PDA

View Full Version : Life CoCo Key vs Great Wolf Lodge

wazu
03-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Any thoughts on these two locations for a brief "stay in KC" vacation? Have two boys, age 10 and 7, and wanting to plan some fun over their Spring break. Great Wolf is almost twice the price, but I have heard that CoCo Keys is a little more geared towards younger kids. Much thanks for any perspective.

Saul Good
03-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Not Coco Key. You're welcome.

Bowser
03-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Not Coco Key. You're welcome.

^

Raiderhater
03-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Never stayed at either. But I do know that Great Wolf has Cabela's (and plenty of other shopping) and lots of dining options in the immediate vicinity.

Fish
03-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Been to both many times. And honestly, my daughter(7) is perfectly happy with CoCo Keys, and like you said it's half the price. CoCo Keys is a little bit smaller, and doesn't have as big of outdoor stuff. Which makes a big difference in the summer time, but not so much in cold weather. Lots more outside stuff at Great Wolf in summer(outdoor shallow kids pool with stuff to play on), while CoCo only has an outside pool.

Great Wolf does a lot of extra stuff outside of the waterpark activities. Which are a lot of fun for the kids. They had this game at Great Wolf last time where the kids got a magic wand, and went around to all these displays and waved the wand to make a checkpoint or something, and then find the next one according to a map. That kept them entertained for hours outside of the waterpark. And nightly storybook reading. Build a Bear. Arts and crafts. Plus the rooms are tailored for kids too.

It comes down to whether you think the stuff outside of the waterpark is worth it. If not, CoCo is a good time for cheap.

Deberg_1990
03-03-2013, 10:12 PM
CoCo keys is basically a poor mans Great Wolf Lodge