PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jonathan Vilma's Lawsuit Against Roger Goodell Dismissed - F ROGER GOODELL

houstonwhodat
01-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Vilma's defamation lawsuit gets dismissed.

Well I didn't expect much but I was hoping that this lawsuit would make the NFL release their "alleged" evidence.

Power corrupts and that son of a bitch Goodell is about as corrupt as they come.

In the end he got what he wanted, no Saints Super Bowl in their own city.

F U ROGER GOODELL

"Vilma's argument that the statements were made in Goodell's individual capacity is unpersuasive as Goodell was sued as Commissioner of the NFL and all of the statements attributed to Goodell were made in connection with the NFL's investigation of the pay-per-performance/bounty allegations," Berrigan wrote in her ruling. "Therefore, Vilma's claims are preempted and must be dismissed."

"While the Court is extremely disturbed by the fundamental lack of due process in Goodell's denying the players the identities of and the right to confront their accusers, that was substantially rectified later in the process," Berrigan added. "So while the process was initially procedurally flawed, the statements were ultimately found to have enough support to defeat the defamation claims."

If there are any lawyers on this MB please chime in. I would like to hear your opinion.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127698/article/jonathan-vilmas-lawsuit-against-roger-goodell-dismissed

:#

Mr. Laz
01-17-2013, 05:28 PM
ROFL

w00t ... Goodell Rulez ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RealSNR
01-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Reported

chiefzilla1501
01-17-2013, 05:30 PM
I really don't get it. I think Gregg Williams is a scumbag and I don't approve one bit of what the Saints did. But Goodell was a complete klutz on this. The guy has a teflon coat.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-17-2013, 05:32 PM
He'll hire Pioli to be his assistant next

houstonwhodat
01-17-2013, 05:44 PM
I really don't get it. I think Gregg Williams is a scumbag and I don't approve one bit of what the Saints did. But Goodell was a complete klutz on this. The guy has a teflon coat.

You probably don't follow this as closely as I do but that's the whole problem.

Goodell and his PR machine manufactured statements that weren't true and kept force feeding the media and the public and they believed every word of it because it was the NFL. The NFL wouldn't make this shit up would they?

Yes they would because it was a smoke screen for the plethora of upcoming concussion lawsuits. And also I don't think they wanted the possibility of the Saints hosting their own Super Bowl which was very possible.

That's why they took Sean Payton out of commission for the year.

The reason the players suspensions were overturned was because there was no evidence and Roger Hitler Goodell was out of control.

I'll agree the Saints had some type of Pay For Performance program like just about every team does, but they never had a Pay For Injury program like Goodell first stated.

It's evident because even after all that rah rah bullshit talk form Gregg Williams, that never translated to the field.

No one got hurt and trust me if a defensive player wanted to hurt someone it wouldn't be hard.

F Roger Goodell I hope someone poisons his food in New Orleans next month.

If he even has the balls to go...

CoMoChief
01-17-2013, 05:54 PM

Goodell and his PR machine manufactured statements that weren't true and kept force feeding the media and the public and they believed every word of it because it was the NFL. The NFL wouldn't make this shit up would they?

Yes they would because it was a smoke screen for the plethora of upcoming concussion lawsuits. And also I don't think they wanted the possibility of the Saints hosting their own Super Bowl which was very possible.

The reason the players suspensions were overturned was because there was no evidence and Roger Hitler Goodell was out of control.

I'll agree the Saints had some type of Pay For Performance program like just about every team does, but they never had a Pay For Injury program like Goodell first stated.

It's evident because even after all that rah rah bullshit talk form Gregg Williams, that never translated to the field.

No one got hurt and trust me if a defensive player wanted to hurt someone it wouldn't be hard.

I've said from day 1 the way the NFL handled this was because of the concussion class action lawsuits the NFL is going to LOSE on here in the next few years or so. There are so many of them and the amount of money involved could almost destroy the league.

BigMeatballDave
When you make $20mil/yr, you get your way.

ILChief
Screw the saints. They cheated and got what they deserved

stonedstooge
01-17-2013, 05:55 PM

Sounds like a new job for Pioli's goon squad, protecting GODDell

BigMeatballDave
01-17-2013, 05:56 PM

:rolleyes:

Who cares? Players around the league don't.

chiefzilla1501
01-17-2013, 05:58 PM

I've followed this enough to have an informed opinion.

I agree with you that Goodell was a complete klutz on this. And he went on a power trip and should be taken to task on this. Being suspicious of somebody's guilt doesn't make them guilty.

I'm also not naive. You've got a DC on tape instructing his troops to hurt people. You have a team that was one of the most penalized teams in the game. And you have the Minnesota game against Favre, where you have a ton of after-the-whistle cheap shots and a guy screaming "pay me my money" after one of those cheap shots. Pretty obvious something was going on here. That doesn't justify how Goodell went after the Saints, but I'm not going to act like the Saints were... well, saints in this whole mess.

chiefzilla1501
01-17-2013, 05:59 PM

Agreed.

This is the worst kind of cheating too. It's cheating to get a competitive advantage. It's the Tonya Harding way -- if you can't beat the competition, then cheat to force the competition out of the game.

ILChief
01-17-2013, 06:00 PM

Who cares? Players around the league don't.

Whether or not players care is irrelevant

ILChief
01-17-2013, 06:01 PM
It wasn't pay for performance. It was pay to injure

Dave Lane
01-17-2013, 06:02 PM

Sure, we believe you...

houstonwhodat
01-17-2013, 06:05 PM
It wasn't pay for performance. It was pay to injure

Prove it.

kcxiv
01-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Dunno about anyone else but as a kid we were taught to blow the motherfuker up. Hit him as hard as u can. I was a kid. Told its a war going out there nfl players used that for years until everything anyone says has to be politically correct.

He'll as a kid I used to pitch and the coach would tell me to hit the clean up bitter so the other players he scared lol.

SAUTO
01-17-2013, 06:06 PM
So are people trying to say the court let Goodell off because of who he is?

Maybe they thought the lawsuit was stupid
Posted via Mobile Device

ILChief
01-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Prove it.

It's not my job to prove anything

SAUTO
01-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Prove it.

Well a bounty that pays if a player has to leave the game sure sounds like pay for injury
Posted via Mobile Device

houstonwhodat
01-17-2013, 06:08 PM
So are people trying to say the court let Goodell off because of who he is?

Maybe they thought the lawsuit was stupid
Posted via Mobile Device

No of course they came up with some legalese.

houstonwhodat
01-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Well a bounty that pays if a player has to leave the game sure sounds like pay for injury
Posted via Mobile Device

No one left the game.

And they never had that, that's just what the NFL wants you to believe

SAUTO
01-17-2013, 06:09 PM
And I don't think it was about keeping the saints out of the super bowl this year.

Also sounds like Vilma was an idiot the filed the lawsuit against Goodell personally when he was doing league business.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
01-17-2013, 06:10 PM
No one left the game.

And they never had that, that's just what the NFL wants you to believe

Seriously? Farve.

Stfu now
Posted via Mobile Device

houstonwhodat
Dunno about anyone else but as a kid we were taught to blow the motherfu let up. Home him as hard as u can. Told its a war going out there nfl players used that for years until everything anyone says has to be politically correct.

Exactly.

It's football you're supposed to crash their ass.

houstonwhodat
Seriously? Farve.

Stfu now
Posted via Mobile Device

All legal hits.

No penalties/no fines

STFU.

SAUTO
01-17-2013, 06:11 PM
No of course they came up with some legalese.

No Vilma fucked up the suit.

You can't sue someone personally for conducting league business
Posted via Mobile Device

houstonwhodat
01-17-2013, 06:11 PM
And I don't think it was about keeping the saints out of the super bowl this year.

Also sounds like Vilma was an idiot the filed the lawsuit against Goodell personally when he was doing league business.
Posted via Mobile Device

One will never know now because the evidence will never get released.

SAUTO
01-17-2013, 06:12 PM
All legal hits.

No penalties/no fines

STFU.
Lol. Dude they were PAYING for players to hit late, and try to injure players.

It happened, take your head out of your ass
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
01-17-2013, 06:12 PM
One will never know now because the evidence will never get released.

know what?

That Vilma filed an invalid lawsuit? It got thrown out right?
Posted via Mobile Device

houstonwhodat
01-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Agreed.

This is the worst kind of cheating too. It's cheating to get a competitive advantage. It's the Tonya Harding way -- if you can't beat the competition, then cheat to force the competition out of the game.

Guess yall forgot about this?

Chiefs preached “Kill the head and the body will die,” too. - ProFootballTalk

"Among the many incendiary statements that former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams used to fire up his players was, “Kill the head and the body will die.” There’s been a great deal of debate about what Williams meant when he talked about killing the head, but there’s no doubt about this: He wasn’t the only one in the NFL who used that phrase.

In fact, players walking into the Kansas City Chiefs’ defensive line room in 2008 were greeted with that slogan painted in huge letters: “KILL THE HEAD & THE BODY WILL DIE.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/13/chiefs-preached-kill-the-head-and-the-body-will-die-too/

So were the Chiefs trying to hurt people when Herm Edwards was the coach?

No it's just bullshit locker room talk.

Players hear it every day, but maybe not now.

houstonwhodat
01-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Lol. Dude they were PAYING for players to hit late, and try to injure players.

It happened, take your head out of your ass
Posted via Mobile Device

Forget it.

SAUTO
01-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Did the chiefs coaches pay money illegally for hits and injuries?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
01-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Forget it.

Done now?

It's a fact. Really it is. They paid money for players to try and injure other players. It happened
Posted via Mobile Device

houstonwhodat
01-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Done now?

It's a fact. Really it is. They paid money for players to try and injure other players. It happened
Posted via Mobile Device

Wrong.

SAUTO
01-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Wrong.

Prove it.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
01-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Williams was suspended indefinitely, the hc missed the whole year.

But nothing happened?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
01-17-2013, 06:26 PM
And it could have gotten worse, I get ten grand in cash that was pay for a job and I don't report it and it comes out.

Tax evasion.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
01-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Does anybody really ink the NFL made is up specifically to target the Saints - you know, the DARLING of the post-Katrina NFL?

If the NFL wanted to destroy a team, they would have targeted somebody like KC or Miami.

They didn't just make this up.

chiefzilla1501
01-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Guess yall forgot about this?

Chiefs preached “Kill the head and the body will die,” too. - ProFootballTalk

"Among the many incendiary statements that former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams used to fire up his players was, “Kill the head and the body will die.” There’s been a great deal of debate about what Williams meant when he talked about killing the head, but there’s no doubt about this: He wasn’t the only one in the NFL who used that phrase.

In fact, players walking into the Kansas City Chiefs’ defensive line room in 2008 were greeted with that slogan painted in huge letters: “KILL THE HEAD & THE BODY WILL DIE.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/13/chiefs-preached-kill-the-head-and-the-body-will-die-too/

So were the Chiefs trying to hurt people when Herm Edwards was the coach?

No it's just bullshit locker room talk.

Players hear it every day, but maybe not now.

I didn't forget about this.

1) You're taking that ridiculously too literal
2) That is a far cry from the specific things Gregg WIlliams was asking his team to do, that is different from using a catchphrase versus paying people to actually do it, and you seem to be forgetting about Gregg Williams talking about specific injuries and how he wants his team to go after them.

SAUTO
01-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Does anybody really ink the NFL made is up specifically to target the Saints - you know, the DARLING of the post-Katrina NFL?

If the NFL wanted to destroy a team, they would have targeted somebody like KC or Miami.

They didn't just make this up.
This
Posted via Mobile Device

Nickel D
01-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Goodell released to the accused players a certain amount (enough to indicate their involvement) of the evidence against them. If there's no credible evidence at all, why haven't any of the players brought any of that out for the public to see?

Nightfyre
01-17-2013, 06:52 PM
So Roger Goodell is the reason we are alternating picks with the jags rather than having them at the top of each round? That son of a bitch.

Spott
01-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Goodell is a douche, but I don't think he was trying to keep the Saints out of the Super Bowl. Their crappy defense has done their part in keeping them out of the big game the last couple of years.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2013, 07:08 PM
I've said from day 1 the way the NFL handled this was because of the concussion class action lawsuits the NFL is going to LOSE on here in the next few years or so. There are so many of them and the amount of money involved could almost destroy the league.
exactly ... Goodell was doing what the owners told him to do.

The owners were reacting to the lawsuit of the players.

Have no idea why people are getting pissed at Goodell about it.

The players can stop all the safety rules and making the league 'soft' anytime they want by dropping the lawsuit and reaching some kind of agreement with the league.

To this day, players are still bitching and moaning about safety rules and fighting against them ... yet still suing.

on a side note, apparently the NFLPA had access to the same information about concussions as the league and did nothing the entire time either.

In fact i believe the NFL tried to approved a concussion diagnosing insert that went into the helmet years ago and the NFLPA blocked it.