PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft ***RYAN NASSIB***

Mr_Tomahawk
01-09-2013, 09:39 PM
...because Reid isn't going to "reach" for a QB in the 1st.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013/01/ryan-nassib-nfl-draft-scouting-report/#more-4407

Prospect: Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse Orange
Height: 6’2
Weight: 228 lbs.
Grade: 6.9 (Grading Scale)

Scouting Report

Athleticism:
+Underrated as an athlete, has the ability to tuck the ball and pick up first downs or get into the endzone
+Thick build, he can take a hit and get back up
+Moves well in the pocket, is able to side step and climb the pocket to avoid the pass rush
+Balanced in his movements, though he does not always reset his feet when trying to make a throw
-Listed at 6’2, and will need to measure out at that height for fear of dealing with the dreaded height questions that have plagued so many QB’s

Arm Talent:
+Has a very strong arm, can make any throw that a team needs him to
+Puts enough pace on the ball to push the ball to the boundary side outside the hash
+Can fit the ball into tight spaces due to his arm strength, can pick zone coverage when given the time
+Release is compact and quick, though it doesn’t always come from the same arm slot
+Will change his arm slot to fit the ball into a passing lane, this costs him little to no arm strength
-At times puts too much faith into his arm and will try and throw the ball through the defense rather than take the easy check down
-Only knows how to throw one type of pass and that’s the fast ball

Pocket Presence:
+Is more than willing to stand in the pocket and take a hit in order to deliver a pass
+Rarely drops his eye level when manuevering inside the pocket
+Good footwork to quicly move away from pressure
+Has experience dropping back from under center, working out of 3, 5, and 7 step drops
+Does well to sell the play-action fake coming away from center and turning his back to the defense

Command of Offense:
+Spent three years working under Doug Marrone and running an under center pro style offense
+Is able to get CB’s to bite on pump fakes and will look safeties off his read
+Unquestioned leader in the huddle, is one of the toughest players on the team and leads by example
+Is more than willing to put the entire offense on his shoulders
-Still developing the feel for when to check down or just throw the ball away, still believe his arm can make any play happen
-Locks on to primary read and will not progress fast enough

Overview:
No senior QB showed me more this season than Ryan Nassib, his growth and command of this team is the illustration of a what a true field general is. Nassib was a guy I wasn’t completely sold on coming into his senior year but he showed me enough tell me that he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

He needs to go to a team that has a strong offensive coordinator and QB coach who can help continue his development and help him smooth out some of his rougher edges. Nassib needs to continue to learn how to go through progressions and work on identifying the defense pre-snap so he knows what to do with the ball post-snap.

In the end Nassib gives you a QB with that classic gun slinger mentality. He’s going to make some throws that are going to put you in a position to win a game and he’s going to make some throws that could cost you a game. Up until this year you never knew which one of those throws you were going to get on any given drop back but now he’s taken that next step further and seems destined to become a starter in the NFL one day.

I’d put Nassib’s stock somewhere in the Round 2 to 3 range right now, but with the way QB’s are valued he could find himself closer to pick 32 than to pick 64.

Scouting Notes

Ryan Nassib v. Northwestern
-good size for position
-shows a clean, quick release
-hits tight end over the middle, shows nice zip
-throws on the run to the right, delivers a nice ball for big gain
-looked over his available WR to the left, delivers a strike

Ryan Nassib v. USC
- 3rd and Short- his reads are covered and backside pressure comes, runs out of the pocket, throws the ball as he is being hit right to a USC defender – Really poor decision
– Rolls out to his right has WR wide open, but doesn’t reset and misses the target high – Not a good start
– Three step drop, needs to get rid of ball, but he pump fakes and gets sacked
– Has little to no touch on short/intermediate passes, winds up like an outfielder throwing the ball and throws it as hard as he can

Ryan Nassib v. Rutgers
-Great level throw over linebackers, delivering high with velocity
-Can hold the ball too long when initial read struggles to get open
-Over-trusts first read a little long at times, needs to progress by reading DBs
-Anticipates receiver routes/breaks very well, high velocity
-Showcasing fantastic arm strength consistently
-Better than usual velocity control in the middle of the field

El Jefe
01-09-2013, 09:40 PM
No

jd1020
01-09-2013, 09:40 PM

Burn it.

WildTurkey
01-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Wouldn't be shocked if he went mid to late first.

Simplicity
01-09-2013, 09:41 PM
ewwwwwwwwwwwww. No.

DeezNutz
01-09-2013, 09:48 PM
If we won't reach for a QB in the first, we might as well reach for one in the second.

Dude sucks.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-09-2013, 09:48 PM
No. They tried to give him more responsibility early in the season and he was stinking it up. They Cassel'd him and they started winning. He's a game manager...at the college level no less. No.

Stanley Nickels
01-09-2013, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Marrone nab Nassib in the first.

WildTurkey
01-09-2013, 10:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Marrone nab Nassib in the first.

Exactly what I was thinking.. In an era where guys like Ponder go in the first it's not out of the question to see Nassib go in the first as well especially with his college coach now with the bills

duncan_idaho
01-09-2013, 10:50 PM
The same site/network has Geno Smith graded at 7.7 (which is top 10 at his position in their system).

That's a higher grade than they gave Sam Bradford. Only Andrew Luck, Robbert Griffin and Matthew Stafford have gotten better grades from them, from what I saw the other day when I was poking around over there.

buddha
01-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Nassib is good. I've only seen about three of his games, but he has a whip arm and he is very competitive.

Dante84
01-09-2013, 11:57 PM
I like him, and he reminds me of a poor man's Brees(size, pocket presence) and Favre(gunslinger, fastball, cool penis).

If Reid thinks he's the guy, I'm happy with Nasib.

KCrockaholic
01-09-2013, 11:59 PM
I can't even comprehend how there is any other option besides Geno Smith #1 overall.

DTLB58
01-10-2013, 12:07 AM
Could probably trade the #1 pick with the Syracuse Bills @ #8 if you convince them you are taking this guy. :thumb:

Get a few more picks and cross your fingers Geno is still there, or move back up and get him if you get nervous.

jd1020
01-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Could probably trade the #1 pick with the Syracuse Bills @ #8 if you convince them you are taking this guy. :thumb:

Get a few more picks and cross your fingers Geno is still there, or move back up and get him if you get nervous.

Some peoples children...

RunKC
01-10-2013, 12:12 AM
I can't even comprehend how there is any other option besides Geno Smith #1 overall.

Geno Smith at 1.
Tyler Wilson at 1.
Ryan Nassib at 2 or late 1.

Those are the options.

RunKC
01-10-2013, 12:50 AM
The same site/network has Geno Smith graded at 7.7 (which is top 10 at his position in their system).

That's a higher grade than they gave Sam Bradford. Only Andrew Luck, Robbert Griffin and Matthew Stafford have gotten better grades from them, from what I saw the other day when I was poking around over there.

Matt Barkley has the same grade at 7.7

DTLB58
01-10-2013, 01:02 AM
Some peoples children...

What you didn't like my Syracuse Bills remark? :p

Saccopoo
01-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Dude, seriously.

I know you hate black QB's and shit, but you got to stop.

Geno is really freaking good.

DTLB58
01-10-2013, 01:16 AM

Because there are Peyton Mannings and then there are Ryan Leafs.

Donovan McNabb and Tim Couch

JaMarcus Russell and Tom Brady

Nobody has a crystal ball and you can think you know as much as you like, but you truly don't know. It's a 50/50 success rate for the #1 guy overall to try to come in and be a successful Franchise QB in the NFL.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't try, I'm just saying there are no sure things. I just don't get how people get so angry and lodge personal attacks towards others if they don't agree with them on a player who is yet to play a single down in the NFL. See this site and Jimmy Clausen 2010.

Rasputin
01-10-2013, 01:17 AM
What's so hard for fans to figure out that the best available QB is going be sitting there for us to pick with our #1 pick of the draft?

We earned that pick by sucking with shit QB play. Now we got an opportunity to change our fortune like other worse teams have done with picking the best QB with the top pick getting a QB. The best one available. We don't have to risk nothing to get him. If you don't want to be back in this situation any time soon then pick the best QB of the draft with our top pick.

Rasputin
01-10-2013, 01:23 AM

So you would risk that and have the Raiders take Geno Smith?

Fuck that. They may have got burnt by Jfat Russell but they could score big time with Geno Smith and torch our asses with him for the next decade.

Bump
01-10-2013, 01:26 AM
The first time EVER we get the #1 pick.

We haven't drafted a QB in the first round in 30 years

We can't still be scared to take one.

Geno Smith is awesome.

It must be him.

There is no other way.

Sorter
01-10-2013, 01:29 AM
I'll post a complete Nassib and geno breakdown the upcoming monday.

Saccopoo
01-10-2013, 01:33 AM
I'll post a complete Nassib and geno breakdown the upcoming monday.

Post the Pinstripe Bowl in it's entirety.

Rasputin
01-10-2013, 01:35 AM
It's bad enough that the raiders are sitting pretty to take Barkley or Wilson with there pick 3rd in the draft, but if we pass up on the top QB of the three and trade back we are just fucking ourselves for future years to come.

I do predict the raiders take Matt Barkley.

Sorter
01-10-2013, 01:40 AM

I think I recorded it, so I might be able to upload it to my comp and break down the play, hots/audibles/protection and coverages. Now, this might take a bit more time and won't be ready on monday probably but it will be significantly more in-depth (for that game)

Bump
01-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Because there are Peyton Mannings and then there are Ryan Leafs.

Donovan McNabb and Tim Couch

JaMarcus Russell and Tom Brady

Nobody has a crystal ball and you can think you know as much as you like, but you truly don't know. It's a 50/50 success rate for the #1 guy overall to try to come in and be a successful Franchise QB in the NFL.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't try, I'm just saying there are no sure things. I just don't get how people get so angry and lodge personal attacks towards others if they don't agree with them on a player who is yet to play a single down in the NFL. See this site and Jimmy Clausen 2010.

I'm a poker player. When I'm low on chips, I have no problem putting all my chips in when I think I'll have a 50/50 chance. The Chiefs are low on chips, let's do this!

Pasta Little Brioni
01-10-2013, 06:25 AM
If they don't take a guy at one, don't take one at all.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-10-2013, 06:28 AM
FTW, not a huge fan...but after the comments the walrus made on Monday...you best be open to the possibility.

DaKCMan AP
01-10-2013, 06:45 AM
I watched tape of some of his games. Not impressed.

From what I've seen I like Zac Dysert more.

bevischief
01-10-2013, 06:56 AM
JFC...

NY CHIEF
01-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Being from syracuse i have watched all the games, wouldnt mind taking him early 2nd round, bring in a vet and let trick shot tanney be the 3rd....:thumb:

Nightfyre
01-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Nassib is going to the Bills. You saw it here first. Not that it was a giant leap or anything.

DaKCMan AP
01-10-2013, 07:27 AM
Nassib is going to the Bills. You saw it here first. Not that it was a giant leap or anything.

Not first.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9288877&postcount=117

Chiefnj2
01-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Every time a college coach comes up to an NFL team people think he will draft his old players early. Clausen to KC because of Weis, Taylor Mays to Seattle in the first, etc. Late round picks have better chances.

Ceej
01-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Who is going to create the ****OFFICIAL**** Colin Klein thread.

Can't wait for that.

Reerun_KC
01-10-2013, 08:30 AM

Then fire up the banners again...

No need to continue being the chiefs...

Reid has a very short honeymoon. Either he gets us a QB and tries to build a winner or he can get the fuck out already...

Setsuna
01-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Too short. /CP truefan

Honestly though. No. Geno Smith or tank for Clowney this season.

Rasputin
01-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Being from syracuse i have watched all the games, wouldnt mind taking him early 2nd round, bring in a vet and let trick shot tanney be the 3rd....:thumb:

Why do you hate the Chiefs?

Brando
01-10-2013, 12:55 PM
No. They tried to give him more responsibility early in the season and he was stinking it up. They Cassel'd him and they started winning. He's a game manager...at the college level no less. No.

What color is the sky in your world?

Date Opponent Surface Result Att Comp Pct. Yards Yards/Att TD Int Rating
09/01/12 Northwestern Turf L 41-42 66 45 68.2 482 7.3 4 1 146.50
09/08/12 Southern California Turf L 29-42 46 30 65.2 322 7.0 2 2 129.67
09/15/12 Stony Brook Turf W 28-17 35 22 62.9 335 9.6 3 0 171.54

htismaqe
01-10-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm a big Ryan Nassib fan.

But I'm a bigger Geno Smith/Tyler Wilson fan.

whoman69
01-10-2013, 01:47 PM
You can say its going to be a reach for a QB at #1 and it will all be disproven by the draft picks. If someone with a limited history like Tannehill can be the #8 pick, all bets are off. I believe Andy Reid is going to want to have the best prospect available in the draft and won't get there waiting until round 2.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster
Had a guy I know in the league refer to Ryan Nassib as a "raw Tyler Wilson with less arm strength" for what that's worth.

RunKC
01-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Good article on Nassib.

Like McCarthy, Nassib gets Hackett crash course
By Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel Jan. 22, 2013
EMAIL PRINT |(0) COMMENTS
Mobile, Ala. --- Ryan Nassib is in good company this off-season. Just ask Mike McCarthy.

In preparation for Senior Bowl week -- and eventually the NFL draft --- the Syracuse quarterback has been training with Paul Hackett. That's the same Paul Hackett who served as a mentor of sorts to the Packers' head coach at the University of Pittsburgh and then the Kansas City Chiefs. McCarthy was drawn to Hackett's extreme attention to detail, the unique way he broke down the quarterback position.

At Syracuse, Nassib played underneath Hackett's son, Nathaniel. And now, still at Syracuse, he's working with Paul to help differentiate himself amongst a quarterback class very much up for grabs. When Nassib told Nathaniel -- his offensive coordinator at Syracuse -- that he was training with Paul, son had a puzzled reaction.

“He said, ‘You sure? I don’t know if you know what you’re getting yourself into. He’s got nothing else to do,'" Nassib said.

Paul Hackett, who last coached with the Oakland Raiders in 2010, spends time with Nassib a week at a time. The two meet in the morning from 8 to 11:30 a.m. to watch film and dissect plays. Nassib lifts weights, runs and then it's off to the field.

"He loses track of time sometimes," Nassib joked. "But we’re out there for a bit."

Nassib said he has a playbook "about that big," outstretching his index finger and thumb. Yes, he has seen film of Joe Montana, the same dropbacks and throws that once captivated McCarthy in person when he was with Hackett in Kansas City. Nassib said Montana was even in "those old gray shorts." After developing as a quarterback under Nathaniel, Nassib is now seeing the root of all those concepts.

“Paul’s a riot. I mean he knows so much stuff that a lot of it, you really need to take a second and go, ‘What the heck did he just say?’" Nassib said. "He’s a great coach. He’s teaching me a lot.

“One thing he’s been coaching me up on the most is making adjustments on the fly. I mean, three years with Nate Hackett and we have our way of doing things. But when (Paul and I) go to work out, he’ll say, ‘I want you to throw this route using this footwork instead.’ Stuff like that. That work has translated to here. Some plays we’re running with the Raiders now are some plays we ran but we ran them differently.”

Three years with Hackett's son may be one of the biggest reasons Nassib is in Mobile, too. In college, Nassib often spent time with the offensive coordinator and Doug Marrone when the two coaches put the game plan together. He passed for 3,749 yards, 26 touchdowns and 10 interceptions this past season.

Whether all this Hackett exposure has a McCarthy-like effect on Nassib remains to be seen. He has worked his way into the discussion of this year's top quarterback prospect, though admits he'll need to work on his deep ball to impress scouts.

At Syracuse, Nassib ran a version of the New Orleans Saints offense, where Marrone once served as offensive coordinator. Through his three years as the Orange's starter, Nassib said he watched a lot of film of Drew Brees, trying to emulate his game. He admits he's "nowhere near" Brees, but believes they do have similar games.

“I feel that I have a great feel for the West Coast offense, a pro-style offense," Nassib said. "I feel that I’m pretty dangerous in that system."

He wouldn't mind sticking around Upstate New York, either. The younger Hackett followed Marrone to the Buffalo where he's now the Bills' offensive coordinator.

"Would it be great to go play for Coach Hackett? Absolutely," Nassib said. "Just because I love the guy so much and he’s such a phenomenal coach. ...I want to put my stuff on the field and attract some other teams but if Buffalo falls into the mix, it’s a plus.”

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/187836391.html

HolyHat
01-22-2013, 01:23 AM

I was hoping we could draft Geno in the first and second round. He's that fucking good!

Bump
01-22-2013, 01:54 AM
BECAUSE HES IN THE SENIOR BOWL BABY!!!!

I do think Geno should have showed up to this though

htismaqe
01-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Hey Tomahawk,

Can you do a Dysert and EJ Manuel thread too?

DaKCMan AP
01-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Hey Tomahawk,

Can you do a Dysert and EJ Manuel thread too?

EJ Manuel sucks. No reason for a thread.

htismaqe
01-22-2013, 09:26 AM
EJ Manuel sucks. No reason for a thread.

He's a potential round 2 pick.

I figured since Tomahawk was taking the shotgun approach with contingency plans, we might as well cover all the bases.

Maybe he could start the ***Official Trade for Matt Flynn*** thread instead?

DaKCMan AP
01-22-2013, 09:27 AM
He's a potential round 2 pick.

I figured since Tomahawk was taking the shotgun approach with contingency plans, we might as well cover all the bases.

Maybe he could start the ***Official Trade for Matt Flynn*** thread instead?

If a team drafts EJ Manuel in the 2nd round that GM & HC should be fired on the spot.

Wumbology
01-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Put me down for a big ol' no.

Frosty
01-22-2013, 09:35 AM
During the Senior Bowl practice yesterday, Mayock compared Nassib to Andy Dalton, saying "he knows how to win but his skillset doesn't wow you" (paraphrased). That would be an upgrade over what we have had but I would like to aim higher than that.

Also, there seems to be a growing trend to link Nassib to the Chiefs simply because McNabb and Nassib are both from Syracuse. :facepalm:

htismaqe
01-22-2013, 09:40 AM
If a team drafts EJ Manuel in the 2nd round that GM & HC should be fired on the spot.

He's the next Colon Capernicus!

suds79
01-22-2013, 09:43 AM
During the Senior Bowl practice yesterday, Mayock compared Nassib to Andy Dalton, saying "he knows how to win but his skillset doesn't wow you" (paraphrased).

Sounds a lot like Matt Barkley then. No thanks.

I've had my fill of weak to average armed KC QBs over the years. I'm ready for a guy who can make any throw.

So it'd be a no for me on Nassib.

DaKCMan AP
01-22-2013, 09:57 AM
He's the next Colon Capernicus!

He definitely plays like colon ;)

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Danny Parkins ‏@DannyParkins

Jason Cole is on the show and just crushed the idea of Ryan Nassib going #1 overall. Said anyone who thinks that should be drug tested.

ChiefMojo
01-23-2013, 12:26 PM
The major knock on Nassib is that he floats his deep balls and needs to work on driving the ball more. Very good in the short to mid-range areas. Tough player that is willing to take the hit but normally gets the ball out quick. IMO he is a good pick at #34.

Tribal Warfare
01-23-2013, 12:29 PM

Jason Cole is on the show and just crushed the idea of Ryan Nassib going #1 overall. Said anyone who thinks that should be drug tested.

So the scouts are CP posters :D

DaKCMan AP
01-23-2013, 12:50 PM
The major knock on Nassib is that he floats his deep balls and needs to work on driving the ball more. Very good in the short to mid-range areas. Tough player that is willing to take the hit but normally gets the ball out quick. IMO he is a good pick at #34.

So he's Chad Pennington?

ChiefMojo
01-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Probably a better Cassel, so yes Pennington.

RunKC
02-07-2013, 10:56 PM
New info. We are interested.

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
Am told the Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets & Philadelphia Eagles all high on Ryan Nassib/QB/Syracuse...more: http://www.draftinsider.net/

I'm telling you guys. This kid is VERY underrated.

RealSNR
02-07-2013, 11:47 PM
New info. We are interested.

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
Am told the Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets & Philadelphia Eagles all high on Ryan Nassib/QB/Syracuse...more: http://www.draftinsider.net/

I'm telling you guys. This kid is VERY underrated.

He compares to Ryan Tannehill to me. And last year I thought we should have traded up to get Tannehill before the Dolphins, especially with the way top 10 picks were being bought and sold for fucking peanuts after the top 5.

Hammock Parties
02-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Shut up bitch, you thought Pioli would be retained.

Messier
02-07-2013, 11:57 PM
I've really liked Nassib, and thought he'd be one of the QBs to make it from this class.

B14ckmon
02-08-2013, 02:20 AM

No one actually thinks he would go #1. The question is if the Chiefs would take someone else and then get him in the 2nd or later.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 02:25 AM
That's cool if they like Nassib. But not as our QBOTF. Unless mediocre is what we're gunning for.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 02:27 AM
I don't put down my mocks or "big board" type stuff until after the combine, but as of right now in order I like Geno>Glennon>Wilson>Barkley>Nassib. I don't care for Dysert at all. And Manuel gets a N/A cause I haven't seen enough of him yet.

B14ckmon
02-08-2013, 02:29 AM
Hoping the Jaguars can get Manuel in the later rounds and he can surprise us. Dude is dumb as rocks though. Him and Tyler Bray must have the same "tutor"

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 02:44 AM
Hoping the Jaguars can get Manuel in the later rounds and he can surprise us. Dude is dumb as rocks though. Him and Tyler Bray must have the same "tutor"

Consistency seems to be his issue. He played pretty well in his bowl game against N. Illinois. Has good ball placement and arm strength obviously. But health, consistency, brain all seem to be his problem.

Setsuna
02-08-2013, 02:44 AM
I don't put down my mocks or "big board" type stuff until after the combine, but as of right now in order I like Geno>Glennon>Wilson>Barkley>Nassib. I don't care for Dysert at all. And Manuel gets a N/A cause I haven't seen enough of him yet.
Yes....YEs...YESSSSS! Good man. :D

If anyone didn't know you were already the dumbest person on this forum, this certainly proved it beyond all doubt. :doh!:

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 02:50 AM

You'd probably hate my thoughts on Tyler Bray...

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 03:01 AM
http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/08/ryan-nassib-statistical-scouting-report/

This needs to go in here for the Nassib fans.

B14ckmon
02-08-2013, 03:03 AM

Well you are on a forum with a photoshopped picture of him in a Chiefs jersey. So you are basically the Nsync fan equivalent to a Genonite.

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/08/nassib-dysert-and-manuel-a-metrics-breakdown/

This one shows how similar his passing metrics were to Luck's.

Setsuna
02-08-2013, 03:03 AM
You'd probably hate my thoughts on Tyler Bray...

Meh. Speak your mind. You won't get him anyway. I don't care. I'd probably agree with you on some of it.

B14ckmon
02-08-2013, 03:05 AM

If anyone didn't know you were already the dumbest person on this forum, this certainly proved it beyond all doubt. :doh!:

You forgot to bold the "in the later rounds" part. I have a feeling you don't actually know what that means.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 03:14 AM
Meh. Speak your mind. You won't get him anyway. I don't care. I'd probably agree with you on some of it.

I think he benefited from 2 great receivers, and he actually hurt them more than anything. What he has going for himself is that he's tall, and has decent arm strength. But I see an inaccurate QB that has bad ball placement for his receivers. He's a little self obsessed I'd assume based on what I've seen. I just don't like him at all as a prospect. I'll elaborate more when the time comes. But I just see a lot more negatives than I do positives.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 03:16 AM
Well you are on a forum with a photoshopped picture of him in a Chiefs jersey. So you are basically the Nsync fan equivalent to a Genonite.

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/08/nassib-dysert-and-manuel-a-metrics-breakdown/

This one shows how similar his passing metrics were to Luck's.

What does my avatar have to do with anything regarding Nassib. Geno looks great in that red.

RunKC
02-08-2013, 03:45 AM
I'm not advocating for us to take this guy at 1 at all. He's in no way worth it. If we were to trade back into round 1 to take a QB, I think it would be Nassib.

NY CHIEF
02-08-2013, 05:27 AM

Yea really...smith looked like a deer in headlights.......................ROFL

RyFo18
02-08-2013, 07:23 AM
I am not a big fan of Nassib at all. Granted I've only watched about 2 games worth of him. I just don't come away impressed. His throwing motion gets elongated at times (not Tebow elongated, but somewhat). The biggest thing for me is his decision making though. Granted, that could be somewhat fixable, but that throwing motion also isn't going to help him in the NFL. DBs will pick up on it and I have a feeling he's going to throw a lot of picks at the next level.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Keep reading on twitter and blogs how Chiefs are very intrigued with Nassib and how he is moving up as the #2 ranled QB behind Geno....

Did this guy show ANYTHING in the SR. bowl? Why are scouts so attracted to him...? Big Arm? Accurate? Smart? ...Pro System?

I don't get it.

RunKC
02-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Keep reading on twitter and blogs how Chiefs are very intrigued with Nassib and how he is moving up as the #2 ranled QB behind Geno....

Did this guy show ANYTHING in the SR. bowl? Why are scouts so attracted to him...? Big Arm? Accurate? Smart? ...Pro System?

I don't get it.

I think a lot of it was Doug Marrone developing him. He has good tools. Just needs to work on his deep ball.

RunKC
02-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Also interesting that Nassib only threw 2 INT's in his last 7 games. That's taking care of the ball all right.

B14ckmon
02-08-2013, 02:47 PM
What does my avatar have to do with anything regarding Nassib. Geno looks great in that red.

My point was that you are obviously biased.

RyFo18
02-08-2013, 02:49 PM

I don't get it.

Smoke.

RunKC
02-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Didn't realize that Doug Marrone changed the offenses entire scheme and Ryan Nassib learned it in 2 weeks.

Learning a completely different pro style offense so quickly will draw teams to him at the combine when they interview him. Strong football IQ.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-08-2013, 03:02 PM
For those who watched him...who does he most resemble in the NFL?

Is he another noodle-armed QB?

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 03:14 PM
my opinion on who he resembles is phillip rivers but with a stronger arm and better mechanics but still a funky delievery
He doesn't have an elite arm but he's got a pretty strong arm

Messier
02-08-2013, 03:32 PM
He seems really good at going through his progressions.

RunKC
02-08-2013, 03:59 PM
The only real problem with Nassib is his accuracy throwing downfield and that's something that is coachable.

He's got the size, arm strength, pro style experience, football IQ, progressions, does the play fake really well, rarely makes mistakes throwing the ball, elite ability to throw good accurate passes in the short and intermediate routes and he appears to be a great leader.

He was on a really lackluster team in terms of talent. I think he's the sleeper of this draft. It's no wonder Reid and Dorsey are interested in him.

Sorter
02-08-2013, 04:06 PM

I don't get it.

I've had him 3rd behind Geno and Wilson for quite some time now, FWIW.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 04:08 PM
The only real problem with Nassib is his accuracy throwing downfield and that's something that is coachable.

He's got the size, arm strength, pro style experience, football IQ, progressions, does the play fake really well, rarely makes mistakes throwing the ball, elite ability to throw good accurate passes in the short and intermediate routes and he appears to be a great leader.

He was on a really lackluster team in terms of talent. I think he's the sleeper of this draft. It's no wonder Reid and Dorsey are interested in him.

WTF? Did you read the link from secondroundstats?

RunKC
02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
This is about his leadership.

“I can’t say enough about that guy,” offensive tackle Justin Pugh said. “He’s a great leader.”

“When he says something everybody listens,” offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett said. “It may be one thing a game or one thing every two weeks, but they listen.”

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2012/11/syracuse_football_teams_star_q.html

Nassib is also the most prolific passer in Syracuse history. That's right. He was better than Donovan McNabb.

Love this kid.

RunKC
02-08-2013, 04:15 PM
WTF? Did you read the link from secondroundstats?

Did you read it?

Nothing really bad to say about the guy.

Oh and his deep ball is apparently much better than people give him credit for. I think you were thinking of Wilson's report?

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 04:19 PM
I've been at work all day but as soon as I get home in an hour I plan on spending the night evaluating and charting Nassib. Looking forward to it. I still gotta work on Barkley and Manuel a little more as well.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Did you read it?

Nothing really bad to say about the guy.

Oh and his deep ball is apparently much better than people give him credit for. I think you were thinking of Wilson's report?
I'm on my phone so I'm not bolding things, but read your first sentence of your paragraph. Then read his completition percent throwing downfield. They don't match.

Sorter
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
I've been at work all day but as soon as I get home in an hour I plan on spending the night evaluating and charting Nassib. Looking forward to it. I still gotta work on Barkley and Manuel a little more as well.

I think you'll enjoy what you see in terms of movement w/in the pocket, going through reads, looking downfield, and his release.

Definitely needs to work on his touch and slow down his feet a bit.

silver5liter
02-08-2013, 04:24 PM
bleh.

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 04:28 PM

post up your thoughts on barkley in the barkley thread too, i'm intrested in what you see, also what you see in nassib.

RunKC
02-08-2013, 04:30 PM
I think you'll enjoy what you see in terms of movement w/in the pocket, going through reads, looking downfield, and his release.

Definitely needs to work on his touch and slow down his feet a bit.

I'm anxious for your scouting report on Nassib Sorter. Can we get that soon? :D

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 04:30 PM
post up your thoughts on barkley in the barkley thread too, i'm intrested in what you see, also what you see in nassib.

I gotta figure out what went wrong with Barkley cause I liked his Junior game cut ups way more than what I've seen of his Senior stuff.

Sorter
02-08-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm anxious for your scouting report on Nassib Sorter. Can we get that soon? :D

I've been slacking like a motherfucker. I need to get on that soon.

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 04:59 PM
i didn't watch much of barkley's junior season so i dunno what went wrong but my guess is the oline and defense put him behind the 8ball to much. lead to him trying to rush and force throws into bad spots or just miss on throws from being rushed. just my guess though, look forward to yours

nassib i do like what i've seen but i have only seen a tiny bit. I like him but he seems more or less a game manager. seems like you can give him direction and point and he can do it, but you can't expect him to put the team on his shoulders and drive the burning bus to the finish. just my take. everything else in his game i believe can be coached except that.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Just got home. I'll be going back and fourth between Barkley's Junior and Senior games. But first I'm gonna work on Nassib for the next 2 or 3 hours.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Why settle for anything less than the best?

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Just got home. I'll be going back and fourth between Barkley's Junior and Senior games. But first I'm gonna work on Nassib for the next 2 or 3 hours.

nice looking forward to them.

RunKC
02-08-2013, 05:55 PM

Watch the Louisville and MU games. Very good tape of what the kid can do.

Also, his WR's dropped a ton of passes. 2nd most of the QB's in this class (Glennon was first).

silver5liter
02-08-2013, 06:13 PM

Also, his WR's dropped a ton of passes. 2nd most of the QB's in this class (Glennon was first).

Its because nassib feels the need to cannon arm every short pass

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 06:16 PM
i know it's almost taboo on this forum but i'm REALLY starting to get intrigued by Tyler Bray.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 06:20 PM

Just finished the Mizzou game. Only 2 dropped passes in that game. I wanted to see him take a few more downfield shots. He finished 17 of 22 on passes under 10 yards. I have my chart set up by passes in each section of the field, and I use 0-10 yards, 11-20, and 21+. I count screens as part of the 0-10 yard range. But Nassib didn't use any screens that I recall from the Mizzou game. He did have 1 dropped interception. Nearly 2 but I only counted 1 of them.

I took note that he did an excellent job of looking off coverage and at times going through many reads. Had one TD in which he looked directly down the middle of the field then threw a quick pass to the far right for a TD (in which the WR ran in the last 10 yards).

Since you mentioned it I'll look at Louisville next.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 06:21 PM
i know it's almost taboo on this forum but i'm REALLY starting to get intrigued by Tyler Bray.

Blah. I don't like that guy... Maybe I need to spend more time on him, but he's one of my least favorites of this entire class.

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Blah. I don't like that guy... Maybe I need to spend more time on him, but he's one of my least favorites of this entire class.

i didn't think much on him either but was just reading some negatives on him and watching a little bit and damn his arm is impressive. i know alot of people think he has the highest ceiling in the draft if he can put everything togeather and not be a dumbass. interesting to me for sure

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 06:28 PM
i didn't think much on him either but was just reading some negatives on him and watching a little bit and damn his arm is impressive. i know alot of people think he has the highest ceiling in the draft if he can put everything togeather and not be a dumbass. interesting to me for sure

Highest ceiling to me is either Geno or Glennon. The difference is I think Geno has the better chance of reaching that ceiling. Glennon is boom or bust.

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 06:36 PM
I think bray is the perfect mix of Glennon and Wilson into one. Give wilson a couple inches and glennon's arm and inconsitency and you have bray, although wilson has better pocket presence and is more mobile, but bray is not a statue like glennon and is more fluid in his footwork.. The big IF with bray is his maturity and if he'll pull his shit together and get serious about the game

Sfeihc
02-08-2013, 06:50 PM
The three QB's in this draft that intrigue me the most are Geno, Wilson(King of Prussia, I got my eye on you) and Nassib. Hopefully one of these guys finds their way to KC. Not in favor of trading a pick for Alex Smith, been down that road with Cassel and Egoli.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 06:50 PM
What I like about what Nassib did against Louisville was that it was against the 16th best pass D. Syracuse receivers are very average. At this point I still see a pretty average QB but has some pro style skills to work with. I'll try to fit in 4 more games before I go on to Barkley.

The opening play 45 yard bomb by Nassib vs Louisville is a completion but it reality it shouldn't be. It was badly underthrown.

RunKC
02-08-2013, 07:05 PM
IMO Nassib has all the same tools as Barkley, but he has a much higher ceiling because Barkley is a finished product while Nassib can get much better in the NFL.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Something I tried to use last night when attempting to find a common denominator when looking at QB's. The top 10 QB's in accuracy % of passes on 20 yards in 2012:

Aaron Rodgers
Peyton Manning
Cam Newton
Drew Brees
Russell Wilson
Matt Ryan
Tannehill
Stafford
Luck
Eli Manning

Some pretty good QB's there.

While the bottom 5 include

Ponder
Fitzpatrick
Weeden
Palmer
Big Ben (Bit of a surprise) but after Ben we have Gabbert, Dalton, Vick, Sanchez, Cassel

According to secondroundstats Nassib has the highest deep ball %. I'm trying to check those numbers and see where they're coming from.

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 07:20 PM
barkley was 58.38% on passes 20+ yards
nassib was 62.50%

wonder how that stakes up against the NFL QB's

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 07:22 PM
IMO Nassib has all the same tools as Barkley, but he has a much higher ceiling because Barkley is a finished product while Nassib can get much better in the NFL.

i don't agree, i think barkley is FAR more fundamentally sound and therefor have a higher ceiling. I think they both could end up game managers but barkley's ceiling being that of matt ryan where nassib would be that of schaub.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 07:23 PM
barkley was 58.38% on passes 20+ yards
nassib was 62.50%

wonder how that stakes up against the NFL QB's

The best % last year was 60% by Kap but on only 33 throws.

If you want a larger sample size, and I left Kap out of my list... Aaron Rodgers was 53% on throws of 20 or more. Best in the league in that category if we exclude Kap.

So my question, and what I'm trying to figure out is if a % of 60 in the Big East or in the Pac 12 = a % of 40 or more in the NFL. Cause the guys with 40 or better in the NFL are the ones that seem to be near the top of their game.

Anyways just started watching Nassib vs USC.

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 07:24 PM
nice not to shabby then, i'm sure if you scewed the stats for the NFL being more difficult and the windows for deep balls smaller i'd say barkley and nassib would both be in the low 50% high 40% range. I'd take it especially since they both went 20+ yards a decent amount

silver5liter
02-08-2013, 07:26 PM
The best % last year was 60% by Kap but on only 33 throws.

If you want a larger sample size, and I left Kap out of my list... Aaron Rodgers was 53% on throws of 20 or more. Best in the league in that category if we exclude Kap.

So my question, and what I'm trying to figure out is if a % of 60 in the Big East or in the Pac 12 = a % of 40 or more in the NFL. Cause the guys with 40 or better in the NFL are the ones that seem to be near the top of their game.

Anyways just started watching Nassib vs USC.

Have fun :/

silver5liter
02-08-2013, 07:27 PM
nice not to shabby then, i'm sure if you scewed the stats for the NFL being more difficult and the windows for deep balls smaller i'd say barkley and nassib would both be in the low 50% high 40% range. I'd take it especially since they both went 20+ yards a decent amount

You're leaning on stats a little too much there...

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 07:33 PM
You're leaning on stats a little too much there...

ya but it's hard to determine how one area of any prospects game will translate to NFL. THe players are faster, windows are tighter and close quicker. just being generous saying those opportunities will be more limited and broken up more. Like i said i haven't seen much of nassib but i think barkley's game will translate perfect to NFL especially if put in the right system. which just so happens to be our system.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 07:50 PM
I'll say this about Nassib. He will throw a TON of interceptions in the NFL. If he thinks he can squeeze in some of these throws in the NCAA, He's got a rude awakening. I was hoping to see something special out of him. And I see a few nice things. Just plenty of negatives. I'd be cautious with drafting him. Not worth a 1st at all IMO. Maybe a 2nd. Almost done on him though as far as game tape goes.

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 07:52 PM
can't wait for the barkley reviews. hope its good!

silver5liter
02-08-2013, 07:55 PM
I'll say this about Nassib. He will throw a TON of interceptions in the NFL. If he thinks he can squeeze in some of these throws in the NCAA, He's got a rude awakening. I was hoping to see something special out of him. And I see a few nice things. Just plenty of negatives. I'd be cautious with drafting him. Not worth a 1st at all IMO. Maybe a 2nd. Almost done on him though as far as game tape goes.

Lol, thats what i was saying. I see nothing special about him. Those interceptions in that game are disturbing..

RunKC
02-08-2013, 07:57 PM

Couldn't you say the same about Geno and Barkley? Didn't Geno throw into double coverage more than anyone by far?

silver5liter
02-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Couldn't you say the same about Geno and Barkley? Didn't Geno throw into double coverage more than anyone by far?

Ball placement is key. I dont see the kind of ball placement and accuracy Geno has in Nassib

RunKC
02-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Ball placement is key. I dont see the kind of ball placement and accuracy Geno has in Nassib

I agree. Nassib doesn't have the touch either. That's his biggest weakness.

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 08:03 PM
seems to me nassib lacks anticipation in his throws. which could turn into alot of NFL picks for sure

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 08:06 PM

Stole the words outta my mouth.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 08:07 PM
seems to me nassib lacks anticipation in his throws. which could turn into alot of NFL picks for sure

Yep. This as well.

This is where Game film>Stats.

silver5liter
02-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Stole the words outta my mouth.

I might be a Geno homer but I do my research on them all. haha

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 08:11 PM
I might be a Geno homer but I do my research on them all. haha

Yup same here....

And IDK if I should be ashamed of this or not, but I tried to read Geno's palm based off a google image picture one night.

And I'm not a palm reader..

BUT!!!!

I learned that he has a long "fate" line. :)

That's how far I've gone. And it's only February.

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 08:12 PM
oh boy!!! lol

Setsuna
02-08-2013, 08:34 PM
To say Bray has "decent" arm strength is as ignorant as it gets. Out of all the QBs in this draft, he has the strongest by far.

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 08:45 PM
um nobody said he had decent arm strength. put the gun down

silver5liter
02-08-2013, 08:46 PM
To say Bray has "decent" arm strength is as ignorant as it gets. Out of all the QBs in this draft, he has the strongest by far.

Bray sucks

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 08:50 PM

When I said decent I didn't mean average or anything like that. What I was really meaning to say is that his arm strength is great, but he uses poor mechanics which really hinders his ball placement on the receivers. Arm strength is just not something I put a ton of stock into unless you're in the red zone. He gets it there fast, but that's about it. Like I've said, he worked with the best WR duo in the country. Hunter and Patterson are both freaks, especially Patterson, and yet he could only get Patterson 46 catches on the year, yet Patterson might be the best WR in this class.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 08:52 PM

I might've. At least I remember saying that to someone at some point.

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 08:56 PM

thats all you really said on him... i went back a couple pages and didn't see anyone say his arm was decent. least not in this thread

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Back to Ryan Nassib:

I don't know where secondroundstats got their info, but of the games I charted Nassib only completed 48% of his deep passes, further than 20 yards. And the issues I have is that his passes weren't well placed.

He's a "spot" thrower. In other words a timing passer, and not a great one at that.

He would've benefited from having a good receiver, but Syracuse was pretty weak at WR this year. They had plenty of drops. His game Vs Northwestern was not pretty, and they ranked 84th in the FBS in pass defense.

He threw a ridiculous 45 passes under 10 yards, and really wasn't that accurate at it considering he was throwing lasers from 5 feet away. His halfbacks on the checkdowns were just trying to cover their face to avoid a broken nose.

His pocket awareness is fairly average. At times made good adjustments to step up and make a throw, and he was abused vs Rutgers. I almost couldn't put those sacks on him. His O-line was giving him no time to throw. The best games by far were the ones against Mizzou, and Louisville. He has tools to work with, but it's gonna take a lot of time, and adjusts for him to work out at the next level. Whichever team he goes to can expect plenty of interceptions.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2013, 09:06 PM
thats all you really said on him... i went back a couple pages and didn't see anyone say his arm was decent. least not in this thread

I said it in my head then.

I was thinking it a few days ago, so I'm guilty. But I've clarified.

Finally beginning a little bit on Barkley...

fairladyZ
02-08-2013, 09:23 PM
thanks for the info on nassib, kind of what i thought aswell, good toolset but needs alot of work and molding to make right. would fit in good with a WCO and very good coaching to help bring him along. I think he needs to work on his footwork and anticipation or feel of his WR's better.

I just watched barkley against Stanford.. Looking forward to your take on it as opposed to mine.

Setsuna
02-09-2013, 09:05 AM

I think he benefited from 2 great receivers, and he actually hurt them more than anything. What he has going for himself is that he's tall, and has decent arm strength. But I see an inaccurate QB that has bad ball placement for his receivers. He's a little self obsessed I'd assume based on what I've seen. I just don't like him at all as a prospect. I'll elaborate more when the time comes. But I just see a lot more negatives than I do positives.
STFU n00b. Such a dumbass I swear. Don't address me ever again. Seriously. Fucking prick.

Bray sucks
As long as you think this, it makes me like him moreso.

And obligatory
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/wesa2j06/1630640_o_zps5ccc60f9.gif

ChiefMojo
02-09-2013, 10:05 AM
If you like someone of low character, go ahead and draft Bray... I won't stop you.

In reality guys like Barkley, Nassib and even Wilson are going to take a little time to groom and this is where the whole talk of bringing in a FA QB like Alex Smith comes into the picture. Sure we all want the new drafted QB to play right away but in this class it might not happen immediately. Of course this is all based on the fact if we pass on Geno at #1 which could be a possibility.

Setsuna
02-09-2013, 01:07 PM
If you like someone of low character, go ahead and draft Bray... I won't stop you.

In reality guys like Barkley, Nassib and even Wilson are going to take a little time to groom and this is where the whole talk of bringing in a FA QB like Alex Smith comes into the picture. Sure we all want the new drafted QB to play right away but in this class it might not happen immediately. Of course this is all based on the fact if we pass on Geno at #1 which could be a possibility.

Yep because every QB in this draft has to be fucking Andrew Luck or RGIII. JFC all of yall are scared as shit it's pathetic. If they get drafted in the first round, they start. Plain and simple. Especially top 10. And Alex Smith sucks.

fairladyZ
02-09-2013, 01:19 PM
as intriguing as the kid is and as much upside as he is the kid is just a tool... sorry to burst your bubble.

he has all the talent in the word but is just a moron. he even proves it on twitter, going thru his twitter the kid just doesn't care, he doesn't take football seriously. according to him he's working on his "beach bod" rather than getting his ass ready for the combine to prove he can be THE guy. He's a spoon fed bitch and will probably get drafted just cause a team has a hardon for his skillset but will most likely never amount to shit.

If he took it serious and actually went to IMG or somewhere to workout rather than stay home and party at manhattan beach i'd probably like to give him a shot later in the draft. but i'll pass you can have him

HolyHat
02-09-2013, 01:22 PM
as intriguing as the kid is and as much upside as he is the kid is just a tool... sorry to burst your bubble.

he has all the talent in the word but is just a moron. he even proves it on twitter, going thru his twitter the kid just doesn't care, he doesn't take football seriously. according to him he's working on his "beach bod" rather than getting his ass ready for the combine to prove he can be THE guy. He's a spoon fed bitch and will probably get drafted just cause a team has a hardon for his skillset but will most likely never amount to shit.

If he took it serious and actually went to IMG or somewhere to workout rather than stay home and party at manhattan beach i'd probably like to give him a shot later in the draft. but i'll pass you can have him

Gameday chicken bucket go BOOM!

KCrockaholic
02-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Gameday chicken bucket go BOOM!

Lmao

SAUTO
02-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Yup same here....

And IDK if I should be ashamed of this or not, but I tried to read Geno's palm based off a google image picture one night.

And I'm not a palm reader..

BUT!!!!

I learned that he has a long "fate" line. :)

That's how far I've gone. And it's only February.

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC
02-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Todd McShay ‏@McShay13
On tape 5 of SYR QB Nassib right now. Man, he's growing on me. Doesn't drive it very well but does everything else at a pretty high level.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Setsuna
02-16-2013, 12:56 AM

Gus Bradley won't take his shit. Our team is the only team he'd get his ass kicked on to be how he is supposed to be. I'm not pimping this kid for no reason. We have people in place within the organization mainly the HC to keep him in line. Which means all that untapped talent is ours for the taking. And btw you can't have him.

RunKC
02-16-2013, 12:57 AM
Todd McShay ‏@McShay13
Top 2 traits when studying QBs (IMO)=1. Mental makeup, 2. Accuracy. Nassib excels at 1, good at 2. Accuracy on pressure drops>avg so far

Todd McShay ‏@McShay13
Plus, Nassib is tough as nails and his feet are much better (where it matters most - in pocket, sliding, resetting, etc) than the perception

In58men
02-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Russ Landre top 200 prospects before combine

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/19/azy3a6as.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk
02-18-2013, 12:38 PM
ummm...

Mr_Tomahawk
02-18-2013, 12:38 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Ranks-the-Top-200-Prospects-for-the-2013-NFL-Draft.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

B14ckmon
02-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Russ Landre top 200 prospects before combine

...We got a readable version?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Ranks-the-Top-200-Prospects-for-the-2013-NFL-Draft.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Thanks good sir.

And oh god. Is Russ Lande cousins with Ryan Nassib or something?

Mr_Tomahawk
Holy shit...Nassib #1 overall?

Concensus #1 pick is a QB...and its Nassib?

Noodle arm.

In58men
...We got a readable version?

Thanks good sir.

Sorry posted from my iPhone.

RealSNR
02-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Sorry posted from my iPhone.
Get a computer

Reaper16
02-18-2013, 12:44 PM

Noodle arm.

I haven't read the dictionary in awhile, but I don't think Russ Lande's sole opinion means there is a consensus.

B14ckmon
02-18-2013, 12:48 PM

Noodle arm.

That list isn't new, it's just updated. He has had Nassib #1 on it for a long time now.

In58men
02-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Get a computer

Ain't nobody got time for that

Mr_Tomahawk
02-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Anyone have any film on this guy to make me believe he has a remote chance of going in the first round?

htismaqe
02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Anyone have any film on this guy to make me believe he has a remote chance of going in the first round?

I think he has a chance to go in the late 20's, towards the end of the 1st, depending on how the top of the 1st plays out.

He's not dogshit. He's actually pretty solid. He just doesn't have any one thing that is spectacular.

In58men
02-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Just watched 2 YouTube videos.

Lots of dink and donks, reminds me of an upgraded Cassel.

mcaj22
02-18-2013, 01:15 PM
if this guy is truly that kind of prospect he should and will be high on the Bills draft board. I cant see why his coach wouldnt want him

In58men
02-18-2013, 01:20 PM
@ProFootballTalk: Mike Mayock on QB Ryan Nassib: "When coaches get involved they're going to fall in love with his work ethic and intelligence."

htismaqe
02-18-2013, 01:20 PM
if this guy is truly that kind of prospect he should and will be high on the Bills draft board. I cant see why his coach wouldnt want him

I imagine his coach does want him.

But GM has final say in Buffalo and Buddy Nix has serious wood for Glennon.

Sorter
02-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I think he has a chance to go in the late 20's, towards the end of the 1st, depending on how the top of the 1st plays out.

He's not dogshit. He's actually pretty solid. He just doesn't have any one thing that is spectacular.

I'd say his movement within the pocket is 2nd to Geno's and is top tier for most college QBs. His release is also top notch.

Lot of other aspects that leave much to be desired though.

HotCarl
02-18-2013, 05:17 PM
@ProFootballTalk: Mike Mayock on QB Ryan Nassib: "When coaches get involved they're going to fall in love with his work ethic and intelligence."

Russell Wilson part 2?

RunKC
02-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Ryan Nassib at the podium. He said he feels he is the best QB. #NFLCombine #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/kbMt21BD3e

AH SHIT YA'LL DIS SHIT IS GETTIN' REAL

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Ryan Nassib at the podium. He said he feels he is the best QB. #NFLCombine #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/kbMt21BD3e

AH SHIT YA'LL DIS SHIT IS GETTIN' REAL

ROFL

Nassib just lost points with NFL teams. Obvious the guy has problems with delusions.

Titty Meat
02-22-2013, 06:16 PM
When my friend was in mobile he said he heard several scouts bash Nassib because of his mechanics

Pasta Little Brioni
02-22-2013, 06:22 PM
Not even on my radar

Messier
02-22-2013, 06:33 PM
ROFL

Nassib just lost points with NFL teams. Obvious the guy has problems with delusions.

Yeah, they like it better when you say, I'm the fifth or sixth best. QB here.

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Yeah, they like it better when you say, I'm the fifth or sixth best. QB here.

First of all, it was a joke.

2nd of all, confidence comes off as silly when it's not based at all in reality. If Nassib REALLY thinks he's the best QB in this draft, he IS delusional.

Messier
02-22-2013, 06:39 PM
First of all, it was a joke.

2nd of all, confidence comes off as silly when it's not based at all in reality. If Nassib REALLY thinks he's the best QB in this draft, he IS delusional.

These QBs are close enough, they have every right to think they're the best. A QB who'll probably go in the second round saying I think I'm the best is not delusional. If you ran screaming into Lucas Oil stadium yelling, "I'm the best QB here!" that'd be delusional. See?

bsp4444
02-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Nassib not really that close.

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 06:47 PM
These QBs are close enough, they have every right to think they're the best. A QB who'll probably go in the second round saying I think I'm the best is not delusional. If you ran screaming into Lucas Oil stadium yelling, "I'm the best QB here!" that'd be delusional. See?

Nassib isn't in the conversation and it's not even close.

You keep clinging to the party line. I'll continue living in reality.

RunKC
02-22-2013, 06:48 PM
I don't believe it's delusional at all. The guy is 4th on Mayock's board and when a GM is saying Landry Jones is the best in the class, it should give any of these guys confidence.

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't believe it's delusional at all. The guy is 4th on Mayock's board and when a GM is saying Landry Jones is the best in the class, it should give any of these guys confidence.

Nassib isn't 4th and that GM is a moron.

Look, Sorter and I were talking about Nassib when nobody even knew who he was.

He's a decent prospect. Arguably the best QB in this class? ROFL ROFL ROFL

Messier
02-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Nassib isn't in the conversation and it's not even close.

You keep clinging to the party line. I'll continue living in reality.

Party line?

What's the conversation to be the best QB? Where would he have to be ranked?

Messier
02-22-2013, 06:51 PM

Now don't get touchy.

Messier
02-22-2013, 06:55 PM

I don't think he's the best, but he's lumped in with the top 5 or 6 QBs. I think it just fine, in fact appropriate that every one of those QBs think they are the best one.

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 06:57 PM
he's lumped in with the top 5 or 6 QBs.

Not to anyone that watches college football and can form a coherent thought, he isn't.

RunKC
02-22-2013, 06:59 PM
A QB thinks he's the best in a class that everybody is sayin has no standout?

Don't see the harm in that?

Messier
02-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Not to anyone that watches college football and can form a coherent thought, he isn't.

List your top ten in order.

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 07:01 PM
A QB thinks he's the best in a class that everybody is sayin has no standout?

Don't see the harm in that?

First of all, I already said I was JOKING. I don't really care if Nassib says he's the best QB in this class. In fact, like you, I'd expect him to be confident in his ability.

That being said, I don't care what everybody is saying. Anybody that actually BELIEVES he's the best QB in this class, including Nassib, is either deluisional, stupid, or both.

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 07:02 PM
List your top ten in order.

What does that have to do with anything? He'd be 5th on my list. But he's NOWHERE CLOSE to being as good as my top 3.

Messier
02-22-2013, 07:05 PM
What does that have to do with anything? He'd be 5th on my list. But he's NOWHERE CLOSE to being as good as my top 3.

So you don't watch or understand college football.

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 07:06 PM
So you don't watch or understand college football.

ROFL

You've turned into a full-blown moron.

How many times have you seen Nassib play?

Double that and you might be close to how many times I have.

FUCK OFF.

Messier
02-22-2013, 07:08 PM
ROFL

You've turned into a full-blown moron.

How many times have you seen Nassib play?

Double that and you might be close to how many times I have.

**** OFF.
Wow! A Nassib watching contest?

You're a joke.

O.city
02-22-2013, 07:10 PM
I see we have a good ol pissing contest going here.

Messier he was kidding

Htis stop with the bullshit

O.city
02-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Nassib has a lot of good qualities. A guy I really wouldn't mind in the third as a backup develop guy. He has some delivery problems need cleaning and he had to be made a ge manager for Syracuse to win more, but there is something there

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 08:34 PM
I see we have a good ol pissing contest going here.

Messier he was kidding

Htis stop with the bullshit

ROFL

Mr_Tomahawk
02-24-2013, 12:09 PM
NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy
Nassib is still throwing rainbows for deep balls, I see.