PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Romeo Crennel As Defensive Coordinator - SP Fired Spagnuolo

houstonwhodat
01-24-2013, 08:09 PM
Sean Payton ain't playing around.

He just got reinstated this week and today he fired DC Steve Spagnuolo and said they are moving to a 3-4.

Lots of Saints fans think they should hire Romeo.

What's your honest opinion of that?

Seemed like Romeo was lost as a HC but don't really know his history as a DC.

Please elaborate.

SAUTO
01-24-2013, 08:10 PM

He just got reinstated this week and he already fired DC Steve Spagnuolo and said they are moving to a 3-4.

Lots of Saints fans think they should hire Romeo.,

Please elaborate.
They hired rob Ryan.
Posted via Mobile Device

houstonwhodat
01-24-2013, 08:11 PM
They hired rob Ryan.
Posted via Mobile Device

No.

Rob Ryan went to St. Louis.

Idahojim
01-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Take him in a heartbeat. Not a good HC, but great DC. I could see him fitting well with the Saints. Really well.

RealSNR
01-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Make sure you don't have any "loose cannons" at LB

houstonwhodat
01-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Take him in a heartbeat. Not a good HC, but great DC. I could see him fitting well with the Saints. Really well.

Yeah that's what fans there seem to think.

They also talk about Lovie Smith but I think Lovie runs a 4-3, not a 3-4.

wazu
01-24-2013, 08:14 PM
He'd be a very solid hire if he actually wants the job.

Deberg_1990
01-24-2013, 08:14 PM
He was a great DC in 2001

In 2013....not so much.

Strongside
01-24-2013, 08:15 PM
He's a good Defensive mind. Just don't ever think about promoting him to HC. Ever.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Nice guy.

That's all.

SAUTO
01-24-2013, 08:16 PM
No.

Fuck me you are right.

I got two texts in a row one about the saints and one about the rams lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Canofbier
01-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Yeah, Saints fans should be happy if they get the guy as a DC. He did a nice job in that role while he was here in KC, and I almost wish that he were never promoted in the first place so that he'd have stayed here in that role. It would be a hell of a lot better than what we ended up hiring.

Hammock Parties
A 2-gap with an attacking offense? Should work well!

mdchiefsfan
I think his system is outdated, but you could still do worse.

-King-
01-24-2013, 08:18 PM
No.

Funny thing is...I'd take Romeo over him at DC any day.

houstonwhodat
He's a good Defensive mind. Just don't ever think about promoting him to HC. Ever.

Sean Payton's back so don't worry about that.

But the Saints need a DC now.

I can't imagine SP firing Spags without someone else in mind.

SP has been sitting back and watching the Saints D flounder all year and it probably made him furious.

If the Saints had an even mediocre defense this year they would have been in the playoffs.

DTLB58

He just got reinstated this week and today he fired DC Steve Spagnuolo and said they are moving to a 3-4.

Lots of Saints fans think they should hire Romeo.

Please elaborate.

How old is someone not to know RAC's history of a DC? Holy crap!
ProFootball Reference.com is good.

RunKC
He would be a great hire for the Saints.

He's been able to get under the skin of a lot of elite QB's and frustrate them, namely Peyton Manning.

He didn't have an offense worth a shit to help him here. Having Brees and the Saints offense backing him up would be perfect for RAC.

-King-
01-24-2013, 08:19 PM
I think his system is outdated, but you could still do worse.

You could do A LOT worse than Romeo at DC.

Titty Meat
01-24-2013, 08:21 PM

In 2013....not so much.

What? His defense was 11th without his best player 2 years ago.

houstonwhodat
01-24-2013, 08:21 PM
How old is someone not to know RAC's history of a DC? Holy crap!
ProFootball Reference.com is good.

I wanted to hear you guys first hand experience.

SAUTO
01-24-2013, 08:22 PM
What? His defense was 11th without his best player 2 years ago.

DJ was out for a season?
Posted via Mobile Device

mlyonsd
01-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Romeo is way overrated at anything he does.

Fritz88
01-24-2013, 08:23 PM
He's a good DC despite what some say here.

I'd hire him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
01-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Well, the Saints are going to see a lot of Roman Harper up in the box and being victimized by TEs.

RealSNR
01-24-2013, 08:26 PM
That defensive line of the Saints is going to be completely unfamiliar to 2-gapping.

houstonwhodat, you guys should trade for Tyson Jackson. We'll take Jimmy Graham off your hands. With Jackson, the transition to Romeo's scheme will be eased quite a bit. Sound good?

chiefzilla1501
01-24-2013, 08:27 PM
I wanted to hear you guys first hand experience.

Romeo's a real sound defensive mind. But what you're going to get is an overly conservative defense with very well coached players. He's not going to attack a whole ton. And by the way, it means you have to restructure your offensive line to bring in slow defensive ends and big OLBs.

No team should be transitioning into 2-gap right now. There's a reason why no team runs it. The only 2-gap guys left coordinating are Sutton and Bowles. And I'm 99% sure Sutton isn't running 2-gap.

houstonwhodat
01-24-2013, 08:27 PM
That defensive line of the Saints is going to be completely unfamiliar to 2-gapping.

houstonwhodat, you guys should trade for Tyson Jackson. We'll take Jimmy Graham off your hands. Sound good?

Lot's of people would love to have Jimmy Graham. That dude is a BEAST and he still doesn't know what he's doing yet.

houstonwhodat
01-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Romeo's a real sound defensive mind. But what you're going to get is an overly conservative defense with very well coached players. He's not going to attack a whole ton. And by the way, it means you have to restructure your offensive line to bring in slow defensive ends and big OLBs.

No team should be transitioning into 2-gap right now. There's a reason why no team runs it. The only 2-gap guys left coordinating are Sutton and Bowles. And I'm 99% sure Sutton isn't running 2-gap.

Something has to be done about these "running quarterbacks" and the read option.

It's only going to get worse until someone cleans Englebert Humperdink's clock.

Someone from the Ravens should take care of that.

Gravedigger
01-24-2013, 08:29 PM
When he focuses on his craft, he's a motivating coach that gets the best out of his players. If he's asked to do too much, like most coordinators, he gets overwhelmed. I'd take him as DC over Sutton imho.

RealSNR
01-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Lot's of people would love to have Jimmy Graham. That dude is a BEAST and he still doesn't know what he'd doing yet.

True, but you'll need a guy who knows what he's doing in order to make Romeo work.

Okay okay okay. We'll throw in Matt Cassel to sweeten the pot. Brees needs a capable backup.

houstonwhodat
01-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Well, the Saints are going to see a lot of Roman Harper up in the box and being victimized by TEs.

Not sure if Harper will be back. Too old and slow.

Payton has some major changes in mind.

Daddy's Home And He's Angry.

Sorter
01-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Not sure if Harper will be back. Too old and slow.

Payton has some major changes in mind.

Daddy's Home And He's Angry.

He should be kept as depth but not for what he's making.

Bummer, as I really like the guy.

houstonwhodat
True, but you'll need a guy who knows what he's doing in order to make Romeo work.

Okay okay okay. We'll throw in Matt Cassel to sweeten the pot. Brees needs a capable backup.

:LOL: ROFL LMAO :shake:

chiefzilla1501
By the way, on Spagnuolo. Pretty shitty situation to be fired after what the Saints went through.

It's a shame the Chiefs have Gibbs. I'd take Spagnuolo as a LBs coach in a heartbeat.

Coogs
Drew Brees vs Gus Cassel.

Which city would Romeo rather be the DC for their local NFL team?

:hmmm:

Rasputin
01-24-2013, 08:32 PM
The guy is a rock when it comes to emotion altho he did have a hell of a * terrible season * he stayed strong for himself and the team. I don't know how much his heart is in to return to coaching after a season like that.

Andy Reid not taking a year off so I wouldn't be surprised the same for Romeo. He is up in age and could just retire. The defense would play hard for him as players really take to him as a father figure.

RealSNR
01-24-2013, 08:34 PM
:LOL: ROFL LMAO :shake:

*sigh* Fine, but this is my last offer:

Tyson Jackson, Matt Cassel, and Dexter McCluster for Slim Jim

houstonwhodat
01-24-2013, 08:35 PM
By the way, on Spagnuolo. Pretty shitty situation to be fired after what the Saints went through.

It's a shame the Chiefs have Gibbs. I'd take Spagnuolo as a LBs coach in a heartbeat.

Something had to be done I guess.

SP has been watching this all season.

IDK, but if you don't have the personnel for your scheme then change scheme's.

No way they should have been that bad.

How many points were they up on the Chiefs and they lost that damn game.

Too many games like that this year.

houstonwhodat
01-24-2013, 08:36 PM
*sigh* Fine, but this is my last offer:

Tyson Jackson, Matt Cassel, and Dexter McCluster for Slim Jim

Throw in some BBQ and maybe we'll talk hahahaha

Hammock Parties
01-24-2013, 08:36 PM
The Saints play in a division with the Panthers and Bucs, so Romeo's 2-gapping ways might actually help them 4 games a year.

But I'll bet his D gets smoked every time by the Falcons.

houstonwhodat
01-24-2013, 08:38 PM
The Saints play in a division with the Panthers and Bucs, so Romeo's 2-gapping ways might actually help them 4 games a year.

Sean Payton is in Mike Smith's head.

I expect the Saints to win the division again this year.

We'll see.

Sorter
01-24-2013, 08:38 PM

Leaving the saints DBs on islands against Julio/Roddy seems like a great plan. I mean, it worked well for us!

RINGLEADER
01-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Romeo seems to be as good as he wants to be. Unfortunately, most of the time his mind is on jelly doughnuts and buttered popcorn.

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2013, 09:00 PM

You're retarded

Sorter
01-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Wasn't Spags a DBs coach anyways?

Regardless, he, like Fewell have made their names off of having excellent pass rushers.

chiefzilla1501
01-24-2013, 09:05 PM
You're retarded

I am not saying the Saints are wrong to fire him. But he's been a DC for only one year in a year where they were missing a head coach, where their team was under scandal all year, and they lost several defensive players to meaningful time due to suspension.

And he's still one hell of an experienced positions coach.

I'm not sure what's retarded about any of what I said.

chiefzilla1501
01-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Wasn't Spags a DBs coach anyways?

Regardless, he, like Fewell have made their names off of having excellent pass rushers.

He was a LBs coach for the Eagles as well. The reason I brought his name up as someone I'm sure Reid would have considered, if Spags was fired earlier.

Sorter
01-24-2013, 09:08 PM
He was a LBs coach for the Eagles as well. The reason I brought his name up as someone I'm sure Reid would have considered, if Spags was fired earlier.

Didn't know he was a LBs coach too, thought it was just DBs.

While I could see Reid hiring him in some capacity, I wouldn't really want it. JMHO

Mr. Laz
01-24-2013, 09:10 PM
You put Crennel's defense with a high-powered offense and he could do well.

His bend-don't break defense won't force the other team to make mistakes unless you have a lead.

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2013, 09:12 PM
I am not saying the Saints are wrong to fire him. But he's been a DC for only one year in a year where they were missing a head coach, where their team was under scandal all year, and they lost several defensive players to meaningful time due to suspension.

And he's still one hell of an experienced positions coach.

I'm not sure what's retarded about any of what I said.
You're retarded.

You've always been retarded.

You're a verbose douche fuck that thinks he knows more than anyone and everyone else, due to your verbosity, but you're still retarded.

You're exactly like Blackbob, except your vocabulary is slightly more extensive.

But make no mistake: You are a retard.

The Bad Guy
01-24-2013, 09:18 PM

He's not a great DC.

Not even close anymore actually.

JoeyChuckles
01-24-2013, 09:20 PM
...If the Saints had an even mediocre defense this year they would have been in the playoffs.

Let's be honest, any team that was beaten by the Chiefs last year was not that close to making the playoffs.

chiefzilla1501
01-24-2013, 09:20 PM
You're retarded.

You're a verbose douche **** that thinks he knows more than anyone and everyone else, due to your verbosity, but you're still retarded.

You're exactly like Blackbob, except your vocabulary is slightly more extensive.

I... don't understand how anything I said justified this kind of a response. But okay.

The Bad Guy
01-24-2013, 09:21 PM

Yeah, real shame we have a guy who's improved the talent at the position and done his job exceptionally well.

Are you for fucking real?

The Bad Guy
01-24-2013, 09:21 PM
I... don't understand how anything I said justified this kind of a response. But okay.

Make no mistake. Saying you're sad we have Gibbs because you'd rather have Spagnulo when Gibbs has done a wonderful job here is fucking stupid.

The Bad Guy
01-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Romeo's going to have a hell of a time in NO. That's not a talented defense and not one that's going to make a smooth transition to a 3-4.

chiefzilla1501
01-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Make no mistake. Saying you're sad we have Gibbs because you'd rather have Spagnulo when Gibbs has done a wonderful job here is ****ing stupid.

Ok, fair enough. That was probably not the right way to say it.

Sorter
01-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Romeo's going to have a hell of a time in NO. That's not a talented defense and not one that's going to make a smooth transition to a 3-4.

Yup.

The Bad Guy
01-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Spags had one good run with the Giants. He was a product of Jim Johnson, much like Sean McDermott when he was a position coach.

His schemes last year were fucking horrible.

He's another coordinator that needs elite talent, ala Gunther, to produce.

KCwolf
01-24-2013, 09:27 PM
You're retarded.

You're a verbose douche **** that thinks he knows more than anyone and everyone else, due to your verbosity, but you're still retarded.

Man I Loved it when U were gone.............

O.city
01-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Spags is a name at this point.

And no, Romeo isn't a good DC. We built, for 4 years a defensive lineup based on his schem and it still was dirty hair. Read and react defenses aren't shit unless you have elite talent.

SAUTO
01-24-2013, 09:33 PM

JFC, maybe you should go then.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCwolf
01-24-2013, 09:35 PM
JFC, maybe you should go then.
Posted via Mobile Device

STFU

SAUTO
01-24-2013, 09:37 PM
STFU

Why don't you? You are the one coming off like a little bitch.

Ohhhhhh it was so much nicer when the big meanie Dane isn't hurting idiots feelings...boo fucking hoo
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
01-24-2013, 09:37 PM
I don't think the coordinator is gonna matter in N.O.....the player personnel is what's lacking on that D.

I think it is both.

Bump
01-24-2013, 09:43 PM
he's a fantastic DC.

Don't forget the miracle he pulled on our defense when he got here.

chiefzilla1501
01-24-2013, 09:44 PM
I think it is both.

Could be. But he was also teaching zone to a defense used to attacking, and was missing his defensive captain, head coach, and LBs coach to help teach it. I'm not a huge fan of his scheme, but still fair to wonder if it was scheme, or if players were just lost or not fit for the scheme.

I think he'll still be a terrific positions coach.

The Bad Guy
01-24-2013, 09:50 PM
he's a fantastic DC.

Don't forget the miracle he pulled on our defense when he got here.

How about the next year when his defense gave up basically 40+ to the Lions and Bills to open the season?

The guy's schemes are suspect in today's NFL. In an aggressive NFL, it's not a shock that bend don't break rarely works anymore.

RealSNR
01-24-2013, 09:52 PM
He's a confused old man

chiefzilla1501
01-24-2013, 09:54 PM
What's interesting is that Payton is a Parcells disciple. So back to the OP... wouldn't surprise me if Romeo was very high on Payton's list.

Sorter
01-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Could be. But he was also teaching zone to a defense used to attacking, and was missing his defensive captain, head coach, and LBs coach to help teach it. I'm not a huge fan of his scheme, but still fair to wonder if it was scheme, or if players were just lost or not fit for the scheme.

I think he'll still be a terrific positions coach.

From a personal standpoint, Spags philosophies and mine differ too much; I wouldn't want him in any capacity.

He could probably have some success and help players in a 4-3 zone based scheme at both the LB and DB position.

el borracho
01-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Not a fan of Crennel's scheme (too passive). Players love him but that doesn't necessarily translate to playing well. Crennel should probably retire.

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2013, 12:21 AM

Who the fuck are you?

And what's your counterpoint, Fuckball?

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2013, 12:22 AM

Finally.

A two sentence response.

Sign of things to come?

DaWolf
01-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Romeo is bend but don't break. When everyone is doing their job properly, the defense can definitely slow opponents down and confuse them. But too often the D broke down because of missed assignments or whatnot. Also it didn't cause many turnovers or sacks, so it is what it is...

bevischief
01-25-2013, 07:41 AM
But the Chiefs went to the playoffs in 2010...

Reerun_KC
01-25-2013, 08:00 AM
ROFL Crennel is god freaking awful... Dude needs to quit while he can.

He makes GROB look compentent.

SAUTO
01-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Who the fuck are you?

And what's your counterpoint, Fuckball?

and then he calls me gay. LMAO

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 08:07 AM
How about the next year when his defense gave up basically 40+ to the Lions and Bills to open the season?

The guy's schemes are suspect in today's NFL. In an aggressive NFL, it's not a shock that bend don't break rarely works anymore.

This.

BossChief
01-25-2013, 09:48 AM
The only time Romeos defenses looked good in KC were when he called aggressive games.

If we had a DC with an attacking mentality the last couple years, Houston could have had 30 sacks by now...or more.

The fact that a guy with elite pass rush skills was dropped into coverage as much as he was is inexcusable.

boogblaster
01-25-2013, 11:04 AM
think he should retire .. his systems are outdated .....

King_Chief_Fan
01-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Crennels scheme's are as old and out dated as he is.

Reerun_KC
01-25-2013, 11:09 AM
Crennels scheme's are as old and out dated as he is.

he was completely exposed in the playoff game against BMore. Then we had to endure 4 more years of his failures...

BlackHelicopters
01-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Good restaurants in NOLA.

houstonwhodat
01-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Spags had one good run with the Giants. He was a product of Jim Johnson, much like Sean McDermott when he was a position coach.

His schemes last year were ****ing horrible.

He's another coordinator that needs elite talent, ala Gunther, to produce.

That's exactly what I was thinking, kinda like the year Cassel had with the Patriots.

Hey, maybe Romeo Crennel is the Matt Cassel of DC's?

Titty Meat
01-25-2013, 12:37 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking, kinda like the year Cassel had with the Patriots.

No.

Chief3188
01-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Good restaurants in NOLA.

Mothers po boys, Felix's, Acme Oyster House, Bubba Gumps, Court of Two Sisters (Also has the best bloody mary in the city in my opinion).

Basically any place that looks like a rat infested hole in the wall is usually the best places to eat lol. I love New Orleans and have lived here now 3 times for a total of 13 years.

houstonwhodat
01-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Mothers po boys, Felix's, Acme Oyster House, Bubba Gumps, Court of Two Sisters (Also has the best bloody mary in the city in my opinion).

Basically any place that looks like a rat infested hole in the wall is usually the best places to eat lol. I love New Orleans and have lived here now 3 times for a total of 13 years.

It's an acquired taste but once you understand the city and the people it's all good.

You ever go to Lucy's Retired Surfer Bar?

Drew hangs out there sometimes.

CoMoChief
01-25-2013, 12:45 PM

It's Dane.....he's an asshole from CA.

expecting a different respsonse were ya?

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 12:48 PM
For you locals, how does Ralph and Kacoo's in the French Quarter rate?

It's the only place in New Orlean's that I can actually remember the meal...

houstonwhodat
01-25-2013, 12:49 PM
For you locals, how does Ralph and Kacoo's in the French Quarter rate?

It's the only place in New Orlean's that I can actually remember the meal...

It's good.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 12:51 PM
It's good.

I certainly thought it was.

Crawfish po boy was pretty good.

houstonwhodat
01-25-2013, 12:57 PM
I certainly thought it was.

Crawfish po boy was pretty good.

There's so many to choose from.

There's a reason that the NFL has held so many Super Bowls in NOLA. (10 I think)

I get my po-boys from a little shop in Metairie called World Deli on Clearview.

Roast Beef po-boy with extra gravy is amazing.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 01:00 PM
There's so many to choose from.

There's a reason that the NFL has held so many Super Bowls in NOLA. (10 I think)

I get my po-boys from a little shop in Metairie called World Deli on Clearview.

Roast Beef po-boy with extra gravy is amazing.

I also vaguely remember getting crab-stuffed softshell crabs at Landry's (I think that's what it was called).

houstonwhodat
01-25-2013, 01:02 PM
I also vaguely remember getting crab-stuffed softshell crabs at Landry's (I think that's what it was called).

That doesn't make any sense?

Soft shell crabs are battered and fried and eaten whole. yum.

Now I have to get one.

I'm going to NOLA this weekend.

Xanathol
01-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Romeo is a good coach but this is a bad move for the Saints - not because Spags is any good, but arbitrarily moving to a 3-4 is a bad coaching decision by SP.

The Saints finally almost have the front 7 personnel they need for a 4-3, minus a DE & DT, and they are in range of getting a premier DE in the draft. DT isn't as bad as it has been and there are players coming up in free agency.

No matter what front the Saints run, they need 1, if not 2, safeties and unless Patrick Robinson makes huge strides, a starting corner ( even if he does, still need a nickle as JP hasn't done well ).

For a 3-4, Vilma and Loston just don't fit - they are sideline to sideline runners and not good at taking on blockers, so you need two new ILBers. Tez could play LOLB, but the fans that think Junior is any good simply don't know football; they guy just rushes up the field... over & over & over & over... easily flushed out of the play every time. In other words, he's a liability, despite what the dumbest fan base in the NFL think of him, so you need a ROLB, which luckily, you can get in this draft. Ellis or Bunkley could probably play RDE, but you may need a new guy there as well.

So to take a tally, you need 1+ safety, 1+ CB and either 2 DL or 3 LBers & maybe a DL. So 4 players in your 4-3 or 5-6 in a 3-4... not a hard choice. My guessis SP is over-reacting to failures to get a DT in free agency ( ie. it looks like they use PFF to sign people, bc they took Rodgers, Franklin, and Bunkley, and each one sucked - should teach them ), topped off with the failure that is Spags, plus envy in seeing other teams succeed, all adding up to a stupid, knee-jerk reaction.

houstonwhodat
01-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Seems like the general consensus on the various Saints' boards is that Romeo is the guy.

SP has said that they are in no hurry to find a DC but that could be just gibber jabberish.

Sorter
01-25-2013, 01:30 PM
People would want Romeo over Keith Butler?

JFC.

patteeu
01-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Romeo is a good coach but this is a bad move for the Saints - not because Spags is any good, but arbitrarily moving to a 3-4 is a bad coaching decision by SP.

The Saints finally almost have the front 7 personnel they need for a 4-3, minus a DE & DT, and they are in range of getting a premier DE in the draft. DT isn't as bad as it has been and there are players coming up in free agency.

No matter what front the Saints run, they need 1, if not 2, safeties and unless Patrick Robinson makes huge strides, a starting corner ( even if he does, still need a nickle as JP hasn't done well ).

For a 3-4, Vilma and Loston just don't fit - they are sideline to sideline runners and not good at taking on blockers, so you need two new ILBers. Tez could play LOLB, but the fans that think Junior is any good simply don't know football; they guy just rushes up the field... over & over & over & over... easily flushed out of the play every time. In other words, he's a liability, despite what the dumbest fan base in the NFL think of him, so you need a ROLB, which luckily, you can get in this draft. Ellis or Bunkley could probably play RDE, but you may need a new guy there as well.

So to take a tally, you need 1+ safety, 1+ CB and either 2 DL or 3 LBers & maybe a DL. So 4 players in your 4-3 or 5-6 in a 3-4... not a hard choice. My guessis SP is over-reacting to failures to get a DT in free agency ( ie. it looks like they use PFF to sign people, bc they took Rodgers, Franklin, and Bunkley, and each one sucked - should teach them ), topped off with the failure that is Spags, plus envy in seeing other teams succeed, all adding up to a stupid, knee-jerk reaction.

They should sign Glenn Dorsey when the Chiefs let him walk.

The Bad Guy
01-25-2013, 01:33 PM

I wasn't talking about Romeo here. I was talking about Spags.

houstonwhodat
01-25-2013, 01:34 PM
I wasn't talking about Romeo here. I was talking about Spags.

You're right my mistake.

I meant to put Spags on there not Romeo.

patteeu
01-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Personally, Romeo's year as HC here soured me so much that I wouldn't hire him in any coaching capacity. None of his Chiefs defenses were particularly good either, IMO.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Two defensive coaching candidates the Saints will consider adding to staff include Eric Mangini and Romeo Crennel, per… http://say.ly/sKG52jD

houstonwhodat
01-25-2013, 01:54 PM

Two defensive coaching candidates the Saints will consider adding to staff include Eric Mangini and Romeo Crennel, per… http://say.ly/sKG52jD

Mangini???????????????????

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Mangini???????????????????

The white, pissed off version of Romeo.

:D

Buehler445
01-25-2013, 02:34 PM
The white, pissed off version of Romeo.

:D

You forgot shittier and douchier.

Demonpenz
01-25-2013, 03:16 PM
he developed lots of pro bowlers off the chiefs.

chiefzilla1501
01-25-2013, 04:51 PM

Wow, Payton did a good job of being a non-traditional Parcells tree guy. Now he's all up in the 2-gap's butthole.

saphojunkie
01-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Wow, Payton did a good job of being a non-traditional Parcells tree guy. Now he's all up in the 2-gap's butthole.

You'd think Payton would have taken his year off and watched some football. If I'm a Saints fan, I can't hate this news any harder.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Cool, maybe they'll take a stud pass rushing LB in the 3rd and drop him into coverage 75 percent of the time.

-King-
01-25-2013, 05:42 PM
His defense will hover at around the 15-22 mark which, with their offense, is all they really need.

B_Ambuehl
01-25-2013, 05:54 PM
The Saints would be better off rolling with Joe Vitt as DC. He knows the players and they respect him. Romeos scheme has been outdated for years now, it can't stop the run or the pass, he's terrible at making both in-game and weekly adjustments, and he doesn't adjust his scheme to fit his talent.

They could play 1 gap 3-4 with that team but the existing talent isn't in any way suited to play 2-gap.

Chief3188
02-07-2013, 08:39 PM
It's an acquired taste but once you understand the city and the people it's all good.

You ever go to Lucy's Retired Surfer Bar?

Drew hangs out there sometimes.

It's on Magazine right? I think i've been there a few times. Don't go there too often though.

I met Drew when he opened up a Jimmy Johns a few blocks from where I work. He was there on the opening day and went there with a co worker and met him.

Sorter
02-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Cool, maybe they'll take a stud pass rushing LB in the 3rd and drop him into coverage 75 percent of the time.

ROFL

RyFo18
02-07-2013, 08:44 PM
No.

This was rumored, but the Rams told him to please go. He's jobless.

houstonwhodat
02-07-2013, 08:48 PM
This was rumored, but the Rams told him to please go. He's jobless.

May be going to the Saints.

He's being interviewed tomorrow.

houstonwhodat
02-07-2013, 08:51 PM
It's on Magazine right? I think i've been there a few times. Don't go there too often though.

I met Drew when he opened up a Jimmy Johns a few blocks from where I work. He was there on the opening day and went there with a co worker and met him.

It's on the corner.

Kind of a dump but it's where Drew revealed his chant after the Super Bowl they won in 2010.

Pretty cool.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rdbEJHDKkQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chief3188
02-07-2013, 09:19 PM
It's on the corner.

Kind of a dump but it's where Drew revealed his chant after the Super Bowl they won in 2010.

Pretty cool.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rdbEJHDKkQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is pretty cool. New Orleans definitely loves Drew.
They opened a Lucy's surfer bar where I live on the Northshore in Mandeville. It seemed like it was doing well but then it caught fire and they never came back. The place is called the beach house now.

MahiMike
02-08-2013, 01:28 PM

In 2013....not so much.

Beat me to it. He still has the same spiral notebook he did back then.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 4m
Source tells @FOXSports new #texans HC Bill O'Brien has fired all assistants from prior coaching staff & will name Romeo Crennel def coor

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Those inbred Patriots are creepy as fuck

Reerun_KC
01-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Funny seeing chiefs fans spitting the dick of Romeo out. Not to long ago he was the savior for beating green bay.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Per PFT...

Bill O’Brien clears out Texans staff, to hire Romeo Crennel

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 4, 2014, 10:33 AM EST

Getty Images
Well, Wade Phillips won’t get the chance to be the Texans defensive coordinator next year. And none of the guys he worked with are hanging around either.

According to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports, new Texans coach Bill O’Brien met with the existing Texans staff and fired them all, and will name Romeo Crennel as his defensive coordinator.

The 66-year-old Crennel was out of football this season after being fired by the Chiefs with two years left on his contract. That will allow the Texans to stay with the 3-4 defense they’re already running.

The clean house sets the stage for the Texans staff to have a very Bostonian vibe, as O’Brien will tap into his base of former Patriots co-workers for help.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Complete joke.

ILChief
01-04-2014, 09:48 AM
The tree

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Funny seeing chiefs fans spitting the dick of Romeo out. Not to long ago he was the savior for beating green bay.

Never go full Herm

Deberg_1990
01-04-2014, 09:53 AM
He's adequate at DC I guess. The Texans have some scent pieces to work with. Not sure if his 3-4 is as aggressive as Wade Phillips was?

KCUnited
01-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Human nature says...boom

Reerun_KC
01-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Never go full Herm

This place loves them some Herm that's for sure.

Bewbies
01-04-2014, 10:02 AM
RIP JJ Watt.

Patriot Way claims another victim....

Rausch
01-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Those inbred Patriots are creepy as ****

This...

BlackHelicopters
01-04-2014, 10:36 AM
A disaster in the making

J Diddy
01-04-2014, 10:40 AM

Slap me once shame on you. Anally rape me repeatedly shame on me.

Titty Meat
01-04-2014, 10:57 AM
The hate for him is illogical. Its already been posted his defenses were 11th and 12th ranked.

MahiMike
01-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Sorry for your losses Tampa

Bewbies
01-04-2014, 11:02 AM
The hate for him is illogical. Its already been posted his defenses were 11th and 12th ranked.

It's not him, it's the 2 gap read and react system.

beach tribe
01-04-2014, 11:05 AM
RIP JJ Watt.

Patriot Way claims another victim....

Richard Seymore didn't do too bad in that spot.

Dunerdr
01-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Well maybe they can trade those pass rushing studs for picks.

JakeLV
01-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Wade has had them playing at a Superbowl level. They just never got the support on the other side.

I doubt he stays unemployed long

RealSNR
01-04-2014, 11:29 AM
We should round up all the Patriot tards, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows.

Eleazar
01-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Romeo is probably fine as a defensive coordinator.

Spagnuolo looked like one of those guys who was on the way up, what a train wreck.

Bewbies
01-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Richard Seymore didn't do too bad in that spot.

He was no JJ Watt.

houstonwhodat
01-04-2014, 02:23 PM
They need to fire that piece of shit GM too.

Simply Red
01-04-2014, 02:24 PM
glad he'll probably find work again - love that black man.

bevischief
01-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Who gives a crap.....