PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Assuming Bowe signed/Albert tagged.

Micjones
03-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Who would you prefer at #1?

Mr. Flopnuts
Geno Smith. Realistically though, Dee Milliner.

BlackHelicopters
Alex Smith

58-4ever
03-02-2013, 06:35 PM

Best possible scenario, Eugene Smith. If all this happens I'll kiss you on the mouth.

Micjones
03-02-2013, 06:35 PM

I'm in the Milliner camp now.
It's going to suck nuts when Geno's playing in the Silver and Blech for the next 10 years, but he's out of the conversation now.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-02-2013, 06:37 PM
The fantasy: Alex Smith refuses to play for the Chiefs option.

penbrook
03-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Jamie Dukes from NFL Network said we should still take Geno.

Micjones

You realize that Cassel's still on the roster, no?

rockymtnchief

Ditto

Micjones
Jamie Dukes from NFL Network said we should still take Geno.

Always trust the bald black guy.

Chiefnj2
03-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Tavon. Smith is going to make 3-5 step drops 97% of the time. Get the biggest playmaker for short routes.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Always trust the bald black guy.

Always.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:44 PM
I would prefer to trade down.

But, if I have to choose, what are my options?

QB Geno Smith -- I'm not investing a 1st overall in a guy who I'm going to bench, nor am I investing two 2nd rounders in a guy I'm going to bench. Out.

OT Luke Joeckel/Eric Fisher -- not a need anymore. Out.

Any receiver -- I only believe the 1st overall should be reserved for the Calvin Johnsons. None.

CB Dana Milliner -- Corners are never worth the 1st overall unless they're future hall of famers. Corners rely too much on the passrushing in front of them, and even if they do turn out to be really good, you can avoid them simply by throwing away from them.

DE Sheldon Richardson or Sharrif Floyd -- There are disputes about whether Richardson's a headcase or not. I don't think he is, but if you discern differently, you pass. Floyd has a really special first step, and is physically gifted, and a model citizen. Floyd's problems are all technique. I'd really prefer either of these guys over the other options, but both are going to take a couple years to develop.

OLBs Dion Jordan, Ezekiel Ansah, Bjeorn Werner -- I've soured on Werner, but Jordan and Ansah sure turn heads. But seeing as I'm probably locking up Houston soon, and Hali still has years left in the tank, I'll pass for now. It's less of a need at #1 overall.

I'd go with either Richardson or Floyd, whomever fits my scheme better (read: can rush the passer better). I think that's Richardson.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-02-2013, 06:45 PM
You realize that Cassel's still on the roster, no?

Clark would not sign off on that.

KurtCobain
03-02-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm down for kissing micjones on the mouth if we draft geno.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2013, 06:48 PM
I would prefer to trade down.

But, if I have to choose, what are my options?

QB Geno Smith -- I'm not investing a 1st overall in a guy who I'm going to bench, nor am I investing two 2nd rounders in a guy I'm going to bench. Out.

OT Luke Joeckel/Eric Fisher -- not a need anymore. Out.

Any receiver -- I only believe the 1st overall should be reserved for the Calvin Johnsons. None.

CB Dana Milliner -- Corners are never worth the 1st overall unless they're future hall of famers. Corners rely too much on the passrushing in front of them, and even if they do turn out to be really good, you can avoid them simply by throwing away from them.

DE Sheldon Richardson or Sharrif Floyd -- There are disputes about whether Richardson's a headcase or not. I don't think he is, but if you discern differently, you pass. Floyd has a really special first step, and is physically gifted, and a model citizen. Floyd's problems are all technique. I'd really prefer either of these guys over the other options, but both are going to take a couple years to develop.

OLBs Dion Jordan, Ezekiel Ansah, Bjeorn Werner -- I've soured on Werner, but Jordan and Ansah sure turn heads. But seeing as I'm probably locking up Houston soon, and Hali still has years left in the tank, I'll pass for now. It's less of a need at #1 overall.

I'd go with either Richardson or Floyd, whomever fits my scheme better (read: can rush the passer better). I think that's Richardson.

They're not getting 2 2nd round picks from us for Alex. It's a 2nd a mid round conditional next year. I guess they could get 2, but that means we won the Super Bowl.

Frankie
03-02-2013, 06:48 PM

Q

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270538

:)

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:49 PM
They're not getting 2 2nd round picks from us for Alex. It's a 2nd a mid round conditional next year. I guess they could get 2, but that means we won the Super Bowl.

Link?

I thought it was a 3rd, which became a 2nd if we win X number of games.

RyFo18
03-02-2013, 06:49 PM
I voted for another D-lineman in Floyd. Sue me.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Geno has, always, and will be the only pick that makes sense at 1-1.

Mr. Flopnuts
Link?

I thought it was a 3rd, which became a 2nd if we win X number of games.

I haven't seen a credible link to anything. But it's been widely reported 2nd this year, conditional mid round pick next year.

penbrook

They get a second from us this year and a third but possible second depending if we go to the playoffs.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2013, 06:52 PM
They get a second from us this year and a third but possible second depending if we go to the playoffs.

You're the 2nd person to say this, someone show me a link.

Jayhawk Chief
03-02-2013, 06:52 PM
No one knows what the deal is for Alex Smith. I'll bet it isn't what is said to be known. Don't be surprised of the Chiefs get back a pick in later rounds from SF.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2013, 06:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8995035/san-francisco-49ers-agree-trade-alex-smith-kansas-city-chiefs-source

Kansas City will trade its second-round pick in the 2013 draft -- the second selection (No. 34 overall) in the round -- as well as another conditional mid-round pick in 2014 to acquire Smith from San Francisco, a league source told ESPN.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:53 PM
You're the 2nd person to say this, someone show me a link.

YOU SHOW ME A LINK YOU SON OF A BITCH

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2013, 06:54 PM
YOU SHOW ME A LINK YOU SON OF A BITCH

Fuck you. I did. Now show me yours, pussy.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I'd die to know exactly what a "mid-round pick" is. To me, it's a 4th or 5th.

But it could be a 3rd, could it not?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2013, 06:55 PM
I'd die to know exactly what a "mid-round pick" is. To me, it's a 4th or 5th.

But it could be a 3rd, could it not?

3-5 in my view.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-02-2013, 06:55 PM
I kept hearing 4 picks were involved. I'm assuming 2 were kick backs to the Chiefs.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:56 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/2/27/4036544/alex-smith-trade-details-chiefs-draft-picks-49ers

Alex Smith trade details: Chiefs give up 2nd round pick, conditional 3rd round pick
By Joel Thorman
Feb 27 2013, 1:08p

Oh, did you hear the Kansas City Chiefs traded for Alex Smith? It's true. I heard it on the internet!

The San Francisco 49ers are the perceived early winners of this trade, according to the various fan reaction I've seen. That means nothing ... but it's still a little disheartening. The reason some Chiefs fans don't like the trade is because they believe the compensation involved was too steep.

It was initially reported that the Chiefs were giving up a second round pick in 2013 and a conditional mid-round pick in 2014. Now we're getting more details on what that conditional pick is.

According to Tim Kawakami of the Mercury News...

Tim Kawakami @timkawakami

Can double-confirm: the 49ers are getting a 2nd rounder this year and a conditional 3rd rounder next year from KC for Alex Smith.
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami

The 2014 pick moves from a 3rd rounder to 2nd rounder if Chiefs win a certain number of games, NFL source confirms

This is usually what "conditional" means. It's conditional on the player hitting a certain stat or the team winning a certain number of games. So if the Chiefs win X number of games next year, that pick will turn into a second. If they don't, it remains a third. I'd really like to know what X is.

None of this can become official until March 12 so there's still the tiny chance that somethings disrupts this. But it sure seems like it's going to happen.

Micjones
03-02-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm down for kissing micjones on the mouth if we draft geno.

Yeah...I'm gonna go with no.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 06:57 PM
That sound you hear is me teabagging Flopnuts.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2013, 06:59 PM
That sound you hear is me teabagging Flopnuts.

Then you have really small balls because I quoted Schefter, and you reported some beat writer for a 3rd rate San Francisco newspaper. I'm going to change your name to raisinballz.

Micjones
03-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Q

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270538

:)

Shit! You mean people on Chiefsplanet, 7 weeks before the Draft, were talking about who the Chiefs might draft? FML.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Then you have really small balls because I quoted Schefter, and you reported some beat writer for a 3rd rate San Francisco newspaper. I'm going to change your name to raisinballz.

I feel a bet coming on.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-02-2013, 07:02 PM
I feel a bet coming on.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2234093/yumyumandy.gif

Chiefshrink
03-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Tavon. Smith is going to make 3-5 step drops 97% of the time. Get the biggest playmaker for short routes.

This. I would want Tavon IF we can't have Geno.:thumb:

CanadianChief
03-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Who gives a shit!!! I'm a Redskins fan now!!

RGIII for the win!!!!!

penbrook
03-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Who gives a shit!!! I'm a Redskins fan now!!

RGIII for the win!!!!!

Rg3 has 4 more years in the league at most.

BlackHelicopters
03-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Anyone named Smith

BossChief
03-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Andy Reid had McNabb and went out and drafted Kolb in the early second round and then signed Mike Vick.

He traded McNabb and then started Kolb...put his eggs into the Kolb basket until it wasn't working out as well as hoped and moved on to Vick and traded Kolb for a 2nd rounder and a corner that was drafted in the second round and went all in with Vick, giving him a 100 million dollar contract in August of 2011.

In mid 2012, he benched Vick for a quarterback he drafted in the third round.

The moral of this story?

Andy Reid understands that you aren't gonna win in this league with "just good enough" quarterback play and isn't afraid of overpaying to try to have as many prospects to develop as possible. He doesn't care if he has a quality starter or not, he is gonna keep looking for that franchise quarterback.

His history shows us that it's DEFINETLY not out of the question that he still drafts Geno
Smith with the top overall pick.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Andy Reid had McNabb and went out and drafted Kolb in the early second round and then signed Mike Vick.

He traded McNabb and then started Kolb...put his eggs into the Kolb basket until it wasn't working out as well as hoped and moved on to Vick and traded Kolb for a 2nd rounder and a corner that was drafted in the second round and went all in with Vick, giving him a 100 million dollar contract in August of 2011.

In mid 2012, he benched Vick for a quarterback he drafted in the third round.

The moral of this story?

Andy Reid understands that you aren't gonna win in this league with "just good enough" quarterback ay and isn't afraid of overpaying to try to have as many prospects to develop as possible. He doesn't care if he has a quality start or not, he is gonna keep looking for that franchise quarterback.

His history shows us that it's DEFINETLY not out of the question that he still drafts Geno
Smith with the top overall pick.

You, sir, make a compelling case.

I wish I could buy it.

Edit: I think this argument makes it very likely that Reid goes for a QB, though, just not Geno. Especially not if they let Albert get away.

BossChief
03-02-2013, 07:47 PM
You, sir, make a compelling case.

I wish I could buy it.

Edit: I think this argument makes it very likely that Reid goes for a QB, though, just not Geno. Especially not if they let Albert get away.me too, unfortunetly.

Also,

They recently said that they were gonna see how free agency goes in regards to Albert.

I think we have an offer on the table for him and aren't budging on it... but Albert thinks he can get more.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 07:50 PM
me too, unfortunetly.

Also,

They recently said that they were gonna see how free agency goes in regards to Albert.

I think we have an offer on the table for him and aren't budging on it... but Albert thinks he can get more.

I am under the belief that Albert wants to remain a Chief.

It's a buyers market right now for LTs, and the Chiefs know this. There are three auto-starters at LT in the draft this year, and like four LTs in free agency.

The Chiefs might be thinking that Albert will see the market price will come down to theirs. And even if it doesn't, Albert's going to give them every chance to match.

We'll see. If we lose Albert, it will be because a team irrationally overpaid, or because we absolutely let him go.

lewdog
03-02-2013, 07:52 PM
If we aren't taking a QB, might as well trade down than to draft a position like OL/DL/CB at #1.

I am still holding hope we take Geno too. FML...... :facepalm:

Big Chief Homer
03-02-2013, 07:57 PM

or fails his physical

Hootie
03-02-2013, 07:57 PM
since Smith isn't realistic I vote TRADE THE FUCK DOWN AND TAKE WHATEVER YOU CAN GET

BossChief
03-02-2013, 07:58 PM
I'd rather draft Geno with the top pick than have my choice of any two other players in this draft.

For real.

ESPECIALLY since we already have Alex Smith.

If Geno busts and can't make it at this level, we still have a dependable game manager to keep the team competitive.

BossChief
03-02-2013, 08:03 PM
since Smith isn't realistic I vote TRADE THE FUCK DOWN AND TAKE WHATEVER YOU CAN GET

I think it's a long shot, but Reids history shows that he isnt afraid of overpaying/overinvesting in the position.

McNabb (2nd overall)
Kolb (high second spent when they already had McNabb)
Vick (100 million after trading McNabb and Kolb)
Foles (third rounder taken even though they had just given Vick 100 million)

Alex Smith is a dependable vet that (according to TBG) isnt getting an extension right away...that means he could be loomed at as a vet stopgap.

I think it's a long shot we take Gwno at 1, but it's not out of the question.

Direckshun
03-02-2013, 08:06 PM
For what it's worth, Smith has an injury history, too.

BossChief is keepin' hope alive.

What he doesn't know is that it's going to be Nassib in the 3rd.

Hootie
03-02-2013, 08:06 PM
I find it hard to believe we're going to invest the #1, #34 and a 2014 pick at QB but we literally have nothing there so I'd probably laugh and enjoy it. I don't fucking care how many picks it takes I just want a god damn franchise QB.

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2013, 08:22 PM
I would draft Matt Barkley.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
03-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Rg3 has 4 more years in the league at most.

And KC has at least 4 more years of not drafting a QB in the first.

Hammock Parties
03-02-2013, 08:31 PM
14 fucking votes for Milliner?

Are Alexsexuals rigging the vote?

BossChief
03-02-2013, 08:49 PM
I find it hard to believe we're going to invest the #1, #34 and a 2014 pick at QB but we literally have nothing there so I'd probably laugh and enjoy it. I don't ****ing care how many picks it takes I just want a god damn franchise QB.

The Redskins invested double that last year to solidify their quarterback position.

3 firsts (one being 6th overall)
The 38th pick last year and the 102nd pick last year, too.

We would be investing the first overall, #34 an a third rounder.

I think that's worth every penny to get a combo of Alex Smith and Geno Smith, but that's just me.

I'm sure time will show me to be wrong, though.

Hootie
03-02-2013, 08:51 PM
hey

if they draft Geno at #1

I could give two shits about what they spend the rest of the picks on...they can trade the #3 for Foles and the #4 for Tim Tebow for all I care

BossChief
03-02-2013, 08:52 PM
For all we know, the 49ers wanted to trade Alex to a team he could be the unquestioned starter but we gave them "an offer they couldn't refuse" and part of the compensation was because of the way he handled the situation with Kaepernick that we wanted to recreate.

BossChief
03-02-2013, 08:53 PM
hey

if they draft Geno at #1

I could give two shits about what they spend the rest of the picks on...they can trade the #3 for Foles and the #4 for Tim Tebow for all I care

I agree.

If ALL WE DO THIS OFFSEASON IS FIX THE QB POSITION, IT WAS A SUCCESSFUL OFFSEASON.

J Diddy
03-02-2013, 08:55 PM
For all we know, the 49ers wanted to trade Alex to a team he could be the unquestioned starter but we gave them "an offer they couldn't refuse" and part of the compensation was because of the way he handled the situation with Kaepernick that we wanted to recreate.

For all we know there is a planet in an alternate universe made of chocolate and is inhabited by nymphomaniac super models.

That's about as likely as trading a 2nd and a conditional next year to "recreate a benching"

Hootie
03-02-2013, 08:59 PM
just sounds like a massive pipe dream

we did this whole song and dance when we traded for Cassel

some people were like "but we can still take Sanchez, too!"

BossChief
03-02-2013, 09:07 PM
For all we know there is a planet in an alternate universe made of chocolate and is inhabited by nymphomaniac super models.

That's about as likely as trading a 2nd and a conditional next year to "recreate a benching"

I have stated that its a long shot and highly unlikely to happen, but don't forget the true factors in this equation.

It's entirely possible they they want to recreate the situations that lead to two of te best quarterbacks in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers was drafted in the first and sat for 3 seasons.

The 49ers traded up for Kaepernick and sat him for nearly two whole seasons.

If the bad guys info is correct and Alex Smith will play on his 2 years remaining on his contract, that means the door is left open to draft a quarterback to groom while Alex Smith gives the team a solid vet to play the role of a stopgap.

Brock
03-02-2013, 09:09 PM

LMAO

Hootie
03-02-2013, 09:09 PM
hey

if they do that then cheers to them

BossChief
03-02-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm grasping at straws, Brock. I've acknowledged that. I just don't want to believe these guys put all of their eggs in the next version of Steve Bono.

Mr. Laz
03-02-2013, 09:46 PM
In a perfect world ...

We find out the the Chiefs are only swapping 2nd rd picks with san fran and the compensation next year is only a 5th unless Alex Smith takes us to the super bowl.

That makes Alex Smith a 2-year stopgap guy so we go ahead and draft Geno Smith at #1 and then take the BPA available at the bottom of the 2nd. Preferably either a speed wr,cornerback or safety.