PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Non-Joeckel options for the top pick.

Frankie
02-27-2013, 08:55 PM
List them. Like it or not it won't be Geno. I'll start:

We are likely losing Dorsey and T-Jax, and probably re-signing Albert. Can Sharrif Floyd play 34 DE?

I really liked his combine, but I'm not all that familiar with his college career.

Here's a good clip from NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000145034/Sharrif-Floyd-shows-his-football-IQ

At this point, with no clear cut top draft pick is he worth the top pick IYO?

Psyko Tek
02-27-2013, 09:15 PM
get a QB fuck it, we may not have this chance again
first time to be the worst team in the league
pick a QB and if i next year get another

not that, that is gonna happen

Nightfyre
02-27-2013, 09:17 PM
Frankie really did learn nothing from 2009.

In58men
02-27-2013, 09:18 PM
I don't care about the draft.

penbrook
02-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Eagles and Lions want Joeckel. Raiders and Bills want Geno. We gave plenty of options to trade back!!!

Sorter
02-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Pioli: traded a 2nd for a backup QB, drafted a 5-tech with his 1st pick.
Reid: traded a 2nd for a backup QB, and probably going to draft a 5-tech as well.

You couldn't make this shit up. LMAO

Rausch
02-27-2013, 09:22 PM
I'd prefer a trade down now. If not stay and take Milliner.

If we trade down would like Vaccaro, Keenan Allen, or Xavier Rhodes...

Smed1065
02-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Geno/QB.

Cannibal
02-27-2013, 09:24 PM
*****: traded a 2nd for a backup QB, drafted a 5-tech with his 1st pick.
Reid: traded a 2nd for a backup QB, and probably going to draft a 5-tech as well.

Turrible.

Cannibal
Trade down and get our 2nd rounder back. Take best WR available.

penbrook
Guys who says we cant still draft Geno.

We get A Smith for now and draft for the future in Geno Smith.

Cannibal
02-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Take Manuel with the 2nd rounder we get from trading down.

Rausch
02-27-2013, 09:26 PM

This is exactly what I was hoping we'd do.

Which is why I think there's 0% chance it will happen...

alnorth
02-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Trade down and get our 2nd rounder back. Take best WR available.

agreed. Flip our pick for a 2nd rounder and another target for our game manager to throw to.

alnorth
02-27-2013, 09:28 PM

The Chiefs are so completely convinced that Geno Smith is not the guy that they traded two second-rounders for Alex Smith.

Strongside
02-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Trade down, stay in top 15, and pick up a 2nd. Draft Dee Milliner in the 1st and Austin or EJ Manuel in the 2nd.

MahiMike
02-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Geno must've totally failed the interview. Sure, they'll tell everyone that he nailed it. But something tells me as soon as he left the room, they speed-dialed SF.

penbrook
02-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Per Al Wallace on NFLN: The#Chiefs *do really like Geno Smith. They like his arm, his speed, the way he throws, and he had a great int.

Al Wallace is a chiefs insider.

FRCDFED
Sharrif Floyd or Dee Milliner

HotCarl
It'll be trade-down or Joeckel.

penbrook
02-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Wallace also believes a deal is close with*#49ers *and*#Chiefs involving Smith, and that Cassel's days are numbered.

This was all a hour before Jay Glazer broke the news.

Gravedigger
02-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Milliner or trade back and take Milliner or best WR. Those are our two biggest holes at this point, WR and CB. Either shore up the secondary or give Alex Smith a weapon to use. I don't care about this bullshit about you don't take a CB with the first pick.

FRCDFED
02-27-2013, 09:57 PM
It'll be trade-down or Joeckel.
If we get Albert and Bowe signed then everything will change around here. We will prob go after Floyd or Milliner on D. Ogletree would also be nice to get.

Frankie
02-27-2013, 10:40 PM
*****: traded a 2nd for a backup QB, drafted a 5-tech with his 1st pick.

It's eerie but IMO,

Alex Smith > Matt cassel

Sharrif Floyd > Tyson Jackson

So while not my perfect scenario, at least it's better than 2009.

Namor40
02-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Trade down somewhere before Miami, draft Cordarelle Patterson, he's raw but a freak of a WR, an incredibly difficult matchup.

DeezNutz
02-27-2013, 10:44 PM
I'd nearly accept shower anal to trade down, and I'd even consider a TE in the first.

melbar
02-28-2013, 03:08 AM
Milliner, Joekel, or Floyd. If we resign Albert, drop Jackson who will count 14 million against the cap, then Floyd would be the logical pick.

spanky 52
02-28-2013, 05:55 AM
Have to believe they'll work something out with Jackson and extend Albert and maybe tag Bowe. Since they've made their bed with Alex Smith, trade down. We need WR, TE and CB.

tyton75
02-28-2013, 07:44 AM
I really wouldn't be THAT surprised if we still took Geno or Barkley. I think Reid came in here and didn't realize how bad the QB spot was and is thinking, "we need to blow this position up and get some new guys; lets rip the band-aid off and handle it first."

oldandslow
02-28-2013, 07:44 AM
It's eerie but IMO,

Alex Smith > Matt cassel

Sharrif Floyd > Tyson Jackson

So while not my perfect scenario, at least it's better than 2009.

This

Frosty
02-28-2013, 09:14 AM
I'd nearly accept shower anal to trade down, and I'd even consider a TE in the first.

With A Smith as starter, Ertz or Eifert makes a lot of sense.

The Rick
02-28-2013, 09:26 AM
I really wouldn't be THAT surprised if we still took Geno or Barkley. I think Reid came in here and didn't realize how bad the QB spot was and is thinking, "we need to blow this position up and get some new guys; lets rip the band-aid off and handle it first."
Agreed. This is what I keep saying. With a pretty down draft class, I wouldn't be all that shocked if we did take Geno or Barkley with the first pick and see how things pan out. Having two capable starters at QB is a nice problem to have, especially compared to the past few years.

Alex Smith either becomes a nice backup for a couple of years while while we pay peanuts for our 1st rounder, or Alex Smith pans out and it allows us to flip our 1st rounder for future picks in a better draft class.

ChiefMojo
02-28-2013, 09:30 AM
I would prefer Floyd or Milliner before taking a LT (who I think all three LT's at the top are very good). Just re-sign Albert, try to trade down and if you can't... then take the DT or CB.

Xanathol
02-28-2013, 10:08 AM
After the Alex Smith move, fuck it - take Brad Wing #1 overall ( ya know, the punter ) & make history. It'll probably turn out to be a better move than this trade...

Beef Supreme
02-28-2013, 10:25 AM
People have already said most of the obvious stuff. Trade down if possible. Cornerback, D Line, Wide Receiver.

I'll suggest Chance Warmack as another option for a blue chip guard.

Fat Elvis
02-28-2013, 10:28 AM

Considering that both Cassel and Quinn appear to be on the way out, I figure one of four scenarios will play out:

1) Geno will still be drafted with the #1 pick (wishful, but doubtful)

2) Chiefs will trade down with another team that is really, really desperate for a QB (hello Arizona) and that preliminary talks have already taken place (this would account for the high price that KC gave up for ASmith) recouping much of the cost for Alex and still draft one of the top three QBs

3) We swap picks with Philly and get Foles

4) We are led by incompetent boobs who will let Albert walk, draft Joekel and will pick up a backup QB with one of our 4-6th round picks

ChiTown
02-28-2013, 10:29 AM
I think the Chiefs grab "their guy" (a QB) in the 3rd rd.

Beef Supreme
02-28-2013, 10:31 AM
4) We are led by incompetent boobs who will let Albert walk, draft Joekel and will pick up a backup QB with one of our 4-6th round picks

Until proven otherwise, I'm betting on this.

Sanka
02-28-2013, 10:35 AM
WTF is all this draft EJ Manuel bullshit, guy is garbage.

Direckshun
02-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Geno must've totally failed the interview. Sure, they'll tell everyone that he nailed it. But something tells me as soon as he left the room, they speed-dialed SF.

This is my guess as well.

They were probably on the "no" side of the fence, but they were still within putting distance of the fence.

Geno had another Steve Mariucci day with the Chiefs, and the Chiefs were like "let's pick somebody we know we can work with."

Hello, Alex Smith.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-28-2013, 10:38 AM
WTF is all this draft EJ Manuel bullshit, guy is garbage.

Says the one form Poland !

Frankie
02-28-2013, 03:56 PM
People have already said most of the obvious stuff. Trade down if possible. Cornerback, D Line, Wide Receiver.

I'll suggest Chance Warmack as another option for a blue chip guard.

It takes one FO to think of Geno or Joeckel as clear top choice material for us to have a trade partner. Two will make it "come to get raped."

Frankie
02-28-2013, 03:57 PM
I would prefer Floyd or Milliner before taking a LT (who I think all three LT's at the top are very good). Just re-sign Albert, try to trade down and if you can't... then take the DT or CB.

I bolded where I am currently.

BlackHelicopters
02-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Take Geno.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-28-2013, 05:42 PM
We're obviously gonna take a QB at some point, whether that's the 1st pick or not. We can't go into the season with Alex Cassel and Stanzi. The optimist in me still thinks Alex is a stopgap and we will pick a QB high and he'll learn under Alex.

Maybe the Chiefs are gonna draft Geno at #1 but don't think he'll be ready to start out of the gate (Favre/Rodgers ordeal) so that's why they got Alex?

Frankie
02-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Have to believe they'll work something out with Jackson and extend Albert and maybe tag Bowe. Since they've made their bed with Alex Smith, trade down. We need WR, TE and CB.

I actually think that first trade down partner is hard to find. If we get that then we have a good chance of trading down a couple of more times to build a draft pick bank for this draft and the next.

This is a deep draft on many positions. It's just the top 10 that's kind of meh for where they are.

FRCDFED
02-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Milliner, Joekel, or Floyd. If we resign Albert, drop Jackson who will count 14 million against the cap, then Floyd would be the logical pick.I Jackson restructures then I can see Milliner as the pick. If not then I think it'll be Floyd. He's too athletic to pass up respite being a 3-4 DE.

RunKC
02-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Idk shit about Floyd.

Can this guy generate a pass rush? He seems to be a good run stuffer, but didn't get many sacks.

We all know how that turned out 4 years ago.

Bump
02-28-2013, 06:39 PM
GENO

You don't spent your 1st and 2nd's on a QB....

I say, this time, YOU DO

Bump
02-28-2013, 06:40 PM
but if we absolutely cannot take Geno and that's not an option for Walrus. Then Dee Milliner. Not this bullshit lineman crap. A real skilled player at a skilled position. That guy is gonna be good and holy shit, we need another good CB.

Frankie
02-28-2013, 06:44 PM
but if we absolutely cannot take Geno and that's not an option for Walrus. Then Dee Milliner. Not this bullshit lineman crap. A real skilled player at a skilled position. That guy is gonna be good and holy shit, we need another good CB.

I don't disagree, but I'm also intrigued by Darius Slay in the 3rd round. Seems to be almost identical to Milliner.

ILChief
02-28-2013, 06:59 PM
I'd still take Geno. If not, Dee Milliner.

Of course if Albert leaves, we almost have to take Joeckel :(

NO MORE DEFENSIVE LINEMEN