PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Taking a risk > Alex Smith

Ming the Merciless
02-27-2013, 01:05 PM
a QB at 1 , keeping Albert, and using the 34th pick to improve the team

>

losing Albert, trading the 34th pick for Alex Smith, and using the 1st pick to get a Lineman

Rasputin
02-27-2013, 01:08 PM
AIDS > ALEX SMITH

KurtCobain
Alex Smith is a risk. He could continue to improve and become a SB caliber qb. If he doesn't, then hell be benched for our next try, possibly a draft pick this year, or finding somebody new next year. This is not going to be egoli forcing Smith to be played for four years. Reid will find the best long term qb for us, and Alex Smith is just one of his options now.

noa
yes

Direckshun
02-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Doesn't matter, anymore.

This team will take the best DL available if Albert is resigned.

If Albert walks, they will take the best LT.

KurtCobain
02-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Doesn't matter, anymore.

This team will take the best DL available if Albert is resigned.

If Albert walks, they will take the best LT.

Hopefully they pick a hof guy.

noa
02-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Alex Smith is a risk. He could continue to improve and become a SB caliber qb. If he doesn't, then hell be benched for our next try, possibly a draft pick this year, or finding somebody new next year. This is not going to be egoli forcing Smith to be played for four years. Reid will find the best long term qb for us, and Alex Smith is just one of his options now.

Well we won't be taking a QB in the first two rounds now, so we're either stuck with a prayer that a late-round QB comes through (which never happens for us), or hoping that we can get a good QB in next year's draft. And guess what, we probably won't have the #1 pick in next year's draft. We've completely pissed this opportunity away.
On top of all that, we'll have to hope that Joekel turns out to be a top 10 LT, and even then, he still won't be worth the pick.

Ming the Merciless
02-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Alex Smith is a risk. He could continue to improve and become a SB caliber qb.

I think you're wrong. Of the two "paths" , I feel like trading for smith and drafting one of the top lineman was the "safe" but dickless one.

Reaching down and taking a risk on an untested QB is more risky, but more reward possible.

Everything is a risk......you just have to evaluate risk vs reward

htismaqe
02-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Hopefully they pick a hof guy.

We had TWO from 2003-2006 and won ZERO playoff games.

ROFL

htismaqe
02-27-2013, 01:29 PM

By all reports, Reid ABSOLUTELY LOVES Alex Smith and has wanted him since the beginning.

He's the QB and there won't be any competition.

KurtCobain
02-27-2013, 01:30 PM
By all reports, Reid ABSOLUTELY LOVES Alex Smith and has wanted him since the beginning.

He's the QB and there won't be any competition.

Because he's going to be great. If he sucks, reid will pull the plug fast.

KC_Lee
02-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Because he's going to be great. If he sucks, reid will pull the plug fast.

Umm no. I said this in another thread but it bears repeating here.

Instead the GM having his personal butt boy at QB we now have the coach's personal butt boy at QB.

In other words, there will be no competition and he will not get replaced or benched. Bank on it.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2013, 01:37 PM
The NFL is a passing league and we are upgrading from a QB that threw for more than 300 yards 4 times in the last 3 years to a QB who has only thrown for 300 yards three times in the last four years.

WhiteWhale
02-27-2013, 01:39 PM
The NFL is a passing league and we are upgrading from a QB that threw for more than 300 yards 4 times in the last 3 years to a QB who has only thrown for 300 yards three times in the last four years.

Yeah, but he doesn't turn it over and that's what KC needs!! /dipshits

Dunerdr
02-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Does keApernick have a brother? I know hes adopted and all but surely one of his biological parents were out whoring around right?

Bump
02-27-2013, 01:44 PM
we are still drafting Geno.

We need to go all out on the QB position. Geno, like CK did, will drive alex smith to be better. If Alex Smith sucks ass for us, you plug in Geno. I don't care if it eats up cap space, we have plenty and the rookie contracts aren't that big of a deal anymore. Plus QB needs to be the #1 priority.

Drafting Geno Smith is still the best thing we can do. Winner in camp starts.

Thig Lyfe
02-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Matt Cassel > Alex Smith

yeah I said it

Thig Lyfe
02-27-2013, 01:48 PM

We need to go all out on the QB position. Geno, like CK did, will drive alex smith to be better. If Alex Smith sucks ass for us, you plug in Geno. I don't care if it eats up cap space, we have plenty and the rookie contracts aren't that big of a deal anymore. Plus QB needs to be the #1 priority.

I wish, buddy. I wish.

BryanBusby
02-27-2013, 01:49 PM

We're not, it's dead. :(

I hate this team so fucking much.

YayMike
Matt Cassel > Alex Smith

yeah I said it

Wow.

KurtCobain
Umm no. I said this in another thread but it bears repeating here.

Instead the GM having his personal butt boy at QB we now have the coach's personal butt boy at QB.

In other words, there will be no competition and he will not get replaced or benched. Bank on it.

Bull.

YayMike
02-27-2013, 01:51 PM

It's all going to hinge on what we ACTUALLY traded for A. Smith. If we gave up a 2nd + , kiss Geno goodbye, and these guys are f'in idiots. If we SWAPPED 2nds, the hope is still alive.

All this trade tells me is that Reid and company think we are in win-now mode and that none of the QBs are ready to start from Day1.

htismaqe
02-27-2013, 01:59 PM
It's all going to hinge on what we ACTUALLY traded for A. Smith. If we gave up a 2nd + , kiss Geno goodbye, and these guys are f'in idiots. If we SWAPPED 2nds, the hope is still alive.

All this trade tells me is that Reid and company think we are in win-now mode and that none of the QBs are ready to start from Day1.

You do realize that our 2nd round pick is essentially a 1st and the 49ers is practically a 3rd right? There's TWENTY NINE picks between us and the 49ers in the 2nd round.

The 49ers 2nd round pick is like TWO PICKS ahead of our EXISTING THIRD ROUNDER.

htismaqe
02-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Bull.

Can't handle the truth, huh?

crossbow
02-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Wow just freeking wow. The team held all the cards for once and they shit in their hands again. Biggest opportunity for them ever and they just couldn't stand to succeed. Had to screw up the whole situation because thats how the Chiefs roll.

KurtCobain
02-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Can't handle the truth, huh?

Reid benched Vick for foles.

evolve27
02-27-2013, 02:07 PM
AIDS > ALEX SMITH

:doh!:

KC_Lee
02-27-2013, 02:10 PM

After how long? A season and a half? And Vick was a reclimation project, Alex Smith is Reid's personal pick.

We saw how a player's job is either totaly protected (Cassel) or taken away from them (Breaston) based on how the front office feels about them. I doubt Smith will be any different.

htismaqe
02-27-2013, 02:17 PM

ROFL

I...

ROFL

Forget it.

You are completely clueless.

ROFL

htismaqe
02-27-2013, 02:18 PM
After how long? A season and a half? And Vick was a reclimation project, Alex Smith is Reid's personal pick.

We saw how a player's job is either totaly protected (Cassel) or taken away from them (Breaston) based on how the front office feels about them. I doubt Smith will be any different.

Vick was injured. He wasn't benched.

KC_Lee
02-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Vick was injured. He wasn't benched.

I stand corrected. My point still holds though.