PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How Much Success Will Alex Smith Have as Chiefs QB?

Pages : [1] 2

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Poll forthcoming.

Pablo
02-28-2013, 02:01 PM
None.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2013, 02:01 PM
2nd

DeezNutz
02-28-2013, 02:02 PM
2nd

Post captures the spirit of the "Smith defense" thread.

keg in kc
02-28-2013, 02:02 PM
At the very best he'll post numbers similar to Cassel's 2010 season. I doubt we ever win more than 10 or 11 games with him, and I doubt we ever win any playoff game past the wild card round (and I'd be surprised if we didn't get curbed-stomped there, too).

Now that I know the parameters I voted divisional loss with wild card win. Although I'd almost rather vote wild card loss.

And I should make the caveat that I don't think the team will actually do that, that's just the best possible outcome I ever see. I think never breaking .500 is about as likely.

Daru
02-28-2013, 02:03 PM
he sucks balls and now im not glad this season but now have destroyed feelings.

DeezNutz
02-28-2013, 02:04 PM
His favorite flavor of Popsicle is dick.

jAZ
02-28-2013, 02:05 PM
How can you go wrong voting for a Super Bowl win?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2013, 02:09 PM
How can you go wrong voting for a Super Bowl win?

You'd be wrong and stupid when he fails and the team would not have achieved the success you desired.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 02:10 PM
He'll get this team to the playoffs, and no further.

We're expecting a lot out of a guy who rode the coattails of the #2 defense in his only pro success.

LOLThanksChiefs
02-28-2013, 02:11 PM
You'd be wrong and stupid when he fails and the team would not have achieved the success you desired.

He will not fail. He has a history of being a winner.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 02:11 PM
And his physical skills are about to start going downhill.

If he can't run he's going to be even less effective.

Steron
02-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Never above .500

Fuck you Dorsey and Reid.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Here's the next four years:

Smith gets the team to 7-9 next year, fans line up behind him en masse.

The team stays 7-9-10-6 for the next three years, fans chase the final piece thinking we're just a CB/G/RT/whatever away. Any attempt to disparage Smith is met with harsh rebuke.

Barbecue smoke fills the air and nary a fuck is given about the long term prospects.

Direckshun
02-28-2013, 02:13 PM
He'll struggle this year.

Then he'll put it all together for a playoff loss the next year.

Then he'll struggle some and get boo'd the next year.

Then he'll get injured and replaced, as Reid/Dorsey get fired.

Whomever replaces them will then trade for the league's top backup.

Rinse repeat.

Hammock Parties
He will not fail. He has a history of being a winner.

No, he has a 24-game history of being a winner thanks to the #2 defense and a top 10 running game.

QBs who are 2-27-1 against teams that score 24 or more for their career are not winners. They are benefactors of surrounding talent.

jd1020
WC Loss.

Good enough to get us to the playoffs. Not good enough to beat Peyton or a playoff team.

Hammock Parties

The team stays 7-9-10-6 for the next three years, fans chase the final piece thinking we're just a CB/G/RT/whatever away. Any attempt to disparage Smith is met with harsh rebuke.

Barbecue smoke fills the air and nary a fuck is given about the long term prospects.

This is possible but people said this about Casshole after 2010.

A lot is going to be asked of Smith here, more than in SF. I think he might actually be worse than Cassel.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2013, 02:15 PM
A lot is going to be asked of Smith here, more than in SF. I think he might actually be worse than Cassel.

If he's not elite, I hope for your sake he is, it will make it easier to cut the cord sooner.

Mav
02-28-2013, 02:18 PM
I voted divisional loss with a wild card win.

The addition of alex smith is going to make your defense better. They will be on the field less. It will keep the turnovers down, your TOP up. Look for your punter colquitt, and Succop to have career years. And no, hes no where near the shit bag that matt cassell is.

LOLThanksChiefs
02-28-2013, 02:18 PM
No, he has a 24-game history of being a winner thanks to the #2 defense and a top 10 running game.

QBs who are 2-27-1 against teams that score 24 or more for their career are not winners. They are benefactors of surrounding talent.

You took my post too seriously. Maybe you should give my username a second thought.

Imon Yourside
02-28-2013, 02:19 PM
lolthankschiefs says it all. :(

Frosty
02-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Tebow won a play-off game against a decimated Steelers team, so I said "Divisional Round Loss (w/ a WC win)" because maybe we'll get there and luck out. That's the ceiling.

Unlikely though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Wayback Machine says: "sucking dick for crack".
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 02:22 PM
The addition of alex smith is going to make your defense better. They will be on the field less.

The 49ers were 25th in third down conversions last season.

31st in 2011.

Yeah, Alex is awesome.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2013, 02:22 PM
His favorite flavor of Popsicle is dick.

lmaolmaolmaofucking awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigChiefFan
02-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Our team is an embarassment. What a shit move.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2013, 02:29 PM
The franchise is an embarrasment. The team itself is pretty talented.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
02-28-2013, 02:29 PM
The 49ers were 25th in third down conversions last season.

31st in 2011.

Yeah, Alex is awesome.

True, his first year in a new offense with mediocre receivers coming off the lock out. Ill give you all of that. And ill still give you that he only had 7 turnovers total, and never LOST A GAME for his team. In 2012, yes, he lost the giants game, but other than that was playing very very well. You guys act like the chiefs defense is absolute dog shit. Doesnt it reason that with better production from the offense that the defense would be better?

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 02:31 PM
And yet you don't even acknowledge the shitty third-down conversion percentage his second season.

Or the fact he was 1 for 14 on third down in the NFCCG.

He is the kind of QB that gets you beat against elite QBs almost every time.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 02:31 PM
You guys act like the chiefs defense is absolute dog shit.

They will be mediocre most likely, if Alex can't convert third downs.

LOLThanksChiefs
02-28-2013, 02:32 PM
True, his first year in a new offense with mediocre receivers coming off the lock out. Ill give you all of that. And ill still give you that he only had 7 turnovers total, and never LOST A GAME for his team. In 2012, yes, he lost the giants game, but other than that was playing very very well. You guys act like the chiefs defense is absolute dog shit. Doesnt it reason that with better production from the offense that the defense would be better?

You are a very uneducated troll and every smart 49er fan that has been watching for more than a year will tell you that.

Hammock Parties
I didn't even realize before the last 30 minutes that Alex Smith was an abysmal nightmare on third down.

I've only been bitching about that for four years from our shitty QB.

mcaj22
i am amazed at how many of you think this turd gives us a playoff spot, so essentially 9 or 10 wins

ahhahahaha it took the best defense in the league, years to build it, and one of the best coaching minds to finally get this guy to the playoffs after like 6 years. We currently have neither.

mcaj22
02-28-2013, 02:33 PM
I didn't even realize before the last 30 minutes that Alex Smith was an abysmal nightmare on third down.

I've only been bitching about that for four years from our shitty QB.

hes also like 2-17 when teams score 24 points or more on him

so essentially he cant mount a comeback to save his life and/or score a lot of points himself

aka

garbage

jAZ
02-28-2013, 02:33 PM

And I'll be no more or less disappointed as a result.

http://www.usnews.com/dbimages/master/38364/FE_DA_130214Carnival.jpg

jAZ
02-28-2013, 02:35 PM

Barbecue smoke fills the air and nary a **** is given about the long term prospects.
Yeah, this city is just dying to give a QB a long leash.

:rolleyes:

Mav
02-28-2013, 02:36 PM
You are a very uneducated troll and every smart 49er fan that has been watching for more than a year will tell you that.

Im the troll? Try again. Rewrite this garbage, and try to make it coherent. Im sure you are some 49er board douche just coming over here to start shit.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM

2-27-1.

Mav
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM

so essentially he cant mount a comeback to save his life and/or score a lot of points himself

aka

garbage

Last year, he led the come back against the eagles on the road, and the saints playoff game. true, he doesnt lead a ton of big comebacks, but with the way he protects the ball, relies on the run game, he doesnt put your team in a lot of holes to dig out of. but true, if you are down 21 in the first half, the game is probably over.

mcaj22
02-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Last year, he led the come back against the eagles on the road, and the saints playoff game. true, he doesnt lead a ton of big comebacks, but with the way he protects the ball, relies on the run game, he doesnt put your team in a lot of holes to dig out of. but true, if you are down 21 in the first half, the game is probably over.

so like two times out of 30, and the two times came when he finally gets an all world talent defense that is able to hold teams to under a 100 yards, get QB sacks at will, and stop most offenses to 3 and outs, giving Smith more chances than any normal QB would get to redeem themselves

got it

the guy would be nobody and a BUST at his draft slot if he didnt stink up all those years that gifted the 49ers top half draft picks like Aldon Smith, Pat Willis, etc Freaks that fell into their lap because the noodle arm QB carries the team to a 6-10, 7-9 mediocre season

LOLThanksChiefs
02-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Im the troll? Try again. Rewrite this garbage, and try to make it coherent. Im sure you are some 49er board douche just coming over here to start shit.

It's true I came here from a very popular 49ers board that was laughing at the trolls trying to give Chiefs fans false hope.

You're not very funny however, I've seen better Ben Stiller comedies than the performance you're putting forth today good sir.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2013, 02:43 PM
lol Stiller does suck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Last year, he led the come back against the eagles on the road,

This is very impressive when you consider that Alex Smith "led a game-winning drive for a TD" by completing 3 out of 4 passes for 13 yards.

Thanks, dominant running game!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201110020phi.htm

http://i.imgur.com/UYk0ipM.jpg

mcaj22
02-28-2013, 02:47 PM
im glad all those awful Alex Smith years they were able to use those top 15 draft picks to stack their o-line. really bang up job, i mean eventually there was going to be enough talent to carry the guy to an 11-5 record, I guess. It only took 7 fucking losing seasons to net 1 winning season

Mav
02-28-2013, 02:47 PM
It's true I came here from a very popular 49ers board that was laughing at the trolls trying to give Chiefs fans false hope.

You're not very funny however, I've seen better Ben Stiller comedies than the performance you're putting forth today good sir.

i didnt know i was trying to be funny. I thought i was trying to move away from jackasses like you. At least i had the cuts to state who i was over there. but you keep on hiding troll.....

Fish
02-28-2013, 02:48 PM
I voted divisional loss with a wild card win.

The addition of alex smith is going to make your defense better. They will be on the field less. It will keep the turnovers down, your TOP up. Look for your punter colquitt, and Succop to have career years. And no, hes no where near the shit bag that matt cassell is.

Rejoice! This trade is great!

B14ckmon
Superbowl Winner.

kcpasco
No false hope here. I know what kind of crappy ass qb we just got after watching an abortion for 4 years.

Mav
02-28-2013, 02:50 PM
im glad all those awful Alex Smith years they were able to use those top 15 draft picks to stack their o-line. really bang up job, i mean eventually there was going to be enough talent to carry the guy to an 11-5 record, I guess. It only took 7 ****ing losing seasons to net 1 winning season

2 winning seasons. he was the qb until week 10 this year. Second, the very first time he got an offensive minded head coach, they went to the nfccg. Im done trying to tell anyone here that its not as bad as it seems. You guys can say what you want, i wasnt here to troll, i was here to be here. But now i have you guys, and former 49er retards here messing with me. have at it.

Frosty
02-28-2013, 02:51 PM
This is very impressive when you consider that Alex Smith "led a game-winning drive for a TD" by completing 3 out of 4 passes for 13 yards.

Every time I watched a 49er game when Smith was there, he always seemed to start slow and the offense would suck. I would sit and wonder why they weren't running the ball. Then they would start handing it to Gore and Smith magically would start looking better. The Seahawks at 49ers last year was a perfect example of that.

Mav
02-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Rejoice! This trade is great!

37 turnovers by your offense last year. 37!!!! If you had cut that number down to say 12, how many games would you have won?

mcaj22
02-28-2013, 02:54 PM
37 turnovers by your offense last year. 37!!!! If you had cut that number down to say 12, how many games would you have won?

Ming the Merciless
02-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Let me get this straight....

The people who actually think Alex Smith has a chance to win a ring are JAZ and Bi-Blackman? (plus a couple mults)

Awesome...

mcaj22
02-28-2013, 02:57 PM
2 winning seasons. he was the qb until week 10 this year. Second, the very first time he got an offensive minded head coach, they went to the nfccg. Im done trying to tell anyone here that its not as bad as it seems. You guys can say what you want, i wasnt here to troll, i was here to be here. But now i have you guys, and former 49er retards here messing with me. have at it.

Alex Smith gets no credit for the season. Colin took the 49ers to the Super Bowl and put them over the hump. They will be the best team in the NFL for years because of that.

Alex Smith won them their first 7 games of the season, but clearly not only could Kaepernick have done that himself, any slapdick QB would have with that much talent around him.

Alex Smith gets no credit for taking the team anywhere in 2012, because he was fucking benched, and for good reason, he is not good.

Reerun_KC
02-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Alex Smith is laughable...

KCDC
02-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Even Niners fans are laughing at us. They just unloaded their Cassel on us. Alex Smith Fan is probably related to Alex Smith, or the sole member of the Alex Smith fan club, and he admits that the game is over in the first half if you are down three touchdowns. Sounds like we got a real winner. And, people dispute that he is Cassel v2.0 The beauty of last season was that we could turn off the game whenever the Chiefs were down by 10. With this huge upgrade, we can wait to turn off the TV until we are down by 17.

Mav
02-28-2013, 03:00 PM
And yet you don't even acknowledge the shitty third-down conversion percentage his second season.

Or the fact he was 1 for 14 on third down in the NFCCG.

He is the kind of QB that gets you beat against elite QBs almost every time.

Really? He beat down Aaron Rodgers this year. hes elite. what exactly elite qb did he lose to this last year? He lost to eli manning. how about the year before?

He lost to tony romo, Joe Flacco, and Jake Skelton.

he also beat drew brees head to head, matt stafford.

im not selling a bill of goods. I get it, Alex Smith is not elite. But, no one in the draft was going to be better. sorry that you guys cant see that.

Sure, i will acknowledge that he went 1-13 on 3rd down in the nfccg. I also pointed out that the giants won the super bowl, and destroyed matt ryan, aaron rodgers, and tom brady on the way to that super bowl. Alex Smith had the best rating of any qb vs the giants in the playoffs. Ignore those facts will ya?

Fish
02-28-2013, 03:01 PM

Our shittiness should be irrelevant to how much we can possibly improve from this point on. The goal isn't to just be slightly better than last year. Because we could do that without wasting valuable draft picks on other team's castoff QBs. You're trying to lower expectations because of our past performance. But the truth is that our consistently bad past performance with relation to the QB position should actually be seen as even more reason to prioritize the long term establishment of that position. Not to simply get a guy to limp us through the next few seasons. And what we got, is a guy to limp us through the next few seasons. It's a complete disappointment any way you look at it. They went with the safe unexciting move AGAIN.

BlackHelicopters
02-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Sadly, never above .500.

Mav
02-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Alex Smith gets no credit for the season. Colin took the 49ers to the Super Bowl and put them over the hump. They will be the best team in the NFL for years because of that.

Alex Smith won them their first 7 games of the season, but clearly not only could Kaepernick have done that himself, any slapdick QB would have with that much talent around him.

Alex Smith gets no credit for taking the team anywhere in 2012, because he was ****ing benched, and for good reason, he is not good.

You keep talking about this talent. Would you care to point some of it out to me? I would say as far as skill position players go, that the chiefs are just about as good, if not better than the 49ers.

Compare it, and get back to me. Now, granted the 49ers oline is probably better, but if you look closer at the skill positions, they will be closer than you want to admit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2013, 03:05 PM
You keep talking about this talent. Would you care to point some of it out to me? I would say as far as skill position players go, that the chiefs are just about as good, if not better than the 49ers.

Compare it, and get back to me. Now, granted the 49ers oline is probably better, but if you look closer at the skill positions, they will be closer than you want to admit.

Holy fucking shit.

Jamaal Charles > Frank Gore
Dwayne Bowe (a FA right now, BTW) > Michael Crabtree

That's it. At every other position you not only have an advantage, you have a preposterous advantage.

mcaj22
02-28-2013, 03:05 PM
he didnt beat Aaron Rodgers

your 200 yard rushing attack and offensive line beat Aaron Rodgers

all Alex Smith had to do was A) dink and dunk and B) not throw an interception.

But he certainly didnt out duel Rodgers by himself, it took the rest of the 49ers talent to beat him, as usual

mcaj22
02-28-2013, 03:07 PM

you have the best front 7 in the league, and the best o-line in the league

and a good safety duo

we have slap dick sally at CB2, johnny no tackle bum shoulder at FS

a huge void at MLBer, no d-line, potentially an AWFUL INEXPERIENCED LEFT SIDE OF OUR OLINE PENDING THE HORRIBLE MISTAKES THE FO IS ABOUT TO MAKE, and a TE made of glass no RB depth besides our star, a midget, and a first round bust at WR

we are worse

the one skill player 50 percent of our offensive production (90 percent of our passing production) relies on isnt even under contract yet, so cross my fingers and hope they at least do that right

Mr. Laz
02-28-2013, 03:08 PM
How is it even possible that we are basically trading a 1st and 3rd for Alex Smith?

http://onemansblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/inconceivable.jpg

Mav
02-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Holy ****ing shit.

Jamaal Charles > Frank Gore
Dwayne Bowe (a FA right now, BTW) > Michael Crabtree

That's it. At every other position you not only have an advantage, you have a preposterous advantage.

Okay, i give in, alex smith sucks you are all fucked.

LOLThanksChiefs
02-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Okay, i give in, alex smith sucks you are all ****ed.

I told you your shitty troll wasn't funny.

Ming the Merciless
02-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Season1)played in 9 games,

2)full season(sucked ass),

3)missed 9 games,

4)missed 5 games,

5)missed 5 games,

6)played full season, (17 td , 3000 yards,44 sacks, 7 fumbles 5 picks - a la cassel 2010. cept cassel had 10 more td, less than half the fumbles, and like 20 less sacks)

7)missed 5 games (benched after game 10, played in one other)

Mav
02-28-2013, 03:20 PM
I told you your shitty troll wasn't funny.

again, not trolling. Im rolling with the chiefs, and douches like you, fjrider, harbernick, puckdaddy, your mom, your dad, brentjones84, joe58, hearst, can all go get bent over and get ram rodded with ninercaphells limp penis for all i give a fuck. Just let me be. I had a chance to come back, i declined. I want nothing to do with any of you retards.

BroncoDork
02-28-2013, 03:21 PM
I bet he'll give your guys in the locker room some hope, some boost. Dude is average, but there's no doubt he makes you more competitive.

WhiteWhale
02-28-2013, 03:21 PM

They even ran the ball on 3rd and 7....

Sorter
02-28-2013, 03:22 PM
I bet he'll give your guys in the locker room some hope, some boost. Dude is average, but there's no doubt he makes you more competitive.

Kevin Kolb would have made this team more competitive. What the fuck is your point?

WhiteWhale
02-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Like Bono, Cassel, and Grbac... he'll make 1 probowl which will be used to keep him around while he never wins anything.

HemiEd
02-28-2013, 03:27 PM

Barbecue smoke fills the air and nary a **** is given about the long term prospects.

And then Smith's name is proudly etched in the long line of recycled failures in KC of: Cassel, Thigpen, Huard, Green, Grbac, Gannon, Bono, Montana, Kreig, DeBerg and Kenney.

Notice to the other 31 teams, in case you have been sleeping: Send us your broke down and failed QBs, they will always have a starting spot in KC and you will get paid a bounty for them.

BroncoDork
02-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Kevin Kolb would have made this team more competitive. What the **** is your point?

Upgrading to competitive status was the point. Dude isn't the Holy Grail, the Spear of Destiny, not even a sliver off of the Cross, but .... well, ahem, er, yeah ok I see your point that I had no point.

Molitoth
02-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Honestly I think the Chiefs will be below .500 for the next two years, and you will see Alex Smith hit free agency.
(If they don't restructure his contract)

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Honestly I think the Chiefs will be below .500 for the next two years, and you will see Alex Smith hit free agency.

:deevee:

Some of you guys are fucking pathetic. Seriously.

Alex Smith may or may not lead this team to a Super Bowl but he's not the long-term starter, either, unless he plays absolutely lights out.

Just because Reid and Dorsey are passing on the top QB's available in this draft doesn't mean they're passing in every draft, nor does it mean that they will never draft and a develop a QB.

It just means that it won't happen in 2013.

Frosty
02-28-2013, 03:51 PM

Reid has never turned a bad QB into a good QB but he does have a knack for getting the most out them. I suspect Smith will be serviceable, the True Fans will all point and laugh and say "see? see?" and the Chiefs will flame out in the play-offs every year.

Molitoth
02-28-2013, 03:59 PM

Some of you guys are ****ing pathetic. Seriously.

Alex Smith may or may not lead this team to a Super Bowl but he's not the long-term starter, either, unless he plays absolutely lights out.

Just because Reid and Dorsey are passing on the top QB's available in this draft doesn't mean they're passing in every draft, nor does it mean that they will never draft and a develop a QB.

It's just a prediction... ya know, what the thread title called for?

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 04:03 PM
It's just a prediction... ya know, what the thread title called for?

But the whining and the tantrums? You're going to "follow" Geno Smith now because the Chiefs didn't like him enough to draft him? What the fuck? If Smith is a bust, good luck with that.

So many people are acting like petulant children. It's embarrassing for them and it's embarrassing to read.

HemiEd
02-28-2013, 04:09 PM

Some of you guys are ****ing pathetic. Seriously.

And it is the 30th fucking consecutive year since it has happened. Can we not connect those dots? They are in a straight line and are very consistent.

What on Gods green earth would give you any hope that it would happen next year, or any year with that kind of pattern? That pattern has been with 4 gms and now 10 head coaches.

Molitoth
02-28-2013, 04:11 PM
But the whining and the tantrums? You're going to "follow" Geno Smith now because the Chiefs didn't like him enough to draft him? What the ****? If Smith is a bust, good luck with that.

So many people are acting like petulant children. It's embarrassing for them and it's embarrassing to read.

Yup, I followed Barry Sanders through the 90's and had a great time doing it.
I still watched the Chiefs games, but wasn't invested like I have been in them since the Vermeil era.

If I can follow Geno Smith throughout his career and root for him, instead of putting all of my faith into Chiefs retreads, why not?

How does that hurt you? and that's not being a bandwagon fan, if so I wouldn't root for: Chiefs, Lions, Royals, MU Tigers

BigMeatballDave
02-28-2013, 04:16 PM
But the whining and the tantrums? You're going to "follow" Geno Smith now because the Chiefs didn't like him enough to draft him? What the fuck? If Smith is a bust, good luck with that.

:LOL: I was thinking the same thing, but didn't wanna get piled on.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 04:29 PM
And it is the 30th fucking consecutive year since it has happened. Can we not connect those dots? They are in a straight line and are very consistent.

What on Gods green earth would give you any hope that it would happen next year, or any year with that kind of pattern? That pattern has been with 4 gms and now 10 head coaches.

What gives me "hope" is that Andy Reid and Clark Hunt said that they would draft and develop a franchise QB. Reid said he didn't know if he would come from the 2013 draft or the 2014 draft. But I do believe that he wants to draft and develop a franchise QB because not only will that help the Chiefs, it'll also cement his legacy.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 04:31 PM
How does that hurt you? and that's not being a bandwagon fan, if so I wouldn't root for: Chiefs, Lions, Royals, MU Tigers

It doesn't affect or "hurt" me at all. I just don't understand how someone in Missouri can "fall in love" with a guy that played at WV for a 7-6 team so much that he's decided to follow him and the team that drafts him.

Enjoy.

youranidiot
02-28-2013, 04:33 PM
You are an idiot Alex Smith lover! The worst type of fan. You go from team to team looking to make friends because in your lonely life that is all that you have, football message boards. Nobody likes you, your not loved. Your a giant loser who wants to marry Alex Smiff.

And Chiefs fans I'm sorry, no hate for your team from me. But you guys got hosed. The curse of Alex Smiff is now on you guys. Have fun trying to rid yourselves of him for the next decade. The Raiders will return to Glory before you guys will. Maybe after Kaep wins 4 SB's for us we will trade him off to you guys and you might make the playoffs with a 38 year old Kaep.

Also have fun being stuck with "Alex Smith Snoopy Doopy fan" busting into every thread defending his boy toy and bringing this whole forum down with him.

Best of Luck

-A very happy 9er fan

HemiEd
02-28-2013, 04:42 PM
What gives me "hope" is that Andy Reid and Clark Hunt said that they would draft and develop a franchise QB. Reid said he didn't know if he would come from the 2013 draft or the 2014 draft. But I do believe that he wants to draft and develop a franchise QB because not only will that help the Chiefs, it'll also cement his legacy.

You still believe what they said? Really? Clark also said that he wanted to draft and develop a QB after firing Herm, right? This will make how many drafts, 5 since he said that?

How many excuses were offered for not drafting a QB during the Pioli regime? Very similar to what we hear this year, right?
How long did it take Dorsey and Reid to start spewing that bullshit?
Shortly after they learned where the shitter was at Arrowhead?
Shortly after they had their work defined by Clark after taking the job?

Ok, the evidence shows me that what they said is bullshit, bullshit to the fans, and the Chiefs don't plan on drafting a QB, ever. As we all know, this time of year crap coming out of front offices is bullshit, and I think them claiming to draft and develop a QB is nothing more.

Everyone on board the 10 and 6 train, toot toot!

30 Years is a lifetime for a lot of people, and it has been that long since they tried.

Molitoth
02-28-2013, 04:46 PM
It doesn't affect or "hurt" me at all. I just don't understand how someone in Missouri can "fall in love" with a guy that played at WV for a 7-6 team so much that he's decided to follow him and the team that drafts him.

Enjoy.

This was the chiefs year to select a QB in the draft. The first time in franchise history that we own the #1 pick where no other team can leave us with leftovers. With the rookie wage scale, not huge amounts of dollars to set the franchise back 5 years, and QB being the biggest need for this team. I did extensive research on quite a few QB's in this class and Geno Smith is just exactly what I would want in a franchise QB.

He could be a total bust, and that is fine... but if I were the GM of this team I would've at least given this city and it's fan base a chance. I would've tried.
Something no other GM/HC has done for us.

I understand that would only make a certain amount of people happy, because most of this fan base is acceptable with taking other teams castoffs... they are used to it. Drafting is too new of a concept for them, but that's the way real super bowl winning franchises do it. (Minus Drew Brees because the Chargers were fools).

I can't believe in the ONE CITY that drafting a Bust QB at #1 overall won't get you fired because the fans haven't seen it in 30 years, Reid/Dorsey will push in all their chips in on Alex fucking Smith.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Just because Reid and Dorsey are passing on the top QB's available in this draft doesn't mean they're passing in every draft

If Alex wins 8 games in 2013, we all know we won't be in a position to draft the best QB in the next draft.

We will stick with Alex and we will just need to upgrade two or three positions to get better!!!!

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 04:57 PM
This was the chiefs year to select a QB in the draft. The first time in franchise history that we own the #1 pick where no other team can leave us with leftovers. With the rookie wage scale, not huge amounts of dollars to set the franchise back 5 years, and QB being the biggest need for this team. I did extensive research on quite a few QB's in this class and Geno Smith is just exactly what I would want in a franchise QB.

He could be a total bust, and that is fine... but if I were the GM of this team I would've at least given this city and it's fan base a chance. I would've tried.
Something no other GM/HC has done for us.

So fucking what? YOU wanted Geno Smith. The Chiefs did not. I'm glad that you and your ilk can have a pity party now.

I understand that would only make a certain amount of people happy, because most of this fan base is acceptable with taking other teams castoffs... they are used to it. Drafting is too new of a concept for them, but that's the way real super bowl winning franchises do it. (Minus Drew Brees because the Chargers were fools).

This just so much fucking bullshit. Dorsey was around in Green Bay when they traded for Favre and drafted Brunnel, Rodgers, Hasselbeck and so many others. Reid was in Philly when they took McNabb and a host of other QB's. To claim that this is their M.O. is fucking ludicrous.

Your argument holds absolutely no weight. You just can't deal with the fact that Dorsey and Reid clearly didn't like Geno Smith enough to draft him.

I can't believe in the ONE CITY that drafting a Bust QB at #1 overall won't get you fired because the fans haven't seen it in 30 years, Reid/Dorsey will push in all their chips in on Alex fucking Smith.

Yeah, giving up a second rounder means they've gone all in, right? LMAO You don't even know what the compensation is at this point, as there have been many different reports.

But enjoy your pity party and whichever team selects Geno Smith, the savior of the NFL.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 04:58 PM
If Alex wins 8 games in 2013, we all know we won't be in a position to draft the best QB in the next draft.

We will stick with Alex and we will just need to upgrade two or three positions to get better!!!!

Right, because no one in the history of the NFL has ever traded picks for players

LOLThanksChiefs
02-28-2013, 04:58 PM
You are an idiot Alex Smith lover! The worst type of fan. You go from team to team looking to make friends because in your lonely life that is all that you have, football message boards. Nobody likes you, your not loved. Your a giant loser who wants to marry Alex Smiff.

And Chiefs fans I'm sorry, no hate for your team from me. But you guys got hosed. The curse of Alex Smiff is now on you guys. Have fun trying to rid yourselves of him for the next decade. The Raiders will return to Glory before you guys will. Maybe after Kaep wins 4 SB's for us we will trade him off to you guys and you might make the playoffs with a 38 year old Kaep.

Also have fun being stuck with "Alex Smith Snoopy Doopy fan" busting into every thread defending his boy toy and bringing this whole forum down with him.

Best of Luck

-A very happy 9er fan

You're not funny either.

Sorter
02-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Right, because no one in the history of the NFL has ever traded picks for players

It is definitely more likely we trade up for a player with Reid that it ever was with Pioli.

youranidiot
02-28-2013, 04:59 PM
You're not funny either.

Who the F are you? A 9er fan coming here to spread the gospel of Smith? Here to tell them he's legit and just couldn't catch a break in SF?

LOL!!! idiot

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 05:01 PM
It is definitely more likely we trade up for a player with Reid that it ever was with *****.

And depending on the compensation, it could be likely that the Chiefs take a player at the bottom of the first (if they win like they expect to win) or in the second round.

Either way, I expect them to take a talented developmental project next year, unless they take someone like Dysert in the 5th that's way ahead of the curve come 2014.

HemiEd
02-28-2013, 05:02 PM
This just so much ****ing bullshit. Dorsey was around in Green Bay when they traded for Favre and drafted Brunnel, Rodgers, Hasselbeck and so many others. Reid was in Philly when they took McNabb and a host of other QB's. To claim that this is their M.O. is ****ing ludicrous.

Your argument holds absolutely no weight. You just can't deal with the fact that Dorsey and Reid clearly didn't like Geno Smith enough to draft him.
Yeah, but they weren't working for the Hunt owned Chiefs at that time. Hide and watch, read the tea leaves, the future is clear.

BigMeatballDave
02-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Wow. SO much butthurt in this thread.

I liked Geno, too. I'm not packing it in, nor am I on the ledge. I hate the trade, but I'll still follow them like I have for 30 years.
I haven't been to a game since the 90s. It's not like I have to stop spending money on them, because I haven't in nearly 2 decades.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah, but they weren't working for the Hunt owned Chiefs at that time. Hide and watch, read the tea leaves, the future is clear.

I'm almost certain that Clark Hunt would prefer a KC drafted and developed quarterback to lead his team over yet another San Francisco QB. But mandating that the Chiefs draft a QB isn't good business sense, especially when all of the available QB's have flaws.

Ming the Merciless
02-28-2013, 05:24 PM

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

BossChief
02-28-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm almost certain that Clark Hunt would prefer a KC drafted and developed quarterback to lead his team over yet another San Francisco QB. But mandating that the Chiefs draft a QB isn't good business sense, especially when all of the available QB's have flaws.

What the fuck is this shit?

Is that not the case every year?

BossChief
02-28-2013, 05:26 PM
For KC to draft a first round quarterback, he would need to be made of a mixture of rainbows and unicorns.

Ming the Merciless
02-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Honestly the way I see it, this is worse than the Cassel trade because:

1) we KNOW Alex smith's limitations after 75-80 NFL games.

2) the 34 overall plus possible more

3) if we use the #1 an OT and let Albert walk, it is a lateral move at best

4) at least with Cassel, there was a tiny chance he might have succeeded....at least we swung the bat

5) vrabel LOL

6) Cassel was a patriots guy, the only one to squeeze sunshine out of the alex smith turd is Harbaugh who,last I checked is not in our organization

Sorter
02-28-2013, 05:30 PM
And depending on the compensation, it could be likely that the Chiefs take a player at the bottom of the first (if they win like they expect to win) or in the second round.

Either way, I expect them to take a talented developmental project next year, unless they take someone like Dysert in the 5th that's way ahead of the curve come 2014.

I can't see Dysert lasting that long.

I'm starting to get worried Matt Scott won't even be there. We're going to get Jones or Cameron and that makes me sad.

The good news is, maybe we'll flip one of them for a 2nd in 3 years.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 05:31 PM
What the fuck is this shit?

Is that not the case every year?

While I realize that you and your posse believe the Geno Smith is an NFL legend already, the fact is that more people disagree with this sentiment than agree. And if Andy Reid doesn't believe that he can fix Smith's flaws in a timely manner (if at all), then I don't have a problem with it.

But for Fuck's Sake, please stop pretending like the ONLY QB that the Chiefs should even CONSIDER drafting is Geno Smith in 2013. That's just plain ludicrous and small minded.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 05:32 PM
For KC to draft a first round quarterback, he would need to be made of a mixture of rainbows and unicorns.

Or maybe he just needs to be a better prospect than Smith, Barkley, Bray, Wilson or Nassib.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 05:33 PM

What quarterback that comes out doesn't have flaws?

Michael Vick was 6 feet tall.

Cam Newton came from an option offense and had one season in college.

Matt Ryan threw a shit ton of interceptions.

Philip Rivers had a funky ass release.

RGIII played in the spread and wasn't very big.

Philly fans all HATED the McNabb selection.

There is very rarely a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck in the QB class.

They all have flaws.

Ming the Merciless
02-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Or maybe he just needs to be a better prospect than Smith, Barkley, Bray, Wilson or Nassib.

That might be difficult if we go 8-8 for 3 years.....

I don't know enough about those QB's really, but from what I saw , I liked Barkley.....I'd rather hang on to Albert and roll the dice on the best of those guys.......and have a 34th overall pick to maybe grab a WR or ILB or whatnot

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 05:38 PM
They all have flaws.

Well apparently, their flaws were something that Reid and Dorsey decided either couldn't be fixed or weren't worth fixing.

02-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Well apparently, their flaws were something that Reid and Dorsey decided either couldn't be fixed or weren't worth fixing.Well, we won't know for certain until April 25th.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Well, we won't know for certain until April 25th.

There's no way the Chiefs spend their top two picks on quarterbacks. Trading the #34 to San Francisco certainly means that Alex Smith will start for the next two seasons, minimum.

Dorsey has already stated that the number one pick is up for grabs. Hopefully, they can get back into the second round (if they aren't swapping seconds with San Fran) because there's quite a bit of talent at the WR and TE positions, something the Chiefs desperately need.

mr. tegu
02-28-2013, 05:42 PM
His best season was not as good as Cassel's best season. So I would say it is pretty safe to say he will have little success.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 05:44 PM
His best season was not as good as Cassel's best season. So I would say it is pretty safe to say he will have little success.

ROFL

Brock
02-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Well, we won't know for certain until April 25th.

Ha ha, right.

mr. tegu
02-28-2013, 05:47 PM
There's no way the Chiefs spend their top two picks on quarterbacks. Trading the #34 to San Francisco certainly means that Alex Smith will start for the next two seasons, minimum.

Dorsey has already stated that the number one pick is up for grabs. Hopefully, they can get back into the second round (if they aren't swapping seconds with San Fran) because there's quite a bit of talent at the WR and TE positions, something the Chiefs desperately need.

If we only we had a high second round pick...

People here have been saying for a while there is a lot of talent in that range with those positions. But we don't need another WR because we have Baldwin who might just need a real NFL QB throwing him the ball so we went out and got one...err, well...we got a QB.

Sorter
02-28-2013, 05:47 PM

Sadly, this. It's likely that if KC drafts a QB, it will be in the 5th round.

mr. tegu
02-28-2013, 05:48 PM
And I really do hope they trade back into the second now because we really need an impact receiving threat. Before I was against trading back then trading up into the first by giving away picks but I would love that now to get back into the second.

Setsuna
02-28-2013, 05:51 PM
I voted above .500 but now I meant below .500. I forgot just how bad he sucked before Harbaugh came along. 7-9 or 6-10.

Ming the Merciless
02-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Sadly, this. It's likely that if KC drafts a QB, it will be in the 5th round.

Dont be so glum,chum!On average 5th round picks almost play like 10-12 games as a starter over their career! YAY!

Oh and going from 34th overall pick to 60 something will only cost us about 25-30% of an average 34th overall pick's career, not to mention pro bowl probability (quality)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3587/3470996904_f2a721f264.jpg?v=0

Setsuna
02-28-2013, 05:54 PM
He's going to play good, relative to Cassel, which is about sub par, at the start and get progressively worse.

Sorter
02-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Dont be so glum,chum!On average 5th round picks almost play like 10-12 games as a starter over their career! YAY!

Oh and going from 34th overall pick to 60 something will only cost us about 25-30% of an average 34th overall pick's career, not to mention pro bowl probability (quality)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3587/3470996904_f2a721f264.jpg?v=0

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7qvh0HmjW1r63r28.gif

MrGiggity
02-28-2013, 05:58 PM
He's going to play good, relative to Cassel, which is about sub par, at the start and get progressively worse.

Go sit on a pickle jar big boy.

AustinChief
02-28-2013, 06:27 PM
While I realize that you and your posse believe the Geno Smith is an NFL legend already, the fact is that more people disagree with this sentiment than agree. And if Andy Reid doesn't believe that he can fix Smith's flaws in a timely manner (if at all), then I don't have a problem with it.

But for Fuck's Sake, please stop pretending like the ONLY QB that the Chiefs should even CONSIDER drafting is Geno Smith in 2013. That's just plain ludicrous and small minded.

How in HELL did Dane and I become the voices of reason around here? Did the Mayan apocalypse finally happen?

HonestChieffan
02-28-2013, 06:31 PM
How in HELL did Dane and I become the voices of reason around here? Did the Mayan apocalypse finally happen?

Even I find myself in total agreement with Dane. I need a drink.

JBucc
02-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Divisional Round Loss (w/ a WC win)

What can I say, I'm feeling optimistic.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Yeah, giving up a second rounder means they've gone all in, right? LMAO You don't even know what the compensation is at this point, as there have been many different reports.

But enjoy your pity party and whichever team selects Geno Smith, the savior of the NFL.

Dane,

1)Shefter said they gave up a 2nd and another mid-round pick. All credible reports point to that being the compensation. Glazer said they made a "significant" commitment to Smith. This isn't a flyer.

2) In the last four drafts every team that has picked #1 overall has chosen a QB.

3) Since Blackledge, 65 QBs have been chosen in the first round. Not one of them by the Kansas City Chiefs.

4) You may not like Geno Smith. That's fine. It's also not about Geno Smith. It's about a philosophical commitment to the quarterback position through the draft and this franchise hasn't even shown at attempt to try.

I'm more than comfortable saying that neither Reid nor Dorsey select a first round QB in the length of their first contract here, because Smith is just good enough to manage us into mediocrity.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Well apparently, their flaws were something that Reid and Dorsey decided either couldn't be fixed or weren't worth fixing.

Should we then defer to their judgment? Like we did Scott Pioli?

Mav
02-28-2013, 08:08 PM

Actually, it will probably be the opposite. He will start slow, and get better as he gets more familiar.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Nick Foles will be KC's QB next season. Alex Smith deal will fall through.

Mav
02-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Nick Foles will be KC's QB next season. Alex Smith deal will fall through.

Foles is a really good qb. I have no idea why the eagles decided to be such dicks about moving him. Hes never going to start for them

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2013, 08:31 PM
I chose SB winner....why not? I trust Reid and Dorsey--if they decide to pass on Geno, I've gotta think there is real reason. I still hope we acquire a pick that will enable us to nab a developmental project in case Alex doesn't pan out...but wouldn't be totally peeved if they chose another position of need to address.

I suspect those guys know much more about football than most of us, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point. I'll be looking/hoping for Alex to become the Raider version of Gannon. West coast offense, a guru to groom the QB, a solid foundation of vets....we may never win a SB, but given the circumstances, I hope we can make lemonade out of lemons. Sucks we didn't have the #1 last year.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 08:43 PM
2009 "I trust Pioli!"

2013 "I trust Reid!"

2017 "I trust ___!"

Sorter
02-28-2013, 08:45 PM
2009 "I trust *****!"

2013 "I trust Reid!"

2017 "I trust _Norv Turner__!"

Fixed.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 08:47 PM
2008 - I think Thigpen can be Gannon!

2010 - I think Cassel can be Gannon!

2013 - I think Alex can be Gannon!

milkman
02-28-2013, 08:47 PM

I don't believe thatv for a second.

These guys saw 6 pro bowlers on the roster, and decided to go the safe route, rather than develop a QB.

It's the same bullshit we've seen for 30 years.

Sorter
02-28-2013, 08:50 PM
2008 - I think Thigpen can be Gannon!

2010 - I think Cassel can be Gannon!

2013 - I think Alex can be Gannon!

2016- I think Dalton can be Gannon

milkman
02-28-2013, 08:52 PM
This team is going to flounder between 6 and 1o wins for the next 7 seasons, and we'll hear the same crap we heard from Carl.

Just have to get into the tournament.
Anything can happen.

In the Chiefs case with Alex Smith, anything is getting bounced out in the first game.

RippedmyFlesh
02-28-2013, 09:43 PM
I don't believe thatv for a second.

These guys saw 6 pro bowlers on the roster, and decided to go the safe route, rather than develop a QB.

It's the same bullshit we've seen for 30 years.

Exactly.
History shows you pick the best 1 or 2 qb's of just about any class and you have a good starting qb. This year it's just more difficult to identify the right one. Even in lean years there's someone. This there isn't ANY qb's this year is BS. Like you said it's the safe route which is stupid because we will have to do a Washington type deal to get our guy in the future.
To not pull the trigger now is chicken shit and foolish.

Meatloaf
02-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Try the 2010 draft class. Bradford, who was highly rated by most everyone and NO ONE ELSE. This year's class has no one highly rated.....unless you feel Geno is as highly rated as Bradford was (not). Very bad year to spend 1.1 on a QB. It sucks, but that's just how Chiefs cookies crumble.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Should we then defer to their judgment? Like we did Scott *****?

John Dorsey was a part of a Green Bay front office that traded for Favre when they had the "Majik Man, drafted Aaron Brooks, Mark Brunnel, Hasselbeck, Aaron Rodgers and others I'm certainly forgetting.

Reid drafted McNabb, Feeley, Kolb and others while acquiring guys like Vick and Garcia, all of whom won games for the Eagles.

Comparing those two men to ***** is like comparing Isaiah Thomas to Jerry West.

RippedmyFlesh
02-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Try the 2010 draft class. Bradford, who was highly rated by most everyone and NO ONE ELSE. This year's class has no one highly rated.....unless you feel Geno is as highly rated as Bradford was (not). Very bad year to spend 1.1 on a QB. It sucks, but that's just how Chiefs cookies crumble.

I knew someone would say this so here

98 Peyton Manning
99 Donovan McNabb
00 Tom Brady
01 Drew Brees
02 David Garrard
03 Carson Palmer
04 Eli Ben Rivers
05 Aaron Rodgers
06 Jay Cutler
07 Kevin Kolb
08 Joe Flacco Matt Ryan
09 Matthew Stafford
10 Sam Bradford
11 Colin Kaepernick
12 Andrew Luck

Out of the last 15 years 1 bad (Kolb) 2 average and 12 qbs you can win a super bowl with.You have who may be one of the 5 most qualified people in the league picking that qb and you don't do it. No one NO one KNOWS that any of the qb's available is NOT a franchise qb. Time will tell not any person.
Now go goozle antifreeze you mouth breathing troll.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 10:17 PM
So Pioli's executive of the year awards were all bullshit. Got it.

milkman
02-28-2013, 10:18 PM
John Dorsey was a part of a Green Bay front office that traded for Favre when they had the "Majik Man, drafted Aaron Brooks, Mark Brunnel, Hasselbeck, Aaron Rodgers and others I'm certainly forgetting.

Reid drafted McNabb, Feeley, Kolb and others while acquiring guys like Vick and Garcia, all of whom won games for the Eagles.

Comparing those two men to ***** is like comparing Isaiah Thomas to Jerry West.

Ted Thompson was the decision maker in Green Bay.
Dorsey is as proven right now as Pioli was when he was hired.

And the only QB that wasn't garbage in a nice package fir Reid wasz. McNabb.

Hammock Parties
I keep going back to Reid giving Vick $100 million.

Dumb as shit.

mr. tegu
I have no doubt they can scheme and make Smith into an efficient passer. But I am so sick of Charles having to face nine in the box at all times because teams don't fear a deep ball.

Why can't we just have a QB that can stretch the field? Maybe someone who throws guys open? A QB that knows his receiver is open before the receiver does? A QB that can say eff you to a great defensive scheme and beat it with his arm without solely relying on the offensive scheme? Is that so much to ask?

Hootie
02-28-2013, 10:21 PM
I keep going back to Reid giving Vick $100 million.

Dumb as shit.

that contract was A BLOATED contract...Vick got nowhere NEAR $100M...it was $100M if Vick played the way he played during that one 10 game stretch...

He probably made like $30M total, IF that. This is a terrible point.

dirk digler
02-28-2013, 10:21 PM
At the very best he'll post numbers similar to Cassel's 2010 season. I doubt we ever win more than 10 or 11 games with him, and I doubt we ever win any playoff game past the wild card round (and I'd be surprised if we didn't get curbed-stomped there, too).

Now that I know the parameters I voted divisional loss with wild card win. Although I'd almost rather vote wild card loss.

And I should make the caveat that I don't think the team will actually do that, that's just the best possible outcome I ever see. I think never breaking .500 is about as likely.

Yep. I haven't decided yet on WC loss or over 500 with no playoff appearances.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 10:22 PM
that contract was A BLOATED contract...Vick got nowhere NEAR $100M...it was $100M if Vick played the way he played during that one 10 game stretch...

He probably made like $30M total, IF that. This is a terrible point.

He got $40 million guaranteed.

It was dumb as hell.

Hootie
02-28-2013, 10:24 PM
He got $40 million guaranteed.

It was dumb as hell.

please link me to where he got this money

that contract has already been SHREDDED...

Link me to the breakdown in the money he received when he signed that deal

DaneMcCloud
Ted Thompson was the decision maker in Green Bay.
Dorsey is as proven right now as ***** was when he was hired.

And the only QB that wasn't garbage in a nice package fir Reid wasz. McNabb.

Dorsey was Director of College Scouting after his stint as a regional scout and NFL player. His career wasn't made from Green Bay hitting on one single late round pick.

Green Bay has hit on tons of college players over the past 20+ years so to categorize him as being the same as ***** is not only incorrect, it's unfair.

Also, Ted Thompson wasn't the Green Bay GM until 2005.

Hammock Parties
please link me to where he got this money

that contract has already been SHREDDED...

Link me to the breakdown in the money he received when he signed that deal

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6907779/philadelphia-eagles-michael-vick-agree-six-year-contract

A league source told ESPN's Andrew Brandt the deal is worth $100 million and a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that it contains roughly $40 million guaranteed.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 10:26 PM
OK, looks like it was actually $35.5 million guaranteed.

http://deadspin.com/5836157/michael-vicks-100-million-contract-is-a-lie

Still stupid as hell.

milkman
02-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Dorsey was Director of College Scouting after his stint as a regional scout and NFL player. His career wasn't made from Green Bay hitting on one single late round pick.

Green Bay has hit on tons of college players over the past 20+ years so to categorize him as being the same as ***** is not only incorrect, it's unfair,

Unproven as decision makers does not equal same.

Meatloaf
02-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Ripped, sadly, you missed my point. In 2010 one guy was HIGHLY rated by everyone - Bradford. No one else was, and interestingly, no one else in that class has done squat. This year, no one is highly rated. That bodes ill for rolling the dice on a guy at 1.1. Furthermore, and I've not researched this, but I would bet dollar to donut that the guys you listed probably led their college teams to good if not great records. Who did that this year?

Hootie
02-28-2013, 10:28 PM
OK, looks like it was actually $35.5 million guaranteed.

http://deadspin.com/5836157/michael-vicks-100-million-contract-is-a-lie

Still stupid as hell.

and the contract was only $80M since the 6th year was a dummy year:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/31/michael-vick-contract-not_n_943441.html

and since he restructured this year I bet that guaranteed $$$ went down even further

still researching how gullible you are

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Unproven as decision makers does not equal same.

Ted Thompson wasn't the Green Bay GM until 2005, so your point is invalid.

Hootie
02-28-2013, 10:31 PM
so basically...

after restructuring

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-vick

he probably didn't even get all of that guaranteed money

WOW WHAT A MISTAKE! IT WAS SO HARD OF THE EAGLES TO GET OUT OF THAT FAKE $100M CONTRACT.

probably shouldn't use this point anymore GOATSE

Hootie
02-28-2013, 10:32 PM

wow you're like me circa 2009

NO ONE is on your side

I feel for you buddy.

RippedmyFlesh
02-28-2013, 10:34 PM

Green Bay has hit on tons of college players over the past 20+ years so to categorize him as being the same as ***** is not only incorrect, it's unfair,
I don't think any rational person could say this regime is the same as the past.
What I expect from these 2 is not only getting the right qb for us but to develop others for picks as they both been a part of in the past. To pass the first year with the top pick is puzzling at this point . It just seems like that was decided almost too quickly.

milkman
02-28-2013, 10:35 PM

Seriously?.

This is what you're going with?

LMAO

Hootie
02-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Seriously?.

LMAO

he's gone full Hootie

dirk digler
02-28-2013, 10:38 PM
so basically...

after restructuring

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-vick

he probably didn't even get all of that guaranteed money

WOW WHAT A MISTAKE! IT WAS SO HARD OF THE EAGLES TO GET OUT OF THAT FAKE $100M CONTRACT.

probably shouldn't use this point anymore GOATSE

I think his overall point is still valid. There is no way he deserved anywhere close to that big of a contract extension. Just like Cassel didn't.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 10:39 PM
wow you're like me circa 2009

NO ONE is on your side

I feel for you buddy.

I don't care. I'm just pointing out the absurdity that has taken over this forum and dominated it for months.

Apparently, Geno Smith, the QB of a 7-6 West Virginia team is the only man on planet Earth capable winning a Super Bowl for the Chiefs.

Andy Reid is now a dumbass and John Dorsey, despite his association with numerous QB's, many of them extremely successful in the NFL, has become a dumbass as well.

Without Chiefsplanet, I would have never known.

Hootie
02-28-2013, 10:40 PM
I think his overall point is still valid. There is no way he deserved anywhere close to that big of a contract extension. Just like Cassel didn't.

riiight

because he didn't just get done raping the NFL like never seen before

and the Eagles, you know, didn't build any outs into that contract where if he didn't perform at the same rape level as before they couldn't get out of it by say...2013...

they weren't smart enough to do that, were they?

oh

wait

they were

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Seriously?.

LMAO

That's what you said, isn't it?

Hootie
02-28-2013, 10:42 PM
I don't care. I'm just pointing out the absurdity that has taken over this forum and dominated it for months.

Apparently, Geno Smith, the QB of a 7-6 West Virginia team is the only man on planet Earth capable winning a Super Bowl for the Chiefs.

Andy Reid is now a dumbass and John Dorsey, despite his association with numerous QB's, many of them extremely successful in the NFL, has become a dumbass as well.

I would have easily forgiven him if he didn't take Geno #1 and addressed the QB somewhere else...

Excuse me for being unhappy we bid against ourselves for some reason and gave up the 2nd pick in the 2nd round for Alex Smith PLUS a conditional pick in 2014 that could also be a 2nd round pick.

OH AND, IN THE SPIRIT OF DANE...I'M GOING TO SCREAM AT YOU TO GET THIS POINT ACROSS...

TWO FUCKING WEEKS AGO YOU CALLED ME A FUCKING DIPSHIT ASS FUCKER FOR SUGGESTING THE VALUE OF ALEX SMITH TO BE A 2ND ROUND PICK. YOU SAID..."NO FUCKING WAY YOU ASSFUCKING DIPSHIT!"

but now that it has happened and it has happened to us PLUS A PICK...we're all dumb fucking fucks who jump off fucking buildings because we're low life fucking scumbag ass fucks

right dane?

DANE THE HYPOCRITE

RippedmyFlesh
02-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Ripped, sadly, you missed my point. In 2010 one guy was HIGHLY rated by everyone - Bradford. No one else was, and interestingly, no one else in that class has done squat. This year, no one is highly rated. That bodes ill for rolling the dice on a guy at 1.1. Furthermore, and I've not researched this, but I would bet dollar to donut that the guys you listed probably led their college teams to good if not great records. Who did that this year?

WV was a big east team playing a big 12 schedule. The WV coaching staff sucks.Doug Marrone clown faced those idiots. The point being Geno has had bad coaching and still did well.
The best college teams don't produce the best nfl qb's so w/l record is not exactly the best measuring stick. Teams win college games qb's win nfl games.

Hammock Parties
I want to make sure we're clear here.

Dane, are you saying Alex Smith is going to be a winning QB for the Chiefs?

That he can win playoff games? Or a Super Bowl?

Pick one or all three!

DaneMcCloud
I would have easily forgiven him if he didn't take Geno #1 and addressed the QB somewhere else...

Excuse me for being unhappy we bid against ourselves for some reason and gave up the 2nd pick in the 2nd round for Alex Smith PLUS a conditional pick in 2014 that could also be a 2nd round pick.

OH AND, IN THE SPIRIT OF DANE...I'M GOING TO SCREAM AT YOU TO GET THIS POINT ACROSS...

TWO FUCKING WEEKS AGO YOU CALLED ME A FUCKING DIPSHIT ASS FUCKER FOR SUGGESTING THE VALUE OF ALEX SMITH TO BE A 2ND ROUND PICK. YOU SAID..."NO FUCKING WAY YOU ASSFUCKING DIPSHIT!"

but now that it has happened and it has happened to us PLUS A PICK...we're all dumb fucking fucks who jump off fucking buildings because we're low life fucking scumbag ass fucks

right dane?

DANE THE HYPOCRITE

Compensation has yet to be revealed

Hootie
02-28-2013, 10:44 PM

why bother?

no matter what he says if you bring it up to him in 3 months if he's wrong he'll tell you you're a low life piece of shit who lives in his mother's basement and has no right questioning anything about him because he has a great job and his children speak four languages

Hootie
02-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Compensation has yet to be revealed

so when it's revealed, you're going to apologize to me I assume, right?

I'm not a big fan of being called a fucking dipshit ass fucker when I end up being right...you know?

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 10:45 PM

I'm not making any predictions. I'm stating that most of the posts in this thread and others were made by people that have ever even seen Alex Smith play and hate the trade because he Chiefs decided against a QB the draft.

milkman
02-28-2013, 10:47 PM

First, no one has said that about Geno.
Most would have been happy with 2 or 3 of the QBs in tbis group, and understand the potential for bust exists.
We're pissed because we 've seen this song and dance before.
You want proof of the truth in the saying that "withou risk, ther cvan be no reward"n look no further than the Chiefs.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 10:47 PM
so when it's revealed, you're going to apologize to me I assume, right?

I'm not a big fan of being called a fucking dipshit ass fucker when I end up being right...you know?

Can you link me? I probably called you a dipshit but I don't remember this specific incident, as I use that term towards you often.

ThaVirus
02-28-2013, 10:48 PM
You drunk, Milkman?

dirk digler
riiight

because he didn't just get done raping the NFL like never seen before

and the Eagles, you know, didn't build any outs into that contract where if he didn't perform at the same rape level as before they couldn't get out of it by say...2013...

they weren't smart enough to do that, were they?

oh

wait

they were

They didn't really have any simple outs other than cutting him but they would have had to do that 3 days after the SB. They didn't so he got his guaranteed $3 million dollars.

He chose to restructure because he knew no one else would give him a decent contract and a chance to be a starter.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/185088641.html

Hootie
I'm not making any predictions. I'm stating that most of the posts in this thread and others were made by people that have ever even seen Alex Smith play and hate the trade because he Chiefs decided against a QB the draft.

LMAO

you've seen EVERYONE play, eh?

I watch more NFL than you do. I just do. I'm single, I'm obsessed, I never work Sundays (for this reason), and I have 10 $$$$ FFL leagues that are LITERALLY the obsession in my life...plus I have a gambling problem.

I've been the most realistic person about Alex Smith on this board.

He's somewhere between Trent Dilfer and Trent Green. Green is his ceiling.

If he hits Green, sure...it may end up being a good trade.

BUT FUCKING EXCUSE US FOR NOT BEING HAPPY ABOUT THIS HAPPENING...AGAIN. It's a HOPELESS move for a fan base in DIRE need of HOPE.

what's so tough to get? Or can you not live without drama? Is stirring the pot the only thing that gets you through the day anymore?

Hootie
02-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Can you link me? I probably called you a dipshit but I don't remember this specific incident, as I use that term towards you often.

I'll find the thread in an hour. I am getting off of work as we speak. Picking up BW3 on the way home.

mr. tegu
02-28-2013, 10:49 PM

A 2-14 team should be able to improve much more than what it looks like we are going to do. We handcuffed ourselves and are going to miss out on the 34th pick which means we have basically no hope of getting a legitimate developmental QB.

Whoever we draft now with the first pick will make almost no difference in terms of wins/losses and will be a reach anyways.

If we draft Joekel and lose Albert we will have traded Albert, Cassel, the 34th pick, a conditional pick, and the first overall pick for Alex Smith and Luke Joekell. That is just sad to me.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 10:50 PM
First, no one has said that about Geno.
Most would have been happy with 2 or 3 of the QBs in tbis group, and understand the potential for bust exists.
We're pissed because we 've seen this song and dance before.
You want proof of the truth in the saying that "withou risk, ther cvan be no reward"n look no further than the Chiefs.

And I don't understand why people can't accept that no suitable QB, for whatever reason, appealed to Dorsey and Reid in the 2013 draft.

That doesn't mean that they will never draft and develop a QB. It means they didn't want to waste their time on a prospect they didn't believe in this year.

And if they win and win big, no one will give a shit how he was acquired.

Hootie
They didn't really have any simple outs other than cutting him but they would have had to do that 3 days after the SB. They didn't so he got his guaranteed $3 million dollars.

He chose to restructure because he knew no one else would give him a decent contract and a chance to be a starter.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/185088641.html

so you are proving my point?

that contract was a bloated contract and the Eagles had every out to get away from it without paying a ton of money to a starting NFL QB

it happens every year...look at Fitzpatrick, Cassel

the Vick contract really wasn't that bad...the fact he regressed was the issue but you can't fault Philly for locking him up after he raped faces...and had raped faces before prison as well

milkman
Second, I was on record when Reid wasz hired that. I didn't like it, so thinking he is't all that is how I've always tbought.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 10:51 PM
A 2-14 team should be able to improve much more than what it looks like we are going to do. We handcuffed ourselves and are going to miss out on the 34th pick which means we have basically no hope of getting a legitimate developmental QB.

Whoever we draft now with the first pick will make almost no difference in terms of wins/losses and will be a reach anyways.

If we draft Joekel and lose Albert we will have traded Albert, Cassel, the 34th pick, a conditional pick, and the first overall pick for Alex Smith and Luke Joekell. That is just sad to me.

Too many ifs

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Second, I was on record when Reid wasz hired that. I didn't like it, so thinking he is't all that is how I've always tbought.

But you don't like anybody, so this is no surprise.

dirk digler
02-28-2013, 10:52 PM

I am tired of getting some other teams rejects. We should be drafting our own rejects.

milkman
02-28-2013, 10:54 PM
You drunk, Milkman?

Posting from my phone, and I suck at this litte key board.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 10:56 PM
I am tired of getting some other teams rejects. We should be drafting our own rejects.

Sounds like a great plan.

"Hey guys, we're going to draft a piece of shit QB, play him for three years in hopes that he's not a complete failure while wasting the final years of Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson. Oh, and we'll continue to run the best running back in franchise history into the ground while we win 4 games a year. K?".

milkman
02-28-2013, 10:58 PM
And I don't understand why people can't accept that no suitable QB, for whatever reason, appealed to Dorsey and Reid in the 2013 draft.

That doesn't mean that they will never draft and develop a QB. It means they didn't want to waste their time on a prospect they didn't believe in this year.

And if they win and win big, no one will give a shit how he was acquired.

I can't accept it because I find the whole argument that these QBs are not azs good asz ones coming out the years before last to be utter bullshit.

Hootie
02-28-2013, 10:58 PM

"Hey guys, we're going to draft a piece of shit QB, play him for three years in hopes that he's not a complete failure while wasting the final years of Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson. Oh, and we'll continue to run the best running back in franchise history into the ground while we win 4 games a year. K?".

which is fine if we gave up a 4th and a conditional 4th in 2014 that could move up to a 2nd (or even a fucking 1st if he lit the world on fire)...

not fine for what we *reportedly* gave him...

the dude has limitations that sicken me...it's like, toss a coin and you might get Dilfer, toss it again and you might get Green...toss it again and you'll never get Rodgers

milkman
02-28-2013, 11:00 PM

We are going to be doing exactly that with Alex Smith.

mr. tegu
02-28-2013, 11:01 PM
Too many ifs

I hope I am wrong but that is how I see it playing out now. I am positive Reid can keep Smith being an efficient passer, but I just hate being stuck with another game manager and a QB that has physical limits that many others simply don't have.

If they make a concerted effort to go downfield I will be shocked but very happy. That is what I want to see. I want to see the underneath patterns actually resulting with room to run. I see so many teams have guys coming across the middle with no one near because the defense is stepping backwards before the snap instead of forward towards the line of scrimmage.

fabie
02-28-2013, 11:01 PM
Hello Chiefs' fans....I'm from the 49ers forum and NOT A TROLL. I am simply here to give you some heads up about Alex Smith. I have been a 49ers fan since 1980 and so I have no time for childish stuffs.

I really admired Alex Smith and am a bit known in our boards as an Alex homer. I am a staunch West Coast Offense supporter, big Bill Walsh supporter and of course now Jim Harbaugh supporter.

I also like Coach Andy Reid for being a Holmgren disciple and a WCO proponent and in this light you have reasons to be optimistic with Alex Smith. Alex Smith was subjected under unfair conditions with Coach Noland and Singletary both whom are responsible for the 49ers' demise for the last 8 years while in SF. Both have no clue how to coach, let alone both have no clue in any inclination in offense whatsoever.

Both also didn't support Alex Smith with an OC (remember he went through 7 years with different OCs everytime!) who can't really create any kind of momentum...bad offensive line and all.

And so with Andy Reid at the helm he would know how to use Alex Smith. He's gotten polished a bit under Jim Harbaugh in terminology and short/medium passing. So don't be panicking. He is stable and doesn't turn the ball over within the WCO.

He will be patient, and will get sack at most if there's no open "receivers". And thus the main key is the O-line, the running game and the playcalling to get him going. I will not BS you guys. He is a heady competitor and very efficient in the WCO.

Just don't expect anything spectacular. What he can give you is consistency and remember what he did against The Saints in the NFCCG last year? Well he was consistent and he loves the TE position (so sexual puns...bwahaha).

And so that's my 2 cents and wishing you guys luck.

dirk digler
02-28-2013, 11:03 PM

We have tried your way for 30 years and it hasn't worked out. I am not a Geno ball washer I just wanted them to identify the best QB out of the bunch and draft that guy.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 11:03 PM
There is absolutely no way anyone can make such a far-reaching judgment on any of these QBs that it rules them out in favor of Alex Smith.

You're basically saying there isn't a single game manager who's good at dumping the ball off in this draft.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 11:05 PM
We have tried your way for 30 years and it hasn't worked out. I am not a Geno ball washer I just wanted them to identify the best QB out of the bunch and draft that guy.

My way? LMAO

I lobbied for Brees in 2001. I lobbied for Sanchez in 2009. I lobbied for Clausen in 2010. I said the Chiefs should have given up every draft choice in 2012 and their first in 2013 for RGIII.

You're fucking stupid.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 11:06 PM
There is absolutely no way anyone can make such a far-reaching judgment on any of these QBs that it rules them out in favor of Alex Smith.

You're basically saying there isn't a single game manager who's good at dumping the ball off in this draft.

Riiiiight. If that was so easy, why get rid of Cassel?

dirk digler
02-28-2013, 11:07 PM
My way? LMAO

I lobbied for Brees in 2001. I lobbied for Sanchez in 2009. I lobbied for Clausen in 2010. I said the Chiefs should have given up every draft choice in 2012 and their first in 2013 for RGIII.

You're fucking stupid.

Fine then you shouldn't be bitching when we have a real opportunity to get our own QB not some reject from another team.

And if the guy we draft becomes an Alex Smith\Matt Cassel reject who gives a shit we just go draft another one and another one until we finally get it right.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Riiiiight. If that was so easy, why get rid of Cassel?

There's no shortage of reasons to get rid of him.

The trouble is you can apply most of that logic to Smith, too.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Fine then you shouldn't be bitching when we have a real opportunity to get our own QB not some reject from another team.

And if the guy we draft becomes an Alex Smith\Matt Cassel reject who gives a shit we just go draft another one and another one until we finally get it right.

That's just fucking brilliant logic. "The Chiefs should take a QB #1 because they've got the first pick".

JFC.

dirk digler
02-28-2013, 11:15 PM
That's just fucking brilliant logic. "The Chiefs should take a QB #1 because they've got the first pick".

JFC.

I don't care if we were picking first, 5th or 10th. Go identify the best QB in the draft and do what you can to get that guy. It is not complicated.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 11:16 PM
I don't care if we were picking first, 5th or 10th. Go identify the best QB in the draft and do what you can to get that guy. It is not complicated.

And what if the "best guy" is still complete shit?

That's apparently what Reid and Dorsey concluded.

fabie
02-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Hello Chiefs' fans....I'm from the 49ers forum and NOT A TROLL. I am simply here to give you some heads up about Alex Smith. I have been a 49ers fan since 1980 and so I have no time for childish stuffs.

I really admired Alex Smith and am a bit known in our boards as an Alex homer. I am a staunch West Coast Offense supporter, big Bill Walsh supporter and of course now Jim Harbaugh supporter.

I also like Coach Andy Reid for being a Holmgren disciple and a WCO proponent and in this light you have reasons to be optimistic with Alex Smith. Alex Smith was subjected under unfair conditions with Coach Noland and Singletary both whom are responsible for the 49ers' demise for the last 8 years while in SF. Both have no clue how to coach, let alone both have no clue in any inclination in offense whatsoever.

Both also didn't support Alex Smith with an OC (remember he went through 7 years with different OCs everytime!) who can't really create any kind of momentum...bad offensive line and all.

And so with Andy Reid at the helm he would know how to use Alex Smith. He's gotten polished a bit under Jim Harbaugh in terminology and short/medium passing. So don't be panicking. He is stable and doesn't turn the ball over within the WCO.

He will be patient, and will get sack at most if there's no open "receivers". And thus the main key is the O-line, the running game and the playcalling to get him going. I will not BS you guys. He is a heady competitor and very efficient in the WCO.

Just don't expect anything spectacular. What he can give you is consistency and remember what he did against The Saints in the NFCCG last year? Well he was consistent and he loves the TE position (so sexual puns...bwahaha).

And so that's my 2 cents and wishing you guys luck.
Any thoughts?

tk13
02-28-2013, 11:25 PM
The funny thing is, if this was the Eagles, I'd actually feel pretty confident Smith would have some success. We have yet to see if Reid can carry that magic over though. This franchise is cursed that way. Reid got solid performances out of McNabb. Dragged an over the hill 95 year old Jeff Garcia into the playoffs, and almost to the conference championship game... and took a guy who'd been in prison and hadn't started for 4 years to his best passing season, by far... and into the playoffs.

Cmd'r&Chief
02-28-2013, 11:28 PM
The fact of the matter is, if Alex Smith fails, there will likely be a riot. But if he does end up doing well every single fan will become a die hard supporter.

There are just as many stories of moderate QB's being successful with another team, as there are Failed hand-me downs that have done nothing but disappoint.

What we need to do is exactly as every one on the team is going to do, and that's support our QB. Talk shit after he fails(if he fails). Because do we want him to fail? Ask yourselves that. Do you want Alex Smith to fail, and be a complete bust? Any honest, realistic Chiefs fan would obviously say no. Alex Smith is your QB, whether you want him to be or not. So why not be supportive and encourage our team to do well. Leave the shit talking til after he screws everything up.

dirk digler
02-28-2013, 11:29 PM
And what if the "best guy" is still complete shit?

That's apparently what Reid and Dorsey concluded.

They maybe shit or they may not. Draft picks are crapshoots. I am sure the 49ers thought they had their guy in Smith until they benched him 4 times and then traded him.

The point is it appears the Chiefs for whatever reason are scared to draft a QB high. And until we do we will never win a damn thing.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2013, 11:30 PM
The fact of the matter is, if Alex Smith fails, there will likely be a riot. But if he does end up doing well every single fan will become a die hard supporter.

http://i.imgur.com/mUwKd3S.jpg

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 11:35 PM
They maybe shit or they may not. Draft picks are crapshoots. I am sure the 49ers thought they had their guy in Smith until they benched him 4 times and then traded him.

The point is it appears the Chiefs for whatever reason are scared to draft a QB high. And until we do we will never win a damn thing.

:shake:

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2013, 11:36 PM

And if Alex Smith wins a playoff game next year in KC, there will be no bigger fan than you.

Stop it.

Cannibal
02-28-2013, 11:39 PM

Holy shit

O.city
02-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Obviously Reid and Dorsey didnt like the top qbs in this class. Maybe they like Wilson or bray better, we shall see. It sucks, but they got a guy who can probably be a 2 year guy til they find their guy.

It's not the way we wanted the whole thing to play out but it is what it is. Who knows, we are obviously trading down, get some more picks maybe they end up with their bpa and a qb in te first couple rounds, who knows. Just have to let it play out

Ming the Merciless
02-28-2013, 11:59 PM
There are just as many stories of moderate QB's being successful with another team, as there are Failed hand-me downs that have done nothing but disappoint.

Can you please tell me some stories of guys on their 7th OC who went on to win a superbowl with a new team?

That will make my day

ItsABeautifulDay
03-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Just enough to keep him for 5 years.

Mav
03-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Any thoughts?

Fabie, you will get no where on here dude. Its pointless. Between the niner trolls like fjrider, beast21, harbernick, and other douches, the chiefs fans were already pissed the fuck off about this trade, now all of these turds are here isnt helping. Good to see you though.

okcchief
03-01-2013, 12:12 AM
I fucking hate this trade, and what we gave up. I've watched Smith plenty since my wife is a Niners fans. In fact, the 2011 season I told her she was rooting for the 90's Chiefs. Great team, but the QB play will fuck you in the end. Isn't karma a mother fucker.

After a day of being angry I've decided to give it a chance. Reid knows what he needs better than any of us do whether we want to admit that or not. It doesn't mean he's going to end up being right, and I personally don't see it, but I will defer. I liked the hire of Dorsey and Reid so it's hypocritical if I flip over their first move. They obviously don't like any QB with a high pick, but will pick a developmental guy with the third or forth pick.

I hope the compensation is wrong because my biggest problem is how much we paid for him. I think you could have waited it out longer, and still got him. If someone else moved harder. They must see something in him to be a late bloomer. I hope they are fucking right. I'm a Chiefs fan, and always will be. Yes, I'm that stupid. I'll let it play out and see how it goes. Just please don't fucking extend this guy without him proving himself for a year.

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2013, 12:15 AM

right dane?

DANE THE HYPOCRITE

You still have yet to link me, Hootie.

I search my last 500 posts and found nothing. I search "Alex" and "Smith" with your User Name and found nothing.

I think you're smoking crack.

Mav
03-01-2013, 12:18 AM
I ****ing hate this trade, and what we gave up. I've watched Smith plenty since my wife is a Niners fans. In fact, the 2011 season I told her she was rooting for the 90's Chiefs. Great team, but the QB play will **** you in the end. Isn't karma a mother ****er.

After a day of being angry I've decided to give it a chance. Reid knows what he needs better than any of us do whether we want to admit that or not. It doesn't mean he's going to end up being right, and I personally don't see it, but I will defer. I liked the hire of Dorsey and Reid so it's hypocritical if I flip over their first move. They obviously don't like any QB with a high pick, but will pick a developmental guy with the third or forth pick.

I hope the compensation is wrong because my biggest problem is how much we paid for him. I think you could have waited it out longer, and still got him. If someone else moved harder. They must see something in him to be a late bloomer. I hope they are ****ing right. I'm a Chiefs fan, and always will be. Yes, I'm that stupid. I'll let it play out and see how it goes. Just please don't ****ing extend this guy without him proving himself for a year.

Great post. Not that my opinion means a shit. I get it. Alex Smith is nothing sexy as a qb goes. My initial thought when he was coming here was Andy wanted him because he doesnt turn the ball over, and can help you guys win this year. I never once thought oh, this is the qb that Andy thinks he can win a super bowl with. Clearly he thought what many thought, there arent any first year starting qbs in this draft that he can win a super bowl with. The important thing is going to be getting the oline solidified, and keeping bowe.....i know, you guys know way more about your team than i do. my bad.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2013, 12:18 AM

That is infinity-percent bullshit.

Mav
03-01-2013, 12:20 AM
That is infinity-percent bullshit.

The only one i could think of, was Drew Brees.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2013, 12:21 AM
This board is a perfect example for why there will never be another American Revolution no matter what happens in this country. People will get instantly pissed off about something, then rationalize it away the very next day.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2013, 12:22 AM

Jim Plunkett is another, but they are outweighed about 600-1.

fabie
03-01-2013, 12:24 AM
Fabie, you will get no where on here dude. Its pointless. Between the niner trolls like fjrider, beast21, harbernick, and other douches, the chiefs fans were already pissed the **** off about this trade, now all of these turds are here isnt helping. Good to see you though.
That's alright....most people have made up their minds (doesn't matter what team). That's why there's always people who will surprised later. As of our team, though glad that we moved on it isn't without gratefulness of what Alex brought to the niners.

He is the classiest, most loyal, and persevering players I've ever seen. And he isn't a slouch on capability either. Just wishing him the very best and the Chiefs would be surprised later on. Andy Reid ain't no slouch either and he would know how to use Alex.

okcchief
03-01-2013, 12:36 AM
This board is a perfect example for why there will never be another American Revolution no matter what happens in this country. People will get instantly pissed off about something, then rationalize it away the very next day.

You had the revolution. Got the people out you wanted to get out. Got people in that (in my case) wanted to get in. Yes, I hate the fucking trade, and believe its not going to work. However, strange things can happen, and that's what makes sports special.

What do you want to do? Start another SOC campaign right after the other one was a success? Expect Clark Hunt to immediately override the staff he selected? Burn down Arrowhead? None of that is going to happen. At this point you either decide you are a fan, and see what happens. You go root for another team or you just stop paying attention all together. I don't blame anyone for selecting any of these options, and don't know why anyone would.

If you want to start a revolution more power to you. In the end it's just football. The good news is in 10 years it will be flag football and I won't give a shit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2013, 12:38 AM
You had the revolution. Got the people out you wanted to get out. Got people in that (in my case) wanted to get in. Yes, I hate the fucking trade, and believe its not going to work. However, strange things can happen, and that's what makes sports special.

What do you want to do? Start another SOC campaign right after the other one was a success? Expect Clark Hunt to immediately override the staff he selected? Burn down Arrowhead? None of that is going to happen. At this point you either decide you are a fan, and see what happens. You go root for another team or you just stop paying attention all together. I don't blame anyone for selecting any of these options, and don't know why anyone would.

If you want to start a revolution more power to you. In the end it's just football. The good news is in 10 years it will be flag football and I won't give a shit.

I'm just waiting for the new league year, then I'm cutting the Chiefs out of my life like the fucking tumor they are.

Imon Yourside
03-01-2013, 12:39 AM
This checkdown shit could work if the NFL decides to widen the field. We could draft 2 more Mclacklusters and utilize the run and pray offense.

okcchief
03-01-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm just waiting for the new league year, then I'm cutting the Chiefs out of my life like the fucking tumor they are.

Believe me. I've considered it, and can't blame you. I love football though, and for whatever fucking reason I had to be born near a very frustrating franchise. I've gone this long I might as well let them finish me off.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2013, 12:44 AM
I root for a team that does things the right way. There's no need to be in an emotionally abusive fan relationship with one that treats its customers like scum and asks them to buy the same shit over and over again.

Just imagine if Coke came out with New Coke once every four years, only they didn't change back to the original formula. People finally got upset and they said, "Alright, we'll change the formula." Then they go out and use the same formula in a different bottling plant. Now imagine they do this for 20 straight years.

How many people would still drink Coke?

cdcox
03-01-2013, 12:51 AM

Then he's not my QB.

Direckshun
03-01-2013, 12:53 AM

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-01-2013, 12:56 AM

Top man. Liberated from the absolute, pointless insanity of One Dumbass Drive, we shall be free to pursue and create vibrant new alliances, and forge new paths of destiny.
Posted via Mobile Device

cdcox
03-01-2013, 12:59 AM

Brees last 2 years in SD were damn good. Far better than Alex D. Smith has ever accomplished (hint, look at production, not just efficiency). SD could have ended up holding on to him, except for the injury in his last game in SD. That tipped the balance to going with Rivers.

Hammock Parties
03-01-2013, 01:02 AM
What's hilarious is that cdcox's sandbox league had Alex. D Smith beating my Tom Brady-led juggernaut and winning the championship, if memory serves.

Fuck your coding, cdcox.

cdcox
03-01-2013, 01:09 AM
Fabie, you will get no where on here dude. Its pointless. Between the niner trolls like fjrider, beast21, harbernick, and other douches, the chiefs fans were already pissed the **** off about this trade, now all of these turds are here isnt helping. Good to see you though.

You're the niner troll with your patronizing statements trying to convince us that we've got a really good QB, when in reality, you're the one that has the potential for a great QB. In 10 games Kaepernick has developed into a better QB than Alex D. Smith has in six years. Think about that. Quit trying to be our big brother, telling us that everything is going to be OK, and just go back to your board and enjoy your franchise QB. You have no roll to play here.

ChiefsCountry
03-01-2013, 01:12 AM
You're the niner troll with your patronizing statements trying to convince us that we've got a really good QB, when in reality, you're the one that has the potential for a great QB. In 10 games Kaepernick has developed into a better QB than Alex D. Smith has in six years. Think about that. Quit trying to be our big brother, telling us that everything is going to be OK, and just go back to your board and enjoy your franchise QB. You have no roll to play here.

Nope, he is a Alex Smith fan. He denounced being a Niner fan over Alex Fucking Smith. That should tell you all about him. That would be like one of us becoming a Ravens fan because they signed Grbac.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Nope, he is a Alex Smith fan. He denounced being a Niner fan over Alex Fucking Smith. That should tell you all about him. That would be like one of us becoming a Ravens fan because they signed Grbac.

Sounds to me like he's the 49er version of De'nise.

cdcox
03-01-2013, 01:14 AM
What's hilarious is that cdcox's sandbox league had Alex. D Smith beating my Tom Brady-led juggernaut and winning the championship, if memory serves.

**** your coding, cdcox.

10 lines of coding will fix that. Last year we put in the Darren Sproles code to account for his low carries in the NFL. This year it will be the Alex D. Smith code to account QBs who live in a sheltered offense.

Mav
03-01-2013, 01:16 AM

Hey, first, im not a troll, second, how do you THInk that kaep developed so fast? And its what i have been trying to tell people like you. Dont worry. im very good at this game. Two years ago, when jim took over, i made a bet with the 49ers board that alex would have over a 87 rating, took bets, losers had to leave. i was the only one to take the over. You want me gone? Fine, here you go. Ill make this the ABA bet here, (anybody but alex).

If alex smith doesnt get the chiefs to the playoffs, ill leave this board forever.....

If he does, you put me in your sig as your daddy for a year.

Mav
03-01-2013, 01:17 AM
Nope, he is a Alex Smith fan. He denounced being a Niner fan over Alex ****ing Smith. That should tell you all about him. That would be like one of us becoming a Ravens fan because they signed Grbac.

Wrong again. Listen girly mouth, i denounced the niners because of dick head niner fans. thats pretty much it. I couldnt even enjoy watching a game because of their incessant whining.

ItsABeautifulDay
03-01-2013, 01:18 AM
Hey, first, im not a troll, second, how do you THInk that kaep developed so fast? And its what i have been trying to tell people like you. Dont worry. im very good at this game. Two years ago, when jim took over, i made a bet with the 49ers board that alex would have over a 87 rating, took bets, losers had to leave. i was the only one to take the over. You want me gone? Fine, here you go. Ill make this the ABA bet here, (anybody but alex).

If alex smith doesnt get the chiefs to the playoffs, ill leave this board forever.....

It definitely wasn't because of his great physical talent, confidence, Jim Harbaugh and co, or the great players around him.

It was all Alex Smith and his ability to play 'big brother'.

cdcox
03-01-2013, 01:18 AM

I want a Super Bowl victory. Actually, a dynasty is really my expectation. Lots of bad Chiefs teams made the playoffs. That isn't satisfying. Is Alex Smith a dynasty QB?

Mav
03-01-2013, 01:22 AM
I want a Super Bowl victory. Actually, a dynasty is really my expectation. Lots of bad Chiefs teams made the playoffs. That isn't satisfying. Is Alex Smith a dynasty QB?

Nope. Do you think that Colin Kaepernick can be? All Alex Smith is going to be this year is a leader. hes going to baby the offense enough that you guys win close games, meanwhile he will show your qbotf how to be a true professional. Thats also while they arent extending him. In two years he will be gone, and your qbotf will be ready to take over. Thats all this was. Sorry that doesnt meet the expectation that Geno Smith or Matt Barkley was going to come in this year, and be Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, or RG3. That qb is not in this draft, Andy knows that, so the next best thing, was getting a qb who isnt going to lose games. It isnt the sexy option, but its the right option given this draft. You think if the chiefs had the first pick last year they would of traded for alex fucking smith?

Mav
03-01-2013, 01:23 AM
It definitely wasn't because of his great physical talent, confidence, Jim Harbaugh and co, or the great players around him.

It was all Alex Smith and his ability to play 'big brother'.

Can you deny that it wasnt a lot of it? Forget camp alex?

ItsABeautifulDay
03-01-2013, 01:28 AM
Can you deny that it wasnt a lot of it? Forget camp alex?

I'm pretty sure I laid out the reasons for why I think Colin Kaepernick was successful.

The only real 'help' Alex Smith provided in Kaep's development was a year buffer so Kaep wouldn't be thrown in the fire. Matt Cassel or any other scrub could have done the same with how good the '11 Niners Defense, ST, and run game were.

What did Alex teach Kaep? How to not recognize a defense other than Cover-2? How to take a sack because your first read wasn't open even if the protection is good? How to complete a 3 yard pass on 3rd and long? How to consistently miss seeing wide open players down field? And How to airmail the players deep that he does see?

And on and on.

The beautiful part about this is in a year you might finally see what the rest of the competent NFL fans see.

Mav
03-01-2013, 01:31 AM
I'm pretty sure I laid out the reasons for why I think Colin Kaepernick was successful.

The only real 'help' Alex Smith provided in Kaep's development was a year buffer so Kaep wouldn't be thrown in the fire. Matt Cassel or any other scrub could have done the same with how good the '11 Niners Defense, ST, and run game were.

What did Alex teach Kaep? How to not recognize a defense other than Cover-2? How to take a sack because your first read wasn't open even if the protection is good? How to complete a 3 yard pass on 3rd and long? How to consistently miss seeing wide open players down field? And How to airmail the players deep that he does see?

And on and on.

The beautiful part about this is in a year you might finally see what the rest of the competent NFL fans see.

Its you who doesnt get it. Im fully aware of the limitations on the field. He takes too many sacks, he misses some open guys. I get it. I always have. but the good that he has done the last two years for the 49ers if often underestimated, and over looked, and anyone who points that out, gets crushed because hes not colin, or aaron, and thats fine. But for what andy reid brought him here to do is perfect for alex smith. care taker, professional, leader, teacher. Can alex smith not do all of that?

okcchief
03-01-2013, 01:34 AM
I root for a team that does things the right way. There's no need to be in an emotionally abusive fan relationship with one that treats its customers like scum and asks them to buy the same shit over and over again.

Just imagine if Coke came out with New Coke once every four years, only they didn't change back to the original formula. People finally got upset and they said, "Alright, we'll change the formula." Then they go out and use the same formula in a different bottling plant. Now imagine they do this for 20 straight years.

How many people would still drink Coke?

You should have left a long time ago if this statement is true :)

Imon Yourside
03-01-2013, 01:36 AM
Its you who doesnt get it. Im fully aware of the limitations on the field. He takes too many sacks, he misses some open guys. I get it. I always have. but the good that he has done the last two years for the 49ers if often underestimated, and over looked, and anyone who points that out, gets crushed because hes not colin, or aaron, and thats fine. But for what andy reid brought him here to do is perfect for alex smith. care taker, professional, leader, teacher. Can alex smith not do all of that?

Matt Cassel can do all of that, we didn't need another worthless QB to do that.

ItsABeautifulDay
03-01-2013, 01:37 AM

The problem is the team around him isn't as good. The coach isn't as good (for Smith at least). He will have to learn a new playbook (albeit similar). We KNOW that's not promising for Smith. He will have to build chemistry with his teammates.

And after all that, if it works, you get a guy who can get you about 1 TD a game and will absolutely play like garbage against defenses that can generate pressure.

Andy Reid likes to abandon the run and be pass happy. Not good for Smith.
Andy Reid likes to run elaborate screens and Smith has never been good in the screen game. Not good for Smith.
Andy Reid likes to run downfield passing routes that take time to open up. Not good for Smith.

Now either Smith is going to a jump to an all new level, Reid is going to change philosophically, or this will be a disaster.

Again I don't hate him. I'm glad he turned it around from being a total bust to an average QB. I'm also glad he's not the starting QB anymore!

Hammock Parties
03-01-2013, 01:38 AM
The Chiefs are a cruel bunch of bastards who will inevitably steal 'Hamas' attention by drafting a QB.

He can't resist the siren call of an actual QB with talent destroying Alex Smith.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2013, 01:40 AM
We drafted Ricky Stanzi's dumb ass in the fifth and I had no problem walking past him like the cloven-hooved whore he is.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-01-2013, 01:48 AM
Wrong again. Listen girly mouth, i denounced the niners because of dick head niner fans. thats pretty much it. I couldnt even enjoy watching a game because of their incessant whining.

jesus you are pathetic.
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna
03-01-2013, 02:31 AM
Go sit on a pickle jar big boy.

Actually, it will probably be the opposite. He will start slow, and get better as he gets more familiar.

Leave.

look@dafilm
03-01-2013, 03:23 AM
Competitive. around 8-8