PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What are the chances we can land a DE and/or a 2nd CB in free agency?

shammus
03-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Seems to me that CB and DE are the remaining major needs on this team. If we can address these in free agency, I think our chances of drafting Geno are significantly increased.

Fortunately, both seem to be pretty deep positions in the free agency class....CB especially. Here's a list of free agent corners...Most of these guys would be at least an upgrade over Stanford Routt.

Aquib Talib
Brent Grimes
Sean Smith
Chris Houston
Derek Cox
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Cary Williams
EJ Biggers
Antoine Cason
Keenan Lewis
Mike Jenkins
Bradley Fletcher
Greg Toler
Jerraud Powers
Tracy Porter
Sheldon Brown
Quentin Jammer
Terance Newman
Rashean Mathis
Leodis McKelvin

Not as many 3-4 DEs, but there's a few out there that can upgrade what we have...

Michael Bennett
Osi Umenyiora
Dwight Freeney
Isreal Idonije
Matt Shaughnessy
Chris Canty
Cullen Jenkins

I'm not too familiar with our cap situation. Seems as though if you remove Cassel and Jackson's salary from the equation though, we'll still have room enough to be active in free agency. Thoughts?

mcaj22
03-04-2013, 09:55 PM
lot of shitty players on that list

O.city
03-04-2013, 09:55 PM
If they wanna spend some more money, there are a couple good CB's on that list.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2013, 09:56 PM
I'd sign Sean Smith and Shaughnessy.

O.city
03-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Bad Guy, any idea what changed about tagging Albert?

Sanka
03-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Osi and Freeney cant play 34 end.

CHENZ A!
03-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Talib

RealSNR
03-04-2013, 10:08 PM
We're GOING to sign some of those guys. Reid will want veterans on the defensive line.

Whether they start or not is another question.

noa
03-04-2013, 10:09 PM
I'd be down for taking a flyer on Grimes if we can get him some deer antler spray.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
03-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Cullen Jenkins or Chris Canty would be fine for 3-4 DE.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Bad Guy, any idea what changed about tagging Albert?

Really don't know. Don't know if they just were keeping hush about it but the guy was pretty adamant that Albert wouldn't be tagged.

I don't think they expected to get Bowe on 5/50 with 24 guaranteed though either.

O.city
03-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Really don't know. Don't know if they just were keeping hush about it but the guy was pretty adamant that Albert wouldn't be tagged.

I don't think they expected to get Bowe on 5/50 with 24 guaranteed though either.

Yeah I was surprised by that number too.

It did really just open up the draft for them though. That's for sure. They hit on another cb safety or dl they can really get crazy with that pick

Direckshun
03-04-2013, 10:33 PM
You can probably get Cullen Jenkins for peanuts if he gets away from the Giants. Hopefully we can land Canty, however -- he's played the 3-4 DE with Dallas and excelled.

I am lukewarm, but optimistic about Sean Smith. But now I look over that list and he's honestly the best talent available at the position on the market.

How awesome would that be, if the Chiefs landed the best CB and the best 3-4 DE on the market.

Honestly, this happened at Philly, too. Talented players just line the block to play for Andy Reid.

DTLB58
03-05-2013, 12:13 AM
I'd sign Sean Smith and Shaughnessy.

Now a 6'4" CB I can get down right excited about! :clap:

No more midgets.

Mecca
03-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Cullen Jenkins has been with GB and Philly, that one wouldn't surprise me at all.

DTLB58
03-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Seems to me that CB and DE are the remaining major needs on this team. If we can address these in free agency, I think our chances of drafting Geno are significantly increased.

Fortunately, both seem to be pretty deep positions in the free agency class....CB especially. Here's a list of free agent corners...Most of these guys would be at least an upgrade over Stanford Routt.

Aquib Talib
Brent Grimes
Sean Smith
Chris Houston
Derek Cox
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Cary Williams
EJ Biggers
Antoine Cason
Keenan Lewis
Mike Jenkins
Bradley Fletcher
Greg Toler
Jerraud Powers
Tracy Porter
Sheldon Brown
Quentin Jammer
Terance Newman
Rashean Mathis
Leodis McKelvin

Not as many 3-4 DEs, but there's a few out there that can upgrade what we have...

Michael Bennett
Osi Umenyiora
Dwight Freeney
Isreal Idonije
Matt Shaughnessy
Chris Canty
Cullen Jenkins

I'm not too familiar with our cap situation. Seems as though if you remove Cassel and Jackson's salary from the equation though, we'll still have room enough to be active in free agency. Thoughts?

ILB?

Mecca
03-05-2013, 12:19 AM
I'd like them to go sign Bart Scott personally.

saphojunkie
03-05-2013, 12:20 AM
ILB?

ILB might be the single easiest position on this team to address. The only thing easier than finding a 3-4 thumper is finding a dumbshit poster who thinks Geno Smith shouldn't be drafted until the third round, but Luke Joeckel is worth selling your cock and balls to science.

mcaj22
03-05-2013, 12:34 AM
CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher says the Eagles are interested in free agent CB Sean Smith, but at the right price.
Smith's price continues to rise, and latest reports are that he's seeking "at least" $24 million guaranteed. Philadelphia is bone dry in the secondary with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie a free agent and Nnamdi Asomugha looking at possibly getting released. After those two, there isn't much to work with.

For comparison sake, we paid Bowe 24 million guaranteed, and he actually puts up numbers unlike Sean Smith's 5 interceptions in 60 games/4 years.

Sassy Squatch
03-05-2013, 12:35 AM
I'd like them to go sign Bart Scott personally.
All but guaranteed to go to the Bills.

PA Chiefs
03-05-2013, 05:57 AM
I like the Bart Scott idea we could use a leader type on D. Also we need WR,CB,and D-line depth. So Jennings if he doesn't get a big deal would be nice on a incentive filled 1 year deal probably not likely. I don't know to much about S.Smith but I do believe he is an upgrade over our current situation. Jenkins or Canty would be nice I would really like to get Kruger if we could but I'm sure he be to rich for us. Ellerbe same goes for him.

tomahawk kid
03-05-2013, 06:25 AM
Honest question: was DRC not a good corner in Philly?

CoMoChief
03-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Honest question: was DRC not a good corner in Philly?

no

ChiefMojo
03-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Personally Talib and Jenkins/Canty. I would be 100% happy with either Jenkins or Canty. I just like Talib more than Smith and he will be cheaper.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-05-2013, 08:12 AM
We need a TE also. AS will have to have two.

OmahaChief
03-05-2013, 08:13 AM
I would think it is an almost a lock we will get a least a DE. I hope that the feeling in the league has switched back to the Chiefs being a franchise guys want to play for instead of a shithole they want to stay away from like when Pioli was here.

Reerun_KC
03-05-2013, 08:17 AM
I would think it is an almost a lock we will get a least a DE. I hope that the feeling in the league has switched back to the Chiefs being a franchise guys want to play for instead of a shithole they want to stay away from like when ***** was here.

You cant be serious with this can you?

What has changed? So far we are fielding the EXACT same team as last year. Why would anyone want to join a perinnal loser and a 2-14 team?

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-05-2013, 08:35 AM

What has changed? So far we are fielding the EXACT same team as last year. Why would anyone want to join a perinnal loser and a 2-14 team?

Ummmm. Maybe it's the fact that players actually like Andy Reid.

Don't forget to check the oil in your airplane.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2013, 09:09 AM

Are you really comparing the situation last year with a bumbling Romeo and the dictator Pioli to this one?

We actually have real coaches now and real leadership.

ChiefMojo
03-05-2013, 09:09 AM
There are players out there with Reid/Dorsey ties... they may be inclined to play for them again. Also Reid has to be a decent draw for players... plenty of success.

Fat Elvis
03-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Ummmm. Maybe it's the fact that players actually like Andy Reid.

Don't forget to check the oil in your airplane.

The players loved Romeo. The problem is that Romeo isn't a head coach.

Everyone hates Peehole. Peehole dickishness and Romeo's incompetence are what ruined the Chiefs last year.