PDA

View Full Version : KSU Snyder Contract Extension...

Mr_Tomahawk
01-31-2013, 09:54 AM
Dave Skretta‏@APdaveskretta

#KState coach Bill Snyder has signed new 5-year contract worth $14.75 million over the life of the deal.

lcarus
01-31-2013, 09:54 AM
That's awesome. Keep on truckin Bill.

Imon Yourside
01-31-2013, 09:56 AM
He won't fulfill his contract if he keeps eating Toxic Hell at 2:30am.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-31-2013, 10:10 AM
Sam Mellinger‏@mellinger

Bill Snyder will turn 78 in the last year of that new contract with #KState.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2013, 10:10 AM
congrats to KSU and fans

Mr. Laz
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY
K-State's Bill Snyder signs 5-year extension

January 31
BY BLAIR KERKHOFF
Kansas City Star

Kansas State football coach Bill Snyder has signed a five-year contract extension. The school is expected to make a formal announcement today, but athletic director John Currie broke the news in a letter to Kansas State fans on Thursday morning on the school's website, KStatesports.com

"(L)ater this morning we will be announcing that Coach Snyder has signed a new five-year contract that will solidify his services through the 2017 season. The new contract, which has an automatic rollover provision after the completion of each season mirroring the agreement signed in 2009, increases Coach's compensation to $2.75 million for the 2013 season, while annual increases of $100,000 will bring the five-year total to $14.75 million through the 2017 season. The new deal has been approved by the K-State Athletics, Inc., Board of Directors and President Kirk Schulz. Check k-statesports.com later this morning for our full announcement.

"We are thrilled Coach Snyder has accepted this new contract and proud of the competitive improvement our team has made - both on the field and in the classroom - under his leadership. Coach Snyder's daily drive, focus and energy in continuing to build the K-State football program are truly remarkable and inspirational. While he is not one to focus attention on himself, President Schulz and I felt that it was important to recognize, in this very significant way, his tremendous leadership and commitment to continuing to lead the K-State football program."

KC native
01-31-2013, 10:13 AM
He's no GMFP (Gary motherfucking Patterson), but good job KSU.

HemiEd
01-31-2013, 10:32 AM
great news! I was afraid he was going to retire.

RealSNR
01-31-2013, 10:34 AM
How old was Joe Pa when he was forced to retire?

Rasputin
01-31-2013, 10:36 AM
Congrats to Marty Snyder

HemiEd
01-31-2013, 10:36 AM
How old was Joe Pa when he was forced to retire?

Probably at least 20 years older than Snyder, but I could be off a little.

***edit*** just looked it up and he was 13 years older than Snyder.

RealSNR
01-31-2013, 10:42 AM
Probably at least 20 years older than Snyder, but I could be off a little.

According to wiki he was 86 when he died. So 84/85ish.

Sorry, I don't mean to sidetrack this thread, and I know this has been discussed to death, but the NCAA vacating all those wins as punishment for the scandal is just a bunch of bullshit. The games happened regardless of whether or not the coach did a bad thing in concealing a child abuser on his staff.

So yeah, "officially" the record books show he only has the number of wins that he had in 1998, but everybody REALLY knows how many wins he actually had.

Punish the school some other way. Make Paterno stand trial (if he hadn't died). Do whatever. But don't blow smoke up our asses and say, "Yep... Penn State actually didn't play any games from 1998-2011. Yup. That's what happened. That's history."

HemiEd
01-31-2013, 11:09 AM
According to wiki he was 86 when he died. So 84/85ish.

Sorry, I don't mean to sidetrack this thread, and I know this has been discussed to death, but the NCAA vacating all those wins as punishment for the scandal is just a bunch of bullshit. The games happened regardless of whether or not the coach did a bad thing in concealing a child abuser on his staff.

So yeah, "officially" the record books show he only has the number of wins that he had in 1998, but everybody REALLY knows how many wins he actually had.

Punish the school some other way. Make Paterno stand trial (if he hadn't died). Do whatever. But don't blow smoke up our asses and say, "Yep... Penn State actually didn't play any games from 1998-2011. Yup. That's what happened. That's history."

I agree totally. Does making them vacate the wins somehow make one or more of the victims feel better about the situation? I doubt it.

sedated
01-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Underpaid.

Prison Bitch
01-31-2013, 11:40 AM
That's awesome. Keep on truckin Bill.

Did you seriously type this? With a jayhawk avatar?

Go throw yourself off a cliff so our fan base will have better genes. Fo real.

FishingRod
01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
If I were a KSU fan instead of a KU guy, I would give the man whatever he wants, for as long as he wants and, when he dies I would have him send to a taxidermist so I could keep his stuffed corpse in the sideline forever. It is easy to be a winning coach at Oklahoma, Texas or Nebraska not so much in Kansas. I have nothing but respect for he has accomplished not once but twice.