PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Re: SNR & everybody who claims that the non-Geno talent atop this draft is "garbage."

Direckshun
02-24-2013, 05:14 PM
I recently listed several players (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270357) that I felt are superior to Geno Smith, all things being equal (including positional value):

1. OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. DE/OLB Bjoern Werner, Florida State
3. DE/OLB Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
4. DE/DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
5. DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
6. OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
7. CB DeMarcus Milliner, Alabama
8. OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
9. DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State
10. OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
11. CB Johnathan Banks, Mississippi State
12. DE/OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon
13. S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas.

SNR responded by calling most of them "garbage":

We're not drafting at #11 overall. We have the first overall pick.

Are any of those guys the best at their respective positions in their draft classes in the past 5 years?

No? How about 3 years?

TWO YEARS, BRO. Can you give me two goddamned years worth of OTs, DTs, OLBs, and CBs and say that any of those players are at the top of the position?

Well, let's take a look, shall we?

QBs taken in the Top 10 of the past five years:

2012: Luck, RG3, Tannehill
2011: Newton, Locker, Gabbert
2010: Bradford
2009: Stafford, Sanchez
2008: Matt Ryan

Top 10 OTs of the past five years:

2012: Kalil
2011: Tyron Smith
2010: Trent Williams, Russell Okung (Anthony Davis @ #11)
2009: Jason Smith, Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe
2008: Jake Long

Passrushers taken in the Top 10 of the past five years:

2012: none
2011: Von Miller, Aldon Smith (Watt @ #11)
2010: none
2009: none (Aaron Maybin @ #11)
2008: Chris Long, Vernon Gholston, Derrick Harvey

DTs taken in the top 10 the past five years:

2012: none (Poe @ #11)
2011: Marcell Dareus
2010: Suh, Gerald McCoy, Tyson Alualu
2009: Tyson Jackson, BJ Raji
2008: Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis

(I don't care about CBs or OGs. You don't take them #1 overall.)

Now, the key here is to try to remember each of these players as prospects, not as the players we know they are now.

At QB, who was a worse prospect than Geno of the above players?

1. Luck
2-tie. RG3/Stafford
3. Ryan
4-tie. Bradford/Sanchez
5. Newton
6. Gabbert
7. Smith
8. Tannehill
9. Locker

At OT, who was a worse prospect than Joeckel, Fisher, or Lane Johnson?

The way I would have ordered them as prospects:

1. Long
2. Okung
3. Williams
4-tie. Joeckel/Kalil
5. Fisher
6. Jason Smith
7-tie. Andre Smith/Monroe/Lane Johnson
8. Tyron Smith

At passrusher, who was a worse prospect than Werner, Moore, or Jordan?

1. Miller
2. Chris Long
3. Aldon Smith
4-tie. Gholston/Werner
5. Moore
6. Harvey
7. Jordan

At DT, who was a worse prospect than Richardson or Hankins? (Star is apparently out of commission as a top 10 pick now.)

1. Suh
2. McCoy
3. Dorsey
4. Dareus
5. Raji
6. Richardson
7-tie. Ellis/Hankins
8. Tyson Jackson
9. Alualu

Now on to my broader point here:

This is how I would rank them as prospects as of now. Of course you could adjust your rankings all over the place.

But the myth that Geno Smith is on par with what we've seen in the past while the other three categories are horrendous nightmares compared to your "usual draft," is just that: a myth.

Thig Lyfe
02-24-2013, 05:15 PM
suck my butt

RealSNR
02-24-2013, 05:16 PM
You're missing out on a key point here.

Number one. Overall. Pick.

Direckshun
02-24-2013, 05:16 PM
suck my butt

You will be the first to enter The Rape Machine.

RealSNR
02-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Let's say Kalil is a wash with Joeckel/Fisher.

The Vikings already had their QB. They weren't going to draft another one.

BlackHelicopters
Wait. What?

Direckshun
You're missing out on a key point here.

Number one. Overall. Pick.

No, I'm responding to the ludicrus bullshit you threw my way, calling all of these prospects "garbage" in earnest.

They are legitimately on par with what we've had in drafts past in the top 10.

Direckshun
02-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Let's say Kalil is a wash with Joeckel/Fisher.

The Vikings already had their QB. They weren't going to draft another one.

But Kalil was a candidate of that caliber, and if the Vikes had passed, Kalil would have been taken soon afterwards. In no universe is he anything other than a Top 10 pick in 2012.

My point is that this year's talent doesn't stack up with the elites, but it's comfortable Top Ten material across the board everywhere but maybe passrusher.

Hammock Parties
02-24-2013, 05:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dg9mupT.gif

RealSNR
Matt Stafford had a lot of question marks coming out of college. But the Lions ignored that and chose to see him as a guy who would INSTANTLY dig them out of that shit hole if he turned out to be great.

Had they gone the safe route with Eugene Monroe, who knows how terrible they would be? It's possible we would have had problems with them in the race to the #1 overall pick this past season.

Hootie
I fail to see how a guy who basically started 1 year in college (Sanchez) was considered a better prospect than Geno Smith?

What are the scouts seeing in Geno that suggests he's not a top tier QB prospect?

the Talking Can
you've proved our point

none of the talent this year would be in the top 5 of the last 5 years...unless you give them 'ties'

putting gabbert ahead of smith is pure nonsense

and none of this changes the central vapidity of your argument...reaching for mythological value (just rhetorical cover for playing it 'safe')...

but have fun passing on QBs for another decade, this value thing you've got going has served the chiefs well...

Direckshun
02-24-2013, 05:20 PM

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

Cannibal
02-24-2013, 05:21 PM

Awesome.

Direckshun
02-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Matt Stafford had a lot of question marks coming out of college. But the Lions ignored that and chose to see him as a guy who would INSTANTLY dig them out of that shit hole if he turned out to be great.

Please.

"A lot of question marks."

He would have been taken #1 overall by anybody. You're rewriting history.

He was one of the best prospects we've seen. There was literally no question he was the best player in that year's draft.

htismaqe
02-24-2013, 05:22 PM
I fail to see how a guy who basically started 1 year in college (Sanchez) was considered a better prospect than Geno Smith?

What are the scouts seeing in Geno that suggests he's not a top tier QB prospect?

It's not what they're seeing. It's what they're not seeing, namely Andrew Luck.

htismaqe
you've proved our point

none of the talent this year would be in the top 5 of the last 5 years...unless you give them 'ties'

and none of this changes the central vapidity of your argument...reaching for mythological value (just rhetorical cover for playing it 'safe')...

but have fun passing on QBs for another decade, this value thing you've got going has served the chiefs well...

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

RealSNR
No, I'm responding to the ludicrus bullshit you threw my way, calling all of these prospects "garbage" in earnest.

They are legitimately on par with what we've had in drafts past in the top 10.

Fair point. If I may, though, I WAS half kidding. I thought it would be obvious the way I labeled each player a silly brand of garbage like I was playing a game of Duck Duck Goose.

In the meantime, though, my point still stands that none of the non-QBs this year are worthy of the #1 overall pick. I might STILL even argue that half of the guys on your list should be left out of the top 5 considerations in a "normal" draft class. The notable exceptions are the OTs, who for many stated reasons that have been discussed the past 3 months on this BB, should NOT be remotely touched by Kansas City.

Mr_Tomahawk
-------If we arent going to Draft Geno 1.1....

Resign Albert.

Trade for Foles.

Draft DeMarcus Milliner in the 1st.

Direckshun
02-24-2013, 05:23 PM
you've proved our point

Gabbert surprised almost everybody on this board when he slid to #10. The Jaguars trading for him was considered a huge success.

But it doesn't matter -- you can disagree with my rankings.

I'm not shitting on a Geno pick. I'm just saying the idea that he is the only sensible selection at #1 because all the other players are "garbage" is SNR, overplaying his hand.

RealSNR
02-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Please.

"A lot of question marks."

He would have been taken #1 overall by anybody. You're rewriting history.

He was one of the best prospects we've seen. There was literally no question he was the best player in that year's draft.

Geno Smith is just as strong of a QB prospect as Matt Stafford, and in some ways, he's a much safer one.

Now, if you wish to argue with me on that point, we can continue that in this thread or go somewhere else.

Rasputin
02-24-2013, 05:24 PM
How the fuck would you have Gabbert and Sanchez in front of Geno Smith??????????

Direckshun
02-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Fair point. If I may, though, I WAS half kidding. I thought it would be obvious the way I labeled each player a silly brand of garbage like I was playing a game of Duck Duck Goose.

Welcome to rationality. :p

As of February 24th, 2013, we are officially having the conversation we need to be having.

MagicHef
02-24-2013, 05:25 PM

Had they gone the safe route with Eugene Monroe, who knows how terrible they would be? It's possible we would have had problems with them in the race to the #1 overall pick this past season.

I'm not sure the Lions are the best evidence for your position. They won two more games than the Chiefs.

Direckshun
02-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Geno Smith is just as strong of a QB prospect as Matt Stafford, and in some ways, he's a much safer one.

Now, if you wish to argue with me on that point, we can continue that in this thread or go somewhere else.

Well, that's aside from my broader point, but it's a fun conversation so let's have it.

Stafford: absolutely huge body, bigger arm, played in a pro-style system, and was far more consistent than Geno

RunKC
02-24-2013, 05:26 PM

I always laugh when people compare Stafford and Geno. Stafford was a better prospect and it's not close.

Hootie
02-24-2013, 05:28 PM
after that performance anything other than Geno at #1 is going to piss me right the fuck off...

it literally makes no sense not to draft Geno Smith.

This shit franchise has the easiest fucking decisions in the world to make. Re-sign Bowe, re-sign Albert...draft Smith.

We could literally forfeit the rest of our draft if we got Smith and I know this entire board would still be thrilled.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Your rankings are awful.

RunKC
02-24-2013, 05:31 PM
If Stafford was at the combine right now, he'd be owning Geno. Better size for the position, pro-style success in the toughest conference with the best defenses.

You can not tell me that Geno would stand a ****ing chance against Stafford in the passing drills. Stafford has a ****ing cannon and solid accuracy.

Crush
Any non-QB is complete garbage as the no. 1 overall pick. Is Joeckel going to put the team on his back when the Chiefs are down 23-17 with 0:35 left in the game? How about Werner or Moore? Is Star's defective heart going to march the team down the field? We need a fucking QB. Anything else is absolute garbage.

wazu
SNR is right, and Direkshun is dumb.

Hootie
02-24-2013, 05:32 PM
let me put it this way

if Peyton Manning signed with KC last year I bet we could have gotten 800+ yards out of Baldwin and/or possibly McCluster.

our embarrassing QB play makes every one of our "skill" players look way shittier than they actually are.

do I think, at this point, McCluster is good? No. I don't. I have no idea what to think about Baldwin other than think that he's probably destined to be a bust as well.

but none of these fucking guys...even Bowe last year...had the benefit of playing with a QB that had any fucking clue how to play QB.

the only reason Bowe had some numbers is because Cassel literally threw it to him every time...it was hilarious. Cassel would stare him down and throw it to him no matter what. It almost made no sense when I was watching...

and then Quinn comes in and starts targeting Baldwin a ton...and even Moeaki on our play-action that surprised everyone because we literally had to run the ball every fucking down because of how terrible Cassel/Quinn were...

the fact that we even have to argue or listen to anyone say we shouldn't draft Smith makes no sense to me...

if Dorsey/Reid fuck this up it is just a huge strike and I don't think I could forgive them

MagicHef
02-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Whoa. Stafford joined the Lions at the same time Cassel joined the Chiefs, 2009. In that timespan, the Chiefs have won more games.

htismaqe
02-24-2013, 05:33 PM
after that performance anything other than Geno at #1 is going to piss me right the fuck off...

it literally makes no sense not to draft Geno Smith.

This shit franchise has the easiest fucking decisions in the world to make. Re-sign Bowe, re-sign Albert...draft Smith.

We could literally forfeit the rest of our draft if we got Smith and I know this entire board would still be thrilled.

Yep.

Hootie
Stafford also has terrible mechanics. Did Stafford even throw at the combine?

I think Stafford still has potential to be great but he really took a step backwards this year and he is the poster boy of inconsistency.

Direckshun
Whoa. Stafford joined the Lions at the same time Cassel joined the Chiefs, 2009. In that timespan, the Chiefs have won more games.

ROFL

We are living in the darkest timeline.

RealSNR
02-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Gabbert surprised almost everybody on this board when he slid to #10. The Jaguars trading for him was considered a huge success.

But it doesn't matter -- you can disagree with my rankings.

I'm not shitting on a Geno pick. I'm just saying the idea that he is the only sensible selection at #1 because all the other players are "garbage" is SNR, overplaying his hand.

I think my statement is getting slightly warped in your hands.

My entire point was when you have the #1 overall pick, you have to find the player that's going to get you the most wins. You need to think sabremetrically, not in terms of where a player stacks up on a list of other players at different positions. If you have a logjam at a position, you need to make a pretty damn convincing case that the guy you select is so good that he'll overcome that roster crunch and win out be being a beast.

We have team needs at QB, ILB, CB, and WR if we're just looking at the spots that are WIDE OPEN. ILB is very difficult to argue at the #1 overall, so let's just cross that off the list. Milliner is hardly a special player; we won't hurt if we pass on him. Let's cross off CB. WR is tempting, but just for the sake of argument, let's cross that one off too, if anything simply because I don't see AJ Green or Calvin Johnson this year.

Now, the other available positions have to overcome not only being behind in positional value to QB, but they have to feature players that are just so damn good that they can take over that position on the team and start raping. These are the generational talents. And I don't see any. A Werner, Moore is going to get lost behind our two starters. Richardson, Lotulelei, and other DTs have question marks just as much as other DL prospects we've taken in the past.

Is Geno Smith possibly a pretty good starting NFL QB? Absolutely. Barkley? Yes, but I think less so. That's a different conversation.

That's my math. That's my math on why it's QB or bust FOR THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS.

Hootie
02-24-2013, 05:36 PM
does anyone realize a few years ago we were all like 'Clady is kind of overrated' and then Manning comes in and does what Peyton Manning does and makes EVERYONE around him look SO MUCH BETTER...

Kyle Orton made our (according to some) shitty line look just fine a few years ago. Cassel made our line look like dogshit...because he's dogshit and makes everyone around him worse.

Albert/Asamoah/Hudson/Allen/Winston is an above average NFL line. We have invested more than enough into that line and it is a good, solid, effective line with potential to grow as well.

I mean, there is literally NO ONE ELSE to draft at #1 other than Smith.

So either the Chiefs should let the clock expire and wait for other teams to sprint to the podium with their picks and pick around 9 or 10 OR JUST DO THE ONE LOGICAL THING AND DRAFT GENO SMITH AND GIVE HIM HIS 4 YEARS AND 25 MILLION.

that's a fucking bargain

RealSNR
02-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Welcome to rationality. :p

As of February 24th, 2013, we are officially having the conversation we need to be having.

Fuck you.

Al Bundy
02-24-2013, 05:40 PM

Winning going on here.

Crush
02-24-2013, 05:40 PM
1. OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M - Most overrated tackle since Tony Mandarich. This guy has bust written all over him.
2. DE/OLB Bjoern Werner, Florida State - Doesn't play QB.
3. DE/OLB Damontre Moore, Texas A&M - Doesn't play QB.
4. DE/DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri - Shitty work ethic and a shitty person to boot. He'll be out of the league within four years.
5. DT Star Lotulelei, Utah - Shitty heart.
6. OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan - We already have Brandon Albert.
7. CB DeMarcus Milliner, Alabama - Doesn't play QB.
8. OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma - Doesn't play QB.
9. DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State - Doesn't play QB.
10. OG Chance Warmack, Alabama - A fucking guard? GTFO with that shit.
11. CB Johnathan Banks, Mississippi State - Doesn't play QB.
12. DE/OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon - Doesn't play QB.
13. S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas. - Doesn't play QB.

At no. 1, we have the unique ability to select anyone that we want. You pick the QB and THEN build the team around him. This franchise is 3-12 in playoff games since Super Bowl IV. Two of those wins came in the same fucking season. It is time this franchise tries something else.

Don't give me that "draft a QB in the 2nd" bullshit. Geno, Wilson, and Barkley will be taken in the top 10. Until we get a QB, everything else is garbage.

Crush
02-24-2013, 05:43 PM
all things being equal (including positional value)

This is absolute bullshit. The QB is more important than every other position.

RealSNR
02-24-2013, 05:46 PM
If Stafford was at the combine right now, he'd be owning Geno. Better size for the position, pro-style success in the toughest conference with the best defenses.

You can not tell me that Geno would stand a ****ing chance against Stafford in the passing drills. Stafford has a ****ing cannon and solid accuracy.COMING OUT OF COLLEGE:

Geno Smith:

-Takes better care of the ball (Stafford had tons of WTF? throws at Georgia)
-Is more athletic
-Makes better decisions
-Has better touch
-Has a snappier release
-Is more durable

Matt Stafford:

-Bigger arm. Much bigger arm.
-Pro system QB going up against SEC competition every week
-Better footwork than Geno
-People mostly questioned his decision-making and consistency, but that's about it

Stafford was ABSOLUTELY worth the #1 overall pick. I'm not even arguing that. And seeing what he is in the NFL vs. what I'm banking on with Geno, I would trade for Stafford with the #1 overall pick than use it on Geno. But that's simply because I have the benefit of seeing what he does in the pros. I have determined it's good enough for the Chiefs.

I think Geno can be better than him. I think better lower body control from his drop backs (exactly what he's been working on at IMG) along with continued coaching from an excellent QB staff could turn him into a better pro QB than Stafford.

If you gave me a Stafford clone coming out of this 2013 college class and Geno, I would rather have Geno.

RealSNR
02-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Ouch, you're right.

Geno it is!

Hammock Parties
02-24-2013, 05:48 PM
YOU HAVE ANGERED LORD GENO, YOUR SOUL IS FORFEIT

http://i50.tinypic.com/6edch5.jpg

Saccopoo
02-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Stafford was also a party boy drunk in college and still is. He's also a statue - which is getting him injured at a high rate in the pros. He isn't close to Geno in terms of mechanics and release. He also has bad pocket awareness.

He's got a million dollar arm and a ten cent head.

Stafford is Nuke LaLoosh.

Geno is a much better prospect at the same stage.

Saccopoo
02-24-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't get your hate for Geno Direck. None of the guys you've listed have produced the numbers that Geno has over their college careers. And I don't think any of these guys have Geno's ceiling.

Originally Posted by Direckshun
1. OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
Not even the best tackle on his college team. And comes out of a true spread. He's four years from contributing at a high level - if he ever gets there. He's not Long, Thomas or Okung. He's a poor man's Matt Kalil at the very best.

2. DE/OLB Bjoern Werner, Florida State
Should be a very nice 43 DE. However, he got his sacks in bunches and disappeared for stretches at a time. Still has a steep learning curve.

3. DE/OLB Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
Tweener who doesn't play instinctively. Gets a lot of his numbers chasing down the play, which isn't going to happen a lot at the next level.

4. DE/DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
Quit on his college team and if we draft a five tech DE with the first overall pick Dorsey and Reid should be fired on the spot. He's not Seymour - by a long shot.

5. DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
We drafted Poe last year and he's a 43 DT anyway. Can dominate a single team, but struggles against doubles getting pressure - but can hold them up with his strength. Pure 43 NT.

6. OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
Central Michigan. Seriously - Central Michigan. Hasn't played against shit and has only shown an athletic ability versus holding up against any type of competition. Huge learning curve.

7. CB DeMarcus Milliner, Alabama
David Amerson is the same guy with better ball skills. Milliner doesn't have elite level hips/feet and speed. He's a very good, solid press cover guy that is going to have to be a #2 in the NFL.

8. OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
A converted HS QB, college DE/TE with limited OT reps. Comes from a true spread system. Major learning curve.

9. DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State
See Lotulelei above. Nice player, but not long enough for a 34 DE. Another 43 NT. Compares to Marcel Dareus.

10. OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
He's a fucking guard. A guard! And we've drafted two first team AA guards in the past two years in Asamoah and Hudson. And I seriously doubt that he's as good as Hudson coming out of college. He got a lot better after Barrett Jones moved into the center position.

11. CB Johnathan Banks, Mississippi State
John Banks is a nice player that's very smooth with nice instincts, but he isn't a top 10 guy. No way, no how. I'd take him or Amerson in the second round.

12. DE/OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon
A long athletic guy who saw his numbers decrease dramatically this past year as teams started keying on him. Not a lot of experience. A boom bust guy that might not ever produce. Plus you have Hali and Houston.

13. S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas.
You got to be fucking kidding. Vaccaro isn't close to the player that Geno is for their respective positions. Shit, Phillip Thomas is twice the safety Vaccaro is and he'll be available in the third round.

Nightfyre
02-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Demontre Moore: 12 bench reps. Seriously?

RealSNR
02-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Chiefs are gonna look seriously stupid when they turn in the card and it doesn't have Geno's name on it.

Berman and Kiper will say nice things about the team moving together after Jovan Belcher, and how Andy Reid is a great coach. They'll pat us on the head and say "They tried." Then they'll stop giving a fuck about the rest of our picks for the entire draft.

After recommending we let Albert walk and take Joeckel, Mel Kiper gives us a D- for our draft grade, citing that we're a 2-14 that STILL doesn't have a QB yet

Direckshun
02-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Chiefs are gonna look seriously stupid when they turn in the card and it doesn't have Geno's name on it.

Berman and Kiper will say nice things about the team moving together after Jovan Belcher, and how Andy Reid is a great coach. They'll pat us on the head and say "They tried." Then they'll stop giving a **** about the rest of our picks for the entire draft.

After recommending we let Albert walk and take Joeckel, Mel Kiper gives us a D- for our draft grade, citing that we're a 2-14 that STILL doesn't have a QB yet

Sigh.

keg in kc
02-24-2013, 09:31 PM

They are legitimately on par with what we've had in drafts past in the top 10.And so is Geno. That's the whole point. Every argument made against him can be made against any other player at any other position, whether it's Joeckel or anyone else. Because, while I wouldn't call any of them "garbage" myself, the fact remains that this is a very deep draft with very little in the way of elite talent at the top. If somebody can say "I don't want Geno because he's not Luck or Griffin, it's too risky", I have just as much right to say "I don't want Joeckel because he's not Pace or Thomas, and it's not enough value for the pick".

Beyond that, the funniest part to me is that certain people, who seem to be so intent on finding "value" in the draft, go out of their way to devalue players at the quarterback position. You know, the position that is by far the most valuable in today's game.

HotCarl
02-24-2013, 09:33 PM
The arguments for Geno all seem to be related to the Chiefs' franchise's past, and not to him.

htismaqe
02-24-2013, 09:35 PM
The arguments for Geno all seem to be related to the Chiefs' franchise's past, and not to him.

There's no argument related to him. He's a top prospect in this, or any other, year.

keg in kc
02-24-2013, 09:40 PM
There's no argument related to him. He's a top prospect in this, or any other, year.Yep.

Are there any arguments at all in favor of geno that have anything at all to do with KC's history? None that I'm aware of. Everybody that wants him seems to think he's a good QB who will become very good at the next level.

Dave Lane
02-24-2013, 10:03 PM

1. Luck
2-tie. RG3/Stafford
3. Smith
4. Ryan
5. Newton
6. tie. Bradford/Sanchez
7. Gabbert
8. Tannehill
9. Locker

This is the way I see it and the stats back it up.

Rasputin
02-24-2013, 10:40 PM

1. Luck
2-tie. RG3/Stafford
3. Smith
4. Ryan
5. Newton
6. tie. Bradford/Sanchez
7. Gabbert
8. Tannehill
9. Locker

This is the way I see it and the stats back it up.

I agree but Geno Smith doesn't have the injury proneness of RGIII & Stafford so I think Geno Smith can have a longer career ahead of those two. I much rather have Geno Smith over RGIII or Stafford now.

DeezNutz
02-24-2013, 10:46 PM
If you think that Sheldon Richardson is a better prospect than Geno Smith, you know very little about the prospects in this year's draft.

I've seen every single snap that Richardson has taken at the D1 level, and I wouldn't draft him in the first. Period.

Ebolapox
02-24-2013, 10:47 PM
the big yella joint
the big yella joint
I'll meet you down by the big yella joint

cdcox
02-24-2013, 11:58 PM
In 10 years, the only players you are going to look at and say "That is THE pick that turned that franchise around" are under the QB column. Maybe it is only a 30% chance, but if it doesn't pan out this time we can try again in 3 years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Motherfuck YOU, Direcksun.
Posted via Mobile Device

AussieChiefsFan
02-25-2013, 12:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/dg9mupT.gifRep for you sir.