PDA

View Full Version : Life Dads with young daughters...

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 12:52 PM
My 9-year old is obsessed with Taylor Swift. It's my fault, I have encouraged her to play the guitar (yes, she's the one I started the thread about a while back).

Last year, I took my oldest daughter to a Chiefs game for her birthday. I spent around $250 for 3 tickets.

It was my time to make it right, so I spent an almost IDENTICAL amount per ticket as I spent on the game and bought 3 tickets to Taylor Swift in concert.

I am almost certain that I will have to go. ABSOLUTELY not my type of music.

But I can't wait to tell her!

kcxiv
02-01-2013, 12:54 PM
My 9-year old is obsessed with Taylor Swift. It's my fault, I have encouraged her to play the guitar (yes, she's the one I started the thread about a while back).

Last year, I took my oldest daughter to a Chiefs game for her birthday. I spent around $250 for 3 tickets.

It was my time to make it right, so I spent an almost IDENTICAL amount per ticket as I spent on the game and bought 3 tickets to Taylor Swift in concert.

But I can't wait to tell her!its for your duaghters as long as they are happy fuck it!

Hell, i'd go too! lol Plus im sure there will be alot of eye candy going to that concert cant be half bad.

DeezNutz
02-01-2013, 12:54 PM
RIP.

Mods, please mark as a prayer thread.

Deberg_1990
02-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Its all good brah…We all have to make sacrifices for our kids. At least its not One Direction.

Fish
02-01-2013, 12:57 PM
The music sucks, but I've learned that the joy of watching them completely blissfully mesmerized by something like that makes it worth it. Plus MILF watching always passes the time.

She's gonna love it for sure. Good on you.

In58men
02-01-2013, 12:59 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/02/a4asuga7.jpg

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 01:12 PM
its for your duaghters as long as they are happy fuck it!

Hell, i'd go too! lol Plus im sure there will be alot of eye candy going to that concert cant be half bad.

MILFapalooza! :D

HemiEd
02-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Good for you, you will be glad you did it. The memory will last a lifetime and you two will not have this opportunity forever. She will be all grown up wanting to do stuff with just her friends soon enough.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Its all good brah…We all have to make sacrifices for our kids. At least its not One Direction.

Yeah, my kids don't generally get into that kind of stuff.

The only pop music she's high on (besides Swift obviously) is LMFAO and PSY but that's just because I think it's funny as shit.

Yesterday I caught her singing "TNT" by AC/DC in the car. :D

My oldest likes Queen and that's about it.

The opening act is Ed Sheeran, anybody heard of him? My wife played one song it sounded like typical English pop to me.

otherstar
02-01-2013, 01:18 PM
I've got four daughters, it'll be worth it. Any 1-on-1 time I get with any of my girls is precious to me (and hard to get because there is one of me and four of them). Cherish the time

....and enjoy the MILFS!!!!

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 01:21 PM
I've got four daughters, it'll be worth it. Any 1-on-1 time I get with any of my girls is precious to me (and hard to get because there is one of me and four of them). Cherish the time

....and enjoy the MILFS!!!!

It won't be 1-on-1 since I bought 3 tickets.

I think I might make my 63-year old dad go since I paid for his ticket to the Chiefs game last year. :)

Hootie
02-01-2013, 01:23 PM
WEEEEE ARE NEVER EVER EVER...GETTTTING BACK TOGETHER

I USED TO THINK...THAT WE...WERE FOREVER, EVER...

Easy 6
02-01-2013, 01:23 PM

Swift has dated a lot of guys, but i read something the other day that said the reason most of these guys are dumping her is because she doesnt put out much.

Somehow that doesnt really surprise me about her, either.

okoye35chiefs
02-01-2013, 01:24 PM
ah man your lil girl will be so excited... I have an 8 year old daughter and I have done my fair share of "chick" things...

Priceless when a Dad can spend time with a young daughter.. because in 8 years they don't want anything to do with you...lol..

Good dad right there..

Bowser
02-01-2013, 01:25 PM
20 years from now, she'll laugh as she remembers how she drug you to a Taylor Swift concert against your will, and how she loves you that much more for it.

Props for being a kick ass dad.

Hootie
02-01-2013, 01:25 PM
I REMEMBER WHEN WE BROKE UP..THE FIRST...SAYING THIS IS IT, I'VE HAD ENOUGH...CAUSE LIKE, WE HAVEN'T SEEN EACH OTHER IN A MONTH...WHEN YOU SAID YOU, "NEEDED SPACE", WHAT?

OOOOOH OOOH OOOOOH

YOU CALLED ME UP AGAIN LAST NIGHT

AND

OOOH OOOH OOOOH OOH

THIS TIME

I'M TELLING YOU I'M TELLING YOU

DMAC
02-01-2013, 01:26 PM
My 8 year old daughter is hooked on the NOW THATS WHAT I CALL MUSIC! cds. And none of it is music. So it's funny they call them that.

My 6 year old son likes ...And Justice For All, so we have a bit more in common.

okoye35chiefs
02-01-2013, 01:26 PM
I have two daughters and have done the concerts and disney on ice and blah blah blah..

now I have a 2 year old boy and can't wait for NFL games, wrasslin and monster trucks..

okoye35chiefs
02-01-2013, 01:27 PM
I REMEMBER WHEN WE BROKE UP..THE FIRST...SAYING THIS IS IT, I'VE HAD ENOUGH...CAUSE LIKE, WE HAVEN'T SEEN EACH OTHER IN A MONTH...WHEN YOU SAID YOU, "NEEDED SPACE", WHAT?

OOOOOH OOOH OOOOOH

YOU CALLED ME UP AGAIN LAST NIGHT

AND

OOOH OOOH OOOOH OOH

THIS TIME

I'M TELLING YOU I'M TELLING YOU

out of mantown! ROFL

Hootie
02-01-2013, 01:28 PM
I love T Swift. THE MAQ, I'll go instead.

My most recent ex and I had a weird embrace at our favorite bar where we were joking around and then OF COURSE that song comes on and we had a nice laugh.

I LOVE HER

T SWIFT, AVRIL, LISA LOEB, CELINE DION, ALANIS MORISSETTE, JEWEL, NELLY FURTADO

NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL MUSIC!

okoye35chiefs
02-01-2013, 01:28 PM
I love T Swift. THE MAQ, I'll go instead.

My most recent ex and I had a weird embrace at our favorite bar where we were joking around and then OF COURSE that song comes on and we had a nice laugh.

I LOVE HER

T SWIFT, AVRIL, LISA LOEB, CELINE DION, ALANIS MORISSETTE, JEWEL, NELLY FURTADO

NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL MUSIC!

good for you! lisa loeb holy cow...

Hootie
02-01-2013, 01:29 PM
I took my high school girlfriend to a god damn Kenny Chesney concert and my fucking god I WISH it was T Swift.

Chiefnj2
You are never, ever, ever, getting that song out of your head.

allen_kcCard
It won't be 1-on-1 since I bought 3 tickets.

I think I might make my 63-year old dad go since I paid for his ticket to the Chiefs game last year. :)

I'm sure there will be some GILFs too.

Hootie
good for you! lisa loeb holy cow...

BLACK FRAMED GLASSES FOR THE WIN!!

FIRST LOVE OF MY LIFE

Hootie
02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
WITH AN INDIE RECORD THAT'S MUCH BETTER THAN MINE (SHYEAH)!

NewChief
02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Red is a fine album.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 01:32 PM
20 years from now, she'll laugh as she remembers how she drug you to a Taylor Swift concert against your will, and how she loves you that much more for it.

Thanks man.

Now I'm gonna cry.

HoneyBadger
02-01-2013, 01:34 PM
My buddy went with his girlfriend to her connect a couple years ago. He said it was all 14 year old girls there.

But there was a benefit, no one in the beer line.

The Franchise
02-01-2013, 01:35 PM
My 5 year old daughter likes Justin Bieber.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 01:36 PM
WITH AN INDIE RECORD THAT'S MUCH BETTER THAN MINE (SHYEAH)!

I do like that line but not real fond of the song.

The new single has a slightly different tempo, I kind of like it.

DAMMIT, I'm getting old and soft!

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 01:37 PM
My 5 year old daughter likes Justin Bieber.

I'm terribly, terribly sorry.

My girls think Justin Bieber is a girl. :D

tecumseh
02-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Don't worry. I hear Tyler Swift is covering " Children of the Sea" . Although I'd rather hear her version of "Long Live Rock N Roll".

The Franchise
02-01-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm terribly, terribly sorry.

My girls think Justin Bieber is a girl. :D

Yeah.....it honestly fucking sucks. The one positive thing is that I don't let her listen to that shit when she's driving with me. She listens to that shit in my wife's car.

frankotank
02-01-2013, 01:39 PM
htismage.....looky here man.....many moons ago when my girl was lil.....I had to take her to the Pokemon movie.
let that sink in for a moment.
-
-
-
the POKEMON MOVIE!
OK. you feel me G?! would I have traded that for T Swift....DUH!
it's just to mean to say STFU....so I'll just say.....it could be MUCH MUCH WORSE!
good job dad.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 01:40 PM
I took my high school girlfriend to a god damn Kenny Chesney concert and my fucking god I WISH it was T Swift.

I took some illicit substances of the quite mind altering kind when I was a senior in high school and then ran into a girl that I was kind of fond of...

She asked me if I wanted to go to a concert and of course, in my state of mind, I thought that would be AWESOME.

I was completely oblivious to reality all the way up until the opening act came out on stage...

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4549586746082438&pid=15.1

It was at that point that the girl said "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you the concert was NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK."

In58men
02-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Swift has dated a lot of guys, but i read something the other day that said the reason most of these guys are dumping her is because she doesnt put out much.

Somehow that doesnt really surprise me about her, either.

She probably doesn't know how to fuck.

I can picture her as a 2x4 on her back.

listopencil
I don't know how old all of your daughters are but here's a word of advice: Start making a list of "chick flicks" that are bearable to watch. You might want to grab copies of them now, especially the older ones. Build a library of these for when they are older. In the middle of the school week when there isn't much time and it's hard to go do anything, grab one and make a giant bowl of popcorn.

htismaqe
I hear Tyler Swift is covering " Children of the Sea" .

OH DEAR GOD

ROFL

frankotank
02-01-2013, 01:42 PM
I took some illicit substances of the quite mind altering kind when I was a senior in high school and then ran into a girl that I was kind of fond of...

She asked me if I wanted to go to a concert and of course, in my state of mind, I thought that would be AWESOME.

I was completely oblivious to reality all the way up until the opening act came out on stage...

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4549586746082438&pid=15.1

It was at that point that the girl said "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you the concert was NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK."

still better than Pokemon.....

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 01:42 PM
I don't know how old all of your daughters are but here's a word of advice: Start making a list of "chick flicks" that are bearable to watch. You might want to grab copies of them now, especially the older ones. Build a library of these for when they are older. In the middle of the school week when there isn't much time and it's hard to go do anything, grab one and make a giant bowl of popcorn.

There's just some things I cannot do.

listopencil
02-01-2013, 01:43 PM

...and Pokemon is still a better love story than Twilight.

htismaqe

ROFL

The Franchise

That's my wife's job.

htismaqe

:Lin:

listopencil
02-01-2013, 01:44 PM
There's just some things I cannot do.

That's why you have to start now. It's going to take a while to find any that you can stomach.

frankotank

man....Twilight is truly a horrific steamy turd....but they will be playing that Pokemon movie over and over and over again in the deepest pits of hell! :evil:

Easy 6
She probably doesn't know how to ****.

I can picture her as a 2x4 on her back.

Yep, a big stiff who cant let herself go and get lost in the moment.

The Franchise
02-01-2013, 01:46 PM
That's why you have to start now. It's going to take a while to find any that you can stomach.

Luckily my girls are all young enough that they like the Disney Princess movies. I can handle watching those.

Fuck those Barbie movies though. Jesus Christ.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 01:48 PM

I told my wife "Knocked Up" or "Zack and Miri" is as far as I can go with chick flicks.

listopencil
02-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Luckily my girls are all young enough that they like the Disney Princess movies. I can handle watching those.

**** those Barbie movies though. Jesus Christ.

I have never had that particular misfortune.

listopencil
02-01-2013, 01:49 PM
I told my wife "Knocked Up" or "Zack and Miri" is as far as I can go with chick flicks.

You can go old school. We just watched Casablanca last week. It has a love story in it. It counts.

frankotank
02-01-2013, 01:50 PM

**** those Barbie movies though. Jesus Christ.

The Iron Giant

best kids movie ever

listopencil
02-01-2013, 01:50 PM
I remember telling her that Rambo should count because it's a love story. He loved his country.

listopencil
02-01-2013, 01:51 PM
The Iron Giant

best kids movie ever

Check out Spirited Away.

Easy 6
02-01-2013, 01:51 PM

LMAO

The Franchise
02-01-2013, 01:52 PM
I have never had that particular misfortune.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-PJ3lukIj4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Poz
I had to take my 2 year old daughter to her first concert, The Wiggles. We actually had a blast! We had good seats so I was able to take her up to the front (mosh pit) so she could dance with a handful of other kids. A bunch of kids and moms then me. One of the Wiggles actually gave me the thumbs up when he noticed I was the only dad up there.
I already bought her a mini drum kit and she plays along to Turbonegro. Hopefully there will be no Taylor Swift concerts in the near future.

Graystoke
Man I have been to some shitty concerts, all for my kids behalf.
Some were actually fun though.
And with age comes taste. Baby steps...Baby steps

listopencil
02-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Knocked Up counts, by the way.

listopencil
02-01-2013, 01:53 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-PJ3lukIj4I" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

No fucking way.

The Franchise
02-01-2013, 01:55 PM
No fucking way.

Yeah......feel fucking sorry for me.

listopencil
02-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Yeah......feel ****ing sorry for me.

I don't suppose that there is a lesbian scene in there? Barbie gets a strap on or something?

The Franchise
02-01-2013, 02:01 PM
I don't suppose that there is a lesbian scene in there? Barbie gets a strap on or something?

Not that I've found. I'll look for easter eggs tonight.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Knocked Up counts, by the way.

ROFL

I will NEVER watch that movie with my girls.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Luckily, my kids are big on the animated stuff - Incredibles, Shrek, Despicable Me, How to Train Your Dragon.

I not only can sit through most of those, some of them are actually good movies.

NewChief
02-01-2013, 02:07 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-PJ3lukIj4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haha. I ran into an old friend picking up pizza last Friday to take home to our family's. He was like, "What you up to tonight?"

Me: "Nothing, going home to hang with the kids, probably play some Skylanders, watch Clone Wars, fart on each other. You?"

Heavy sigh, "Not sure, but I imagine it will involve Barbie movies and Barbie dolls."

I'd never been so glad to have boys. ROFL

Molitoth
02-01-2013, 02:07 PM
My daughter loves Dora the Explorer.

(But she's two)

Molitoth
02-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Luckily, my kids are big on the animated stuff - Incredibles, Shrek, Despicable Me, How to Train Your Dragon.

I not only can sit through most of those, some of them are actually good movies.

Yeah, some of those movies are great and I'd be glad to watch them 1000 times.

Despicable Me is my fav.

The Franchise
02-01-2013, 02:09 PM
My daughter loves Dora the Explorer.

(But she's two)

My twin 2 year olds love Bubbleguppies and Doc McStuffins.

Molitoth
02-01-2013, 02:11 PM
My twin 2 year olds love Bubbleguppies and Doc McStuffins.

Oh yeah dude, Bubble, bubble, bubble, bubble, bubbleguppies.
Bubble, BUBBLE!, bubble, BUBBLE! BUBBLEGUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got her stuck on Spongebob now, because at least I can tolerate that show. Infact, it's pretty awesome, lol.

The Poz
02-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Daniel Tiger is the kid wants to watch these days. The damn PVR is just about full.

The Franchise
02-01-2013, 02:16 PM

I've got her stuck on Spongebob now, because at least I can tolerate that show. Infact, it's pretty awesome, lol.

Yeah....the kids will watch the hell out of Spongebob as well.

You should check out Gravity Falls if you haven't yet. I'll sit down and watch that with them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/juLEHLdS4r0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 02:19 PM

My kids loved Spongebob for a couple of years and then stopped.

Now they've started watching again after not watching an episode for over 2 years.

I will admit, sometimes they leave the TV on I watch it after they've gone to bed. ;)

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Yeah....the kids will watch the hell out of Spongebob as well.

You should check out Gravity Falls if you haven't yet. I'll sit down and watch that with them.

My kids aren't allowed to watch "Gravity Falls".

The Franchise
My kids aren't allowed to watch "Gravity Falls".

To scary?

Molitoth
Cool, I will start DVR'ing that show.

The Franchise
02-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Cool, I will start DVR'ing that show.

I'd test watch an episode first. They basically deal with stuff like monsters...etc. So some of the stuff might be on the scary side depending on your kids.

ZepSinger
02-01-2013, 02:25 PM
My youngest daughter wants to go SO bad. I'll do my best to get the $$$ together.

Molitoth
02-01-2013, 02:26 PM
I'd test watch an episode first. They basically deal with stuff like monsters...etc. So some of the stuff might be on the scary side depending on your kids.

OK good to know.

I think my daughter had some nightmares after watching Brave, Paranorman, and Hotel Transylvania.

Fish
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Phineas and Ferb. All fucking day....

Could be much worse, it's actually a pretty good kid's show.

Mike in SW-MO
02-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Few years back I took my daughter & her soccer friends to see the Disney heart throbs perform at state fair. Funny to watch 11 yo girls having screaming spastic convulsions.

By intermission I was shoving toilet paper in my ears. One of my girls was crying her eyes out cause her ears were hurting. Girl sitting behind her never ever ever quit screaming. We traded spots and I began the training course. Every time she started screaming, I stood up so she couldn't see. She would quitand I would sit down. She'd scream. I'd stand. After about 5 minutes we had an understanding.

Take ear plugs just in case.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 02:40 PM
To scary?

Too stupid, I think.

The one time my wife saw them watching it, it was mostly low-brow humor about butts and vomit.

I'm not really sure, I've never seen it and it is my wife's rule.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Phineas and Ferb. All fucking day....

Could be much worse, it's actually a pretty good kid's show.

Great show.

LiveSteam
02-01-2013, 02:42 PM

Wanna trade for 3 Justin Beiber tickets?

Deberg_1990
02-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Too stupid, I think.

The one time my wife saw them watching it, it was mostly low-brow humor about butts and vomit.

There are a few like that on Cartoon Network as well. I try and keep a pretty close eye on stuff they watch as well. My kids are starting to get into the Live action DIsney Channel shows like Jessie now. :facepalm:

ct
02-01-2013, 02:44 PM

THIS.

Nice job Dad!

The Franchise
02-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Too stupid, I think.

Yeah....it tends to be like that.

My daughter wanted to watch Adventure Time......and I won't let her.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 02:48 PM
There are a few like that on Cartoon Network as well. I try and keep a pretty close eye on stuff they watch as well. My kids are starting to get into the Live action DIsney Channel shows like Jessie now. :facepalm:

My kids aren't really allowed to watch Cartoon Network at all.

My wife caught me watching Space Ghost Coast to Coast once. LMAO

They watch Disney more than anything else (Nickelodeon is like A Clockwork Orange with commercials) but it's mostly "Austin and Ally" and "Good Luck Charlie". They hate "Jessie".

houstonwhodat
02-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Taylor Swift will end up a big fat bitch like her mom.

Her music sucks.

Deberg_1990
02-01-2013, 02:50 PM

Yea, Adventure Time was one i was trying to think of that we banned.

Molitoth
02-01-2013, 02:50 PM

My daughter just turned two. I doubt she understands anything that is going on in these shows, but enjoys the bright colors and goofy characters.

I hope I'm right anyway and not molding her into something I shouldn't be.

The Franchise
02-01-2013, 02:51 PM
My daughter just turned two. I doubt she understands anything that is going on in these shows, but enjoys the bright colors and goofy characters.

I hope I'm right anyway and not molding her into something I shouldn't be.

My daughters are two as well. They pay more attention when an animal shows up in one of the episodes. If they start acting like the kids on the show.....it's going off.

Deberg_1990
02-01-2013, 02:52 PM
The one i truly enjoy with my son is Aquabats on the HUB. Great show....sort of a throwback to live action Sat morning shows from the 70s and 80s.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2013, 03:06 PM

I LOVE Taylor Swift. Don't think she's super hot, and don't really like her music. I love her because she actually writes her own music, and walked away from the first label that signed her because she didn't like the direction they wanted her to go with her music. They wanted her to sing other people's music and stop writing. She's incredible in my book.

Mr. Laz
02-01-2013, 03:17 PM
you're wrapped around her little finger, get used to it.

much worst thing in life to be ...

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 03:24 PM
I LOVE Taylor Swift. Don't think she's super hot, and don't really like her music. I love her because she actually writes her own music, and walked away from the first label that signed her because she didn't like the direction they wanted her to go with her music. They wanted her to sing other people's music and stop writing. She's incredible in my book.

Now see, that's something I can respect despite that fact that her music doesn't appeal to me at all.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 03:25 PM
you're wrapped around her little finger, get used to it.

much worst thing in life to be ...

Yep. ;)

bevischief
02-01-2013, 04:21 PM
At least it's not the Back Street Boys...

Mosbonian
02-01-2013, 05:43 PM

This!

My daughter is 17 now...sometimes when we are just sitting and watching a TV program together or just sitting around talking, she loves to bring up what we did together when she was 8-10. And when I see the sparkle in her eyes talking about all the fun she had back then and how she loves me for how I went to all those "silly little girl things" it makes everything worth it. I once took my daughter to an American Girl store....stood with her as she pretty much looked at everything they sold for almost every doll they make.

Now....we talk about music (we share the same musical interests), baseball (Lord help her she is a Yank-me fan) and peruse Listverse together. And occasionally she will whisper...."Dad, you are such a dork"...and smile

Not to hijack this thread, but for those guys whose daughters are all grown and moved away....do you occasionally get out the old albums and look at the pictures just to smile at the memories?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Now see, that's something I can respect despite that fact that her music doesn't appeal to me at all.

Seriously. She's one of the few pop star/celebs out there right now I would trust my children to look up too. She's a whore, but she doesn't publicize it. She writes songs about them. ROFL

bevischief
02-01-2013, 05:49 PM
It could be Barney live...

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 05:54 PM
This!

My daughter is 17 now...sometimes when we are just sitting and watching a TV program together or just sitting around talking, she loves to bring up what we did together when she was 8-10. And when I see the sparkle in her eyes talking about all the fun she had back then and how she loves me for how I went to all those "silly little girl things" it makes everything worth it. I once took my daughter to an American Girl store....stood with her as she pretty much looked at everything they sold for almost every doll they make.

Now....we talk about music (we share the same musical interests), baseball (Lord help her she is a Yank-me fan) and peruse Listverse together. And occasionally she will whisper...."Dad, you are such a dork"...and smile

Not to hijack this thread, but for those guys whose daughters are all grown and moved away....do you occasionally get out the old albums and look at the pictures just to smile at the memories?

I've let my kids paint my toenails, braid my hair, I seriously just don't give a shit about stuff like that.

It's fun and they love it.

The Franchise
02-01-2013, 05:56 PM
I've let my kids paint my toenails, braid my hair, I seriously just don't give a shit about stuff like that.

Hippie.

Mosbonian
02-01-2013, 05:57 PM
It could be Barney live...

There were a couple of those I had to attend too...Barney in the early days. Plus all the Disney on Ice and Disney Characters shows.

Oh....and I had to deal with early Pokemon and Yugi-Oh cartoons and trading cards.

And Barbies....she had way too many. You know you're a Dad when you go to take your Team to lunch and the girls sitting in the back seat are chuckling at the Barbies in the back seat that your daughter left there when you dropped her off at the Pre-School.

RealSNR
02-01-2013, 06:01 PM
You can go old school. We just watched Casablanca last week. It has a love story in it. It counts.

The Princess Bride, dude.

Easy 6
02-01-2013, 06:03 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MfbjA0lmKes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC
02-01-2013, 06:03 PM
I just have to wonder why so many feel so sorry for this bitch? After 13 guys in 3 years, you might have to think that maybe it's not the "boy" that is the problem.

LMAO

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Hippie.

You know, I've been somewhat of a hippy my entire life and never had hair longer than about 2".

Maybe I'm having a mid-life crisis.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 06:05 PM
I just have to wonder why so many feel so sorry for this bitch? After 13 guys in 3 years, you might have to think that maybe it's not the "boy" that is the problem.

LMAO

Yeah, even my daughter says "man, could you imagine being her boyfriend. She'd get mad and write a song about it."

ROFL

Mosbonian
02-01-2013, 06:06 PM

See that's the kind of thing that makes you the best Dad...never let your ego get the best of you. And when they get older and start looking for the man they want to eventually marry, they tell you they want someone who is just like you...someone who loves their mom, plays silly games and doesn't care what others think.

I once skipped down the hall of Metro North with my daughter just because she asked me to. I figured I would catch all kinds of catcalls....as I was standing in front of the Disney Store that was there at the time, this big guy standing next to me leaned over and said...."I saw you earlier skipping with your daughter...I could never do that". I actually felt bad for the guy...

BlackHelicopters
02-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Well, always love your children. Tolerate the obsessions, especially if it involves teen female pop idols.

KevB
02-01-2013, 06:08 PM
I am taking my 8 year old daughter to a father daughter dance tonight. It is all about making memories, as they will grow up in the blink of an eye. I also have a 13 year old daughter, and she really flipped the switch this year from my little girl to a full blown teenager. Still a great kid, but a tangible change.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 06:09 PM
See that's the kind of thing that makes you the best Dad...never let your ego get the best of you. And when they get older and start looking for the man they want to eventually marry, they tell you they want someone who is just like you...someone who loves their mom, plays silly games and doesn't care what others think.

I once skipped down the hall of Metro North with my daughter just because she asked me to. I figured I would catch all kinds of catcalls....as I was standing in front of the Disney Store that was there at the time, this big guy standing next to me leaned over and said...."I saw you earlier skipping with your daughter...I could never do that". I actually felt bad for the guy...

My daughter and I do that kind of stuff in Target and Wal Mart all the time. Oh the looks we get.

That's about the time I look around beside and behind me confused and then my daughter says, so that all the gawkers can hear her, "who farted?" :D

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 06:10 PM
I am taking my 8 year old daughter to a father daughter dance tonight. It is all about making memories, as they will grow up in the blink of an eye. I also have a 13 year old daughter, and she really flipped the switch this year from my little girl to a full blown teenager. Still a great kid, but a tangible change.

Yeah, our father/daughter dance is the end of February.

Red Dawg
02-01-2013, 06:10 PM

I love both of them in my dreams but they are whores.

Mosbonian
02-01-2013, 06:21 PM
My daughter and I do that kind of stuff in Target and Wal Mart all the time. Oh the looks we get.

That's about the time I look around beside and behind me confused and then my daughter says, so that all the gawkers can hear her, "who farted?" :D

LMAO....you da' man.

I sent you a PM...it's a link to a story I wrote to my daughter on her 16th birthday.

Mosbonian
02-01-2013, 06:26 PM

Ahhh...Father/Daughter dances. There's a memory they NEVER forget. The picture we took together that night when she was 9 and we went to our first Father/Daughter dance is still on her Bulletin Board. So many things have come and gone on that bulletin board but that picture has never moved from it's spot.

And yes....that first teen year will kill you. Not personally...but in your heart.

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 06:37 PM
LMAO....you da' man.

I sent you a PM...it's a link to a story I wrote to my daughter on her 16th birthday.

It was cool. You should let more people read it.

ImAWalkingCorpse
02-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I took my high school girlfriend to a god damn Kenny Chesney concert and my ****ing god I WISH it was T Swift.

Kenny Chesney was singing those love songs to you.. not your high school girlfriend.

SAUTO
02-01-2013, 06:54 PM
You know, I've been somewhat of a hippy my entire life and never had hair longer than about 2".

Maybe I'm having a mid-life crisis.
Dude I've always shaved clean since right out of high school.

One day I just didn't. My wife was pregnant and says she wasn't shaving there towards the end, lol, almost ten pounder I can say I blamed her. So I told her I wouldn't either. I still haven't, she has of course lol. She hates it
Its great
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
02-01-2013, 06:59 PM
I took my 9 year old daughter to work with me today. She blew insulation in an attic while I loaded the hopper. That was awesome. Plus, I paid her in "whatever you want at Hardees". She chose that over $10. I'm gonna have to teach her better.

Phobia
02-01-2013, 07:02 PM
This!

I was just marveling the other day that mine don't remember the big shit we did. Sure, their memory is jogged by the pictures of Disneyworld and other expensive vacations. They remember little crap like when their sleeping bags got soaked in a downpour while camping or jamming to ridiculous songs like Chumbawumba on the radio.

Molitoth
02-01-2013, 07:09 PM
I took my 9 year old daughter to work with me today. She blew insulation in an attic while I loaded the hopper. That was awesome. Plus, I paid her in "whatever you want at Hardees". She chose that over $10. I'm gonna have to teach her better.

Wet Cellulose?

htismaqe
02-01-2013, 07:21 PM
I was just marveling the other day that mine don't remember the big shit we did. Sure, their memory is jogged by the pictures of Disneyworld and other expensive vacations. They remember little crap like when their sleeping bags got soaked in a downpour while camping or jamming to ridiculous songs like Chumbawumba on the radio.

Yep. They remember the most minor, mundane details.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Take her to the concert and be happy and pretend you like it. She'll never forget it and you'll get a big hug for your efforts.

:thumb:

Phobia
02-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Wet Cellulose?
Nah - don't do enough insulation business to justify that setup but I wish I did. That's money there. This was just dry attic stuff. Easy. I just spread out the stuff she got too heavy and I did all the corners and edges myself.

Mosbonian
02-01-2013, 08:21 PM
It was cool. You should let more people read it.

Thanks....I appreciate it. My blog is actually pretty easy to find. Writing runs in the family. I have a brother who runs a Christian website and has written a couple of books. My younger brother is the more cerebral writer...has some deep stuff.

I'm just the casual writer/casual observer that likes to write down-home pieces.

Mosbonian
02-01-2013, 08:26 PM

Exactly....they talk about the big things when we do, but their best memories are dancing on their daddie's toes to their favorite song, being curled up on a cold winter night watching movies, their favorite night trick or treating when Dad dressed up with them and Father/Daughter dances.

Sometimes we have to take time to look at our child's life thru their eyes to fully comprehend how important we are to them. And rarely do we appreciate it on the level they do

Jiu Jitsu Jon
02-03-2013, 03:16 AM
Provoke your daughter to wrath.

This will ensure she becomes a lifelong Raiders fan.

She will also decide which home you end up in some day.

#sonofachiefsfan

displacedinMN
02-03-2013, 09:28 AM
I have two girls.

My 9 year old is the same way with TS. Looking at buying tickets, they will be a lot more than a game.

That is the price of being a parent. Go with it.

She will love you more. That is what matters.