PDA

View Full Version : Football Bonecrusher Pollard, Wrecker of Patriots

Skyy God
01-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Impressive, impressive run.

The Sean Taylor Memorial Meast for Championship Sunday is Bernard Pollard. We’re not celebrating the fact that he crippled Stevan Ridley to cause a game-clinching fumble so much as Bonecrusher Pollard’s continued legacy as the Greatriots’ most celebrated villain. It is only fitting on this, Patriots Schadenfreude Day. Only once since 2008 has Pollard not in some way had a hand in the Patriots’ downfall. In 2008, he mangled Brady’s knee. In 2009, he took out Welker. He took off 2010 to chill, but he was back in 2011 to mess up Gronk’s knee for the Super Bowl. Yesterday was just the latest in a fantastic campaign of malevolence perpetrated against New England.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2013/01/meast-and-least-championship-sunday.html

UberSparky
01-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Awesome. Somehow to me, he's more of a Chief than Tony G!

okoye35chiefs
01-21-2013, 11:38 AM
i miss him and Albert, Lewis and Cherry...

gblowfish
01-21-2013, 11:38 AM
There's never been any doubt that Pollard can hit. He hits like a truck.

suds79
01-21-2013, 11:39 AM
He was pretty fun to watch. Old school type of safety.

Was great on special teams also. Had a knack for blocking punts.

Skyy God
01-21-2013, 11:40 AM
But he liked to dance, so he's not part of the right 53.

/Fat Scott

okoye35chiefs
01-21-2013, 11:47 AM
I love hearing the Pats fans talking about how dirty he is when they had two of the dirtiest in the game..

Law and Harrison..

I love NE sports talk radio after a loss

Mr. Laz
01-21-2013, 11:50 AM
ahh ... the Chiefs fan never ending quest to bitch about every player not drafted and/or not signed to a contract extension.

CoMoChief
01-21-2013, 11:57 AM
People here were glad as hell when he left.

I wish he was still here....him and Berry would be a good tandem.

BossChief
01-21-2013, 11:58 AM
It sucks that we have massive holes at safety and corner because of egoli.

Our secondary would be sick

Carr
Flowers
Arenas
Pollard
Berry
(and Lewis to fill a role in sub packages)

Bump
01-21-2013, 11:59 AM
ya, he's turned into Ronnie Lott in Baltimore. Should have kept his ass.

CoMoChief
01-21-2013, 12:01 PM
ahh ... the Chiefs fan never ending quest to bitch about every player not drafted and/or not signed to a contract extension.

wasn't he (Pollard) cut in mid season?

Skyy God
01-21-2013, 12:03 PM
wasn't he (Pollard) cut in mid season?

Final preseason roster cut in 2009.

OnTheWarpath15
01-21-2013, 12:04 PM
But he liked to dance, so he's not part of the right 53.

/Fat Scott

I think it was because he was willing to speak his mind, but your point stands.

Rasputin
01-21-2013, 12:05 PM

I wasn't happy. I liked him a lot, just wish the Brady hit didn't cost us four years with Matt Cassell :doh!:

I still wish we kept him on our team. Good luck to Bonecrusher Pollard in the Super Bowl but don't want the Ravens to win it.

ModSocks
01-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Hindsight is a funny thing. Back in '09 people were calling for his head.

"Always looking for the big hit, never wraps up"

"terrible in coverage"

the Talking Can
01-21-2013, 12:09 PM
he sucked in kc, and sucked in houston....

he got torched regularly

BossChief
01-21-2013, 12:12 PM
I think it was because he was willing to speak his mind, but your point stands.

He didn't like getting yelled/cursed at.

Rasputin
01-21-2013, 12:12 PM

he got torched regularly

He didn't suck that bad. I loved him in KC wanted to watch him get better over the years like he did. Super Bowl bound.

He was young that needed to grow up. He said the best thing for him was getting cut by the Chiefs to help him grow up in the game and take it more sereious. He may not have worked out for the Chiefs even if he stayed, good coaching can go a long ways.

Titty Meat
01-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Its not like the chiefs were the only team who dumped him. Dude takes some bad angles and sucks in coverage. If pioli kept him we likely dont draft Berry.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Hindsight is a funny thing. Back in '09 people were calling for his head.

"Always looking for the big hit, never wraps up"

"terrible in coverage"

This all 100% true and factual.

He did the same shit in Houston.

Shocking that when an ordinary player, at best, plays along side 2 HOFers, he becomes better.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2013, 12:16 PM
He didn't suck that bad. I loved him in KC wanted to watch him get better over the years like he did. Super Bowl bound.

Then you like garbage, because that is what he was in KC and Houston.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he now plays on a D with much better talent and coaching.

Bump
01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
hell, that forced fumble probably sealed the deal for the Ravens trip to the Superbowl. Dude fucks up the Patriots lol.

tony77
01-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Damn pollard. Hes the main reason cassel is even here.

Rasputin
01-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Then you like garbage, because that is what he was in KC and Houston.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he now plays on a D with much better talent and coaching.

I don't like garbage, but I like to see guys work hard and grow up in this league and better themselves. That is exactly what Bernard Pollard did.

Some players take longer than others to develop it all depends on how patient you want to be with them. I still thought he had potential to be good. He gets to go to the Super Bowl so I don't think he gives a fuck what us Chiefs fans think of him then.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Pollard was never cut out to be a Tampa 2 safety. We talk all the time about wanting an attacking defense, well, using him as a downhill safety who patrols the short middle of the field is exactly what he does best.

The man reaves souls.

FloridaMan88
01-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Awesome. Somehow to me, he's more of a Chief than Tony G!

Yeah after all Tony Gonzalez "only" owns the Chiefs career receptions, receiving yards, receiving TD's, yards from scrimage and consecutive games with a reception records... all that is nothing compared to Pollard's two season in KC.

gblowfish
01-21-2013, 01:57 PM
This all 100% true and factual.

He did the same shit in Houston.

Shocking that when an ordinary player, at best, plays along side 2 HOFers, he becomes better.

When he played here, he missed a lot of tackles looking for kill shots. He also had a lot of unsportsmanlike penalties, which he still has problems with in Baltimore. Having Ed Reed alongside has helped him. He may have been a great combo here once we got Eric Berry. He has matured, learned and improved as a player. Sometime a change of scenery is all a guy needs. That seemed to help Priest Holmes when he came to KC. Pollard is definitely Pats Kryptonite.

ThaVirus
01-21-2013, 01:57 PM
That was a monster hit last night. Loved it!

GoChargers
01-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Pollard is quickly rising on my list of favorites with each bout of tears he delivers to the Patsies and their fans.

QuikSsurfer
01-21-2013, 02:44 PM
No doubt he can hit like a truck.. He sucked in coverage and missed tackles.

Greg Wesley shit all over Pollard's play. And he could lay the wood too.

KChiefer
01-21-2013, 03:05 PM
You know, I'm not totally buying that if Pollard doesn't hit Brady's knee, Cassel never comes here. Sure, Cassel's time as a starter helped justify it, but we all know Fat Snot wanted who he wanted. Matt Flynn played all of what one/two games and would have been a starter if not for Russel Wilson being a ripe rookie.

As far as Pollard going on to better things, what Chief hasn't? It's a bit of a crap shoot, but if you're hedging bets, any player that leaves the Chiefs will enjoy more success elsewhere.

mcaj22
01-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are having the worst years of their careers.

how about better coaching and a scheme change that uses Bernie's skills much better being the reason he was the #1 vote getting at SS this year for the Pro Bowl, and plays like it? Ever think of that? That when Bernie was here we had to the shittiest coaches and GMs and him landing on a real organization was the benefiting factor? It would be the same for Eric Berry, Brandon Flowers, Dwanye Bowe, etc. They go to a good team, their play will be improved and recognized.

01-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Stabby Pants
BERNARD POLLARD, I CALL THIS GUY AL-QAEDA, CAUSE HE KEEPS KILLING PATRIOTS.

Read more: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2013/01/meast-and-least-championship-sunday.html#ixzz2IePbnJtbLMAO

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2013, 04:24 PM

how about better coaching and a scheme change that uses Bernie's skills much better being the reason he was the #1 vote getting at SS this year for the Pro Bowl, and plays like it? Ever think of that? That when Bernie was here we had to the shittiest coaches and GMs and him landing on a real organization was the benefiting factor? It would be the same for Eric Berry, Brandon Flowers, Dwanye Bowe, etc. They go to a good team, their play will be improved and recognized.

Scheme has nothing to do with the fact that he was a poor tackler that took bad angles.

htismaqe
01-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Scheme has nothing to do with the fact that he was a poor tackler that took bad angles.

No but coaching does.

OnTheWarpath15
01-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Oh noes, a young player took bad angles and didn't always wrap up.

It's not at all possible he might get better with some experience and better coaching.

stevieray
01-21-2013, 04:41 PM
eh, it was an illegal hit. he'll prolly pay a fine.

that said, itd be nice if he were still here.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2013, 05:01 PM
No but coaching does.

Yes, and I said as much earlier.

PaulAllen
01-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Pollard got a bad rap while he was here. He was being coached by Gunther for crying out loud.

And even if you thought he was a liability he was still one of the best special team players in the league. More Scott fail.

mcaj22
01-21-2013, 05:11 PM

that's funny seeing how i just spent all season reading on this forum about how scheme and coaching is 95 percent of the problem with the Chiefs offense and defense.

but it's not when it's another player on another team. got it.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2013, 05:21 PM
that's funny seeing how i just spent all season reading on this forum about how scheme and coaching is 95 percent of the problem with the Chiefs offense and defense.

but it's not when it's another player on another team. got it.

Scheme still has nothing to do with tackling technique.

BlackHelicopters
01-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Dude was a flying missile yesterday.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Actually, Pollard's tackle on that hit was atrocious.

Ridley went down because he was unconscious.

Pollard is better than Kendrick Lewis, I guess.

Titty Meat
01-21-2013, 05:27 PM

It's not at all possible he might get better with some experience and better coaching.

Yeah it only took 6 years.

O.city
01-21-2013, 05:44 PM

Like hopefully it will here this year. :thumb:

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-21-2013, 05:55 PM
So the moral of this story is that Reid could coach up the real patriot. Stanzi. Cool

King_Chief_Fan
01-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Impressive, impressive run.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2013/01/meast-and-least-championship-sunday.html

Ridley lowered his head and knocked himself out and knocked Pollard a little woosey

mcaj22
01-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Scheme still has nothing to do with tackling technique.

you can say the exact same thing about almost every turd player on the Chiefs

"scheme still has nothing to do with beating the press and keeping your balance, Jon Baldwin you steamy turd"

"scheme still has nothing to do with Allen Bailey knowing zero moves and getting blown off the ball every play"

"scheme still has nothing to do with Jalil Brown having zero awareness on every play and running in quicksand"

"scheme still has nothing to do with Jeff Allen being absolute dog shit"

see same applies

SAUTO
01-21-2013, 06:47 PM

he got torched regularly
This. Sucked ass.

Missed about twenty tackles in a preseason game against the Seahawks iirc.

Fuck him
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
01-21-2013, 06:50 PM

He fucking sucked here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-21-2013, 07:27 PM
GoChiefs was the main Pollard hater here. I always liked him. I think he was the last Chief to block a punt. And he blocked several.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2013, 07:30 PM
GoChiefs was the main Pollard hater here. I always liked him. I think he was the last Chief to block a punt. And he blocked several.

I hated him for the same reason I hate McCluster:

1. He was drafted way too high.

2. He sucked hard.

3. Despite that he had a legion of ballwashers.

He absolutely sucked ass when he was here, but he's improved since.

01-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Pollard didn't tackle him. He just hit Pollard.

lazepoo
01-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Pollard was great on special teams here. I was sad about losing that, but everything else about his play as a Chief sucked. If he stays in KC though, I don't think he becomes a better player. He needed to find the right scheme and coaching, and he needed some time to mature as well as some strong team leadership, something that we've been missing for a long time in my opinion.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Pollard is the new Joe Horn

Deberg_1990
01-22-2013, 07:54 AM
oh yea, he was another Carl and Herm draft pick. Other than not finding a QB, those guys drafted pretty decent from 06-08.

memyselfI
01-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Bernard Pollard, you're my hero.

Pablo
01-22-2013, 08:06 AM
He was meh here, and nobody was that sad to see him go. Glad to see he's made a career of crushing Patriots.

Titty Meat
01-22-2013, 01:40 PM
This. Sucked ass.

Missed about twenty tackles in a preseason game against the Seahawks iirc.

Fuck him
Posted via Mobile Device

This

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 02:09 PM

he got torched regularly

He was a Strong Safety being asked to play a cover-2, almost FS.

He was being mis-used badly. Once he was asked to play a true SS, as he should've been from the start, he's been an excellent player.

I said it when we cut him - it was an unbelievably stupid, shortsighted decision and it was the one that fully and finally sold me against that arrogant fuckstain (back when you were still telling folks to shut up and kiss his Super Bowl rings).

It's okay to admit it when you mis-fire on a decision. You, and everyone else that supported cutting Bernard Pollard, were flat fucking wrong.

Titty Meat
01-22-2013, 02:12 PM
He was a Strong Safety being asked to play a cover-2, almost FS.

He was being mis-used badly. Once he was asked to play a true SS, as he should've been from the start, he's been an excellent player.

I said it when we cut him - it was an unbelievably stupid, shortsighted decision and it was the one that fully and finally sold me against that arrogant fuckstain (back when you were still telling folks to shut up and kiss his Super Bowl rings).

It's okay to admit it when you mis-fire on a decision. You, and everyone else that supported cutting Bernard Pollard, were flat fucking wrong.

He sucked in houston too.

mcaj22
01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
he was a stop gap in Houston

that team didnt get good until their scheme change. Bernie wasnt there for the Wade Phillips defense that put that team on the map

all those guys sucked in Houston prior to that. Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans, Connor Barwin, Antonio Smith, whatever secondary scrubs there were, garbage.

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 02:18 PM
He sucked in houston too.

No he didn't.

You people just refuse to recognize a middle-ground between All Pros and shitty players. Some guys are just passable starters; every team has a handful of them. The Chiefs don't right now and that's exactly why they're awful. Bernard Pollard has always been the kind of servicable starter that every decent team is going to have a few of and desperately need.

Yes, he got beat on occasion in Houston, just as he did in KC. Why? Because he's not a coverage safety and never will be. Hell, Berry gets beat and he isn't anywhere near the hitter that Pollard is.

His first season as a starter in Houston he had 4 picks and 7 PDs, not to mention 82 tackles. His AV per PFR was 7 (Berry's this season was 8). Hell, I'm pretty sure he was Pro-Bowl alternate that year.

No, he did not 'suck' by any definition of the term. He was a decent player with a killer's mentality that could be victimized by double-moves. He was absolutely a starting caliber Safety and he'd have been no worse than the 2nd best safety on our team every single season since he's been cut.

Cutting him was asinine and showed a severe lack of foresight by ***** as well as a complete inability to recognize and adapt to someone's skill-set. ***** proved that to be his major blind spot his entire time here. Pollard was just another square peg to *****, but since he injured the Don's golden boy, he didn't even attempt to hammer him into a a round hole.

Instead he dumped a 24 yr old, 2 year starter with upside and a decent track record of success. He was a stupid cut and time has only proven that.

okoye35chiefs
01-22-2013, 02:24 PM
No he didn't.

You people just refuse to recognize a middle-ground between All Pros and shitty players. Some guys are just passable starters; every team has a handful of them. The Chiefs don't right now and that's exactly why they're awful. Bernard Pollard has always been the kind of servicable starter that every decent team is going to have a few of and desperately need.

Yes, he got beat on occasion in Houston, just as he did in KC. Why? Because he's not a coverage safety and never will be. Hell, Berry gets beat and he isn't anywhere near the hitter that Pollard is.

His first season as a starter in Houston he had 4 picks and 7 PDs, not to mention 82 tackles. His AV per PFR was 7 (Berry's this season was 8). Hell, I'm pretty sure he was Pro-Bowl alternate that year.

No, he did not 'suck' by any definition of the term. He was a decent player with a killer's mentality that could be victimized by double-moves. He was absolutely a starting caliber Safety and he'd have been no worse than the 2nd best safety on our team every single season since he's been cut.

Cutting him was asinine and showed a severe lack of foresight by ***** as well as a complete inability to recognize and adapt to someone's skill-set. ***** proved that to be his major blind spot his entire time here. Pollard was just another square peg to *****, but since he injured the Don's golden boy, he didn't even attempt to hammer him into a a round hole.

Instead he dumped a 24 yr old, 2 year starter with upside and a decent track record of success. He was a stupid cut and time has only proven that.

this...

and

as a young player he needs teaching and mentoring.. not sure he got that in his first 4 years. Compare his seasons to say a Rodney Harrison... you might be suprised.

Molitoth
01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
No he didn't.

nails. :thumb:

Sorter
01-22-2013, 02:29 PM
No he didn't.

Man, our sub package would have been interesting as to how teams played us with Pollard still around. You could slide him the box next to DJ, you could have him free lance in cv1 spots, etc.

Pioli was Millen bad when you evaluate all of the roster moves he did. Thankfully, he's set up a solid OL (despite Romeo/Daboll trying to kill Charles this year) that will be excellent for Geno to step into.

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Man, our sub package would have been interesting as to how teams played us with Pollard still around. You could slide him the box next to DJ, you could have him free lance in cv1 spots, etc.

***** was Millen bad when you evaluate all of the roster moves he did. Thankfully, he's set up a solid OL (despite Romeo/Daboll trying to kill Charles this year) that will be excellent for Geno to step into.

Ugh...a secondary with Flowers/Carr and Berry/Pollard.

Eh...that only would've been the best secondary in football had we not tossed half of it in the trash for no return at all. No big deal.

It's pretty funny to see Clay and Sauto in here still grinding the axe on this one. Especially Clay after his love affair with Mike Brown.

The verdict is in here - cutting Bernard Pollard was stupid.

Titty Meat
01-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Ugh...a secondary with Flowers/Carr and Berry/Pollard.

Eh...that only would've been the best secondary in football had we not tossed half of it in the trash for no return at all. No big deal.

It's pretty funny to see Clay and Sauto in here still grinding the axe on this one. Especially Clay after his love affair with Mike Brown.

Berry wouldnt have been brought here had they kept pollard and yes he did indeed suck in Houston. Theres a reason they didn't keep him.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 03:31 PM

Well, in hindsight, yes.

It's hard to say if he would have improved had he stayed here.

He still deserved to be cut based on how horribly he played that preseason and how horrible he had been to that point in his career. The guy was a shitty tackler, and that has zilch to do with scheme.

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Berry wouldnt have been brought here had they kept pollard and yes he did indeed suck in Houston. Theres a reason they didn't keep him.

He didn't suck. There's a reason the Ravens signed him and installed him as a starter from day 1.

Your logic here is absolute shit.

But then again, you were wright there alongside Clay and Sauto in the Pollard threads and you've never been one to actually analyze anything so why would I expect you to look at this intelligently?

Bernard Pollard has never been a 'suck' player. He's been, at his worst, an adequate starter with flaws in his game. And he's been a starter in this league for 6 years now, with more to come.

But yeah...he sucked. Because Billay and Claythan said so. Keep on fucking that chicken, cornholer.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Bernard Pollard has never been a 'suck' player. .

That's just not true. The guy missed more tackles than almost every other safety in the league in 2008. He was a huge liability, and when he kept doing the same shit in 2009 preseason, welp, cut.

Holy shit, he was graded 80th out of 83 safeties that year. I mean, come on. He allowed 5 TDs.

Titty Meat
01-22-2013, 03:39 PM
He didn't suck. There's a reason the Ravens signed him and installed him as a starter from day 1.

Your logic here is absolute shit.

But then again, you were wright there alongside Clay and Sauto in the Pollard threads and you've never been one to actually analyze anything so why would I expect you to look at this intelligently?

Bernard Pollard has never been a 'suck' player. He's been, at his worst, an adequate starter with flaws in his game. And he's been a starter in this league for 6 years now, with more to come.

But yeah...he sucked. Because Billay and Claythan said so. Keep on fucking that chicken, cornholer.

So why did 2 other teams dump him again?

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Well, in hindsight, yes.

It's hard to say if he would have improved had he stayed here.

He still deserved to be cut based on how horribly he played that preseason and how horrible he had been to that point in his career. The guy was a shitty tackler, and that has zilch to do with scheme.

In hindsight my ass, some of us said it in real time and got to listen to you slob off Mike Brown and disparage a relative NFL infant for a technique flaw that an idiot head coach drilled into him.

And no, a 24 yr old kid with 2 seasons as a starter and a decent learning curve never 'deserves' to get cut because of a bad pre-season. Especially not so a 2-14 team could keep a fucking 32 yr old broke-dick safety that was slower than Sammy Knight instead.

You know who sucked? That asshole. The guy that never played another down of NFL football after we cut him. THAT guy sucked.

You were wrong. Just fucking admit it and move along. You've got the GIFs you slobbered all over before you had any concept of 'selection bias' and worn out old saws regarding missed tackles in the open field from Strong Safeties, as though every SS in the NFL is just making open-field tackles on guys in space every day.

Really, all you have are the preconceived notions you had when you still thought Scott Pioli was a God. Time has shown us that Scott Pioli is a goddamn idiot and Bernard Pollard is a quality starting Strong Safety in this league.

Just walk away...

Titty Meat
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Let go by two teams and ranked 80/83

Talk about bizzaro world.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
I'm not going to "Walk away" because shitty tacklers who show zero signs of improving in that regard deserve to be cut.

This isn't Joe Horn part two. Bernard Pollard was crap here. You do not DAMN NEAR LEAD THE LEAGUE IN MISSED TACKLES and escape judgment, sorry. Facts are facts.

He was fairly shitty in Houston too so it's not like this happened overnight.

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 03:45 PM
So why did 2 other teams dump him again?

The Chiefs dumped him because Scott Pioli is a goddamn moron. Care to argue that point?

The Texans didn't dump him, they just didn't offer him the 4/$12 million that the Ravens did. How's that dumping him? He was their starter all year.

Again, your logic is garbage. Teams make decisions not to re-sign players all the time. For instance, is Brandon Carr shitty because the Chiefs didn't re-sign him? No, they just didn't want to pay premium money to keep him.

A $12 million contract for a SS is a pretty sizeable contract - the Texans didn't want to pay it so the Ravens did. And they immediately made him their starter.

Yeah - he sucked so badly that a team that is clearly better run than all but about 5 in the NFL gave him $12 million to be their starter.

This is as bad an argument as I've ever seen from you and I've seen you create some amazingly shitty arguments.

Titty Meat
01-22-2013, 03:47 PM
The Chiefs dumped him because Scott Pioli is a goddamn moron. Care to argue that point?

The Texans didn't dump him, they just didn't offer him the 4/$12 million that the Ravens did. How's that dumping him? He was their starter all year.

Again, your logic is garbage. Teams make decisions not to re-sign players all the time. For instance, is Brandon Carr shitty because the Chiefs didn't re-sign him? No, they just didn't want to pay premium money to keep him.

A $12 million contract for a SS is a pretty sizeable contract - the Texans didn't want to pay it so the Ravens did. And they immediately made him their starter.

Yeah - he sucked so badly that a team that is clearly better run than all but about 5 in the NFL gave him $12 million to be their starter.

This is as bad an argument as I've ever seen from you and I've seen you create some amazingly shitty arguments.

DJ is going menstrual again. Care to touch the 80/83 thing or you just gonna write paragraphs of excuses?

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm not going to "Walk away" because shitty tacklers who show zero signs of improving in that regard deserve to be cut.

This isn't Joe Horn part two. Bernard Pollard was crap here. You do not DAMN NEAR LEAD THE LEAGUE IN MISSED TACKLES and escape judgment, sorry. Facts are facts.

He was fairly shitty in Houston too so it's not like this happened overnight.

Ah, good ol' revisionist history.

Pollard showed plenty of signs of improvement. He was getting better in his angles and actually getting more responsible in coverage, though clearly still very raw.

And then Pioli cut him for Mike Brown. And no, he wasn't shitty in Houston. You and Billay are just flat making this up. He was a Pro-Bowl alternate his first year and in his 2nd year he earned a contract that put his salary well above the halfway point for strong-safeties in this league.

Again - you children are simply incapable of differentiating between a decent player and a great one. Pollard NEVER sucked. Never. Not for a single year he has ever started in this league. Mike fucking Brown sucked. THAT is suck. Being so lousy that nobody ever allows you to play for them ever again.

Bernard Pollard has been signed and made a starter for 2 teams that are vastly superior to the organization that cut him loose. He most assuredly did not 'suck'.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Ah, good ol' revisionist history.

Pollard showed plenty of signs of improvement. He was getting better in his angles and actually getting more responsible in coverage.

Improving, but still darn near the worst safety in the league in every measurable way.

Hilarious.

That is the DEFINITION OF SUCK, friend. Why ignore facts?

And no, he wasn't shitty in Houston.

His last season there he gave up SIX touchdowns. 65th rated safety. Texans fans HATED him.

Your bias far outweighs any facts I bring unfortunately.

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Let go by two teams and ranked 80/83

Talk about bizzaro world.

Signed by 2 very well run organizations and paid millions of dollars while guys like Mike Brown and Jarrad Page were dumped from football without as much as a hearty 'fuck you'.

You guys are right, he clearly wasn't one of the 53 best players on our roster. We definitely should've kept Mike Brown over him.

Titty Meat
01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Signed by 2 very well run organizations and paid millions of dollars while guys like Mike Brown and Jarrad Page were dumped from football without as much as a hearty 'fuck you'.

You guys are right, he clearly wasn't one of the 53 best players on our roster. We definitely should've kept Mike Brown over him.

Keep dodging the 80/83 ranking this isnt about a discussion as much as it is about you blowing yourself.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 03:58 PM
The interesting thing is you want to shit on Mike Brown, who wasn't very good for sure, but he sure missed fewer tackles than Pollard, and gave up fewer TDs.

Bias. Bias. Bias. Ignoring the facts.

Titty Meat
01-22-2013, 03:58 PM
I saw pollard miss a tackle on leftwich this year ROFL ROFL ROFL

BigMeatballDave
01-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Who thinks the hit on Ridley was a good tackle?

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Improving, but still darn near the worst safety in the league in every measurable way.

Hilarious.

That is the DEFINITION OF SUCK, friend. Why ignore facts?

His last season there he gave up SIX touchdowns. 65th rated safety. Texans fans HATED him.

Your bias far outweighs any facts I bring unfortunately.

My bias? That's rich.

You've been after the guy his entire career. And the only reason you defended cutting him was because you had doe eyes for Scott Pioli.

You're right - Ozzie Newsome doesn't know shit about football. He should've listened to PFF instead of bringing in a guy that unquestionably added to his football team.

PFF will continue to blister Pollard for not being good in coverage and continue to fail to show the impact he has on guys that come across the middle against the Ravens. Listen to guys in the league talk about playing against him - they hate it. Why? Because he's the same guy he's always been. He's a damn assassin that brings anger and intensity to a defense in a game that is fueled by anger and intensity.

He's exactly the kind of player this defense is missing and we had him on our roster.

But you and Billay are right, Pioli was completely correct in keeping guys like Tim Castille, Sean Ryan, Derek Mays and Demarrio Williams instead of him. Men that left the organization and had stellar careers like Mike Brown and Mike Richardson.

Because that's the argument you're making. That the Chiefs were smart to cut Bernard Pollard in favor of Mike Brown.

Defend that one for me, bucko. Go ahead and show me how cutting Bernard Pollard for Mike Brown was a smart decision to make in either the short or long terms.

It wasn't. It never was and never has been. It was a shortsighted decision made by an idiot general manager and defended by ditto-heads who still can't bring themselves to admit the obvious.

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Keep dodging the 80/83 ranking this isnt about a discussion as much as it is about you blowing yourself.

Keep parroting a stat that Clay fed you without knowing what it actually is or any context for it.

PFF's rankings are always subject to review. But again, clearly Ozzie Newsome is a moron for signing a guy that was worse than 20 safeties that came off the bench for teams that year, right?

You're so unwilling to critically examine anything that you're taking that statistic at face value. Really. There were honestly 20 safeties that didn't start that were 'better' than Bernard Pollard that season? Sure - whatever you say Billay.

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Who thinks the hit on Ridley was a good tackle?

It wasn't - but that's exactly the thing with Pollard.

Pollard just changes things on the field and they are things that aren't reflected in PFF rankings (and involve an aggression that can get him into trouble at times as well).

He's not really any different a player than he was here, which is why Clay's argument, that he got better after we cut him, is largely crap. He's a very very similar player.

He's a very good component part. He's a guy that can go out there in a playoff game and have guys short-arming passes over the middle. He's a guy that can get people nervous about trying to lay out for a pass or even accelerate up the field.

But hey, he missed tackles here and there so he's worthless...or something.

Titty Meat
01-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Keep parroting a stat that Clay fed you without knowing what it actually is or any context for it.

PFF's rankings are always subject to review. But again, clearly Ozzie Newsome is a moron for signing a guy that was worse than 20 safeties that came off the bench for teams that year, right?

You're so unwilling to critically examine anything that you're taking that statistic at face value. Really. There were honestly 20 safeties that didn't start that were 'better' than Bernard Pollard that season? Sure - whatever you say Billay.

I never claimed Newsome was a moron. Ive seen other guys excel in the same role as Pollard and go on to suck with other teams. Dwan Laundry, Leonard, Zwibitkowski, and the dude with the Japanese name all looked good in that role and were average at best with other teams.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 04:10 PM
You've been after the guy his entire career. And the only reason you defended cutting him was because you had doe eyes for Scott *****.

No, I defended cutting him because I had hated him his entire career for being a shitty player who had gotten so bad by the end of his time in KC he was darn near the worst safety in football. That is a fact.

He's had a couple of good years with the Ravens. That doesn't invalidate what he was before at all.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 04:11 PM
He's a very very similar player.

LMAO

Who doesn't miss tackles or give up touchdowns now.

So other than the fact that he doesn't fucking suck at league-worst levels, he's similar!

The fuck.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 04:12 PM
PFF's rankings are always subject to review.

Here we go. Same shit every time someone gets clowned. LMAO

"I know more than the foremost football grading site in existence!"

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 04:12 PM
I never claimed Newsome was a moron. Ive seen other guys excel in the same role as Pollard and go on to suck with other teams. Dwan Laundry, Leonard, Zwibitkowski, and the dude with the Japanese name all looked good in that role and were average at best with other teams.

And what would have ever kept Pollard from excelling in that role here but the idiot machinations of a lousy GM and his hand-picked stooges that coached this team?

Look at Berry - that's exactly the kind of smart, athletic, physical safety that could have played alongside Pollard, covered ground and left Pollard in a perfect position to go out there and reek havoc over the middle.

It would've been an absolutely ideal duo in our defensive backfield. Instead we've spent 2 seasons with the glass jaw of Kendrick Lewis and his random replacements out there.

Pollard's a guy that plays an important role on most good defenses. And he'd have easily been able to play that role here.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 04:13 PM
I don't think he would have.

It took a change of scenery for the guy to wake up the fuck up and improve. (Plus better coaching/team environment)

That's what happened.

He was NEVER this good in KC, EVER.

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Here we go. Same shit every time someone gets clowned. LMAO

"I know more than the foremost football grading site in existence!"

Which evidently knows more than one of the most respected GMs in the business?

It's a valuable tool, no question. And as Ozzie Newsome knew when he decided to give Pollard $12 million, it's not dispositive.

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 04:16 PM
I don't think he would have.

It took a change of scenery for the guy to wake up the fuck up and improve. (Plus better coaching/team environment)

That's what happened.

He was NEVER this good in KC, EVER.

He was 23.

He was never a veteran with 6 years of starting experience, 4 years of good coaching and an organization that believed in him in KC.

Funny thing - players tend to get better when you add all those things together.

There's no reason he couldn't have been all those things in Kansas City. This again goes back to the fact that ***** was a shitty General Manager that installed a shitty coaching staff and did a shitty job of identifying talent that was worth coaching up (Pollard) and talent that wasn't (Jackson).

DJ's left nut
01-22-2013, 04:19 PM
LMAO

Who doesn't miss tackles or give up touchdowns now.

So other than the fact that he doesn't fucking suck at league-worst levels, he's similar!

The fuck.

He's being put in positions to succeed in Baltimore and he's actually been taught the game.

He's still a guy that will lose his responsibilities in coverage and go for a knockout blow instead of the 'sound' tackle quite often. He's the same type of player he's always been.

He's just better at it. Age, experience and coaching will do that for you.

I said this 3 years ago - your position is an unassailable one. If he had stayed awful, you could say you were right because he was awful. Had he become good, you could say he just needed 'a wakeup call'. In essence, you've just taken the position that no matter what happens, you were right.

Bullshit - Bernard Pollard could have been and should have been all those things in Kansas City but Pioli is a goddamn moron and never gave him that chance.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 04:38 PM
He's being put in positions to succeed in Baltimore and he's actually been taught the game.

He's still a guy that will lose his responsibilities in coverage and go for a knockout blow instead of the 'sound' tackle quite often. He's the same type of player he's always been.

He's just better at it. Age, experience and coaching will do that for you.

I said this 3 years ago - your position is an unassailable one. If he had stayed awful, you could say you were right because he was awful. Had he become good, you could say he just needed 'a wakeup call'. In essence, you've just taken the position that no matter what happens, you were right.

Bullshit - Bernard Pollard could have been and should have been all those things in Kansas City but ***** is a goddamn moron and never gave him that chance.

The guy had been here for 3 years, had a history of being a lousy tackler and was only getting worse.

I wouldn't have given him another chance, either.

He's not the same play he was at all. I mean, he went from a guy who was a complete liability to a guy who didn't allow a single TD this year.

That's not even close.

Pioli fucked up a lot of things but lots of GMs would have cut Bernard Pollard. He was basically the black Sabby Piscitelli.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 04:40 PM
He was 23.

He was never a veteran with 6 years of starting experience, 4 years of good coaching and an organization that believed in him in KC.

:facepalm:

He had started 31 games in his career at that point.

And he was getting worse, not better.

Safety isn't WR or QB. It's one of the most "Ready-to-play" positions in football for young starters.

Come on, man.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 04:42 PM
he decided to give Pollard $12 million, it's not dispositive.

LMAO

This is what you're using now?

He got a 3 million dollar signing bonus, whooptie do.

Chump change for a guy who needed to prove a lot.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Pollard's a guy that plays an important role on most good defenses. .

The Ravens have only gotten worse on defense since he arrived, while the Chiefs have only gotten better.

In fact, you wanna hear something awesome?

Before last week, Pollard had played two completely garbage playoff games.

But he makes a couple of nice hits and all his ballwashers from 4 years ago come out of the woodwork to cry.

Par for the course.

Titty Meat
01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Clay nails it.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Ray Ray, Ngata, Suggs, and Reed are good turd maskers as well ;)

HotCarl
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Pollard gets a lot of crap in KC, but the guy has turned out to be fantastic value from a second round pick. 7 seasons, most of them starting. Good enough to start on defense for the best defense in the league. This just illustrates how the Chiefs used to be able to evaluate talent, especially on defense. We must get back to that

Hammock Parties
01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Good enough to start on defense for the best defense in the league.

See, you shouldn't even come to the debate table with weaksauce like this.

Baltimore was 17th in yards and 12th in pts.

BigMeatballDave
01-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Pollard gets a lot of crap in KC, but the guy has turned out to be fantastic value from a second round pick. 7 seasons, most of them starting. Good enough to start on defense for the best defense in the league. This just illustrates how the Chiefs used to be able to evaluate talent, especially on defense. We must get back to that

Best D in the league?

LOL WUT

TimeForWasp
01-22-2013, 09:54 PM

Me too

Valiant
01-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Me too

How good would he be with our front 3/7 lack of pass rush?? Would just give him more time to miss an angle..

He would of stayed his course if he was still here.. The Ravens can mask him, and allow him to get his hits because the rest of them are pros and take out some of his negatives..

RJ
01-22-2013, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=gblowfish;9339201]When he played here, he missed a lot of tackles looking for kill shots. He also had a lot of unsportsmanlike penalties, which he still has problems with in Baltimore. Having Ed Reed alongside has helped him. He may have been a great combo here once we got Eric Berry. He has matured, learned and improved as a player. Sometime a change of scenery is all a guy needs. That seemed to help Priest Holmes when he came to KC. Pollard is definitely Pats Kryptonite.[/QUOTE

Pollard's penalties are often made up for by nervous receivers dropping easy catches. See Wes Welker.

Skyy God
02-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Who needs a SS that lights guys up despite playing with 6 broken ribs....

According to the Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson, Ravens safety Bernard Pollard played most of the season, including the Super Bowl, with six broken ribs.

Pollard first got hurt against the Philadelphia Eagles in the second game, aggravating the injury against the Washington Redskins and missing the final three games of the regular season.

Pollard hadn't previously disclosed the extent of his injury, but acknowledged what he had played through since the season is over and opponents won't be targeting his ailment.

Pollard is something of a persona non grata in New England as he's got a bit of a habit of taking out Patriots. He's been responsible for key injuries to Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski and most recently Stevan Ridley. This newest report only adds to the terrifying I-do-not-give-a-fuck reputation Pollard has crafted for himself.

http://deadspin.com/5981693/bernard-pollard-has-a-broken-rib-for-nearly-every-patriot-he-has-injured

Mr. Laz
02-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Chiefs fans love them some EX-chiefs

mcaj22
02-05-2013, 11:57 AM
dude is one tough mother ****er for sure

49ers had the gameplan on him though and they had a money play to start on the short inside slant or crossing route and hit the WR right as he breaks over the middle to the outside and have Pollard try to get him in a foot race because Bernie is to slow to run from inside to outside lol

Hammock Parties
02-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Living well is the best revenge, Pollard.

Enjoy the ring, bitch.

saphojunkie
03-13-2013, 10:20 AM
The Redzone ‏@TheRedzoneorg

Ravens release Bernard Pollard http://bit.ly/ZIcMRI #NFL #Ravens
Retweeted by Adam Schefter

Rasputin
03-13-2013, 10:25 AM
The Redzone ‏@TheRedzoneorg

Ravens release Bernard Pollard http://bit.ly/ZIcMRI #NFL #Ravens
Retweeted by Adam Schefter

Wins a Super Bowl gets cut lol.

Eh wonder if Flacco contract has anything to do with this cut?

saphojunkie
03-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Hell yes it does. Flacco's ego is going to get in the way of winning games. Ravens are apparently the only team with a franchise QB, coming off a SB win, and yet are still going to be in rebuild mode.