PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Netflix

GloryDayz
03-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Hope this isn't a repeat, but I searched for Netflix and didn't see the right answer..

My peeps at work tell me I need to try Netflix instead of Redbox. Everything they tell me seems to indicate that I need to breakout the Wii or something like that. No, wrong room!

I have Time Warner Cable and I'm wondering if there's a way to just get it through them, right into the cable box? Anybody know?

Buck
03-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Not through your cable box, bit something called a Roku box and its like $70.

bowener
03-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Hope this isn't a repeat, but I searched for Netflix and didn't see the right answer..

My peeps at work tell me I need to try Netflix instead of Redbox. Everything they tell me seems to indicate that I need to breakout the Wii or something like that. No, wrong room!

I have Time Warner Cable and I'm wondering if there's a way to just get it through them, right into the cable box? Anybody know?

DAT ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

GloryDayz
03-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Wow, that's a lot of RedBox rentals! Then a monthly fee after that... Hmmmmmm, gotta think on that one!

evolve27
03-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Buy a ps3 and netflix thru there. Some TV's come netflix ready. Start an account then you can go watch netflix on ur ps3, phone, computer. Netflix is good for TV shows.

crazycoffey
03-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Buy a ps3 and netflix thru there. Some TV's come netflix ready. Start an account then you can go watch netflix on ur ps3, phone, computer. Netflix is good for TV shows.

This, 8 bucks a month. Lifesaver during weekends like this one, stuck in barracks on ft leanard wood, or at home when nothing else is on

prhom
03-02-2013, 06:42 PM
It does work through the Wii, that's about all we do with our Wii anymore.

GloryDayz
03-02-2013, 07:43 PM
OK, broke out the Wii (stole it from the kids to try) had to connect it to the network, upgrade it, and download Netflix. Got the account setup (free trial, woot!!!) and I'm ready to rock after dinner.

If this works I'll either do the that Roku deal, or just replace the DVD player we've had for years with a Blu Ray that's WiFi and go that route..

Thanks for all y'alls help...

kcxiv
03-02-2013, 07:50 PM
There is alot of good stuff to watch on netflix. They got killer documentaries. all of the espn 30 for 30's.

tons of tv shows/movies. tons of B movies no one has ever heard of that arent half bad.

RedDread
03-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Yeah I think the Wii will only broadcast in it's native resolution so if you have an HDTV its not the best option. I can confirm that PS3 is amazing. It will downgrade the video quality occasionally but with any decent internet connection it should be rare. I typically only see it when I first start a show, and after that it is very rare.

KcMizzou
03-02-2013, 08:02 PM
There is alot of good stuff to watch on netflix. They got killer documentaries. all of the espn 30 for 30's.

tons of tv shows/movies. tons of B movies no one has ever heard of that arent half bad.Just a general suggestion to... anybody. Check out "The Imposter". Crazy.

GloryDayz
03-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Well the son and I are watching "Hugo" (he's 8 so lay the fuck off folks!!), and the video quality through the Wii appears to be just fine. Very impressive. If other units make it even better, WOW!!!

kcxiv
03-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Yeah I think the Wii will only broadcast in it's native resolution so if you have an HDTV its not the best option. I can confirm that PS3 is amazing. It will downgrade the video quality occasionally but with any decent internet connection it should be rare. I typically only see it when I first start a show, and after that it is very rare.

get the component cables and it will broadcast in 480p which is still pretty good.

Gonzo
03-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Not through your cable box, bit something called a Roku box and its like $70.

This...
And I got mine for 50 at Target.

Chief Roundup
03-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Netflix is ok and it is probably worth the 8 bucks a month. But there are better free options out there.

GloryDayz
03-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Netflix is ok and it is probably worth the 8 bucks a month. But there are better free options out there.

I'm listening.... And how do you get them to the TV?

J Diddy
03-02-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm listening.... And how do you get them to the TV?

An hdmi port on my laptop is how I roll.

Silock
03-02-2013, 09:36 PM

Not that are legal.

KcMizzou
03-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Not that are legal.Agreed.

houstonwhodat
03-03-2013, 12:47 PM
How to get Netflix for free forever.

A. Establish a Yahoo or other account.
B. Sign up with a credit card for the free 30 days trial.
C. Cancel your Netflix account two days before the trial is up.
d. Open another Yahoo or other account.
E. Repeat A, B, and C.

You can use your same credit card over and over but need a new email for the free trial.