PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ESPN's Bill Williamson: Chiefs should trade #1 pick for Darrelle Revis

FloridaMan88
02-25-2013, 02:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/55244/revis-could-solve-chiefs-dilemma

Darrelle Revis could solve Chiefs' dilemma

February, 25, 2013

By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

The Kansas City Chiefs’ choices with the No. 1 pick continue to be murky and it is not getting any clearer as the NFL combine comes to a close.

Thus, I think the team may have to start getting creative about the pick and it could mean taking a run at prized cornerback Darrelle Revis.

The Chiefs’ situation got more complicated with the news that Utah defensive lineman Star Lotulelei has a heart condition and he is undergoing tests. He couldn’t work out at the combine because of the matter. Unless Lotulelei gets firm medical conformation that he is at no risk because of the heart issue, there is little chance he will be taken at the top of the draft.

West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith ran well at the combine and received mixed reviews for his performances in the passing drills. He still may be a long shot at No. 1.

Thus, signs point to Kansas City taking Texas A&M left tackle Luke Joeckel at No.1. But that isn’t clear cut, either. The Chiefs like free-agent left tackle Branden Albert and remain interested in re-signing him. I wouldn’t get too excited about the possibility of drafting Joeckel and moving Albert to guard. Albert wants to stay at left tackle and he knows someone will pay him the premium to play it.

Simply letting Albert walk and drafting Joeckel would not be taking advantage of having the top pick and it wouldn’t necessarily make the Chiefs better.

They must get better by using the pick wisely. I have an idea how that could happen: go get Revis. The Jets are reportedly willing to trade the All-Pro cornerback.

I could see a scenario where the Chiefs could use the No. 1 pick as bait and get Revis, who played for new Kansas City defensive coordinator Bob Sutton in New York, and the No. 9 pick in return. There may have to be some additions on either side, but I’m not sure the Jets could get a better offer.

The Chiefs could then pair Revis with Brandon Flowers and have one of the best cornerback situations in the NFL.

Yes, Revis is coming off a torn ACL. But all reports are that he is making great progress and he is in the prime of his career. And, yes, Revis would likely require a new deal, but I think he Chiefs could find a way to keep receiver Dwayne Bowe and add Revis. That would likely mean letting Albert walk in free agency.

But with the No. 9 pick, the Chiefs could likely get Central Michigan left tackle Eric Fisher and very likely get Oklahoma’s Lane Johnson. Both are highly skilled left tackles.

In addition, reports are heavy that the Chiefs are going after San Francisco quarterback Alex Smith.

So, this is what the team’s offseason scorecard could look like:

In: Bowe, Alex Smith, Revis and a top rookie left tackle rookie.

Out: Albert and the No. 1 pick.

Looks OK to me and if somehow Albert could be kept, the Chiefs could use the No. 9 pick on Geno Smith or a top prospect at another position.

I know there are lots of hoops to go through for this scenario to unfold and I am not naïve enough to think it can occur easily. But it’s plausible through some brainstorming.

That’s exactly the point of the Chiefs’ situation. They have to get creative because there are too many questions right now about them having the No. 1 pick. They might have to get creative to make it a positive situation.

PaulAllen
02-25-2013, 02:46 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

The Franchise
:facepalm:

BossChief
ROFL

Old Dog
Would fix the dilema?

I didn't realize Revis was a QB

the Talking Can
these guys are idiots

Rasputin
02-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Clown Smile (death warmed over)

KC_Lee
02-25-2013, 02:47 PM
:banghead: JUST :banghead: MAKE :banghead: IT :banghead: STOP!!!!!:banghead:

Hammock Parties
02-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Bill Williamson, Peter King, Mike Mayock and Matt Miller.

They ALL need their dicks eaten by rabid wolverines.

RyFo18
This trade would have the 2nd most impact on this team, next to drafting Geno.

Rasputin
Ty Law is better than half CBs even on a foot with a screw in it.

BossChief
I'm just gonna assume he means the #1 pick in the third round. I'd still hesitate.

suds79
02-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Of course there's the whole "takes two to tango" but if the Chiefs were of the mindset of not taking a QB #1 and waiting until later in the draft, getting Revis and swapping 1sts would certainly help this team more than just standing pat and picking someone like Joeckel.

PaulAllen
02-25-2013, 02:49 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxihqzYf1T1r1zonz.gif

RyFo18
02-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Of course there's the whole "takes two to tango" but if the Chiefs were of the mindset of not taking a QB #1 and waiting until later in the draft, getting Revis and swapping 1sts would certainly help this team more than just standing pat and picking someone like Joeckel.

Yep. Everyone is really underestimating the impact that a player like Revis has...Hell, just look at the Jets this year.

FloridaMan88
Bill Williamson looks like he's taking a painful dump in his ESPN.com headshot:

http://seasonsofdiscontent.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/1williamson_bill_m.jpg?w=500

CrazyPhuD
LOL isn't Revis about ready for retirement?

Plus what in the world do any of these people know about football. Defense doesn't win championships, QBs do. Defense for the most part, is next to irrelevant in football today.

The Franchise
Yep. Everyone is really underestimating the impact that a player like Revis has...Hell, just look at the Jets this year.

Revis was hurt last year.

suds79
02-25-2013, 02:51 PM

That and with how far they've come in surgury with ACLs, it's common for players to come back essentially the same guy as before.

It's not my 1st choice but if it's not QB #1?? It'd be my 2nd. "Yeah sure. Take the best CB in the game."

Bowser
02-25-2013, 02:52 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ishf9APq1qd4k1l.gif

keg in kc
jesus christ.

RyFo18
Revis was hurt last year.

Exactly my point.

Hammock Parties
In: Bowe, Alex Smith, Revis and a top rookie left tackle rookie.

Out: Albert and the No. 1 pick.

Looks OK to me

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdshmbg3Je1ro2d43.gif

RyFo18
That and with how far they've come in surgury with ACLs, it's common for players to come back essentially the same guy as before.

It's not my 1st choice but if it's not QB #1?? It'd be my 2nd. "Yeah sure. Take the best CB in the game."

Exactly. Like I said, after Geno, nobody would have more impact on this team.

The Franchise
Hmmm....and I wonder who the Jets would take with that #1 pick.

Geno fucking Smith.

bevischief
02-25-2013, 02:53 PM
:popcorn:

AndChiefs
02-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Royals should trade that pick for Janikowski. One can't underestimate the power of a strong legged kicker.

Molitoth
02-25-2013, 02:54 PM
The media would absolutely LOVE this... Geno would immediately be the media talk of the world and would be automatically the new best player in the draft.

Pepe Silvia
02-25-2013, 02:55 PM
http://favimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/animation-pretty-girl-gifs-celebrity-olivia-wilde-funny.gif

FloridaMan88
02-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Only way I could support this idea is if drafting at #9 (assuming a potential trade happens exactly how Williamson projects... Chiefs #1 for Revis + Jets #9) makes it more palatable for Dorsey/Reid to draft Geno.

If this increases the chances of Dorsey/Reid drafting Geno... then yes I support this crazy idea.

Of course problem with this is the Chiefs are risking another team taking Geno before #9.

notorious
02-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Jesus

Fucking

Christ

Sorter
02-25-2013, 02:57 PM
This is the worst idea in a long, sad history of bad ideas.

Fish
02-25-2013, 02:57 PM
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2277/dog20poop20funny20poo20.jpg

PaulAllen
02-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Geno will be gone by 9. Bank it.

suds79
02-25-2013, 03:01 PM
I think 90% of this board wants Geno 1st it seems.

That's not the argument. We're all on board.

But come on at some point you have to prepare yourself for the possibility that it's not going to happen. We hear little to no buzz at all about Geno being #1 overall worthy. Now I disagree but if that's the way it's going to be, might as well have a backup plan.

This is Champ Bailey being traded from the Redskins to Broncos all over again. He's available and going to be great for several years. Just depends who wants him.

Coogs
02-25-2013, 03:02 PM
So the Jets would get the number 1 pick.

Then the media would be all over Geno going #1 to the Jets. Franchise QB. Can't afford to pass him up!!!

Chiefs though... no QB worthy of #1. :shake:

Bowser
02-25-2013, 03:04 PM

But come on at some point you have to prepare yourself for the possibility that it's not going to happen. We hear little to no buzz at all about Geno being #1 overall worthy. Now I disagree but if that's the way it's going to be, might as well have a backup plan.

This is Champ Bailey being traded from the Redskins to Broncos all over again. He's available and going to be great for several years. Just depends who wants him.

The HUGE differences in your comparison is that 1) we're not letting Jamaal Charles go, or 2) Champ was not coming off a season where he wrecked his knee.

This whole idea can go fuck itself.

Molitoth
02-25-2013, 03:05 PM
So the Jets would get the number 1 pick.

Then the media would be all over Geno going #1 to the Jets. Franchise QB. Can't afford to pass him up!!!

Chiefs though... no QB worthy of #1. :shake:

The media would love us to pick a LT so we can continue to be irrelevant. Then when KC ever gets mentioned they can talk about BBQ and not how awesome our sports team is.

nychief
it is actually a good idea... but the Jets would not do it.

I guess he is suggesting we swap 1's and then throw in a later rnd pick?

This is a passing league, if you can get the best at the position and still grab another top 10 pick, you have had a great first day.

PRIEST
these guys are idiots

This:banghead:

PaulAllen
I dont have a problem with getting Revis, but not if its going to cost us the best QB in the draft. No thanks

siberian khatru
02-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Every time one of these stories pops up, I look at my wall calendar and see how ****ing long it is until April 25.

Hog's Gone Fishin
Welllllllll, corner is our 2nd biggest need, now if Reid decides Geno is not his target and he's in love with Barkley or Manuel now this could be a wonderful idea. Would the Jets take Geno ? Still got a QB possibly taken at 6,7 ?? After all, Revis would make our secondary totally fucking awesome. And I'd sure as hell rather do this than sit a #1 and tke Jokel

notorious
The guys saying the Geno would become an equal QB prospect to Luck and RGIII if the Jets drafted him are correct.

The media is just a steaming pile of shit.

Sorter

Champ wasn't coming off an ACL tear at 27. He also wasn't traded for the first pick in the draft.

Rasputin

Seriously? We would give up a franchise QB for a broke dick CB that may or may not last another 2 three years in the league. Is his ACL going hold up and his age. Fuck Revis this is a bad idea. This is nothing like the Chump Bailey trade.

notorious
02-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Let's tie up 11tybillion dollars at corner.

It makes complete sense.

suds79
The HUGE differences in your comparison is that 1) we're not letting Jamaal Charles go, or 2) Champ was not coming off a season where he wrecked his knee.

1) Right it's better. I'd rather swap 1st round picks than let Jamaal go.

2) Have you not watched ACL guys in the NFL the last 5 years??
Welker
AP
Jamaal
Berry
Moeaki

They're healthy. Revis is going to be back as the best CB in the game beginning next year and for the foreseeable future.

bowener
Only way I could support this idea is if drafting at #9 (assuming a potential trade happens exactly how Williamson projects... Chiefs #1 for Revis + Jets #9) makes it more palatable for Dorsey/Reid to draft Geno.

If this increases the chances of Dorsey/Reid drafting Geno... then yes I support this crazy idea.

Of course problem with this is the Chiefs are risking another team taking Geno before #9.

And they would draft Geno at #1 :banghead:

Sorter
Bill Williamson is a piece of shit anyways.

Rasputin
02-25-2013, 03:08 PM
The guys saying the Geno would become an equal QB prospect to Luck and RGIII if the Jets drafted him are correct.

The media is just a steaming pile of shit.

Any team that wants to trade up to #1 would only do it to draft Geno Smith.

King_Chief_Fan
wow....just wow

Coogs
Seriously? We would give up a franchise QB for a broke dick CB that may or may not last another 2 three years in the league. Is his ACL going hold up and his age. Fuck Revis this is a bad idea. This is nothing like the Chump Bailey trade.

How many Super Bowls has Denver won with Champ anyway?

For that matter, how many have the Jets won with Revis?

suds79
02-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Seriously? We would give up a franchise QB for a broke dick CB that may or may not last another 2 three years in the league. Is his ACL going hold up and his age. **** Revis this is a bad idea. This is nothing like the Chump Bailey trade.

Feel like I have to preface this again... I would not pass on drafting Geno #1. I can't say that clearly enough.

But I don't get to make that decision. I'm saying if the Chiefs are not going to draft Geno, what would you rather they do?

Draft Joeckel? That's worse.

And Revis will be fine. Again, just look at the recent success of guys coming back from ACLs. People talking about Revis being broken are reminding me a lot of the several fans here who either didn't (or didn't want to) believe Peyton would be back.

patteeu
02-25-2013, 03:09 PM
I'm shocked at the reaction to this idea. I can understand liking some ideas better, especially if you've fallen in love with Geno Smith, but this is a pretty good alternative, IMO. Of course, I haven't gone all Sanchez/Clausen on Geno Smith like most of you have.

Molitoth
02-25-2013, 03:10 PM
I'm shocked at the reaction to this idea. I can understand liking some ideas better, especially if you've fallen in love with Geno Smith, but this is a pretty good alternative, IMO. Of course, I haven't gone all Sanchez/Clausen on Geno Smith like most of you have.

Then again, your Chiefs takes are terrible. Back to DC for you.

mnchiefsguy
I think Bill Williamson is on his XBOX too much, this sounds like a Madden 13 trade.

Titty Meat
I bet people on here think Brandon Carr is better than Revis.

notorious
Any team that wants to trade up to #1 would only do it to draft Geno Smith.

Well, of course.

I hate how the media changes their takes depending on the team.

Geno + Chiefs = Reach bound to fail

Geno + Jets = Great pick with a Superbowl appearance possible in 3 years

the Talking Can
02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
basically anything that involves us not drafting a QB is interesting to some Chiefs fans...

"the Chiefs should trade their #1 for all the nacho cheese in the world..."

"yeah!...think of FA's we could sign if we had all the nacho cheese in the world to offer as a signing bonus...plus maybe still draft some OL!"

suds79
02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
How many Super Bowls has Denver won with Champ anyway?

It's really simple.

Would you rather have Joeckel or the #9 & Revis.

I know, I know. You don't like either. But the question still stands.

patteeu
02-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Then again, your Chiefs takes are terrible. Back to DC for you.

I don't fit in with the cult of Geno, that's for sure.

Sorter
I'd love to trade 1.1 for a guy coming off an ACL tear, is 27, and was raped repeatedly by Stevie Fucking Johnson.

Brilliant.

siberian khatru

I would prefer to spend my cap dollars on pass-rushers, not CBs. We have a good No. 1 CB already; we need a solid No. 2 to complement him. Revis is an expensive luxury. IMO, you don't need a gold-plated secondary to win, you need a fearsome pass rush.

saphojunkie

Then your opinion is dogshit.

Lex Luthor
02-25-2013, 03:13 PM

Ya think?

RyFo18
I bet people on here think Brandon Carr is better than Revis.

I will not accept your bet.

Revis would instantly be the best player on the Chiefs. No offense Jamaal, DJ, Hali, Houston, Flowers...

Molitoth
So what has Revis shown since his giant contract? Speaking of, what is left on that contract for the Chiefs to pick up?

saphojunkie
I'd love to trade 1.1 for a guy coming off an ACL tear, is 27, and was raped repeatedly by Stevie ****ing Johnson.

Brilliant.

Don't forget that he has sat out in contract disputes, we already have one HIGHLY paid cornerback, and there are legitimate, starting CBs available in free agency.

This is ****ing retarded.

For **** sake, Nnamdi Asomugha is likely a FREE ****ING AGENT and would cost zero draft picks, as well as the fact that our head coach knows him.

In58men
02-25-2013, 03:14 PM
God damn people are fucking stupid.

nychief
Then your opinion is dogshit.

Good talk.

patteeu
I would prefer to spend my cap dollars on pass-rushers, not CBs. We have a good No. 1 CB already; we need a solid No. 2 to complement him. Revis is an expensive luxury. IMO, you don't need a gold-plated secondary to win, you need a fearsome pass rush.

That's reasonable.

Blah
We can trade down, as long as it means we still get Geno Smith. We can't trade to any team that is going to select a QB. That means no Jets, end of story.

Lex Luthor
If Darrelle Revis came here and played well, he would demand to renegotiate his contract and hold out of training camp the following season until he became the highest paid player in NFL history.

It's his nature. It's his history.

No thanks.

FRCDFED
02-25-2013, 03:15 PM
If the Jets want to trade then they can give up the #9 this year along with their 2nd rounder plus a first rounder in 2014. Keep Broke Revis and give up the extra #1!!

the Talking Can
02-25-2013, 03:16 PM
we should trade our #1 for a conditional "player injured in the future"...

whenever some team loses a player to an acl injury, or a blown sphincter, we automagically acquire his rights...

Molitoth
Due up tomorrow::

The Chiefs should trade it's entire draft for Nnamdi Asmoausdoaufah.

He's got Reid TIES !!!!

saphojunkie
Good talk.

Glad we could communicate.

RyFo18
02-25-2013, 03:17 PM
I'd love to trade 1.1 for a guy coming off an ACL tear, is 27, and was raped repeatedly by Stevie ****ing Johnson.

Brilliant.

And has repeatedly shut down everyone else.

Even Richard Sherman agreed Stevie is probably the hardest to cover man to man.

I asked Sherman that question, and he believes that Johnson is given more freedom than any other receiver to change his route and get open. If Sherman lines up outside, Johnson runs an in-breaking route, if he lines up inside, he works outside, always away from the leverage of the corner, making it virtually impossible to stop. That holds up when looking at the tape, and you will see the Bills isolate Johnson to one side more than most receivers, giving him the freedom and space to improvise without worrying about crowding one area of the field or leading the quarterback into another defensive back he isn’t looking for.

Source (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/19/analysis-notebook-week-15-2/)

ChiefsCountry
8-8, thats the goal clearly.

saphojunkie
Due up tomorrow::

The Chiefs should trade it's entire draft for Nnamdi Asmoausdoaufah.

He's got Reid TIES !!!!

I'd take Asomugha in free agency over trading for Revis any day of the week and a brazillian times on Sunday.

the Talking Can
why don't we just avoid risk and give the pick away...

then trade the rest of the draft for Alex Smith

FloridaMan88
02-25-2013, 03:18 PM
And they would draft Geno at #1 :banghead:

Correct.

saphojunkie
02-25-2013, 03:18 PM
And has repeatedly shut down everyone else.

Even Richard Sherman agreed Stevie is probably the hardest to cover man to man. I believe he said it was because Stevie makes up his routes on the go.

Are you seriously bringing Richard Sherman into the conversation in an attempt to DEFEND darrelle revis?

chiefsfan1128
02-25-2013, 03:20 PM
"They might have to get creative to make it a positive situation"?

The number one pick in the NFL draft is a negative/bad situation to be in?
Obviously the process of getting it is, but the article actually seems to be saying having the number one pick is a bad situation for the Chiefs.

????????

suds79
02-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Man the meltdown if we don't draft Geno will be huge. I mean we all knew that but man, just the suggestion of another idea when it at this point appears to not going to happen and there's posts left & right.

#&*#*%& 2$*(&#$!!! :cuss::cuss:

It's a backup plan folks in case they decide to pass on Geno. (Very clear how we feel on that. That's not the topic)

It's essentially this idea or Joeckel is the question.

RyFo18
02-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Are you seriously bringing Richard Sherman into the conversation in an attempt to DEFEND darrelle revis?

I'll just assume that you incorrectly don't agree that Sherman was the top cover CB in the league last year.

saphojunkie
02-25-2013, 03:25 PM
I'll just assume that you incorrectly don't agree that Sherman was the top cover CB in the league last year.

Way to completely miss the point.

Saul Good
02-25-2013, 03:27 PM
So we let Carr walk and are now supposed to trade the top pick in the draft for a CB coming off a major injury?

That makes sense.

Jets: Hey KC...you know what you guys need? A great CB.

KC: Nah man, we need a QB.

Jets: No way. You really need the BEST CB in the game. That's WAY better than a QB. We'll trade you Revis for your pick.

KC: Well, who would you take with the pick you got for the best CB in the league?

Jets: A QB. Why do you ask?

RyFo18
In 3 games in 2012, QBs had a passer rating of 6.3 when throwing in Revis' direction. In 2011, QBs had a passer rating of 45.6.

QBs had a passer rating of 41.1 when throwing in Sherman's direction this year.

Yeah, it'd really suck to have a guy that completely shut down a team's passing attack on the other side of Brandon Flowers. Add in to the mix two Pro Bowl pass rushers...

Coogs
Don't get me wrong. I have been a Chiefs fan through some of the best secondary's in the history of the NFL. One of the best O-lines too! Some damn fine defenses. Several great RB's. And on and on. But very few great QB's. Fortunately, or unfortunately maybe, I am old enough to have seen it all come together a couple of times back in the 1960's.

I'm all in on QB with 1.1. If that QB does not pan out, then we get another one. Keep trying until we have that guy.

RealSNR
We got rid of Carr because no team can supposedly afford to have two $50 million CBs at once.

So we get rid of Carr so we can trade for a guy who will command MORE than $50 to play CB?

Get it?

suds79
02-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Don't get me wrong. I have been a Chiefs fan through some of the best secondary's in the history of the NFL. One of the best O-lines too! Some damn fine defenses. Several great RB's. And on and on. But very few great QB's. Fortunately, or unfortunately maybe, I am old enough to have seen it all come together a couple of times back in the 1960's.

I'm all in on QB with 1.1. If that QB does not pan out, then we get another one. Keep trying until we have that guy.

Agreed this makes sense. But what would you like to see the Chiefs do if they decided not to go QB with 1.1?

That's the question.

RockChalk
02-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Bill Williamson should be fired for this article alone

duncan_idaho
02-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Agreed this makes sense. But what would you like to see the Chiefs do if they decided not to go QB with 1.1?

That's the question.

If I'm not watching anymore, I can't see it, right?

If they don't draft a QB by the time No. 34 is off the table, the Chiefs are going to have to prove it worked to me before I pay attention again.

duncan_idaho
02-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Also, I would just like to say:

Fvck you Scott *****, you cheap, arrogant motherfvcker. Fvck you for worrying too much about Brandon Flower's feelings if Brandon Carr got a bigger deal than him, and fvck you for hoarding cap space like you got to keep the difference (oh, wait).

If the Chiefs retain Carr like they easily could have and should have, this is not even on the table.

So fvck you, Scott Pioli. I hope you have sons, beautiful tall, strong sons. And their legs get taken away from them. I will put that evil on you.

patteeu
02-25-2013, 03:37 PM
We got rid of Carr because no team can supposedly afford to have two $50 million CBs at once.

So we get rid of Carr so we can trade for a guy who will command MORE than $50 to play CB?

Get it?

I don't think they got rid of Carr to make room for a more expensive alternative. I do think we've seen that getting rid of Carr turned out to be a mistake.

Get it?

The Franchise
02-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Also, I would just like to say:

Fvck you Scott *****, you cheap, arrogant motherfvcker. Fvck you for worrying too much about Brandon Flower's feelings if Brandon Carr got a bigger deal than him, and fvck you for hoarding cap space like you got to keep the difference (oh, wait).

If the Chiefs retain Carr like they easily could have and should have, this is not even on the table.

So fvck you, Scott *****. I hope you have sons, beautiful tall, strong sons. And their legs get taken away from them. I will put that evil on you.

Quit bypassing the filter.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-25-2013, 03:38 PM
We just need to get Manziel when he comes out. Can he declare next year ??

Red Dawg
02-25-2013, 03:39 PM
WE NEED A QB NAMED GENO SMITH! NOT REVIS! WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO PLAY QB IF WE EVEN TRY THIS?

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-25-2013, 03:40 PM
WE NEED A QB NAMED GENO SMITH! NOT REVIS! WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO PLAY QB IF WE EVEN TRY THIS?

Barkley,Glennon,Manuel or Wilson. Why ?

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 03:43 PM
ROFL

Trading a 4th for Alex Smith sounds like a stroke of pure GENIUS next to this POS article.

Trade the #1 for Revis?

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Barkley,Glennon,Manuel or Wilson. Why ?

Barkley, ok.

The rest? NO.

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 03:45 PM

That's the question.

If the Chiefs don't go QB at 1.1, I likely won't give 2 shits what they do at the QB position.

DTLB58
02-25-2013, 03:47 PM

Completely agree. When I first read it, I was like the rest of you. But then we he said we would get the Jets 1st rd pick 9 overall, who knows Geno might still be there or Barkley or if they have the mind set of LT then one of the other top guys.

Now this is only IF the brain trust is considering NOT going QB to begin with.

duncan_idaho
02-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Quit bypassing the filter.

Lost it for a minute there. It's been that kind of day.

Chief_For_Life58
02-25-2013, 03:49 PM
This trade would have the 2nd most impact on this team, next to drafting Geno.

this.

Setsuna
02-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Yall get disrespected about as much as the Jags.

The Franchise
02-25-2013, 03:53 PM

I'd just like you to know that douche B14ckmon has caused to me appreciate you as a poster.

I hate myself.

Molitoth
02-25-2013, 03:53 PM

Want to know the difference between the Jags and Chiefs?

The Jags have tried to develop their own QB's. Eventually it's going to work out for them and when it does, just send your washed up backup to Kansas City. We will love him here.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Clark Hunt's rectum must have no bottom.

Molitoth
02-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Clark Hunt's rectum must have no bottom.

Kansas City is Clark Hunts Prolapse playground.

DTLB58
02-25-2013, 03:59 PM
basically anything that involves us not drafting a QB is interesting to some Chiefs fans...

"the Chiefs should trade their #1 for all the nacho cheese in the world..."

"yeah!...think of FA's we could sign if we had all the nacho cheese in the world to offer as a signing bonus...plus maybe still draft some OL!"

You aren't listening or reading in this case. Everyone that is saying okay, this might work is first saying IF the Chiefs are NOT going to draft a QB with the #1 pick and are spending it on a LT anyways we might as well get something more for the pick. Get Revis and see who is sitting there at the #9 spot.
People aren't saying, yea it's a good idea, if the Chiefs are already considering Geno, make this trade instead.

They are considering different scenarios.

WildTurkey
02-25-2013, 04:00 PM
I'd just like you to know that douche B14ckmon has caused to me appreciate you as a poster.

I hate myself.

I was just thinking the same thing.. I am ashamed

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Completely agree. When I first read it, I was like the rest of you. But then we he said we would get the Jets 1st rd pick 9 overall, who knows Geno might still be there or Barkley or if they have the mind set of LT then one of the other top guys.

Now this is only IF the brain trust is considering NOT going QB to begin with.

Or Barkley and Geno might BOTH be gone and we're looking at using the #9 pick on LUKE JOECKEL.

We have COMPLETE CONTROL over our draft. I'm not giving that up for Revis, for a 1st round pick next year, or anything else like that.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Do we really need Revis for Manning, Rivers and Palmer? Hell Revis should come here for the washed up pickfest, for free.

philfree
02-25-2013, 04:04 PM
I didn't read it but here's what I blurted out when I read the title.

PhilFree:"Stupid muther fucker"!

RealSNR
02-25-2013, 04:04 PM
We just need to get Manziel when he comes out. Can he declare next year ??

No. But that should make for pretty good timing. Stanzi will be done with his rookie contract, and Reid will probably be sick of Alex Tanney by then. Manziel in the 7th round should cover our 3rd string QB needs adequately for the next few years after that.

DTLB58
02-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Man the meltdown if we don't draft Geno will be huge. I mean we all knew that but man, just the suggestion of another idea when it at this point appears to not going to happen and there's posts left & right.

#&*#*%& 2$*(&#$!!! :cuss::cuss:

It's a backup plan folks in case they decide to pass on Geno. (Very clear how we feel on that. That's not the topic)

It's essentially this idea or Joeckel is the question.

Somebody you gets what I see. :thumb:

RealSNR
02-25-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't think they got rid of Carr to make room for a more expensive alternative. I do think we've seen that getting rid of Carr turned out to be a mistake.

Get it?

They got rid of Carr to save money. Most of us on CP saw it coming as soon as Flowers got his fat deal. Carr would command a near equal deal, and it was determined that no team could afford to pay TWO corners like that.

So what are we doing now? Why is the Revis deal any different?

Rasputin
Threads like this make me want to give up hope on humanity.

Threads like this makes Chiefs Planet dumber for the thought.

Threads like this make me want to kick kittens and slap babies and club baby seals.

BigMeatballDave
Holy shit, what a fucking moron.

RyFo18
02-25-2013, 04:09 PM
They got rid of Carr to save money. Most of us on CP saw it coming as soon as Flowers got his fat deal. Carr would command a near equal deal, and it was determined that no team could afford to pay TWO corners like that.

So what are we doing now? Why is the Revis deal any different?

Well for one Revis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carr. That's my only reason.

It is a lot of money to commit to a 27-year old CB coming off of ACL surgery. But look at guys like Woodson and Bailey (36 and 34).

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Woodson does have a ring. BUt I believe he was on the bench injured.

RealSNR
02-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Woodson does have a ring. BUt I believe he was on the bench injured.

Right before halftime. He played half of the Super Bowl.

O.city
02-25-2013, 04:27 PM
If they dont' want Geno at 1, this is better than taking an OL.

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2013, 04:29 PM
I hate everything and everybody

Rasputin
02-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Am pissed the Mayans were wrong.

Bewbies
02-25-2013, 04:33 PM
It's amazing how many sportswriters who cover the NFL have no idea on how a team is built, or how winners draft.

For people whose lives revolve around the NFL, they sure dont study or think...

suds79
02-25-2013, 04:33 PM
If they dont' want Geno at 1, this is better than taking an OL.

Yep. Same.

Now I've posed the Q to some people here that "what if they decide to pass on Geno. What do you want them to do?" and I'm getting a lot of "I don't care anymore then." answers. And that's fine. Everybody has their breaking point. This wouldn't be it for me.

I was at that point when I thought they were going to retain Scott.

Setsuna
02-25-2013, 04:37 PM

I hate myself.
:grouphug:

I was just thinking the same thing.. I am ashamed
ROFL :thumb:

Feels good doesn't it? Basque in the shame. Let it wash over and envelop you like when you were in your mother's womb. Creepy isn't it? LMAO

BossChief
02-25-2013, 04:46 PM
They would have to do two things for me to be interested in Revis...

1) sign him and give him a signing bonus that they pay and stays on their books..make it to where we could ave him on a reasonable contract.
2) give up next years first AND this years first and second or third.

Basically, there is no way I'd be on board with this.

Frosty
02-25-2013, 04:49 PM
You can get a decent corner anywhere. Carr was a 5th round pick as was Richard Sherman. Brandon Browner was a cast off from Canada. There is no reason to spend what amounts to a high 1st round pick on a #2 corner.

saphojunkie
02-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Well for one Revis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carr. That's my only reason.

It is a lot of money to commit to a 27-year old CB coming off of ACL surgery. But look at guys like Woodson and Bailey (36 and 34).

Or I could look at guys like DRC, Sean Smith, and Nnamdi Asomugha who would cost less, be just absolutely fine as a CB2, and we could still draft a QB first overall.

Oh, and none of them tore their ACL last year.

OR I could just draft a 21 year old cornerback in the second round.

In my opinion, the Chiefs should have an absolutely hard and fast rule that they don't trade down below the Raiders. If the Raiders trade to tenth overall, fine, then I am open to trading down to 9. You cannot lose your guy to a division rival. period.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2013, 04:55 PM
I could see a situation where Williamson fucks himself none too gently with a flaming AIDS tree, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Warrior5
02-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Piss on Revis.

Piss on Williamson for suggesting this.

And piss on the guy who actually pays Williamson to write such stupidity.

RyFo18
02-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Or I could look at guys like DRC, Sean Smith, and Nnamdi Asomugha who would cost less, be just absolutely fine as a CB2, and we could still draft a QB first overall.

Oh, and none of them tore their ACL last year.

OR I could just draft a 21 year old cornerback in the second round.

In my opinion, the Chiefs should have an absolutely hard and fast rule that they don't trade down below the Raiders. If the Raiders trade to tenth overall, fine, then I am open to trading down to 9. You cannot lose your guy to a division rival. period.

You're really underrating Revis and the impact he has on the field. He's on a different level than all of those guys.

QBs had a 120.6 rating when throwing against Asomugha last year. :thumb:

85.1 vs. Sean Smith.

87.7 vs DRC.

Revis by year:
'08 - 59.1
'09 - 29.1
'10 - 77.4
'11 - 45.6
'12 (2 games) - 6.3

There's a difference between being a decent CB and shutting down 95% of the WRs that face you. If the Chiefs got Revis, they would have one of the scariest defenses in the league.

Shaid
02-25-2013, 05:42 PM
wow, just wow.

These guys get paid for this shit.

mlyonsd
02-25-2013, 05:43 PM
wow, just wow.

These guys get paid for this shit.
This.

TribalElder
02-25-2013, 05:43 PM
HERP DERP

penbrook
02-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Tj Carpenter@TjCarpenterWHB

*YES! The Chiefs like Geno Smith. A LOT. they were more impressed by him than any orher QB at the combine

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Tj Carpenter@TjCarpenterWHB

*YES! The Chiefs like Geno Smith. A LOT. they were more impressed by him than any orher QB at the combine

SWEET MERCIFUL PENII, WE AWAIT THEE!
Posted via Mobile Device

Psyko Tek
02-25-2013, 06:03 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ishf9APq1qd4k1l.gif

THIS
Ithe only CB I would trade for is carr
and send the bill to scooter

KCFalcon59
02-25-2013, 06:05 PM
If the Chiefs don't draft Geno #1, I believe the Jags will take him #2

DaFace
02-25-2013, 06:07 PM
I suspect many of you aren't reading the article. He's not suggesting we trade the #1 for Revis and be done with it - he's suggesting we swap Round 1 picks for Revis. Based on the draft value chart, that's the equivalent of about the #6 pick (and that's probably being generous given the lack of a solid #1 talent).

Not saying that I'm all for it, but it's not near as bad of an idea as some of you are acting like it is.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2013, 06:10 PM
I can also envision a situation whereby Williamson beats himself full-retard with a syphilis-hammer.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 06:12 PM
I suspect many of you aren't reading the article. He's not suggesting we trade the #1 for Revis and be done with it - he's suggesting we swap Round 1 picks for Revis. Based on the draft value chart, that's the equivalent of about the #6 pick (and that's probably being generous given the lack of a solid #1 talent).

Not saying that I'm all for it, but it's not near as bad of an idea as some of you are acting like it is.

So we trade back to #9, Geno goes to the Raiders, Barkley to the Cards, and Glennon to the Bills. Then what?

Any "plan" that leaves us in jeopardy of not getting a QB just isn't an acceptable "plan".

DaFace
02-25-2013, 06:20 PM
So we trade back to #9, Geno goes to the Raiders, Barkley to the Cards, and Glennon to the Bills. Then what?

Any "plan" that leaves us in jeopardy of not getting a QB just isn't an acceptable "plan".

If they're worried about that, then no, it's a stupid idea. Outside this forum, though, it's not a given that any of those three guys will be gone in the first 8 picks, let alone all three of them.

CaliforniaChief
02-25-2013, 06:28 PM
I see what DaFace is saying, and I agree with it.

If Dorsey doesn't think anything of any of the QB's in terms of being a franchise QB and the Jets would be willing to swap first's for Revis, it's worth at least thinking about.

You get potentially two shutdown corners, are still picking in the top 10, and you're ready to roll.

But if you think Geno Smith is a franchise QB, you pick him at #1...period.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Defer to the professionals!!!!!

These guys get paid for this crap.

RyFo18
02-25-2013, 06:30 PM
There was a team heading in to 2011 that was coming off of 8 straight .500 or less seasons and no playoff appearances during that stretch. They had just fired a defensive minded head coach that coached teams that significantly underperformed.

They chose the best player in the draft at #7, traded up to get their QB in round 2, and started a maligned quarterback that had struggled w/ the franchise for 5 of those seasons. This team went 13-3 in 2011 and fumbled away an opportunity to play in the Super Bowl on a muffed punt.

Geno would be great, everyone. But this is exactly why I'm not going all jump off the cliff if the organization does not choose him. A scenario like this (acquiring Revis and #9 for #1), if the organization doesn't feel there is a QB at #1, would be the best case scenario.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2013, 06:31 PM

I don't like it one bit, but if they are sold on not taking a QB in the 1st, it would beat taking Jekyll. Again I'd probably be too pissed to care, but it would make more sense than drafting Dough Boy.

patteeu
02-25-2013, 06:33 PM

Clever troll. ;)

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 06:35 PM
If they're worried about that, then no, it's a stupid idea. Outside this forum, though, it's not a given that any of those three guys will be gone in the first 8 picks, let alone all three of them.

I visit a few "team agnostic" draftnik boards and the opinions there mirror here.

This prevailing attitude that only 1 or 2 QBs will go in the 1st round isn't popular amongst the fans with a higher football acumen.

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 06:36 PM
There was a team heading in to 2011 that was coming off of 8 straight .500 or less seasons and no playoff appearances during that stretch. They had just fired a defensive minded head coach that coached teams that significantly underperformed.

They chose the best player in the draft at #7, traded up to get their QB in round 2, and started a maligned quarterback that had struggled w/ the franchise for 5 of those seasons. This team went 13-3 in 2011 and fumbled away an opportunity to play in the Super Bowl on a muffed punt.

Geno would be great, everyone. But this is exactly why I'm not going all jump off the cliff if the organization does not choose him. A scenario like this (acquiring Revis and #9 for #1), if the organization doesn't feel there is a QB at #1, would be the best case scenario.

If this franchise doesn't feel that Geno is worth the #1 pick, they've failed at properly evaluating QBs. Simple as that.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm Geno or bust at this point. ALL IN.

BlackHelicopters
02-25-2013, 06:40 PM
What?

KC native
02-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Bill Williamson is a mouth breathing fat ass retard. Fuck him. Fuck him right in the ear.

Coogs
02-25-2013, 06:53 PM

That's the question.

I don't know if I am ready to answer that just yet. I didn't suffer through 2-14 with Gus and Quinn to just have any different line of thinking for 1.1.

And I have never bought into the reason we were 2-14 goes far beyond the QB position either.

I'm all in. And as of right now Geno appears to be the best candidate. From the numbers he posted yesterday he appears to be the best by a country mile.

I am willing to draft Geno, and have Geno not pan out.

However, I am not willing to take any other player in the NFL... or draft with our 1.1, and have Geno pan out in some other city.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Payoff Poili, Crennel and his crew. Sign Dorsey, Reid and his crew. Re-sign Bowe and Albert then pay Islands of money Revis....not ****ing likely.

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2013, 07:00 PM

ANYTHING ELSE IS FAILURE

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2013, 07:02 PM
ANYTHING ELSE IS FAILURE

Unless it's Thigpen!!!!!!

Pitt Gorilla
02-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Good Lord no.

Pitt Gorilla
02-25-2013, 07:11 PM
ROFLROFLI could see a situation where Williamson ****s himself none too gently with a flaming AIDS tree, yes.
Posted via Mobile DeviceROFL. Awesome.

HotCarl
02-25-2013, 07:27 PM
This has to be the dumbest scenario yet

notorious
02-25-2013, 07:43 PM

"At this point"? You have been all in since the beginning. LMAO

Not hating, I just hope you are right!

notorious
02-25-2013, 07:44 PM
This has to be the dumbest scenario yet

The media has to inject the Jets into the spotlight somehow.

HotCarl
02-25-2013, 07:47 PM
The media has to inject the Jets into the spotlight somehow.

They were slapping Sanchez with the riding crop long after it was apparent to non-east-coasters that that horse was meant for the glue factory

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2013, 07:49 PM
"At this point"? You have been all in since the beginning. LMAO

Not hating, I just hope you are right!

;)

Consistent1
02-25-2013, 07:52 PM
If they are getting Alex Smith, that would be a pretty fine trade. Who is the main problem in the division now? Yep, Denver. Through Revis in there and it becomes a little easier to stop. I think this team can turn around pretty quickly. As for all the Carr stuff, that dude was gone. Not coming back.

tk13
02-25-2013, 07:58 PM
This might be the worst idea ever proposed in the history of football.

DaFace
02-25-2013, 08:01 PM
I visit a few "team agnostic" draftnik boards and the opinions there mirror here.

This prevailing attitude that only 1 or 2 QBs will go in the 1st round isn't popular amongst the fans with a higher football acumen.

And if that's the case, I've got no argument.

Bowser
02-25-2013, 08:04 PM
If they are getting Alex Smith, that would be a pretty fine trade. Who is the main problem in the division now? Yep, Denver. Through Revis in there and it becomes a little easier to stop. I think this team can turn around pretty quickly. As for all the Carr stuff, that dude was gone. Not coming back.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9m2ocyiy61qerq7wo1_400.gif

Cannibal
02-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Bill Williamson, Peter King, Mike Mayock and Matt Miller.

They ALL need their dicks eaten by rabid wolverines.

This LMAO

Rasputin
02-25-2013, 08:08 PM

fuck you.

this is dumb.

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Smiff isn't the type of QB that scores 35+ points a game. We need a QB that can give us TDs Alex Smiff is not that quarterback. Draft our own QB like Geno Smith and we can start building a championship team.

We need our own QB from the draft and would be nice to get him with our first pick so we don't have to worry about it any more.

Molitoth
02-25-2013, 08:21 PM
I feel like going on a neg repping spree, but I'm too nice.

AussieChiefsFan
02-25-2013, 08:22 PM

Sorter
02-25-2013, 08:41 PM
I feel like going on a neg repping spree, but I'm too nice.

I don't have anything to do tomorrow, so I'll probably go crazy later tonight.

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Unless it's Thigpen!!!!!!

GENO OR THIGGY OR BUST

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2013, 08:58 PM
You have to go back to 1937 to find Mayock an original thought, and to find Williamson a football notion even more antiquated and sucktacular than this one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cannibal
02-25-2013, 09:06 PM
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0055/0572/files/Azure_Swimwear_Club_lexington_columbia_sc_designer_tyler_thigpen_sports_illustrated_swimsuit_large.j pg?100329

Dave Lane
02-25-2013, 09:22 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrdoqjrELh1r2hybuo1_500.gif

Dave Lane
02-25-2013, 09:23 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrdom0klFy1r2hybuo1_400.gif

Direckshun
02-25-2013, 09:25 PM
YOU WHAT THEY SHOULD DO

TRADE MULTIPLE PICKS TO THE 49ERS FOR ALEX SMITH

THAT SOUNDS PRODUCTIVE

Hammock Parties
02-25-2013, 09:29 PM
ALEEEEEEEEEX SMITH MUST DIYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIEIEIEEEEEEEEEE

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2013, 09:29 PM
YOU WHAT THEY SHOULD DO

TRADE MULTIPLE PICKS TO THE 49ERS FOR ALEX SMITH

THAT SOUNDS PRODUCTIVE

LET'S TRADE THIS YEAR'S #1 AND EVERY #1 FOR THE NEXT DECADE FOR ALEX SMITH'S POOP

Cannibal
02-25-2013, 09:32 PM
LET'S TRADE THIS YEAR'S #1 AND EVERY #1 FOR THE NEXT DECADE FOR ALEX SMITH'S POOP

http://www.cleontech.com/services/images/upgrade.jpg

Dayze
02-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Is this guy fucking serious?

ptlyon
02-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Is this guy ****ing serious?

Hes a titanic twat

crossbow
02-26-2013, 09:21 AM
I have a better idea... just draft Geno and fugget about it.

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 09:22 AM
I have a better idea... just draft Geno and fugget about it.

Well said.

HemiEd
02-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Well he did get this part right.

Simply letting Albert walk and drafting Joeckel would not be taking advantage of having the top pick and it wouldn’t necessarily make the Chiefs better.

Two of their top 5 picks, have already been pretty much a waste. They go years, drafting in the middle, due to mediocrity, then when they draft at the top they waste it. The life of a Chiefs fan.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-26-2013, 09:29 AM
So, they mock us Teo he goes full retard. They mock us Star, he has a heart condition. They mock us Jekyll and he shows at the combine the doughy bastard that he is. Geno is destiny.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Two Top 5 picks on 3-4 ends and one on a maybe push replacing your old LT. That's not how you build a Super Bowl winner folks.

htismaqe
So, they mock us Teo he goes full retard. They mock us Star, he has a heart condition. They mock us Jekyll and he shows at the combine the doughy bastard that he is. Geno is destiny.

We gotta wait for some dirt to come out on Milliner first. And I'm sure they'll find another crutch even then...

It's hilarious actually. The desperation of these idiots to find anybody that isn't a QB to give to the Chiefs.

htismaqe
The life of a Chiefs fan.

On the bright side, about 60 days from it being over, either way.

HemiEd
02-26-2013, 09:37 AM
On the bright side, about 60 days from it being over, either way.

Yep, what they do is pretty much going to dictate my future interest and dedication to this team.

Do you honestly think this fan base is up to supporting the growth and maturing of a rookie QB?

Do you think ownership/management will hang in there, and put up with the downside/true fan unrest, long enough for the kid to be successful?

That is my concern, as ownership/management has proven in the past (small sample granted) that they won't. They have wanted wins now, or what they feel is the best chance to win each and every Sunday, instead of long term success.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2013, 10:12 AM

the TANK(!) stopped for no one and niether will the Choco-Penii Bullet Train of destiny!
Posted via Mobile Device