PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs RE: D. Bowe...just overheard on sports radio:

T-post Tom
03-01-2013, 06:42 PM
From Mike (610) on the Late Show: The only reason there's any conversation about D. Bowe's past behavior....is because he's black. If he were white, there would be no talk about his past issues.

Where's the controversy? I didn't realize that this conversation was going on. Most all Chiefs' fans I know want him signed. I haven't heard much other than an occasional laugh at "the Clarks" comment. I know he showed up overweight one season and that the Peeholy Gestapo nixed "The Bowe Show". And we all got a laugh out of the "importing" comments. But I haven't heard any fans mention that stuff in ages. So who's having this conversation about Bowe being a knucklehead? Or is this more hyperbole/race baiting to generate listeners?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Hair Show.

gblowfish
03-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Bowe is a not a smart guy. From the comment about "importing" to thanking "The Clarks" he's just not a real sharp knife in the drawer. Good player, just not real bright.

RealSNR
03-01-2013, 06:47 PM
For a WR, he doesn't do the "Me me me" act that so many guys pull. He doesn't rip on anybody. He's polite to the fans and media. Never been arrested. His "drug" thing was because he didn't know one of his supplements included a diuretic. Puts up solid production. Works hard. Appears to want to remain a Chief in spite of the endless stream of losses they've suffered. He once flexed at the camera... WHAT? HE FUCKING FLEXED AT THE CAMERA

CUT THAT LOCKER ROOM CANCER :cuss:

Molitoth
03-01-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm so sick of even racial discussion.

T-post Tom
03-01-2013, 06:50 PM
For a WR, he doesn't do the "Me me me" act that so many guys pull. He doesn't rip on anybody. He's polite to the fans and media. Never been arrested. His "drug" thing was because he didn't know one of his supplements included a diuretic. Puts up solid production. Works hard. Appears to want to remain a Chief in spite of the endless stream of losses they've suffered. He once flexed at the camera... WHAT? HE ****ING FLEXED AT THE CAMERA

So who's saying that? I haven't heard anyone mention that in ages. I've not heard anyone say that they didn't want him back. In fact, most are essentially saying "Show Bowe the money." Does anyone here not want Bowe back? I can't imagine that.

Rain Man
03-01-2013, 06:51 PM
I like Dwayne. I don't see any controversy or risk with him. Does he import a few women now and then? Sure. But what else are you going to do at road games?

T-post Tom
03-01-2013, 06:55 PM
I like Dwayne. I don't see any controversy or risk with him. Does he import a few women now and then? Sure. But what else are you going to do at road games?

Art VanDelay approves this post.

Rain Man
03-01-2013, 06:57 PM

I mean, if anybody had told him...

T-post Tom
03-01-2013, 07:02 PM
I mean, if anybody had told him...

True. And he can flex all he wants if he's catching passes. Hell, he can go full Bennie Thompson and do the "fire hydrant" for all I care. He's the best WR on the team and every effort should be made to keep him.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-01-2013, 07:06 PM
There are star white WRs? Well there is that little guy from NE who can't seem to keep his mouth shut.

bowener
03-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Is there a chance the Chiefs don't keep him on the team? And if they do lose him, will they be forced to go after Wallace who is going to demand more money?

pr_capone
03-01-2013, 07:27 PM

From VanDelay Industries?!?!? Damn... high praise.

RealSNR
03-01-2013, 07:35 PM
So who's saying that? I haven't heard anyone mention that in ages. I've not heard anyone say that they didn't want him back. In fact, most are essentially saying "Show Bowe the money." Does anyone here not want Bowe back? I can't imagine that.

KC Sports radio, Facebook, and Twitter.

I'd say well over half of Kansas City's fans don't like Bowe. In their minds, he drops passes, which means he must not work hard.

RealSNR
03-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Is there a chance the Chiefs don't keep him on the team? And if they do lose him, will they be forced to go after Wallace who is going to demand more money?

You may be forced to change your name to Baldwiner

NJChiefsFan
03-01-2013, 07:37 PM
KC Sports radio, Facebook, and Twitter.

I'd say well over half of Kansas City's fans don't like Bowe. In their minds, he drops passes, which means he must not work hard.

I'm not sure it's half. It is more than it should be. Sports radio and twitter especially seem to favor negative reactions, so I would expect it to come off unbalanced even if it isn't. I would be much more motivated to call end and let off steam about something than to call in and talk about how much I really like a certain player.

Ace Gunner
03-01-2013, 07:37 PM
well this could be a positive. we could make this a national thing. you know, like an awareness thing.

pr_capone
03-01-2013, 07:41 PM

That is a mighty big assumption. I don't think anyone questions how hard he works. What people question is his ability to catch the football on occasion.

Yes, I have been a critic of his for years. I realize he is one of the best WRs the Chiefs have had but seriously fellas... the bar isn't set all that ****ing high. Yes, he should be extended and retained... no question. That said, I can think of numerous receivers I would exchange for Bowe without hesitation.

BlackHelicopters
03-01-2013, 07:42 PM

And you want to be my latex salesman.

Gravedigger
03-01-2013, 08:04 PM
610 pulls the race card every time they want to spark controversy. It's either Welch trying to take a page from Nick's ole playbook or the station lead saying, "Ya know what we need, we need to call out people for their race again. That'll put us above 810 in the ratings." Then the next day you'll hear Danny Parkins on the radio almost pleading with listeners to not turn the dial, and that they bring us breaking news via conversations with Steve Breaston and Brandon Albert, even though Albert called into the show. The only reason I listen to 610 sometimes is because 810 is talking about boring stuff or on commercial. I liked Nick when he was there, but the only person I can stang besides Klingler is Carrington Harrison. I like the Big Show, but can't stand Vernier, he's whiny, and when the other two tried to talk to him about why Alex Smith is a terrible deal Vernier says, "I get it, I understand, you can't argue with it.".... but then he argues with it.

threebag
03-01-2013, 08:10 PM

The fucking odd ones aren't that great either

Prison Bitch
03-01-2013, 08:13 PM
I repeat Bowe because he's tough as nails and he goes over the middle with force.

bevischief
03-01-2013, 08:16 PM
When your QB is pooping his pants how much accuracy do you expect Cassel to have? Of course Bowe is going to drop passes. You try catching a pass from someone who is having a bowel movement at the same time he is trying to throw a pass.

Deberg_1990
03-01-2013, 08:44 PM
I've said for awhile now that if Jared Allen had been black, he would have been crucified , then ran out of town by the fanbase
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink
03-01-2013, 08:46 PM
if he's catching passes.

And there's the rub, especially late in the 4th when you need to extend the drive on that 3rd down conversion play for a 1st down.

You are correct stating "IF".:D

BigMeatballDave
03-01-2013, 09:09 PM
People who bitch about Bowe dropping passes need to be kicked in the head repeatedly.

BossChief
03-01-2013, 09:14 PM
It will be interesting to see what they agree on.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2013, 09:22 PM
I've said for awhile now that if Jared Allen had been black, he would have been crucified , then ran out of town by the fanbase
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you think that was a factor in the Geno backlash?

pr_capone
03-01-2013, 09:34 PM
People who bitch about Bowe dropping passes need to be kicked in the head repeatedly.

jump when froggy

FRCDFED
03-01-2013, 09:40 PM
That is a mighty big assumption. I don't think anyone questions how hard he works. What people question is his ability to catch the football on occasion.

Yes, I have been a critic of his for years. I realize he is one of the best WRs the Chiefs have had but seriously fellas... the bar isn't set all that ****ing high. Yes, he should be extended and retained... no question. That said, I can think of numerous receivers I would exchange for Bowe without hesitation.
This.

BigMeatballDave
03-01-2013, 10:01 PM
jump when froggy

Did you know Bowe had fewer drops than Megatron?

Did you know that Bowe and Fitz put up similar numbers while each were catching passes from shitty QBs?

No, I don't think Bowe is as good as them.

I do think he could be with solid QB play.

KChiefs1
03-01-2013, 10:03 PM

Playing the race card is so the 90's.

Dixie Land
03-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Did you know Bowe had fewer drops than Megatron?

Did you know that Bowe and Fitz put up similar numbers while each were catching passes from shitty QBs?

No, I don't think Bowe is as good as them.

I do think he could be with solid QB play.

YEAH and solid QB play aint gonna happen with Alex Smiff at the helm...his numbers will drop and he will get frustrated....he would be best advised by his agent to leave town....1-2 years with Smiff will ruin his career..Black or White.:cuss:

T-post Tom
03-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll have to completely (but respectfully) disagree with you on that. Fans were forgiving of his DUIs because of his on-the-field performance. (His penchant for being the affable class clown didn't hurt his cause either.) That and the fact that King Peterson drew a line in the sand with his public declaration of Allen being a "player at risk." At that time, you could easily curry favor with the Chiefs' fanbase by feuding with Peterson. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Gravedigger
03-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Some people may have disapproved of Jared Allen based on DUI's but the city would have loved him no matter what color he was. We have two OLB's that both have marijuana checkmarks against them and they're black and I haven't ever heard anyone say a negative thing about the character of either. Jared Allen was too much fun, if he would've caused a wreck and killed someone in one of his DUI's then sure the city would've dismissed him, but his color still wouldn't be a factor.

durtyrute
03-02-2013, 12:45 AM
610 pulls the race card every time they want to spark controversy. It's either Welch trying to take a page from Nick's ole playbook or the station lead saying, "Ya know what we need, we need to call out people for their race again. That'll put us above 810 in the ratings." Then the next day you'll hear Danny Parkins on the radio almost pleading with listeners to not turn the dial, and that they bring us breaking news via conversations with Steve Breaston and Brandon Albert, even though Albert called into the show. The only reason I listen to 610 sometimes is because 810 is talking about boring stuff or on commercial. I liked Nick when he was there, but the only person I can stang besides Klingler is Carrington Harrison. I like the Big Show, but can't stand Vernier, he's whiny, and when the other two tried to talk to him about why Alex Smith is a terrible deal Vernier says, "I get it, I understand, you can't argue with it.".... but then he argues with it.

I feel the exact same way about 610.

Consistent1
03-02-2013, 01:15 AM
For a WR, he doesn't do the "Me me me" act that so many guys pull. He doesn't rip on anybody. He's polite to the fans and media. Never been arrested. His "drug" thing was because he didn't know one of his supplements included a diuretic. Puts up solid production. Works hard. Appears to want to remain a Chief in spite of the endless stream of losses they've suffered. He once flexed at the camera... WHAT? HE ****ING FLEXED AT THE CAMERA

For all your "rape" tough guy shit, you sure are one dumb motherfucker. His supplements, lol, nobody in the NFL even bothers with that shit other than maybe protein powder. And maybe some female in your family getting busted up would be all rape, rape, rape, rape in your head. Funny shit then.

Consistent1
03-02-2013, 01:18 AM
I'm not trying to be stupid, but that shit has offended my for quite awhile, sorry for getting pissed.

MahiMike
03-02-2013, 01:38 AM
This just in - a black dude played the race card.

Just how many cards are in that deck anyways?

pr_capone
03-02-2013, 01:40 AM

Fish
03-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Bowe has had a shit carousel of QBs throwing to him and still has managed 3 1000yd seasons. 4 if you count his 995 rookie season. The seasons he played 16 games, he averaged over 1000yds.

pr_capone
03-02-2013, 01:46 AM
Bowe has had a shit carousel of QBs throwing to him and still has managed 3 1000yd seasons. 4 if you count his 995 rookie season. The seasons he played 16 games, he averaged over 1000yds.

And a good 65% of those yards are from garbage time.

Mark Kasl to Bowe was the garbage time version of Montana to Rice.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-02-2013, 01:46 AM
I'm not trying to be stupid, but that shit has offended my for quite awhile, sorry for getting pissed.

You just got raped by the niners, so I understand.
Posted via Mobile Device

warpaint*
03-02-2013, 02:42 AM
Sure he's dumb as a post but who gives a crap he's also a ba mofo.
Back up the Brinks truck and make it happen.

KCinNY
03-02-2013, 04:07 AM
Is Bowe perfect? Of course not. Even his strongest supporters would say he's second tier WR(below the likes of Megatron and Fitzgerald).

He is, however, undoubtedly the best WR drafted by the team since Otis Taylor.

I don't get why he has so many detractors in the KC fanbase. I remember caller after caller wanting him cut after he dropped a TD at Indy in 2010.

Really shouldn't ever be surprised at local fan idiocy. One guy at work passionately hates D. Bowe but thinks McCluster is an electric playmaker who's been victimized by poor coaching.

ArmyChief
03-02-2013, 05:00 AM
Granted that Bowe has dropped a crap ton of passes that were go ahead scores or chances to tie the game or keep the chains moving. He's still one of the best WRs in the league (top 5 nothing more). He deserves to get paid and of all the LSU chumps former regimes have drafted, he's worth keeping on this team. Get the dayum deal done before the FA clock starts in 10 days!!

PA Chiefs
03-02-2013, 05:45 AM
sign him or tag him but we better keep him

bevischief
03-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Do you think that was a factor in the Geno backlash?

Yes.

CoMoChief
03-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Bowe is a not a smart guy. From the comment about "importing" to thanking "The Clarks" he's just not a real sharp knife in the drawer. Good player, just not real bright.

I mean are these really even issues at all though?

He's never gotten into trouble with the law.

He doesn't seem to be a lockeroom cancer.

He's not a dickhead, just maybe your typical ego-driven pro athelete.

The worse thing he's done was get suspended by the league for taking a banned substance used for losing weight so he could get into playing shape. BFD

bevischief
03-02-2013, 07:35 AM
When you have Cassel doing a bowel movement every time he felt pressure, you try catching that ball...

BigMeatballDave
03-02-2013, 08:02 AM

JC doesn't appear to be very bright, either.

As long as he keeps ripping off 80 yard runs, I don't care if he's fully retarded.

thabear04
03-02-2013, 10:15 AM
When is the last day we can tag someone?

Halfcan
03-02-2013, 10:21 AM

:thumb: Great post- not to mention he has had the Worst Qb's in history throwing to him- plus being double teamed constantly.

It would be dumb not to sign him and let him retire with all the chiefs receiving records.

Bump
03-02-2013, 10:23 AM
remind me what "problems" D Bowe had? I have forgotten about it, it's been so long.

ROYC75
03-02-2013, 10:29 AM
This whole argument is equivalent to stupid being stupid.

Any other comments ( media or anybody ) are for entertainment purposes.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-02-2013, 10:35 AM
fuck you Alex Smith

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/03/01/4094599/chiefs-will-have-75-million-in.html

Reaper16
03-02-2013, 10:38 AM
This just in - a black dude played the race card.

There are, to use your rhetoric, infinite race cards in any non-white person's deck, because the very act of referring to "playing the race card" is fucking racist drivel from someone without a modicum of understanding about privilege.

tecumseh
03-02-2013, 10:39 AM
There's a conversation? Just this toad and his split personalities. Let Bowe be Bowe. Hopefully in KC.

Dixie Land
03-02-2013, 10:53 AM
**** you Alex Smith

WOW JAMAAL CHARLES is making under 2 million and Smith 7.5....OMG...:LOL:

More money in a bad economy wasted...I hope there is a clause in his contract not to pay him if he is 1. injured which is likely 2. benched which is likely

Rooskieflooskie
03-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Right before the ravens playoff game, he was pulled over going 90 mph down a 35 mph street with the smell of weed coming from his vehicle. Happened in blue springs, cop let him go because he didn't want to be the guy to fuck up a chiefs playoff run.

CoMoChief
03-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Some people may have disapproved of Jared Allen based on DUI's but the city would have loved him no matter what color he was. We have two OLB's that both have marijuana checkmarks against them and they're black and I haven't ever heard anyone say a negative thing about the character of either. Jared Allen was too much fun, if he would've caused a wreck and killed someone in one of his DUI's then sure the city would've dismissed him, but his color still wouldn't be a factor.

Jared Allen was the goofy redneck white guy that could be anyone's drinking partner.

He fit in perfectly with this community, and the fans over at Camarohead.