's to be had with the no.1 pick IMO. Albert was up and down this season and Winston was outright terrible some of the time.

They are saying this guy is the best OT prospect to come out in 10 years. I would be behind Reid if he decided to take the BPA with the overall no.1 pick and then address the QB position in the 2nd round or trade back up into the 1st to get the QB they want.

I'm also confident we will be active in FA to find a "journeyman" type QB as a mentor.

Oh Snap
01-08-2013, 01:42 PM

He really didn't state that. We don't even have a gm right now. Do you honestly expect him to make that decision the same day he is introduced as the chiefs head coach?! We still have three months till the draft...

mr. tegu
01-08-2013, 01:44 PM
You know what really drives me nuts? People say this isn't a good QB class, but then go on to say we should wait to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Yeah that's brilliant! "It isn't a good QB class to begin with so lets just take one of the 2nd tier guys."

DJ's left nut
01-08-2013, 01:45 PM
While I'm with everyone that we need a QB; there aren't any high caliber QB's to be had with the no.1 pick IMO. Albert was up and down this season and Winston was outright terrible some of the time.

They are saying this guy is the best OT prospect to come out in 10 years. I would be behind Reid if he decided to take the BPA with the overall no.1 pick and then address the QB position in the 2nd round or trade back up into the 1st to get the QB they want.

I'm also confident we will be active in FA to find a "journeyman" type QB as a mentor.

Who?

Who the !@#$ is saying that he's the best OT prospect in a decade?

He's not the best OT prospect in 12 months, IMO. Khalil is much better than Joekel. He's damn sure not Joe Thomas. The kid is just another Jake Long.

And next year's QB class is worse than this years (unless you believe McCarron can make the leap, but he peaks at Barkley levels, IMO) - if you don't take one this year, you're not getting a legitimate young QB in here until 2015.

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 01:46 PM

Luke Joeckel the best OT to come out in 10 years?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

tyton75
01-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Its not a good QB class. If you have the choice between drafting a Willie Roaf or a Christian Ponder with the no. 1 overall pick. What do you think the best choice is for the future of this franchise?

The "2nd Tier" aren't any different in many respects than the "first tier".

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 01:48 PM

ROFL

Yeah, you either weren't listening or you don't have a basic grasp of the English language.

the Talking Can
01-08-2013, 01:48 PM
i'm gonna run out of bullets before the draft gets here...

Reerun_KC
01-08-2013, 01:49 PM

JFC lifetard alert!!!!

htismaqe
Its not a good QB class. If you have the choice between drafting a Willie Roaf or a Christian Ponder with the no. 1 overall pick. What do you think the best choice is for the future of this franchise?

Luke Joeckel isn't Willie Roaf.

He isn't even Jake Long.

If Luke Joeckel is Willie Roaf then Geno Smith is Tom Brady.

Seriously, just stop. It's making you look stupid.

Deberg_1990
I think Joekel would "fit in well" with the Chiefs

Signed, Piolli

Molitoth
01-08-2013, 01:51 PM

:spock::rolleyes::huh:

DJ's left nut

Luke Joekel isn't Willie Roaf and Geno Smith isn't Christian Ponder.

I'll go ahead and be lukewarm on Geno and Wilson for the sake of comparison.

Which would make this a better football team next year: Jake Long or Jake Locker?

A) Locker/Albert
B) Alex Smith/Long

A seems like a no-brainer.

WildTurkey

Joeckel is not even close to being Willie Roaf. IMO he's not even an improvement over Albert

tyton75
01-08-2013, 01:57 PM
I love how the thought isn't even considered and I'm just blasted for coming up with a differing opinion.

While Geno was awesome against walk-over opponents, he was no better than average most of the year. Assuming he is the one that everyone here is SO desperate to draft no.1 OVERALL.

Wouldn't you think it might make a little sense to look around and see if we can find someone who was actually a stand out in their position in college?

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 01:57 PM
So I turn on WHB and they're taking calls...

Caller #1: What if we take that tackle from Texas A&M and get a QB later? Maybe we could get Matt Barkley in the 2nd...

Caller #2: If we can get the 2010 Matt Cassel - 27 TDs, 7 INTs - I'll take it.

Caller #3: You're gonna think I'm nuts but why is nobody talking about Chase Daniel.

the Talking Can
01-08-2013, 01:58 PM
I love how the thought isn't even considered and I'm just blasted for coming up with a differing opinion.

While Geno was awesome against walk-over opponents, he was no better than average most of the year. Assuming he is the one that everyone here is SO desperate to draft no.1 OVERALL.

Wouldn't you think it might make a little sense to look around and see if we can find someone who was actually a stand out in their position in college?

wouldn't it make sense to kill yourself?

sure would save us the time...

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 01:59 PM

You weren't blasted for having a differing opinion. You were blasted for having a WRONG opinion.

It's always the same - Geno isn't Christian Ponder or Blaine Gabbert. But Luke Joeckel is the next Willie Roaf, Manti Te'o is the next Ray Lewis, and Jarvis Jones is the next Derrick Thomas.

It's ridiculous hyperbole and a blatant double standard.

WildTurkey
01-08-2013, 02:01 PM

History has shown that when a #1 pick is used on anything other than a qb it usually doesn't work out. Long over Ryan is the most recent example.

AussieChiefsFan
01-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Before it was Teo, now it's gonna be this guy.

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 02:04 PM
History has shown that when a #1 pick is used on anything other than a qb it usually doesn't work out. Long over Ryan is the most recent example.

Forget Long over Ryan. Let's just look at Long.

Pretty solid for his first 4 seasons and then started tailing off. Has had a couple of nagging injuries and now the Dolphins are hinting at needing to replace him.

Even without Matt Rayn in the discussion, that pick was a DISASTER.

And Long was a superior prospect to Joeckel.

the Talking Can
01-08-2013, 02:04 PM
anything but a QB

ABAQB

WildTurkey
01-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Look at the remaining teams in the playoffs. The majority of the teams are built around a QB not a LT.

DaWolf
01-08-2013, 02:06 PM
So I turn on WHB and they're taking calls...

Caller #1: What if we take that tackle from Texas A&M and get a QB later? Maybe we could get Matt Barkley in the 2nd...

Caller #2: If we can get the 2010 Matt Cassel - 27 TDs, 7 INTs - I'll take it.

Caller #3: You're gonna think I'm nuts but why is nobody talking about Chase Daniel.

There was a caller the other day who argued we should trade the #1 overall pick for Cousins... :shake:

AussieChiefsFan
01-08-2013, 02:07 PM
There was a caller the other day who argued we should trade the #1 overall pick for Cousins... :shake:http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/templates/14288.jpg

AdumbGuy
01-08-2013, 02:08 PM
You know what really drives me nuts? People say this isn't a good QB class, but then go on to say we should wait to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Yeah that's brilliant! "It isn't a good QB class to begin with so lets just take one of the 2nd tier guys."

Well put.

We're not getting anything qb worthy any other way. Even assuming Geno doesn't have the fantastic potential to be completely worthy of the No. 1 pick, there's still a lot of teams out there quite desperate for a QB. I don't care if the qb draft CLASS is weak, because we have the top overall pick.

Finally,

Some folk'll never lose a toe, but then again, some folk'll
like cletus, the slack jawed Joeckel.

WildTurkey
01-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Forget Long over Ryan. Let's just look at Long.

Pretty solid for his first 4 seasons and then started tailing off. Has had a couple of nagging injuries and now the Dolphins are hinting at needing to replace him.

Even without Matt Rayn in the discussion, that pick was a DISASTER.

And Long was a superior prospect to Joeckel.

True. In the end waiting on the QB ended up netting them a lesser QB and a broken LT who probably isn't even going to be re-signed

ModSocks
01-08-2013, 02:10 PM

Are you fucking with us or something?

Look how long you've been part of this board.....Have you learned nothing?

tyton75
01-08-2013, 02:11 PM
The venom in here is awesome.

fwiw.. Jarvis Jones does remind me a bit of Derrick Thomas.

and like I said to begin with, I agree that we need a QB very badly. I'm just glad we have someone in charge that can recognize QB talent and won't be afraid to look elsewhere with the first pick if he doesn't deem the talent level at the position worth of the no. 1 pick overall.

WildTurkey
01-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Not to mention that the year before the Long pick MIA chose Ronnie Brown at #2 and passed on Aaron Rodgers. IMO there is more risk in not taking a shot with a QB than trying to play it safe

Reerun_KC
01-08-2013, 02:13 PM

and like I said to begin with, I agree that we need a QB very badly. I'm just glad we have someone in charge that can recognize QB talent and won't be afraid to look elsewhere with the first pick if he doesn't deem the talent level at the position worth of the no. 1 pick overall.

Thankfully fans like you are why the Chiefs do not feel compelled to win a superbowl...

ChiefGator
01-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Good. We want more excellent talent at the top of the draft, in case Reid isn't completely sold on Geno and wants to trade down a few spots to grab a different QB. The more good non-QB talent at the top of the draft, the better for the Chiefs.

tyton75
01-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Are you ****ing with us or something?

Look how long you've been part of this board.....Have you learned nothing?

yeah.. I've learned that we have 52 players on this team and the majority of them are crap. I've also learned that when a franchise falls in love with one player they end up with Jamarcus Russell.

I'm really starting to believe that if the actual Willie Roaf and the actual Christian Ponder were in the draft. This board would crucify anyone who would say to pick Roaf.

Just seems to be QB or bust.

BTW... from Andy Reid's comments in the PC... seems that he isn't sold on a QB at no.1 this year either.

However, if we do take a QB with the first pick. I will be very happy.

Buckweath
01-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Draft him and move Albert to LG!

DJ's left nut
01-08-2013, 02:16 PM

You're blasted for offering nothing to substantiate things like:

"Joekel is the best OT prospect in 10 years" and "He's the next Willie Roaf".

Offer some substance and I'll respond in kind. All you've done is offer your spin on a tired debate without any facts to back it. As maqe has noted - many of us are tired of the double standard being applied to prospects at 'lesser' positions. If you draft Joekel, he's a surefire HOFer whereas if you draft a QB, he's the next Ryan Leaf.

It's just dumb and ultimately it's nothing more than a by-product of A) People in KC have had this anti-QB bias beaten into them and B) The unrealistic and wholly inaccurate assumption that you only take a QB at #1 overall when Andrew Luck is sitting there.

That's why you got blasted. Not because of your opinion, but because your opinion is the same re-packaged, ill-informed, wrong-headed tripe that we've heard for years.

AussieChiefsFan
01-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Draft him and move Albert to LG!I also saw this on facebook :banghead:

DJ's left nut
01-08-2013, 02:20 PM
I also saw this on facebook :banghead:

JOEKELYTES UNITE!!!!

The 'Albert to G' stuff started even sooner than I thought...

Because I'm sure a guy that was in the top 1/2 of the league at the highest paid O-line position in football is just dying to switch to a lower paid position in as a FA. Seems like a savvy career move, doesn't it?

People are idiots.

J Diddy
01-08-2013, 02:24 PM

Offer some substance and I'll respond in kind. All you've done is offer your spin on a tired debate without any facts to back it. As maqe has noted - many of us are tired of the double standard being applied to prospects at 'lesser' positions. If you draft Joekel, he's a surefire HOFer whereas if you draft a QB, he's the next Ryan Leaf.

It's just dumb and ultimately it's nothing more than a by-product of A) People in KC have had this anti-QB bias beaten into them and B) The unrealistic and wholly inaccurate assumption that you only take a QB at #1 overall when Andrew Luck is sitting there.

That's why you got blasted. Not because of your opinion, but because your opinion is the same re-packaged, ill-informed, wrong-headed tripe that we've heard for years.

Here's a spin: You take the person at one that you feel will contribute more to your organization over a longer time span. I'm not convinced Geno is it. However, I, nor anybody outside of the Chiefs organization, make that call.

Ironically, I think if the Chiefs would have won a couple of more games and had a lower draft spot in the first the same things would have happened and we probably would draft a quarterback.

This place is going to epic meltdown status on draft day because I don't think Geno is in the cards.

tyton75
01-08-2013, 02:27 PM

I can totally understand where you are coming from. You are right, I have nothing but what I heard on the radio stating that some think he's the best OT prospect in 10 years.

But you have to agree that this is a very DOWN QB year.
-Everyone is charging ahead for Geno solely based on his big numbers early in the season.
Barkley was so/so and got hurt.

Assuming those are the 2 best options for the 1st pick at QB. They just both appear to be "Christian Ponder" to me. Game managers at best.

Just NOT the type of players you take with the overall no. 1 pick if there is a stunning player at a different position. Like a Jarvis Jones type guy who can really be a game changer.

We are not going to be able to turn this all around in 1 season, I'm sorry. We need talent.

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2013, 02:29 PM

Bunch of fucking horseshit.

DTLB58
01-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Good. We want more excellent talent at the top of the draft, in case Reid isn't completely sold on Geno and wants to trade down a few spots to grab a different QB. The more good non-QB talent at the top of the draft, the better for the Chiefs.

Get ready for it. His history shows he drafts OL and DL usually in the 1st rd.

ILChief
01-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Luke Joeckel the best OT to come out in 10 years?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Joe Thomas, jake long, and Matt Kalil were all the best LT in ten years yet they've all been drafted in the last ten years

mr. tegu
01-08-2013, 02:32 PM
I can totally understand where you are coming from. You are right, I have nothing but what I heard on the radio stating that some think he's the best OT prospect in 10 years.

-Everyone is charging ahead for Geno solely based on his big numbers early in the season.

Assuming those are the 2 best options for the 1st pick at QB. They just both appear to be "Christian Ponder" to me. Game managers at best.

Just NOT the type of players you take with the overall no. 1 pick if there is a stunning player at a different position. Like a Jarvis Jones type guy who can really be a game changer.

We are not going to be able to turn this all around in 1 season, I'm sorry. We need talent.

This won't end very well...

BigMeatballDave
01-08-2013, 02:32 PM
NO

tyton75
01-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Bunch of ****ing horseshit.

lol.. Really? If its such horseshit, how does Colin Klein make it as a Heisman finalist and your God Geno doesn't?

This QB class is SO good that a Freshman QB won just about every major QB award.

Lets forget about the fact that we could potentially lose Brandon Albert and Dwayne Bowe, giving us 2 major holes to fill. Not to mention that we have NOTHING on the other side of Brandon Flowers.

MEDIOCRE college QB or BUST!!!

tyton75
01-08-2013, 02:34 PM
btw.. this is fun! lol

AussieChiefsFan
NOIn a word. This.

WildTurkey

Mostly due to him drafting McNabb and being set at the QB spot for most of his tenure

mr. tegu

I am sure that has nothing to do with having McNabb for 10 years and not needing to consider drafting a QB...:rolleyes:

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2013, 02:35 PM
lol.. Really? If its such horseshit, how does Colin Klein make it as a Heisman finalist and your God Geno doesn't?

This QB class is SO good that a Freshman QB won just about every major QB award.

Lets forget about the fact that we could potentially lose Brandon Albert and Dwayne Bowe, giving us 2 major holes to fill. Not to mention that we have NOTHING on the other side of Brandon Flowers.

You really should just shoot yourself and save everybody the trouble because you are fucking stupid.

RealSNR
01-08-2013, 02:35 PM
True Fanz List of Non QBs to Pimp So We Can Avoid Having to Draft a QB at #1

Manti Te'o
Jarvis Jones
Luke Joeckel
Taylor Lewan
Bjoern Werner
Damontre Moore

Almost there, guys. We're almost done with the excuses from these idiot true fans.

Once Albert gets a new contract, they'll back away from Joeckel and Lewan and any other dumbshit tackle they want.

It will be down to Werner and Moore, and I think there we can point to the new defense we'll run coupled with ZERO need behind Hali and Houston.

It won't be long now, fellas. The tards will shut the fuck up soon.

AussieChiefsFan
01-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Jarvis Jones hype is over?

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 02:36 PM

Derrick Thomas...

with spinal stenosis...

ptlyon
01-08-2013, 02:37 PM

Oh shiiiiiiit, now you've done it

RealSNR
01-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Jarvis Jones hype is over?

Spinal stenosis. I'm not even going to type out coherent posts if a true fan pimps Jarvis Jones.

I'll just say "spinal stenosis." That's it. He might reply with "Oh, does that mean he's never going to be good?" and I'll reply to that with "spinal stenosis."

That should do the trick. I encourage you to do the same.

AussieChiefsFan
01-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Spinal stenosis. I'm not even going to type out coherent posts if a true fan pimps Jarvis Jones.

I'll just say "spinal stenosis." That's it. He might reply with "Oh, does that mean he's never going to be good?" and I'll reply to that with "spinal stenosis."

That should do the trick. I encourage you to do the same.Fair enough.

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 02:40 PM
yeah.. I've learned that we have 52 players on this team and the majority of them are crap. I've also learned that when a franchise falls in love with one player they end up with Jamarcus Russell.

It wasn't just one team.

One well-known TV analyst said Jamarcus Russell was the biggest raw talent he'd EVER seen and was the best QB prospect since John Elway. That same analyst says there aren't any QBs in this draft worthy of the #1 pick. :hmmm:

I'm really starting to believe that if the actual Willie Roaf and the actual Christian Ponder were in the draft. This board would crucify anyone who would say to pick Roaf.

Well you'd be wrong.

Just seems to be QB or bust.

30 years of failure will do that to a fan. We've tried EVERY method to get a QB EXCEPT drafting one in the 1st round. That's the only method we haven't tried.

BTW... from Andy Reid's comments in the PC... seems that he isn't sold on a QB at no.1 this year either.

Andy Reid isn't sold on ANYTHING yet. He just started. He said HE HASN'T LOOKED AT IT YET.

the Talking Can
i can't take it

first caller into 810 says, "let's draft that tackle jockey with the #1 pick..."

Beef Supreme
Is it possible for the walrus to not draft a QB with the first pick and still address the gaping hole we have behind the center? Sure.

But trading for Alex ****ing Smith isn't going to cut it. So he better have some magic ****ing beans if he drafts anything but a QB with the first pick.

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2013, 02:41 PM

That should do the trick. I encourage you to do the same.

I can't believe that a team would draft him in the first round. The dude's career could be over after any play.

I doubt he'll pass many team physicals.

WildTurkey

I didn't know that post season awards were the benchmark for a QB prospect. That Eric Crouch was sure a great pro QB as were Danny Wuerfull and Gino Toretta smh

mr. tegu
i can't take it

first caller into 810 says, "let's draft that tackle jockey with the #1 pick..."

And the response by the radio guys?

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 02:43 PM

This is a better QB year than 2010 AND 2011. It's easily on par with 2009 when Stafford went #1 overall.

The ONLY reason people are saying this is because they can see Luck and RG3 in their rear view mirror.

the Talking Can
And the response by the radio guys?

KK said "drafting LT's has worked for us for years..."

KK saw the light on QB...he is on board

the caller thinks Wilson will be there in the 2nd...so let's make sure we draft OL, it's more important!

tyton75
You really should just shoot yourself and save everybody the trouble because you are ****ing stupid.

If I'm so stupid, could you tell me why Geno is so great? I know I hadn't even heard of him before this year.

All I really know about him is that he is 6'3" around 210lbs and throws kinda funny.

My greatest hope is that he is a McNabb clone if we do draft him, but I'm just not seeing that he is that good against good competition.

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 02:44 PM
i can't take it

Well to be fair the caller said we should take Tyler Wilson...

IN THE SECOND ROUND.

People in Kansas City just have no concept of how much a QB is worth.

WildTurkey
01-08-2013, 02:45 PM
If I'm so stupid, could you tell me why Geno is so great? I know I hadn't even heard of him before this year.

All I really know about him is that he is 6'3" around 210lbs and throws kinda funny.

My greatest hope is that he is a McNabb clone if we do draft him, but I'm just not seeing that he is that good against good competition.

He doesn't throw funny at all. He easily has the best natural throwing motion in the draft.

tyton75
01-08-2013, 02:46 PM
This is a better QB year than 2010 AND 2011. It's easily on par with 2009 when Stafford went #1 overall.

The ONLY reason people are saying this is because they can see Luck and RG3 in their rear view mirror.

Good point. I remember thinking Stafford was a reach at #1 and that was clearly wrong. He's a very good Pro QB.

I really hope I'm wrong here and Geno is awesome and everyone on CP can drop their load all over themselves.

But considering this was a Luke Joekel thread, I thought I would try to talk about what a good OT he is and how it might be a good idea to consider it.

DJ's left nut
01-08-2013, 02:47 PM

No I don't.

This year's QB class is extremely deep, actually. Even after Murray stayed in, I think you'll get 3 decent QBs from this class. Smith, Wilson, Barkley, Bray, Glennon, Jones and Manuel all have a lot of strengths.

Barkley will be a successful starter in this league; a Matt Schaub type of QB. He just doesn't have a massive upside to him so I don't love him as a first rounder. Bray has skills that rival Matt Stafford's. Smith has the best touch I've seen in the draft since Bradford but he's healthier, more mobile and with a stronger arm than Bradford had. Wilson has a gamblers mentality and a willingness to attack downfield with the arm to do it. Manuel has a protype build and an absolute cannon and some mobility thrown in. Jones and Glennon both have the tall, strong-armed, pocket passer thing going for them.

There are going to be good QBs that come out of this draft and perhaps even 1 or 2 extremely good ones.

Compare this QB draft to any other QB draft over the last decade and it does extremely well except for 03 (Ben, Eli and Rivers) and last season's.

This idea that this year's QB class is a bad class is just inaccurate. Moreover, next year's class is going to be even worse.

So no, I don't have to agree that this is a down year for QBs. In face, I believe it is, at worst, a slightly above average QB draft.

tyton75
01-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Well to be fair the caller said we should take Tyler Wilson...

IN THE SECOND ROUND.

People in Kansas City just have no concept of how much a QB is worth.

Possibly and I also think that a lot of people, including me, are pissed off that we passed on Russel Wilson. I REALLY wanted him!

KC_Lee
01-08-2013, 02:48 PM
I didn't know that post season awards were the benchmark for a QB prospect. That Eric Crouch was sure a great pro QB as were Danny Wuerfull and Gino Toretta smh

Or Charlie Ward.

WildTurkey
01-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Or Charlie Ward.

He was a hell of a pro..............................

In the NBA

tyton75
01-08-2013, 02:49 PM
No I don't.

This year's QB class is extremely deep, actually. Even after Murray stayed in, I think you'll get 3 decent QBs from this class. Smith, Wilson, Barkley, Bray, Glennon, Jones and Manuel all have a lot of strengths.

Barkley will be a successful starter in this league; a Matt Schaub type of QB. He just doesn't have a massive upside to him so I don't love him as a first rounder. Bray has skills that rival Matt Stafford's. Smith has the best touch I've seen in the draft since Bradford but he's healthier, more mobile and with a stronger arm than Bradford had. Wilson has a gamblers mentality and a willingness to attack downfield with the arm to do it. Manuel has a protype build and an absolute cannon and some mobility thrown in. Jones and Glennon both have the tall, strong-armed, pocket passer thing going for them.

There are going to be good QBs that come out of this draft and perhaps even 1 or 2 extremely good ones.

Compare this QB draft to any other QB draft over the last decade and it does extremely well except for 03 (Ben, Eli and Rivers) and last season's.

This idea that this year's QB class is a bad class is just inaccurate. Moreover, next year's class is going to be even worse.

So no, I don't have to agree that this is a down year for QBs. In face, I believe it is, at worst, a slightly above average QB draft.

I sincerely hope you are correct.

the Talking Can
01-08-2013, 02:49 PM
and the next caller wants to keep cassel on the roster...."he threw 27tds...."

and then tries to argue that Tackle is most important to draft, and literally said - i'm not joking - "Isn't it about time a tackle came through for us?"

and now he wants chase daniels...

I AM NOT KIDDING...this must be a prank by someone on this board

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Or Charlie Ward.

Charlie Ward probably would have been a damn good quarterback if he didn't chose the NBA instead. Ironically King Carl had a big chubby over Ward and wanted to draft him in the first round in 1994, even called him during the season to change his mind.

WildTurkey
01-08-2013, 02:50 PM
I can't believe that a team would draft him in the first round. The dude's career could be over after any play.

I doubt he'll pass many team physicals.

It's the only reason he's even at Georgia. USC dumped him due to the spinal stenosis if I recall correctly

Bewbies
01-08-2013, 02:52 PM
The only QB's good enough to be drafted by the Chiefs are QB's we can't pick.

Stafford? Not good enough until we were sure we wouldn't get the #1 pick.
Ryan? Not until he was already drafted by ATL and playing well.
RG3? No way, until WAS moved into the 2 slot and he became one of the best prospects ever.

With the #1 pick this year it's a certainty that no QB is worth our pick.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Joeckel is a better prospect than Jake Long. No question. But can't go OT here. Just can't.

ModSocks

Alright, imma tackle this one.

1. No, people aren't in love with Geno because of his numbers. So False. Most people here now that college numbers mean dick when evaluating a QB. People are in love with him because he has a very good physical tool set. He's an accurate passer with an outstanding release. He's athletic and mobile, has shown the ability to go through his progressions. That statement you made reeks of ignorance, ignorance that is spreading like a disease among Chiefs fans.

2. EVERY year aside from last year has been a "down" year for QB's. Aside form 2012, it's been the same shit every year, i'd think you knew by now. Around this time every year, aside from last of course, the "there is no QB worthy of #1" argument has been made.

3. You gotta stop listening to the damn talking heads. I GUARANTEE their opinions will change as draft day gets closer. You gotta use your own eyes. If you look at Geno Smith's cut ups and tell me all you see is a game manager, then i suggest you get your eyes checked.

WildTurkey
The only QB's good enough to be drafted by the Chiefs are QB's we can't pick.

Stafford? Not good enough until we were sure we wouldn't get the #1 pick.
Ryan? Not until he was already drafted by ATL and playing well.
RG3? No way, until WAS moved into the 2 slot and he became one of the best prospects ever.

With the #1 pick this year it's a certainty that no QB is worth our pick.

This. Same thing every draft

Deberg_1990
01-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Charlie Ward probably would have been a damn good quarterback if he didn't chose the NBA instead. Ironically King Carl had a big chubby over Ward and wanted to draft him in the first round in 1994, even called him during the season to change his mind.

Charlie Ward was just a few decades ahead of his time. Look at the types of QBs everyone wants now. If he played at Florida State today he would be a highly sout after prospect.

WildTurkey
01-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Charlie Ward was just a few decades ahead of his time. Look at the types of QBs everyone wants now. If he played at Florida State today he would be a highly sout after prospect.

This. He was an RG 3 type player in the era of the pocket passer

ModSocks
01-08-2013, 02:56 PM

Tebow won a Heisman.

What's your point?

And IF we lose Albert.....well.....we just used a 3rd Round Pick on his replacement. What would you rather have, a 3rd round LT or a 3rd round QB? Pretty simple answer for me.

tyton75
01-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Well, guess its good to know that we don't have to send our scouts out to look at any 1st round talent. We already have the pick sown up in January.

*poking the bear is fun

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Joeckel is a better prospect than Jake Long. No question. But can't go OT here. Just can't.

Wrong.

Joeckel is VERY athletic and has excellent feet. Superb pass blocker.

He's also used to playing in spread spacing on the edge and struggles at the point of attack. Mediocre run blocker. Will struggle to adapt to NFL defenses.

Joeckel has a higher ceiling than Long. Long had a MUCH higher floor. MUCH higher.

DJ's left nut
01-08-2013, 02:59 PM

Ah...now I see the caliber of opponent I'm dealing with here.

I feel that I wasted a shitload of time with my last post. Afterall, everyone knows that college performance is clearly how one determines future success at the NFL level. Afterall, Chris Weinke, Tim Tebow, Jason White, all of those badass college QBs that ran around a lot and won Heisman's were clearly studs. Tebow winning in 2007 clearly meant that the Falcons had no business drafting Matt Ryan. The Packers clearly should've gone with Leinart over Rodgers.

Get this shit out of here. Now you're going to get blasted for being an idiot because you've proven yourself to be an idiot with 'logic' such as this.

RealSNR
01-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Well, guess its good to know that we don't have to send our scouts out to look at any 1st round talent. We already have the pick sown up in January.

*poking the bear is fun

Dumb.

RealSNR
01-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Your decision to be a fan, tyton.

01-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Wrong.

Joeckel is VERY athletic and has excellent feet. Superb pass blocker.

He's also used to playing in spread spacing on the edge and struggles at the point of attack. Mediocre run blocker. Will struggle to adapt to NFL defenses.

Joeckel has a higher ceiling than Long. Long had a MUCH higher floor. MUCH higher.

He played one year in the "spread" offense. He's only a mediocre run blocker because he is white and baby-faced. You're wrong.

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 03:05 PM
He played one year in the "spread" offense. He's only a mediocre run blocker because he is white and baby-faced. You're wrong.

You an A&M fan, are ya?

I suppose you think he's the best LT prospect in the last decade too, right?

He played in a pro-style offense last year and was anything but "dominant".

01-08-2013, 03:06 PM
You an A&M fan, are ya?

Actually he was. And he's kept Matthews on the right side for a reason. I am an ATM fan, but I don't think Im a homer. Don't really like Porter as a prospect and I think Moore is overrated by many as a pass rusher--though I still think he will be a damn good player

01-08-2013, 03:09 PM
And Im not really sure who I would put ahead of Joeckel. So maybe. At least top 3.

tyton75
01-08-2013, 03:14 PM

I feel that I wasted a shitload of time with my last post. Afterall, everyone knows that college performance is clearly how one determines future success at the NFL level. Afterall, Chris Weinke, Tim Tebow, Jason White, all of those badass college QBs that ran around a lot and won Heisman's were clearly studs. Tebow winning in 2007 clearly meant that the Falcons had no business drafting Matt Ryan. The Packers clearly should've gone with Leinart over Rodgers.

Get this shit out of here. Now you're going to get blasted for being an idiot because you've proven yourself to be an idiot with 'logic' such as this.

Oh, I know the record of Heismans not projecting to the NFL. My point was that its basically turning into the best QB in the country award, and the top guys for the draft weren't in the conversation.

When McNabb was selected by Philly, he was a finalist. Just making some comparisons that worry me.

01-08-2013, 03:16 PM
You an A&M fan, are ya?

He also turned 20 in Novemeber of that year. Though you are still misinformed. Every A&M fan knew what they had coming into this year.

HemiEd
01-08-2013, 03:17 PM
That happens to us, Cleveland, and Buffalo all the time.

Unsexy cities. Unremarkable teams. Boring. Subconsciously they want to see great draft picks paired up with teams that would look really hot with them. They don't want to mock any of the good ones to us.

Tackles, guards, DTs, and MLBs oh my!

Well since Carl Peterson and Marty took over, that is predominately what they have done, pick the fatties in the first.

Mi_chief_fan
01-08-2013, 03:20 PM

Danny Wuerffel. Don't forget Danny Wuerffel. And Eric Crouch.

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 03:29 PM
He also turned 20 in Novemeber of that year. Though you are still misinformed. Every A&M fan knew what they had coming into this year.

Luke Joeckel = Jason Smith.

tyton75
01-08-2013, 03:30 PM

Geno Smith = Christian Ponder

see, I can do that too

01-08-2013, 03:30 PM

hahahahaha idiot

01-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Luke Joeckel is an injury-prone, one year wonder who converted from TE. Fucking dumbass

HemiEd
01-08-2013, 03:37 PM

Good to see you posting tyton75, it has been a while.

What does the Heisman have to do with anything, anything at all? The Heisman is about winning College games, no matter how, not about who is the best pro prospect.

This team needs a QB with the God given talent that can be developed into an NFL franchise Qb, and it has been a very long time since one has worn a Chiefs uniform.

Pocket presence, pocket awareness, arm strength, intelligence, leadership, timing, size etc. in one player.

They have the first pick, and they need to pick the guy that most fits that criteria, and most on here think it is Geno Smith. I personally haven't watched enough of his play to have an accurate opinion on him, but I value the opinion of some of the dedicated College followers on her.

Bottom line, this team is out of time when it comes to getting a Qb to develop and they need to just do it.

The_Doctor10
01-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Look at the remaining teams in the playoffs. The majority of the teams are built around a QB not a LT.

Who in the playoffs is built around an OT not a QB?

Ravens? No
Broncos? No
Patriots? No
Texans? No
Seahawks? No
Falcons? No
Packers? No
SF? No

Now, what is the ONLY thing holding back some of these teams from being Super Bowl favorites?

Ding Ding Ding! Quarterback play. Take the goddamn QB (Not ranting at you specifically Turkey)

HemiEd
01-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Oh, I know the record of Heismans not projecting to the NFL. My point was that its basically turning into the best QB in the country award, and the top guys for the draft weren't in the conversation.

When McNabb was selected by Philly, he was a finalist. Just making some comparisons that worry me.

Really? Who came in second in the Heisman voting this year? Not a Qb.

tyton75
01-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Good to see you posting tyton75, it has been a while.

What does the Heisman have to do with anything, anything at all? The Heisman is about winning College games, no matter how, not about who is the best pro prospect.

This team needs a QB with the God given talent that can be developed into an NFL franchise Qb, and it has been a very long time since one has worn a Chiefs uniform.

Pocket presence, pocket awareness, arm strength, intelligence, leadership, timing, size etc. in one player.

They have the first pick, and they need to pick the guy that most fits that criteria, and most on here think it is Geno Smith. I personally haven't watched enough of his play to have an accurate opinion on him, but I value the opinion of some of the dedicated College followers on her.

Bottom line, this team is out of time when it comes to getting a Qb to develop and they need to just do it.

I'm completely with you, the worry I have is that the best QB available isn't a franchise type QB(and I hope I'm wrong) but I just don't want them getting tunnel vision on one guy simply because he has QB in front of his name on the roster.

Hell, I would like us to take 2 QB's in the draft if the talent is there. If this kid is as good as I have heard, then it might be a worthwhile pick and then take QB with 2nd and 3rd round. And Obviously, I could be completely wrong too.

:)

mr. tegu
01-08-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm completely with you, the worry I have is that the best QB available isn't a franchise type QB(and I hope I'm wrong) but I just don't want them getting tunnel vision on one guy simply because he has QB in front of his name on the roster.

Hell, I would like us to take 2 QB's in the draft if the talent is there. If this kid is as good as I have heard, then it might be a worthwhile pick and then take QB with 2nd and 3rd round. And Obviously, I could be completely wrong too.

You are missing the point. You can't just write it off and say "simply because he has QB.." like that is some kind of non important factor. Our position of most desperate need is QB. The fact that we have the number one pick and our choice of the litter dictates we identify who we want and take him. Don't screw around! And yes, it IS because they have the Q and B in front of their name that we take whoever it turns out to be.

There will always be a worry as to whether a QB is a potential franchise guy. Outside of last year there has never been such little worry to that effect.

WildTurkey
01-08-2013, 03:58 PM

Ravens? No
Broncos? No
Patriots? No
Texans? No
Seahawks? No
Falcons? No
Packers? No
SF? No

Now, what is the ONLY thing holding back some of these teams from being Super Bowl favorites?

Ding Ding Ding! Quarterback play. Take the goddamn QB (Not ranting at you specifically Turkey)

Yep.. The texans and the 49ers are not built around the QB but in turn the QB position is the thing holding those two teams back

HemiEd
01-08-2013, 03:59 PM

See, that is where we disagree. I want them to draft a QB #1 this year no matter what. Then if it fails, do it again until they get one that can get them where they want to go.

Just look at the recent extremely high picks, #3 overall TJ, most would prefer to let him walk. #5 overall, Glen Dorsey, pretty much the same story, he hasn't fit.

To take two in the draft is a head scratcher for me, but it is a thought, the Skins were so committed that they did it.

Heck the Chiefs have one on the roster now that hasn't taken a regular season snap in three years on the team. Too many coaches worried more about their job more than the team.

Molitoth
01-08-2013, 04:09 PM

Instead of spending time arguing here and "hoping you are wrong", just go out to Youtube and you can pretty much watch all the games from the QB's in this draft.

For Geno Smith, you can watch every game this season, cut up into only his passing attempts... even the incompletions.

For Tyler Wilson there is plenty of film from 2011,2012 to see how much potential he has.

Plenty of video on Barkley as well.

Judge for yourself and quit listening to others.

O.city
01-08-2013, 04:16 PM
He's no Jonathan Ogden, pass.

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2013, 04:19 PM

Ravens? No
Broncos? No
Patriots? No
Texans? No
Seahawks? No
Falcons? No
Packers? No
SF? No

Sorry, this is a lame argument. Every one of those teams have a first round left tackle, with Denver and Seattle spending the #5 and #6 overall. They also had the LT in place before they found their QB.

Atlanta moved into the first round for Sam Baker the same year they took Ryan, the Ravens drafted Oher one year after Flacco (with mixed results) and the Packers and Patriots have spent first rounders in the past two years on LT's.

The reality is that BOTH positions are extremely important. Fortunately, the Chiefs have Albert and don't need both an LT and QB.

RealSNR
01-08-2013, 04:20 PM
He's no Jonathan Ogden, pass.

You are in top form lately, O.city

duncan_idaho
01-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Instead of spending time arguing here and "hoping you are wrong", just go out to Youtube and you can pretty much watch all the games from the QB's in this draft.

For Geno Smith, you can watch every game this season, cut up into only his passing attempts... even the incompletions.

For Tyler Wilson there is plenty of film from 2011,2012 to see how much potential he has.

This is a great suggestion. I did this on Geno, Wilson, Barkley and Glennon.

It has placed me solidly in the Geno camp.

ChiefRocka
01-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Good quarterbacks make their Oline look better. Luke is a product of Tannehill and Mr. Johnny Fever

RealSNR
01-08-2013, 04:25 PM

Waaaaaahhh I did this and I didn't see any Andrew Lucks! Why does fate hate the Chiefs? Waaaaaaaaahhhh! /TEX

RunKC
01-08-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm not advocating that we take an OT over QB, but this point needs to be said.

Duane Brown is much better in the LT ranks than Matt Schaub is at the QB position. The same thing applies for Joe Staley and either Niners QB.

Those were bad examples.

O.city
01-08-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm not advocating that we take an OT over QB, but this point needs to be said.

Duane Brown is much better in the LT ranks than Matt Schaub is at the QB position. The same thing applies for Joe Staley and either Niners QB.

Those were bad examples.

Yet Brown wasn't hurt last year during the playoffs.

But yes, they are probably better. But it still doesn't matter.

I'm not sure why you are going to every length to argue against drafting a QB first overall?

I mean that's 95% going to happen at this point, it's just a matter of which one.

RunKC
01-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Yet Brown wasn't hurt last year during the playoffs.

But yes, they are probably better. But it still doesn't matter.

I'm not sure why you are going to every length to argue against drafting a QB first overall?

I mean that's 95% going to happen at this point, it's just a matter of which one.

I actually used this to support us drafting a QB at 1.

Matt Schaub is clearly holding the Texans back and I don't think Kaepernick will outperform Aaron Rodgers.

Can you imagine if Peyton chose the 49ers over the Broncos? They might be 16-0 right now.

O.city
01-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I don't really get that move. The Broncos are good, but the 9ers with Manning>the Broncos with Manning.

redsurfer11
01-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
Texas A&M LT Luke Joeckel is skipping his SR yr to enter NFL draft, per source as initially reported by @billyliucci
Retweeted by Matt Miller
Expand

If Joeckel grades out to be the top prospect in this draft. Turn in the card.

Red Dawg
01-08-2013, 05:17 PM

Forget the other positions? QB IS THE ONLY POSITION THAT MATTERS FOR US THIS YEAR!

DJ's left nut
01-08-2013, 05:19 PM
If Joeckel grades out to be the top prospect in this draft. Turn in the card.

Good call.

Let's make sure we draft this guy so we can let one of our few established young starters walk.

I love this plan. Let's use the most valuable pick this franchise has ever had to provide, at best, a marginal improvement on the guy we had during a season when we went 2-14.

How does this not sound like a god-awful idea to more people?

duncan_idaho
01-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Good call.

Let's make sure we draft this guy so we can let one of our few established young starters walk.

I love this plan. Let's use the most valuable pick this franchise has ever had to provide, at best, a marginal improvement on the guy we had during a season when we went 2-14.

How does this not sound like a god-awful idea to more people?

Martyball leftovers?

Fear?

Not doing the homework on Geno Smith (or even Tyler Wilson) and listening to much to the talking heads on ESPN? (Who don't know shit, especially at this point?)

I'll go with the last one.

DaWolf
01-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Reminder: A player being ranked No. 1 overall doesn't mean the #Chiefs will or should take him. Rankings aren't mock drafts.

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Luke Joeckel is an injury-prone, one year wonder who converted from TE. Fucking dumbass

Hyperbole is great, isn't it?

I took lessons from you.

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Reminder: A player being ranked No. 1 overall doesn't mean the #Chiefs will or should take him. Rankings aren't mock drafts.

Matt Miller has said several times on WHB that the Chiefs should take Geno, FWIW.

The Franchise
01-08-2013, 05:28 PM
A good majority of this fan base is beyond fucking retarded.

Strongside
Last years number one pick's last name was Luck. Clearly he's brought that to the Colts.

Some people want us to draft a guy whose last name has the sound of the word 'joke' in it. That's exactly what the pick would be. A fucking joke.

Pasta Little Brioni
Good for him. He can stay the fuck away from KC.

DeezNutz
01-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Get our LT, move Albert over to guard, and our line is in place. People have long argued the need to get the line right before drafting the QB.

(ducks)

mr. tegu
01-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Last years number one pick's last name was Luck. Clearly he's brought that to the Colts.

Some people want us to draft a guy whose last name has the sound of the word 'joke' in it. That's exactly what the pick would be. A ****ing joke.

LMAO

HolyHat
01-08-2013, 05:33 PM
A good majority of this fan base is beyond ****ing retarded.

Indeed. Who's Joeckel going to protect? Ricky Stanzi? Fuck Joeckel, This would be who Peehole picked if he was here.

htismaqe
01-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Indeed. Who's Joeckel going to protect? Ricky Stanzi? Fuck Joeckel, This would be who Peehole picked if he was here.

Alex Smith, of course.

Strongside
01-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Alex Smith, of course.

No way, man. Jason Campbell, duh.

HolyHat
01-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Alex Smith, of course.

yes, of course.

HolyHat
01-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Maybe we could get Jason Cambell, Alex Smith, Matt Hasslebeck and Trent Edwards in here to fight it out like men?

Strongside
01-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Maybe we could get Jason Cambell, Alex Smith, Matt Hasslebeck and Trent Edwards in here to fight it out like men?

Until Geno shows up and throws a football straight through their abdomens. There would be a small amount of heart everywhere.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-08-2013, 05:42 PM

I thought we were drafting Campbell Jr. Number 1 overall

RunKC
01-08-2013, 06:07 PM
You guys weren't kidding. :doh!:

Lil_Juice_ ‏@Lil_Juice_
@bobfescoe Please join the growing group of season ticket holders that are pushing for KC to take Luke Joeckel fromA&M #1 overall.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-08-2013, 06:12 PM
You've got to be fucking kidding me. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

Bewbies
01-08-2013, 07:04 PM

Lil_Juice_ ‏@Lil_Juice_
@bobfescoe Please join the growing group of season ticket holders that are pushing for KC to take Luke Joeckel fromA&M #1 overall.

Dude just got outed as a moron to my 6,200 followers. Bunch of his true fan brethren did too...

Bewbies
01-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Twitter is so awesome. Now I've got a true fan telling me Miami did the right thing taking Jake Long over Matt Ryan. LMAO

buddha
01-08-2013, 08:56 PM
There was a caller the other day who argued we should trade the #1 overall pick for Cousins... :shake:

Nobody would do that, but I would consider a second round pick.

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2013, 09:00 PM

No fucking way the Chiefs give up #34 overall for Kirk Cousins

RealSNR
01-08-2013, 09:01 PM

Lil_Juice_ ‏@Lil_Juice_

I don't know who most of these KC sports personalities are, but I recognize Fescoe's name.

Good Christ. I want to mail anthrax to his house. That shit makes my blood boil

RealSNR
01-08-2013, 09:02 PM

I would have sex with your mom for a second round pick.

HemiEd
01-08-2013, 09:15 PM
No ****ing way the Chiefs give up #34 overall for Kirk Cousins
Matt Cassel

Deberg_1990
12-18-2014, 07:47 PM
He looks solid tonight!

Pasta Little Brioni
12-18-2014, 07:54 PM
You dig up some wacky shit de berg

TribalElder
12-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Thread bump of the year

Reerun_KC
12-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Franchise fail

RealSNR
12-18-2014, 08:01 PM
I don't fucking care if Luke Joeckel makes Willie Roaf look like Mike McGlynn trying to play LT.

Fuck him and fuck drafting him that year. The pride in not taking this fat fuck is worth the price of suffering with Fisher.

notorious
12-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Fuck you cock-swindlers for giving the NFL ratings on a Thursday night game.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Joeckel! Joeckel! Joeckel!

Eleazar
12-18-2014, 10:14 PM
He's pretty good.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2014, 10:18 PM
I don't care enough to watch the game. Is he actually playing well?

The Mayor
12-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Are you fucking crazy? He's been terrible.

DaneMcCloud
12-19-2014, 01:09 AM
The 2013 draft talent was pool. Maybe worse than 2009.

Fisher was a better selection than 26+ guys in the first round.

smith11
12-19-2014, 01:54 AM
so would chiefs be better if they took joeckel intead of fisher?

Eleazar
12-19-2014, 04:44 AM
I don't care enough to watch the game. Is he actually playing well?

He's been playing fairly well but he is bothered by nagging injuries a lot.

Jimmya
12-19-2014, 05:35 AM
Some of you need to eat crow and just admit that Fisher is a bust for a #1 pick. Brian Billick "the kid has not lived up to his pro day hype"

Gravedigger
12-19-2014, 05:54 AM
Some of you need to eat crow and just admit that Fisher is a bust for a #1 pick. Brian Billick "the kid has not lived up to his pro day hype"

Nobody in that top 5 was worth a shit.

ILChief
12-19-2014, 06:01 AM
so would chiefs be better if they took joeckel intead of fisher?

About the same

Eleazar
12-19-2014, 09:06 AM
Are you ****ing crazy? He's been terrible.

He is much better in pass blocking, but I think even doing that well on a team with an anemic offense overall and with no rushing attack whatsoever speaks to his ability. Their feature back is a gadget player who went on IR 2 months ago, and if you take out Bortles' rushing yards they'd probably be dead last across the board on offense.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-19-2014, 10:21 AM
The 2013 draft talent was pool. Maybe worse than 2009.

Fisher was a better selection than 26+ guys in the first round.

Sheldon Richardson, Bjorn Werner, Kenny Vaccaro, Star Lotulelei, Eric Reid, Kyle Long, Lane Johnson, Ziggy Ansah, Sharif Floyd, DeAndre Hopkins, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant, Travis Frederick, and Alec Ogletree have all outplayed Fisher by a comfortable margin.

There are several other players who have played to a similar (arguably better) level---guys like Mingo, Tavon Austin, Cordarelle Patterson, Jarvis Jones, Datone Jones, and Sylvester Williams.

You'd have to grade Fisher pretty favorably to find 26 guys in the first round that haven't been as good or better.

Jimmya
12-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Agree with Hamas 10000%