PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Forget the draft - radio hosts and callers already rationalizing starter MATT CASSEL?

htismaqe
01-21-2013, 10:39 AM
I don't get it.

I FULLY understand that not everybody is convinced that we should, or even will, draft a QB to start next year.

But what is it with the last few days of people talking about MATT FUCKING CASSEL as next year's starter?

Caller after caller to 810. TJ Carpenter on Friday night telling everybody to be prepared for Matt Cassel because Reid can "fix him". Petro talking today about Reid being able to get "another 2010" out of Cassel.

Is this just a case of battered fan syndrome? Does anybody REALLY think Matt Cassel starting next year is a realistic scenario?

Deberg_1990
01-21-2013, 10:41 AM
is it time to re-activate the SOC and roll out the Declaration of Independence Matt Cassel again?

Dayze
01-21-2013, 10:41 AM
there is zero reason why Cassel should ever be a starter for the Chiefs again.

accomplishing this either by FA, and/or draft; either is better than Cassel as an option.

I'd say probably 75% of fans in this town don't get it. they don't see what the NFL has evolved into. Game Managers are a thing of the past.

OnTheWarpath15
01-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Dumbest fanbase in the NFL.

Daru
01-21-2013, 10:44 AM
Cassel 2010 sucked. Destroyed by Ravens in only game that had worth. Cassel is Chiefs herpes until cut. Ugh I hate this now I'm mad but look for Reid to destroy Cassel from roster.Yes.

Easy 6
01-21-2013, 10:44 AM
I cant believe people are still even thinking about him, i forget he exists until someone says the name.

Those people are the cream of the crop of harebrained idiots.

Buehler445
01-21-2013, 10:45 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30325332.jpg

BigMeatballDave
If Reid has looked at game film, there is NO WAY Cassel is around next season. Not with all those turnovers. Not to mention the cap money it would save.

It was worse than Vick.

DaFace

accomplishing this either by FA, and/or draft; either is better than Cassel as an option.

I'd say probably 75% of fans in this town don't get it. they don't see what the NFL has evolved into. Game Managers are a thing of the past.

Yep. From my perspective, we should go into next season with:

1. A veteran FA guy to provide some semblance of leadership, who will hopefully quickly lose the job to...
2. A 1st round draft pick who can sit on the bench for a while if #1 is doing OK, but will be expected to be starting by 2014 at the latest and...
3. Some scrub to be there as a backup for #1 and #2. Though some would hate it, I wouldn't care if this was Cassel, as long as there's no expectation that he goes anywhere near the starting job. But I'd much rather it be a late-round draft pick who we can try to develop for competition for #2.

Dayze
if Cassel could've been 'fixed' ....he would have been at USC, or under a HOF QB.

if he can't learn / become better in those scenarios/situations, he can't be fixed.

KCUnited
01-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Fescoe has been passively homering for Cassel to start for 2 weeks now.

Buehler445
01-21-2013, 10:47 AM
If Reid has looked at game film, there is NO WAY Cassel is around next season. Not with all those turnovers. Not to mention the cap money it would save.

It was worse than Vick.

Cassel has decent mobility. But he has no short intermediate or long range accuracy. At all. And his long throws are laughable.

Imon Yourside
01-21-2013, 10:47 AM
I heard Soren saying all the experts agree there isn't a QB worth taking #1 overrall, same old tired BS. I guess we can not only NOT draft a QB but this means we're stuck with Casshole........ It's quite frankly disgusting.

Saccopoo
01-21-2013, 10:49 AM
He's obviously a good guy with experience in the league. He'll make a nice backup. On someone else's team.

The fuck that someone is saying this shit is ridiculous.

This prick chomper already stole 60 million dollars from this franchise.

We've done everything we've needed to do to move this team on and into a new direction but one last thing. Cassel.

Cut his ass. Now.

And whoever says Reid is going to polish this turd up can stick a flaming pitchfork up their ass.

DeezNutz
We're quickly moving into a dead period in terms of KC sports. No one in the city, generally speaking, gives a shit about the NBA or NHL. There is only so much mileage that one can get from college basketball. NFL season is over, and viable draft information is scarce. Spring Training isn't really in full gear yet.

Lots of air time to fill with little material to discuss.

Expect a lot of stupid shit because of all of the above.

Dayze
Cassel just needs more weapons. like a LT.

I heard another caller last week calling for us to take Joekel, and franchise Albert and move hiim to guard. lol.

WTF.

Imon Yourside
01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Cassel just needs more weapons. like a LT.

I heard another caller last week calling for us to take Joekel, and franchise Albert and move hiim to guard. lol.

WTF.

All Superbowl Champions have had at least 3 good Left Tackles..Oh wait....strike that

tony77
01-21-2013, 10:52 AM
wtf ? Are people high and stupid? Cassel should of never been an nfl qb in the first place.

siberian khatru
01-21-2013, 10:52 AM
So Cassel's our best option out there. Not a draft choice, not a FA, not a trade. Anybody we acquire won't be as good as Cassel.

And the guy who was benched for Brady Fucking Quinn, who had banners flying around the stadium demanding he be benched, who got cheered (by a few) when he got injured ... all that's gonna be forgotten because Reid will "fix" him.

You do all this change, top to bottom, clean house ... and you start the year with THE symbol of failure of the old regime.

That just makes NO sense to me. NONE.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2013, 10:54 AM
After Cassel's shitshit show last season, Reid will not let this happen.

It's just radio tards drumming up callers.

Saccopoo
01-21-2013, 10:55 AM
1. A veteran FA guy to provide some semblance of leadership, who will hopefully quickly lose the job to...

Jason Campbell. Good skills, good arm, experience in the league. Is at the point of his career where he'll happily take a backup role to a new #1 pick.

2. A 1st round draft pick who can sit on the bench for a while if #1 is doing OK, but will be expected to be starting by 2014 at the latest and...

Geno Smith. And you start him immediately. Good offensive line, great running game, good receivers (if Bowe is signed), good TE's (if Boss comes back healthy and Moeaki gets his confidence back and a good defense to support him. Good HC that's successfully groomed QBs. There is no way that you put Geno on the bench behind anyone. Start him, let him know that it's his team and let it roll.

3. Some scrub to be there as a backup for #1 and #2. Though some would hate it, I wouldn't care if this was Cassel, as long as there's no expectation that he goes anywhere near the starting job. But I'd much rather it be a late-round draft pick who we can try to develop for competition for #2.

Later round QB in the 2013 draft.

No Stanzi, no Quinn, no Cassel.

It's time to pull out the wash cloth and scrub the last of the filth from the Pioli/Crennel regime away.

bevischief
jfc

Imon Yourside

I'm not convinced having heard Reid himself say that was his first priority to fix what we have.

the Talking Can
01-21-2013, 10:56 AM
i refuse to believe that reid took this job just to acquire aids....

Dayze
01-21-2013, 10:57 AM

yeah; pretty much.

1/2 the time I almost think it's people /employees calling from the office just to stir up shit.

Dayze
01-21-2013, 10:57 AM

LMAO

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Dumbest fanbase in the NFL.

While I do agree, I think it is more of just not knowing any better.

Seems most are stuck in the 90s.

That is why they think drafting a LT #1 is a good idea.

tony77
01-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Anyone with football knowledge knows that he never was anything. In 2010 that was all bs. That yr was all charles and short to mid range passes. The only reason he made the probowl was because pioli asked brady to sit out with a bs injury. All to make pioli appear like he knew a damn thing.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2013, 11:00 AM

This....same with Dorsey. They came in to clean house and continue their legacies.

Cassel is a huge reason why this team was 2-14.

Rasputin
01-21-2013, 11:01 AM
No worries here. I'd be surprised if he is still on the team by March. I think Clark Hunt has seen enough of Matt Cassell like the rest of us. He said we have to get better QB play. That just doesn't fit Matt Cassell being here. He is not going to impress Coach Read during OTAs. No worries here.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2013, 11:01 AM
I'm not convinced having heard Reid himself say that was his first priority to fix what we have.

Sometimes 'fixing' means getting rid of.

Imon Yourside
01-21-2013, 11:02 AM

I'm waiting for that, anything else is unacceptable.

Dayze

"We fixed....the glitch"

tony77
Well blame 610 they are keeping this crap going day after day.

WhiteWhale
01-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Cassel has decent mobility. But he has no short intermediate or long range accuracy. At all. And his long throws are laughable.

Also, while moving, Cassel is incapable of looking down the field.

When Cassel runs, it's "Oh shit I need to get the **** out of here" and it usually results in a 2 yard gain or a sack. He can't evade pressure and keep his eyes downfield. He struggles to do either one independent of the other...

Just another thing in the long list of things good QB's do that Cassel never has.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Doesnt Cassel have a big increase in salary/bonus if hes not cut by a certain date?

Fat Elvis
It will be Mattastic!

the Talking Can
This....same with Dorsey. They came in to clean house and continue their legacies.

and cap reasons will make it even easier to cut him...

Cassel is part of the pioli stink...he is not respected on the field by his teammates, he is gone...

stevenidol
01-21-2013, 11:05 AM
OP doesn't seem to understand how talk radio works. It's not about talking about something you think is true, it's about talking about something that will engage the listeners and give them something to respond to.

Of course you took the bait, and gave them free pub while overreacting.

+1 to you sir.

okoye35chiefs
01-21-2013, 11:12 AM
that name should never be allowed to be muttered around here..unless you are going number 2

Dayze
01-21-2013, 11:15 AM
OP doesn't seem to understand how talk radio works. It's not about talking about something you think is true, it's about talking about something that will engage the listeners and give them something to respond to.

+1 to you sir.

Thanks Fescoe.

kc rush
01-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Jason Campbell. Good skills, good arm, experience in the league. Is at the point of his career where he'll happily take a backup role to a new #1 pick.

Geno Smith. And you start him immediately. Good offensive line, great running game, good receivers (if Bowe is signed), good TE's (if Boss comes back healthy and Moeaki gets his confidence back and a good defense to support him. Good HC that's successfully groomed QBs. There is no way that you put Geno on the bench behind anyone. Start him, let him know that it's his team and let it roll.

It's time to pull out the wash cloth and scrub the last of the filth from the *****/Crennel regime away.

With you on all of these. I wouldn't mind seeing trick shot compete again for the 3rd spot, but I'd bring in plenty of competition though.

stonedstooge
01-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Hunt couldn't possibly be ignorant enough to think rolling Casshole out there will sell season tickets could he?

FloridaMan88
01-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Barry Koolaid has to be behind this pro-Cassel movement.

CoMoChief
01-21-2013, 11:26 AM
is it time to re-activate the SOC and roll out the Declaration of Independence Matt Cassel again?

LMAO.....man i sure as fuck hope not

Dayze
01-21-2013, 11:29 AM
as many have stated, this is just drumme dup for radio.

NO way Reid goes in with Cassel as the starter. He'll have 4 years of game tape to watch the suckage that is Matt Cassel.

Plus I'm sure Reid told Clark "...ok, so our contract numbers look good. What about Cassel "

Clark "Fuck him; "

Ace Gunner
01-21-2013, 11:33 AM
we need 35,000 small paper bags full of fresh poop.
we also need volunteers to distribute them door to door and lite them on fire.

burningpooponcasselfansdoorstep.com

thx

CoMoChief
01-21-2013, 11:34 AM
We need a **** filter for Matt Cassel's name as well.

It's absolutely deserved.

FringeNC
01-21-2013, 11:35 AM
If I constructed a probability table of my guesses for the Chiefs 2013 starting QB, I'd have Geno Smith and Matt Flynn at the top with about .25 each, guys like Barkley and Wilson and couple others at about .10, and Matt Cassel with less than a .01.

Red Dawg
01-21-2013, 12:03 PM

It was worse than Vick.

Obviously. Any thought of him being on fhe roster is crazy. If he is then Andy and Dorsey are going fail. The fans cant stand him and huge part of their job this year for sure is to fix the relationship with the kc fan base. Keeping Matt will not help at all. He has no talent and they had better see that. How can they not cut him. Nobody in the nfl world thinks he is any good at all.

htismaqe
01-21-2013, 12:05 PM

+1 to you sir.

You COMPLETELY missed the point.

I understand how talk radio works.

As you might have noticed had you bothered to comprehend the OP, caller after caller think keeping Matt Cassel as a starter is a GOOD IDEA.

Would it have been easier to understand if I had just worded the OP to say "is this fanbase functionally retarded?"

Lex Luthor
01-21-2013, 12:21 PM

It's time to pull out the wash cloth and scrub the last of the filth from the *****/Crennel regime away.
You have described the perfect scenario. Let's all hope this is how it plays out.

Fire Me Boy!
01-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Yep. From my perspective, we should go into next season with:

I'd still like to give the No. 3 spot to Alex Tanney.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Wow....just wow

Pasta Little Brioni
01-21-2013, 12:24 PM
People are so afraid of drafting a QB that they would rather go with a vet we KNOW sucks. Unbelieveable.

BossChief
01-21-2013, 12:27 PM
I bet every retarded caller that wants Cassel to be the starter again, says as much because they shelled out the coin for his jersey.

BigRedChief
01-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Nada chance Reid throws Cassel out there as a starter.

BossChief
01-21-2013, 12:33 PM
If Cassel restructures his deal to make it really cheap, I wouldn't mind him coming back as long as he doesn't see the field unless there is an injury.

I could see Reid parlaying the guy into a mid round pick in the next season or two under this scenario.

RunKC
01-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Andy Reid isn't dumb. He's not going to start that clown.

jd1020
01-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Never too soon to fire Reid if Cassel is still the starter.

DeezNutz
01-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Cassel would make a solid backup, which is what he's always been. Under this condition, I'd have no problem with him remaining on the roster with a restructured (and thus far cheaper) deal.

Cassel hate was always an extension of Pioli disdain.

-King-
01-21-2013, 12:39 PM
You guys pay way too much attention to people/things that don't need any attention.
Posted via Mobile Device

scho63
01-21-2013, 12:40 PM
What would really suck big time for all the STHs is that everyone is pumped by Reid and Dorsey hire and renew their tickets only to see Matt Noodle Arm trotted out as a starter. That would be ridiculous....

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-21-2013, 12:40 PM
If you can listen to the 610 afternoon show for more than two hours. Your brains cells slide down the back of your throat and you develop a speach impediment.

CoMoChief
01-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Cassel would make a solid backup, which is what he's always been. Under this condition, I'd have no problem with him remaining on the roster with a restructured (and thus far cheaper) deal.

Cassel hate was always an extension of ***** disdain.

He'd be a solid backup if he was making only $1M/year.

Doesn't even deserve that considering how much money he's robbed from the Hunt family, I'm just going by the average backup salary (which is more like $1.6M).

keg in kc
01-21-2013, 12:42 PM
We're quickly moving into a dead period in terms of KC sports. No one in the city, generally speaking, gives a shit about the NBA or NHL. There is only so much mileage that one can get from college basketball. NFL season is over, and viable draft information is scarce. Spring Training isn't really in full gear yet.

Expect a lot of stupid shit because of all of the above.Yep.

This is when I tune out until baseball season and the draft.

Although to be honest, I've pretty much stopped listening to sports talk. It's really of minimal value for anything other than eating time. You don't really get any great insight, and predictions and analysis don't really mean anything or have any sort of impact on the outcome of events. It's hours a day of hosts masturbating over the airwaves.

Cannibal
01-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Cassel will be gone.

He is the epitome of the losing ways of the ***** regime. Reid will want eliminate that stench of losing and start fresh I think.

I don't even think he'll be retained as a backup.

wazu
01-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Talk radio would be a lot better if they wouldn't take callers, ever. Everybody who actually calls in seems to be a moron. Even the ones who almost get it right, almost always ruin it at the end with something stupid, or won't get off the line after making their point. I usually flip to another station when some random idiot gets air time.

htismaqe
01-21-2013, 12:54 PM

Cassel hate was always an extension of ***** disdain.

Nah, they were equal. In many ways, a lot of Pioli disdain was fueled by his insistence on elevating Matt Cassel even though it was obvious he didn't deserve it.

saphojunkie
01-21-2013, 12:54 PM

Expect a lot of stupid shit because of all of the above.

Yet another reason why KC should get an NBA team.

htismaqe
01-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Yep.

This is when I tune out until baseball season and the draft.

Although to be honest, I've pretty much stopped listening to sports talk. It's really of minimal value for anything other than eating time. You don't really get any great insight, and predictions and analysis don't really mean anything or have any sort of impact on the outcome of events. It's hours a day of hosts masturbating over the airwaves.

Unfortunately, I have the choice between that and silence. I can't listen to music and get any work done.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-21-2013, 01:22 PM
I don't get it.

I FULLY understand that not everybody is convinced that we should, or even will, draft a QB to start next year.

But what is it with the last few days of people talking about MATT FUCKING CASSEL as next year's starter?

Caller after caller to 810. TJ Carpenter on Friday night telling everybody to be prepared for Matt Cassel because Reid can "fix him". Petro talking today about Reid being able to get "another 2010" out of Cassel.

Is this just a case of battered fan syndrome? Does anybody REALLY think Matt Cassel starting next year is a realistic scenario?

It's the dumbest fanbase in professional sports.

RunKC
01-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately, I have the choice between that and silence. I can't listen to music and get any work done.

Listen to the draft podcasts for Senior Bowl. Even if Geno isn't there, you'll find out about the other QB's and some good prospects at other positions that could be on our team.

It's way better than the crap on KC radio.

Lion-O
01-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Talk radio would be a lot better if they wouldn't take callers, ever. Everybody who actually calls in seems to be a moron. Even the ones who almost get it right, almost always ruin it at the end with something stupid, or won't get off the line after making their point. I usually flip to another station when some random idiot gets air time.

Think about the type of people that have the ability to call and wait on hold for several minutes or hours during typical work hours. I assume it's mostly old people or losers without jobs.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-21-2013, 01:32 PM
I don't get it.

But what is it with the last few days of people talking about MATT ****ING CASSEL as next year's starter?

Chiefs fans are the stupidest fucking fans in the world.

mr. tegu
01-21-2013, 01:42 PM

Cassel isn't even a game manager.

Floridafan
01-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Chiefs fans are the stupidest ****ing fans in the world.

It's obvious by your statement you have never lived in South Florida.

Rasputin
01-21-2013, 01:52 PM
It's obvious by your statement you have never lived in South Florida.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h206/smoore182/GIFS/a2Zxu.gif

HolyHat
01-21-2013, 02:06 PM
What would really suck big time for all the STHs is that everyone is pumped by Reid and Dorsey hire and renew their tickets only to see Matt Noodle Arm trotted out as a starter. That would be ridiculous....

And that is why I am NOT renewing my season tickets. They don't want to commit to a QB in January, or at least hint at how important it is... guess what...I dont want to renew my tickets in January either fuck heads.

htismaqe
01-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Listen to the draft podcasts for Senior Bowl. Even if Geno isn't there, you'll find out about the other QB's and some good prospects at other positions that could be on our team.

It's way better than the crap on KC radio.

Much like listening to music, I would find myself breaking down Senior Bowl practices instead of working. :p

Dayze
01-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Cassel isn't even a game manager.

Game Associate

Mizzou_8541
01-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Wow. Most of our fan base is utterly embarassing. Most.

Rain Man
01-21-2013, 02:56 PM
I would think that it's Broncos or Raiders or Chargers fans calling in, but none of them are smart enough to hatch that kind of plan.

tk13
01-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Game Associate

Associate to the Game Manager.

OnTheWarpath15
01-21-2013, 03:00 PM

Administrative Assistant to the VP of Game Managers.

Dayze
01-21-2013, 03:04 PM

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/8644.png&w=350&h=254

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID15166/images/dwightwide.jpg

keg in kc
01-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Unfortunately, I have the choice between that and silence. I can't listen to music and get any work done.I'm kind of the opposite. I can't get any work done if there's any kind of sound.

Beef Supreme
01-21-2013, 03:35 PM
I don't understand people who point to 2010 as proof that Matt Cassel has an upside. He had like 3 pretty decent games that year, and those were against teams with shit defenses.

Sure, he didn't turn the ball over much, but they didn't really even try to throw the ball that season until we were getting blown out by the Broncos and he hooked up with Bowe a few times against a prevent defense.

Forget the stats. Did these people actually watch the games?

Dayze
01-21-2013, 03:36 PM
all people need to look at is his # of 300yd games; and the number of wins against teams .500 or better.

case closed.

R8RFAN
01-21-2013, 03:37 PM

Legacies ? ROFLLMAO

htismaqe
01-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Did these people actually watch the games?

Exactly.

MMXcalibur
01-21-2013, 03:42 PM
You guys just haven't given him a chance.

O.city
01-21-2013, 05:23 PM
New Gm's/ HC's mean new QB's.

End of story.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-21-2013, 05:29 PM
New Gm's/ HC's mean new QB's.

End of story.

Foles!!!!!!!!!! *jumps off a cliff*

MeatRock
01-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Cassel won't be starting in 2013. This fan base will turn on Reid the moment Cassel starts his next game at Arrowhead. Andy Reid knows this.

The Bad Guy
01-21-2013, 07:06 PM
Idiot fans are doing it on Twitter too.

"It'll be impossible for Reid to replace 4 QBs in one offseason - may as well keep Cassel".

Hammock Parties
01-21-2013, 07:06 PM
The reason they won't come out and say "fuck Matt Cassel" is I'm sure they would like to get something for him in the trade market.

This isn't hard to understand.

ModSocks
01-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Cassel won't be starting in 2013. This fan base will turn on Reid the moment Cassel starts his next game at Arrowhead. Andy Reid knows this.

Cassel is a regime killer. The Mark of the Regime killer is permanent. Cassel will never be a starting QB in the NFL again.

O.city
01-21-2013, 07:13 PM
The reason they won't come out and say "**** Matt Cassel" is I'm sure they would like to get something for him in the trade market.

Who's gonna trade for him?

The Bad Guy
01-21-2013, 07:14 PM
The reason they won't come out and say "**** Matt Cassel" is I'm sure they would like to get something for him in the trade market.

What are they getting for him in the trade market?

He's sunk cost. Cut his ass and let this fanbase fully exhale.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Barry Koolaid has to be behind this pro-Cassel movement.

It's worse than that.

http://i.imgur.com/xZOrXwZ.jpg

O.city
01-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Barry. Oh Barry.

Seriously, fuck that guy.

The Bad Guy
01-21-2013, 07:24 PM
It's worse than that.

http://i.imgur.com/xZOrXwZ.jpg

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2013, 07:25 PM
What are they getting for him in the trade market?

He's sunk cost. Cut his ass and let this fanbase fully exhale.

A 6th? Who knows...I'm sure they'd like to get something for him. If AJ Feeley could be traded...

FringeNC
01-21-2013, 07:26 PM
JFC. Yeah, let's build around Cassel and Tyson Jackson.

whoman69
01-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Definition of insanity- trying something over and over and expecting a different result.

ILChief
01-21-2013, 07:42 PM
http://i2.listal.com/image/2409776/500full.jpg

ILChief
01-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Maybe he can get a third head coach and second GM fired

ILChief
01-21-2013, 07:49 PM
If this happens:

http://jjiraffe.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/batsignal.jpg

HotCarl
01-21-2013, 07:51 PM
No way can we keep Cassel...

...his cap number is too high.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2013, 07:56 PM
If this happens:

http://jjiraffe.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/batsignal.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HUsZI.gif

O.city
01-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Bad Guy, curious if you think you will be able to get any personnel stuff or draft stuff from your source?

Ace Gunner
01-21-2013, 08:03 PM
we need 35,000 small paper bags full of fresh poop.
we also need volunteers to distribute them door to door and lite them on fire.

burningpooponcasselfansdoorstep.com

thx

please help us before it is too late

crossbow
01-21-2013, 08:34 PM
These idiots that are getting their ideas from mock draft sites and guests on 610. They believe that if they regurgitate this crap it makes them look knowledgable. Reid is going to laugh until he pukes when he sees the clown on film.

ClevelandBronco
01-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Andy Reid could be marvelous for Cassel's career. All he needs is three or four more years as the starter in K.C. You'll see.

Rausch
01-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Reid is going to laugh until he pukes when he sees the clown on film.

He already has...

The Bad Guy
01-21-2013, 09:31 PM
A 6th? Who knows...I'm sure they'd like to get something for him. If AJ Feeley could be traded...

Just stop.

They aren't getting shit for him. AJ Feeley also didn't have a huge contract either.

Paying Cassel anything over the vet minimum is overpaying.

The Bad Guy
01-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Bad Guy, curious if you think you will be able to get any personnel stuff or draft stuff from your source?

No idea. I've left him alone.

I did get draft stuff 3 years ago though.

Cmd'r&Chief
01-21-2013, 09:34 PM
In this league as a quarterback either you have "it". Or you don't. Sometimes it takes a QB a couple years to find their grove. Cassel doesn't have "it". He's had multiple times to prove us wrong. He's just not a 1st string QB. If Crennel could figure that out, surely Reid will.

TLO
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Must be the 'true fans' talking.Must be

Dayze
01-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Andy Reid could be marvelous for Cassel's career. All he needs is three or four more years as the starter in K.C. You'll see.

Lol..

Fucker.

:evil:

Dayze
01-21-2013, 09:42 PM
In this league as a quarterback either you have "it". Or you don't. Sometimes it takes a QB a couple years to find their grove. Cassel doesn't have "it". He's had multiple times to prove us wrong. He's just not a 1st string QB. If Crennel could figure that out, surely Reid will.

Yep. If after 3 yrs there is still a question as to whether or not your guy has "it".......then he doesn't

Coogs
01-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Pioli blindly hitched his wagon to Gus Cassel. What did it get him? Same thing it got his 2 HC's he hired. Same thing it got his endless string of OC's. Fired and/or different jobs. Every last one of them.

No way the new regime hitches their wagon to that same horse.

Cmd'r&Chief
01-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Pioli blindly hitched his wagon to Gus Cassel. What did it get him? Same thing it got his 2 HC's he hired. Same thing it got his endless string of OC's. Fired and/or different jobs. Every last one of them.

No way the new regime hitches their wagon to that same horse.

Boom. What this dude said

HotCarl
01-21-2013, 10:18 PM
We need a steady veteran hand at QB to anchor a dominating defense and the run game we have. If only there were such a person, say, a veteran backup in San Francisco who may come available.

htismaqe
01-21-2013, 10:24 PM
We need a steady veteran hand at QB to anchor a dominating defense and the run game we have. If only there were such a person, say, a veteran backup in San Francisco who may come available.

Troll.

Cmd'r&Chief
01-21-2013, 10:34 PM

Right, because in the past couple of years it's been proven that 1st year quarterbacks cannot start, let alone be successful and go to the play offs or super bowl XLVII

KCDC
01-21-2013, 10:40 PM

Alex Smith = Matt Cassel +1. MC=1 so AS = 2 on a 1 to 10 scale.

Cmd'r&Chief
01-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Alex Smith = Matt Cassel +1. MC=1 so AS = 2 on a 1 to 10 scale.

Dude, really? Alex Smith isn't an excellent QB but at least he can win a Fucking play off game. I rank him a 5 or 6 realistically.

TEX
01-22-2013, 07:36 AM
Dude, really? Alex Smith isn't an excellent QB but at least he can win a ****ing play off game. I rank him a 5 or 6 realistically.

I agree he's better than Cassel, but he would simply be at best a jump up to an average NFL QB

htismaqe
01-22-2013, 07:41 AM
I agree he's better than Cassel, but he would simply be at best a jump up to an average NFL QB

Yep.

Return to mediocrity.

:Lin:

memyselfI
01-22-2013, 08:02 AM
I don't get it.

But what is it with the last few days of people talking about MATT ****ING CASSEL as next year's starter?

I said it the week Reid was hired. Andy himself made remarks which indicated he thought Cassel had gotten a short shot and was sympathetic to him. Right when I heard those words I seemed to sense that Cassel was going to get another shot. Either he or Brady and since the Chiefs paid so much for Cassel I think it would be Matt.

I'd love it if he could resurrect his career and would love it more if he did it here. I just don't think fans have it in them to give him another shot. The FO thinking might be this year is a free pass for Matt. It will be his third coach. Reid gets a year before he's on the clock. Why not see if they can make something work while also finding a young QB and filling spots needed all over the roster.

Phobia
01-22-2013, 08:08 AM
He'd be a solid backup if he was making only $1M/year.

Yeah. The problem with Matt Cassel as a backup is that backups become starters when there is an injury. That's a horrific idea. I want my backup to be a capable, development guy. Cassel has developed as far as he's going and has regressed to where he's always going to be. I don't want him anywhere near my team even if he plays for free.

Phobia
01-22-2013, 08:15 AM
I said it the week Reid was hired. Andy himself made remarks which indicated he thought Cassel had gotten a short shot and was sympathetic to him. Right when I heard those words I seemed to sense that Cassel was going to get another shot. Either he or Brady and since the Chiefs paid so much for Cassel I think it would be Matt.

I'd love it if he could resurrect his career and would love it more if he did it here. I just don't think fans have it in them to give him another shot. The FO thinking might be this year is a free pass for Matt. It will be his third coach. Reid gets a year before he's on the clock. Why not see if they can make something work while also finding a young QB and filling spots needed all over the roster.

You know, I used to think you were just dumb. But now I presume you've submitted this post out of boredom because your tongue is stuck to a flagpole.

Rausch
01-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Yep. If after 3 yrs there is still a question as to whether or not your guy has "it".......then he doesn't

"But she does everything.

She cooks, cleans, works hard, takes care of the kids.

If she'd just quit blowing strangers in the parking lot of the local bar she'd be perfect..."

:rolleyes:

King_Chief_Fan
01-22-2013, 08:18 AM
I don't get it.

SOC better get ready to fly more banners.....starting at training camps.
I can't see how this would be anything but a major blunder and the Chiefs including Reid have to know that.
It is hard to imagine that Reid would want to start his career with Cassel as his QB. I am hoping this is nothing but noise and smoke screen.

Rausch
01-22-2013, 08:19 AM
You know, I used to think you were just dumb. But now I presume you've submitted this post out of boredom because your tongue is stuck to a flagpole.

At this point I know the only reason you quote Jihad-Jane is to toss a burr under my ballbag.

You can stop now...

Rausch
01-22-2013, 08:20 AM
SOC better get ready to fly more banners.....starting at training camps.
I can't see how this would be anything but a major blunder and the Chiefs including Reid have to know that.
It is hard to imagine that Reid would want to start his career with Cassel as his QB. I am hoping this is nothing but noise and smoke screen.

This is the time of year you want everything floating out there.

No matter how fucking stupid it sounds...

MotherfuckerJones
01-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Don't worry guys hell be gone a fucking monkey could see it coming

R8RFAN
01-22-2013, 08:24 AM

Matt Cassel deserves another shot
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0818/nfl_g_cassell_576.jpg

Rausch
01-22-2013, 08:27 AM

You just quoted Jihad-Jane, stated Ca$$hole should be our QB, posted his picture, and your a ****ing Raider's fan.

If a moving van full of fertilizer explodes in your driveway I am in no wan involved...

stonedstooge
01-22-2013, 08:28 AM

I'd laugh my ass off if he ended up playing for the Raiders

Rausch
01-22-2013, 08:32 AM
I'd laugh my ass off if he ended up playing for the Raiders

They do love our table scraps...

Dayze
01-22-2013, 08:35 AM
for some reason that picture is odd; his shoulders etc are pointed in one direction and his eyes in another.

Rausch
01-22-2013, 08:41 AM
for some reason that picture is odd; his shoulders etc are pointed in one direction and his eyes in another.

Well, yeah.

He does his drop, pretends to make a few reads, then throws to the check down...

WhiteWhale
01-22-2013, 08:44 AM

Yeah, but the team that traded for Feeley (lolphins) didn't have to take on a contract like Cassel.

That contract combined with his shitty QB 'skills' combine to make him untradeable.

Feeley had a smaller contract and a less damning body of work.

The book on Cassel is out. Run blitz on 1st and 2nd down. It doesn't matter if the play is designed to rush the QB. When Cassel sees extra guys cross the LOS, he pisses himself. There is no 'mystery of the back up' here. That mystery is a powerful thing. A lot of people here didn't know Quinn completely sucked.

BigBeauford
01-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Matt Cassel deserves to be shot

FYP

FlaChief58
01-22-2013, 09:06 AM

You can have him for the low low price of a first and third round pick. Make it happen lil Al

BigMeatballDave
01-22-2013, 09:07 AM

I hope you die of a painful, miserable disease very soon.

Rausch
01-22-2013, 09:09 AM
I hope you die of a painful, miserable disease very soon.

And I hope you get the flaming-rim-rhoids for quoting her yet again...

Three7s
01-22-2013, 09:10 AM
And I hope you get the flaming-rim-rhoids for quoting her yet again...
That's Deb, the infamous woman from Facebook, right?

Rausch
01-22-2013, 09:15 AM
That's Deb, the infamous woman from Facebook, right?

Nein...

BigMeatballDave
01-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Nein...

May as well be.

Cut from the same retard mold.

The Bad Guy
01-22-2013, 09:33 AM

I've listened to every single And Reid interview since he was hired and at NO point did he ever make it seem like Cassel received a short shot here.

You know what, resurrection means he had talent to begin with. He doesn't. He's a terrible quarterback that has no place here.

If you were going to keep Cassel, you might as well have just rode out Pioli and Crenell next year.

Why waste another year of the real talent we have on this roster with a garbage QB that can't take them anywhere?

kaplin42
01-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Cassel is not fixable, he is fail when it comes to being a QB. If Reid doesn't get rid of him he will lose the fan base before the season even starts. If he is that willing to take a risk on a QB, then why not be smart about it, dump the current dumpster fire that is our QB stable and get 3 new ones. At least he would keep a good relationship going with the fans.

memyselfI
01-22-2013, 01:27 PM
I am not saying it should happen but rather I could see the logic behind such a choice. And after listening to Reid it wouldn't surprise me.

FlaChief58
01-22-2013, 01:33 PM
I am not saying it should happen but rather I could see the logic behind such a choice. And after listening to Reid it wouldn't surprise me.

It should surprise you. No way in hell does Reid put his legacy in KC on the line for Gus

King_Chief_Fan
01-22-2013, 01:41 PM
It should surprise you. No way in hell does Reid put his legacy in KC on the line for Gus

I agree....what a crappy way to start a new tenure. Haley and Crennel were hand cuffed...surely Reid has better options.

memyselfI
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM

But he wouldn't be. Everyone knows the first year of a new coach on the clock is not really his fault if they bomb and totally his doing if they succeed. Thus, if he truly feels Cassel did not get a fair shake before (which he said) then it would be of no risk to him to keep the devil he knows for a year while firming up the rest of the unknowns. And if it tanks he would be the 3rd coach who gave Cassel a shot to no avail. That's entirely on Cassel. If he succeeds he is a geneous (CSP) for rescuing a terrible situation and saving the Hunts, Cassel, and the team from an epic fail.

Low to no risk.

The OP asked for a realistic scenario. I'm just laying one out.

FlaChief58
01-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Gus had 4 years to prove himself and did nothing but get worse. He's a 63 million dollar fraud who Reid will get rid of as soon as he can

R8RFAN
01-22-2013, 03:05 PM
It's refreshing to see a little excitement around here.

BlackHelicopters
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Munsoned. Casseled. Same thing.

memyselfI
01-22-2013, 05:55 PM
I've listened to every single And Reid interview since he was hired and at NO point did he ever make it seem like Cassel received a short shot here.

You know what, resurrection means he had talent to begin with. He doesn't. He's a terrible quarterback that has no place here.

If you were going to keep Cassel, you might as well have just rode out ***** and Crenell next year.

Why waste another year of the real talent we have on this roster with a garbage QB that can't take them anywhere?

Yes he said something to that effect on Mike and Mike. He even called the qbs here fragile young men who needed coaching...something that they had not yet received. He specifically pointed out that Cassel had either many coaches or OCs (can't remember which) and that was part of his problem. That to me indicated he sees Matt Cassel as a possible project.

BigMeatballDave
01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Yes he said something to that effect on Mike and Mike. He even called the qbs here fragile young men who needed coaching...something that they had not yet received. He specifically pointed out that Cassel had either many coaches or OCs (can't remember which) and that was part of his problem. That to me indicated he sees Matt Cassel as a possible project.

Project? He's almost 31 you retard.

They aren't doing shit with Cassel.

He's done here.

The Bad Guy
01-22-2013, 07:14 PM

If you can see the logic behind it please just punch yourself in the head 100 times, stop, and then do it again.

The Bad Guy
01-22-2013, 07:16 PM

I listened to that interview. Cassel has received coaching. That hasn't been his problem because if Reid is going to say he hasn't, he's throwing his friend Jim Zorn right under the bus.

Matt Cassel is not in any plans.

HotCarl
01-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Cassel's too expensive to be trained to be a game manager.

A project is a good idea, we should find a cheaper one.

memyselfI
01-22-2013, 07:54 PM
I listened to that interview. Cassel has received coaching. That hasn't been his problem because if Reid is going to say he hasn't, he's throwing his friend Jim Zorn right under the bus.

Matt Cassel is not in any plans.

Except he said it. I remember thinking that that comment wont fly with the angry mob and weary masses. Maybe he changed his tune but in that interview he sounded quite sympathetic and I thought open to the possibility of a Cassel return. IMO. So much so that I changed my previous assumption of Cassel being gone to a maybe not.