PDA

View Full Version : Football Gus Bradley

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Off the board.

Going to Jaguars.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8852625/gus-bradley-agrees-coach-jacksonville-jaguars

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Jaguars hire Gus Bradley as coach

Updated: January 17, 2013, 10:00 AM ET ESPN.com news services

Former Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley has accepted the head-coaching job with the Jacksonville Jaguars, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter shares the news that Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley will be the new head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Bradley replaces Mike Mularkey, who was fired after one season by new general manager David Caldwell.

The Jaguars finished 2-14 in 2012, the worst record in franchise history, and lost eight games by 16 points or more. Not even Jacksonville's inaugural team in 1995 -- a group comprised of mostly rookies and street free agents -- was overmatched as often. Coach Tom Coughlin's ragtag bunch finished 4-12 back then, losing four games by at least 16 points. The 4-12 record had been the worst in franchise history.

Bradley, 46, has received strong endorsements from Seattle coach Pete Carroll and new Cowboys defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, who worked with him in Tampa Bay from 2006-08.

"He's got a brilliant football mind," Carroll said last week. "He's got a way of reaching people and touching people and getting the best out of them, coaches and players alike. He's got everything that you're looking for."

Bradley just completed his fourth season in Seattle. His defense finished first in the NFL in points allowed (15.3), fourth in yards (306.2) and tied for fourth in takeaways (31).

Seattle's defense has improved each of the past three years and finished in the top 10 in points and yards the last two.

Bradley began his NFL coaching career with Tampa Bay as a defensive quality control coach in 2006. He was the Buccaneers' linebackers coach the next two seasons before going to Seattle. Bradley coached in college from 1990-2005, including two stints at North Dakota State and four years at Fort Lewis College.

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-17-2013, 09:25 AM
I just became a jags fan.

chiefzilla1501
01-17-2013, 09:50 AM
djs left nut and I were on this bandwagon.

He was around the top of my list all year long. Think this guy is an absolute sleeper hire and I still think he might be one of the best hires this offseason.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8852625/gus-bradley-agrees-coach-jacksonville-jaguars

Good for the jaguars.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-17-2013, 09:53 AM
No. I love the guy. The Jags are probably headed up now. He's the only defensive minded coach I had any real interest in. Just came here to post this, but saw you beat me to the punch.

Dante84
wut.

Fansy the Famous Bard
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269004

My thread title sucks.

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-17-2013, 09:54 AM
I'm in love with the guy, myself.

chiefzilla1501
01-17-2013, 09:56 AM

I reposted. My bad.

chiefzilla1501
01-17-2013, 09:58 AM

I revised the op. shouldn't have said there weren't others on the bandwagon.

Thig Lyfe
01-17-2013, 09:58 AM
you mean the USC quarterback?

DJ's left nut
01-17-2013, 10:00 AM
WHY GUS?!?!?!?!?

WHY?!?!?!

You're going to be a badass in this league...or were until you went to that mess of a franchise.

He was my favorite coach on the market this year and he's just signed his death warrant.

Oh well...good luck and Godspeed, Gus.

chiefzilla1501
01-17-2013, 10:03 AM
No. I love the guy. The Jags are probably headed up now. He's the only defensive minded coach I had any real interest in. Just came here to post this, but saw you beat me to the punch.

Yup. His scheme is unbelievably innovative, and he adapted his scheme to his new coach. His defense has 11 guys that play to the whistle. Fiery head coach but in a positive way. Quality control background. And you gotta love quality control and small time assistants that make a big time impression on veteran coaches. Monte kiffin has been raving about this guy. He even convinced Pete Carroll to keep him on staff.

DJ's left nut
01-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Yup. His scheme is unbelievably innovative, and he adapted his scheme to his new coach. His defense has 11 guys that play to the whistle. Fiery head coach but in a positive way. Quality control background. And you gotta love quality control and small time assistants that make a big time impression on veteran coaches. Monte kiffin has been raving about this guy. He even convinced Pete Carroll to keep him on staff.

{sniff}

I miss his musk already.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-17-2013, 10:08 AM
WHY GUS?!?!?!?!?

WHY?!?!?!

You're going to be a badass in this league...or were until you went to that mess of a franchise.

He was my favorite coach on the market this year and he's just signed his death warrant.

Oh, bullshit. Khan is willing to spend money. It was probably the best case scenario for him outside of Philly.

DJ's left nut
01-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Oh, bullshit. Khan is willing to spend money. It was probably the best case scenario for him outside of Philly.

It's hard to win with a fanbase that doesn't give a !@#$.

Football is so much about emotion and Bradley's style fed off it. In Jacksonville he just won't have that.

Sure, Khan will spend - but who's going to come out to see it? Even when they had a winner, Jacksonville wasn't drawing well. And they have that QB purgatory problem as well unless they decide to just give up on Gabbert and start over.

Of all the jobs on the market this winter, I think that one was clearly the worst.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-17-2013, 10:14 AM

Football is so much about emotion and Bradley's style fed off it. In Jacksonville he just won't have that.

Sure, Khan will spend - but who's going to come out to see it? Even when they had a winner, Jacksonville wasn't drawing well. And they have that QB purgatory problem as well unless they decide to just give up on Gabbert and start over.

Of all the jobs on the market this winter, I think that one was clearly the worst.

I didn't even think about the fanbase. Douche. I mean, touche! You're absolutely right about that.

Setsuna
01-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Sooo you guys think this is a good hire?

DJ's left nut
01-17-2013, 10:46 AM

Kill yourself, Jags fan. You and your 17 closest friends won't be enough to make that hell-hole a decent job.

Oh well, things will start looking up for him when they move to LA.

GoChargers
01-17-2013, 10:47 AM

Disagreed. There were 12 teams with worse attendance than Jacksonville this year. Two of those teams (Cincinnati, Minnesota) made the playoffs. Two more (Chicago, Pittsburgh) narrowly missed out.

Last year, Cincinnati was dead last in attendance and made the playoffs. In 2008, the two Super Bowl teams (Arizona and Pittsburgh) were 24th and 28th in attendance respectively.

Ever since JerryWorld opened up, Dallas has routinely led the league in attendance. Those big crowds haven't stopped Romo and Garrett from choking.

The attendance thing with Jacksonville is overplayed. The real issue is that they drastically misjudged the market at the beginning and built an oversized stadium, hence the tarps. EverBank Field is the 27th-largest football stadium in the country, and that's counting both college and pro football. There's no reason why a market as small as Jacksonville needs a stadium that's almost as big as Dallas' and bigger than the stadiums in Denver, Atlanta, Houston, San Francisco, Philly, Seattle, St. Louis, Detroit, Chicago, etc.

Setsuna
01-17-2013, 10:48 AM

It's pretty obvious you don't know shit. Despite our record we still had average attendances that we've been having for a while now. Considering how long we've sucked, we still manage to "fill" the stadium every Sunday (I know about the covered sections with advertisements on it). The fan base is just as passionate as yours and it's insulting that you'd say something ignorant like that when you most likely haven't even been in Jacksonville and gone to a game, and maybe even haven't stepped foot in Florida in general. This is a great job for anyone because of the potential for a dynasty that has never been realized for a new franchise. So again just STFU about a team you have no damn clue about and make no attempt at trying to know anything about it. JFC.

Kill yourself, Jags fan. You and your 17 closest friends won't be enough to make that hell-hole a decent job.

Oh well, things will start looking up for him when they move to LA.
You are so fucking ignorant it's baffling.

Disagreed. There were 12 teams with worse attendance than Jacksonville this year. Two of those teams (Cincinnati, Minnesota) made the playoffs. Two more (Chicago, Pittsburgh) narrowly missed out.

Last year, Cincinnati was dead last in attendance and made the playoffs. In 2008, the two Super Bowl teams (Arizona and Pittsburgh) were 24th and 28th in attendance respectively.

Ever since JerryWorld opened up, Dallas has routinely led the league in attendance. Those big crowds haven't stopped Romo and Garrett from choking.

The attendance thing with Jacksonville is overplayed. The real issue is that they drastically misjudged the market at the beginning and built an oversized stadium, hence the tarps. EverBank Field is the 27th-largest football stadium in the country, and that's counting both college and pro football. There's no reason why a market as small as Jacksonville needs a stadium that's almost as big as Dallas' and bigger than the stadiums in Denver, Atlanta, Houston, San Francisco, Philly, Seattle, St. Louis, Detroit, Chicago, etc.
Thank you for setting that fuck stick straight. Ragging on the Jags is old news.

DJ's left nut
01-17-2013, 10:51 AM

But don't tickets cost about 67 cents down there? And the stadium always seems dead.

Emotion is more than just raw numbers. You say the stadium size issue is overplayed, but it really isn't if it kills the environment. For instance, do you think a 1/2 full Jax stadium carries more energy than a capacity Steelers house?

We'll see. If he's truly a great coach, he'll overcome it. But the Jags just seem like a massive afterthought in that town. I could certainly be wrong.

DJ's left nut
01-17-2013, 10:53 AM
You are so fucking ignorant it's baffling.

I love you too, Sweetie.

Jacksonville is a raging, dank shithole. I have been there. Its awful and anyone that voluntarily chooses to reside there has clear mental deficiencies.

But again, don't worry buddy. It will all be over soon.

MahiMike
01-17-2013, 01:32 PM
WHY GUS?!?!?!?!?

WHY?!?!?!

Best owner in the league. I'd say both the Jags and Chiefs are headed up.

ChiefsCountry
01-17-2013, 01:39 PM

You mean the stadium that needs all those seats for the big Florida/Georgia game that is the biggest reason for the stadium.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
01-17-2013, 03:57 PM

Yes, you're going to be very happy with this hire.

I'm less interested in X's and O's. And what have you done for me lately. I believe this guy is going to be an outstanding leader who also happens to be good with X's and O's.

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Yes, you're going to be very happy with this hire.

I'm less interested in X's and O's. And what have you done for me lately. I believe this guy is going to be an outstanding leader who also happens to be good with X's and O's.

+1