PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Are there any arguments against trading down, now?

HotCarl
02-27-2013, 04:44 PM
It doesn't seem like there are any. I didn't see anyone normally worthy of a top 5 pick in most drafts, there surely is not if you take out the QB position.

It seems that people feel we won't be able to unload that pick, but with an epic generational talent like Geno Smith available, shouldn't there be a bidding war to get ahead of Oakland, and Jacksonville or anyone who might trade with Jacksonville?

In any case, we should be able to move down to the 10-20 range and scoop up a number of picks.

Is there any case to be made for any player in this draft at #1, versus moving down and getting more picks?

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2013, 04:45 PM
So who made this mult?

Beef Supreme
The best argument for not trading down is that we won't find anyone who wants to trade up.

RealSNR
I'd rather eat shit and die by taking Luke Joeckel than trading the pick away so a team can draft Geno when we should have

Rasputin
Am pretty sure a team will trade up to snag Geno Smith and that is the team I will root for untill the Chiefs figure out to draft a QB in the first round.

fuck you Clark & Andy & Dorsey

RealSNR
02-27-2013, 04:46 PM
So who made this mult?

GROUPTHINK GROUPTHINK!! /DaFace

In58men
02-27-2013, 04:47 PM
I honesty don't give two fucks on what we do in the draft now.

Sorter
02-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Does HotCarl rape his own mother if we trade down?

RyFo18
02-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Trading down is the only way I could make any sense of this nonsense.

Fish
02-27-2013, 04:49 PM
The best argument for not trading down is that we won't find anyone who wants to trade up.

This. Why would anybody trade up with us when they know there's no way in hell we'll take a QB now?

Ace Gunner
02-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Just draft Geno and be done with it. No big deal.

kcxiv
02-27-2013, 04:51 PM
There is no reason to trade at one if ur another team. U can get what u want at 2. Chiefs have no leverage.

02-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Nobody is going to trade into the first pick. NOBODY

HolyHandgernade
02-27-2013, 04:53 PM
I like the hypothesis of swapping picks with the Jets and getting Revis.

HotCarl
02-27-2013, 04:58 PM
This. Why would anybody trade up with us when they know there's no way in hell we'll take a QB now?

Because if Eugene Smith is as good as everyone here thinks, teams will be lining up to get in front of Oakland and Jacksonville or anyone Jacksonville might trade with. Or, heck, for a once in a decade prospect like him, maybe Jax will change their plans now.

Not that anyone has a CLUE what Jacksonville is thinking. They would really want to create a smokescreen if they were hoping KC would do this.

Any QB-poor team knows he won't last past Oakland. They are our best friends in all of this.

BryanBusby
02-27-2013, 05:00 PM
The Chiefs have no leverage and if teams are looking to move up, they're just gonna make the just as desperate to move down Jaguars and Chiefs bid against each other to do so.

You're gonna get ass 2 mouth'd just for the sake of moving down by this point.

BlackHelicopters
02-27-2013, 05:00 PM
Some one will have to dumber than us to trade for our pick. Only takes one stupid GM out of 31, but who will it be. I predict noon is this stupid. We don't know how to play poker.

Bwana
02-27-2013, 05:02 PM

Bingo

Rasputin
Does HotCarl rape his own mother if we trade down?

HotCarl probably sucks his uncles dick as blackbob would suck his uncles dick. :hmmm: HotCarl blackbob the same person??

HotCarl
The Chiefs have no leverage and if teams are looking to move up, they're just gonna make the just as desperate to move down Jaguars and Chiefs bid against each other to do so.

You're gonna get ass 2 mouth'd just for the sake of moving down by this point.

Who says the Jaguars are desperate to move down?

That's what they are saying in the press? Well, a few days ago everyone here was posting quotes about how much the Chiefs were in love with Geno, when that was obviously made up, a negotiating ploy, or just plain false.

Jacksonville has benched Gabbert twice. Why would they not be considering Smith at #2?

Hootie
02-27-2013, 05:03 PM

I don't necessarily believe this...

They won't get a Rams haul but they can get value if they try and if a team really wants Geno but won't trade up for him we can take him a la San Diego and trade his rights like they did with Eli.

Wouldn't that be something!? This board would have a parade of joy and then around pick 4 there would be an announced trade and we'd trade Geno and the board would just collectively croak

Fish
02-27-2013, 05:04 PM

That's what they are saying in the press? Well, a few days ago everyone here was posting quotes about how much the Chiefs were in love with Geno, when that was obviously made up, a negotiating ploy, or just plain false.

Jacksonville has benched Gabbert twice. Why would they not be considering Smith at #2?

We've been hearing for months that none of the QBs are worth it. Why would that all change now?

HotCarl
02-27-2013, 05:04 PM
HotCarl probably sucks his uncles dick as blackbob would suck his uncles dick. :hmmm: HotCarl blackbob the same person??

Yes, I am Black Bob, Robert Paulson, Kaiser Soze, AND the cigarette-smoking man.

HotCarl
02-27-2013, 05:05 PM
We've been hearing for months that none of the QBs are worth it. Why would that all change now?

You can't have it both ways, either Geno is unquestionably worthy of a top 5 pick, and thus any QB-needy team would want him, or other teams are not very high on him either.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Is this the key to getting to the tournament Carl?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Whoever gets annointed the #1 overall either gets embarrassed, out shone or comes down with a medical condition. It's useless.

BryanBusby
02-27-2013, 05:07 PM

Common sense. Are you the fucking riddler or some shit?

Rausch
02-27-2013, 05:08 PM
You can't have it both ways, either Geno is unquestionably worthy of a top 5 pick, and thus any QB-needy team would want him, or other teams are not very high on him either.

No, either there is NO QB in rounds 1 or 2 that are franchise QB's or the Chiefs see something in Smith that no other NFL team did last year.

It's not about 1 player it's about finding the right player out of 5 or 6 QB's.

If you think there won't be a single franchise QB out of the first two rounds yer' fucking dense...

Sully
02-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Jacksonville has benched Gabbert twice.

That's half as many times as Alex Smith! We should trade two #1s for him!!'

-The Chiefs

HotCarl
02-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Common sense. Are you the ****ing riddler or some shit?

Is Gabbert good enough to win the Super Bowl?

is Geno Smith a better QB prospect than Gabbert?

So why wouldn't Jacksonville consider drafting Smith?

aturnis
02-27-2013, 05:12 PM
WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO TRADE UP AND FOR WHO?

Infidel Goat
02-27-2013, 05:12 PM
The only leverage the Chiefs have is to tag Albert and draft Joeckel.

Somebody will pay for a left tackle. It won't be the ransom gotten for the right to RGIII, but it's better than our other alternatives...

Hootie
02-27-2013, 05:13 PM
WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO TRADE UP AND FOR WHO?

I don't disagree but someone is going to want someone...shit even if they have to move to 10 and only get a 2nd as compensation whatever

HotCarl
02-27-2013, 05:13 PM
WHO THE **** IS GOING TO TRADE UP AND FOR WHO?

all I have heard here is that Geno is a legitimate #1 overall QB. You're telling me there is no market for that?

BryanBusby
02-27-2013, 05:14 PM

Can your dick touch your asshole?

aturnis
02-27-2013, 05:14 PM

A. Smith has thrown for 300yds 3 times in an 8 year career. ONCE in the last 2,when he's been "so good".

HotCarl
02-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Can your dick touch your asshole?

That's what I thought...

Rausch
02-27-2013, 05:15 PM
all I have heard here is that Geno is a legitimate #1 overall QB. You're telling me there is no market for that?

No team needs on as badly as we do...

Hootie
02-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Maybe the Vikings really like Geno and know they can't get him anywhere else so they trade a 1, 2 and 1? Same idea with Texans...or whatever.

Or the Eagles. The Chiefs, if they feel Geno is in demand...could simply draft and trade him to the highest bidder as well...

They can get value out of #1 even in a draft like this.

Hootie
02-27-2013, 05:18 PM
A. Smith has thrown for 300yds 3 times in an 8 year career. ONCE in the last 2,when he's been "so good".

He's 19-5 in his last 24 starts...

His team was great, but he's an efficient game manager.

Cassel can't do that. Alex Smith isn't a Cassel clone...he may be more like a Matt Hasselbeck in his prime.

keg in kc
02-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Since we're obviously not taking a quarterback, and there's clearly no trade-worthy talent at any other position in this draft, nobody really has any incentive to trade with us. If they want to make a move on a QB it'll be cheaper to trade with Jacksonville or Oakland. The only way we move is if we get completely bent over in the deal, sort of the way San Francisco appears to be handling us.

HotCarl
02-27-2013, 05:20 PM
No team needs on as badly as we do...

In any given year you could look at the bottom 10 teams in the league and most of them need a QB upgrade.

Obvious would be Buffalo, Cleveland, Arizona, Jets, Tennessee, Tampa Bay, and Philly.

We won't get what Washington paid for RG3, but the reason we have this problem in the first place is that there's no RG3 in this draft

keg in kc
02-27-2013, 05:28 PM
He's 19-5 in his last 24 starts...

His team was great, but he's an efficient game manager.

Cassel can't do that. Alex Smith isn't a Cassel clone...he may be more like a Matt Hasselbeck in his prime.He's not even that good. And Hasselbeck wasn't ever really anything to write home about.

It was a running gag when Trent Green came to town, but it's actually true now: guys like Alex Smith are available for free every year. We're literally shelling multiple picks for a guy nobody wanted 12 months ago.

I give up. I used to think that someday we'd be able to stop talking in terms like this, stop trying to rationalize garbage moves, stop trying to convince ourselves that the Chiefs can win despite a second tier quarterback, despite literally decades of history. But that's what that franchise is. They just don't know how to do it the right way. They never learn.

Red Brooklyn
02-27-2013, 05:32 PM

Didn't one of the Jacksonville coaching staff say that Gabbert would be the best QB in this draft?

Well, there's one reason they won't consider Smith.

PA Chiefs
02-27-2013, 05:38 PM
if arizona gave us 1st,2nd,7th for the #1 would you be alright with that cause I think that might be all we could get

Hoover
02-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Detroit really needs a LT. They are probably our best trading partner IMO

Brock
02-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Why would we do that? We are replacing Albert with that pick. Guaranteed.

Hoover
02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
I agree that it's likely, but I'd rather keep Albert (known entity) and use a our first pick to grab a young CB, and maybe get a 2nd to grab a young QB or impact player

HotCarl
02-27-2013, 06:28 PM
I agree that it's likely, but I'd rather keep Albert (known entity) and use a our first pick to grab a young CB, and maybe get a 2nd to grab a young QB or impact player

Same here, with the proviso that I'd like to collect at least another 2nd by moving down before drafting the CB.

I want another QB drafted as well.

Dave Lane
02-27-2013, 06:44 PM

Thats what 49er fans said about Alex Smith last week

Brock
02-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Thats what 49er fans said about Alex Smith last week

Obviously Chiefs fans knew better.

threebag
02-27-2013, 06:57 PM
The writing was on the walls when Alex Smith was benched for Colin K.

HotCarl
02-27-2013, 07:00 PM
The writing was on the walls when Alex Smith was benched for Colin K.

I'm not convinced Colin K is the long-term answer there either, he's a long way from a proven commodity, great as his half-season was.

Cannibal
02-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Why would we do that? We are replacing Albert with that pick. Guaranteed.

Yeah. It's a small market move. Chiefs may as well be the Royals.

Psyko Tek
02-27-2013, 07:03 PM
It doesn't seem like there are any. I didn't see anyone normally worthy of a top 5 pick in most drafts, there surely is not if you take out the QB position.

It seems that people feel we won't be able to unload that pick, but with an epic generational talent like Geno Smith available, shouldn't there be a bidding war to get ahead of Oakland, and Jacksonville or anyone who might trade with Jacksonville?

In any case, we should be able to move down to the 10-20 range and scoop up a number of picks.

Is there any case to be made for any player in this draft at #1, versus moving down and getting more picks?

the question is as always who the fuck wants this pick?
If a team as sucky as us can't use it who can

and they better draft geno just to fuck oakland

does our new management need a marty seminar on how to hate oakland