PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What are your favorite rival losses of all time?

-King-
01-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Doesn't necessarily have to be a Chiefs rival or even an NFL team. Which loss by another team made you happiest?

How high does the Denver loss this year rank?

texaschiefsfan
01-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Denver's latest collapse was pretty damn special. Although, their loss to Jacksonville in '96 was pretty sweet too.

I'm happy with any loss by the Cowboys as well, but that's only because I live around a bunch of delusional Dallas fans.

RunKC
01-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Any of the Denver SB losses. They thought they were a dynasty back then but got embarrassed on the biggest stage in front of the entire world.

The Franchise
01-14-2013, 05:17 PM
The Patriots missing out on the perfect season.

Bugeater
01-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Oakland getting destroyed in the Super Bowl, The "Tuck Rule" game and Denver losing to Jacksonville in '96.

Bugeater
01-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Shit, can't believe I didn't think about that. It was the greatest loss in the history of the NFL.

Crush
01-14-2013, 05:22 PM
1. The recent Donkey choke against Baltimore.
2. The Donkey playoff loss to Jacksonville.
3. Donkey playoff loss to Pittsburgh.
4. Mavericks beating the Heat in the NBA Finals.
5. Anytime the Yankees choke in the playoffs.

stonedstooge
01-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Any Beaker "Good Loss" as designated by their fans

Crush
01-14-2013, 05:23 PM

Completely forgot about that. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face that day.

GoChargers
01-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Tyree shitting on the Patsies
Raiders getting owned by the coach they traded away in the SB
Donks choking in 1996 and 2013
The Chargers shocking the Steelers in '94
The Chiefs somehow losing to Erik Kramer

Non-NFL:
Any game/series that the Lakers lose
Any Boston team losing
Any Yankees chokejob

Mi_chief_fan
01-14-2013, 05:24 PM
There were bigger games, but the one that stands out to me: Chiefs-Raiders, MNF 1997?: Grbac to Rison. Completely destroyed that franchise for 2 years.

RunKC
01-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Well since we're going outside the division, I'll add the greatest collapse in sports history.

I'm no Red Sox fan, but watching them come back in that series to destroy the motherfucking Yankees was one of the greatest feelings ever.

gblowfish
01-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Denver getting totally destroyed by the 49ers in the SB.
Oakland losing to the Immaculate Reception.
Miami beating Dallas in the Leon Lett snow game.
Jacksonville beating Denver in Denver in the playoffs.
NYG ending Patriots perfect season with SB upset.
Bills losing SB because of Norwood's missed FG.
Tennessee one yard short of winning the SB vs. St. Louis.
NY Jets (Namath) beating Baltimore in SB III.

This last loss by Denver in double OT was sweet too. One of my favorites.

ChiefsLV
01-14-2013, 05:25 PM
The Chargers collapses with Marty were some of my favorites, especially when the Jets beat them.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Yesterday's Denver game. Nearly the entire fanbase had their tickets punched to the AFC Championship.
Bartman game for the Cubbos

rockymtnchief
01-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Denver losing the SB to the Redskins. Both of my bosses at the time were Denver nut huggers and bragging and screaming when Denver took an early lead.

GoChargers
The Chargers collapses with Marty were some of my favorites, especially when the Jets beat them.

Ugh, thanks for reminding me of that. Nate Kaeding should have been flat-out cut after THAT game, but somehow that douchenozzle managed to stick around long enough to single-handedly blow ANOTHER playoff game against the goddamn Jets.

Ceej
Refresh my memory.

But, recently, wasn't there a game in Denver against SF (?) where Denver would clinch a playoff spot if they won?

They lost, KC won, and KC made the playoffs.

Maybe mid-2000s?

tk13
01-14-2013, 05:33 PM
A forgotten one... but the year we made the playoffs with Herm. We needed a million different things to happen on the final day, and it played out perfectly during the early games... leaving Denver vs. San Francisco. Which was the biggest longshot of the day... the Niners weren't very good. And it was in Denver, and somehow the Niners won on a FG. Put the Chiefs in the playoffs and knocked the Broncos out.

Ceej
01-14-2013, 05:33 PM
A forgotten one... but the year we made the playoffs with Herm. We needed a million different things to happen on the final day, and it played out perfectly during the early games... leaving Denver vs. San Francisco. The Niners weren't very good. And it was in Denver, and somehow the Niners won on a FG. Put the Chiefs in the playoffs and knocked the Broncos out.

Q!

GoChargers
01-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Thought of another one.

http://www.opus-photography.net/smilies/caps/2008/CutlerFace.jpg

Crush
01-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Refresh my memory.

But, recently, wasn't there a game in Denver against SF (?) where Denver would clinch a playoff spot if they won?

Maybe mid-2000s?

That was 2006. The funny thing is that the Chiefs beat SF 41-0 earlier in the year.

Crush
01-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Thought of another one.

http://www.opus-photography.net/smilies/caps/2008/CutlerFace.jpg

Nice.

Ceej
01-14-2013, 05:41 PM
That was 2006. The funny thing is that the Chiefs beat SF 41-0 earlier in the year.

I remember that game real well. My buddy is a huge 9ers fan. We decided to make the game into a drinking game. That same afternoon we had a coed softball game. LMAO

Didn't Priest and Blaylock score like 6 rushing TDs?

gooch
01-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Raiders losing the SB Will always make me smile when I think about it..lol

Demonpenz
01-14-2013, 05:48 PM
I remember that game real well. My buddy is a huge 9ers fan. We decided to make the game into a drinking game. That same afternoon we had a coed softball game. LMAO

Didn't Priest and Blaylock score like 6 rushing TDs?

LJ mania

ThaVirus
01-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Well the recent Broncos collapse would be ranked at number 1 for me.. And my legitimate football watching days only go back to the early 2000s so I haven't had the experiences as many of you, but any time the Cowboys or Eagles (pretty much all of my close friends are either DAL or PHI fans) lose I'm a happy camper. The bigger the stage and more important the game the better!

EDIT: Also loved NE being denied the perfect season. Might as well throw on any big upset while I'm at it. I'm really tired of seeing the Pats and Steelers win everything so I was particularly happy about PIT missing out on the playoffs this season.

Rasputin
01-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Joe Montana beating John Horseface in Mile High.

Marcus Allen scoring his 100 career TD & beating the Raiders in doing it. Al Davis face priceless

The Dante Hall punt return to give us victory over the Donks. I was at that game. Never yelled so hard and much in my life. After the game doing the Tamahawk chop & walking on air going down the spiral exit ramp. FNFNA

1988 Super Bowl XXII Redskins with Doug Williams destroyed the Donks with Elway 42 - 10

KC Dan
01-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Didn't Priest and Blaylock score like 6 rushing TDs?I believe that was the Bears game

GoChargers
01-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Another favorite:

http://i.imgur.com/7gYIz.png

Bonus schadenfreude for Chiefs fans: Casshole threw a pick, got sacked four times, and was stuffed at 4th-and-goal from the 1 in that game.

Rasputin
01-14-2013, 05:56 PM

I was at that game. We kicked their ass with LOL HUARD. I don't think he did anything special but several screens with out throwing ints in them.

Ceej
01-14-2013, 05:57 PM
I believe that was the Bears game

I think you're right.

Can't believe that was nearly six years ago.

Ceej
01-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Anyway, my vote is for when SF beat Denver @ home and KC snuck into the playoffs.

The Franchise
01-14-2013, 06:03 PM

That was against the Falcons (who had the #1 rushing defense at the time).

Ceej
01-14-2013, 06:04 PM

Man, I'm batting fucking 0% in this thread.

Can't remember who they played and when.

LMAO

KC Dan
01-14-2013, 06:06 PM
That was against the Falcons (who had the #1 rushing defense at the time).Yep, that's right. 2004....It has been too long

ThaVirus
01-14-2013, 06:07 PM

If that's the game he's talking about Preist and Blaylock had 8 TDs total, 4 each..

Rain Man
01-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Every loss by Elway in a Super Bowl. I particularly enjoyed the one where he lost by 80 points or so, and at the end of the game the 49ers were doing trick passes for scores like bouncing passes off cheerleaders and stuff.

KC Dan
01-14-2013, 06:08 PM
If that's the game he's talking about Preist and Blaylock had 8 TDs total, 4 each..Yeah, it was like 56-10 or something close to that

BlackHelicopters
01-14-2013, 06:13 PM
N.E. not having a perfect season was sweet justice.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Refresh my memory.

Maybe mid-2000s?

Yeah, that was the first game I thought of. I couldn't remember what year it was (someone else mentioned 2006). The Chiefs beat the Jaguars but had to have help from like five teams to get into the playoffs, and sure enough all five teams lost, including Denver losing to the awful, awful 49ers. It was hilarious.

Of course, the Chiefs went on to play the most boring game in history in their playoff loss to Indianapolis, but it was still funny.

Ceej
01-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Yeah, that was the first game I thought of. I couldn't remember what year it was (someone else mentioned 2006). The Chiefs beat the Jaguars but had to have help from like five teams to get into the playoffs, and sure enough all five teams lost, including Denver losing to the awful, awful 49ers. It was hilarious.

Of course, the Chiefs went on to play the most boring game in history in their playoff loss to Indianapolis, but it was still funny.

Yeah. KC beat Jax like 35-28, or 38-34, along those lines during the early wave of games.

I remember Denver blowing it against SF in the later round of games.

I remember opening my front door and just screaming, "FUCK YESSSSS!!" as loud as humanly possible.

That was a great day of football.

KChiefer
01-14-2013, 06:36 PM
49ers beating Broncos on NYE to get us into the playoffs.
Chris Weber calling the timeout in the National Campionship.
Bill Self getting bounced early in his first years at Kansas.

Any NFCW or Pats, Yankees or Cubs, OSU or UNC, or Lakers loss will likely get a thumbs up from me.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-14-2013, 06:40 PM
I'll have to add the Faid losing Chucky and then being pisspounded by him in the Super Bowl, hehheh.

Frazod
01-14-2013, 06:51 PM

Yep. And all we heard about all week long was how the Chiefs had no chance of containing Vick. LMAO

Frazod
01-14-2013, 06:52 PM
And my favorite enemy beatdown was the 55-10 ass-whuppin Montana laid on Denver in the Super Bowl.

InChiefsHeaven
01-14-2013, 06:55 PM
ONe of many, the Chiefs defeat the Ravens in Arrowhead I think. I really just remember Ray Lewis crying that "They CAN'T be double teaming me, they can't!" Or something to that effect. He was mic'd up for the game and got clowned by Will Shields and I think T-Rich.

beach tribe
01-14-2013, 07:05 PM

Falcons.

Nzoner
01-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Raiders to Bucs in Super Bowl

Donks to Ravens last Saturday

Hawks to N Iowa in NCAA Tourney

AirForceChief
01-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Easy one for me: Superbowl XXII - Washington crushes the Donks. I was working at a retail furniture store in Wichita. My manager (born and raised in Denver) made us wear Broncos T-Shirts. Knowing my allegiance to KC, she made me wear one proclaiming Broncos AFC West Champs. Store was pretty dead, and the game was on all the TVs.

She was reveling in the 10-0 lead the Donkey's had after the first quarter...then BAM! 35 unanswered points hung on Denver by Doug Williams and the Redskin offense in the second quarter. Best blowout Superbowl ever: Redskins 42 - Broncos 10.

chefsos
01-14-2013, 07:22 PM
I think 55-10 would be it, as others have said. I'll always remember where I was for that one, not because of the game though. My dad had a heart attack that January, on my birthday, and I saw some of the game in his hospital room. Every time I looked up it seemed that the 9ers were scoring.

Dad recovered nicely and is still kicking today, BTW.

Nzoner
01-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Easy one for me: Superbowl XXII - Washington crushes the Donks. I was working at a retail furniture store in Wichita. My manager (born and raised in Denver) made us wear Broncos T-Shirts. Knowing my allegiance to KC, she made me wear one proclaiming Broncos AFC West Champs. Store was pretty dead, and the game was on all the TVs.

She was reveling in the 10-0 lead the Donkey's had after the first quarter...then BAM! 35 unanswered points hung on Denver by Doug Williams and the Redskin offense in the second quarter. Best blowout Superbowl ever: Redskins 42 - Broncos 10.

I was fortunate enough to see that game in person and it was hilarious watching Denver fans leaving in disgust at halftime. ROFL

Rain Man
01-14-2013, 08:15 PM
I was fortunate enough to see that game in person and it was hilarious watching Denver fans leaving in disgust at halftime. ROFL

What kind of person leaves a Super Bowl at halftime? I could see non-fan rich people leaving because it's boring to watch an Elway big-game choke, but it's hard to imagine any real fan leaving.

CoMoChief
01-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Norfolk St was absolutely hilarious last year. MU actually got a taste what it was like to get Bucknell'd.

redfan
01-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Not exactly a rival, but that 1985 World Series sure was fun.

Rausch
01-14-2013, 08:22 PM
If there weren't 4 other dudes in the room I might have rubbed one out after the Pats beat the Lambs...

Nzoner
01-14-2013, 08:26 PM
What kind of person leaves a Super Bowl at halftime? I could see non-fan rich people leaving because it's boring to watch an Elway big-game choke, but it's hard to imagine any real fan leaving.

Saw it with my own eyes,average Joe fans leaving tossing Super bowl cups to the ground.Now mind you there were only a few it wasn't like a mass exodus or anything.

mdstu
01-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Pats do the "Lights Out" dance on the field after upsetting the Chargers.
LT whines like a little girl in press conference.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-14-2013, 09:35 PM

Haha that was awesome. Stupidest dance ever.

wazu
01-14-2013, 09:36 PM
The Bronco loss this past Saturday is without a doubt my favorite of all time.

KurtCobain
01-14-2013, 09:59 PM

Oooh yeah, I really liked that one.

ThaVirus
01-14-2013, 10:30 PM
ONe of many, the Chiefs defeat the Ravens in Arrowhead I think. I really just remember Ray Lewis crying that "They CAN'T be double teaming me, they can't!" Or something to that effect. He was mic'd up for the game and got clowned by Will Shields and I think T-Rich.

That was in Baltimore if memory serves..

LMAO YES! That one was great.

LT was bitching about the Pats players dancing at midfield, he said "Maybe its a reflection of their coach's character" or something to that effect. I loved the burn on Belichick but it just made him look like a big pussy.

I also remember thinking he had just shoved his own foot up his ass with that comment. I was expecting some HUGE fallout for making that type of comment about such a big name, but nothing ever came of it..

veist
01-14-2013, 10:41 PM
A forgotten one... but the year we made the playoffs with Herm. We needed a million different things to happen on the final day, and it played out perfectly during the early games... leaving Denver vs. San Francisco. Which was the biggest longshot of the day... the Niners weren't very good. And it was in Denver, and somehow the Niners won on a FG. Put the Chiefs in the playoffs and knocked the Broncos out.

And then Darrent Williams was murdered in a drive by that night, really one bad 24hr period for the Donks.

morphius
01-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Raiders getting spanked, Gannon destroyed, in the Superbowl by TB. Man that was fun to watch.

DTLB58
01-14-2013, 11:09 PM

Yep. I ran around my man cave screaming like the Chiefs had won the SB.
G-Men have been on my good side ever since.

Phobia
01-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Watching Gannon throw touchdowns to the Bucs over and over again was a thing of beauty a little over a decade ago.

rico
01-14-2013, 11:51 PM
There were bigger games, but the one that stands out to me: Chiefs-Raiders, MNF 1997?: Grbac to Rison. Completely destroyed that franchise for 2 years.

Dude, one of my favorite games ever. I think my dad was "outed" as a closet Chiefs fan that night. He is a die-hard St. Louis Cardinals fan and has always considered himself a Chicago Bears fan and tried to raise me as one. My dad does, has always and will always seethe with hatred towards the Chicago Cubs and especially their delusional, obnoxious fan base...and he raised me accordingly. When I was roughly 7 years old (in 1989-1990) I started noticing that the Cubs fans I talked shit to during Spring/Summer/Fall were also Bears fans and I didn't like the fact that I was rooting for the same football team as them. I had a difficult time rooting for them and there was a game where their kicker at the time, Kevin Butler, missed some frustrating field goals to lose to the Raiders of all teams. I was pissed and disgusted that I actually was, technically a Bears fans. It was that moment where I looked at my dad, who was cussing on the couch that I would never, ever, ever root for that "stupid freaking team" again and that I had a hard time liking them because many of the ****tard Cubs fans in my class were also Bears fans. My dad said under his breath, "hmmm....I never thought about that." A week or two later, we had this cereal box with the helmets of all of the NFL football teams at the time. By process of elimination, I crossed X'd out all of the teams that I thought were the lamest. I started with the Bears. Then went to the Raiders (was still butt-hurt from that game). Then to the Packers and Vikings since I already hated them (the Lions never hurt anyone). Ironically, I crossed the Broncos out very quickly simply because I hated John Elway and thought he has a stupid looking face. Crossed the 49ers out quickly because there were too many bandwagoners at the time. Ultimately, I selected the team who I thought had the coolest looking helmet. I got down to the Kansas City Chiefs and Cincinnati Bengals and chose the Chiefs. I was obviously destined to be a cursed football fan. I became just as or more die-hard about the Chiefs and constantly reminded Dad of how he rooted for a team that pretty much consisted of Cubs fans. Dad hated the Cubs and their fans much more than he liked the Cubs...and I knew it. Dad always "claimed" that he was a Bears fan, but I at least had him thinking, for his usually argumentative ass never had anything to say when I brought this to his attention...not to mention, he seemed to ALWAYS know more about what was going on with the Chiefs than he did with the Bears....sometimes he informed me of Chiefs news...which was odd. ANYWAYS, during the 1997 Raiders vs. Chiefs MNF Grbac to Rison game, I was supposed to be in bed...with the TV off, but was up watching the game and was literally on the edge of my seat the entire 4th quarter in case one of my parents came in my room and caught me awake and I had to flip the switch and jump into bed (since my TV was old school and didn't have a remote). When the Grbac to Rison catch occurred, I was cheering while trying to be as silent as possible and in a matter of seconds my dad barged in my room. My initial thought was, "oh shit, my dad caught me watching TV when I was supposed to be sleeping. I'm gonna be in deep shit." Instead of my dad chewing/spanking my ass, he starting hooting and howling and was like, "you'll never believe what the Chiefs just did!!! Grbac hit Rison for a game winning TD!!!! They just beat those ****ing Raiders!!!! It was awesome!!!!!" I said, "I know Dad"...and pointed at the TV that was still on in my room. He didn't get pissed. I asked if I could watch the post game stuff and he was like, "you bet your ass you can. Just don't wake up your mother and make sure you rub this win in to that Moss kid who rides your bus and loves the Raiders." I assured him I would. To this day, he STILL hasn't admitted that he is a closet "Bears converted to Chiefs fan," but he sure as hell acts like one....he never knows what is up with the Bears and is straight up apathetic when they play. However, he always knows what's up with the Chiefs and went on and on this year about how much he hates Cassel and thought ***** was a fraud. I think he's a Chiefs fan.....have thought so since that MNF game.

ANYWAYS.

My fave rival losses:

MNF 1997 Raiders vs. Chiefs. Grbac to Rison.
2005: Pittsburgh Steelers over Broncos.
2006: 49er over Broncos.
2003: Chiefs over Broncos.

MY FAVORITE OF ALL TIME:

October 14, 2003. Chicago Cubs vs. Florida Marlins.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AKC7Oz6ZrRU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bugeater
01-15-2013, 12:29 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/392/685/a9c.png

MagicHef
01-15-2013, 12:39 AM
And then Darrent Williams was murdered in a drive by that night, really one bad 24hr period for the Donks.

Aha. I was wondering why I couldn't remember losing to the 49ers to miss the playoffs. That's why.

jd1020
01-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Cardinals vs Astros Game 5 NLCS 2005.

Cardinals lost the series but Pujols' homerun to win game 5 was pretty awesome.

Red Sox vs Yankees ALCS 2004... couldn't have happened to a better team.

Not much of a "rival" but Cowboys vs Seahawks 06-07 wildcard game... Romo... LOL

Bump
01-15-2013, 12:49 AM
the tuck rule game was pretty sweet, raiders vs patriots in the playoffs.

rico
01-15-2013, 01:00 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/392/685/a9c.png

LMAO

I know, I know.....

01-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Denver's latest collapse was pretty damn special. Although, their loss to Jacksonville in '96 was pretty sweet too.

I'm happy with any loss by the Cowboys as well, but that's only because I live around a bunch of delusional Dallas fans.

Oakland getting destroyed in the Super Bowl, The "Tuck Rule" game and Denver losing to Jacksonville in '96.

Yesterday's Denver game. Nearly the entire fanbase had their tickets punched to the AFC Championship.
Bartman game for the Cubbos

Refresh my memory.

Maybe mid-2000s?

THAT

NightHawk
01-15-2013, 01:58 AM
Raiders losing to the Buc's in the Super Bowel will always be my favortie one; however, the broncos choke fest last Saturday is a close second.

big nasty kcnut
01-15-2013, 02:06 AM
Any time oklahoma lose to a kansas school is sweet. Also when dallas lost to washington i laughed.

Sorter
01-15-2013, 02:07 AM
Raiders losing to the Buc's in the Super Bowel will always be my favortie one; however, the broncos choke fest last Saturday is a close second.

this

veist
01-15-2013, 03:59 AM
Aha. I was wondering why I couldn't remember losing to the 49ers to miss the playoffs. That's why.

I can understand not remembering the game, it certainly was significantly overshadowed by the events later on.

InvinciBill
01-15-2013, 08:04 AM
http://i.turner.ncaa.com/dr/ncaa/ncaa/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/640_width_max/NorfolkState_Mizzou_03172012.jpg