PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Eric Winston Does KCTV Weather Ad

gblowfish
02-03-2013, 11:43 AM
I was watching CBS, and KCTV ran a local weather promo with Eric Winston. Basically the weather guy falls down during the weather cast, hurts his knee, the other news people laugh at him. Winston calls it "sickening and disgusting" and storms out of the studio.

Pretty funny, actually.
Must be a special spot for the Super Bowl. Can't find it on line yet.

Crush
02-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Fuck Eric Winston

There is a gallon of antifreeze and cat AIDS with his name on it.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-03-2013, 11:59 AM
You can't swing around a concussed QB without hitting a Winston media spot.

mdchiefsfan
02-03-2013, 12:05 PM
PR move to endear Winston to the fans. I guess this is his attempt at an apology.

Bwana
02-03-2013, 12:08 PM
**** Eric Winston

This

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Unless it's video of him stepping on a punji stick or a land mine, I don't give a fuck.

RealSNR
02-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Glad to hear he has at least a tiny sense of humor to go along with his fat ugly vagina lips and his pea-sized brain

Hammock Parties
02-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Ya'll will love this.

Hammock Parties
02-03-2013, 12:13 PM
This is almost like they're making fun of Cassel so...props to all parties involved.

Honestly after watching this I don't see how they could possibly bring him back. If I was Matt I'd be PISSED. HAHAHAHA

BigMeatballDave
02-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Sickening

Hammock Parties
02-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Just stupendous.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/2/3/3947848/super-bowl-commercials-2013-eric-winston-chiefs-kctv5-weatherman-sickening-disgusting

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?embedCode=9vbHgxOTqqy3RVvnwfXAcp6u5uwifDDp&deepLinkEmbedCode=9vbHgxOTqqy3RVvnwfXAcp6u5uwifDDp"></script>

Titty Meat
02-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Fuck him

RealSNR
02-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Take some acting lessons, you fat fuck

Hammock Parties
02-03-2013, 12:27 PM
C'mon guys it was hilarious. They're making fun of Matt Cassel.

02-03-2013, 12:28 PM
That was pathetic. Not even close to funny and definitely not an apology.

Hammock Parties
Pioli would not have allowed this commercial.

tk13
That's pretty good. I don't understand why everyone hates this guy yet Barry Richardson slid by for three years.

Hammock Parties
02-03-2013, 12:30 PM
That's pretty good. I don't understand why everyone hates this guy yet Barry Richardson slid by for three years.

They hate him because he said something stupid and he gets beat every once inawhile, and that's all they remember about him.

02-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Had he not thrown the fanbase under the bus with his national tirade I wouldn't give two shits about him.

Bwana
02-03-2013, 12:32 PM

Because he threw the fan base under the bus? :shrug:

Bwana
02-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Had he not thrown the fanbase under the bus with his national tirade I wouldn't give two shits about him.

Heh

BigMeatballDave
02-03-2013, 12:41 PM

I stopped caring about that as soon as the media shut up about it.

threebag
02-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Thuck Airwick Winthun

gblowfish
02-03-2013, 12:45 PM
He's super.
Thanks for asking.

PaulAllen
02-03-2013, 12:45 PM
He blocked me from his Twitter, pussy

lcarus
02-03-2013, 12:46 PM
YOu all still pissed about his comments after a game? Jeez, let it go. After the crap we've had at RT for a long ass time, he's really not bad at all. Fuck what he said as long as he plays hard. So what he defended his QB, even if he sucked ass. Plus I mean...come on, there were some fans cheering. I was, and I wasn't even there.

02-03-2013, 12:46 PM

So had I until today.

ChiefsCountry
02-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Its kind of funny. Good to see the players back in the community again. Not to mention this is the official station of the Chiefs.

BlackHelicopters
02-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Perhaps Winston can be a better actor than he is as an offensive lineman.

GloryDayz
02-03-2013, 01:10 PM
I really don't find it funny on his part... He's trying to change the past by making light of it. He's a fucker and should move to a different city and seek a new start with a fan base that may not know the real Eric. He's a weak fuck who loves the spotlight, too bad he's not a QB, WR, LB or DB that usually gets that kind of press.

And the truth is, he had no idea who he was insulting when he did it. He came into a broken organization that couldn't play football! He came from a team that cared. He heard stories about how nice we were as people and how passionate we were as fans. He wasn't smart enough to realize that "WE" are Kansas City, NOT HIM. He'll move back to Texas when this is all done. I guess he thought the people of KC, and the fans of the Chiefs, were just blind fools who would support anything in Chiefs red. Sorry, we did that long enough. And while we hated cASSHOLE for his poor play and shitting himself, VERY few would cheer an injury. And most of them who would would only do it after YEARS and YEARS of club futility!

So to speak his mind before he got to know us good mid-western people was a crime. And i don't find this funny and I want him gone, no matter if he's a good player or not.

Fuck him, and the commercial is stupid! Just like his fat lips!

Rasputin
02-03-2013, 01:21 PM
It should have been a Josh.o web redemption & Josh would have made it funny & more witty. This gets a D+ & C+ for effort.

RealSNR
02-03-2013, 01:26 PM
YOu all still pissed about his comments after a game? Jeez, let it go. After the crap we've had at RT for a long ass time, he's really not bad at all. Fuck what he said as long as he plays hard. So what he defended his QB, even if he sucked ass. Plus I mean...come on, there were some fans cheering. I was, and I wasn't even there.

Dude never apologized to us. Had he even made a fakey insincere one, I would have moved on.

Chris Meck
02-03-2013, 01:26 PM
You guys need to get a grip. Those of you that are hating on the guy have obviously never really been part of a team or a platoon, have you? I sure wouldn't have wanted you in my foxhole.

You go to bat for your teammates no matter what. You stand up for your brothers. That's all the guy was doing, and in the heat of the moment his perception was maybe a tad skewed.

No, the entire stadium was not cheering Cassel's injury. Some most certainly were. That is a sad statement of just how bad things had to get before we, as fans, got change.

Get the sand out of your vag and get on with your life. Winston's an above average RT and is not in any way a problem. I LIKE that he stood up for his QB-yes, even if it was Mediocre Matt. It shows that he's a good teammate. I haven't seen the ad, but I think the concept is really quite funny and is a step towards healing the rift that developed between city and team. You have to remember- it's not like these guys weren't trying. It's not like they didn't care. Their coaches were overmatched and their QB was shit. It's not just a job, it's their life and I'm sure it hurts them to lose more than it hurts the fans-and I'm sure when the fans turn on them that hurts, too.

It is a positive sign that even in the depths of the worst season in franchise history, with the worst coaching and worst QB play-that these guys were still trying to play for each other. That makes the hill Reid has to climb a lot easier as you don't have to clean house, you just need to build on it.

Smed1065
02-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Bunch of sand in this thread.

Coach
02-03-2013, 02:00 PM
That was pathetic. Not even close to funny and definitely not an apology.

This.

Winston can get lost for all I care.

ClevelandBronco
02-03-2013, 02:05 PM
I heard an interview with Winston on Denver radio last week. It was my first exposure to the man. He sounded intelligent and funny.

GloryDayz
02-03-2013, 02:13 PM
I heard an interview with Winston on Denver radio last week. It was my first exposure to the man. He sounded intelligent and funny.

Yeah, PR campaign in full "repair image" mode... Actually, there's a good question in your post... He doesn't give many interviews in his own city, why's he giving them out in our biggest rival's? Hey, here's an idea, y'all take his dumb ass...

ClevelandBronco
02-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Yeah, PR campaign in full "repair image" mode... Actually, there's a good question in your post... He doesn't give many interviews in his own city, why's he giving them out in our biggest rival's? Hey, here's an idea, y'all take his dumb ass...

I'll take him on the radio, but there aren't many Chiefs players that I'd want to see in a Broncos uniform. JC for the two seasons he has left. That's about it. Berry perhaps.

BigMeatballDave
02-03-2013, 02:26 PM
I'll take him on the radio, but there aren't many Chiefs players that I'd want to see in a Broncos uniform. JC for the two seasons he has left. That's about it. Berry perhaps.

LOL Okay. He just turned 26.

He has at least 4 very good seasons left.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-03-2013, 02:29 PM

Sensitivity training on page 3!

kysirsoze
02-03-2013, 02:34 PM

Except any time the Chiefs fanbase gets national attention for the next ten years (which won't be often) his heroic tirade will come up.

Not only is this NOT an apology, it's him getting yet more attention for what he said. Still, I'm more offended by how unfunny this spot is.

-King-
02-03-2013, 02:37 PM

The butthurt is hilarious. I was there. There was cheering. Him saying something about it didn't surprise me. As a player, to hear people cheering for an injury has to feel terrible.

But oh well. He doesn't have to apologize for what he said. Just keep playing like a top 10 RT and I'll be happy.

-King-
02-03-2013, 02:38 PM

ROFLROFL Quick, what Chiefs players have given a lot of interviews the past 4 years?

BTW, he called into 610 a week or so before Branden Albert did.

BigMeatballDave
02-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Except any time the Chiefs fanbase gets national attention for the next ten years (which won't be often) his heroic tirade will come up.

Not only is this NOT an apology, it's him getting yet more attention for what he said. Still, I'm more offended by how unfunny this spot is.

I don't think this could be any further from the truth.

kysirsoze
02-03-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't think this could be any further from the truth.

I hope you're right. I just know how the media likes to put stories into "context". They love being able to reference something as "brave" and "inspiring" as Winston standing up for the poor, abused players.

BigMeatballDave
02-03-2013, 03:07 PM
I hope you're right. I just know how the media likes to put stories into "context". They love being able to reference something as "brave" and "inspiring" as Winston standing up for the poor, abused players.

If the Chiefs have a great season this year, you may hear about it, but not in a negative way.

Molitoth
02-03-2013, 03:09 PM
I really didn't think it was funny at all.

brorth
02-03-2013, 03:16 PM
You guys need to get a grip. Those of you that are hating on the guy have obviously never really been part of a team or a platoon, have you? I sure wouldn't have wanted you in my foxhole.

You go to bat for your teammates no matter what. You stand up for your brothers. That's all the guy was doing, and in the heat of the moment his perception was maybe a tad skewed.

No, the entire stadium was not cheering Cassel's injury. Some most certainly were. That is a sad statement of just how bad things had to get before we, as fans, got change.

Get the sand out of your vag and get on with your life. Winston's an above average RT and is not in any way a problem. I LIKE that he stood up for his QB-yes, even if it was Mediocre Matt. It shows that he's a good teammate. I haven't seen the ad, but I think the concept is really quite funny and is a step towards healing the rift that developed between city and team. You have to remember- it's not like these guys weren't trying. It's not like they didn't care. Their coaches were overmatched and their QB was shit. It's not just a job, it's their life and I'm sure it hurts them to lose more than it hurts the fans-and I'm sure when the fans turn on them that hurts, too.

It is a positive sign that even in the depths of the worst season in franchise history, with the worst coaching and worst QB play-that these guys were still trying to play for each other. That makes the hill Reid has to climb a lot easier as you don't have to clean house, you just need to build on it.

With all due respect, fuck off.
I can decide who I like and don't like as players.
If you like him great, I think he's a big fat fake pussy.
I hope the fuck gets cut outright.

If you know what you're talking about, you should realize the value of your platoon keeping their fucking mouths shut.
Loud noises draw fire to your foxhole, right?
Keep your voice low and your head lower.

MMXcalibur
02-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Bunch of whiny bitches in this thread. I didn't think it was funny, but at least the dude's trying.

TribalElder
02-03-2013, 03:20 PM
It might run during the game?

BigMeatballDave
02-03-2013, 03:30 PM
With all due respect, fuck off.
I can decide who I like and don't like as players.
If you like him great, I think he's a big fat fake pussy.
I hope the fuck gets cut outright.

If you know what you're talking about, you should realize the value of your platoon keeping their fucking mouths shut.
Loud noises draw fire to your foxhole, right?
Keep your voice low and your head lower.

Cut him?

Dumb.

unlurking
02-03-2013, 03:46 PM
That was pretty lame.

Easy 6
02-03-2013, 03:48 PM
PR move to endear Winston to the fans. I guess this is his attempt at an apology.

Exactly.

I'll give the idea an A for originality, but he's not off the hook yet.

Schottenheimer
02-03-2013, 03:52 PM
I still don't like him for how he handled the Cassel situation

Agent V
02-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Jesus Christ, guys.

keg in kc
02-03-2013, 05:24 PM
That looked like it was done by a high school a/v club.

-King-
02-03-2013, 06:42 PM
The acting was fucking horrible.

PaulAllen
02-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Remember how everybody thought the entire Kansas City fan base was a bunch of classless assholes?

Good times...thanks Eric

BigMeatballDave
02-03-2013, 08:01 PM
The acting was fucking horrible.

:LOL:

Were you expecting an Oscar-worthy performance?

PriestMVP31
02-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Good God, you guys need to learn how to move on.

Sannyasi
02-03-2013, 09:00 PM
That ad could have been funny but it was very poorly executed. Still, I don't get why everyone gets so self-righteous about Winston. No one shits on the Chiefs fanbase more than the people on this site.

Shogun
02-03-2013, 10:12 PM
tons of butthurt itt

Imon Yourside
02-03-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm over the Winston thing.

silver5liter
02-03-2013, 10:22 PM
The commercial wasn't very funny. kinda sounded gay in it. Jussayin

-King-
02-03-2013, 10:23 PM
That ad could have been funny but it was very poorly executed. Still, I don't get why everyone gets so self-righteous about Winston. No one shits on the Chiefs fanbase more than the people on this site.

Lol ironic isn't it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
02-03-2013, 10:43 PM
I want Eric Winston to look into a camera and say "I am wrong...I was a dumb human being and frankly my mom should have stuffed me in a trashcan after birth...but because she was passed out drunk at the time she gave birth to me in that brothel...I was able to live. By the grace of God I was raised by other whores who where able to stop sucking dick for 5 seconds to feed me so I grew up to be a strong boy. Other than being kicked in the head by a Mule at 16 I have lived a charmed life. Once I got to the nfl I forgot what it was like to work for a living. So now I owe you fans of Kansas City a apology. For my sins I will now donate all my money to the Wendall Anchutz awareness fund. Thank you for your time.

Chiefaholic
02-03-2013, 10:48 PM
If my memory is correct, didn't the O-Line of Roaf /Alt, Shields, Grunny, Szott, and Siglar / Tait have a pact that they didn't talk to the media? Perhaps Reid will instill the old pact and tell players to keep their mouths shut involving PC crap like Winston spewed. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to require a public apology as well.

Saccopoo
02-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Exactly.

I'll give the idea an A for originality, but he's not off the hook yet.

For what? Standing up for his QB? The guy he gets paid to protect?

I'll take this guy all day long when we get Geno.

He kicks the shit out of the trash we've been parading out there at right tackle since Tait left.

I'd much rather have a guy who is willing to go to bat for his QB no matter how shitty he is versus a guy that doesn't give a flying rat's fart or a guy who just plain sucks.

suzzer99
02-04-2013, 04:01 AM
Do you idiots want to go back to Richardson?

bevischief
02-04-2013, 07:40 AM
kick him in the nutts.

suds79
02-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Good God, you guys need to learn how to move on.

This.

Move on. The guy says something stupid defending his teammate. Oh the horror. Let it go.

As long as he produces on the field, that's all I'm concerned with.

RealSNR
02-04-2013, 08:15 AM
For what? Standing up for his QB? The guy he gets paid to protect?

I'll take this guy all day long when we get Geno.

He kicks the shit out of the trash we've been parading out there at right tackle since Tait left.

I'd much rather have a guy who is willing to go to bat for his QB no matter how shitty he is versus a guy that doesn't give a flying rat's fart or a guy who just plain sucks.

Eric Winston took a huge shit on Geno Smith specifically in the 810 interview the very same day they had Geno on.

Winston wants to protect for shitty QBs. Schaub and Cassel. It's what he lives to do.

Fuck him.

Rausch
02-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Let it go.

That's not what we do.

I'm sitting here right now tugging one out to a gif of a pissed off Jim after the SB for what happened in 95...

BigRedChief
02-04-2013, 08:23 AM
I was watching CBS, and KCTV ran a local weather promo with Eric Winston. Basically the weather guy falls down during the weather cast, hurts his knee, the other news people laugh at him. Winston calls it "sickening and disgusting" and storms out of the studio.

Pretty funny, actually.
Must be a special spot for the Super Bowl. Can't find it on line yet.I don't care how much PR work he does I won't be a fan of his..........he backed cassel, he took a shit on fans and never was really sorry, took a shit on Geno.....he's dead to me.:harumph:

-King-
02-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Eric Winston took a huge shit on Geno Smith specifically in the 810 interview the very same day they had Geno on.

Winston wants to protect for shitty QBs. Schaub and Cassel. It's what he lives to do.

Fuck him.

What?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
02-04-2013, 08:28 AM
.....he backed cassel, he took a shit on fans

This.

Fuck him.

He's a dominating bruiser as a run blocker but a liability in the passing game...

BigRedChief
02-04-2013, 08:31 AM
This.

Move on. The guy says something stupid defending his teammate. Oh the horror. Let it go.

As long as he produces on the field, that's all I'm concerned with.As long as he produces, he can stay. Football players are not expected to be saints. I just won't be a fan of him.

-King-
02-04-2013, 08:31 AM
This.

Fuck him.

He's a dominating bruiser as a run blocker but a liability in the passing game...
No...he's not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
02-04-2013, 08:32 AM
No...he's not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not what?

-King-
02-04-2013, 08:33 AM
I don't care how much PR work he does I won't be a fan of his..........he backed cassel, he took a shit on fans and never was really sorry, took a shit on Geno.....he's dead to me.:harumph:

How did he take a shit on Geno?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Not what?

Hes not a liability in pass blocking.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
02-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, he is...

mr. tegu
02-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Nice to see the players can be a part of the community more. Even if it is Winston. He probably realizes his reaction was over the top. This is his attempt at a reconciliation. Making light of the situation and himself to an extent, is a good way to laugh it off, despite how poorly the thing looked.

All of you demanding an apology, would you? Most people can't even apologize on a message board for being idiots. Of course if people here apologized we would need an official apology thread because there are a lot of stupid posts.

RealSNR
02-04-2013, 08:43 AM
What?
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you hear the 810 interview?

Rausch
02-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, he was.

I understand that we had total $#it under center this year but he has slow feet and he can't, at all, keep up with speed rushers...

Rausch
02-04-2013, 08:48 AM

I didn't either but I know he's still a splashing turd...

BigRedChief
02-04-2013, 08:52 AM
All of you demanding an apology, would you? of course. If you offend a client, you apologize if you care about keeping that client.

Just business 101. You screw up, you apologize.

mdchiefsfan
02-04-2013, 08:52 AM

Please elaborate.

Edit: Listening now

http://www.810whb.com/page.php?page_id=140#

Carlota69
02-04-2013, 09:16 AM
The Anchor, Dave Hall, is a friend of mine. He's from Vegas. He's also a former softball team member. Totally cool dude. He's a rocker too. Good guy. Video made miss him.

Rausch
02-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Please elaborate.

Edit: Listening now

http://www.810whb.com/page.php?page_id=140#

Which one? I have a limited window here...

mdchiefsfan
02-04-2013, 09:22 AM

eric winston

mdchiefsfan
02-04-2013, 09:23 AM

see if this link works:
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=26&c=373&f=1039611

Rausch
02-04-2013, 09:24 AM
see if this link works:
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=26&c=373&f=1039611

I 'perciate it...

-King-
02-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Yes, he was.

I understand that we had total $#it under center this year but he has slow feet and he can't, at all, keep up with speed rushers...

He was top 5 in sacks given up for RTs. He only gave up 6 sacks compared to 11 for Oher, 7.5 for Andre Smith, 5 for Bulaga, and 4.25 for Clabo. He's a top 5 right tackle both run blocking and pass blocking.

lcarus
02-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Dude never apologized to us. Had he even made a fakey insincere one, I would have moved on.

He probably has come to CP before, and realizes we're all a bunch of assholes lol.

Graystoke
02-04-2013, 09:54 AM
I would like to make fun of Winston, but he looks like he has Downs Syndrome.
And that just wouldn't be politically correct.

Rausch
02-04-2013, 09:57 AM
He only gave up 6 sacks compared to 11 for Oher, 7.5 for Andre Smith, 5 for Bulaga, and 4.25 for Clabo.

Once we benched Matty Lice WE DIDN'T ****ING THROW THE FOOTBALL.

IF YOU DON'T THROW YOU CAN'T GIVE UP A PRESSURE OR SACK...

-King-
02-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Once we benched Matty Lice WE DIDN'T ****ING THROW THE FOOTBALL.

IF YOU DON'T THROW YOU CAN'T GIVE UP A PRESSURE OR SACK...

You realize that you just contradicted yourself right? So he didn't give up pressures/sacks, yet he is a liability in pass coverage? If we didn't throw the ball and he didn't give up any pressures or sacks, how do you know he was a liability in pass blocking?

And what about his previous years with the Texans? They threw the ball a lot.