PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft It is safe to assume that we will not draft Joeckel.

Dante84
02-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Its now safe to assume we sign Bowe to a long-term deal, barring any unforeseen developments in the contract negotiation process.

This means we have a franchise tag free to use.

Which, in turn, means that it is safe to assume that if we don't get a long term deal figured out with Branden Albert, we can/will franchise him.

This means it is safe to say assume now, that we will not draft Joeckel.

One hurdle (the biggest one, IMO) out of the way for us taking Geno.

Rausch
02-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Its now safe to assume we sign Bowe to a long-term deal, barring any unforeseen developments in the contract negotiation process.

It is?...

suds79
02-15-2013, 12:02 PM
I will feel it's safe when we have officially signed Albert or tagged him. Simple as that.

In58men
02-15-2013, 12:03 PM
The coaches will have to figure out who's more valuable tag, Dorsey or Albert. In my case it's Albert. I'm hoping we can get a deal done with Albert as well.

notorious
02-15-2013, 12:03 PM
I will feel safe as soon as the 1st pick in the draft is announced and it's not him.

Rausch
02-15-2013, 12:04 PM
I will feel it's safe when we have officially signed Albert or tagged him. Simple as that.

I still expect the tag Albert - Sign Bowe strat...

Ace Gunner
02-15-2013, 12:05 PM
They coaches will have to figure out who's more valuable tag, Dorsey or Albert. In my case it's Albert. I'm hoping we can get a deal done with Albert as well.

ROFL tag dorsey. that made me spit.

KCUnited
02-15-2013, 12:05 PM
I don't think having Albert on a 1 year deal makes it safe to assume anything.

Deberg_1990
02-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Tag Dorsey???? ROFL

You can get the same production from any random 4th rounder

notorious
02-15-2013, 12:06 PM
ROFL tag dorsey. that made me spit.

Cleaning off my screen as I type this. ROFL

Dante84
02-15-2013, 12:07 PM
It is?...

CLARK GETS WHAT HE WANTS.

AND HE WANTS BOWE.

Rausch
02-15-2013, 12:07 PM

I do.

He's rumored to have some serious back problems and if we only dump one highly paid year we save the length of a massive contract...

Dante84
02-15-2013, 12:08 PM

So we draft a #1 overall LT to sit him on the bench to groom for a year?

Cooooomeeee onnnnnnnnn.......

Rasputin
02-15-2013, 12:08 PM
I just assume not to assume anything except assume that they will fuck it up.

Rausch
02-15-2013, 12:09 PM
CLARK GETS WHAT HE WANTS.

AND HE WANTS BOWE.

Clark hires who he wants and hopes to God it doesn't have to end with some ugly personal conflict...

Ace Gunner
02-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Tag Dorsey???? ROFL

You can get the same production from any random 4th rounder

or this
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3649/3630788524_2037cb7da8_m.jpg

Dante84
02-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Clark hires who he wants and hopes to God it doesn't have to end with some ugly personal conflict...

Hey man. Clark has a raging hard on and will stick it where he damn well pleases.

Ace Gunner
02-15-2013, 12:12 PM
I don't think it's safe to say Albert will be tagged or even retained.

The Franchise
02-15-2013, 12:12 PM
I do.

He's rumored to have some serious back problems and if we only dump one highly paid year we save the length of a massive contract...

Bullshit rumor.

Dude already passed his full physical.

ModSocks
02-15-2013, 12:16 PM

This.

It's not over yet.

Rausch
02-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Hey man. Clark has a raging hard on and will stick it where he damn well pleases.

Mostly under a "Bear" in an expensive room in Vegas...

Rausch
02-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Bullshit rumor.

I hope so. I want him here and at LT.

I don't want to sign or draft a LT...

KCUnited
02-15-2013, 12:21 PM
So we draft a #1 overall LT to sit him on the bench to groom for a year?

Cooooomeeee onnnnnnnnn.......

There's a number of scenarios that aren't likely or smart, but being a Chiefs fan for 30 years, especially after the last 4, prevent me from assuming anything positive.

BossChief
02-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Bullshit rumor.

So did Jared Gaither...not saying his back will be problematic going forward, but he did miss a significant amount of time to back issues last year.

I'd still pay him, but there's no need to act like his back problems are gonna go away because he passed a physical.

The Franchise
02-15-2013, 12:30 PM
So did Jared Gaither...not saying his back will be problematic going forward, but he did miss a significant amount of time to back issues last year.

I'd still pay him, but there's no need to act like his back problems are gonna go away because he passed a physical.

Jared Gaither was a pussy bitch who quit all of the time. Not the same thing.

Chief_For_Life58
02-15-2013, 12:37 PM
I would say its safe to assume that we will win the superbowl in the next 5 years

WhiteWhale
02-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Jared Gaither was a pussy bitch who quit all of the time. Not the same thing.

Sad too. He had the ability to be the best (not one of the best, THE best) in the NFL, but he's lazy.

DaWolf
02-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Trust me, as soon as we tag Albert, there will be some BS report out there that we will still draft Joeckel and move Albert to guard...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-15-2013, 12:55 PM
They coaches will have to figure out who's more valuable tag, Dorsey or Albert. In my case it's Albert. I'm hoping we can get a deal done with Albert as well.

lololololol...he said "Dorsey".
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
02-15-2013, 01:06 PM
I do.

Serious back problems?

Not sure he could pass the physical if it were serious.

Hammock Parties
02-15-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm glad you started this thread so you could post what people are posting in the thread from yesterday.

htismaqe
02-15-2013, 03:03 PM

Jared Gaither didn't want to work, didn't want to practice, and didn't want to be part of a team.

Jared Gaither's problems were far more between his ears than between his shoulder blades.

ptlyon
02-15-2013, 03:08 PM
...than between his shoulder blades.

But isn't that where the heart is...

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2013, 03:11 PM
The coaches will have to figure out who's more valuable tag, Dorsey or Albert. In my case it's Albert. I'm hoping we can get a deal done with Albert as well.

Dorsey should be cut outright. He's a league minimum guy at this point.

Hammock Parties
02-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Dorsey should be cut outright. He's a league minimum guy at this point.

But you want to keep Tyson Jackson? LMAO

Dorsey is a far superior player. Jackson was darn near the worst 3-4 end in football last year.

Dante84
02-15-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm glad you started this thread so you could post what people are posting in the thread from yesterday.

didn't see it, baby b.

BlackHelicopters
02-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Won't feel safe until a member of the Hunt family is hugging the Lombardi trophy and I am vomiting with joy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-15-2013, 04:18 PM
lol you know what? I have decided that it IS safe to assume. Im on a positive roll today, and i'm putting it out there.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
02-15-2013, 04:46 PM
I don't think it's safe to say Albert will be tagged or even retained.

You're a poster who's right about so many things.

But when you're wrong, you're REALLY wrong. Embarrassingly so.

If it weren't for those other things you were right about, you'd be BlackBob

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Maybe he smokes some rope and falls to #34.

kcxiv
02-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Bowe is the key once he's tagged or locked down, then its not a LT.

As a chiefs fan i still expect us to fuck it up, because well, thats what they do.

KCrockaholic
02-15-2013, 06:22 PM
But you want to keep Tyson Jackson? LMAO

Dorsey is a far superior player. Jackson was darn near the worst 3-4 end in football last year.

Id keep Jackson only if he'll restructure for near league minimum. If not he can GTFO.

keg in kc
02-15-2013, 06:23 PM
It is never safe to assume anything with this franchise.

HotCarl
02-15-2013, 06:23 PM
The franchise tag has nothing to do with it. The question is, do we re-sign an almost 30 LT who is average/above average and has started to have back problems, or do we get a 21 year old cornerstone kind of guy.

kcxiv
02-15-2013, 06:24 PM
The franchise tag has nothing to do with it. The question is, do we re-sign an almost 30 LT who is average/above average and has started to have back problems, or do we get a 21 year old cornerstone kind of guy.

lol, he's way above average. its he great no, but he's imo Very damned good.

tooge
02-15-2013, 06:27 PM
This class is very deep at tackle. They could still get Geno with the first, and move up a few spots from the second to get one of the other two solid tackles. Or, franchise Albert for a year and if his back holds up, give him a deal next year

Hammock Parties
02-15-2013, 06:30 PM
This class is very deep at tackle. They could still get Geno with the first, and move up a few spots from the second to get one of the other two solid tackles.

WE. DON'T. NEED. A. TACKLE.

tooge
02-15-2013, 06:40 PM
WE. DON'T. NEED. A. TACKLE.

As long as we sign or franchise Albert, u are correct. If the back thing scares them, my point is it doesn't mean we can't still get Geno

King_Chief_Fan
02-15-2013, 06:46 PM
If is safe to assume that Reid and Dorsey know what they want to build and what in what order of position needs to be added to complete THEIR build

Dante84
02-15-2013, 07:12 PM
If is safe to assume that Reid and Dorsey know what they want to build and what in what order of position needs to be added to complete THEIR build

You are correct. We should shut our mouths and not dare think until the draft is over.

How dare us mortals speculate what the Chiefs will do, whilst posting on a Chiefs message board.

Let your grace shine down upon thee, your holiness, and forgive us our trespasses.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-15-2013, 08:48 PM
lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner
02-16-2013, 08:22 AM
You're a poster who's right about so many things.

But when you're wrong, you're REALLY wrong. Embarrassingly so.

If it weren't for those other things you were right about, you'd be BlackBob

welp.

“I’m not a guard. I haven’t played guard since college. It kind of upsets me a lot.” --Brandon Albert, last week during a 610 sports interview.

htismaqe
02-16-2013, 09:18 AM
welp.

“I’m not a guard. I haven’t played guard since college. It kind of upsets me a lot.” --Brandon Albert, last week during a 610 sports interview.

He also play tackle in college but AGREED to move to guard to make room for Brick Ferguson and Eugene Monroe, who were highly-recruited LT prospects.

He's talented AND a team player.

And you still look stupid.

Lex Luthor
02-16-2013, 09:31 AM
I just assume not to assume anything except assume that they will **** it up.

Why do you assume that? Are you a retard who blames Dorsey and Reid for things that took place before they got here?

htismaqe
02-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Why do you assume that? Are you a retard who blames Dorsey and Reid for things that took place before they got here?

To be fair, Dorsey and Reid are now employed by the Chiefs.

Chiefs history of ineptitude trumps Reid/Dorsey history of excellence until proven otherwise.

Such is the nature of not having won a playoff game in 20 years. Sorry.

Hammock Parties
02-16-2013, 09:46 AM
To be fair, Dorsey and Reid are now employed by the Chiefs.

Chiefs history of ineptitude trumps Reid/Dorsey history of excellence until proven otherwise.

Such is the nature of not having won a playoff game in 20 years. Sorry.

There's surely a Chiefs shadow government orchestrating all of this!

htismaqe
02-16-2013, 09:47 AM
There's surely a Chiefs shadow government orchestrating all of this!

ROFL

I wish there was a grand conspiracy behind it all.

It sure seems like the perfect combination of bad luck and pure ineptitude.

King_Chief_Fan
02-16-2013, 10:09 AM
You are correct. We should shut our mouths and not dare think until the draft is over.

How dare us mortals speculate what the Chiefs will do, whilst posting on a Chiefs message board.

Let your grace shine down upon thee, your holiness, and forgive us our trespasses.

dont' be such a dumb ass

It wasn't said no speculation....read it again..I am saying (IMO)the only safe thing that can be assumed is.....
didn't mean to rip your female parts

-King-
02-16-2013, 10:09 AM

Gaither has also failed multiple physicals in his career. Nowhere near comparable to Albert.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
02-16-2013, 10:10 AM
After looking at the roster, not a fuck is probably given by Dorsey/Reid about this dude.

WV
02-16-2013, 10:12 AM

We still remember your Cassel comments and guarantees. You won't be taken seriously until you recant those.

htismaqe
02-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Gaither has also failed multiple physicals in his career. Nowhere near comparable to Albert.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly.

Gaither wasn't a team player, his teammates hated him in Baltimore and San Diego (we were so bad when he was here nobody noticed him).

He was constantly bitching about something. Plus, even without his bag, he always had a hangnail or something.

Ace Gunner
02-16-2013, 10:29 AM
He also play tackle in college but AGREED to move to guard to make room for Brick Ferguson and Eugene Monroe, who were highly-recruited LT prospects.

He's talented AND a team player.

And you still look stupid.

Even when spoonfed a quote from the player himself, you koolaid drinkers just can't fathom reality.

petty shit shots are your style, not mine. I feel your butthurt though, but I know you are too old to ever grow out of it, so I don't respond to it as often as you like.

here's what just flew over your hurty lil head;

Albert is not a happy Chief right now and obviously it's because the new staff told him to move to guard. now, either they want stephenson at LT or somebody else there -- maybe joeckel.

either way, brandon albert may want to play elsewhere from the looks of this quote.

Rausch
02-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Albert is not a happy Chief right now and obviously it's because the new staff told him to move to guard.

This is not "obvious."

This is your interpretation of the sit-yee-ation...

milkman
02-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Even when spoonfed a quote from the player himself, you koolaid drinkers just can't fathom reality.

petty shit shots are your style, not mine. I feel your butthurt though, but I know you are too old to ever grow out of it, so I don't respond to it as often as you like.

Albert is not a happy Chief right now and obviously it's because the new staff told him to move to guard. now, either they want stephenson at LT or somebody else there -- maybe joeckel.

either way, brandon albert may want to play elsewhere from the looks of this quote.

When you wake up in the mornings, are you capable of sending the message from your brain to your body to crawl out of bed without falling on your ass?

I ask, because I question whether you have the brain matter to accomplish that simple task.

Ace Gunner
02-16-2013, 10:39 AM
When you wake up in the mornings, are you capable of sending the message from your brain to your body to crawl out of bed without falling on your ass?

I ask, because I question whether you have the brain matter to accomplish that simple task.

tl;dr

milkman
02-16-2013, 10:41 AM
tl;dr

Short post out a strain on your brain.

Hammock Parties
02-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Albert is not a happy Chief right now

He's extremely happy. He couldn't be happier, just read his twitter feed.

Moron.

Chris Meck
02-16-2013, 11:05 AM

You're either a fool or a troll.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-16-2013, 12:47 PM
You are doing well in stepping into Blackbob's shoes, LouZare

Dante84
02-16-2013, 01:09 PM
dont' be such a dumb ass

It wasn't said no speculation....read it again..I am saying (IMO)the only safe thing that can be assumed is.....
didn't mean to rip your female parts

Ummmmm

WWJD, brah?

W
W
J
D
???

HotCarl
02-16-2013, 01:47 PM
You could read into Albert's quote that the issue may have been raised. I don't get that quote as meaning "they asked me to switch to guard". (Isn't there some rule that they can't talk football with him until after the free agency period or some such?)

Like has been pointed out, Albert is a team player. If we drafted our D'Brick, he'd be on board. And we'd have a monster of an o-line.

milkman
02-16-2013, 01:53 PM
You could read into Albert's quote that the issue may have been raised. I don't get that quote as meaning "they asked me to switch to guard". (Isn't there some rule that they can't talk football with him until after the free agency period or some such?)

Like has been pointed out, Albert is a team player. If we drafted our D'Brick, he'd be on board. And we'd have a monster of an o-line.

Do you not understand the English language.

Albert states he is not guard.

He switched in college because there were no financial ramification

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Exactly.

Gaither wasn't a team player, his teammates hated him in Baltimore and San Diego (we were so bad when he was here nobody noticed him).

He was constantly bitching about something. Plus, even without his bag, he always had a hangnail or something.

I want to know, then again I don't want to know.

htismaqe
02-16-2013, 03:01 PM

Albert is pissed at the FANS.

Stupid fans, like YOU.

ROFL

htismaqe
02-16-2013, 03:02 PM
He's extremely happy. He couldn't be happier, just read his twitter feed.

Moron.

Comprehension is obviously not his strong suit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-16-2013, 05:28 PM
sadly, Albert is too good a guy to punch Winston in the face...
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
02-16-2013, 06:00 PM
sadly, Albert is too good a guy to punch Winston in the face...
Posted via Mobile Device

When he's white knighting for our newly minted 1st round QB you'll come around on him.

O.city
02-16-2013, 06:11 PM
If we aren't taking a Qb at 1, I'd consider letting Albert walk and drafting Joeckel. Save money, etc.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-16-2013, 06:28 PM
When he's white knighting for our newly minted 1st round QB you'll come around on him.

possibly, but i scarcely doubt Geno's superior intellect, people skills, and penii-persuader shall require it!
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
02-16-2013, 06:37 PM
If we aren't taking a Qb at 1, I'd consider letting Albert walk and drafting Joeckel. Save money, etc.

I don't give a fuck about saving money.

They have the cap room. Use it.

O.city
02-16-2013, 06:38 PM
If you can save the money and get an equal, possibly better player, I'd think about it.

RealSNR
02-16-2013, 06:40 PM
If you can save the money and get an equal, possibly better player, I'd think about it.

With the #1 overall pick.

-King-
02-16-2013, 06:42 PM
Possibly worse also. Possibly, MUCH worse.

O.city
02-16-2013, 06:43 PM
With the #1 overall pick.

Who else do you take?

If they are concerned at all about Alberts back it makes sense. I'm just throwing out some alternate ways to go about this. It's not what I want, but from a business side, it makes some sense.

RealSNR
02-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Who else do you take?

I've answered this question many times before.

If the franchise is that damned determined to not take a QB at #1 overall, I would trade down for peanuts. Just as they believe none of the QBs are worth it, I believe none of the PLAYERS are worth it. Without Geno, Wilson, or Barkley, this is the most putrid class of players at the top of the draft I've perhaps ever seen. It's god fucking awful.

I would trade down like a dick-sucking crab-infested crack whore for whatever I could get, even if that's only a 2nd round pick and something else. Then I'd take...

No. You know what? This shit is so fucking idiotic. I WOULDN'T take Milliner. Moore and Werner would probably be gone. And Sheldon Richardson and Sharrif Floyd are even fucking more risky players than Geno or Wilson.

I'd shoot myself in the fucking face is what I'd do.

O.city
02-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Thats what I mean. I don't know what you do. If you twisted my arm and we keep Albert, I'd probably just take Star and feed the fans tranquilizer darts until the season started.

RealSNR
02-16-2013, 06:53 PM
I still have hope. Reid didn't really give a shit about safe when he drafted McNabb.

The alternatives to a QB at #1 are so fucking putrid it makes my stomach churn. I'm sure Reid knows this, and will shit in Dorsey's mouth until he gets on board with it as well.

O.city
02-16-2013, 06:54 PM
If you don't take a Qb, it's either a non pass rushing 34 DE, (yikes, were have we seen that before) a CB, or a 3rd down pass rusher.

htismaqe
02-16-2013, 07:05 PM
If you don't take a Qb, it's either a non pass rushing 34 DE, (yikes, were have we seen that before) a CB, or a 3rd down pass rusher.

Exactly.

There's literally NOBODY there to take.

O.city
02-16-2013, 07:08 PM
If Star can develop some pass rushing skills, I think he would make our DL really really good. Pair him with Poe and thats a shit ton of athletic ability up there.

htismaqe
02-16-2013, 07:09 PM
If Star can develop some pass rushing skills, I think he would make our DL really really good. Pair him with Poe and thats a shit ton of athletic ability up there.

Sounds like a GREAT use of the #1 overall pick...'

Tyson Jackson mark II

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-16-2013, 07:44 PM
i think the key word is "definite". There is still more defining to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
02-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Sounds like a GREAT use of the #1 overall pick...'

Tyson Jackson mark II

I'm just trying to brainstorm what they're thinking. I guess Milliner could come into play, but if it's not Joeckel, it's Star or ?

RealSNR
02-16-2013, 07:47 PM

I have more confidence in Geno developing a better lower body so his throws are zip-line smooth and quick than I do Star Lotulelei developing pass rush moves.

One does not simply develop pass rush moves. Just as Tyson Jackson and Aaron Curry.

That's why I don't fucking understand why John Dorsey would be possessed enough to take a non-QB at #1 assuming the organization wants to re-sign Albert (which we know they do).

O.city
02-16-2013, 07:51 PM
I have more confidence in Geno developing a better lower body so his throws are zip-line smooth and quick than I do Star Lotulelei developing pass rush moves.

One does not simply develop pass rush moves. Just as Tyson Jackson and Aaron Curry.

That's why I don't ****ing understand why John Dorsey would be possessed enough to take a non-QB at #1 assuming the organization wants to re-sign Albert (which we know they do).

We know they want to, dunno if they will.

Hammock Parties
02-16-2013, 08:12 PM
If Star can develop some pass rushing skills

LMAO

People said the same thing about Tyson Jackson.

I mean talk about fail...it's bad enough to take a 3-4 end #3 overall...but to do it #1?

Unprecedented level of dumbass.

O.city
02-16-2013, 08:14 PM
LMAO

People said the same thing about Tyson Jackson.

I mean talk about fail...it's bad enough to take a 3-4 end #3 overall...but to do it #1?

Unprecedented level of dumbass.

Fine. Then who are we taking there?

Hammock Parties
02-16-2013, 08:18 PM

Just pass on the fucking pick. Let's become the court jester of the NFL.

O.city
02-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Maybe Sheldon Ri.............I can't even get that out. I just can't take him at 1.

milkman
02-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Chance Warmack, FTMFW MFers.

Bewbies
02-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Ultimately, the decision to draft Joeckel or Smith boils down to fundamental draft philosophy: draft for a need or draft the best player available?

The below article discussed the different directions KC can go in and provides some interesting food for thought:

downattheone.com/features

Should we draft for the future or gamble on a need?

Please post this spam from your site in more threads please!!

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 08:01 AM
Ultimately, the decision to draft Joeckel or Smith boils down to fundamental draft philosophy: draft for a need or draft the best player available?

The below article discussed the different directions KC can go in and provides some interesting food for thought:

downattheone.com/features

Should we draft for the future or gamble on a need?

Joeckel isn't "drafting for the future" anymore than signing Albert is.

EVERY draft pick is a gamble. Ask the Packers if they regret picking Tony Mandarich over Barry Sander and Derrick Thomas.

Drafting Luke Joeckel is one thing, though.

STUPID.

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 08:02 AM

Geno.

Get some gauze and stop the bleeding my man.

suds79
02-22-2013, 08:04 AM

EVERY draft pick is a gamble. Ask the Packers if they regret picking Tony Mandarich over Barry Sander and Derrick Thomas.

STUPID.

This.

I freaking wish people or draft gurus wouldn't stop acting like it's impossible for O-linemen to bust.

How many times have we heard "Draft this guy and you're set at (Tackel, Guard, Center) for the next 10 years."

That's ridiculous.

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 08:55 AM
This.

I freaking wish people or draft gurus wouldn't stop acting like it's impossible for O-linemen to bust.

How many times have we heard "Draft this guy and you're set at (Tackel, Guard, Center) for the next 10 years."

That's ridiculous.

MagicHef has put together the numbers.

Not only are tackles NOT safe (they bust just as much as any other position) the guys can't single-handedly turn their team into a winner. OTs aren't safe, their Fool's Gold.

Radar Chief
02-22-2013, 09:12 AM

STUPID.

Heard a salient point on 610 the other day, I know but it does occasionally happen, that even if Joeckel is the most solid of sure fire draft picks letting Albert walk and spending the #1 pick on his replacement DOES NOT IMPROVE THE TEAM! At best it’s breaking even.

PaulAllen
02-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Biggest fail ever if they pick an OL. what a joke

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Heard a salient point on 610 the other day, I know but it does occasionally happen, that even if Joeckel is the most solid of sure fire draft picks letting Albert walk and spending the #1 pick on his replacement DOES NOT IMPROVE THE TEAM! At best it’s breaking even.

Put it this way:

Joeckel could come in next year and play at an All-Pro level for all 16 games...

And the team could still finish 2-14.

If a QB comes in and plays at an All-Pro level for EIGHT games, we're in the playoffs.

It isn't even worth discussion.

Deberg_1990
02-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Love all those playoff apperances Joe Thomas has led the Browns to.

htismaqe
02-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Love all those playoff apperances Joe Thomas has led the Browns to.

Yep.

Radar Chief
02-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Put it this way:

Joeckel could come in next year and play at an All-Pro level for all 16 games...

And the team could still finish 2-14.

If a QB comes in and plays at an All-Pro level for EIGHT games, we're in the playoffs.

It isn't even worth discussion.

This is what pisses me off about Mayock. I normally respect the guys opinion but he seems to think the Chiefs should use that #1 to draft one of four OL, i.e. someone that isn’t going to score points. :spock:

Sorter
02-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Do you think every year during the draft, Joe Thomas just absolutely loses his shit when he's at home?

The Franchise
02-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Do you think every year during the draft, Joe Thomas just absolutely loses his shit when he's at home?

I'm sure he's too busy counting his money.

PaulAllen
02-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Thomas doesn't give a shit. That fucker didn't even show up for HIS OWN DRAFT.

Sorter
02-22-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm sure he's too busy counting his money.

And then throwing it in fistfuls at his television screaming angrily.

"God dammit!! Brandon Weeden?! You motherfuckers I'm never going to see the postseason"