PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Tecmo Super Bowl- As Presented By ESPN2

Sofa King
01-23-2013, 01:44 AM
Has anyone seen this? Pretty cool listening to players talking about playing, even seeing some players that were in the game talk about it.

I know there are people here who picked the Chiefs because of Okoye in this game. Fun watch.

Mort is a little much though.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fAlI6t1Aa5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

R8RFAN
01-23-2013, 01:53 AM
Okoye had the biggest shoulder pads ever..

Rasputin
01-23-2013, 03:00 AM
I loved using Okoye, but then he set up nicely for a Steve Deberg playaction pass to Stephone Paige TOUCHDOWN!

Those were the days.

tomahawk kid
01-23-2013, 05:05 AM
I don't think Mort is real.

CoMoChief
01-23-2013, 05:56 AM
Bo Jackson > God

That is all.

DaKCMan AP
01-23-2013, 06:08 AM
Tecmo Bowl > Tecmo Super Bowl

Brooklyn
01-23-2013, 07:14 AM
Mort is real, I've met him. Never gone to the Wisconsin Tourney, but did the NY one a few years ago. These guys are good. I'm pretty decent myself, but I got smoked even just in the round robin part. Anyone ever play the updated 2012 ROMs or ones from any other seasons? Lots of fun to go 100 yards with Jamal Charles, let me tell ya.

TSB is a big reason why I'm even a Chiefs fan. I loved Steve DeBerg back in the day, and as many have already said, Okoye was unstoppable.

notorious
01-23-2013, 07:43 AM
Tecmo Bowl > Tecmo Super Bowl

Smoother animation, bigger players < All teams, 11 players, stats, full season, playoffs

DaKCMan AP
01-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Smoother animation, bigger players < All teams, 11 players, stats, full season, playoffs

DaKCMan AP, Tecmo Bowl, Geno Smith > notorious, Tecmo Super Bowl, Matt Cassel

htismaqe
01-23-2013, 07:52 AM

This.

notorious
01-23-2013, 07:55 AM
DaKCMan AP, Tecmo Bowl, Geno Smith > notorious, Tecmo Super Bowl, Matt Cassel

Geno Smith alone tips the scale.

Why did you have to be that mean, grouping me with Matt Cassel? :(

I am taking my NES and going home.

DaKCMan AP
01-23-2013, 07:58 AM
Geno Smith alone tips the scale.

Why did you have to be that mean, grouping me with Matt Cassel? :(

I am taking my NES and going home.

I admit, that was pretty cruel. Not Awesome behavior.

listopencil
01-23-2013, 10:20 AM
I loved the create-a-player option, and setting up my own playbook.

BigCatDaddy
01-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Randall... I mean QB Eagles owned on that game.

tomahawk kid
01-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Mort is real, I've met him. Never gone to the Wisconsin Tourney, but did the NY one a few years ago. These guys are good. I'm pretty decent myself, but I got smoked even just in the round robin part. Anyone ever play the updated 2012 ROMs or ones from any other seasons? Lots of fun to go 100 yards with Jamal Charles, let me tell ya.

TSB is a big reason why I'm even a Chiefs fan. I loved Steve DeBerg back in the day, and as many have already said, Okoye was unstoppable.

Did he have BO / halitosis? - That's how I pictured him after watching this.

Also - how are they "good"? I don't doubt what you say, I'm just curous since its an 8 bit, two bit video game. Quick thumbs?

Brooklyn
01-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Did he have BO / halitosis? - That's how I pictured him after watching this.

Also - how are they "good"? I don't doubt what you say, I'm just curous since its an 8 bit, two bit video game. Quick thumbs?

You'd be surprised the amount of technique that can be crammed into this old school game. Having a quick thumb is definitely key for breaking tackles, or grappling as its called in Tecmo. Timing your throws is also very key...if you noticed in the video the WR jumps in the air to catch the ball (known as a JJ, or jumping jackass), and its pretty much indefensible. Its also a calculated move. If you execute the dropback and the timing of the throw you can pretty much get that to happen on a consistent basis with certain routes. Ability to work the D-Pad also can separate a good player from a great one. I have one move where I cut back in the wrong direction around a defender and do a complete circle around him to avoid the tackle and break an even bigger run. Its not super tricky, but a more advanced technique than the typical zig zag move most Tecmoers know about. Lastly, I'd have to say recognizing the playbooks and knowing what a guy has called based off formation alone is pretty key to success. In the tourneys you can pick whatever playbook you want so some things can be masked a bit, but knowing what is coming and picking the best defender to stop that play can go a long way.

DaKCMan AP
01-23-2013, 11:21 AM
You'd be surprised the amount of technique that can be crammed into this old school game. Having a quick thumb is definitely key for breaking tackles, or grappling as its called in Tecmo. Timing your throws is also very key...if you noticed in the video the WR jumps in the air to catch the ball (known as a JJ, or jumping jackass), and its pretty much indefensible. Its also a calculated move. If you execute the dropback and the timing of the throw you can pretty much get that to happen on a consistent basis with certain routes. Ability to work the D-Pad also can separate a good player from a great one. I have one move where I cut back in the wrong direction around a defender and do a complete circle around him to avoid the tackle and break an even bigger run. Its not super tricky, but a more advanced technique than the typical zig zag move most Tecmoers know about. Lastly, I'd have to say recognizing the playbooks and knowing what a guy has called based off formation alone is pretty key to success. In the tourneys you can pick whatever playbook you want so some things can be masked a bit, but knowing what is coming and picking the best defender to stop that play can go a long way.

http://www.terrapass.com/images/blogposts/nerd200.jpg

Imon Yourside
01-23-2013, 11:39 AM
hehe updated rosters ftw!!!

Sofa King
01-23-2013, 01:52 PM
hehe updated rosters ftw!!!

Charles needs more carries