PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So, are we stupid or are we brainwashed?

keg in kc
02-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Just turned-on WHB in the car on the way home from Target, and...man-oh-man.

I haven't listened to sports talk in months. At the time I thought the callers couldn't possibly grow more inane. Boy was I wrong. First caller I heard "geno smith isn't any good, draft luke jockel!". Second caller "alex smith is awesome!". Third caller "i'm a nick foles guy, swap firsts with philly, he's better than geno!" Fourth caller was a random rant on Texas by a missouri homer. Fifth caller was another "alex smith is awesome!" guy.

We really are the minority here. Good lord.

Molitoth
02-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Yes we are. I was listening to those calls too and it just really upsets me. I can barely take this anymore. Our retarded fanbase spoils the Chiefs for more almost more than they do.

Bowser
02-25-2013, 02:59 PM
We covered this in another thread last night. It's bad. Sports talk fans in this town are uneducated in the very sports they watch. Any buffoon that goes on to ESPN with a talking point gets parroted on sports talk here.

Unlistenable.

Hammock Parties
02-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Dumbest fan base in sports.

Johnny Vegas
02-25-2013, 03:04 PM
stirring the pot, they are. ratings are the bottom line. more stupid shit the better.

notorious
02-25-2013, 03:04 PM
No arguing here.

CP has become the last place in which somewhat smart football is discussed.

DeezNutz
02-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Heard this, too. And that first caller was an advocate of trading back into the first round to select someone like Barkley.

Trading back into the first is, without question, the absolute depths of stupidity when it comes to draft value and analysis. Anyone that suggests this as a viable plan knows absolutely nothing about the draft or, likely, football more generally.

keg in kc
02-25-2013, 03:06 PM
stirring the pot, they are. ratings are the bottom line. more stupid shit the better.What I heard was call in's, just giving people rope to hang themselves, not really any stirring the pot.

The funniest part was that the hosts sounded like they were trying really hard not to tell them all how stupid they were.

Mi_chief_fan
02-25-2013, 03:07 PM
I heard a guy earlier say the chiefs need to fix the o-line, re-sign Albert, Draft Joeckel & move him to guard. He rambled on, but I stopped paying attention after that. I think I could almost hear Petro :doh!:

Bowser
02-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Heard this, too. And that first caller was an advocate of trading back into the first round to select someone like Barkley.

Trading back into the first is, without question, the absolute depths of stupidity when it comes to draft value and analysis. Anyone that suggests this as a viable plan knows absolutely nothing about the draft or, likely, football more generally.

To further your point (and get your personal ire up further), I remember Royals callers last year saying we couldn't afford to bench Dyson due to his speed.

I listen to this crap while at work when I can stomach it, and there have been days that I've wondered if my insurance would cover spork removal from my ears.

The Franchise
02-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Chiefsplanet is Zion.

Molitoth
02-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Jake would fit in nicely on CP.
Who was the other host filling in today? Seaboldt? The dude is a brain, but his Chiefs takes are absolute garbage.

In58men
02-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Anyone who thinks Alex Smith is remotely good is a dumbass and should be shot.

Direckshun
02-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Cognitive dissonance.

DeezNutz
02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
To further your point (and get your personal ire up further), I remember Royals callers last year saying we couldn't afford to bench Dyson due to his speed.

I listen to this crap while at work when I can stomach it, and there have been days that I've wondered if my insurance would cover spork removal from my ears.

Yeah, whenever you can get a sub-par defensive outfielder with shit instincts and literally no power in the lineup, you have to make that move.

Rasputin
I hate myself for being a Chiefs fan.

Molitoth
Anyone who thinks Alex Smith is remotely good is a dumbass and should be shot.

Kansas City Population:

bevischief
02-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Both.

notorious
02-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Did any of us think about the downside of picking #1?

This is almost painful.

Hammock Parties
02-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Chiefsplanet is Zion.

This means someone here has to DIE for us to win the Super Bowl.

keg in kc
02-25-2013, 03:14 PM
This means someone here has to DIE for us to win the Super Bowl.You brought it up. You're volunteered. Congrats!

notorious
02-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Does it have to be just one?

keg in kc
02-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Bowser, lol. I thought I'd hit a speed bump in the space-time continuum there.

shitgoose
02-25-2013, 03:18 PM
We are the bill williamson of fanbases

Bowser
Bowser, lol. I thought I'd hit a speed bump in the space-time continuum there.

Heh, I have no idea what that was. I blame DaFace.

duncan_idaho
It's killing me today.

Quotes from other boards/Chiefs fans:

"I like [trading for Alex Smith] if it happens and will disagree with you about Albert being a Top 10 LT. Don't recall the Pro Bowl calling him. I like Brandon but think he is bette suited as a Guard or even a RT."
--
"Alex is fine if you can get him at a reasonable price. Reliable guy and Chiefs have Charles to hand the ball off to. Sit and pick olinemen and front eight defensive players and youre a year away from challenging the Broncos for a division title."
--
"Albert was originally a guard in college. Could they move him inside to guard, and draft joeckel as the LT. Albert also played RT early on. I know we signed Winston last year, so that would make the OL pretty good."
--
"Luke is a huge upgrade over albert. Albert has only played 15 games the last two season combined. On top of that he wants top 5 LT money. Ill take a Luke and the salary cap room."
--
"Alex Smith + Luke Joeckel? Can you say....playoff team?"
--
"FVCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IVE BEEN WANTING SMITH SINCE THE 9ERS BENCHED HIM!!!!

This is fvckin awesome and the thing the Chiefs needed. He doesn't turn the ball over which was our only real problem this year. Joeckel + a receiver in the 2nd and this team is going to the playoffs. The D is a playoff D already and Charles is a monster.

Smith was having an amazing season before the concussion. People writing him off are just clueless"

--
"Alex Smith is not and never will be a top 10 QB. But in KC, he doesn't have to be. If they draft the kid from A&M, and can get a playmaker in the 2nd, which they should be able to, like one of the TE's or one of the WR's, they will be fine. By fine, I mean much better than last season, where Brady Quinn started for them. If they had any type of QB play, they would have beaten the ravens. He's not a franchise QB, but that roster is very talented. I'd be very happy if I was a KC fan today, because you're getting a QB that can win some games, and most likely the best player in the draft. You're already much much better than you were last season."

Seriously, fvck our goddamn retarded fanbase. You see some guys out there that get it, but we're in the minority.

notorious
02-25-2013, 03:20 PM
I want to be an ignorant fan. They are too stupid to be miserable.

candyman
02-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Think that's bad, read the comments on the SOC Facebook threads. There was a guy today arguing that Alex Smith was awesome because he went to an NFC championship game and also said we should tag Colquitt because "we're screwed if we lose our pro bowl punter". I know that's said here all the time in jest but this guy was dead serious. He thought losing Colquitt would hurt us more than Albert or Bowe. I really wish whoever runs the SOC Facebook would call these dumbasses out sometimes.

Molitoth
02-25-2013, 03:22 PM
you're killing me duncan.

I may have to take a break from the internet for a couple months. This is raising my blood pressure and I can't do anything about it.

B14ckmon
02-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Dumbest fan base in sports.

This.

In58men
I'm going crazy

@Inmem58: @jcharles25 @Balbert76 @TambaHali91 @Stuntman1429 @ericwinston @DwayneBowe82 JUST SAY NO TO ALEX SMITH AND YES TO @GenoSmith_12

DJ's left nut
810 has become the hub of the truefans.

I was a loyal 810 guy foreover, but it's just idiot after idiot and then guys like Petro and KK giving them more rope than they deserve.

Parkins and Fescoe are the only guys on the radio that have hammered this move as the "same shit, different day" move that it truly is. And they challenge callers that suggest otherwise.

610 is still listenable, but very little else on the airwaves in KC is.

Sorter
02-25-2013, 03:26 PM

The True Fans.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4557724/hook-o.gif

Molitoth
02-25-2013, 03:26 PM
KK doesn't hesitate to put stupid callers in their place.

KK is all aboard the Geno train, he would be nailing people today but I think he has the day off? He wasn't on when I was listening.

Sorter
02-25-2013, 03:33 PM

I was a loyal 810 guy foreover, but it's just idiot after idiot and then guys like Petro and KK giving them more rope than they deserve.

Parkins and Fescoe are the only guys on the radio that have hammered this move as the "same shit, different day" move that it truly is. And they challenge callers that suggest otherwise.

I thought Fescoe was the guy who wanted to keep Cassel on the roster...

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 03:51 PM

Keitzman has been on the "QB or bust" wagon for a couple of years.

If you want to bash Petro, go ahead. But it isn't fair to lump Keitzman in with him - Keitzman wants Geno and he's roasted callers that don't agree.

DJ's left nut
02-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Keitzman has been on the "QB or bust" wagon for a couple of years.

If you want to bash Petro, go ahead. But it isn't fair to lump Keitzman in with him - Keitzman wants Geno and he's roasted callers that don't agree.

Okay, you have me on Keitzman.

I stopped listening to him after the MU to the SEC debacle where he would stop the middle of a NASCAR discussion expressly to slam Mizzou.

It was the Friday before the ND/USC game in 2011. I was listening to him on the drive to South Bend and I swore I'd never listen to him again. He just became such a hatchet wielding jackass that I couldn't deal with him. He's an agenda-peddling prick that has never really done his homework.

I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

crazycoffey
02-25-2013, 03:55 PM
No arguing here.

ROFL

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-25-2013, 03:57 PM
The calls have to be screened to make the host look smart.

Bump
02-25-2013, 03:57 PM
But Alex Smith did so well the last 2 seasons.......

JIM HARBAUGH MOTHERFUCKER DOES HE COME WITH?

B14ckmon
02-25-2013, 03:58 PM
ROFL

For anyone who thinks CP is a place where smart football is discussed;

Enter the Geno or QB Combine thread, and count how many references to wanting penis or "chocolate penii" are in that thread.

I've heard more intelligent commentary listening to chat on Black Ops 2.

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 03:59 PM
No arguing here.

It's a bulletin board dedicated to the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Chiefs and "smart football" are mutually exclusive.

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Okay, you have me on Keitzman.

I stopped listening to him after the MU to the SEC debacle where he would stop the middle of a NASCAR discussion expressly to slam Mizzou.

It was the Friday before the ND/USC game in 2011. I was listening to him on the drive to South Bend and I swore I'd never listen to him again. He just became such a hatchet wielding jackass that I couldn't deal with him. He's an agenda-peddling prick that has never really done his homework.

I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

Yeah, the way he lambasted Texas for months and then did a complete 180 once Mizzou and A&M left was pretty funny.

But I'm not a Big 12 or Mizzou fan so it just goes in one ear and out the other.

DaFace
02-25-2013, 04:01 PM
There was an article after the Presidential election about how republicans were caught completely off guard when things didn't go their way in November because many of them operate in a cocoon dominated by Fox News and Rush Limbaugh and didn't realize that there were so many people in the world who just didn't buy into that way of thinking.

Without meaning to imply any sort of political association, ChiefsPlanet is kind of like Fox News in that way. When all you hear is "GENO IS THE ONLY OPTION" for months, it's hard to accept that that opinion is, in fact, in the minority.

Molitoth

Enter the Geno or QB Combine thread, and count how many references to wanting penis or "chocolate penii" are in that thread.

Just like anywhere in the real world, you need to apply your people filter.
There are morons everywhere, know who to listen to.

Brock
What do you expect from fans who look back at the Vermeil era like it's a dynasty? All Reid has to do is win most of his home games and the fans will kiss his ass as long as he wants to stay here.

crazycoffey

And just which side of the debate do you believe your posts reside?

notorious
02-25-2013, 04:03 PM

Show me a board that is better.

Stop grouping together a few select posters as if it's the entire fucking board.

notorious
02-25-2013, 04:04 PM
But Alex Smith did so well the last 2 seasons.......

JIM HARBAUGH MOTHER****ER DOES HE COME WITH?

Exactly.

DJ's left nut
02-25-2013, 04:05 PM

Stop grouping together a few select posters as if it's the entire fucking board.

Don't forget one thing: He's among the loudest voices in the group of uninformed posters.

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 04:06 PM
There was an article after the Presidential election about how republicans were caught completely off guard when things didn't go their way in November because many of them operate in a cocoon dominated by Fox News and Rush Limbaugh and didn't realize that there were so many people in the world who just didn't buy into that way of thinking.

Without meaning to imply any sort of political association, ChiefsPlanet is kind of like Fox News in that way. When all you hear is "GENO IS THE ONLY OPTION" for months, it's hard to accept that that opinion is, in fact, in the minority.

I talk to quite a few people outside of this board and this is absolutely true.

Most fans think Alex Smith + Luke Joeckel sounds GREAT.

DeezNutz
02-25-2013, 04:06 PM

Stop grouping together a few select posters as if it's the entire ****ing board.

And suck on a chocolate penis while you're at it.

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Don't forget one thing: He's among the loudest voices in the group of uninformed posters.

So which one of the dipshits I have on ignore was quoted by Notorious?

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 04:08 PM
What do you expect from fans who look back at the Vermeil era like it's a dynasty? All Reid has to do is win most of his home games and the fans will kiss his ass as long as he wants to stay here.

:bravo:

You are 100% spot-on.

DJ's left nut
02-25-2013, 04:10 PM

The Jaguar idiot. I know there are two of them now (who the hell knows how that happened), but only one of them is a true mouth-breather.

It's that one.

notorious
02-25-2013, 04:11 PM
LMAO

DTLB58
02-25-2013, 04:12 PM

I've said it for awhile. Clark has it made, sell some tickets, get his parking $ and all the beer sales and the biggest tailgate parties in America and the dude is set.

Sorter
02-25-2013, 04:14 PM

This super ignore is absolutely fantastic.

notorious
02-25-2013, 04:15 PM

Go on....

What is this "Super Ignore" that you speak of?

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 04:16 PM
The Jaguar idiot. I know there are two of them now (who the hell knows how that happened), but only one of them is a true mouth-breather.

It's that one.

ROFL

RealSNR
Chiefs Planet has always been the BB with the smartest Chiefs fans. And I doubt that's going to change any time soon.

N00bs might hate how cliquey it is, but that's the only real way to weed out the dumbasses. Because other forums don't allow their members to self-moderate, the good posters are often overwhelmed by all the average true fan numbnuts that peruse them.

I'd rather the community only grow by about 10-15 active, smart posters per year than post in a place that grows by 100-200 BlackBobs every year.

htismaqe

Yes, it is.

Even better is the guys that we have on ignore bitching about how only pussies use ignore. Like we can hear them.

bevischief
02-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Chiefs Planet has always been the BB with the smartest Chiefs fans. And I doubt that's going to change any time soon.

N00bs might hate how cliquey it is, but that's the only real way to weed out the dumbasses. Because other forums don't allow their members to self-moderate, the good posters are often overwhelmed by all the average true fan numbnuts that peruse them.

I'd rather the community only grow by about 10-15 active, smart posters per year than post in a place that grows by 100-200 BlackBobs every year.

This.:thumb:

Sorter
02-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Yes, it is.

Even better is the guys that we have on ignore bitching about how only pussies use ignore. Like we can hear them.

Have they? LMAO

How long until B14ckmon realizes he's just talking to himself beacuse everyone has him on iggy and leaves?

Sorter
02-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Go on....

What is this "Super Ignore" that you speak of?

Twas developed in a secret underground facility.

And it is awesome.

notorious
02-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Twas developed in a secret underground facility.

And it is awesome.

:hmmm:

If said "Super Ignore" was used against one's self, would they cease to exist?

I get tire of some of the bullshit I spew from time-to-time. It gets tiresome.

O.city
02-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Is the Jags guy even still posting here?

notorious
02-25-2013, 04:25 PM

Maybe we should start calling them "Jag-offs".

Sorter
02-25-2013, 04:26 PM
:hmmm:

If said "Super Ignore" was used against one's self, would they cease to exist?

I get tire of some of the bullshit I spew from time-to-time. It gets tiresome.

Probably.

It can be used as a weapon for good.

Or it could destroy us all.

RealSNR
02-25-2013, 04:29 PM
I heard Super Ignore is being used by teenagers to make meth. Enjoy it while you can, because DaFace is probably going to ban it pretty soon.

Setsuna
02-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Dude. This is the consensus on the Jags board and has been for a while.

Go defense this year. Go QB in 2014.

Just :facepalm: every second you spend on that place, you'd have brain hemorrhaging.

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 04:33 PM

He's still here. Super Ignore doesn't prevent his name from appearing as the last person to reply to a thread.

Rasputin
02-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Dude. This is the consensus on the Jags board and has been for a while.

Go defense this year. Go QB in 2014.

Just :facepalm: every second you spend on that place, you'd have brain hemorrhaging.

You guys have drafted QBs so please spare us your delima. **** off Jag OFF!

DaFace
02-25-2013, 04:35 PM
He's still here. Super Ignore doesn't prevent his name from appearing as the last person to reply to a thread.

Out of curiosity, what was the final solution you all arrived at that you're terming "Super Ignore"?

Sorter
02-25-2013, 04:36 PM
I heard Super Ignore is being used by teenagers to make meth. Enjoy it while you can, because DaFace is probably going to ban it pretty soon.

http://www.pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/when-you-drive-all-the-way-to-a-restaurant-and-its-closed.gif

O.city
02-25-2013, 04:36 PM
So he was about to come on when I got out of the car, but what did Keitzman say today?

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Out of curiosity, what was the final solution you all arrived at that you're terming "Super Ignore"?

I'm your allegedly "broken" script, by itself, in Chrome.

It's working great for me.

DaFace
02-25-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm your allegedly "broken" script, by itself, in Chrome.

It's working great for me.

Cool. My understanding was that the "broken" part was with regard to threads started by people and that it was broken when morphius added the dates to the thread line. Could be that the people you're ignoring just don't start many threads.

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Cool. My understanding was that the "broken" part was with regard to threads started by people and that it was broken when morphius added the dates to the thread line. Could be that the people you're ignoring just don't start many threads.

Yeah, true.

However, it hides the content of their OP, so you can only see the title.

O.city
02-25-2013, 04:46 PM
So he was about to come on when I got out of the car, but what did Keitzman say today?

Anyone?

DaFace
02-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah, true.

However, it hides the content of their OP, so you can only see the title.

Fair enough. I edited the description on userscripts a bit to help people in the future.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/140565

Sorter
02-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Should call it Super Ignore.

Because it's super and you're awesome for making it DaFace.

htismaqe
02-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Fair enough. I edited the description on userscripts a bit to help people in the future.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/140565

FYI, there's no need to install Tampermonkey. Chrome supports these scripts by default now.

That being said, it doesn't allow you to install from anywhere other than local machine or Google store, so you have to download the script and then drag and drop onto your Extensions page.

Ming the Merciless
02-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Just turned-on WHB in the car on the way home from Target, and...man-oh-man.

I haven't listened to sports talk in months. At the time I thought the callers couldn't possibly grow more inane. Boy was I wrong. First caller I heard "geno smith isn't any good, draft luke jockel!". Second caller "alex smith is awesome!". Third caller "i'm a nick foles guy, swap firsts with philly, he's better than geno!" Fourth caller was a random rant on Texas by a missouri homer. Fifth caller was another "alex smith is awesome!" guy.

We really are the minority here. Good lord.

Well I have watched Alex smith for years.......

He is not awesome....

Just like other mediocre guys, he really relies on those around him and is merely a game manager.....he hasn't shown himself ever to be anything else in 8 years or however long hes been around....so I doubt he will.....and the 49ers have had way better teams at times than KC so....yah....good luck is all I can say

B14ckmon
02-25-2013, 04:58 PM
And just which side of the debate do you believe your posts reside?

Honestly? I think I'm super fucking classy. Like Daniel Day-Lewis classy.

Hoover
02-25-2013, 05:14 PM
An offensive like of Jockel, Albert, Hudson, Asamoah, and Winston would rock...

LOL

DaFace
02-25-2013, 05:14 PM
FYI, there's no need to install Tampermonkey. Chrome supports these scripts by default now.

That being said, it doesn't allow you to install from anywhere other than local machine or Google store, so you have to download the script and then drag and drop onto your Extensions page.

Ah, cool. I'll update the instructions.

duncan_idaho
02-25-2013, 05:17 PM
An offensive like of Jockel, Albert, Hudson, Asamoah, and Winston would rock...

LOL

Just think!

They should let Bowe walk!

Re-sign Albert and move him to LG. Then, sign Jake Long in free agency using the money you saved on Bowe and make him a RT. Move Eric Winston to RG.

Then draft Joeckel and let Hudson, Asomoah and Allen battle it out to be the center. Best OL EVAH. OH MY GOD. AHHHHHHH. It wouldn't even matter who your skill guys are because OH MY GOD OL!!!!

Spott
02-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Anyone that wants Foles or Alex Smith as the QB deserves to never see a Super Bowl in thier lifetime.

Beef Supreme
02-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Trading for Alex Smith and drafting Joeckel is exactly what Pioli said he would do. So I'm going to go with stupid.

DaFace
02-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Should call it Super Ignore.

Because it's super and you're awesome for making it DaFace.

For the record, I didn't make it. I just found it for another site and changed the domains in the code to make it work here. :)

BlackHelicopters
02-25-2013, 06:44 PM
"Sports" radio. Funny.