PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Has anyone cancelled their Season Tickets?

OnTheWarpath15
03-03-2013, 08:13 AM
I haven't been on much since the trade, wondering HOW pissed off people are.

Are you talking, or are you ACTING?

I called my rep on Friday and found out that if I cancel, I'm out a shade over $100 and get refunded the balance of my deposit. Or, I can keep the tickets, and throw good money after bad and be out another $900.

I'm a little pissed at myself for getting excited and jumping the gun, but I honestly never saw these guys making the EXACT SAME MISTAKE this organization has made for 30 years. Should have waited until after the draft, but them's the breaks. At least I minimized the damage.

Anyone else planning on cancelling their account?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2013, 08:18 AM
We have one guy, I think his name is Tribal Elder that did that. Had to pay 10% and was pissed about it. I think it's fucked they're charging 10% to cancel, and am glad I didn't order them after all.

BlackHelicopters
Will keep my account. Reason? The off chance to be in the Chiefs SB ticket lottery. Seriously.

bevischief
:popcorn:

LoneWolf
03-03-2013, 08:21 AM
No, because I'm not a pussy who thinks I know more about football than men who have worked in the business their entire lives. Shake the sand out of your vagina.

OnTheWarpath15
We have one guy, I think his name is Tribal Elder that did that. Had to pay 10% and was pissed about it. I think it's fucked they're charging 10% to cancel, and am glad I didn't order them after all.

Yep, that's what I get for believing this time was going to be different.

Still, I'd rather be out $100 than spend another $900 and pray to God I could get my money back on the resale market.

luv
I would never try to talk dad out of ordering his (especially since he already did). However, I'm going to draw the line at Tebow. If we end up with him, I may not go to any games with him. That's the best I can do.

OnTheWarpath15
03-03-2013, 08:22 AM
I would never try to talk dad out of ordering his (especially since he already did). However, I'm going to draw the line at Tebow. If we end up with him, I may not go to any games with him. That's the best I can do.

Tebow?

WTF are you talking about?

bevischief
03-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Tebow?

That's rumor that has been going around since Thursday.

BigMeatballDave
03-03-2013, 08:25 AM
If I lived in the area, and could afford it, I would go.

This trade sucks. I wanted them to take a QB.

However, at the end of the day, it is still a sport I love. It's entertainment.

Marcellus
Tebow?

Ridiculous rumor stated by some hack.

I was full on going to buy ST this year if we drafted Geno, not going to do it now.

OnTheWarpath15
That's rumor that has been going around since Thursday.

ROFL

Holy shit.

bevischief
03-03-2013, 08:27 AM
ROFL

Holy shit.

Just bump the thread for your pleasure.

threebag
03-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Tebow?

Circumcisions

OnTheWarpath15
03-03-2013, 08:28 AM
If I lived in the area, and could afford it, I would go.

This trade sucks. I wanted them to take a QB.

However, at the end of the day, it is still a sport I love. It's entertainment.

Still a sport I love as well, Dave. I played competitively from age 7 through high school and was an injury away from playing small college ball.

But let's face it, if every movie you went to for 30 years sucked ass, at what point would you quit spending your entertainment dollars at the movies?

30 years of Gigli is enough.

OnTheWarpath15
03-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Ridiculous rumor stated by some hack.

I was full on going to buy ST this year if we drafted Geno, not going to do it now.

You were smart and waited. Good move.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-03-2013, 08:29 AM
No, because I'm not a pussy who thinks I know more about football than men who have worked in the business their entire lives. Shake the sand out of your vagina.

Tru Fan Alert

Marcellus
03-03-2013, 08:31 AM

My brother who lives in Washington state was going to buy ST if we drafted Geno.

I still think this regime will draft a guy sooner than later. Its all I have.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2013, 08:32 AM

My brother who lives in Washington state was going to buy ST if we drafted Geno.

I'm gonna pick a game this year and spring for tickets for the 3 of us to go to a game. Knowing both of you off of this board, you'd love to watch a game together. You guys would hit it off.

OnTheWarpath15
03-03-2013, 08:32 AM

Oh, they'll draft a guy.

But it'll be a scrub-type guy like Kolb, Foles or Kafka.

The dream of drafting a difference maker vanished with this trade.

LoneWolf
03-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Tru Fan Alert

I'm actually not excited about the trade, but I also wasn't excited by the QBs in this years draft. All I'm saying is I'm willing to let the men who were hired to do this job do it. Reid has a proven track record and Dorsey is highly regarded in NFL circles. Just because a bunch of hacks, myself included, on a message board don't agree with his trade doesn't mean it was a poor decision. Ultimately it could prove to be, but going off half cocked and canceling tickets, sending emails, etc. . . reeks of a small child throwing a tantrum when it doesn't get what it wants. I don't remember my ticket rep guaranteeing me that KC was going to draft a QB in the first round when I renewed my tickets this year.

Marcellus
03-03-2013, 08:40 AM
I'm gonna pick a game this year and spring for tickets for the 3 of us to go to a game. Knowing both of you off of this board, you'd love to watch a game together. You guys would hit it off.

Sounds good Flop I will buy the beers!

Oh, they'll draft a guy.

I wasn't reffering to this year. There is nothing in Reid or Dorey's past to make believe they wont keep drafting QB's and anyone who thinks Clark told them not to draft a 1st round QB needs to step away from the crack pipe.

I am frustrated as hell but I just think they didn't like this years QB class.

bevischief
03-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Oh, they'll draft a guy.

Well we know it's not the 2nd this year.

soopamanluva
03-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Im going to wait until after the draft and see what they do in free agency before I cancel. Ive got cheap seats so its not a big deal to cancel them.

OnTheWarpath15
03-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Sounds good Flop I will buy the beers!

I wasn't reffering to this year. There is nothing in Reid or Dorey's past to make believe they wont keep drafting QB's and anyone who thinks Clark told them not to draft a 1st round QB needs to step away from the crack pipe.

I am frustrated as hell but I just think they didn't like this years QB class.

When do you anticipate them taking a R1 QB?

Because unless Alex Smith is even worse than I'm expecting, this team is going to be picking in the 15-20 range for the next 3-4 years.

So basically, we're hoping against hope that a Rodgers/Flacco scenario emerges in the next couple of drafts in which an elite guy plummets down the board.

Don't hold your breath.

farmerchief
03-03-2013, 08:45 AM
I'm actually not excited about the trade, but I also wasn't excited by the QBs in this years draft. All I'm saying is I'm willing to let the men who were hired to do this job do it. Reid has a proven track record and Dorsey is highly regarded in NFL circles. Just because a bunch of hacks, myself included, on a message board don't agree with his trade doesn't mean it was a poor decision. Ultimately it could prove to be, but going off half cocked and canceling tickets, sending emails, etc. . . reeks of a small child throwing a tantrum when it doesn't get what it wants. I don't remember my ticket rep guaranteeing me that KC was going to draft a QB in the first round when I renewed my tickets this year.

Great Logic! Good post!:thumb:

OnTheWarpath15

LMAO

Chief Roundup
Oh, they'll draft a guy.

I guess it depends on if you thought Geno was a true difference maker or not. Most fans did but experts don't.

How pissed are you going to be if we do draft Geno? One knee jerk reaction deserves another. Can we go for three.

OnTheWarpath15
03-03-2013, 08:51 AM
I guess it depends on if you thought Geno was a true difference maker or not. Most fans did but experts don't.

How pissed are you going to be if we do draft Geno? One knee jerk reaction deserves another. Can we go for three.

Those "experts" that claimed Geno wasn't worth a R1 pick IMMEDIATELY decided he was worth a Top 5 pick after we traded for Alex Smith. Literally overnight.

Second, I won't be pissed at all. I'll be thrilled. That goes for Barkley as well. But with the compensation being given, Smith is going to start for at least the next year, probably two - so I will have made the right choice regardless.

I'm not spending $1100 to watch game manager football. When/if a franchise guy gets the nod, I'll likely be at 1 Arrowhead Drive on Sundays.

Old Dog
03-03-2013, 08:53 AM
I didn't renew last year but went ahead and got them again after the firing/hiring when my son decided that the time was right for him to buy a pair of his own, so now we have six together. If it wasn't his first year of having them, I would very likely cancel them and take the hit.

notorious
03-03-2013, 08:56 AM

If we trade back we might be surprised.

What happens if we trade back, get our second pick back, and draft one of the decent QB prospects with the 1st or 2nd?

This place will turn it's attitude around instantly.

bevischief
03-03-2013, 08:56 AM
When do you anticipate them taking a R1 QB?

Because unless Alex Smith is even worse than I'm expecting, this team is going to be picking in the 15-20 range for the next 3-4 years.

So basically, we're hoping against hope that a Rodgers/Flacco scenario emerges in the next couple of drafts in which an elite guy plummets down the board.

Don't hold your breath.

And another 3-4 years of Cassel 2.0 at QB.:banghead::banghead: Hell will freeze over if this team finds then next Rodgers/Flacco.

KCUnited
03-03-2013, 09:04 AM

What happens if we trade back, get our second pick back, and draft one of the decent QB prospects with the 1st or 2nd?

They've identified their QB and handed him the keys, any trade backs will be to fill other holes.

OnTheWarpath15
03-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Think about what we've gone through as fans, and what these past 5 years have gotten us.

The 1st, 3rd, 5th (X2) and 11th overall picks, and two extremely high R2 picks have netted us Matt Cassel, Alex Smith, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Dontari Poe, Eric Berry and very, very likely, a LT we don't need.

That's a sickening waste of draft currency.

Marcellus
03-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Think about what we've gone through as fans, and what these past 5 years have gotten us.

The 1st, 3rd, 5th (X2) and 11th overall picks, and two extremely high R2 picks have netted us Matt Cassel, Alex Smith, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Dontari Poe, Eric Berry and very, very likely, a LT we don't need.

No need to keep kicking us in the nuts, we are already on the ground.

notorious
03-03-2013, 09:09 AM
They've identified their QB and handed him the keys, any trade backs will be to fill other holes.

What if they actually pull off a great move?

I have to manufacture some hope out of thin air or my offseason is going to be horrible.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-03-2013, 09:11 AM

The problem is we've all seen this before. We've seen it the last several decades. Many of us like me have tried rationalizing the deals even when we know deep down how it's going to end up. Not this time. If it works, I'll be excited as fuck, but I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2013, 09:12 AM

:facepalm: That kind of haul should net you 3 franchise players if you whiff half the time.

gblowfish
03-03-2013, 09:16 AM
The only REAL Chiefs fans are season ticket holders.

Oh, sorry, I was channeling King Carl again there for a minute.

My bad, carry on....

OnTheWarpath15
03-03-2013, 09:22 AM
:facepalm: That kind of haul should net you 3 franchise players if you whiff half the time.

Explains why we only have 29 wins in the last 6 seasons.

Detroit has 29 over that period, and that includes a winless season.

The Factory of Sadness has 4 MORE wins over that period.

Buffalo has SEVEN more wins, and they play the Pats and Jets twice a year.

Jacksonville has EIGHT more wins.

Oakland has 5 more wins.

Gents, we've been the 2nd worst team in the NFL over the last 6 seasons, and have nothing to show for it. Only STL has been worse.

GloryDayz
03-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Canceled ours years ago... The amount of money saved is just crazy!! And I've not missed a single game I felt like subjecting myself, and my son, to yet.

I understand keeping them in a few situations such as "50 yard line," "I've got so much money they cost less than most dinners I pay for, so who cares about price," and "I've tail-gated for the last 42 years, so i might as well go in for a look-see too," but short of that I can't see any reason really.

HotCarl
03-03-2013, 09:33 AM
No, but I know a family that just invested in them. If I were local, of course I would too. Real fans want to be a part of it and support the home team.

TribalElder
03-03-2013, 09:35 AM
I have checked into canceling. I'm on the flex pay and will wait to see about the draft. If they shit the bed during the draft I will most likely cancel and cheer the team on from home. I got a phone number from Old Dog and was able to verify with a sales rep. You do lose 10% but. It would save me 1500. I'm going to wait and pay the other 40 to see what happens at draft time, but yes I'm way disappointed and don't feel the excitement anymore that made me want to become a first time STH.

I just moved up to KC to so this move is just my luck

threebag
03-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Thank God that regime is over. Bitching isn't going to change shit. Go vent into a warm gym sock or yesterday's bath towel. We are just a draft pick away from people going full Belcher.

R8RFAN
03-03-2013, 09:45 AM
If you cancel your season tickets over 1 player you are a pussy...

TribalElder
03-03-2013, 09:50 AM

http://i.imgur.com/dF2j8do.jpg

R8RFAN
03-03-2013, 09:51 AM

:clap::DROFL

notorious
03-03-2013, 09:52 AM
That might be the best pic I have seen on here in years.

BossChief
03-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Got my bi-weekly call from the Chiefs today asking if I had decided to buy the set of tickets I intended to purchase. I told Ray that he may as well take my info out of their computer because I have no intentions of buying anything to do with the team since it's evident they have no intention to draft our leader and are still satisfied with backup quarterbacks and nothing has changed.

I told him that I will keep the money available for them if they just view Alex as a stopgap and draft a quarterback.

I was a bit taken back when he openly told me that's not the first time he'd heard that today.

I doubt the trade sold many tickets.

R8RFAN
03-03-2013, 09:55 AM

Dog is getting the hell outta Dodge

BossChief
03-03-2013, 09:55 AM

It's not one player...it's a fatally flawed outlook on how to fill the most important position in all of pro sports.

GloryDayz
03-03-2013, 09:57 AM

OK, that dog is almost as cool as mine! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Rasputin
03-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Wish I was a STH so I could cancel them.

R8RFAN
03-03-2013, 09:58 AM
It's not one player...it's a fatally flawed outlook on how to fill the most important position in all of pro sports.

So you probably won't win the Superbowl next year... So what... Tailgating and friends and partying is what season tickets are about.

soopamanluva
03-03-2013, 10:00 AM

This is what I'm hoping for so I didn't cancel yet

Discuss Thrower
So you probably won't win the Superbowl next year... So what... Tailgating and friends and partying is what season tickets are about.

And also why the team FO justifies brain dead moves like trading for castoff QBs.

Rasputin

Do you supply crack whores crack? It's the same thing as supporting this team with $$$

Bowser
03-03-2013, 10:03 AM
You actually came to mind shortly after the trade went down, OTWP. I knew how you would take it, and wondered what you would do because of it. I was this >< close to going after my own tickets, but just wanted to wait until after the draft and free agency. I'm glad I did, and I don't blame anyone that backs out of paying thousands to go watch the same failed approach this team has taken for decades on end.

And those of you that like to puff out your chest and call people pussies for backing out of ticket purchases? All of you would make fine battered girlfriends/wives.

R8RFAN
03-03-2013, 10:04 AM
And also why the team FO justifies brain dead moves like trading for castoff QBs.

Do you supply crack whores crack? It's the same thing as supporting this team with $$$

Someone will take your place and buy those tickets so there is no statement made by doing this.

Buy the tickets and don't go is the way to make a statement

Bowser
03-03-2013, 10:05 AM

No. tailgating and having a blast with your buds before the game should be the build up to watching your team go beat the shit out of their opponents.

When tailgating becomes the best part of going to football games, then your football team is doing it wrong.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Reighters will you make the cross country trip to the Black Butthole if they take Geno?

R8RFAN
03-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Reighters will you make the cross country trip to the Black Butthole if they take Geno?

I will never step foot inside California in my life.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-03-2013, 10:09 AM
How can you never go see your team play in person at their home park?

Rasputin
03-03-2013, 10:12 AM
As I see it. It's on the Chiefs to win back the fan base. It's not the fans who make the decissions to do what they do & continue to make the same failings as GMs and coaches as before them. Put a product on the field to make us proud and excited for the future years to come.

BossChief
03-03-2013, 10:16 AM

Shouldn't this post be in ALL CAPS?

GloryDayz
03-03-2013, 10:20 AM

JC, look at my avatar's ass! It's pretty OK too man!

GloryDayz
03-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Wish I was a STH so I could cancel them.

ROFLROFLROFL

R8RFAN
03-03-2013, 10:22 AM
How can you never go see your team play in person at their home park?

I am not flying to California.. sorry, the beer is colder and cheaper and the lines are shorter at home for the bathroom..

ClearmontChief
03-03-2013, 10:27 AM
No. tailgating and having a blast with your buds before the game should be the build up to watching your team go beat the shit out of their opponents.

When tailgating becomes the best part of going to football games, then your football team is doing it wrong.

The tailgating is very important for me. I take friends to their 1st games and my brothers, nephews to their 1st games. I enjoy that...because the NFL is a big deal and its an experience that they'll remember forever. I've put my love of the Chiefs onto my 2 boys...and they suffer through with me.

Most of you probably hate a guy like me. Just a dummy willing to believe that they're trying to improve...and, money isn't an issue for me. If it were, I certainly wouldn't be going to the games at the sacrifice of food on the table or any thing else. The games for me are a release from the stupid shit I have to do M-F to earn the money to go. I'm not and never been part of the wine and cheese gang...just a long time fan who's in good financial shape.

As others have become disgruntled, I've improved my seating situation. From upstairs corner, to upstairs mid-field, to downstairs Chiefs sideline 7 rows from the field. Hoping to move close to the 50 in the upgrade this season. My hope, obviously, is once they are really good again...I'll have outstanding seats.

I'm absolutely not thrilled with the availability of QBs this offseason. None of the players in the draft are top QBs...including Geno Smith. Being the best of a bad class doesn't make you great. I'm not going to make excuses for Alex Smith...as the number 1 pick in the draft he was probably a bust. Then, all the OCs and systems. Harbaugh got him to play really well and the last couple years he's been very good. Hopefully, he's a late bloomer and they've got a good one. If so, a couple 2nd rounders are a steal. This year's 2nd being so high hurts, should have been enough.

No, I haven't cancelled season tickets.

Bowser
03-03-2013, 10:34 AM
God bless you, Clearmont. You hang in there.

Molitoth
03-03-2013, 10:37 AM
I've said in multi other threads, didn't renew this year.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2013, 10:55 AM
You actually came to mind shortly after the trade went down, OTWP. I knew how you would take it, and wondered what you would do because of it. I was this >< close to going after my own tickets, but just wanted to wait until after the draft and free agency. I'm glad I did, and I don't blame anyone that backs out of paying thousands to go watch the same failed approach this team has taken for decades on end.

And those of you that like to puff out your chest and call people pussies for backing out of ticket purchases? All of you would make fine battered girlfriends/wives.

Yep. I mentioned him in several threads trying to get an over/under on how fast he was going to cancel. I knew it, don't blame him, and am thankful I didn't pull the trigger when I came REALLY close a month back.

Old Dog
03-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Someone will take your place and buy those tickets so there is no statement made by doing this.

Buy the tickets and don't go is the way to make a statement

Incorrect. There's not a waiting list for tickets, so someone won't necessarily buy them. Also, while buying and not going costs them concession and parking money, you've already paid for the seats.

R8RFAN
03-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Ok then be a bitch and not go, the NFL will gladly move you to LA

GloryDayz
03-03-2013, 11:29 AM

I seriously doubt it... And if they did, I think other owners know the gem they have in KC, they've seen it for years, and would certainly be interested in moving their team here for the "captive audience" that loves football. So, if Clark was to think he could pull this shit in L.A. and have fans show up in years, 3, 4 and 5, he's hit an all-time high of stupid, even for him. He makes more than enough with nobody showing up, so I'm not sure he much cares about a full stadium.

JMO...

tooge
03-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Nope. It's entertainment. I live the tailgating, game day experience, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of guys on here that will play golf twenty times this year, never break 90, and they will continue to fork up the dough to do so. Very similar to being a chiefs fan

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Nope. It's entertainment. I live the tailgating, game day experience, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of guys on here that will play golf twenty times this year, never break 90, and they will continue to fork up the dough to do so. Very similar to being a chiefs fan

How do you feel leaving the stadium for the final time after a 1-7 home slate?

R8RFAN
03-03-2013, 11:38 AM

I pony up the money for sunday ticket every year but I want to see every down my team plays... Even when they suck

KurtCobain
03-03-2013, 11:39 AM

A little drunk and hungry.

Bowser
03-03-2013, 11:39 AM

Like a beaten girlfriend after hearing he didn't mean it and won't ever do it again.

KCUnited
03-03-2013, 11:40 AM

I can work on not fading it out of bounds, being a STH is like paying to watch your mentally challenged caddy fade it out of bounds.

KurtCobain
03-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Honestly, leaving the stadium after a loss doesn't hurt at all like it did the first time it happened to me. If it was 2005 and I was fifteen, a 1&7 home slate would probably be the end of me as a Chiefs fan and I would cry at night. But the 2013 version of me that has seen the chiefs go 2-11 at the last 13 games I've attended doesn't really care anymore and just goes to enjoy the environment and support the team regardless of winning.

Old Dog
03-03-2013, 11:46 AM

With 20+ years remaining on the lease, they're not going anywhere.

tooge
03-03-2013, 11:51 AM

Bout the same as Most guys do after another summer of being unable to improve their golf game. Hoping next year is better and enjoying memories of friends I hung out with during the season.

03-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I virtually cancelled mine. :D Still can't believe how many of you jumped as soon as Reid was hired. I think about getting the division pack every year but I won't even think about it until after the draft each year. Funny, how each your I choose not to do it because I know the tickets will be cheaper on Stubhub.

gblowfish
03-03-2013, 11:57 AM
The only good thing I can say about last season is, we had decent weather for every home game. If you were rooting for "Visitor" you had a great time.

gblowfish
03-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Like a beaten girlfriend after hearing he didn't mean it and won't ever do it again.

I walked into the door again.

If you ask that's what I'll say.

It's not your business, anyway....

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Bout the same as Most guys do after another summer of being unable to improve their golf game. Hoping next year is better and enjoying memories of friends I hung out with during the season.

You realize that your golf comparison is completely disanalogous, correct?

DeezNutz
03-03-2013, 11:59 AM
I can work on not fading it out of bounds, being a STH is like paying to watch your mentally challenged caddy fade it out of bounds.

Being a Chiefs fan is pretty cool until you think about it too much.

stevieray
03-03-2013, 12:01 PM

he keeps opening the club face...

Discuss Thrower
Why would anyone want tickets this year with Dallas and their army of mouth breathing t-shirt fans coming in with a 20,000 person invasion force?

stevieray
Being a Chiefs fan is pretty cool until you think about it too much.

:clap:

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2013, 12:02 PM
he keeps opening the club face...

He does.

DeezNutz
03-03-2013, 12:04 PM
The season-ticket thread would be a real kick in the jewels right now. If memory serves, the rallying cry was, "Put our money where our mouths have been."

If only we had been more aware about where our mouths actually were...

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2013, 12:06 PM
The season-ticket thread would be a real kick in the jewels right now. If memory serves, the rallying cry was, "Put our money where our mouths have been."

If only we had been more aware about where our mouths actually were...

Like Clark Hunt boning our Mom and we are the cuckold?

tooge
03-03-2013, 12:08 PM

No, I disagree. On the premise that each is a form of entertainment. Each has a goal that the person being entertained is striving for, and each has it's disappointments when the goal isn't achieved. I do realize that one has it's success somewhat in the persons control and the other does not

Discuss Thrower
03-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Like Clark Hunt boning our Mom and we are the cuckold?

Uhhhhh, you know this implies incest

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2013, 12:11 PM
No, I disagree. On the premise that each is a form of entertainment. Each has a goal that the person being entertained is striving for, and each has it's disappointments when the goal isn't achieved. I do realize that one has it's success somewhat in the persons control and the other does not

One's success is entirely in the person's control. In the other, the person has absolutely no control over the success or failure of the team.

DaFace
03-03-2013, 12:12 PM

I don't have an issue with it. That's probably the mentality that separates "true fans" from whatever you hardcore types are calling yourselves these days.

I'm mostly interested in being entertained for 16 (or more) weeks per year by watching a consistently competitive team and hanging out with family every weekend. While I'd like to see them win a playoff game soon, I don't look back on the season as being completely ruined when they don't.

Case in point: this year was a million times more fun for Bronco fans than it was for Chiefs fans. You can say it was a failure because they didn't win a playoff game all you want, but I guarantee you most Bronco fans had a great time this season.

farmerchief
03-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Why would anyone want tickets this year with Dallas and their army of mouth breathing t-shirt fans coming in with a 20,000 person invasion force?

I would imagine to watch the Cowboy faithful go home broken hearted, would be my guess?:hmmm:

tooge
03-03-2013, 12:15 PM
One's success is entirely in the person's control. In the other, the person has absolutely no control over the success or failure of the team.

In theory yes. In reality no. If you want to be a scratch golfer, you can invest money in lessons, equipment, and practice, and still be unable to be a scratch golfer

Discuss Thrower
03-03-2013, 12:15 PM
I would imagine to watch the Cowboy faithful go home broken hearted, would be my guess?:hmmm:

When's the last time KC has beat the asshats from Dallas?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2013, 12:16 PM
I don't have an issue with it. That's probably the mentality that separates "true fans" from whatever you hardcore types are calling yourselves these days.

I'm mostly interested in being entertained for 16 (or more) weeks per year by watching a consistently competitive team and hanging out with family every weekend. While I'd like to see them win a playoff game soon, I don't look back on the season as being completely ruined when they don't.

In the golf comparison, your actions are the only thing that determine the success or failure of your round.

In the football comparison, you literally have absolutely no impact on the franchise other than forming a partial economic subsidy.

If you want to compare it to watching a movie, TV show, going to a play, concert, fine. Those are all also forms of entertainment that your actions don't affect whatsoever. But it's not in any way related to actively participating in the sport and basing your experience on your results.

DaFace
03-03-2013, 12:18 PM
In the golf comparison, your actions are the only thing that determine the success or failure of your round.

In the football comparison, you literally have absolutely no impact on the franchise other than forming a partial economic subsidy.

If you want to compare it to watching a movie, TV show, going to a play, concert, fine. Those are all also forms of entertainment that your actions don't affect whatsoever. But it's not in any way related to actively participating in the sport and basing your experience on your results.

I guess I don't see why it matters whether you're in control or not for the basis of this discussion. If control were the central issue in investment, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2013, 12:19 PM
In theory yes. In reality no. If you want to be a scratch golfer, you can invest money in lessons, equipment, and practice, and still be unable to be a scratch golfer

Yes, and your actions and talent determine that. You are limited by your own shortcomings. You have no impact on anything the franchise does.

It's not that two are even tangentially related, they are so unrelated as to be perfect antonyms of one another.

You think you're comparing two different kinds of dogs. You're actually comparing vertebrates and invertebrates.

tooge
03-03-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm a golfer BTW. I carry a 14 handicap. I doubt I'll ever be a single digit guy, despite practicing my ass off at the range. I'm more disappointed if I blow up and shoot a 98 that I "wasted" my day than I am if the chiefs lose.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2013, 12:21 PM
I guess I don't see why it matters whether you're in control or not for the basis of this discussion. If control were the central issue in investment, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Because he specifically said that leaving the stadium after 1-7 is like leaving the course for the winter after working on your game and never breaking 90.

If you base the happiness of your outcome on your score in golf, who is it that controls that score?

If you base your satisfaction on the outcome of a sporting event that you aren't participating in, who is it that controls that outcome?

If you work on your craft, you don't hope it gets better. You work to improve it. And your ability and effort determines your success.

03-03-2013, 12:22 PM
The disagreements on this site are so damned entertaining. LMAO

tooge
03-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Hammas, I'd suggest you don't buy season tickets since it seems to not be worth the risk for YOU. I enjoy it there, moreso when they win, but I enjoy the day regardless. Twenty years ago I would have had a different take than I do now

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Hammas, I'd suggest you don't buy season tickets since it seems to not be worth the risk for YOU. I enjoy it there, moreso when they win, but I enjoy the day regardless. Twenty years ago I would have had a different take than I do now

That's why I gave them up after 2009.

Again, you seem to think that I'm telling you what you should or should not enjoy. I'm not. What I'm saying is that you are a captive and dependent audience when you watch football. You have no material effect on the outcome of the game.

In golf, everything you do has a material effect on the outcome of your score.

You can enjoy yourself in both regardless of outcome, but if you base part of your enjoyment on the outcome you have to realize the real and crucial dichotomy between the two. In only one do you have control, and in that case you have absolute control. In the other you are completely subject to the actions and decisions of someone else and living vicariously through them.

That's where the disconnect occurs

03-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Hammas, I'd suggest you don't buy season tickets since it seems to not be worth the risk for YOU. I enjoy it there, moreso when they win, but I enjoy the day regardless. Twenty years ago I would have had a different take than I do nowI still have fun when I go as well, but the group of friends tailgating seems to get a little smaller each year. The diehards are always there though. What I love about the diehards I hang out with, they are still objective about the state of the team.

R8RFAN
03-03-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm a golfer BTW. I carry a 14 handicap. I doubt I'll ever be a single digit guy, despite practicing my ass off at the range. I'm more disappointed if I blow up and shoot a 98 that I "wasted" my day than I am if the chiefs lose.

I bet you are a pretty good ol boy in person

HotCarl
03-03-2013, 12:39 PM
I still have fun when I go as well, but the group of friends tailgating seems to get a little smaller each year. The diehards are always there though. What I love about the diehards I hang out with, they are still objective about the state of the team.

There are different categories.

Some people support the team only so long as they win.

Some people support the team only so long as they agree with the personnel moves that are made.

Some people support the team only so long as they find the experience at the game enjoyable.

Some people support the team as the result of a passion for that team that transcends the ups and downs of the standings across decades.

R8RFAN
03-03-2013, 12:43 PM

Some people support the team only so long as they agree with the personnel moves that are made.

Some people support the team only so long as they find the experience at the game enjoyable.

Some people support the team as the result of a passion for that team that transcends the ups and downs of the standings across decades.

#4 for me

Papi
03-03-2013, 12:43 PM

Haha seriously??? You would have been Hitler's ideal citizen. Way to not question anyone.
The majority of the fan base knew more about football than lots of men that have worked in the business their entire lives. Crennel, *****, Herm, etc.

R8RFAN
03-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Haha seriously??? You would have been Hitler's ideal citizen. Way to not question anyone.
The majority of the fan base knew more about football than lots of men that have worked in the business their entire lives. Crennel, *****, Herm, etc.

Hitler reference in a football thread? Seriously?

I am not much of a neg repper man but you deserve it.

Fish
03-03-2013, 12:46 PM

$63M contract for Cassel.
Picking up $16M of Alex Smiths contract from San Fran.

Almost $80M dollars thrown at the likes of Cassel and Smith alone. Plus two 2nd round picks, and a conditional 2nd or 3rd.

And drafting QBs is still too risky....

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2013, 12:48 PM

I agree completely.

I shared a portion of season tickets to the Dodgers from 2005-2007. I went to probably 20+ games per season, which is a shit ton (trying to find people last minute, etc. and so on). I don't remember the scores of the games or who won or lost, but I do recall bonding with friends, having beers and dogs and just having a great time.

The older we get and the more responsibilities we have, days and nights like that become more important than wins or losses. Sometimes, it's just nice to get away from the wife and kids for a few hours and hang with the boys. MLB, NHL, NBA and the NFL provide that much needed service.

Now with that said, the Chiefs organization should do everything in their power to put a consistent, winning football team on the field, year in and year out. But their moves, right or wrong, are out of my control.

OnTheWarpath15
03-03-2013, 12:53 PM
$63M contract for Cassel.
Picking up $16M of Alex Smiths contract from San Fran.

Almost $80M dollars thrown at the likes of Cassel and Smith alone. Plus two 2nd round picks, and a conditional 2nd or 3rd.

And drafting QBs is still too risky....

$57M to Tyson Jackson.

$51M to Glenn Dorsey.

$171M to three players we got nothing out of, and the loss of a 3rd overall, 5th overall and early R2 pick.

We'll be pushing $200M in a few years when we add Alex Smith to the list.

Papi
03-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Hitler reference in a football thread? Seriously?

I am not much of a neg repper man but you deserve it.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend your Fuhrer.

R8RFAN
03-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Sorry I didn't mean to offend your Fuhrer.

You are a ray of sunshine

Bowser
03-03-2013, 12:57 PM

Great seats still available!

OnTheWarpath15
03-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Great seats still available!

There will be 2 in the 2nd row of the upper deck around 4:30 tomorrow afternoon.

J Diddy
03-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Tru Fan Alert

Do you know what's more annoying than the true fan? The exact opposite end of the spectrum. You know, the kind that thinks they know everything and bitch about virtually every move. I'd take an oblivous homer over the buzzkill bitch monkeys that suck the life out of a football game. At least the homers aren't always angry.

J Diddy
03-03-2013, 01:05 PM
There will be 2 in the 2nd row of the upper deck around 4:30 tomorrow afternoon.

Sweet, I'll probably grab them up. Thanks.

03-03-2013, 01:05 PM

Some people support the team as the result of a passion for that team that transcends the ups and downs of the standings across decades.Bull****. I'm all of the above.

I love the Chiefs even if they don't show that love in return.
Even if the team is losing, I'll still go to a game every now and then.
I'll be critical of them when they deserve it (most of the time lately)
The gameday experience is always enjoyable, even in a loss.

To say I am less of a fan because I can be critical of them is complete horse****. I have loved and followed this team for over 30 years now.

OnTheWarpath15
03-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Sweet, I'll probably grab them up. Thanks.

You should. They are great seats.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2013, 01:26 PM
You're gonna feel dumb when they draft Geno.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2013, 01:31 PM

Yeah, I would wait until after free agency and the draft. No sense jumping to conclusions just yet.

Chieftain58
03-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Cancel, crock o shiite what they did

splatbass
03-03-2013, 01:39 PM
I haven't been on much since the trade, wondering HOW pissed off people are.

Are you talking, or are you ACTING?

I called my rep on Friday and found out that if I cancel, I'm out a shade over $100 and get refunded the balance of my deposit. Or, I can keep the tickets, and throw good money after bad and be out another $900.

I'm a little pissed at myself for getting excited and jumping the gun, but I honestly never saw these guys making the EXACT SAME MISTAKE this organization has made for 30 years. Should have waited until after the draft, but them's the breaks. At least I minimized the damage.

This forum is full of temper tantrum throwing pussies.

NJChiefsFan
03-03-2013, 01:43 PM

Is this a quote from after Pioli was hired? If being employed means you know what you are doing in sports than there wouldn't be tons of franchises that just can't get out of their own way. This goes with any profession. There are people who take care of cars for a hobby that I am sure are better than some mechanics. Teachers, cooks, ect.

Coach
03-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Was seriously considering the option for season tickets, but when they made the A. Smith trade, I said to myself "Forget about it."

Same old shit that's been going on for the last 30 years. :shake:

LoneWolf
03-03-2013, 01:50 PM

If you actually believe there is one person on this entire website who knows more about football than Crennel, Pioli, or Herm then you are delusional and beyond help. Have decisions these men have made ultimately been proven to be wrong? Yes, but their knowledge of the sport is greater than anyone that has ever posted on this site. I never said that anyone didn't have the right to question decisions made by Reid, Dorsey, Pioli, Carl, or anyone else for that matter. I simply stated that canceling your season tickets because the regime didn't get the QB that you wanted is childish.

Next time you entertain the idea of bringing up Hitler in a football discussion, remember that it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Rasputin
03-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Do you know what's more annoying than the true fan? The exact opposite end of the spectrum. You know, the kind that thinks they know everything and bitch about virtually every move. I'd take an oblivous homer over the buzzkill bitch monkeys that suck the life out of a football game. At least the homers aren't always angry.

This is kind of a funny post to me. I'd be the biggest homer Chiefs Planet has ever seen if we would for once just draft a QBotf with first pick of the draft. I'd be all in & and say fuck the haters. I want to be that fan. Is it too much to ask after 30 years to draft and have our own home grown QB with our first round draft pick?

tooge
03-03-2013, 01:59 PM
I agree completely.

I shared a portion of season tickets to the Dodgers from 2005-2007. I went to probably 20+ games per season, which is a shit ton (trying to find people last minute, etc. and so on). I don't remember the scores of the games or who won or lost, but I do recall bonding with friends, having beers and dogs and just having a great time.

The older we get and the more responsibilities we have, days and nights like that become more important than wins or losses. Sometimes, it's just nice to get away from the wife and kids for a few hours and hang with the boys. MLB, NHL, NBA and the NFL provide that much needed service.

Now with that said, the Chiefs organization should do everything in their power to put a consistent, winning football team on the field, year in and year out. But their moves, right or wrong, are out of my control.

Bingo Dane. This post says it all. The part about a few beers with the guys is spot on.

LoneWolf
03-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Is this a quote from after ***** was hired? If being employed means you know what you are doing in sports than there wouldn't be tons of franchises that just can't get out of their own way. This goes with any profession. There are people who take care of cars for a hobby that I am sure are better than some mechanics. Teachers, cooks, ect.

FFS, making decisions dealing with football personel is based on the judgement of people. There are tons of variables that can affect whether or not a player becomes a great player or a bust. If these decisions were so easy, Tom Brady would have been the first pick in the draft, Aaron Rodgers would have been the first pick in the draft, etc... Your comparison of mechanics, teachers, and cooks is stupid. Those professions do not rely heavily on one's ability to make a judgement of someone else's future performance.

Your statement that there are tons of franchises that just can't get out of their own way speaks to the difficulty of making judgements of future performance.

Discuss Thrower
03-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Bingo Dane. This post says it all. The part about a few beers with the guys is spot on.

Save a beaucoup money by going to a sports bar then...

splatbass
03-03-2013, 02:05 PM
This is kind of a funny post to me. I'd be the biggest homer Chiefs Planet has ever seen if we would for once just draft a QBotf with first pick of the draft. I'd be all in & and say **** the haters. I want to be that fan. Is it too much to ask after 30 years to draft and have our own home grown QB with our first round draft pick?

Yes, it is too much to ask if none of the available QBs are worth taking at #1. You shouldn't take a QB at #1 just because you've been dreaming of a #1 QB for a long time.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Save a beaucoup money by going to a sports bar then...

A day at a sports bar can't compete with a day at the stadium

Discuss Thrower
03-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Sports bars don't compare to a stadium

Clearly, but if the overall objective is to spend time with friends then I can imagine much more economical means of doing that.

Or, if it's just not the same without attending a live action sport, then why not consider minor league or smaller college games?

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I agree completely.

This is the one reason I keep my season tickets. Normally my dad goes to the games with me and its nice to spend the day with him. Its not for the product on the field thats for sure.

BigRedChief
03-03-2013, 02:27 PM
I'm gonna pick a game this year and spring for tickets for the 3 of us to go to a game. Knowing both of you off of this board, you'd love to watch a game together. You guys would hit it off.Just don't let OTWP58 make the jaggerbombs if you want to remember the game.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Clearly, but if the overall objective is to spend time with friends then I can imagine much more economical means of doing that.

Everything in life can't be about economics.

BigRedChief
03-03-2013, 02:34 PM
I agree completely.

Now with that said, the Chiefs organization should do everything in their power to put a consistent, winning football team on the field, year in and year out. But their moves, right or wrong, are out of my control.I had season tickets for many years. I experienced more bad years than good years. But, we always had fun. We loved tailgating and the game day experience. Seeing our friends and fellow fans. That had value to us.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
03-03-2013, 02:35 PM
I wish I lived close enough to get season tickets.

That's why I buy tickets every time they play anywhere near me.

Been following the team since 1966 -- a tad late to change teams now.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2013, 02:35 PM
This is the one reason I keep my season tickets. Normally my dad goes to the games with me and its nice to spend the day with him. Its not for the product on the field thats for sure.

A few years back, I took my Dad to a Dodgers game. I didn't have tickets for that particular game (which were 6 rows from first base), so I purchased some in the area for $120 each.

He had an absolutely blast watching the Dodgers beat the Cubs. He loved the view, the stadium, the atmosphere - everything.

I can't remember if the Dodgers won or lost but it's a great memory and sometimes, that's what it's all about.

Rasputin
03-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Yes, it is too much to ask if none of the available QBs are worth taking at #1. You shouldn't take a QB at #1 just because you've been dreaming of a #1 QB for a long time.

But...

IMO Geno Smith is worth it to take that risk on and be the guy to build a team around. I'd like the team for a change grow a set of balls and take a chance rather doing the same damn thing and do exactly what the other GM did that got him fired.

Pablo
03-03-2013, 02:37 PM
A day at a sports bar can't compete with a day at the stadiumI've had plenty of days at the stadium the last couple of years; and a day at the sports bar with another game on the screen would have most definitely been a better time.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2013, 02:38 PM
I had season tickets for many years. I experienced more bad years than good years. But, we always had fun. We loved tailgating and the game day experience. Seeing our friends and fellow fans. That had value to us.

Absolutely.

But just to be clear skeptic or those that would like to skew my words, the game day experience that fans cherish doesn't excuse the Chiefs front office from putting a highly competitive team on the field, year in and year out.

I'd bet that 90% of Arrowhead Stadium, right or wrong, is happy with a competitive, competent football team that's always challenging for or appearing in the playoffs. The 90's are proof of that.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2013, 02:40 PM
I've had plenty of days at the stadium the last couple of years; and a day at the sports bar with another game on the screen would have most definitely been a better time.

I can see that. I didn't attend every game at Arrowhead when I lived in KC and often times, just walking over to Tanner's on 119th on Sunday was just as fun as being at Arrowhead.

But with all things being equal, I can definitely say that my time at Arrowhead, win or lose, was more eventful than a day at Tanner's.

Phobia
03-03-2013, 02:45 PM
I've seen tooge when he had no control at Arrowhead and when he had no control at the golf course. He and 17 beers are friends now and then.

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2013, 02:46 PM
I'd bet that 90% of Arrowhead Stadium, right or wrong, is happy with a competitive, competent football team that's always challenging for or appearing in the playoffs. The 90's are proof of that.

Give me the 90's Chiefs with a real quarterback like we had with Montana and Chiefs football would be incrediable.

Pablo
03-03-2013, 02:46 PM
I can see that. I didn't attend every game at Arrowhead when I lived in KC and often times, just walking over to Tanner's on 119th on Sunday was just as fun as being at Arrowhead.

But with all things being equal, I can definitely say that my time at Arrowhead, win or lose, was more eventful than a day at Tanner's.You were probably fortunate enough to watch winning Chiefs football at the stadium or at the bar.

I wasn't fortunate enough to really get that experience. I'd say I've been to the stadium 25 times in the last 5 years or so. I bet I've watched 7-8 wins. I'd be just as happy to round the guys up and head to the local bar to watch the Chiefs lose and only blow $50 instead of $150.

This franchise kills me. I can't continue to fork over entertainment money for what turns out to be misery most of the time.

Hey, maybe the Royals will be worth a shit this year. I'll be there opening day. At least Hoch won't be able to muck that up like last year.

LMAO

Pablo
03-03-2013, 03:00 PM
I was born in '86; so I wasn't really old enough to appreciate the teams of the 90's. My dad quit watching the Chiefs after the Linn Eliot game, so I didn't go to any games as a kid. I probably really started following and caring about the team in the early 00's. And that's got me jack shit.

Sometimes I wish I could just flip a switch in my mind and root for the Chiefs like I did as a kid. Not care about anything but rooting for them during the game. Not care about the offseason moves and all that. Just roll with it.

*Sigh* Don't think that's ever going to happen.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2013, 03:03 PM
You were probably fortunate enough to watch winning Chiefs football at the stadium or at the bar.

From 1989-1992 (I left KC in February 1993), I definitely saw more wins than losses. But from 1984-1988, I certainly saw more losses than wins.

And don't even get me started on the 70's, wearing a parka, ski mask and moon boots, only to watch the team lose week after week. That wasn't much fun at all. Tailgating was scarce and even if it did happen, I was way too young to enjoy it.

J Diddy
03-03-2013, 03:07 PM
This is kind of a funny post to me. I'd be the biggest homer Chiefs Planet has ever seen if we would for once just draft a QBotf with first pick of the draft. I'd be all in & and say **** the haters. I want to be that fan. Is it too much to ask after 30 years to draft and have our own home grown QB with our first round draft pick?

Yeah, my dick. You might be at first, but here's the kicker: If the player you draft can't hack it then it does not matter where we draft them.

Seriously, some of these comments are borderline retarded. They are following their board. Their is no job security issues yet, there is a proven history of the 2 of drafting their own qbs. Just because they (like everyone else in the football world, with the exception of the raiders model franchise) don't like the qb prospect doesn't mean shit.

You no sooner can blame them for the drafting policies of the last 30 years than you can for the cold war.

Setsuna
03-03-2013, 03:13 PM

Me neither brother! Hate that place. State line says: Now entering California...You now have Aids.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Yeah, season tickets are different for guys like Marcellus, OTWP, and myself. We don't live in KC. We have a 3 hour drive each way in order to go to the games. It's an all day, or overnight experience, and that adds considerably to the expense. Gas, and hotels on top of tickets, parking, tailgating, and concessions. I need more than brisket to get up at the butt crack of dawn, or fork over north of $100 for a room to come see the games every week.

Pablo
03-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Yeah, season tickets are different for guys like Marcellus, OTWP, and myself. We don't live in KC. We have a 3 hour drive each way in order to go to the games. It's an all day, or overnight experience, and that adds considerably to the expense. Gas, and hotels on top of tickets, parking, tailgating, and concessions. I need more than brisket to get up at the butt crack of dawn, or fork over north of $100 for a room to come see the games every week.I can't imagine that haul. Spending 12-14 hours on a Chiefs game just to watch them suck shit. Fuck that. I only live 30 minutes away and it's too much for me.

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2013, 03:23 PM
I live 2 hours away, normal Chiefs game is about a 8 to 9 hour day.

Bowser
03-03-2013, 03:25 PM
I can't imagine that haul. Spending 12-14 hours on a Chiefs game just to watch them suck shit. Fuck that. I only live 30 minutes away and it's too much for me.

Pretty much. Hell, I live like 10 minutes away from the stadium and have been to like 5 games in three years.

Pablo
03-03-2013, 03:26 PM
I live 2 hours away, normal Chiefs game is about a 8 to 9 hour day.I'm usually out the door at 8 and back home by 4 on game days.

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
I can't imagine that haul. Spending 12-14 hours on a Chiefs game just to watch them suck shit. **** that. I only live 30 minutes away and it's too much for me.

When I lived in Kansas City for a summer, it was weird as hell to decide at like 6pm to go to a Royals game at night. Its always been a day long event to go to a pro game any sport.

Old Dog
03-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Yeah, season tickets are different for guys like Marcellus, OTWP, and myself. We don't live in KC. We have a 3 hour drive each way in order to go to the games. It's an all day, or overnight experience, and that adds considerably to the expense. Gas, and hotels on top of tickets, parking, tailgating, and concessions. I need more than brisket to get up at the butt crack of dawn, or fork over north of $100 for a room to come see the games every week.

I know the feeling.....get up at 4am to be there not later than 7:30 (after having packed the truck the night before) and then home about 8pm. By the time everything is unpacked, cleaned, and put away it's 9:30 or later.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2013, 03:31 PM

I totally get that and wouldn't blame OTWP for cancelling his tickets at all. That's a huge commitment and he has every right to disapprove of the Chiefs latest moves.

It just sucks that he'll lose 10%.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2013, 03:34 PM
I totally get that and wouldn't blame OTWP for cancelling his tickets at all. That's a huge commitment and he has every right to disapprove of the Chiefs latest moves.

It just sucks that he'll lose 10%.

Yeah, I think that's horseshit. I hope he waits until after the draft to fully decide. I still may end up doing it. I don't know, there's always hope with me when a new guy comes in. Especially one with Reid and Dorsey's pedigree. I did it 5 times in 2010 and the only game we lost was the playoff game. I haven't been back since. Even with Alex, I may still pull the trigger and get season tickets. I've always wanted too...

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I think that's horseshit. I hope he waits until after the draft to fully decide. I still may end up doing it. I don't know, there's always hope with me when a new guy comes in. Especially one with Reid and Dorsey's pedigree. I did it 5 times in 2010 and the only game we lost was the playoff game. I haven't been back since. Even with Alex, I may still pull the trigger and get season tickets. I've always wanted too...

Even if the Chiefs suck you still get to see other great players and the other NFL teams. I have seen every team in the NFL in person expect the Patriots, Jets, Redskins, and Lions.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Even if the Chiefs suck you still get to see other great players and the other NFL teams. I have seen every team in the NFL in person expect the Patriots, Jets, Redskins, and Lions.

This has always been my argument to friends for buying Royals tickets.

Even though the Royals have endured losing seasons for two decades, tickets are cheap and you get to watch the best baseball players in the world.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2013, 03:47 PM

And growing up in the PNW, I only got to see them in the Kingdome when Seattle was in the AFC West. Since I joined here in 2005 and the internet has exploded I've literally made dozens of Chiefs friends. Having the experience to hang out, and party with them while sitting amongst thousands of people that are actually rooting for the same team as me is a value most Chiefs fans don't understand. The out of towners here can attest to that. It goes a bit beyond winning and losing. Even though I desperately want to win.

lewdog
03-03-2013, 03:49 PM
No doubt going to a few games a year, even in a shitty season is cool, but how anyone drops that coin to see all games for a shitty team is just mind blowing.

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2013, 03:52 PM
If you don't want the 10 game commitment, wait until the half season ticket packs go on sale. Thats 5 games - 1 preseason and 4 regular. It was the first season ticket package I had and it was pretty good deal.

splatbass
03-03-2013, 04:31 PM
But...

IMO Geno Smith is worth it to take that risk on and be the guy to build a team around. I'd like the team for a change grow a set of balls and take a chance rather doing the same damn thing and do exactly what the other GM did that got him fired.

Yes, in your opinion. But not in the opinion of virtually every actual NFL personnel office. What makes you smarter than all those teams?

splatbass
03-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Sometimes I wish I could just flip a switch in my mind and root for the Chiefs like I did as a kid. Not care about anything but rooting for them during the game. Not care about the offseason moves and all that. Just roll with it.

You can. You choose not to do it. Sometimes we are so caught up in the big picture we forget to enjoy the game. Even if your record sucks and you have no chance at the playoffs you can enjoy a good game. You just have to let yourself.

splatbass
03-03-2013, 04:45 PM

Your loss. I lived there for 6 years and still enjoy visiting. A great state with a lot to do and see, beautiful mountains, beaches, deserts, great cities. I loved living there even with the obnoxious Raiders fans. My favorite state outside of my adopted home state of Hawaii.

03-03-2013, 04:49 PM
If you don't want the 10 game commitment, wait until the half season ticket packs go on sale. Thats 5 games - 1 preseason and 4 regular. It was the first season ticket package I had and it was pretty good deal.Or the division pack for just the AFCW opponents.

Papi
03-03-2013, 05:12 PM
If you actually believe there is one person on this entire website who knows more about football than Crennel, *****, or Herm then you are delusional and beyond help. Have decisions these men have made ultimately been proven to be wrong? Yes, but their knowledge of the sport is greater than anyone that has ever posted on this site. I never said that anyone didn't have the right to question decisions made by Reid, Dorsey, *****, Carl, or anyone else for that matter. I simply stated that canceling your season tickets because the regime didn't get the QB that you wanted is childish.

Next time you entertain the idea of bringing up Hitler in a football discussion, remember that it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

LMAO Hitler gets mocked every day on forums across the internet. But because I referenced him to make you look like the tard you are I'm the bad guy? All amount of football knowledge is nullified when you you shoot your team in the foot and stick with Cassel way too long or pick Grbac over Gannon.

Al Bundy
03-03-2013, 07:47 PM
If you actually believe there is one person on this entire website who knows more about football than Crennel, *****, or Herm then you are delusional and beyond help. Have decisions these men have made ultimately been proven to be wrong? Yes, but their knowledge of the sport is greater than anyone that has ever posted on this site. I never said that anyone didn't have the right to question decisions made by Reid, Dorsey, *****, Carl, or anyone else for that matter. I simply stated that canceling your season tickets because the regime didn't get the QB that you wanted is childish.

I'm going to disagree. There are some real dumb motherfuckers that work in the NFL and have no business being in football, and there are some people who actually post on these types of boards that could do a better job than some of these people.

SAUTO
03-03-2013, 07:54 PM
I live 2 hours away, normal Chiefs game is about a 8 to 9 hour day.

How do you make it there in two hours?

takes me an hour forty five
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2013, 07:59 PM
How do you make it there in two hours?

takes me an hour forty five
Posted via Mobile Device

I moved to the westside of the Lake. Not to mention Sunday mornings = no traffice. :)

SAUTO
03-03-2013, 08:04 PM
I moved to the westside of the Lake. Not to mention Sunday mornings = no traffice. :)

you have got to be rolling out to make out in that time lol
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2013, 08:09 PM
you have got to be rolling out to make out in that time lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Normally just 5 over. I can make pretty good time on 50.

O.city
03-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Didn't end up getting ST's. Really thought about it but once we found out we had a little one on the way, didn't really add up. Probably still end up going to a game or two, if we get any prime time games.

SAUTO
03-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Normally just 5 over. I can make pretty good time on 50.

I hate 50 lol.

I go 7 to 71. But they would probably be longer for you.

7 keeps you awake lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin
03-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Yes, in your opinion. But not in the opinion of virtually every actual NFL personnel office. What makes you smarter than all those teams?

I may not know if Geno Smith will work out or not, my hope is that he will be great with success just take the chance on the kid. I got a good feeling about Geno Smith I like what I saw from him playing QB at WV. A team like the Cardinals could take a chance on Geno Smith if the Raiders don't do it am sure a top 10 team still will. Geno Smith has to prove himself like every prospect has to prove himself in the league or they are out the door. It's on Geno Smith to prove himself not me.

Now for Alex Smith I am an expert at watching shitty retread QBs come to Kansas City. I can recognize a shitty retread when I see them.

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2013, 08:18 PM
I hate 50 lol.

I go 7 to 71. But they would probably be longer for you.

7 keeps you awake lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Made the 13 to 71 drive when I lived in Springfield for college alot. Kind of miss it sometimes. Talked to one of the big MoDot guys down here and eventually they want to take Hwy 7 and make it a four lane from Clinton to Laurie. That would make a trip to KC real quick.

tooge
03-03-2013, 10:08 PM
I've seen tooge when he had no control at Arrowhead and when he had no control at the golf course. He and 17 beers are friends now and then.

I only had 17 that day?

pr_capone
03-03-2013, 10:31 PM
I have not renewed. We have spoke on the phone twice and I stated that my purchasing decision would be based on what they do in the draft.

Alex Smith has my full support and I will go full homer for him because I feel it is my duty to the team... for now. But I can do that from home and be no less of a fan. My decision to spend money on the team is like me betting on a horse. How much I like the horse had no bearing on whether I will gamble my money on it or not.

Granted... I live 4 hours away. If arrowhead were in my back yard it would be a more difficult decision.

O.city
03-03-2013, 10:33 PM
I've decided i'm just gonna homer up and have fun with it like when I was a kid. Not take it too serious, not care about numbers, etc.

Beer, BBQ, Football. Fun.

Reid's gonna get us winning games.

Bowser
03-03-2013, 10:50 PM
I've decided i'm just gonna homer up and have fun with it like when I was a kid. Not take it too serious, not care about numbers, etc.

I'm holding you personally responsible for the last statement.

KurtCobain
03-03-2013, 10:54 PM

Wow.

O.city
03-03-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm holding you personally responsible for the last statement.

Look at the last 3 HC's we've had in KC. Realistically, there isn't one in there thats worth a pancake fart.

Reid will win games here. I bet we are in teh AFCC game within 2/3 years.

Pablo
03-03-2013, 10:55 PM

Are you going to spend any money on this franchise?

KurtCobain
03-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Look at the last 3 HC's we've had in KC. Realistically, there isn't one in there thats worth a pancake fart.

I agree full heartedly.

Sorter
03-03-2013, 10:57 PM

I can't see that with Brady, Manning, Flacco, Rapist, and Luck all in the playoffs.

Pablo

LMAO

Yeah, I bet.

O.city
Are you going to spend any money on this franchise?

I'm sure I'll go to TC, 3/4 games.

Although the wife and I are having our first little one in August and I'm going to be looking to find a job so who knows.

Sorter
03-03-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm sure I'll go to TC, 3/4 games.

Although the wife and I are having our first little one in August and I'm going to be looking to find a job so who knows.

*fistbump*

Strongside
03-03-2013, 11:09 PM
I didn't cancel. The enjoyment that I get from being with friends for a common cause, win or lose, outweighs my disdain for the direction of the franchise...which, though some would disagree, seems to be on the up.

crossbow
03-03-2013, 11:12 PM
I still can't believe they think this is an innovative idea. It is about as imaginative and disciplined as thinking you invented the internet.

TribalElder
03-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I hope you held off on the cancel OTWP.

Bowe signed & Albert tagged

Geno Smith..... Come Awn Down!

KurtCobain
03-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Still a sport I love as well, Dave. I played competitively from age 7 through high school and was an injury away from playing small college ball.

But let's face it, if every movie you went to for 30 years sucked ass, at what point would you quit spending your entertainment dollars at the movies?

30 years of Gigli is enough.

Will everybody please leave gigli in the past?

Frosty
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AHz6dWwYIOg/TSOovtQX3EI/AAAAAAAAAok/J0jUw9fnNnk/s1600/Not+so+fast+my+friend.jpg

03-04-2013, 03:57 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AHz6dWwYIOg/TSOovtQX3EI/AAAAAAAAAok/J0jUw9fnNnk/s1600/Not+so+fast+my+friend.jpgthey haven't fixed the QB position yet.

Frosty
03-04-2013, 04:00 PM
they haven't fixed the QB position yet.

There is still the draft. :grovel:

tooge
03-04-2013, 04:09 PM
yeah, this thread now seems a bit premature, no? Now, the chiefs have done everything that everyone wanted except that they got their quarterback from another team. Now, as long as they draft a "reasonable" quarterback to develop, the CP collective should be thrilled.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-04-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm probably going to go ahead and get them. I'm really not that destroyed over Alex Smith. I know we're going to get a young QB in here soon. I do trust the proven guy running the show.

Bearcat
03-04-2013, 05:11 PM
yeah, this thread now seems a bit premature, no? Now, the chiefs have done everything that everyone wanted except that they got their quarterback from another team. Now, as long as they draft a "reasonable" quarterback to develop, the CP collective should be thrilled.

I wonder if there's a more fickle fanbase out there... but, FWIW, I'm speaking more towards running out to buy season tickets after getting rid of Pioli than wanting to back out after the Alex Smith trade. If nothing else, we sure are desperate to see a winner and willing to pay top dollar to see one. Either way, I've stuck to the thought of "fix the QB position, then show me on the field, then we'll talk," even though simply making an effort to fix the QB (beyond picking up a QB another team doesn't want) would probably sway me into going to a game or two.

OnTheWarpath15
03-04-2013, 05:13 PM

No, I won't because I will have saved over 2 grand not watching Alex Smith play for at least two years.

OnTheWarpath15
03-04-2013, 05:16 PM

Exactly.

I've mentioned my first stint as a STH here before.

My wife and I tallied up how much money we spent on Chiefs games over the 5 years we were STH's. Tickets, travel, hotel, food, gas, parking, we went to one road game every year, etc.

Came to a little over $25k for those 5 years.

I'm not making that mistake again until they prove to me that they've addressed their 20 year mistake.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Exactly.

My wife and I tallied up how much money we spent on Chiefs games over the 5 years we were STH's. Tickets, travel, hotel, food, gas, parking, we went to one road game every year, etc.

I'm not making that mistake again until they prove to me that they've addressed their 20 year mistake.

I totally understand. I'm only doing it because I've always wanted to be a STH and never have. 2 1/2 years I've been to half a dozen games. I'm excited enough for our future that I'm going to go ahead and take the leap. Hopefully it's inspiring enough to continue.

SAUTO
03-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Made the 13 to 71 drive when I lived in Springfield for college alot. Kind of miss it sometimes. Talked to one of the big MoDot guys down here and eventually they want to take Hwy 7 and make it a four lane from Clinton to Laurie. That would make a trip to KC real quick.
7 would be tough to get to a 4 lane from Clinton to Warsaw
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
03-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I've heard this is definitely going down. Not sure how reliable it was, but someone told me that was going to be the reality in the next ten years.

SAUTO
03-04-2013, 05:22 PM
It's going to be a qb at one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bearcat
03-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Exactly.

Holy shit. I probably would have done the same thing had I bought season tickets after Reid was hired... I would have had a healthy dose of buyer's remorse and cut my losses. Hell, one reason I didn't make it that far this time was because I had to do that a couple of seasons ago after they lost their first two games 95-14 or whatever it was. It's just not worth it when the price of one ticket + parking is about the same as a month's worth of internet/cable and CFB/NFL in HD, and they can shit the bed during any given game... much less wasting an entire day in the process.

SAUTO
03-04-2013, 05:28 PM
I've heard this is definitely going down. Not sure how reliable it was, but someone told me that was going to be the reality in the next ten years.

that would be awesome for me. But I've driven it. It would be tough to pull it off. That road is narrow and no shoulders as it is, and the mile long bridge would be an obstacle
Posted via Mobile Device

TribalElder
03-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Tightwad does not approve of this expansion

SAUTO
03-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Tightwad does not approve of this expansion

Lol. That bank sure stays busy.

But it's actually from racket to Warsaw that would be the hardest IMO.

bridge at state park, mile long bridge, all along the lake...

Be a major job and would fuck up the lake traffic for at least two years.

That would hurt our economy around here
Posted via Mobile Device

TribalElder
03-04-2013, 06:44 PM
I closed my account there two months ago.

SAUTO
03-04-2013, 06:47 PM
I closed my account there two months ago.

You live close or just pass through?
Posted via Mobile Device

TribalElder
03-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Lived there for 8 years but moved to KC. Tired of the drive.

SAUTO
03-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Lived there for 8 years but moved to KC. Tired of the drive.

must work in kc.

I would never drive that far to work. Fuck that.

I can roll out of bed and be at the shop in five minutes if I'm in a hurry. Time to get dressed brush my teeth and drive two blocks lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
03-04-2013, 06:57 PM
I see the Chiefs are playing at Washington this year.

Somehow I suspect the tickets will be a tad more expensive on Stub Hub than they were last time I went. Too bad the Redskins don't sell single game tickets . . . season or nothing at Fed-Ex Field. *sigh*

ChiefsCountry
03-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Lol. That bank sure stays busy.

But it's actually from racket to Warsaw that would be the hardest IMO.

bridge at state park, mile long bridge, all along the lake...

Be a major job and would **** up the lake traffic for at least two years.

That would hurt our economy around here
Posted via Mobile Device

Unless they build a new road and go north of Warsaw, that might be the plan especially where they want it to go east.

SAUTO
03-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Unless they build a new road and go north of Warsaw, that might be the plan especially where they want it to go east.

Long way north to miss the lake.

Guess it could go with c highway across to Lincoln
Posted via Mobile Device

TribalElder
03-04-2013, 07:34 PM
C to T

SAUTO
03-04-2013, 07:39 PM
C to T

I would hate either route.

C to t sucks too lol.

Come out north of Warsaw.
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
03-05-2013, 11:46 AM

Home game Sundays:

3am - get up
4am - Meet up and head out in RV
7am - Get in line at Gate 5
8:30am - Tailgate time
11:15am - Head into stadium
3pm - Head home
6-6:30pm - Arrive back home

Bowser
03-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Home game Sundays:

3am - get up
3pm - Head home

How long does it take to stow away/clean up all the tailgate gear?

GloryDayz
03-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Home game Sundays:

3am - get up
3pm - Head home

Ummmmm, where's the beer in there?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Home game Sundays:

3am - get up
3pm - Head home

That sounds absolutely exhausting.

I didn't even want to make the drive from CoMo, let alone Springfield.

Bearcat
03-05-2013, 12:40 PM

It's like breathing... required and ongoing throughout the day, so there's no need to mention it.

And yeah, that does sound exhausting.

10:30am - get up
11am - get around to making breakfast
noon - turn on the game
12:40pm - flip PiP so I can just watch the RZ channel instead
2pm - nap
3pm - wake up, check scores, hope there's a decent afternoon or SNF game.

luv
03-05-2013, 12:46 PM

For some, from 4am until 6:30pm. For me, usually 8:30am until 11:15am.

luv
03-05-2013, 12:47 PM
That sounds absolutely exhausting.

I didn't even want to make the drive from CoMo, let alone Springfield.

Thankfully, I can sleep in the RV. :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2013, 01:34 PM
The games have been so depressing over the last few years I generally tune out for a while during the second or third quarter and beat off. Probably a good thing I canceled my STs.

philfree
03-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Home game Sundays:

3am - get up
3pm - Head home

You're getting up way to early. I think I once made it to the stadium in 2 hrs.

Leave about 7:30 roll into the parking lot at 10:30. Honestly that's to early for me even. Tailgating is just alright in my book. I prefer getting out of my vehicle and walking into the stadium, buying a beer and entering the bowl just as they finish the anthem. Just in time to get in my seat for the opening KO. Of course I gave up my tickets after '07 so it's not an issue until I truley think this team is headed in the right direction.

tooge
03-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Remind me to not let you go to the bathroom at my house during the second or third quarters.

GloryDayz
03-05-2013, 02:27 PM
The games have been so depressing over the last few years I generally tune out for a while during the second or third quarter and beat off. Probably a good thing I canceled my STs.

There's no bad time to fap.... Geeeeez, I think most of fap when the actually do something well. We can only hope for blisters and calluses in the years ahead...

soopamanluva
03-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Home game Sundays:

3am - get up
3pm - Head home

Man....don't know if I could do it. I don't leave my house until 10am. Get to the stadium at about 10:20.