PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Auto Insurance Quote Scam?

OnTheWarpath15
02-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Not sure what the angle would be here, but...

My wife has been getting calls this week from multiple auto insurance agencies claiming they are calling to talk about a quote that was requested.

We've made no requests.

I've talked to two different agents this morning, and apparently someone is requesting an auto insurance quote for a 1999 Chevy Venture using my wife's name, address and phone number, along with a fake e-mail address and a birthdate that isn't hers.

None of the agencies can do anything other than opt-out the e-mail address.

She uses a credit monitoring service, and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.

I'm trying to think of reasons why someone would request an insurance quote using someone else's name and address, but can't really come up with anything - and if I did, it would likely be part of a scam.

Any thoughts?

OnTheWarpath15
02-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Guess not.

BlackHelicopters
02-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Same thing happened to my wife. 4 different agents, local and the trashy ones that advertise on TV. Scary they have her name, our home address, phone number. They use a yahoo account. We called the police, and reported it online to FBI. Also alerted three major credit agencies to put holds on her accounts by anyone trying to acquire credit. Scary.

Demonpenz
02-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Stop using Amazon.com

bevischief
02-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Does she have any family or friends with poor credit or hate her? Or annoy her.