PDA

View Full Version : Football Way too many ebonic speaking idiots on ESPN

Richard_Cuckold
02-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Seriously, what the hell has happened to this network?? I was just watching a sports debate show on ESPN2 and they had three guys talking over each other using slang and basically being idiots. One of them was Jalen Rose (who has been arrested multiple times I believe)

This network is just a disgrace with the amount of idiots they hire. Don't even get me started on Stephen A Bitch. How that guy got a journalism degree is beyond me.

Silock
02-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Between this and the Muslim thread from you, I have to ask if you're a member of a white supremacist group.

Saul Good
02-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Naggers

the Talking Can
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
we don't need a poll, just nuke this from space please and let's pretend it never happened.....

Richard_Cuckold
Between this and the Muslim thread from you, I have to ask if you're a member of a white supremacist group.

Huh? I didnt say anything remotely racist.

I'm concerned where ESPN has headed as a network. I miss the days of Dan Patrick where it was more formal and the anchors and commentators actually spoke ENGLISH!

Now we have some of the anchors and commentators using slang and basically talking like uneducated buffoons.

Dante84
Quit making Boardwalk Empire look bad.

Just quit.

GloryDayz
02-04-2013, 01:43 PM
LOL, around 150 posts into your CP career you've established yourself a hater. Not that listening to them is fun or enlightening, most of us move over to "How It's Made," the Food network, or the NASA channel until they're gone.

The Franchise
02-04-2013, 01:43 PM
http://cdn.chud.com/8/8c/8c6ddd8f_this-is-gonna-be-good.gif

GloryDayz
02-04-2013, 01:44 PM
http://cdn.chud.com/8/8c/8c6ddd8f_this-is-gonna-be-good.gif

ROFL Rep!

memyselfI
02-04-2013, 01:44 PM
It's going the MTV route.

Graystoke
02-04-2013, 01:45 PM

I'm concerned where ESPN has headed as a network. I miss the days of Dan Patrick where it was more formal and the anchors and commentators actually spoke ENGLISH!

Now we have some of the anchors and commentators using slang and basically talking like uneducated buffoons.

= I miss White Guys doing the Sports Commentary

houstonwhodat
02-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Naggers

ROFL :clap: LMAO :LOL: :p

saphojunkie
02-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Seriously, what the hell has happened to this network?? I was just watching a sports debate show on ESPN2 and they had three guys talking over each other using slang and basically being idiots. One of them was Jalen Rose (who has been arrested multiple times I believe)

This network is just a disgrace with the amount of idiots they hire. Don't even get me started on Stephen A Bitch. How that guy got a journalism degree is beyond me.

Joined a year ago and 160 posts. You are so obviously using a mult so that people won't peg you for when you want to say racist shit.

FYAD.

CoMoChief
02-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Naggers

god that was funny

CoMoChief
02-04-2013, 02:07 PM
I deal w/ a lot of these people on a daily basis on the phone. I talke to a lot of people from Louisiana....and I've had to go down to NOLA for a few job related things....that place is such a shit hole.

On the phone many times I can't even understand 2 words that come out of their mouths. Think of that coach who wears the overalls on the Adam Sandler movie Waterboy, but in a black tone w/ slang etc. I have to ask them to repeat it 3-4 times in some cases. There are times where 30-40 yr olds can't even read letters we send to them, so they get their children 10yrs old or so on the phone and they read it to me. I mean it's unbelievable. They are so dumbed down and domesticated down there it's really sad.

Oxford
02-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Naggers

Talking about someones wife......:shake:

gblowfish
02-04-2013, 02:09 PM
A round table discussion of Shannon Sharpe, Michael Irvin and Warren Sapp can be pretty scary.

candyman
02-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Change the channel. Problem solved.

ptlyon
02-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Does anybody here speak jive?

loochy
02-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Talking about someones wife......:shake:

i like my women like i like my coffee....

Crush
02-04-2013, 02:13 PM
A round table discussion of Shannon Sharpe, Michael Irvin and Warren Sapp can be pretty scary.

Add Skip Bayless as moderator and you will find yourself in a lost circle of Hell.

*shudder*

Graystoke
02-04-2013, 02:14 PM

Creamed?
Ground up and in your Freezer?
In a Plastic Cup?

gblowfish
02-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Add Skip Bayless as moderator and you will find yourself in a lost circle of Hell.

*shudder*

Let's add Neil Smith, Mr. Neilbonics himself!

Skyy God
02-04-2013, 02:16 PM

But you're cool with listening to Marv Albert call games, right? The same Marv Albert that plead guilty to biting and (allegedly) sodomizing a woman.

What's the difference between him and Jalen Rose, other than mastery of the queen's English? Hmmmmm.

houstonwhodat
02-04-2013, 02:16 PM

*shudder*

Throw in Lou Holtz to keep everyone hydrated.

"say it don't spray it"

houstonwhodat
02-04-2013, 02:17 PM
It all started with OJ Simpson.

He was the original Shannon Sharpe.

RealSNR
02-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Jalen Rose and Stephen A. Smith are actually pretty good on TV.

I think the problem is you.

Skyy God
02-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Oh, and obligatory Wonder Showzen racist gif.....

RealSNR
02-04-2013, 02:20 PM
"How am I being racist? I didn't say I hated black people or anything!"

That's my favorite ^

ptlyon
02-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Ebonic Speaking People Network

FlaChief58
02-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Barbara does

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/190iqepL-G4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

loochy
02-04-2013, 03:02 PM
hooka dooka doo shooka dooka doo doo

RealSNR
02-04-2013, 03:07 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hdG0exl3MCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hawkchief
02-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Their god is Ray Lewis. WTF is the world coming to?

MahiMike
02-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Yeah, remember the days when announcers actually went to college to study English, diction and ethics in communications degrees? Now they don't care if you can string a coherent sentence together as long as you have game experience.

Death to professionalism.

loochy
02-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah, remember the days when announcers actually went to college to study English, diction and ethics in communications degrees? Now they don't care if you can string a coherent sentence together as long as you have game experience.

Death to professionalism.

You want a higher standard? THEN YOU SIR ARE A RACIST

Richard_Cuckold
02-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Look I dont hate all of these ebonic speaking commentators. I'm actually kinda impressed with Keshawn Johnson's commentary. He actually doesnt come across as a punk anymore.

I'm hearing rumors that Ray Lewis may join the ESPN staff. Lord have mercy.

houstonwhodat
02-04-2013, 03:30 PM

Ray Lewis will fit in perfect.

houstonwhodat
02-04-2013, 03:31 PM

:clap: ROFL LMAO :LOL: :p

blaise
02-04-2013, 03:38 PM
There's just too many idiots on there in general. ESPN is just too much contrived BS arguments.
And it does annoy me in general the amount of people on sports TV that don't speak clearly. Watching Terry Bradshaw, Dan Marino, and Sharpe do the highlights at halftime is painful.
It's like, "Flacco with the pass.....running, over there....no wait, Ray Rice...touchdown." Meanwhile you just watched a clip of Torrey Smith scoring.

Chief Faithful
02-04-2013, 03:40 PM
I get tired of expert analysis from idiots that are just repeating rumors and other talking heads who haven't actually talked to anyone in the know instead find their inside scoop from blogs, facebook and twitter. Black, White, Ebonics, Male or Female they are all morons that leave me yelling at the TV.

Chris Meck
02-04-2013, 03:45 PM
They are so dumbed down and domesticated down there it's really sad.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Do you not understand what the word DOMESTICATED means?

loochy
02-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Creamed?
Ground up and in your Freezer?
In a Plastic Cup?

STRONG AND BLACK

or sweet and creamy?

loochy
02-04-2013, 03:49 PM
I deal w/ a lot of these people on a daily basis on the phone. I talke to a lot of people from Louisiana....and I've had to go down to NOLA for a few job related things....that place is such a shit hole.

On the phone many times I can't even understand 2 words that come out of their mouths. Think of that coach who wears the overalls on the Adam Sandler movie Waterboy, but in a black tone w/ slang etc. I have to ask them to repeat it 3-4 times in some cases. There are times where 30-40 yr olds can't even read letters we send to them, so they get their children 10yrs old or so on the phone and they read it to me. I mean it's unbelievable. They are so dumbed down and domesticated down there it's really sad.

There are a lot of ESPN announcers in Louisiana that you deal with on a daily basis?

Beef Supreme
02-04-2013, 03:50 PM

Bitter?

Chief Faithful
02-04-2013, 03:51 PM
There's just too many idiots on there in general. ESPN is just too much contrived BS arguments.
And it does annoy me in general the amount of people on sports TV that don't speak clearly. Watching Terry Bradshaw, Dan Marino, and Sharpe do the highlights at halftime is painful.
It's like, "Flacco with the pass.....running, over there....no wait, Ray Rice...touchdown." Meanwhile you just watched a clip of Torrey Smith scoring.

The empty contrived arguments are the most annoying especially those shows where they compete on who can make the most idiotic points. The shows I appreciate are when players break down game film and really help the viewer understand what different teams are trying to accomplish in their game plan.

Saul Good
02-04-2013, 03:53 PM
STRONG AND BLACK

or sweet and creamy?

I like my women like I like my whiskey.

Twelve years old and mixed up in coke.

loochy
02-04-2013, 03:54 PM
I like my women like I like my chicken

with a little bit of fat on the end

not too fat and not too skinny

just enough to make me grin

WhiteWhale
02-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Create a drinking game.

Every time someone incorrectly conjugates a verb, you can take a shot.

"Look at Jamaal as he take it too the house!" *shot*

"OHHH, He got clownin!" *shot*

You'll be dead within an hour.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-04-2013, 05:25 PM
I don't like to miss out on a good dogpile, but the network is total trash.

Titty Meat
02-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Ay was good wit dis thread doe?

HolyHat
02-04-2013, 05:32 PM
I don't like to miss out on a good dogpile, but the network is total trash.

Agreed, ESPN is pathetic. All da good peoples is leavin that joint yo

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-04-2013, 05:48 PM
At first I was like "This thread is hella racist " then I was like...meehhh...dont care.

BlackHelicopters
02-04-2013, 05:59 PM
My Hairy Aunt.

houstonwhodat
02-04-2013, 06:01 PM
They need more honkies on that network.

Richard_Cuckold
02-04-2013, 06:15 PM
I will give them credit for dumping that guy that called RG3 a "cornball brotha". Highly inappropiate.

listopencil
02-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Way too many crackers up in this bitch.

listopencil
02-04-2013, 06:24 PM
"OHHH, He got clownin!"

Is that a real thing? I mean, do people really say that?

-King-
02-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Yeah what happened to the insights and wisdom provided by Chris Berman?
Posted via Mobile Device

okcchief
02-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Jalen Rose has some really accurate truthful takes on the NBA. Maybe you should look past the slang and listen to the message

okcchief
02-04-2013, 07:12 PM
I hated Jalen Rose when he played in the NBA by the way. He's one of my favorite analysts though. I guess the "ebonics" doesn't bother me as long as they know what they are talking about. On the other hand they can't get Magic off my TV fast enough. Loved watching him play, but his takes are border line retarded.

blaise
02-04-2013, 07:17 PM
I hated Jalen Rose when he played in the NBA by the way. He's one of my favorite analysts though. I guess the "ebonics" doesn't bother me as long as they know what they are talking about. On the other hand they can't get Magic off my TV fast enough. Loved watching him play, but his takes are border line retarded.

Yeah, Magic is terrible on TV.

GloryDayz
02-04-2013, 07:47 PM

Yup.... That's why God invented the Science Channel...

movinbones
02-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Does anybody here speak jive?

Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!

Chiefs Pantalones
02-04-2013, 08:11 PM
I will give them credit for dumping that guy that called RG3 a "cornball brotha". Highly inappropiate.

Didn't Stephen A. Smith say the N word and not get disciplined, IIRC?

Chiefs Pantalones
02-04-2013, 08:19 PM
It's not just the former pro players pretending to be journalists/experts, it's the guys that actually went to college and got their degrees too.

LMAO This sounds bad, but it's worse when the two night anchors on SportsCenter (the ones of color lol, I can't think of their names at the moment) are anchoring together. When it's the white one and the black one it's a "smoother" broadcast, to go along with the thread topic. But when the two black anchors are on together it is unwatchable as they are ebonicing and slanging it up the whole sportscast. It's like a locker room, no joke. They probably drink on the commercial breaks they have so much fun together. I'm not just talking about the fact that you can't understand what they're saying, but they mess around way too much and mess up the broadcast because of their mistakes.

I think they feel more comfortable with each other that's why when they're anchoring together they act a fool, and when they're with a white guy they're a little more professional, but still crap as PGM said. ESPN has went down the drain.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Speaking of the "professional" Jalen Rose...

http://deadspin.com/5981580/jalen-rose-partied-in-bloomington-and-shared-his-thoughts-on-jordans-flu-game-reggie-millers-ex+wife-and-espns-drug-testing

Reaper16
02-04-2013, 08:23 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/homereat_zpsf900b326.gif

okcchief
02-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Stuart Scott annoys me, but it's not the Ebonics, he's just a repetitive idiot. I could say the same about Chris Berman though

okcchief
02-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Speaking of the "professional" Jalen Rose...

http://deadspin.com/5981580/jalen-rose-partied-in-bloomington-and-shared-his-thoughts-on-jordans-flu-game-reggie-millers-ex+wife-and-espns-drug-testing

Because second hand accounts on deadspin are always accurate, and never taken out of context.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Because second hand accounts on deadspin are always accurate, and never taken out of context.

Pictures can be taken out of context? Dude is out partying with kids that weren't born when he was in college after he just did the broadcast that night. If I'm his employer, he's fired.

KC_Connection
02-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Rose had a DUI about two years ago and ESPN didn't fire him because he's good at what he does. They're certainly not going to fire him over pictures of him partying.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Rose had a DUI about two years ago and ESPN didn't fire him because he's good at what he does. They're certainly not going to fire him over pictures of him partying.

Sad world.

houstonwhodat
02-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Stuart Scott annoys me, but it's not the Ebonics, he's just a repetitive idiot. I could say the same about Chris Berman though

Which eye do you look at???

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2013, 10:07 PM

You were the guy who made the sign for Bruce Willis to wear at the beginning of Die Hard with a Vengeance, aren't you?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2013, 10:11 PM
It's not just the former pro players pretending to be journalists/experts, it's the guys that actually went to college and got their degrees too.

LMAO This sounds bad, but it's worse when the two night anchors on SportsCenter (the ones of color lol, I can't think of their names at the moment) are anchoring together. When it's the white one and the black one it's a "smoother" broadcast, to go along with the thread topic. But when the two black anchors are on together it is unwatchable as they are ebonicing and slanging it up the whole sportscast. It's like a locker room, no joke. They probably drink on the commercial breaks they have so much fun together. I'm not just talking about the fact that you can't understand what they're saying, but they mess around way too much and mess up the broadcast because of their mistakes.

I think they feel more comfortable with each other that's why when they're anchoring together they act a fool, and when they're with a white guy they're a little more professional, but still crap as PGM said. ESPN has went down the drain.

Gotta have the white man in there to maintain order. Where have I heard that before?

RealSNR
02-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Charles Barkley talks funny, and everybody on the TNT set makes fun of how stupid he is, but he's fucking brilliant on TV

-King-
02-04-2013, 10:21 PM
We just need more Lou Holtz. That man has a very charming voice.

CoMoChief
02-04-2013, 10:27 PM
There are a lot of ESPN announcers in Louisiana that you deal with on a daily basis?

No....I'm just talking about the slang language in general....it's really annoying....and white people do it all the time thinking it's cool, when it's not. It makes you sound ignorant.

I really like Mike Wilbon. He's one of the very few that I can stand, and I don't even watch NBA all that much. Usually mostly from his PTI days.

Now Stephen A Smiff? There's not one thing about him that isn't annoying. He's loud, shouts and talks like a moron. Same goes w/ Stuart Scott. That guy is the biggest phoney I've ever see on TV. Now everyone in sports journalism wants to be Stuart Scott, and it's really annoying.

Al Bundy
02-04-2013, 10:30 PM

:clap:

listopencil
02-04-2013, 10:31 PM
I really like Mike Wilbon. He's one of the very few that I can stand...

One of the very few what that you can stand?

TimeForWasp
02-04-2013, 10:36 PM
What does your baby momma think?

Sorter
02-04-2013, 10:39 PM

*immediately strangles the first elderly person seen*

"This is because of Lou!!"

KC_Connection
02-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Sad world.
Can't say I care much about what kind of person Jalen Rose is. I still enjoy watching him more than most of the other idiots they bring on. He's got charisma and he knows what he's talking about in regard to basketball most of the time.

KC_Connection
02-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Charles Barkley talks funny, and everybody on the TNT set makes fun of how stupid he is, but he's ****ing brilliant on TV
TNT lets him speak his mind and it's the best sports talk show on TV because of that.

KcMizzou
02-04-2013, 11:26 PM
TNT lets him speak his mind and it's the best sports talk show on TV because of that.Yeah, Barkley's awesome. Totally unfiltered. I like the guy.

And he's not stupid.

KC_Connection
02-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Yeah, Barkley's awesome. Totally unfiltered. I like the guy.

And he's not stupid.
Not about basketball, anyway. He knows his shit in that area. He's surprisingly insightful about other more important things at times too.

Dave Lane
02-04-2013, 11:57 PM

I see how you got all that chiefs red.

nstygma
02-05-2013, 12:06 AM
oh man, this reminds me of this thread:

Pick Your Favorite Emmitt Smith Quote! (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188176)

19. "Eli Manning has been given the rice of passage."

LMAO

someone needs to update the list

ClevelandBronco
02-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Gotta have the white man in there to maintain order. Where have I heard that before?

You mean besides most NFL front offices?

Fairplay
02-05-2013, 01:20 AM
Here is an idea, a Jamaican on ESPN.

Boring white announcer~
The superbowl was really good, the blackout of the stadium well let's just say it blew my mind. The players on the field freaked out with the lights going out like that but they were cool about it and relaxed. You know we have that all the time in Jamaica.

Cool Jamaican dude speaking~
Di superbowl was really gud, Di blackoutta di staium will lets just seh blew mi mind. Di playas pon di field freaked out wid di lights going out lacka dat but they waz cool bout it an chilled. Yuh know wi ave dat all Di time enna Jamaica.

houstonwhodat
02-05-2013, 01:57 AM
oh man, this reminds me of this thread:

Pick Your Favorite Emmitt Smith Quote! (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188176)

19. "Eli Manning has been given the rice of passage."

LMAO

someone needs to update the list

This is radio gold righthea! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Emmitt Smith was trained by Thannon Tharpe.

houstonwhodat
02-05-2013, 02:01 AM
They run the 4.99 special at Popeye's in Houston every Tuesday.

That place is madhouse on that day.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8pyW6w5B7Aw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NJChiefsFan
02-05-2013, 03:31 AM
You were the guy who made the sign for Bruce Willis to wear at the beginning of Die Hard with a Vengeance, aren't you?

I always wonder how confused people must be who have only seen the cable version of that sign.

Charles Barkley talks funny, and everybody on the TNT set makes fun of how stupid he is, but he's ****ing brilliant on TV

I love Barkley. He really doesn't get enough credit for how good he is. I love it when he corrects people and says "we are not experts".

Dave Lane
02-05-2013, 08:01 AM
LOL, around 150 posts into your CP career you've established yourself a hater. Not that listening to them is fun or enlightening, most of us move over to "How It's Made," the Food network, or the NASA channel until they're gone.

Hard to believe but there might be an audience for programming other than what YOU like. Shocker I know.

Garcia Bronco
02-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Its hard to believe that men, that had been at major universities, cannot form complete sentences. Its why some athletes are not good role models for anyone despite their ability and work ethic. This is one of the first things I tell interns when I train them up. "You can have best ideas in the world. However, if you can't communicate those ideas, then you might as well not have one at all."

Rausch
02-05-2013, 09:18 AM
The only thing I care about is NFL news so I watch NFL network.

Why the fuck would I sit through a bunch of other BS just to finally get to the good stuff?...

ptlyon
02-05-2013, 09:44 AM
The only thing I care about is NFL news so I watch NFL network.

Why the **** would I sit through a bunch of other BS just to finally get to the good stuff?...

That pisses me off too!

I never make it through the previews watching porn!!!

Fairplay
02-05-2013, 10:02 AM
They run the 4.99 special at Popeye's in Houston every Tuesday.

That place is madhouse on that day.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8pyW6w5B7Aw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is how the drive-bys and gang violence gets started. The gas thrown on the fire, and the fuse lit for the dynamite.

blaise
02-05-2013, 10:21 AM
That's funny. I know where that Popeyes is. I used to live on Dewey Ave in Rochester, right near there.

RealSNR
02-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah, Barkley's awesome. Totally unfiltered. I like the guy.

And he's not stupid.

Yeah, I know. The crew always likes to rib him and call him stupid, though. He does a good job playing it up at times just to keep the jokes going.

RealSNR
02-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Dude does like to blow his money on gambling, though. There's also that.

MIAdragon
02-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Jalen Rose and Stephen A. Smith are actually pretty good on TV.

I think the problem is you.

http://images.sneakhype.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/sweet-ass-dopeness-4.gif