PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would you want Tony Gonzalez to retire as a Chief?

Rain Man
01-17-2013, 05:46 PM
A poll will be dunked over the goalpost in the next minute or so.

Titty Meat
01-17-2013, 05:47 PM
I want geno smith to retire as a chief.

houstonwhodat
01-17-2013, 05:48 PM
How bout Matt Cassel?

Red And Yellow
01-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Unlike Cassel he had 11 solid seasons as a Chief... Cassel maybe had 1 ( just don't like to admit it)

Mr. Laz
01-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Having a Hall of Fame player retire for you team is a PR boost so i prefer Tony retire as a Chief.

Not going to get upset about it either way though

I've always thought Tony was a bit of a douche

Bugeater
01-17-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't care either way.

Mojo Jojo
01-17-2013, 05:59 PM
It's all a PR thing...If Carl was still GM it would happen...who knows with Dorsey, and Tony wanted out of KC.

wazu
01-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Unlike Cassel he had 11 solid seasons as a Chief... Cassel maybe had 1 ( just don't like to admit it)

Wrong, it was zero. (Remember Playoff game.)

Bump
01-17-2013, 06:06 PM
if the Falcons win the Superbowl you can bet your ass he's retiring as a Falcon.

TribalElder
01-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Meh

He will be in the hall of honor

As far as retirement

crossbow
01-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Did Tony want out because he didn't want to go through another rebuild or because the new management was psycho?

http://viewerscommentary.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/psycho-anthony-perkins-as-norman-bates.jpg

Fritz88
01-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Fuck him after dunking on us at ArrowHead. Fuck him and his veggie life style.

Discuss Thrower
01-17-2013, 06:19 PM
No. No Ring of Honor either.

On that note, I motion to remove Neil Smith too.

BlackHelicopters
01-17-2013, 06:19 PM
If Jon Baldwin retires as a Chief, my life will be complete.

Hoover
01-17-2013, 06:27 PM
I think he should play one more year, as a CHIEF.

With Geno

seclark
01-17-2013, 06:27 PM
what was the question? i was thinking about that pic of lenny, puffing down a cig at a fucking super bowl.
sec

saphojunkie
01-17-2013, 06:28 PM

With Geno

THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS

scho63
01-17-2013, 06:31 PM
I want him to retire as a Chief but how ironic would it be if he wins the SB and his only playoff victories are with the Falcons?

okcchief
01-17-2013, 06:38 PM
No. No Ring of Honor either.

On that note, I motion to remove Neil Smith too.

This.

He should be removed immediately Donkey traitor piece of shit he is.

Radar Chief
01-17-2013, 07:00 PM
I've always thought Tony was a bit of a douche

A bit? You're being kind.
Tony is the type of guy that wouldn't like any of us if he knew us.
He wanted out, fuck'im.

mlyonsd
01-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Don't care. He's dead to me.

alpha_omega
01-17-2013, 07:03 PM
At this point, I really don't care.

Hootie
01-17-2013, 07:04 PM
he's my favorite Chief of all time

Rasputin
01-17-2013, 07:07 PM
I will remember Tony Gonzo for his last year here busting his ass off and playing harder than anyone on the team. Other than that he moved on to be a Dirty Bird and I wish him to win a Super Bowl. He can retire for both teams being represented in the Hall and come back to be in our ROH.

Hootie
01-17-2013, 07:09 PM
does anyone blame him for wanting out?

I think we all wanted out over the course of the Pioli era.

Halfcan
01-17-2013, 07:11 PM
I want him to retire as a Chief but how ironic would it be if he wins the SB and his only playoff victories are with the Falcons?

He won't Niners are going to Crush them.

Forget retiring- sign him up- he is still the Best in the NFL and 5 times better than what we have. He had one of his Best years this years. Looks like he could play 3 to 4 more years if he wanted to.

Rasputin
01-17-2013, 07:15 PM

I think we all wanted out over the course of the ***** era.

This is a fair statement. I just think it's funny he went to a team that just drafted a QB with their #3 pick of the draft with Matt Ryan. He went to a team that was on the rebound or rebuild. I think he saw the possitive in the young Matt Ryan and saw he had a good chance to help that team get a ring. Unlike us that didn't have a direction to go.

TEX
01-17-2013, 07:26 PM
YES ABSOLUTELY. He was the face of the franchise for a decade. He will always be a CHIEF.

Chiefaholic
01-17-2013, 07:50 PM
A bit? You're being kind.
Tony is the type of guy that wouldn't like any of us if he knew us.
He wanted out, ****'im.

You couldn't be any further from the truth. Met him several times post game and he was one of the few that went out of his way to sign autographs, shake hands, and briefly speak to individual fans. He's a class act in comparison to many who didn't give a flying **** about the people in the stands.

And a year with Geno would be freakin awesome.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2013, 07:55 PM
I don't care. When he goes in he'll make some nice comments about KC and that is that all that matters.

Carlota69
01-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Tony has always been gracious. He is a class act, at least in the last few years that I've met him and interviewed him. During my last interview, over a year ago, he said he would retire as a Chief. He didnt even hestitate until he comsidered gettinga SB ring. That may change his mind. But he was certain he was going to retire a Chief, he didnt even flinch at the question.

TRR
01-17-2013, 08:06 PM
YES ABSOLUTELY. He was the face of the franchise for a decade. He will always be a CHIEF.

He will always be a Chief....until he bitches and moans so much about wanting to "play for a winner" that he wasn't a Chief anymore. KC gave him a lot of money, and was loyal to him. He turned his back and asked to NOT be a Chief anymore. So there you have it. He started a Chief and ended a Falcon....and turned his back on the Chiefs in the process.

Fuck Tony Gonzalez.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
01-17-2013, 08:33 PM
At this point, I really don't care.

This...

mlyonsd
01-17-2013, 08:34 PM
This...
That.

DaFace
01-17-2013, 08:36 PM
I'd LIKE him to, but I don't see any reason why he would. The whole "sign for a day" thing is more for players who were successful with their first team but moved on after they started slowing down. Tony was the opposite of that. Chances are he'll remember his time in Atlanta more fondly than a lot of his time in KC.

Frazod
01-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Don't care.

warpaint*
01-17-2013, 08:43 PM
He will always be a Chief to me but really I don't give a crap.

wazu
01-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Don't care, but sure whatever.

Floridafan
01-17-2013, 09:06 PM

I think we all wanted out over the course of the ***** era.

This

Psyko Tek
01-17-2013, 09:36 PM

With Geno

I was gonna suggest this
the man is THE TE

would be a great go to guy for a youngster learning

Red Brooklyn
01-17-2013, 09:48 PM
I mean, it's up to him, of course. But, yeah, I'd LOVE for him to retire as a Chief. I think that would be awesome.

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2013, 10:25 PM
In the era of free agency players don't really retire as such and such so what would be the point?

HolyHandgernade
01-17-2013, 10:30 PM
I didn't think it worked that way in the NFL Hall of Fame. You're just an inductee, you don't get inducted as a "team name here". Of course, if you played you whole, or the majority of your career at one place, they'll say "such and such a team" has so many inductees. But officially, you're just inducted as a player.

cosmo20002
01-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Great moments in Kansas City Chiefs 1-day contract history:

3 years after leaving the NFL and 4 years after leaving the Chiefs, WR Derrick Alexander celebrates his 4 years in KC by signing a 1-day contract to retire as a Chief.

Despite never signing with another team after leaving KC after the 2008 season, WR Eddie Kennison for some reason signs a 1-day contract to retire as a Chief.

Memories.

DTLB58
01-18-2013, 12:40 AM
For one day, what's the point?

DTLB58
01-18-2013, 12:47 AM
I didn't think it worked that way in the NFL Hall of Fame. You're just an inductee, you don't get inducted as a "team name here". Of course, if you played you whole, or the majority of your career at one place, they'll say "such and such a team" has so many inductees. But officially, you're just inducted as a player.

Wow! Somebody gets it. I wasn't going to get into the HOF thing in my post cause that wasn't the original ? But since it was brought up.....this is one of the biggest myths. Correct, you don't go in with a specific team. They list all the teams you played for.

What really surprised me when I visited there in 2009 was how many players were in Canton that were still playing because of records they had set! Tony G already has a boat load a stuff there, so does Favre, AP and on and on. Quite interesting.

RustShack
01-18-2013, 12:49 AM
I wanted him to stay, but he got his wish and a playoff win. Let him retire with that win that he wanted so bad. If he comes here another year, then yeah he can retire here... but you might as well just retire with the team you are under contract with...

DTLB58
01-18-2013, 01:01 AM
You couldn't be any further from the truth. Met him several times post game and he was one of the few that went out of his way to sign autographs, shake hands, and briefly speak to individual fans. He's a class act in comparison to many who didn't give a flying **** about the people in the stands.

Not my experience. I met him in a parking lot in Riverfalls, WI @ TC and he couldn't have been more rude! Totally blew me off and told me to get out of there.
I spent $140 on a jersey, drove 3 1/2 hours one way just to go up there and get his auto that year and in :30 seconds he tore me down.
Then in a bar late that night I got to here from this gorgeous, big chested blonde how he signed his cleats and gave them to her that night. Yea, he was a great guy.
I've gotten over it, except for when I read stuff like this, then old feelings come out. I try to remember all the great plays he made for the Chiefs and the good times me and my son had watching him cause he was my sons favorite player.
I have stopped trying to get auto's (in person anyways) since then and just leave that for the kids. It was pretty demeaning to have someone do that to me as a 40+ year old. Not going to put myself in that position again.

ChiefBoyRDEE
01-18-2013, 01:22 AM
if the Falcons win the Superbowl you can bet your ass he's retiring as a Falcon.

seems like that would be a key item BUT he really should go in as a Chief

Radar Chief
01-18-2013, 08:08 AM

I’m calling :BS:.
I know several dozen people that ran into him post game and had the exact opposite experience. In fact he’s known as one of the few Chiefs that would refuse to sign autographs or even acknowledge the presence of fans.

Radar Chief
01-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Not my experience. I met him in a parking lot in Riverfalls, WI @ TC and he couldn't have been more rude! Totally blew me off and told me to get out of there.
I spent $140 on a jersey, drove 3 1/2 hours one way just to go up there and get his auto that year and in :30 seconds he tore me down.
Then in a bar late that night I got to here from this gorgeous, big chested blonde how he signed his cleats and gave them to her that night. Yea, he was a great guy.
I've gotten over it, except for when I read stuff like this, then old feelings come out. I try to remember all the great plays he made for the Chiefs and the good times me and my son had watching him cause he was my sons favorite player.
I have stopped trying to get auto's (in person anyways) since then and just leave that for the kids. It was pretty demeaning to have someone do that to me as a 40+ year old. Not going to put myself in that position again.

About the only person I’ve talked with that got his autograph was on this board and they basically had to plead with him to get it.

King_Chief_Fan
01-18-2013, 08:17 AM
How important is this anyway?

Gonzales became GONE zales pretty quick for me.

Imon Yourside
01-18-2013, 08:23 AM
I’m calling :BS:.
I know several dozen people that ran into him post game and had the exact opposite experience. In fact he’s known as one of the few Chiefs that would refuse to sign autographs or even acknowledge the presence of fans.

Ya I bumped into him at Whole Foods a few years ago and my then 5 year old son tried saying hi. He wouldn't even acknowledge my son was talking to him. I understand the not wanting to be bugged in public places but he could have at least said sorry kiddo, not now.

Dayze
01-18-2013, 08:39 AM
as a player, I think signing him for a 1 day deal to retire as a Chief would be cool.
one of the best players the Chiefs have ever had; one of the best draft picks; the best TE in NFL history.....awesome player.

from a personal standpoint, I've heard from many people that he's a dick. the one time my wife and another copule we went out with ran into him - was a complete dick.

too many 'he's a dick' stories for it not to be true. after we bumped into him (and he barely acknowledged us...which is fine, but there are ways to do it right IMO) I wondered to my buddy "Man...did he kinda seem like a dick"? we debated and came up with nearly every excuse why he wasn't.
But after hearing all these stories, it must be true.

suds79
01-18-2013, 08:50 AM
I think the signing with a team for one day and then retiring is one of the dumbest things in sports.

We know your legacy and who you spent the most time with. One day doesn't mean a thing.

Does anybody look back and is thankful if Jerry Rice retired as a 49er? Oh nobody remembers? Yeah me neither.

Dayze
01-18-2013, 08:52 AM
I think the signing with a team for one day and then retiring is one of the dumbest things in sports.

We know your legacy and who you spent the most time with. One day doesn't mean a thing.

Does anybody look back and is thankful if Jerry Rice retired as a 49er? Oh nobody remembers? Yeah me neither.

your mom retires.

HemiEd
01-18-2013, 09:20 AM
How bout Matt Cassel?

Oh Matt Cassel
He is such an Asshole
he can retire
in an aids fire
had a great payday
nothing but poor play
Only Pioli's Matt
couldn't even put on his own hat

ChiefBoyRDEE
01-18-2013, 09:43 AM
the one thing that matters is that when you go to Canton you want to see Tony in a Chiefs uniform

Reerun_KC
01-18-2013, 10:03 AM
No, dont give two shits about Tony G....

He can go rape a 400lbs man for all I care.

boogblaster
01-18-2013, 10:31 AM
yes .. he was a great Chief .... enough said .....

Chiefnj2
01-18-2013, 10:41 AM
I don't care. I also don't understand the attraction to any hall of fame. I don't see the enjoyment in going to a building to stare at a modern day statue or jersey or glove.

WhiteWhale
01-18-2013, 11:40 AM
I think the whole 'one day contract' shit is stupid.

So far as I'm concerned Emmit Smith retired a Cardinal. Joe Montana retired a Chief... and so forth.

HemiEd
01-18-2013, 03:46 PM
I think the whole 'one day contract' shit is stupid.

So far as I'm concerned Emmit Smith retired a Cardinal. Joe Montana retired a Chief... and so forth.

I agree to an extent, but ceremony and tradition are always part of it.

Hopefully if he does sign for one day, they will make sure he has a parking spot right up front with his name on it.

dtebbe
01-18-2013, 06:56 PM
I don't know but I'll be at what could be his last game on Sunday.

DT

Frazod
01-18-2013, 07:17 PM
I don't care. I also don't understand the attraction to any hall of fame. I don't see the enjoyment in going to a building to stare at a modern day statue or jersey or glove.

I haven't been to Canton, but I have been to Cooperstown. It was pretty cool.

whoman69
01-18-2013, 08:40 PM
I really don't think he wants to retire a Chief, especially if the Falcons win the SB this year.

griZZly64
01-18-2013, 09:00 PM
nah fuck him. hes a falcon now

BIG K
01-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Though I was hoping he would retire a Chief, as a Chief, he wanted out. So honestly, I don't give a shit....When you leave the Chiefs Kingdom, you are dead to me...