PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs More Peter King nonsense about Albert and Joeckel

Deberg_1990
02-26-2013, 02:22 PM
THE PLANS OF THE CHIEFS. "First off, love the column and have for a long time. Now my question: You say the Chiefs should dump Branden Albert and draft Luke Joeckel at number one (and many mocks have that as well). Let me ask you about that this way. If Luke Joeckel was currently a rookie on another team and had not played in an NFL game yet, would you trade Albert and your number one in the first for him? I can't believe anyone (especially GMs/coaches) would say 'Sure I'd make that trade!' I understand saving money, but I just don't see where it makes much sense past that in getting the most value with the pick.''

-- John Walden, Topeka, Kans.

I look at it this way: Do I want to pay Albert $10 million a year, which will be the going rate for left tackles, when I don't totally believe in him? Or do I want to pick a player I trust more at a position of vital importance, and spend the $4.5 million a year that I save in the process (the top pick in the draft will cost about $5.5 million a year) to go get another player in free agency -- maybe a safety to team with Eric Berry, someone like William Moore of the Falcons or Jairus Byrd of Buffalo?

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130226/tom-brady-new-england-patriots/#ixzz2M2SO22P4

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 02:24 PM
This is Scott Pioli's opinion, through the mouth of Peter King.

It's obvious.

Three7s
What a dumbass.

The Franchise
1. ROFL at Peter King trusting an unknown rookie more than a LT who allowed 1 sack last year.

2. Hey dipshit....how about we cut Tyson Jackson and use that $14 million to go get Byrd or Moore.

BossChief
02-26-2013, 02:25 PM
We will have 30+ million in cap space once we cut Jackson and Cassel.

BigChiefFan
02-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Moronic. That approach is insane.

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 02:26 PM
What's funny is that he thinks that saving $4.5M per year is going to net an additional top tier player.

$4.5M MIGHT be enough for Moore. You're NOT getting Jarius Byrd for the net difference between Albert and Joeckel.

I know, we could re-sign Steve Breaston!

ROFL

SuperChief
Peter King gives 0 fucks now, apparently.

And by "now", I mean "has always."

The Franchise
If we draft Joeckel.....I'm going to pray that he busts....and busts fucking hard.

hometeam
How do you trust Jokel more than Albert?

You know, 1 sack given up in ten games Albert.

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 02:27 PM
1. ROFL at Peter King trusting an unknown rookie more than a LT who allowed 1 sack last year.

2. Hey dipshit....how about we cut Tyson Jackson and use that $14 million to go get Byrd or Moore.

We could cut Tyson Jackson AND Matt Cassel and net nearly $20M.

But King would never suggest that, those are Scott's boys.

BossChief
02-26-2013, 02:27 PM
STOP THE PRESSES.

Peter King is basically saying he would spend the top pick on Byrd or Moore, then...right?

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 02:29 PM
STOP THE PRESSES.

Peter King is basically saying he would spend the top pick on Byrd or Moore, then...right?

Essentially. Yes.

O.city
02-26-2013, 02:30 PM
From Pioli's mouth, to our ears.

Couldn't be more obvious. Jesus.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-26-2013, 02:32 PM
How guys like this get that high profile a job I will never know.

mnchiefsguy
02-26-2013, 02:33 PM

No kidding. His response to the question was so fucking stupid, I don't know what to say.

Direckshun
1. Why don't we totally believe in Albert, again?

2. Why do we trust an unproven rookie more than a five year proven vet near his peak, again?

3. Why is saving $4.5 million a big screaming deal for the Kansas City Chiefs, again?

4. Why are we thinking about bringing in more safeties, again?

htismaqe
From *****'s mouth, to our ears.

Couldn't be more obvious. Jesus.

Bingo.

Frosty
02-26-2013, 02:34 PM
After watching Scott on NFLN, I am convinced that he would have let Albert walk, drafted Joeckel at #1 (after trying and failing to trade down) and tried to draft Nassib in the 2nd. He was just gushing about Nassib's leadership the other day.

The fact that so many Chiefs fans want to do the same thing as Scott is disheartening.

BossChief
02-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Someone needs to call Peter king out on his dumbassery in public.

Seriously.

The fool would draft William Moore or Jerius Byrd with the top pick...essentially.

Deberg_1990
02-26-2013, 02:35 PM

Hes a good WRITER. Doesnt mean hes a good armchair GM.

kc rush
02-26-2013, 02:37 PM
I look at it this way: Do I want to pay Albert $10 million a year, which will be the going rate for left tackles, when I don't totally believe in him? Or do I want to pick a player I trust more at a position of vital importance, and spend the $4.5 million a year that I save in the process (the top pick in the draft will cost about $5.5 million a year) to go get another player in free agency -- maybe a safety to team with Eric Berry, someone like William Moore of the Falcons or Jairus Byrd of Buffalo?

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130226/tom-brady-new-england-patriots/#ixzz2M2SO22P4

What has Jokeall done in the NFL to deserve this trust?

Assuming the Chiefs go 6-10 to 9-7 next year, they will be in position to pick the 2nd (at best) QB in the draft. Is Geno better than th 2nd - 4th best QB next year? I'm assuming so, making this a no brainer to me.

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 02:38 PM
What has Jokeall done in the NFL to deserve this trust?

Assuming the Chiefs go 6-10 to 9-7 next year, they will be in position to pick the 2nd (at best) QB in the draft. Is Geno better than th 2nd - 4th best QB next year? I'm assuming so, making this a no brainer to me.

He's better than everybody in next year's draft except Bridgewater.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Hes a good WRITER. Doesnt mean hes a good armchair GM.

Good for him, but what he said is monumentally retarded. He shouldn't be employed by SI for writing about his daughter's volleyball matches or whatever.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-26-2013, 02:39 PM
He's better than everybody in next year's draft except Bridgewater.

Who says he won't be a better prospect than Bridgewater, once the same dumbfucks tear Teddy apart?

duncan_idaho
02-26-2013, 02:40 PM
After watching Scott on NFLN, I am convinced that he would have let Albert walk, drafted Joeckel at #1 (after trying and failing to trade down) and tried to draft Nassib in the 2nd. He was just gushing about Nassib's leadership the other day.

The fact that so many Chiefs fans want to do the same thing as Scott is disheartening.

He also thinks you can't look at the measureables when it comes to Manti Te'o. Thinks his instincts will make up for his lack of measureables in game speed. He's totally sold on the guy. Dumb motha...

Hammock Parties
02-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Just a couple of fat pricks.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/459408_10151025310002637_1993372267_o.jpg

Frosty
02-26-2013, 02:44 PM
He also thinks you can't look at the measureables when it comes to Manti Te'o. Thinks his instincts will make up for his lack of measureables in game speed. He's totally sold on the guy. Dumb motha...

The trio of Casserly, ***** and Tannenbaum (sp?) is painful to listen to yet strangely entertaining. I just sit there and think "yeah, this is why you are on NFLN and not working in a front office". :shake:

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 02:45 PM
The trio of Casserly, ***** and Tannenbaum (sp?) is painful to listen to yet strangely entertaining. I just sit there and think "yeah, this is why you are on NFLN and not working in a front office". :shake:

Yep.

I wanna fail, get fired, and then become and "expert analyst" in my chosen profession. Sounds awesome.

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Who says he won't be a better prospect than Bridgewater, once the same dumbfucks tear Teddy apart?

Oh he will be.

Next year, it will be "Bridgewater is no Geno Smith".

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 02:46 PM

His instincts sure helped him against Alabama.

HC_Chief
02-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Peter King is a hack.

DaWolf
02-26-2013, 02:50 PM
King's argument is dumb. The only way his argument makes sense is if Branden Albert = Barry Richardson. Unless someone can sit there and argue as to why Joekel would be a major, major upgrade over Albert, you are just promoting the status quo for a team that went 2-14. You're also arguing that it's not worth investing into your better players, and when it comes time to pay them you let them walk and replace them in the draft. So in five years, we should be preparing to replace Joekel with another guy in the draft because we could then afford a safety.

Let's also gloss over that this is one of the deepest safety classes in years.

Stupid...

Pasta Little Brioni
02-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Peter King is a hack.

But, but, but he can WRITE!!!! It might not make sense and is usually retarded, but he can WRITE!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Don't confuse logorrhea with eloquence. Peter King is fucking garbage in every avenue of his life. I'd rather smuggle Concertina wire in my ass across mountainous terrain than read anything that useless fuck has written.

He's everything that's wrong with sports jounalism.

BlackHelicopters
02-26-2013, 02:57 PM
This is Scott *****'s opinion, through the mouth of Peter King.

It's obvious.

FYP. Peter King's ROUND mouth

HC_Chief
02-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Don't confuse logorrhea with eloquence. Peter King is ****ing garbage in every avenue of his life. I'd rather smuggle Concertina wire in my ass across mountainous terrain than read anything that useless **** has written.

Cringe-inducing visual...

RealSNR
02-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Just a couple of fat pricks.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/459408_10151025310002637_1993372267_o.jpg
Is that Methhead Barry?

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 03:06 PM
King's argument is dumb. The only way his argument makes sense is if Branden Albert = Barry Richardson. Unless someone can sit there and argue as to why Joekel would be a major, major upgrade over Albert, you are just promoting the status quo for a team that went 2-14. You're also arguing that it's not worth investing into your better players, and when it comes time to pay them you let them walk and replace them in the draft. So in five years, we should be preparing to replace Joekel with another guy in the draft because we could then afford a safety.

Let's also gloss over that this is one of the deepest safety classes in years.

Stupid...

GREAT.

FREAKING.

POST.

RealSNR
02-26-2013, 03:15 PM
God I want the Chiefs to draft Geno at 1. So bad. If for no other reason than to watch the period blood flow into the streets from King, Mayock, *****, and any other dumbass lover of fatties who talks about the draft on TV.

Munson
02-26-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm convinced that Peter King has never seen a Chiefs game in his entire life.

HC_Chief
02-26-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm convinced that Peter King has never seen a Chiefs game in his entire life.

I'm sure he's caught as few series between wiping Cheetos dust out of his eyes and mustard stains off his titties, errr, polo shirt...

KC_Lee
02-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Perhaps we should start asking this to all the draft "experts" who love the fatties; "If the Chiefs let Albert walk and draft Joekel, do we simply repeat this process in 5 years when we let Joekel walk for another rookie LT?"

I'd love to hear / see a draft "expert's" response to that.

O.city
02-26-2013, 03:23 PM
I don't get why taking Geno/Barkley at 1 is such a big risk. Risk for what? Winning 23 games in 4 years? Or what, 27 in 6 years?

Yeah, trading for Alex Smith or whoever assures that won't happen right?

duncan_idaho
02-26-2013, 03:23 PM

Watching the joke yesterday about USC quarterbacks and both Tannenbaum and Pioli sitting there because of them was golden...

I'll give Tannenbaum credit... at least he DRAFTED the guy high, rather than trading a second-round pick for sixth-round garbage...

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Watching the joke yesterday about USC quarterbacks and both Tannenbaum and ***** sitting there because of them was golden...

I'll give Tannenbaum credit... at least he DRAFTED the guy high, rather than trading a second-round pick for sixth-round garbage...

ROFL

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm sure he's caught as few series between wiping Cheetos dust out of his eyes and mustard stains off his titties, errr, polo shirt...

ROFL HFS

CaliforniaChief
02-26-2013, 03:27 PM
If this doesn't reek of Scott Pioli's letters from the unemployment line, I don't know what does.

Up next on MMQB, why Dwayne Bowe isn't worth the money but Wes Welker is.

Frosty
02-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Watching the joke yesterday about USC quarterbacks and both Tannenbaum and ***** sitting there because of them was golden...

Tannenbaum is the only one that seems to have more than three brain cells, though he DID trade for Tebow, so :shake:.

Deberg_1990
02-26-2013, 03:42 PM
I don't get why taking Geno/Barkley at 1 is such a big risk. Risk for what? Winning 23 games in 4 years? Or what, 27 in 6 years?

Yeah, trading for Alex Smith or whoever assures that won't happen right?

29-67 since 2007. But yea, Geno is too risky.

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 03:44 PM
29-67 since 2007. But yea, Geno is too risky.

In light of the latest data, it seems it's too risky to NOT select him.

The Franchise
02-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Tannenbaum is the only one that seems to have more than three brain cells, though he DID trade for Tebow, so :shake:.

Yeah but he at least owned up to it and said it was all on him.

Frosty
02-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Yeah but he at least owned up to it and said it was all on him.

Tannenbaum was the one that joked that he and Scott were sitting there because of USC quarterbacks. ***** looked like he had just eaten something gone bad. LMAO

The Franchise
02-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Yeah....I mentioned in the original thread that had the video that Tannebaum took it lightly and was joking around. Pioli looked pissed that it got brought up.

duncan_idaho
02-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Yeah....I mentioned in the original thread that had the video that Tannebaum took it lightly and was joking around. ***** looked pissed that it got brought up.

That's because Pioli is an arrogant a-hole who can't believe anyone would deign to criticize him or his work.

I'm sure in his mind, it was just bad luck that held him back. Well, that and Todd Haley...

Frosty
02-26-2013, 04:02 PM
That's because ***** is an arrogant a-hole who can't believe anyone would deign to criticize him or his work.

I'm sure in his mind, it was just bad luck that held him back. Well, that and Todd Haley...

Plus, it was an insult to his little buddy Cassel.

CaliforniaChief
02-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Up next of MMQB, the problem of pollution and dangers of candy wrappers in KC...did it play a part in Belcher tragedy?

CaliforniaChief
02-26-2013, 04:10 PM
In next week's edition of MMQB, many people think Cassel could still be a legitimate NFL QB in the league...just needs support from fans.

CaliforniaChief
02-26-2013, 04:11 PM
In MMQB, how the idea that the NFL is a QB league is true...except in Kansas City, where it would be risky to draft a QB #1. Most think Joeckel could stop Al Qaeda if needed...

Titty Meat
02-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Peter King can

http://th140.photobucket.com/albums/r14/missnry/th_MonopolyChanceCard.jpg

kcxiv
02-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Every so called expert is changing their mocks to jockel. This will be sooooo depressing.

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Every so called expert is changing their mocks to jockel. This will be sooooo depressing.

Like who?

ChiefMojo
02-26-2013, 05:18 PM
The sooner one sees what is coming (a LT) the better one will be let down easier. I prepared myself weeks ago.

Psyko Tek
02-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Don't confuse logorrhea with eloquence. Peter King is fucking garbage in every avenue of his life. I'd rather smuggle Concertina wire in my ass across mountainous terrain than read anything that useless fuck has written.

and that is better than anything Peter King has ever written

please tell me about the coffee, Dick...
you don't mind I f I call you Dick, do you Peter?

kcxiv
02-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Like who?

Prisco. He was on the Geno bandwagon. Judge doesn't have jockel but chAnged it to the other LT

Sorter
02-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Walter Football now has Joeckel and they had Geno mocked to KC very early on.

beer bacon
02-26-2013, 07:52 PM
If we draft Joeckel.....I'm going to pray that he busts....and busts ****ing hard.

If we draft Joeckel and let Albert walk, the Chiefs transformation into the Royals will be complete. When you go 2-14, you make moves to get much better very quickly. Drafting Joeckel will be a move purely to save money. Unless Joeckel is an all-pro right out the gate, he isn't going to win us any more games.

ChiefsCountry
02-26-2013, 08:29 PM

Walter is a glorified idiot as well. His site is good mainly bc he lists alot of players. Not from his mocks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
02-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Walter is a glorified idiot as well. His site is good mainly bc he lists alot of players. Not from his mocks.
Posted via Mobile Device

No doubt. However, he was one of the early and consistent ones in mocking Geno to KC and he's switched to Joeckel.

RealSNR
02-26-2013, 08:36 PM

They also bought into the Alex Smith trade rumor hook line and sinker. Bit on it. HARD.

It still might be true, but that's no reason to completely change your board based on a rumor that's 100% unsubstantiated at this point