PDA

View Full Version : Life E-cigs

FlaChief58
01-13-2013, 02:32 PM
I decided that it's time to put down the cancer sticks for good. I had tried the cheap disposable ones with ok results. After talking to a few co-workers about the better quality ones, I decided to spend the money I would have spent on a carton of smokes and get one a couple of days ago. I have'nt had the urge to smoke a real cig since.

Has anyone else has success with these?

I really hope I'm done with those fucking things forever!

DaFace
01-13-2013, 02:37 PM
A friend of a friend has one of the nice ones that works like a vaporizer, and has liked it really well. Of course, he's been "smoking" that thing for 4-5 months now, so he hasn't kicked the habit entirely, but it's at least more healthy than the real ones from my understanding.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-13-2013, 02:38 PM
I quit for a month and never craved one. House got broken into and I started smoking again.

FlaChief58
01-13-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm know the nicotine will be hard to kick but, I'm hoping that if I can remove the physical addiction that I can deal with the chemical addiction later

Easy 6
01-13-2013, 02:43 PM
I've been wanting to switch over to those for a long time, seems like a win/win, get your fix with none of the adverse effects.

Chief Roundup
01-13-2013, 02:44 PM
E-cigs don't help a person to quit smoking. They are just a replacement that removes about 7000 carcinogens. You will still have the hand to mouth habit as well as the chemical additction.

DaFace
01-13-2013, 02:47 PM
If nothing else, I'll mention that whatever this guy was doing was much more pleasant for everyone around him. He didn't smell like a smoke stack and even took puffs inside from time to time (in my non-smoking house) that didn't bother me at all.

FlaChief58
01-13-2013, 02:49 PM
I've been wanting to switch over to those for a long time, seems like a win/win, get your fix with none of the adverse effects.

Sofar I'm happy with it (I have the vaporizer one). Another bonus is you can use it wherever you want when the urge strikes. My only advise is, buy a good one. Like I said the disposable ones are ok but, they did'nt keep me from smoking real cigs

Easy 6
01-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Sofar I'm happy with it (I have the vaporizer one). Another bonus is you can use it wherever you want when the urge strikes. My only advise is, buy a good one. Like I said the disposable ones are ok but, they did'nt keep me from smoking real cigs

Whats the brand, is it Blue, the one Stephen Dorf is hawking?

Psyko Tek
01-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Ihave one don't use it much
it semi worked can't find refills right now
used mine onna plane

FlaChief58
01-13-2013, 02:59 PM
This is mine, I'm not sure of the brand name, I threw the package away

Rasputin
01-13-2013, 03:03 PM

I've tried the disposable one cost 7 bucks. It lasted about two days, but I went back to smoking regular cancer sticks. I'd like to quit want to quit. A couple weeks ago I lasted a day and a half with out one but I was sick. I just keep smoking hoping to get the will power to just quit. Seems like the more I want to quit the more I smoke. Weird.

Maybe the more expensive vaporizer (good one) would be better for me? How much do they run?

FlaChief58
01-13-2013, 03:06 PM
I've tried the disposable one cost 7 bucks. It lasted about two days, but I went back to smoking regular cancer sticks. I'd like to quit want to quit. A couple weeks ago I lasted a day and a half with out one but I was sick. I just keep smoking hoping to get the will power to just quit. Seems like the more I want to quit the more I smoke. Weird.

Maybe the more expensive vaporizer (good one) would be better for me? How much do they run?

I spent $60 on mine, it included the charger,case and small bottle of flavored nicotine

Molitoth
01-13-2013, 03:19 PM
My buddy runs a kc store focused on these. Hit up him!

Www.totallyvaped.com

http://www.facebook.com/TotallyVapedKC

DaFace
01-13-2013, 03:20 PM

Www.totallyvaped.com

That word has a very different connotation in my corner of the world.

FlaChief58
01-13-2013, 03:23 PM

Www.totallyvaped.com

http://www.facebook.com/TotallyVapedKC

If you go there, click on the starter kits. Thats the one I have

NewChief
01-13-2013, 03:45 PM
That word has a very different connotation in my corner of the world.

No kidding.

FlaChief58
01-13-2013, 04:07 PM
E-cigs don't help a person to quit smoking. They are just a replacement that removes about 7000 carcinogens. You will still have the hand to mouth habit as well as the chemical additction.

Technically, if I don't buy any cigs, I will have quit. I've tried the gum, patches & cold turkey with little success, so if this works (sofar it seems to be moreso than any other method I've tried) I'd consider it a victory

Garcia Bronco
01-13-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm know the nicotine will be hard to kick but, I'm hoping that if I can remove the physical addiction that I can deal with the chemical addiction later

Stepping throught the process in the same manner. As long as I can get nicotine, that will keep me from wanting to kill people.

FlaChief58
01-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Stepping throught the process in the same manner. As long as I can get nicotine, that will keep me from wanting to kill people.

LMAO This all the way! The last time I tried, it got so bad, the Mrs actually bought me a pack (which she has NEVER done) and said "go have a smoke"

Kylo Ren
01-13-2013, 05:52 PM
I decided that it's time to put down the cancer sticks for good. I had tried the cheap disposable ones with ok results. After talking to a few co-workers about the better quality ones, I decided to spend the money I would have spent on a carton of smokes and get one a couple of days ago. I have'nt had the urge to smoke a real cig since.

Has anyone else has success with these?

I really hope I'm done with those ****ing things forever! I don't smoke. But, I eat too much and exercise too little. Maybe I should take up smoking?

crazycoffey
01-13-2013, 05:54 PM
people are running hash oil through these things now,

FlaChief58
01-13-2013, 05:59 PM
people are running hash oil through these things now,

You got a guy? Hook a brother up

FlaChief58
01-13-2013, 06:00 PM
I don't smoke. But, I eat too much and exercise too little. Maybe I should take up smoking?

An early grave may be just what the doctor ordered in your case :evil:

damaticous
01-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Been using ecigs for 5 years without smoking regular cigs.

I wanted something healthier than a regular cig. that's really up for debate, but logically I think they are safer.

I tried the gum, patches, cold turkey, etc, etc. Ecig was the only thing that has kept me from smoking regular cigs.

I'm still dependent on the nicotine, but the physical addiction and hand to mouth addiction are gone. I don't smell like an ash try anymore either.

I go to litecigusa.net and NHaler.com for most of my ecig supplies.

crazycoffey
01-13-2013, 08:37 PM
You got a guy? Hook a brother up

Oh I have, but not usually just for pot....

Thig Lyfe
01-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Why'd you start smoking in the first place, dum dum? SHAME 2 U

MOhillbilly
01-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Chewing gum helped me quit.

SLAG
01-15-2013, 01:07 PM
I tried a really good ecig back in October and from there made my resolution to switch at the start of the year.

I've been procrastinating and I finally picked up a blu ecig at wallgreens the disposable kind, and it pushed me to really switch.

I spent the better part of yesterday researching and learning and I finally settled to go with a E-Go C Twist battery from Joyetech - they are highly rated and all the reviews rave about them. And It was actually one of those that I tried back in Oct.

I bought some Clearomizers and some juice and I'm awaiting delivery but I think I'm going to be very happy to start off with.

if you're on the fence - try a blu disposable and realize there are better flavors but if you like it you can move up to a more solid battery and delivery system

I'm not an expert but I can try to answer any questions anyone might have

journeyscarab
01-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Buck: Hey, I stopped smoking cigarettes.
Cindy Russell: Oh, good.
Buck: Isn't that something? I'm on to cigars now. I'm on to a five-year plan. I eliminated cigarettes, then I go to cigars, then I go to pipes, then I go to chewing tobacco, then I'm on to that nicotine gum.

phisherman
01-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Cold turkey's the only way to go if you really want to quit. I hated being a slave to nicotine.

Whoarethechefs
01-15-2013, 01:56 PM
I've been vaping for a little longer than 3 months now, hav'nt craved a smoke since the first week, first week was a little hard, but the guys at Freedom Smoke USA helped me out.

They told me that the first bottle of juice I got at 18 mg nicotine wasnt potent enough so they jacked me up to 24 mg, and that did the trick. I just dropped it back down to 18 and it's still working, I figure I'll wait another 90 days and drop it down to 12.
In a year or two I'll be Nicotine free, lol

FlaChief58
01-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Cold turkey's the only way to go if you really want to quit. I hated being a slave to nicotine.

I've been a pack a day smoker 20+years and have tried to quit on many occasions. Sofar, this has been the first time I have'nt felt the urge to kill puppies. I applaude you for being able to quit cold turkey but, this is working for me and I'm confident that I will eventually be able to kick the habbit completly.

I have not had a cig since saturday

SLAG
01-17-2013, 04:35 PM
My E-Go Twists just came in

Here is my now current Vape Setup
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/321324_325912354179473_171052924_n.jpg

Fish
01-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Holy fuck that looks complicated. Can't you just snort it straight from the bottle?

Robert D. Ephius
01-17-2013, 04:56 PM
E-Swisher.com is my choice of e-dirt. Spend on avge. $7 a week. Still addicted to nicotine, but a much better alternative.

Plus, my wife loves it. I've been getting more dome since I don't smell like shit.

Red And Yellow
01-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Buck: Hey, I stopped smoking cigarettes.
Cindy Russell: Oh, good.
Buck: Isn't that something? I'm on to cigars now. I'm on to a five-year plan. I eliminated cigarettes, then I go to cigars, then I go to pipes, then I go to chewing tobacco, then I'm on to that nicotine gum.

I'm on step two of this process...

FlaChief58
01-18-2013, 06:54 AM
1 week cig free bump!

Rambozo
01-18-2013, 09:09 AM

Yep, I went cold turkey for four months and then had a couple of beers. I bought an e-cig and only used it when I drank. For the next two months I started using it all the the time. Last week, I started smoking again damnnit! Cold turkey is the way to go. Just quit and never fuck around with nicotine again.

phisherman
01-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Again, I'm not saying that everyone can quit cold turkey easily, but I HATED the fact that I was a slave to some chemical. Just because you're not smoking cigarettes anymore and have moved to e-cigs doesn't mean that you're still not addicted to some nasty chemical.

I like to be in control of myself 100%. An occasional beer or two doesn't hurt, but when I started snapping at people just because I hadn't had a smoke told me that something needed to change.

phisherman
01-18-2013, 09:22 AM
1 week cig free bump!

Good job, keep it up.

FlaChief58
01-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks, I've had no cravings for a cig at all. That was the best 60 bucks I've ever spent, I highly reccomend it for anyone trying to kick the habit.

I found this site where you can buy different strengths and flavors of e-liquids.

http://www.mister-e-liquid.com/

Note: I have no affiliation with the site, just trying to help anyone going through the same thing as me