PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Autopsy shows Belcher was drunk when he killed gf/himself

Titty Meat
01-14-2013, 11:06 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/14/4010286/autopsy-belcher-was-drunk-when.html

Rain Man
01-14-2013, 11:07 AM
That'll get him a suspension from the league office.

Smed1065
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/14/4010286/autopsy-belcher-was-drunk-when.html

SAUTO
but he most definitely was not when those cops stopped him...

Dante84
01-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Good work, cops.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-14-2013, 11:11 AM
but he most definitely was not when those cops stopped him...

technically it IS possible to not be drunk after drinking heavily. there is a small window between ingesting and metabolizing the alcohol.

L.A. Chieffan
01-14-2013, 11:12 AM

zing

rabblerouser
technically it IS possible to not be drunk after drinking heavily. there is a small window between ingesting and metabolizing the alcohol.

Me thinks that small window is shut when the drunkard has passed out in the parking lot with the car running.

I would assume.

memyselfI
But, but, but cops would NEVER let a drunk guy go based on who they are....:harumph:

Mr. Flopnuts
Holy fuck. There's going to be some fallout over this one with those cops. They didn't test his BAC. Wow!

SAUTO
01-14-2013, 11:13 AM

lol he had been passed out in the car for over an hour.

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Good work, cops.

Hey, I want the cops to fuck off and leave me alone when I'm drunk too.

It's just I don't get drunk and fuck around on my girl, leaving my 3 month old daughter alone with my mom when I have to be at work at 9 in the morning.

Somewhere in that sequence...ol' Jovan's 'personal accountability meter' malfunctioned.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-14-2013, 11:14 AM
lol he had been passed out in the car for over an hour.

just playing Devil's Advocate, but he could have been drinking in the car too.

Who knows, who cares. He's dead.

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 11:17 AM
just playing Devil's Advocate, but he could have been drinking in the car too.

Who knows, who cares. He's dead.

And that, boys and girls, friends and neighbors...is no one's 'fault' but Jovan Belcher's.

ptlyon
01-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Don't mean anything. He could have went into the gf's after, drank heavily, banged the fuck out of her, then went home to have his babys mother sniff his junk.

Thats when the fight started. Happens all the time.

htismaqe
01-14-2013, 11:20 AM
We should just give EVERY PERSON that gets pulled over a field sobriety test, whether they appear drunk or not.

Could save a life or two!

memyselfI
01-14-2013, 11:22 AM
We should just give EVERY PERSON that gets pulled over a field sobriety test, whether they appear drunk or not.

Hell yes we should if they are sleeping in a running car, a Bentley no less, in a part of town where that could get you killed...

htismaqe
01-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Hell yes we should if they are sleeping in a running car in a Bentley in a part of town where that could get you killed...

Oh, so now we're PROFILING?

:hmmm:

InChiefsHeaven
01-14-2013, 11:23 AM
cops found him at 2 am...then he shoots girlfriend at what...7 am? If he was that drunk when the cops roused him, I'd have to think they would have known it. Being at .17 5 hours after the cops got him means he had to be completely crocked when they had him. But, it's also believable that he got drunk again after the cops incident.

ptlyon
01-14-2013, 11:24 AM

Too late. They do that already.

memyselfI
01-14-2013, 11:24 AM

Just the facts, dear.

I don't care what color the person is. Only a drunk and/or crazy person would do that shit...

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 11:25 AM

profiling is WRONG.

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Too late. They do that already.

Sieg Heil, Comrade.

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Just the facts, dear.

I don't care what color the person is. Only a drunk and/or crazy person would do that shit...

No one mentioned color.

Racist.

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Don't mean anything. He could have went into the gf's after, drank heavily, banged the **** out of her, then went home to have his babys mother sniff his junk.

really, it's no big loss.

Hell, the kid probably has a chance at life now.

ptlyon
01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
The only question I have is where is this said Bentley & where can I buy it?

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 11:28 AM
The only question I have is where is this said Bentley & where can I buy it?

I'll bet it's cheap.

Chief_For_Life58
Don't mean anything. He could have went into the gf's after, drank heavily, banged the **** out of her, then went home to have his babys mother sniff his junk.

why u cominn homee at 6 in da morningggg...lemmme smell yoooo dickkkk

ptlyon
really, it's no big loss.

Hell, the kid probably has a chance at life now.

Making more than you & me

loochy
01-14-2013, 11:30 AM

Yup. I took advantage of that window all the time in college. Nail 4 shots, 10 minutes to the club, buzz upon entrance for free. High five!

memyselfI
01-14-2013, 11:30 AM
No one mentioned color.

Racist.

How do you profile without color? :hmmm:

loochy
01-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Hey do you think he got his name because he's always drunk and he belches a lot?

loochy
01-14-2013, 11:31 AM

They call jews a race and they are white.

memyselfI
01-14-2013, 11:32 AM

Right, so are Iranians. What is your point? It's still based on looks and that has to do with racial characteristics.

ptlyon
01-14-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm goin to D.C., D.C.here I come...

CoMoChief
01-14-2013, 11:34 AM

ROFL

Chief_For_Life58
01-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Yup. I took advantage of that window all the time in college. Nail 4 shots, 10 minutes to the club, buzz upon entrance for free. High five!

WINNING!!!!

CoMoChief
01-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Well no shit....he was passed out in the car when it was running in front of an ex gf's house.

translation

He was drunk.....wanted some ass......he was probably talking on the phone in his car making up a story to someone (possibly Perkins) and he passed out.

loochy
01-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Right, so are Iranians. What is your point? It's still based on looks and that has to do with racial characteristics.

You said color

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 11:39 AM

YOU mentioned it.

Someone said it was 'profiling'

You went :

Just the facts, dear.

YOU mentioned it.

No one mentioned anything about it until you did.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well to the internet...

But it's a pretty funny read from where I sit.

But you can profile without color : the car a person drives, their clothes, haircut, where they live, what music they listen to, who their parents are...hell, ANYTHING can be used for profiling purposes.

memyselfI
01-14-2013, 11:40 AM
You said color

Profiling is profiling. If you are doing it on looks then you are factoring in a person's color and/or race.

memyselfI
01-14-2013, 11:44 AM
YOU mentioned it.

Someone said it was 'profiling'

You went :

YOU mentioned it.

No one mentioned anything about it until you did.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well to the internet...

But it's a pretty funny read from where I sit.

But you can profile without color : the car a person drives, their clothes, haircut, where they live, what music they listen to, who their parents are...hell, ANYTHING can be used for profiling purposes.

Yes, but in this instance you have a young black man driving a car 99% of the public cannot afford. He's in an area that is high crime and he's parked in a running car.

Cops would have arrested a person probably 99.999% of the time in that case regardless of what they looked like. In this instance they did not because of who he was. You can bet as they were approaching the car, ESPECIALLY WITH NEW TAGS and not yet registered, they were not planning on just checking on driver and leaving the scene.

If they were convinced he wasn't impaired then why didn't they allow him to drive home?

loochy
01-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Profiling is profiling. If you are doing it on looks then you are factoring in a person's color and/or race.

YOU ARE A RACIST

JUST LIKE RANDY MARSH

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0L-_aq_UMRI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Yes, but in this instance you have a young black man driving a car 99% of the public cannot afford. He's in an area that is high crime and he's parked in a running car.

HE couldn't even afford that car - it was worth more than the house he was LEASING.

Cops would have arrested a person probably 99.999% of the time in that case regardless of what they looked like. In this instance they did not because of who he was. You can bet as they were approaching the car, ESPECIALLY WITH NEW TAGS, they were not planning on just checking on driver and leaving the scene.

Sure, it was suspicious...but the fact is, if he wasn't driving and had not been witnessed driving intoxicated...then he didn't commit a crime and the police actually did the right thing by letting him go on about his business.

They had no idea he was going to do what he did, and his behavior around KCPD obviously did not warrant him being detained in any way.

You can't blame the cops - that's just stupid.

If they were convinced he wasn't impaired then why didn't they allow him to drive home?

Probably because once he made contact with someone inside, they let him come in. That's what police are SUPPOSED to do - arrest someone as a LAST RESORT.

Dude went inside and, as for as KCPD was concerned, off 'the street' and not posing any imminent threat.

What Jovan Belcher did is on him and him ALONE.

memyselfI
01-14-2013, 11:52 AM
YOU ARE A RACIST

JUST LIKE RANDY MARSH

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0L-_aq_UMRI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No, I'm a realist. People make judgements based on what someone looks like. Everyone does. Some people are just better at lying about it.

memyselfI
01-14-2013, 11:55 AM
HE couldn't even afford that car - it was worth more than the house he was LEASING.

Sure, it was suspicious...but the fact is, if he wasn't driving had not been witnessed driving intoxicated...then he didn't commit a crime and the police actually did the right thing by letting him go on about his business.

They had no idea he was going to do what he did, and his behavior around KCPD obviously did not warrant him being detained in any way.

You can't blame the cops - that's just stupid.

Probably because once he made contact with someone inside, they let him come in. That's what police are SUPPOSED to do - arrest someone as a LAST RESORT.

Dude went inside and, as for as KCPD was concerned, off 'the street' and no posing any imminent threat.

What Jovan Belcher did is on him and him ALONE.

Agreed, and my disdain for the cops inaction has less to do with what he would potentially do and more for the fact that he was treated differently because of what he does. Not even who he was. If anything, I hope it causes cops pause to take situations like this more seriously in the future. If they do their jobs then Belcher is embarrassed and possibly suspended. That doesn't mean Belcher doesn't kill her at some other time and point. He may have that is why it's not right to blame them for his actions. But we can ask why he was treated differently and demand that it not happen again. They work for us and should be accountable to us.

loochy
01-14-2013, 11:56 AM
They work for us and should be accountable to us.

No, they only work for the big corporations and the 1%

/bump

okoye35chiefs
01-14-2013, 11:59 AM
they should ban alcohol

ptlyon
01-14-2013, 12:03 PM
they should ban alcohol

It's what makes us tolerate me me

Dayze
01-14-2013, 12:07 PM
was it a high capacity beer?

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 12:08 PM
they should ban alcohol

Only above 3.5%

That's the really dangerous beer.

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 12:09 PM

ROFL

It was Cammo...and we all know those cans make you drink more.

8% beer in a camoflauge can is WAY more dangerous than 5% in a regular can.

okoye35chiefs
01-14-2013, 12:09 PM
semi automatic refill

htismaqe
01-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Agreed, and my disdain for the cops inaction has less to do with what he would potentially do and more for the fact that he was treated differently because of what he does.

He was not.

Dozens of potentially drunk people get let go EVERY NIGHT in EVERY CITY in America.

htismaqe
01-14-2013, 12:11 PM
WE NEED A POLICE STATE.

Isn't it obvious?

Mr. Plow
01-14-2013, 12:13 PM
It's pretty bad when Smed can link an article better than you.

memyselfI
01-14-2013, 12:14 PM
He was not.

Dozens of potentially drunk people get let go EVERY NIGHT in EVERY CITY in America.

Source?

htismaqe
01-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Source?

Personal experience.

Seen it happen dozens of times.

Chief_For_Life58
semi automatic refill

:clap:ROFLROFLROFL

Dayze
ROFL

It was Cammo...and we all know those cans make you drink more.

8% beer in a camoflauge can is WAY more dangerous than 5% in a regular can.

ROFL\
dude, you ever tried Cammo?
good god. I tried on on a dare, and I couldn't even muscle the entire thing down. the only time that's happened with ANY beer.

Plus "Cammo" rhymes with "Ammo".....coincidence?...I think not.

memyselfI
Personal experience.

Every night in every city in America? Wow, that is impressive.

God would be impressed with those powers. :D

SAUTO
01-14-2013, 12:16 PM
He was not.

do the cops joke with them about what they do and how expensive their cars are though?

CoMoChief
01-14-2013, 12:17 PM
ROFL\
good god. I tried on on a dare, and I couldn't even muscle the entire thing down. the only time that's happened with ANY beer.

If you take cat piss, vinegar, and gasoline...mixed it and then drank it....it'd prob taste a lot better than cammo

Dayze
01-14-2013, 12:18 PM
If you take cat piss, vinegar, and gasoline...mixed it and then drank it....it'd prob taste a lot better than cammo

topped with a little Valvoline
sort of like a Carmel Macchiato at Starbucks.

htismaqe
01-14-2013, 12:21 PM
do the cops joke with them about what they do and how expensive their cars are though?

Yeah, have seen that too. I happened to be riding in a 64 1/2 convertible Mustang though and they only made like 15000 of them.

notorious
01-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Holy ****. There's going to be some fallout over this one with those cops. They didn't test his BAC. Wow!

JasonAuto, Myself, and (gulp) Memyself were saying this when it all went down.

It will get ugly.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2013, 12:26 PM

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Personal experience.

I don't know where you live most municipalities need the income generated from DUI's.

I have never met anyone who was stopped by the police, while drunk or previously drinking, that wasn't arrested for a DUI.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Belcher, at 245 pounds, would have needed to drink eight beers and have seven 2 ounce shots in a four hour period to reach a BAC of .017.

That's a lot of alcohol.

Saul Good
01-14-2013, 12:35 PM
I don't know where you live most municipalities need the income generated from DUI's.

I have never met anyone who was stopped by the police, while drunk or previously drinking, that wasn't arrested for a DUI.

Nice to meet you.

Now you have.

Saul Good
01-14-2013, 12:36 PM

You shouldn't be able to purchase beer in a pack that holds more than four cans. Anything above that is high capacity and should be banned.

Titty Meat
01-14-2013, 12:38 PM
He got off because he was a Chiefs player I know a KCPD officer who said you would be surprised what those guys get away with at clubs.

gblowfish
01-14-2013, 12:39 PM

Say What???

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Nice to meet you.

Now you have.

Wow, good thing you didn't get busted.

I would never drink and drive. I always cab it if it's possible I'll drink. Not only is it extremely dangerous, a DUI in L.A. County will run between $15-20k plus the loss of a driver's license for a year.

$20 dollars on a cab is tame in comparison.

Dayze
01-14-2013, 12:42 PM
You shouldn't be able to purchase beer in a pack that holds more than four cans. Anything above that is high capacity and should be banned.

beer consumed out of a glass is fine.

beer consumed out of a glass with a handle will be banned.

Titty Meat
01-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Wow, good thing you didn't get busted.

I would never drink and drive. I always cab it if it's possible I'll drink. Not only is it extremely dangerous, a DUI in L.A. County will run between $15-20k plus the loss of a driver's license for a year.

$20 dollars on a cab is tame in comparison.

You ever seen how the cabbies in kc drive?

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2013, 12:44 PM
You ever seen how the cabbies in kc drive?

Well, I rarely make it back there. The last time I was in a cab in KC was probably 1991 or 1992 and it seemed normal to me. Definitely less crazy than Manhattan or Los Angeles.

Dayze
01-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Well, I rarely make it back there. The last time I was in a cab in KC was probably 1991 or 1992 and it seemed normal to me. Definitely less crazy than Manhattan or Los Angeles.

you ever seen Whitlock drive to Gates?

Titty Meat
01-14-2013, 12:46 PM

They drive like fucking maniacs and clog up the streets fuck them.

Brock
01-14-2013, 12:47 PM

ROFL

Marcellus
It may have been posted already but is Costas going to come out with an opinion statement on outlawing alcohol?

The Franchise

I have at least twice.

Been let go after drinking and driving that is.

Not proud of it....and after the second time.....I stopped.

Dayze
01-14-2013, 12:48 PM
It may have been posted already but is Costas going to come out with an opinion statement on outlawing alcohol?

no, becasuse that would require him to stop drinking his White Zinfendel

htismaqe
01-14-2013, 12:48 PM

We have speed cameras here. The revenue they generate from people creeping into right hand turns outweighs everything else.

SAUTO
01-14-2013, 12:56 PM
JasonAuto, Myself, and (gulp) Memyself were saying this when it all went down.

It will get ugly.

i feel a little dirty agreeing with her...

SAUTO
01-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Belcher, at 245 pounds, would have needed to drink eight beers and have seven 2 ounce shots in a four hour period to reach a BAC of .017.

That's a lot of alcohol.
i drank more than that saturday night...

DJ's left nut
01-14-2013, 01:15 PM
ROFL\

Yup, grabbed a big can of Cammo XXL extra malt or some crap like that once when it was 2 in the morning and we were trying to find the worst beer we could find at a gas station.

I won.

That stuff tastes like ass-water that's sat in a horse-trough for a week. Its this bizarre combination of dank malt and aluminum can.

Man it is awful.

HolyHat
01-14-2013, 01:18 PM

Roger Goodell fines Zoey's trust fund 10k

DJ's left nut
01-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Found it:

http://www.artzberger.com/BeerCans/newcans/canpics/Camo_Black_Xtra_001.jpg

Do not drink this beer. It's the higher ABV stuff and mostly it just tasted like a half-shot of well whiskey being dumped into the worst beer you've ever found.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2013, 01:22 PM
i drank more than that saturday night...

But did you drive?

:D

The point I was trying to make was for those people who said "Maybe he drank after the cops told him to go into the apartment", that's a fuck ton to drink between 3am and 7am.

I'm guessing he drank a lot more than that prior.

DeezNutz
01-14-2013, 01:22 PM
mostly it just tasted like a half-shot of well whiskey being dumped into the worst beer you've ever found.

As if this is going to dissuade KC fans. Fuck, I think you just crafted the best marketing slogan for this swill.

Expect sales to spike as this brew corners the balding, goatee wearing demographic.

DJ's left nut
01-14-2013, 01:26 PM
As if this is going to dissuade KC fans. Fuck, I think you just crafted the best marketing slogan for this swill.

Expect sales to spike as this brew corners the balding, goatee wearing demographic.

Nah - to get that far you'd have to add "Cold-filtered through the ass-crack of an OD'd 250 lb stripper and served out of an ash tray"....

....come to think of it, that's probably a fair addition to the marketing slogan for Camo Black.

Titty Meat
01-14-2013, 01:28 PM

Those are the best when you catch a wiff of vagina juice coming from it.

DeezNutz
01-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Nah - to get that far you'd have to add "Cold-filtered through the ass-crack of an OD'd 250 lb stripper and served out of an ash tray"....

....come to think of it, that's probably a fair addition to the marketing slogan for Camo Black.

I'd tailgate with it...

Fish
01-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Found it:

Do not drink this beer. It's the higher ABV stuff and mostly it just tasted like a half-shot of well whiskey being dumped into the worst beer you've ever found.

I'm calling bullshit. It's clearly printed right on the can "Special Reserve" "Ultra Premium"...

I mean, you don't just give shitty beer two distinct adjectives like that. "Ultra" and "Premium".

InChiefsHeaven
01-14-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm calling bullshit. It's clearly printed right on the can "Special Reserve" "Ultra Premium"...

I mean, you don't just give shitty beer two distinct adjectives like that. "Ultra" and "Premium".

Plus they have to tell the truth...they can't lie...not on their own label anyway...

seclark
01-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Found it:

most powerful puke i ever had was after drinking 3/4 can of that shit. i'd no sooner set the can down then whoosh...right out the mouth and nose. splattered the poor dog and she was about 6feet in front of me. came close to blowing out my o-ring too.

never again.
sec

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Source?

It's happened to me on more than one occaision.

Once, I was tripping on acid after a Black Crowes concert in St. Louis...long story short, the cops had ME drive from the sobriety checkpoint because I blew .0771 and my buddy who was driving was at like .09...

Another time, after Kid Rock and Tenacious D at Municipal Auditorium, I had been pulled over for driving with no headlights, shit you not. I was young and stupid (may not have been of legal age, even) and had a traffic warrant from Lee's Summit...open containers in a car that reeked of marijuana...and I drove home that night.

See, if you don't act like a jackass, have some composure, and aren't slurring your words or otherwise visably inebriated, most cops have way more important things to deal with.

Now, I don't find myself in those situations anymore, and the world has indeed changed a bit since then...but usually, cops aren't usually out just trying to fuck up everyone's day or night - usually, they just give a person enough rope to fuck it up for themselves.

Like, Jovan Belcher, for instance; cool enough to talk to the police, cool enough to get the neighbor to let him in at 4AM...but not cool enough to talk to your 'baby momma' or what the fuck ever a couple hours later??

(enter Cris Carter soundbyte here:) Come on, man!!!

Still, my ultimate point is simple. He had a 3 month old at home, and had to be at work at 9AM the next day to prepare for a game against the Carolina Panthers in less than 36 hours...and shithead Belcher was out clubbin'.

Fuck him.

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 02:12 PM
ROFL\

I CAN'T drink that shit!! It won't go down; my body rejects it outright...

:Lin:

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 02:14 PM

do yourself a favor and put it to the test!!

Make sure that it's Ultra AND Premium...

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 02:14 PM
:Lin:most powerful puke i ever had was after drinking 3/4 can of that shit. i'd no sooner set the can down then whoosh...right out the mouth and nose. splattered the poor dog and she was about 6feet in front of me. came close to blowing out my o-ring too.

never again.
sec

DJ's left nut
01-14-2013, 02:16 PM

Maybe they were thinking fuel.

Because I'm sure the sensation of drinking it is similar to drinking 'ultra premium' octane from QT...

rabblerouser

Hey there.

okoye35chiefs
no, becasuse that would require him to stop drinking his White Zinfendel

out of a box in his fridge

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 02:17 PM

Only in FROSTED mugs.

rabblerouser
01-14-2013, 02:20 PM
But did you drive?

The point I was trying to make was for those people who said "Maybe he drank after the cops told him to go into the apartment", that's a **** ton to drink between 3am and 7am.

You're right - I would assume he was pretty sloshy when the cops got there, may have had a drink or two in the apt...

But a .08 'legal drunk' and being out of your GD mind are completely different scenarios.

Fish
01-14-2013, 02:24 PM
do yourself a favor and put it to the test!!

Make sure that it's Ultra AND Premium...

I was totally joking. I've had one before, and I'd describe it as a combination of smegma and sweat from the ass crack of a musk ox.

Titty Meat
01-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Maybe they were thinking fuel.

Because I'm sure the sensation of drinking it is similar to drinking 'ultra premium' octane from QT...

Your exprrience seems similar to mine but instead of drinking the nastiest drink we would try to fuck the fattest chick at the bar.

Dayze
01-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Your exprrience seems similar to mine but instead of drinking the nastiest drink we would try to **** the fattest chick at the bar.

I partied with Omaha one night; had the same sort of scenario. we had to find the skinniest chick we could find to bang.

I thought I had won, until I realized I was trying to get into the pants of a Coat Rack.

Titty Meat
01-14-2013, 03:35 PM
I partied with Omaha one night; had the same sort of scenario. we had to find the skinniest chick we could find to bang.

I thought I had won, until I realized I was trying to get into the pants of a Coat Rack.

I once saw pics of Omaha and a worm.

SAUTO
01-14-2013, 03:37 PM
But did you drive?

The point I was trying to make was for those people who said "Maybe he drank after the cops told him to go into the apartment", that's a fuck ton to drink between 3am and 7am.

FUCK NO. i think i already told you my lucky break several years ago.

i will never drive after cracking one open again

Dayze
01-14-2013, 03:39 PM
I was stupid once. went to get more beer -....cause you I needed more lol - I was returning to base; got about 1 mile from base, and got pulled over.

I was coorporative, blew like a .085 or something like that. Though, I had a lot more than what the breathalyzer thing read. I was shocked it wasn't higher.

Cop said "I'll give you two choices. You've been cooperative. I can either take you to jail, or take you to your Duty Officer of your squadron". I chose the latter.

...and I was only 19 at the time. Don't think the cop even saw that piece. Lucky.
but did get a good a** chewing whilst standing tall with the CO.

KChiefer
01-14-2013, 03:39 PM

Coat racks are so easy. They're always tipsy.

Dayze
01-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Coat racks are so easy. They're always tipsy.

usually have a bunch of other dudes hanging all over them too

The Franchise
01-14-2013, 03:45 PM
I was stupid once. went to get more beer -....cause you I needed more lol - I was returning to base; got about 1 mile from base, and got pulled over.

I was coorporative, blew like a .085 or something like that. Though, I had a lot more than what the breathalyzer thing read. I was shocked it wasn't higher.

Cop said "I'll give you two choices. You've been cooperative. I can either take you to jail, or take you to your Duty Officer of your squadron". I chose the latter.

...and I was only 19 at the time. Don't think the cop even saw that piece. Lucky.
but did get a good a** chewing whilst standing tall with the CO.

I got out of a DUI simply because I was in the military. I probably shouldn't have....but I did.

I was back from my deployment for like a month....went out drinking with my friends. Definitely shouldn't have drove home....but I did. Cop pulled me over and as he's walking up to my window...he sees my deployment bags in the back seat. He asks to see my military ID and drivers license. He asks if I just got back and I told him yes. He gave me my stuff back and told me to go straight home.

Dayze
01-14-2013, 03:51 PM
mine happened a day before we were due to go on a quick 20 day detachment in Vagas; nice little hanger the next day.

so, in typical youthful fashion, a bunch of us got together to get beer and drink it our hotel room a few days after. we scored a 6 pack of some regular beer, and then some that was made with chili's/jalepenos just for fun; horrible.

then later that night, two guys got into it about if a guy would get his tongue pierced. in double-dog-dare scenario, buy #2 said he'd get a prince albert if the other guy got his tongue done. Sadly, guy #1 did it. And not being a bet welcher, guy #2 other guy got his weiner done. I had to watch.....I nearly passed out. in through the pee hole, and out the bottom.

.....needless to say, later when guy #2 had to pee - not only did the blood clot hurt a bit, the chili beer didn't help matters either.

good times.

htismaqe
01-14-2013, 03:58 PM
I got out of a DUI simply because I was in the military. I probably shouldn't have....but I did.

I was back from my deployment for like a month....went out drinking with my friends. Definitely shouldn't have drove home....but I did. Cop pulled me over and as he's walking up to my window...he sees my deployment bags in the back seat. He asks to see my military ID and drivers license. He asks if I just got back and I told him yes. He gave me my stuff back and told me to go straight home.

YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN DETAINED! A LIFE COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED!

Saul Good
01-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Redacted for human decency.

Don't ever tell that story again.

sedated
01-14-2013, 04:09 PM

You must’ve missed my thread that almost got me neg repp’d into oblivion. I was probably around the legal limit, with heavy drinking earlier in the day combined with stopping for a couple of hours prior to driving – who knows where I was on the scale. Cop pulled me over across the street from my house (for a broken light, not crazy driving), but let me go after commenting that he smelled alcohol.

I don’t do it anymore, got sick of being in and/or risking legal trouble. But I do have issues with the dismissive “$20 cab ride is a lot less expensive than a DUI” argument:

1. Yeah, but driving home yourself is free. And $20 (or $30, or $40) every time you want to go out adds up pretty fast for those people that don’t make 6 figures.

2. Getting your car the next day is a pain, especially if you live alone.

3. In cities like KC, the cab ride is generally a lot more than $20. From my house in OP to a friend in Olathe was $40, and that’s one suburb to another, not even going all the way downtown.

4. If I’m sloshed, yeah I’ll call a cab. But its much more frequent to be questionable – had a few beers but spaced them out and is clueless where you are on the BAC meter. Likely what happened to Gary Pinkel.

SAUTO
01-14-2013, 04:16 PM
again i'm dropping whatever it takes to get where ever i'm going.

BUT i have a little more reason to have a driver's license than most do...

Dayze
01-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Don't ever tell that story again.

ROFL

Just in case you get a hankerin'.

http://www.holidaywinecellar.com/images/Product/large/8063.jpg

BlackHelicopters
01-14-2013, 04:49 PM
.17 at 7:45 a.m. Wow.

Phobia
01-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Nice to meet you.

Now you have.

It's been 25 years, but yeah. I got let off once too.

Phobia
01-14-2013, 04:51 PM
.17 at 7:45 a.m. Wow.

Nah - more like 10 AM when the ME got to him to draw some blood.

Bump
01-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Holy ****. There's going to be some fallout over this one with those cops. They didn't test his BAC. Wow!

newsflash! local sports stars and celebrities get special treatment!

loochy
01-14-2013, 05:01 PM
newsflash! local sports stars and celebrities get special treatment!

* and hot girls

htismaqe
01-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Nah - more like 10 AM when the ME got to him to draw some blood.

His BAC isn't going to go down dramatically post-mortem, since his liver ceased to function shortly after he shot himself.

Canofbier
01-14-2013, 06:12 PM
I found this comment on the Deadspin post regarding this story:

"I don't know if any of the major media outlets have picked up on this, but the officer that let Belcher go in the middle of the night despite him being obviously drunk was actually the highest-ranking official at the KCPD.
It might surprise some that this cop sucked at his job, but it's actually a prerequisite of being a Kansas City Chief."

LMAO

Ace Gunner
01-14-2013, 06:17 PM
the "superman drug" strikes again.

WilliamTheIrish
01-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Todd Haley could get a roster drunker than that with 22 guys off the street.

WilliamTheIrish
01-15-2013, 11:48 AM
This is the Patriot Way of getting the "right .17"