PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft nfl.com qb ratings

Chiefnj2
01-19-2013, 11:23 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:qb

Really interesting. Geno is #1, but the rest of their rankings are sure to be a huge surprise.

For the most part their draft grades correlate pretty well to the order prospects get drafted. Last year they had Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden and Osweiler as the top 5 and that is how they fell off the board.

HolyHat
01-19-2013, 11:25 PM
This makes my jeans tight. I saw this earlier and noticed the same thing as you with last years draft picks.

DeezNutz
01-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Pretty solid analysis, IMO. Smith with a bullet, and then a group of QBs about even. The biggest surprise is that Jones is a part of this group.

tk13
01-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Funny part is their #1 QB's comparison is Aaron Brooks. And their comparison for #2 is Osweiler.

tk13
01-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Pretty solid analysis, IMO. Smith with a bullet, and then a group of QBs about even. The biggest surprise is that Jones is a part of this group.

NFL Comparison: Matt Cassel

Sign him up!

milkman
01-19-2013, 11:29 PM
This would be interesting if we had prvious draft's ratings to compare.

As it stands, they have Geno at 3 points below "generational type"

DeezNutz
01-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Funny part is their #1 QB's comparison is Aaron Brooks. And their comparison for #2 is Osweiler.

Complements Smith's "ultra-conservative" nature, I suppose. Obviously the authors of this site have watched the player a lot.

Still better than the Landry Jones comp, which made me salivate.

DeezNutz
01-19-2013, 11:31 PM
NFL Comparison: Matt Cassel

Sign him up!

And you beat me by moments, you SOB.

Priest31kc
01-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Geno at 93.0 and the next QB at 85.8........But let's draft a LT or DT and wait until the 2nd or 3rd round to draft the 3rd or 4th or 5th or 6th best QB!!!!11!!

tk13
01-19-2013, 11:32 PM

Compared to the other positions even, Geno ranks pretty highly. I believe the two highest grades are for Warmack and Joeckel. Those two guys and Dee Milner are the only ones with higher grades than Geno.

Chiefnj2
01-19-2013, 11:33 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position

last year.

Using their grading system Smith would have been ranked below Griffin and above Tannehill.

RINGLEADER
01-19-2013, 11:34 PM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:qb

HolyHat
01-19-2013, 11:34 PM
They compare Zac Dysert to Big Ben...apparently he is a raper

milkman
01-19-2013, 11:35 PM

last year.

Using their grading system Smith would have been ranked below Griffin and above Tannehill.

How would you go about finding previous drafts?

Chiefnj2
01-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Dysert getting compared to Big Ben.

DeezNutz
01-19-2013, 11:36 PM
They compare Zac Dysert to Big Ben...apparently he is a raper

Lots of creativity to make this comp since they come from completely different collegiate backgrounds.

RunKC
01-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Landry Jones rated ahead of Nassib and Glennon?

That's a joke right?

Chiefnj2
01-19-2013, 11:37 PM
How would you go about finding previous drafts?

I don't know. I think they may have changed services between 2011 and 2012. IIRC the format of the reports changed a few years back.

DeezNutz
01-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Nassib isn't a legit prospect. Third-rounder, just like Jones.

milkman
01-19-2013, 11:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:qb

I was hoping to see how QBs in drafts prior to last year stack up.

I've said that I think Geno is better prospect than all but a couple of guys from the '06 to '10 drafts.

tk13

last year.

That sounds about right to me.

HolyHat
Lots of creativity to make this comp since they come from completely different collegiate backgrounds.

Hi, my name is Fred and I take life way too serious. merp,merp

Priest31kc
01-19-2013, 11:41 PM

last year.

Soooo Geno is 6 points higher than Tannehill, who went 8th overall last year behind Andrew Luck & RG3....But Geno isn't worth taking just 7 spots higher!!!

Seriously, go look at the mock drafts on NFL.com. 4 of the 6 have us taking Joeckel with the other 2 Geno...2 of the 4 have the Cards taking him at 7 and another with the Raiders taking him 3rd...

How fucking stupid are these dumbasses? Geno's worth the #3 pick but not the 1st? The 7th pick but not #1 overall?

I don't get it.

Chiefnj2
01-19-2013, 11:41 PM

I've said that I think Geno is better prospect than all but a couple of guys from the '06 to '10 drafts.

They used a different system on a 10-1 scale. Rarely, if ever, would a player ever break a 9.0.

RunKC
01-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Jesus Christ Russell Wilson was a 68?

Talk about losing credibility. Wilson was one of the most prepared and ready QB prospects in a long time.

Frankie
01-19-2013, 11:42 PM
I would rank both Wilson and Glennon above Barkley.

tk13
01-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Go look up Tavon Austin's NFL comparison. Most on this board will be delighted.

milkman
01-19-2013, 11:44 PM

Let me guess.

Dexter McCluster.

DeezNutz
01-19-2013, 11:44 PM

DMC? Pelvic thrusts in anticipation...

Chiefnj2
01-19-2013, 11:45 PM

Talk about losing credibility. Wilson was one of the most prepared and ready QB prospects in a long time.

Read his analysis that they did.

tk13
LMAO You guys are sharp. If we can just get Landry Jones and Austin, we won't miss a beat offensively.

HolyHat
He's a spitting image of Dexter, he made the move from RB to WR in college though...so Austin should be much better prepared then McClusterfuck

milkman
01-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Let me guess.

Dexter McCluster.

I was right.

:facepalm:

DeezNutz
01-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Austin reminds me more of Wes Welker.

Frankie
01-20-2013, 12:16 AM
I didn't read the whole thing but from what I read black QBs are compared to black QBs and white ones to whites. I wonder if an editor should have caught that.

saphojunkie
01-20-2013, 12:45 AM
I didn't read the whole thing but from what I read black QBs are compared to black QBs and white ones to whites. I wonder if an editor should have caught that.

Yeah I saw that too.

-King-
01-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Manti Teo's comparison is Ray Lewis LMAO

Setsuna
01-20-2013, 02:14 AM
Bray is #2!? Shiiiit! He might not make it to the 2nd round. I'll be so pissed guys.

Edit: EJ Manuel is 3rd!!!!!???? Credibility WAY OUT the window. Panic diminished.

Sorter
01-20-2013, 02:21 AM
Bray is #2!? Shiiiit! He might not make it to the 2nd round. I'll be so pissed guys.

Edit: EJ Manuel is 3rd!!!!!???? Credibility WAY OUT the window. Panic diminished.

Yup.

Were these guys high when they did this?

tk13
01-20-2013, 02:25 AM
I believe Mayock was propping up Manuel the other day too. He's a big guy with mobility. If Christian Ponder can be taken at 12 and Jake Locker in the top 10, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody reached up and picked him.

Tribal Warfare
01-20-2013, 02:50 AM

If he interviews well, I can definitely see that.

the Talking Can
01-20-2013, 03:50 AM
85-95 Immediate Starter 1st
An impact player with the ability/intangibles to become a Pro Bowl player. Expect to start immediately except in a unique situation (i.e. behind a veteran starter).

smith is the best QB in the draft, by a significant margin, and that is pretty much unanimous at this point....mocked in the top 4 in pretty much every draft...

but let's trade down and get him in the second, or just take QB #5 because troll #6 did 'research' on youtube...

the Talking Can
01-20-2013, 03:52 AM

last year.

pretty much bingo

jspchief
01-20-2013, 04:17 AM
James Vandenberg making any NFL list is grounds for execution.

mdchiefsfan
01-20-2013, 06:40 AM
When was this review written?

BOTTOM LINE Though Smith has had his ups and down as a passer in West Virginia's prolific spread offense, NFL general managers appreciate his ultra-competitive nature, athleticism, arm strength, and quick delivery. If he continues to improve his accuracy throughout 2012, teams will consider him a future playmaker and leader, making him a first-round lock.

Red Dawg
01-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Dysert getting compared to Big Ben.

He is being underrated. Probably should be two. That kid is a winner and if for some nutball reason we dont get Geno then I hope we take Dysert. Probably would not happen though with Emmanuel being a better mobility QB for Reids offense.

Chiefnj2
01-20-2013, 08:41 AM
IIRC, these grades will stay constant and not change because of the Sr. Bowl or combine. That's what happened last year and they were still pretty accurate with respect to when players would be drafted and the positional order.

Manila-Chief
01-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Geno at 93.0 and the next QB at 85.8........But let's draft a LT or DT and wait until the 2nd or 3rd round to draft the 3rd or 4th or 5th or 6th best QB!!!!11!!

I fully agree with you. In fact if they DON'T trade down &/or take Geno or Wilson in the first ... (yes, being aware of Russel Wilson was taken later) then, I'd just as soon they not draft a QB in the 2nd. Take a quality player at another position that will help us more.

I really like Clark hiring Dorsey ... like his scouting background (maybe that is why ***** was terrible at drafting and Haley had problems with him), but I'm afraid Dorsey will bypass a QB in the 1st. because of his stupid BPA ... then he'll have to piece together 3rd. tier QB's ... we'll win games but never get close to the SB because we don't have the QB. Look I'm no talent scout, but it seems to me Geno is exactly the QB who will flourish under Andy ... therefore, if that is true, even if there are 31 players ahead of him on the BPA ... you need a QB that you think will flourish ... you take him. To heck with BPA!!!

He can say BPA because Green Bay has had 2 ... not 1 but 2 elite QB's. You can draft a Rodgers late in the first round as BPA when you have Farve. But, elite QB's are difficult to come by, so you better take him when you have a chance. Yes, draft BPA when your need is at other position, coz there is more opportunities to fill them.

I'm concerned because of the Jake Long illustration ... Miami passed on Matt Ryan to draft Long. But, what good did Long do them without a QB?

BryanBusby
01-20-2013, 12:46 PM

Do you really need the answer?

Frankie
01-20-2013, 01:09 PM
smith is the best QB in the draft, by a significant margin, and that is pretty much unanimous at this point....

No. He might be the best prospect based on what we know, but NOT "by a significant margin." Not pre-combine anyway.

James Vandenberg making any NFL list is grounds for execution.

ROFL

I noticed that too.

ROFL

Frankie
01-20-2013, 01:11 PM

Last year. I was gonna mention that last night, but went to bed instead. Glad you brought it up.

tk13
01-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Schefter was just on ESPN, saying that talking to people around the league, right now he expects Matt Barkley to be the first QB taken in the draft.

Priest31kc
01-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Schefter was just on ESPN, saying that talking to people around the league, right now he expects Matt Barkley to be the first QB taken in the draft.

Saw that too.

Retarded.

Priest31kc
01-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Russell Lande ‏@RUSSLANDE
Finally finished charting out all the well known QB's & as it turns out there is a premier QB worth drafting at the top of the 1st round.

{1 of 2} In 1999 Andy Reid drafted Syracuse QB D. McNabb with the # 2 overall pick in the Draft & had great success with him, so in the

2013 NFL Draft I think Andy Reid will draft another Syracuse QB, R. Nassib, but this time with the 1st overall pick to lead the Chiefs!

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-20-2013, 01:27 PM

2013 NFL Draft I think Andy Reid will draft another Syracuse QB, R. Nassib, but this time with the 1st overall pick to lead the Chiefs!

Tribal Warfare
01-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Finally finished charting out all the well known QB's & as it turns out there is a premier QB worth drafting at the top of the 1st round.

{1 of 2} In 1999 Andy Reid drafted Syracuse QB D. McNabb with the # 2 overall pick in the Draft & had great success with him, so in the

Lande has always been a goddamned idiot with player evaluations.

BryanBusby
01-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Russ Lande should lay off the crack cocaine

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm

It would not stun me. MT @RUSSLANDE: I think Andy Reid will draft another Syracuse QB, R. Nassib, with the 1st overall pick to lead Chiefs!

@caplannfl - People can always hold me to my evaluations as I post my reports & rankings for everyone to see & they are based on gradng film

siberian khatru
01-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Complements Smith's "ultra-conservative" nature, I suppose. Obviously the authors of this site have watched the player a lot.

Still better than the Landry Jones comp, which made me salivate.

Read that again, Deez. They wrote "ultra-competitive nature."

siberian khatru
01-20-2013, 01:40 PM
If Geno's Aaron Brooks, he strikes me as a more accurate Brooks.

Saccopoo
01-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Landry Jones rated ahead of Nassib and Glennon?

That's a joke right?

That sounds about right in my book.

Better accuracy, better body, more athletic, better release, pretty good arm, etc.

Jones gets shit around here like most south Big 12 QB's do for some reason, but he's a pretty decent QB prospect.

Jones is a lot better than Glennon, who, in all honesty, isn't accurate at all with his deep balls and goes to shit when the pressure is ratched up in a game. I wouldn't touch Glennon before the 4th round and I'd rather have a guy like Brad Sorenson before Glennon. Easily.

Nassib has a lot of moxy, but he puts the ball into the defenses hands a lot. I look at Nassib and Wilson as very similar, and like Nassib a bit better due to the concussion history.

RustShack
01-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Vandenburg made the list? Wow this year sucks for QB's. either draft Geno or we are fucked.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-20-2013, 01:49 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter predicted on Sunday Countdown that USC's Matt Barkley will be the first quarterback selected in April's draft.
"Mike Glennon and Geno Smith are in contention," Schefter acknowledged. "But when you speak to people around the league, they believe that Matt Barkley from USC -- despite being underwhelming in his stature -- will overwhelm them with his presence during the interview process. They believe that will be enough to propel him to be the top quarterback drafted this April." Although it's extremely early, there has been no separation yet among quarterbacks considered to be potential first-round picks in April. Therefore, Schefter's prediction is believable. A shoulder injury will keep Barkley from participating in next week's Senior Bowl, but he is expected to be healthy by February's Scouting Combine. Jan 20 - 2:39 PM

Saccopoo
01-20-2013, 01:49 PM

He was/is also 5'10".

Go and list the last guy that was under 6' that had a good career at QB in the NFL.

It doesn't happen.

Wilson has a ton of chutzpah, but if it wasn't for that wacky Pete Carroll, he'd be third string on 31 other teams.

Good for Pete and good for Wilson. I hope it opens the eyes of the coaches and managers in the NFL to give guys a shot.

But in the end, he's basically the QB equivilent of Zac Thomas. Just a freak who has surplus+ drive and determination to make it happen despite the lack of ideal size or whathaveyou.

Saccopoo
01-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm

It would not stun me. MT @RUSSLANDE: I think Andy Reid will draft another Syracuse QB, R. Nassib, with the 1st overall pick to lead Chiefs!

@caplannfl - People can always hold me to my evaluations as I post my reports & rankings for everyone to see & they are based on gradng film

This type of film?:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WhgDOOq3hDY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O2lLS4r_77g?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like Nassib, but he is in no way shape or form anywhere close to what Geno Smith is giving you in all categories. Lande is absolutely fucking nuts.

Talk about total stupidity - Reid drafted a Syracuse QB before, so he'll do it again for sure.

Idiot.

Tribal Warfare
01-20-2013, 01:54 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter predicted on Sunday Countdown that USC's Matt Barkley will be the first quarterback selected in April's draft.
"Mike Glennon and Geno Smith are in contention," Schefter acknowledged. "But when you speak to people around the league, they believe that Matt Barkley from USC -- despite being underwhelming in his stature -- will overwhelm them with his presence during the interview process. They believe that will be enough to propel him to be the top quarterback drafted this April." Although it's extremely early, there has been no separation yet among quarterbacks considered to be potential first-round picks in April. Therefore, Schefter's prediction is believable. A shoulder injury will keep Barkley from participating in next week's Senior Bowl, but he is expected to be healthy by February's Scouting Combine. Jan 20 - 2:39 PM

Who are they?

Saccopoo
01-20-2013, 02:00 PM

What the fuck is this shit?

You know, these guys have to say something stupid from here to the draft to keep people on their tweets and FB and shit.

BossChief
01-20-2013, 02:01 PM
He is also ranked 4th overall...of all players graded.

ArrowheadMagic
01-20-2013, 02:03 PM
He is also ranked 4th overall...of all players graded.

Not to far away from BPA.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-20-2013, 02:04 PM
What the **** is this shit?

You know, these guys have to say something stupid from here to the draft to keep people on their tweets and FB and shit.

Yeah cause Adam has a reason to lie.

keg in kc
01-20-2013, 02:05 PM
He is also ranked 4th overall...of all players graded.So you're saying trade down? :evil:

Rain Man
01-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Not to far away from BPA.

Yeah, but if we go BPA we should be drafting OG Chance Warmack.

(Don't hit me! It was a joke! Draft Geno!)

Rausch
01-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Yeah, but if we go BPA we should be drafting OG Chance Warmack.

(Don't hit me! It was a joke! Draft Geno!)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ASoY9Zh9aQM/Tui7FPCHPsI/AAAAAAAAEBg/zvLQoq_b6eg/s1600/alice.jpg

ChiefsCountry
01-20-2013, 02:47 PM

About fucking time the national media got their shit straight.

Tribal Warfare
01-20-2013, 02:54 PM
About fucking time the national media got their shit straight.

Until his shoulder gets fucked up again.

WhiteWhale
01-20-2013, 04:02 PM

Smith is a black QB who doesn't run around a lot...so naturally he can only be compared to another black QB who didn't run around a lot, even though he sucked.

I always thought it was funny how NFL scouts and analysts seem to think players can only be compared with players of the same skin color. There's a word for that kind of thinking... racist.

RealSNR
01-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Geno could show up to his interview high, wearing the uniform at his weekly Finish The Final Solution rally, while biting the heads off puppies, and I'd still take him over Barkley.

Frankie
01-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Geno could show up to his interview high, wearing the uniform at his weekly Finish The Final Solution rally, while biting the heads off puppies, and I'd still take him over Barkley.

Both Wilson and Glennon are a lot closer to Geno than Barkley. I don't want Barkley at all.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
01-21-2013, 03:41 AM
And my alma mater, SMSU or Missouri State as it's now called, has not ONE player entering the draft. My school sucks! *High five*

Actually I think that school has always been ass in football since...well, as long as I can remember.

kepp
01-21-2013, 08:32 AM
And my alma mater, SMSU or Missouri State as it's now called, has not ONE player entering the draft. My school sucks! *High five*

Actually I think that school has always been ass in football since...well, as long as I can remember.

I went to SMSU also. I never paid any attention to the football games. I went to one the entire time I was there, and that was because my friends and I were smashed and just wandered in.

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2013, 09:25 AM

How the hell does my fine alma mater allow a piece of a shit Raider fan in.

O.city
01-21-2013, 05:37 PM
MSU grad here, we have a few guys playing. OL for the Boys, TE in Philly.

silver5liter
01-21-2013, 06:29 PM

They dont list any for Missouri Western either, but our DE David Bass is projected to get drafted. Possibly RB Michael Hill as well.

htismaqe
01-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Terry Allen is the MO State coach, right?

A lady I work with's son plays DT for Terry Allen - pretty sure it is MO State.

O.city
01-21-2013, 07:44 PM

Yeah, he was there when I was in school. Not sure if he still is.

htismaqe
01-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Yeah, he was there when I was in school. Not sure if he still is.

I believe this kid was a junior last year, so Allen is probably still there.

Rambozo
01-21-2013, 09:12 PM

Sounds about right to me. I have though about Geno comparing to Brooks before but didn't speak up because I was afraid of getting killed for it. Brooks was a good QB. They have Wilson comparing to Matt Hasselback. I love that comparison... Others that are noteworthy are Barkley compared to Bulger and Glennon compared to Flacco.

htismaqe
01-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Sounds about right to me. I have though about Geno comparing to Brooks before but was afraid of getting killed for it. Brooks was a good QB. They have Wilson comparing to Matt Hasselback. I love that comparison... Others that are noteworthy are Barkley compared to Bulger and Glennon compared to Flacco.

Seriously?

Aaron Brooks, in college, wasn't anything like Geno. Geno's completion percentage alone was like 10 full percentage points higher...

Rambozo
01-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Seriously?

Aaron Brooks, in college, wasn't anything like Geno. Geno's completion percentage alone was like 10 full percentage points higher...

He's built like Brooks, he moves like Brooks, his arm is like Brooks, and his throwing motion is like Brooks. I see Aaron Brooks all the time when I watch him. I'm not talking stats. I am talking about the tools.

He really looks just like him...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QPoQNSGeqKM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yFVnDLNMV4M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2013, 09:22 PM

Yes that POS is still Missouri State's coach. By the way the Bears play in Iowa City this fall.

O.city
01-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Allen is awful. Perpetual mediocrity is his ceiling.

htismaqe
01-21-2013, 09:24 PM
He's built like Brooks, he moves like Brooks, his arm is like Brooks, and his throwing motion is like Brooks. I see Aaron Brooks all the time when I watch him. I'm not talking stats. I am talking about the tools.

He has better ball velocity, better placement, and a much better "feel" for openings than Brooks.

Rambozo
01-21-2013, 09:32 PM
He has better ball velocity, better placement, and a much better "feel" for openings than Brooks.

I agree man. I am just saying when you watch them play, they look like twins. I think Geno will be a better QB. I posted some links to Brooks footage in the post above. Check it out man and you'll see what I mean.

Tribal Warfare
01-21-2013, 09:33 PM

He doesn't get as flustered when the play breaks down too

htismaqe
01-21-2013, 09:42 PM
I agree man. I am just saying when you watch them play, they look like twins. I think Geno will be a better QB. I posted some links to Brooks footage in the post above. Check it out man and you'll see what I mean.

No, I've seen Brooks play. I know what you're getting at.

It's just that saying something like that around here will get latched onto.

The next 3 days, the Geno thread will be nothing but "he's the next Aaron Brooks".

J Diddy
01-21-2013, 11:19 PM
He was/is also 5'10".

Go and list the last guy that was under 6' that had a good career at QB in the NFL.

It doesn't happen.

Wilson has a ton of chutzpah, but if it wasn't for that wacky Pete Carroll, he'd be third string on 31 other teams.

Good for Pete and good for Wilson. I hope it opens the eyes of the coaches and managers in the NFL to give guys a shot.

But in the end, he's basically the QB equivilent of Zac Thomas. Just a freak who has surplus+ drive and determination to make it happen despite the lack of ideal size or whathaveyou.

Dude Brees is 6'0. Is that inch that big of a difference?

DaneMcCloud
01-21-2013, 11:25 PM
No, I've seen Brooks play. I know what you're getting at.

It's just that saying something like that around here will get latched onto.

The next 3 days, the Geno thread will be nothing but "he's the next Aaron Brooks".

Brooks was also originally drafted by Green Bay.

Aaron Brooks had all the tools to be a Franchise QB except one: Love of the game.

Gravedigger
01-21-2013, 11:40 PM

Racism scale be off da chains homie!

Gravedigger
01-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Also I was going to say we could look up Aaron Brooks highlights to compare to Geno's but.... who are we kidding.

Rambozo
01-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Also I was going to say we could look up Aaron Brooks highlights to compare to Geno's but.... who are we kidding.

I posted links. Go back and look. Are you seriously calling me racist for comparing him to Brooks without watching the film? That is about as sad as it gets. The defense of Geno is becoming sickening. It's starting to make me not like him. I gotta stay away from the Geno talk or soon it will be "Genot" for me.

htismaqe
01-22-2013, 07:28 AM
I posted links. Go back and look. Are you seriously calling me racist for comparing him to Brooks without watching the film? That is about as sad as it gets. The defense of Geno is becoming sickening. It's starting to make me not like him. I gotta stay away from the Geno talk or soon it will be "Genot" for me.

Looks to me like he was being sarcastic.

And I don't see a "defense" of Geno anywhere in his post.

For all of the talk about the Genobators, some of you guys have SERIOUSLY fragile egos.

htismaqe
01-22-2013, 07:29 AM

Aaron Brooks had all the tools to be a Franchise QB except one: Love of the game.

I don't agree.

Brooks would thread the needle on one play and overthrow by 15 yards the next.

His accuracy issues prevented him from ever being anything other than just good.

Rambozo
01-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Looks to me like he was being sarcastic.

And I don't see a "defense" of Geno anywhere in his post.

It's hard to tell sometimes. People play the race card with Geno here all the time. It's pretty funny imo. Funny but, sad....

BossChief
01-22-2013, 08:33 AM
It's hard to tell sometimes. People play the race card with Geno here all the time. It's pretty funny imo. Funny but, sad....

What's sad is people comparing Geno to Vince Young, Jamarcus Russel, Mike Vick and other quarterbacks that don't compare AT ALL to Geno Smith...just because they have the same skin pigment.

Rausch
01-22-2013, 08:33 AM
It's hard to tell sometimes. People play the race card with Geno here all the time.

Not really.

Geno is by far the best prospect out there and KC is known nation wide for BBQ and fat white women...

htismaqe
01-22-2013, 09:15 AM
What's sad is people comparing Geno to Vince Young, Jamarcus Russel, Mike Vick and other quarterbacks that don't compare AT ALL to Geno Smith...just because they have the same skin pigment.

Yep.

BigMeatballDave
01-22-2013, 09:19 AM
Aaron Brooks had all the tools to be a Franchise QB

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SHIFLNWZBfA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WhiteWhale
01-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Dude Brees is 6'0. Is that inch that big of a difference?

Brees is listed at six feet.

I'm a quarter inch under six feet. I am taller than Drew Brees. I know this for a fact.

He's not six feet tall.

WhiteWhale
01-22-2013, 09:45 AM

And he had a ten cent brain.

I don't know a Saints fan that didn't hate Aaron Brooks. The offenses he played on were stacked to the moon and could have been better.

RealSNR
01-22-2013, 09:46 AM

Dat ain't raycizum. Ah don see no whaht shayuts ur burnin' crawses anaywhayuhr

Dave Lane
01-22-2013, 09:46 AM

They don't have anything prior to 2011 apparently.

Dave Lane
01-22-2013, 09:52 AM
I don't agree.

His accuracy issues prevented him from ever being anything other than just good.

Him being an idiot was a major contributor. He and Jafatass set black QBs back 10 years.

01-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Did anybody else notice on FB that KC Chiefs are pimping Glennon today?

JFC this team is stupid to even be looking at him. thanks Kiper.

ChiefMojo
01-22-2013, 10:31 AM
I believe the Chiefs (Ginger) will be interviewing Wilson today. Probably just making their rounds with the top QB's.

01-22-2013, 10:34 AM
I believe the Chiefs (Ginger) will be interviewing Wilson today. Probably just making their rounds with the top QB's.

Most likely but I hate that the first 1 on 1 they have to put out there is the Kiper QB that nobody in their right mind wants.

Wumbology
01-22-2013, 10:37 AM

Yeah I saw that. I couldn't bring mysel to look at comments though. We might have the dumbest fanbase in the nfl based on what I've seen commented on posts from SOC.

01-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Yeah I saw that. I couldn't bring mysel to look at comments though. We might have the dumbest fanbase in the nfl based on what I've seen commented on posts from SOC.

Pissed me off how many posted there is no QB in this draft worthy of the #1 pick.

No shit?

There is no PLAYER in this draft worthy of the #1 pick either. So why not draft what you fucking need.

ChiefMojo
01-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Nassib and Dysert have been struggling. Wilson and Glennon the two best QB's at the Senior Bowl so far.

The Franchise
01-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Scott Wright ‏@DraftCountdown

Mike Glennon of North Carolina St. the most impressive of six QBs at Senior Bowl by far. Can really spin it. Easy guy to fall in love with.

Not that North Carolina St. QB Mike Glennon has been perfect but a lot more positives than negatives. Looking forward to 11-on-11's.

Frankie
01-22-2013, 11:38 AM

I believe the Chiefs WILL draft a quarterback in the first two rounds. But most likely AT VALUE. So they would be wise to really study up on all of them, including Glennon.

They will take Geno Smith at the top of the draft under one of three conditions:

1- If he will prove after combine data is collected that top of the draft IS his value.

2- If 1 is not the case but there is no one else clearly worthy of the top pick.

3- If 1 is not the case but there is no trade down offer. (Basically 2 and 3 are the same)

01-22-2013, 11:57 AM
I believe the Chiefs WILL draft a quarterback in the first two rounds. But most likely AT VALUE. So they would be wise to really study up on all of them, including Glennon.

They will take Geno Smith at the top of the draft under one of three conditions:

1- If he will prove after combine data is collected that top of the draft IS his value.

2- If 1 is not the case but there is no one else clearly worthy of the top pick.

3- If 1 is not the case but there is no trade down offer. (Basically 2 and 3 are the same)

So the Chiefs are drafting Geno then. heh

Rambozo
01-22-2013, 12:02 PM

This :thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-22-2013, 12:04 PM

Yep. I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Elway.

All fucking day long.

01-22-2013, 12:05 PM

Elway.

All ****ing day long.

I don't think I would go that far.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-22-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't think I would go that far.

I have gone that fucking far, and I am NOT coming back.:D

01-22-2013, 12:08 PM
I have gone that ****ing far, and I am NOT coming back.:D

Well, you are definitely too far gone if you are saying that.LMAO

DaneMcCloud
01-22-2013, 12:14 PM
I don't agree.

I have a good friend from Los Angeles that was a bartender in N.O. during the Brooks era. He said the dude was out partying every single night, including before and after the games. Several of his fellow teammates were unhappy with his behavior and the Saints were fed up with his lack of dedications let him walk.

The guy could have been special but just didn't give a shit.

htismaqe
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
I have a good friend from Los Angeles that was a bartender in N.O. during the Brooks era. He said the dude was out partying every single night, including before and after the games. Several of his fellow teammates were unhappy with his behavior and the Saints were fed up with his lack of dedications let him walk.

The guy could have been special but just didn't give a shit.

He didn't have the skill set to be "special" coming out of college.

This came up originally as a comparison to Geno - there's really no comparison. Geno is consistently accurate with the ball, Brooks wasn't.

Rambozo
01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
He didn't have the skill set to be "special" coming out of college.

meh, they say that about a lot of guys who turn out to be good. Brooks was a good QB for a while. Also, I haven't heard anyone say Geno has a "special" skill set. No offense but, I haven't heard it.

htismaqe
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
meh, they say that about a lot of guys who turn out to be good. Brooks was a good QB for a while. Also, I haven't heard anyone say Geno has a "special" skill set. No offense but, I haven't heard it.

Dude, just stop talking.

Geno Smith is an infinitely better prospect than Aaron Brooks. It isn't even close.

Buckweath
01-22-2013, 05:37 PM
ANybody has noticed Smith has been downgraded from 93 to 91?

HotCarl
01-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Like I always say, too risky. Can't miss on a tackle that high. Just can't. Mmmm tackles.

Setsuna
01-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Thought Senior Bowl was this Saturday wtf?

Tribal Warfare
01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Thought Senior Bowl was this Saturday wtf?

it is

Setsuna
01-22-2013, 06:12 PM
it is

Then WTH is this crap?

Mike Glennon of North Carolina St. the most impressive of six QBs at Senior Bowl by far. Can really spin it. Easy guy to fall in love with.

Not that North Carolina St. QB Mike Glennon has been perfect but a lot more positives than negatives. Looking forward to 11-on-11's.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-22-2013, 06:14 PM

Elway.

All fucking day long.

Sweet Dick has gone all in folks

Tribal Warfare
01-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Then WTH is this crap?

Matt Cassel bullshit, looks great in practice shits himself during games.

The Franchise
01-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Then WTH is this crap?

It means he was impressive in practice. He's looking forward to seeing him play during the game.

Setsuna
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
It means he was impressive in practice. He's looking forward to seeing him play during the game.

Ahh I see. Thank you sir. :D

01-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Matt Cassel bullshit, looks great in practice shits himself during games.

Wrong. Cassel doesn't even look good in practice.

Tribal Warfare
01-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Wrong. Cassel doesn't even look good in practice.

well apparently in TC he was the second coming of Trent Green

01-22-2013, 06:53 PM
well apparently in TC he was the second coming of Trent Green

consider his competition. LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Sweet Dick has gone all in folks

LMAO

ChiefMojo
01-24-2013, 12:14 PM
There is a lot to like about Glennon. Tall, big arm, can make all the throws, etc. his issue is his bad feet and struggling getting laterally. His bad feet allows defenders to catch up on a route. He is a classic statue Coryell QB that if given the time will tear you apart. He gets flat footed in the pocket on any occasions which makes him throw down and low to receivers.

Glennon has the tools but he has God given limitations that will be hard to overcome. Not to mention he won't be coming to KC since he is not a WCO type QB.

Frankie
01-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Man, I just watched the Senior Bowl on my DVR. What a sorry display of QB play. :( ESPECIALLY Landry Jones who looked exactly like Matt Cassel with worse foot work.

RyFo18
01-28-2013, 11:28 PM
No joke, that is exactly how I had the top 6 in my mind.

Chiefnj2
02-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Bumping because the site has changed a bunch of grades. Now they have

Smith 91.0
Dysert 83.5
Wilson 83.5
Barkley 82.0
Glennon 79.4
Nassib 78.7
Manuel 68.7

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 10:02 AM

Smith 91.0
Dysert 83.5
Wilson 83.5
Barkley 82.0
Glennon 79.4
Nassib 78.7
Manuel 68.7

I posted these the other day in a new thread. For some reason, I couldn't find this one.

King_Chief_Fan
02-01-2013, 10:04 AM

Smith 91.0
Dysert 83.5
Wilson 83.5
Barkley 82.0
Glennon 79.4
Nassib 78.7
Manuel 68.7

and Alex Smith's is 104.....what's the point?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-01-2013, 10:51 AM
sweet. The choice is beoming clearer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
02-01-2013, 10:53 AM
and Alex Smith's is 104.....what's the point?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m97esrlOaO1rd9q6po1_500.gif