PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFLN Rumor: Albert being shopped

Pages : [1] 2

melbar
03-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Daniel Jeremiah on NFL TA just said that there is some "talk out there" they franchised Albert to trade him. May have been speculated on other threads, but this is the first I've heard that its actually being discussed around the league. If Reid likes Joekel as much as some say, is a later first plus enough compensation for an established T with some injury concern? Then maybe QB, CB, etc mid to late? May be total B.S., but interesting...

WhitiE
03-05-2013, 06:48 PM
I won't like the pick at all, but I'll get over it

Rasputin
03-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Can we go one day and think this FO is going keep Brandon Alberts so we don't draft that Joekeloff?

Keep Geno Smith hope alive.

Dante84
03-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Don't want it to happen, but I, too, am curious what Albert's worth on the trade market.

I'd like to keep him, though.

KC kid
03-05-2013, 06:50 PM
You can't trade albert for anything less than a first. . . he is a top 12-15 left tackle in his prime

melbar
03-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Only way I see this is if Reid thinks Joekel is a huge upgrade or Albert just isn't his guy for one reason or another...

Pasta Little Brioni
03-05-2013, 06:52 PM
It's coming from the morons that mocked Jekyll to KC and are trying to save face.

Dante84
03-05-2013, 06:52 PM
You can't trade albert for anything less than a first. . . he is a top 12-15 left tackle in his prime

Well yeah, but top 10? Mid first? Late?

KCrockaholic
03-05-2013, 06:53 PM
NFLN is just making sure the public knows of all the possible options. It's just gossip talk that has no foundation.

SAUTO
03-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Again I think this is all the ego maniac Pioli.

He is the one who keeps saying Albert has a back issue that is not going away, he wanted them to draft jayckale, he told Reid to not get locked in on a qb.

It's Pioli guys
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook
03-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Lol that Daniel Jeremiah had us Taking Geno than we signed smith.

Than he had Joeckel but than we signed Albert.

Jeremiah is trying to say that so he doesn't have to be wrong again.

KC kid
03-05-2013, 06:57 PM
I thought Jeremiah and Reid were boys?

Bowser
03-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Sorry, but this just makes no sense.

We would be willing to trade a legit top ten NFL left tackle that has started at that position for five seasons for a rookie? That would be a lateral move at BEST. Doesn't make good business sense.

Now, if someone bites and you get two first rounders for him, well, that would be hard to walk away from.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Yeah, that would be a great move.

You're essentially moving back into the mid-late 1st round and getting no compensation for it.

Hope to God this is bullshit.

Bowser
03-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Again I think this is all the ego maniac *****.

He is the one who keeps saying Albert has a back issue that is not going away, he wanted them to draft jayckale, he told Reid to not get locked in on a qb.

It's ***** guys
Posted via Mobile Device

I can believe it, sadly.

Easy 6
03-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Yay lets blow a pick on a position already well filled!

SAUTO
03-05-2013, 06:59 PM
I can believe it, sadly.

I'm not kidding here. I truly believe it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
03-05-2013, 07:00 PM
"Reid likes Joekel as much as some say ..."

so who is 'some'?

i would like to know who Reid told he likes a player at this time of the year.

I mean who is Reid spilling the beans to right now, about this?

Really hard to believe.

melbar
03-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Rumor so grain of salt here, but "what if" they like someone like Wilson and believe they can get him in the 20's? Go younger at LT, and get your QB to groom.:shrug:

melbar
03-05-2013, 07:01 PM

so who is 'some'?

Really hard to believe.

Ya, every time I hear someone say this I wonder the same thing...

Rasputin
03-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Sorry, but this just makes no sense.

We would be willing to trade a legit top ten NFL left tackle that has started at that position for five seasons for a rookie? That would be a lateral move at BEST. Doesn't make good business sense.

Now, if someone bites and you get two first rounders for him, well, that would be hard to walk away from.

If any deal backfires or not go through Brandon Alberts could be sour apples to the FO. What good is it to piss off a player?

SAUTO
03-05-2013, 07:02 PM

so who is 'some'?

Really hard to believe. only person would be Pioli. He was in on the interviews.

Surely some of this was discussed
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
03-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Yeah, that would be a great move.

You're essentially moving back into the mid-late 1st round and getting no compensation for it.

Hope to God this is bullshit.

This entire offseason, all we've heard from the mouthbreathing "experts" is how we are doing nothing but targeting Luke Joeckel.

Every move Dorsey has made to this point doesn't add up as gearing to go after a left tackle. Now these "experts" are in scramble mode trying to make sense of our moves while still trying to convince us that they were always right about us taking Joeckel.

It's all crap.

Bowser
03-05-2013, 07:05 PM
If any deal backfires or not go through Brandon Alberts could be sour apples to the FO. What good is it to piss off a player?

Likely he's already pissed since they franchised him. No player wants the franchise tag.

That being said, he'll play his ass off this season if he's smart, and get himself a fat paycheck next season.

Hootie
03-05-2013, 07:06 PM
I speculated on this yesterday

their thought process?

why let an asset walk when you can franchise him and recover the assets you lost in the Alex Smith trade?

so basically they get Alex Smith for Branden Albert and still take Joeckel.

I hate it, but I figured yesterday this was an option. If they were going to take Joeckel either way at least we got a free QB out of it I guess.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2013, 07:06 PM
only person would be *****. He was in on the interviews.

Surely some of this was discussed
Posted via Mobile Device
LMAO

in 10 years, people around here are still going to be blaming 'him' for everything bad that happens.

TribalElder
03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Dorsey is doing a good job at keeping all the fucktards guessing

penbrook
03-05-2013, 07:08 PM
If Sean Smith and Canty sign who the hell do we draft.

Hoover
03-05-2013, 07:08 PM
If I'm Albert I'd gladly play on a one year deal. FA class this year is full of options. Next year, not so much.

ChiefMojo
03-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Sadly I can see how this makes sense. Princess pretty much stated my thoughts on the matter.

By trading Albert we are basically getting back our pick for Alex Smith and have his replacement selected with the #1 pick. So yes we basically bring in a starting QB for not much in the long run.

Direckshun
03-05-2013, 07:10 PM
If we've learned anything about Andy Reid rumors this offseason, it's that there's almost always fire where there's smoke. I'm convinced Reid wants Joeckel.

The good news is, I don't think anybody wants to trade a combination of high picks and have to pay Albert, when you can get a couple of the other LTs without giving up a pick or draft any of the three studs for far, far less.

penbrook
03-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Well Dorsey did say in his interview that Yes as we sit here Branden Albert will be the Starting LT heading into the offseason

Easy 6
03-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Well Dorsey did say in his interview that Yes as we sit here Branden Albert will be the Starting LT heading into the offseason

Key words: as we sit here.

Thats a perfectly vague out.

penbrook
03-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Key words: as we sit here.

Thats a perfectly vague out.

Yes but he said yesterday that he wants Albert to be signed long term by when training camp starts.

Direckshun
03-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Countdown to Albert becoming a Raven..............

We'll get the last pick in round 1, and maybe something like an extra third this year and a third next year.

Nightfyre
03-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Sadly I can see how this makes sense. Princess pretty much stated my thoughts on the matter.

By trading Albert we are basically getting back our pick for Alex Smith and have his replacement selected with the #1 pick. So yes we basically bring in a starting QB for not much in the long run.

So we traded the number one pick plus a second next year for Alex Smith? Brilliant.

Hoover
03-05-2013, 07:19 PM

We'll get the last pick in round 1, and maybe something like an extra third this year and a third next year.
could be worse.

Bowser
03-05-2013, 07:20 PM
LMAO

Stop it. Just becasue some prognosticator is thinking shit up doesn't mean it will happen.

The only way it DOES make sense is if we get a king's ransom for Albert under the tag rules, and even then it's debateable. Clay put up some great stats on Albert some time back showing his worth in the NFL. We're not going to let him go in favor of some kid coming out of college that hasn't played a down in the league yet.

SAUTO
03-05-2013, 07:21 PM
LMAO

in 10 years, people around here are still going to be blaming 'him' for everything bad that happens. well what does that have to do with today?

Pioli has only been gone a little while.

Call me on it in a year if I'm still saying things like this.

I won't be
Posted via Mobile Device

KurtCobain
03-05-2013, 07:22 PM

Cool. Late first we get our secondary help, find defensive line help and a couple of weapons for Alex with our 3 third rounders, and take a future Hall of Famer Fisher with the first overall.

Then in thirteen years we'll all say, we love Fisher! He has provided excellent protection for Alex Smith, Landry Jones, Jay Cutler, Andy Dalton and now Colin Kaepernick!

RunKC
03-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Great business if you can get a first round pick out it.

A few teams in the 15-32 area will want a LT. If we can get their first round pick in a deep draft that would be great.

KC_Lee
03-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Daniel Jeremiah on NFL TA just said that there is some "talk out there" they franchised Albert to trade him. May have been speculated on other threads, but this is the first I've heard that its actually being discussed around the league. If Reid likes Joekel as much as some say, is a later first plus enough compensation for an established T with some injury concern? Then maybe QB, CB, etc mid to late? May be total B.S., but interesting...

Translation: OH PLEASE KC!! TRADE ALBERT SO WE DON'T HAVE TO REDO OUR MOCK DRAFTS!!! WE JUST CANNOT FATHOM KC TAKING A QB OR ANY OTHER SKILL PLAYER EVER!!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2013, 07:27 PM
It's better than losing him for the compensatory pick, but it would still be moronic as fuck.

Say we trade Albert and get an equivalent pick back to the one we sent off for Smith.

The teams would net the following:

SF gets: Darrelle Revis, loses Alex Smith
Kansas City gets: Alex Smith, loses Branden Albert
NYJ get: 2nd round pick, loses Darrelle Revis
Arizona: Gets Branden Albert, loses 2nd round pick

We theoretically keep our picks but trade Albert for Smith. Egads.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2013, 07:30 PM
I imagine there is all of 6, maybe 7, people in the entire world that know what the Chiefs really think about Joeckel.

Owner - Clark Hunt(maybe)
GM - John Dorsey
Assist GM – Joel Collier
Head Coach - Andy Reid
Director of Football Admin - Trip MacCracken
Offensive Coordinator - Doug Pederson
Offensive Line - Andy Heck

scouts know their reports but i doubt they are involved much after that

Millions at stake, jobs at stake ... so i doubt Reid goes around telling his barber his opinions

Hootie
03-05-2013, 07:32 PM

you're off your rocker

we aren't getting a 1st, 3rd and 3rd for Albert

we may get a high 2nd...or like two 3rds

KurtCobain
03-05-2013, 07:33 PM
a pretty good left tackle with a back problem for a pretty good quarterback? K.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Albert is a better tackle than Alex Smith is a QB. Imo.

Bowser
03-05-2013, 07:36 PM

I'm thinking the Chiefs wouldn't have franchised him if he hadn't passed his physicals.

The Franchise
03-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Which is the better way to protect your newly acquired veteran QB?

A. A veteran LT with 5 years of experience who will be playing to prove he's worthy of a long term contract.

B. A rookie LT from a spread offense who protected a mobile QB and has no NFL experience.

Easy 6
03-05-2013, 07:43 PM

A. A veteran LT with 5 years of experience who will be playing to prove he's worthy of a long term contract.

B. A rookie LT from a spread offense who protected a mobile QB and has no NFL experience.

Exactly.

kysirsoze
03-05-2013, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they're entertaining offers. They have the #1 pick and a lot of ways they could go with it. That said, I don't think it would happen.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Those guys are fucking crazy! Who knows what they'll do at #1. We better get in an offer...

Marcellus
03-05-2013, 07:49 PM
It was reported by ESPN this morning that they were working on a long term contract.
Everyone is full of shit.

ChiefsCountry
03-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Bears would be the team that would make sense especially with Emery as their GM. #20 pick would put you in the Tavon Austin and the other WR's range.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-05-2013, 07:54 PM
The Alex Smith deal is farce that they can be had(screwed). Better get in an offer..

ILChief
03-05-2013, 07:59 PM
If Sean Smith and Canty sign who the hell do we draft.

G
E
N
O

bigbucks24
03-05-2013, 08:01 PM
It was reported by ESPN this morning that they were working on a long term contract.
Everyone is full of shit.

When talking heads say KC is looking at trading Albert, they are idiots making stuff up. When they say KC is working on signing Albert long term, we should listen to them?

MotherfuckerJones
GENO GENO IS HIS NAME O!

NJChiefsFan
Great business if you can get a first round pick out it.

A few teams in the 15-32 area will want a LT. If we can get their first round pick in a deep draft that would be great.

You think it's great business to trade Albert and use a 1st on a LT? You would then have a LT and late first out of the deal. Meanwhile, if you keep Albert you have a LT and a 1st overall pick. Not sure why it's great business.

penbrook
G
E
N
O

First time ever in NFL history where a #1 sits the bench.

BigRedChief
03-05-2013, 08:02 PM
They may be doing it all. Shopping Albert, talking long term deal, preparing for Joekel. They are putting their stamp on the team and seeing what brings the best value to get to where they want this team to look like as a finished product.

Fat Elvis
03-05-2013, 08:05 PM
I'd shop him too. Who knows what you could get? Maybe some team wants to give us a high 1 this year and another 1 next year, along with a pro bowl ILB, CB, and safety.....(not happening, for those who can't tell)

Can't hurt to see what is offered. He is ours. We can do what we want and would be foolish not to see if other teams are really foolish.

MotherfuckerJones
Theyre covering all theyre bases. Besides if you think about it. Would you rather spend 60 mil on your LT, or spend 20 mil on a good rookie LT and sign a few impact FAs? Myself i just keep Albert

penbrook
They may be doing it all. Shopping Albert, talking long term deal, preparing for Joekel. They are putting their stamp on the team and seeing what brings the best value to get to where they want this team to look like as a finished product.

They are not shopping Albert. Daniel Jeremiah said that and only him.

He mocked Geno to us than Alex signed.

He mocked Joeckel to us than Albert was tagged.

Dude is hoping and praying.

HotCarl
03-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Get a mid/late 1st for Albert, take Joeckel #1, and pick up the future QB. I could get behind that.

ChiefsCountry
03-05-2013, 08:08 PM

Carson Palmer says hi.

SAUTO

Link
Posted via Mobile Device

melbar
What does it hurt to float a little soft rumor and see if someone offers a couple of picks? I wouldn't put that past them. Does no harm if it cant be proved, but if someone makes a call with a nice offer that puts you in a stronger position you can pull the trigger.

penbrook
03-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Link
Posted via Mobile Device

I meant his rookie year

MMXcalibur
Get a mid/late 1st for Albert, take Joeckel #1, and pick up the future QB. I could get behind that.

I can get behind this.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
History repeats it's self. Listen to penbook.

Marco Polo
03-05-2013, 08:11 PM

:facepalm: :Lin:

SAUTO
03-05-2013, 08:12 PM
I meant his rookie year

Link?
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
03-05-2013, 08:12 PM
I meant his rookie year

Carson Palmer for the second time.

notorious
03-05-2013, 08:13 PM
It's coming from the morons that mocked Jekyll to KC and are trying to save face.

Yep.

A few in the media dont' have a fucking clue. ESPN radio during the day are actually pretty good about their takes, now. They said all day that they really don't know what KC will do now that they have Albert signed.

RunKC
03-05-2013, 08:13 PM
You think it's great business to trade Albert and use a 1st on a LT? You would then have a LT and late first out of the deal. Meanwhile, if you keep Albert you have a LT and a 1st overall pick. Not sure why it's great business.

Logic= Very good LT who is 7 years younger for much less money to get FA's/signing next years FA's + getting another 1st round pick to fill another need in a DEEP draft, ultimately replacing the pick you lost.

They don't think a QB is worth it and this is a very good plan.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2013, 08:14 PM
I've always said this is the dumbest fanbase in the NFL, some of the comments in this thread have proven it.

For sake of conversation, let's use the Bears pick at 20. Albert for 20, straight up.

We use the 1st overall pick to replace him.

So we've not improved the team at all, and given up 19 spots in the 1st round to do so.

Yeah, great fucking move.

notorious
03-05-2013, 08:14 PM

Why not pick a QB at #1 and keep Albert?

Or use the #1 pick for QB and a mid-first to draft another left tackle since the draft is so deep for O line.

NJChiefsFan
03-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Logic= Very good LT who is 7 years younger for much less money to get FA's/signing next years FA's + getting another 1st round pick to fill another need in a DEEP draft, ultimately replacing the pick you lost.

They don't think a QB is worth it and this is a very good plan.

Using a pick to replace a guy you just traded away for a pick(15 plus spots lower) does not equal replacing the pick you lost.

HotCarl
I've always said this is the dumbest fanbase in the NFL, some of the comments in this thread have proven it.

For sake of conversation, let's use the Bears pick at 20. Albert for 20, straight up.

So we've not improved the team at all, and given up 19 spots in the 1st round to do so.

Yeah, great ****ing move.

We got 6 years younger, healthier, and went up in potential at LT.

We also got a 1st round QB prospect.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
Rookie QBs are to risky. Rookie LTs are just right.

Bowser
03-05-2013, 08:16 PM

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/ryancorven/FAN%20Network/PicardDoubleFacepalm.gif

notorious
03-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Rookie QBs are to risky. Rookie LTs are just right.

LMAO

I love how the assholes pass this garbage off as gospel.

Bowser
03-05-2013, 08:18 PM

Yeah, great fucking move.

It's almost beyond comprehension.

HotCarl
03-05-2013, 08:19 PM

No more so than your obsession with someone who didn't win games at the college level against top competition

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2013, 08:19 PM
We got 6 years younger, <del>healthier, and went up in potential at LT.</del>

We also got <del>a 1st round</del> the 3rd, 4th or 5th best QB prospect.

Fixed.

notorious
03-05-2013, 08:20 PM

I am never surprised by how retarded a Truefan can be.

SAUTO
No more so than your obsession with someone who didn't win games at the college level against top competition

Come on man.use some common sense here.the defense was horrible
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser

This is a god awful attempt at trolling.

notorious
Come on man.use some common sense here.the defense was horrible
Posted via Mobile Device

Are you. having. fat finger. issues?

SAUTO
03-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Are you. having. fat finger. issues?

No idea what happened there. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Frosty
03-05-2013, 08:21 PM

Yeah, great ****ing move.

The only way I do something like this is if I thought Stephenson or Allen could take over the LT position full time (or sign a vet in FA; very unlikely). Then I get two 1st round picks to fill other holes.

SAUTO
03-05-2013, 08:22 PM
This is a god awful attempt at trolling.

I think he believes in what he says
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane

Alex Smith.

Spent half his career on the bench

penbrook
Our O line believe or not is a strength.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2013, 08:23 PM
The only way I do something like this is if I thought Stephenson or Allen could take over the LT position full time (or sign a vet in FA; very unlikely). Then I get two 1st round picks to fill other holes.

Exactly.

If you use the 1st overall pick to replace a Top 8 LT, you're basically moving back for free.

Frosty
We got 6 years younger, healthier, and went up in potential at LT.

We also got a 1st round QB prospect.

Robert Gallery and Jason Smith say screw your potential.

BigRedChief
It's almost beyond comprehension.well its good thing that its BS.

notorious
03-05-2013, 08:24 PM
I think he believes in what he says
Posted via Mobile Device

Sigh.

We need to thin the herd. Natural selection does not occur in football.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Robert Gallery and Jason Smith say screw your potential.

If the guy was a Orlando Pace/Jon Ogden type of player, I might be able to get behind a move like this.

Joeckel's not even the best player at his position in a very average tackle class.

SAUTO
03-05-2013, 08:26 PM
If the guy was a Orlando Pace/Jon Ogden type of player, I might be able to get behind a move like this.

Joeckel's not even the best player at his position in this class. Mel has even dropped him down the list. Lol

Manti then jackyll...

Lol Mel
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
03-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Mel has even dropped him down the list. Lol

Manti then jackyll...

Lol Mel
Posted via Mobile Device

Mel "CoMo" Kiper

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Joker would get Smith killed, so there is a bright side. Albert would keep Geno from running, so there is a down side.

RealSNR
03-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Does St Louis have their fucking LT yet? They've drafted a shit ton of those guys over the years yet Bradford is always injured.

I MIGHT consider an Albert trade for their two first round picks. And... we can give them something in return like McCluster or Cassel.

No way in fucking hell a team like the Rams would do that shit.

So no deal. We keep Albert, and all the Carl disciples who love it when the Chiefs trade their good players to other teams get a visit from the Rape Fairy

Mecca
03-05-2013, 08:34 PM
I don't really get the Joeckel hype, he is Jon Tait.

ChiefsCountry
03-05-2013, 08:36 PM

Well think how much people loved John Tait here.

Fat Elvis
03-05-2013, 08:37 PM

STFD and STFU

Mecca
03-05-2013, 08:38 PM

He after all did sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Why not pick a QB at #1 and keep Albert?

Or use the #1 pick for QB and a mid-first to draft another left tackle since the draft is so deep for O line.
and if that QB they get from the Albert pick is Geno Smith?

HotCarl
03-05-2013, 08:44 PM

Oakland will take him I bet, he seems like that kind of selection.

We could still find a developmental prospect though. That's all we need, given that we have at least a two year commitment to Alex Smith, probably more.

RealSNR
03-05-2013, 08:48 PM
I almost don't care about drafting Geno to do all those nice happy things at the QB positions that winning teams do all the time.

At this point I just want to see him drafted to see how much period blood HotCarl, RunKC, and Dane can generate.

gblowfish
03-05-2013, 08:51 PM

John Tait is the largest mormon I've ever seen.

HotCarl
03-05-2013, 08:52 PM
I almost don't care about drafting Geno to do all those nice happy things at the QB positions that winning teams do all the time.

At this point I just want to see him drafted to see how much period blood HotCarl, RunKC, and Dane can generate.

I wouldn't hold your breath. They obviously aren't high on him or they wouldn't have traded such a hefty amount of draft value for Alex Smith.

But if they chose to draft him, I would feel ambivalent, just like with Alex Smith. I like the idea of bringing Smith in, but the price was way too high. I wouldn't mind Geno as a developmental prospect, but #1 is about double what he'd be worth in draft value most years. He had a losing record in a down Big 12, why would we expect him to just start wining games in the NFL? Makes no sense.

Unlike you guys who are going to run off to be Raiders fans when they pick him, I'm Chiefs until I die, whether they pick who I think they should or not.

notorious
03-05-2013, 08:55 PM

He won't last that long.

SAUTO
03-05-2013, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath. They obviously aren't high on him or they wouldn't have traded such a hefty amount of draft value for Alex Smith.

But if they chose to draft him, I would feel ambivalent, just like with Alex Smith. I like the idea of bringing Smith in, but the price was way too high. I wouldn't mind Geno as a developmental prospect, but #1 is about double what he'd be worth in draft value most years. He had a losing record in a down Big 12, why would we expect him to just start wining games in the NFL? Makes no sense.

Unlike you guys who are going to run off to be Raiders fans when they pick him, I'm Chiefs until I die, whether they pick who I think they should or not.I'm sure glad ELWAY won all those games in college
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-05-2013, 09:01 PM
I'd shop him too. Who knows what you could get? Maybe some team wants to give us a high 1 this year and another 1 next year, along with a pro bowl ILB, CB, and safety.....(not happening, for those who can't tell)

Can't hurt to see what is offered. He is ours. We can do what we want and would be foolish not to see if other teams are really foolish.

I think we've firmly established which franchise can be played for a fool.
Posted via Mobile Device

HotCarl
03-05-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm sure glad ELWAY won all those games in college
Posted via Mobile Device

You know who else people fell in love with? Jay Cutler. Cutler always had elite physical skills. Had footwork issues people assumed would improve with coaching. Didn't win games against top competition in college. People said oh, it's because he was at Vandy, he didn't have any help on that team - but nope, that wasn't it.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2013, 09:05 PM
You know who else people fell in love with? Jay Cutler. Cutler always had elite physical skills. Had footwork issues people assumed would improve with coaching. Didn't win games against top competition in college. People said oh, it's because he was at Vandy, he didn't have any help on that team - but nope, that wasn't it.

That's nice and all, but it has nothing to do with John Elway.

RealSNR
03-05-2013, 09:06 PM

Unlike you guys who are going to run off to be Raiders fans when they pick him, I'm Chiefs until I die, whether they pick who I think they should or not.
Let's never ever draft players from teams who lose games in college.

We should just build a superteam of Colt McCoy, Chance Warmack, and all the players from that one Division III school that wins the national championship every year.

bowener
03-05-2013, 09:08 PM
I could see the Dolphins giving us their pick @ 1.12.

HotCarl
03-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Let's never ever draft players from teams who lose games in college.

We should just build a superteam of Colt McCoy, Chance Warmack, and all the players from that one Division III school that wins the national championship every year.

How about, when talking about QBs - since they are the team's leader after all, we just consider their record against teams that aren't garbage. Piling up stats against UConn isn't going to tell us very much.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2013, 09:12 PM
He won't last that long.

well it's good to know that all the experts on CPlanet know exactly who is going to draft who.

Chiefs should just hire you

bowener
So I used google to try and see where Albert lives and came across this website. (http://www.talk-sports.net/nfl/girlfriend.aspx/Branden_Albert)

Anonymous (Rookie) wrote on Mon, 18 Apr 2011 07:11:25 GMT reply
Dumb as a hell. Small package, big breast and no stamina...

BossChief

The White Okung.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-05-2013, 09:13 PM

Ohhh, deep and plentiful it will be. Can you really blame the media for beating the "fucktard at one"-drum every year! KC IS that kind of stupid on a consistent basis.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-05-2013, 09:16 PM

Translation: More BBQ, cheap beer, classic rock, and tailgate please!
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
03-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Exactly.

If you use the 1st overall pick to replace a Top 8 LT, you're basically moving back for free.

They aren't gonna do that.

A few weeks back there was the rumor that the Chiefs want to extend BOTH ALBERT AND BOWE...they got a deal done with Bowe and tagged Albert while stating that they are gonna continue to work out a long term deal with him.

I think they want to move down and think the best way to do so is to build up the value of a player many saw as an elite prospect....I don't believe for a second that Dorsey and Reid ever liked Joeckel better than Albert...Reid wanted Albert in that draft.

Would they like to trade down and come out with multiple premium picks AND Albert or Joeckel? Sure they would...but that's improbable at this point because of supply and demand.

Sassy Squatch
03-05-2013, 09:22 PM
So I used google to try and see where Albert lives and came across this website. (http://www.talk-sports.net/nfl/girlfriend.aspx/Branden_Albert)
JFC. No one on that website has the right to call anyone else dumb.

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Ohhh, deep and plentiful it will be. Can you really blame the media for beating the "fucktard at one"-drum every year! KC IS that kind of stupid on a consistent basis.
Posted via Mobile Device

They're rarely as stupid as you.

notorious
03-05-2013, 09:24 PM
well it's good to know that all the experts on CPlanet know exactly who is going to draft who.

Chiefs should just hire you

I will me surprised if Geno drops to the mid-first round.

Is that better? JFC, I am not an expert. It's just my opinion.

Are you letting people get into your head?

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 09:26 PM

You've already spilt enough to fill the Los Angeles basin these past few days, making it virtually impossible for anyone to compete.

Simplicity
03-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Okay what about this for us GENO SMITH hope-ees. We trade Albert for a #1 pick. Now we draft Joekel and possibly Geno...

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Okay what about this for us GENO SMITH hope-ees. We trade Albert for a #1 pick. Now we draft Joekel and possibly Geno...

How about this?

Shut the fuck up.

TimeForWasp
03-05-2013, 09:33 PM

You are a leader.

RealSNR
03-05-2013, 09:36 PM
You've already spilt enough to fill the Los Angeles basin these past few days, making it virtually impossible for anyone to compete.

Past few days? Pshaw. My crusade ended a few weeks ago. I hope Dorsey takes Geno, but if he trades down instead, I just hope he rapes somebody and takes good players that we need.

Note I said "that we need." We don't need Lane Johnson, Fisher, or Joeckfuck.

I have noticed that YOU have been particularly ornery and edgy when it comes to Geno the past couple days, though. I know you've never threatened to stop rooting for the Chiefs, but I imagine if they did take him at #1, that would piss you off, yeah?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-05-2013, 09:37 PM
I'd rather them not trade him...but if they did, trade him to the Eagles for their 2nd rnd pick plus Foles.

RunKC
03-05-2013, 09:37 PM

Put your money where your mouth is and accept my bet!

RealSNR
03-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Put your money where your mouth is and accept my bet!

Okay. Then you can make me a roast beef sandwich and go fuck yourself.

RunKC
03-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Okay. Then you can make me a roast beef sandwich and go **** yourself.

Deal is:

We draft Geno Smith, you win. We don't draft Geno Smith, I win.

Loser doesn't post from the end of the draft until the first day of training camp.

RealSNR
03-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Deal is:

We draft Geno Smith, you win. We don't draft Geno Smith, I win.

Loser doesn't post from the end of the draft until the first day of training camp.

If you've been paying attention (you haven't, but what else is new?) I'm fairly pessimistic on the chances that the Chiefs draft Geno.

It is my opinion that the Chiefs SHOULD draft Geno. That doesn't mean I think they well. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say 10%. I'm almost positive that Dorsey has a trade down partner all lined up.

I don't make bets where I have a 10% chance of winning, I don't make bets that involve leaving the Planet for a period of time, and I especially don't make them with pukes like you.

KCWolfman
03-05-2013, 09:45 PM
The organization would be stupid not to try every available trade avenue. They would be even more stupid to jump at anything raised from the possibility without severe and strict review of all possible outcomes.

Red Dawg
03-05-2013, 09:49 PM
KC is going to trade down and draft Millner. Bank on it. We need that kid like a fat kid needs cake.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2013, 09:53 PM
I will me surprised if Geno drops to the mid-first round.

Is that better? JFC, I am not an expert. It's just my opinion.

Are you letting people get into your head?
nobody is getting in my head

It's just the same thing around here every draft. People rant and rave and just swear they can name 15 players who will NEVER,EVER fall out of the top 10.

every draft

Lex Luthor
03-05-2013, 09:58 PM

If only the Chiefs had the #3 overall pick or the #10 overall pick or whatever pick you idiots think Geno Smith is "worth". It sure sucks to have the #1 overall pick and not be able to take the #1 quarterback because Mel Kiper says so and the sheeple believe him.

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 10:03 PM
I have noticed that YOU have been particularly ornery and edgy when it comes to Geno the past couple days, though. I know you've never threatened to stop rooting for the Chiefs, but I imagine if they did take him at #1, that would piss you off, yeah?

Piss me off? Nah. Ribbing you guys has all been in good fun. Actually, it's been a blast because you've all been so convinced, even after his poor showing against K-State, the Pinstripe Bowl and his decidedly not game-changing Combine, that he was STILL the man, it's been even more fun to give you all shit.

:D

It's nothing personal. I haven't sent negative rep or nasty PM's or any of the kind of stuff I *might* do from time to time to real assholes.

If they take him, I'm good with it. I trust Andy Reid, at this point, more than the past three Chiefs head coaches combined when it comes to QB evaluations.

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 10:05 PM
If only the Chiefs had the #3 overall pick or the #10 overall pick or whatever pick you idiots think Geno Smith is "worth". It sure sucks to have the #1 overall pick and not be able to take the #1 quarterback because Mel Kiper says so and the sheeple believe him.

So, you believe he should be the #1 overall pick?

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 10:06 PM
nobody is getting in my head

It's just the same thing around here every draft. People rant and rave and just swear they can name 15 players who will NEVER,EVER fall out of the top 10.

every draft

And conversely, there are guys that should have been drafted in the Top 10, that aren't.

It's difficult for fans when they don't have the same information as the NFL clubs, especially the interviews, psych and IQ tests.

RealSNR
03-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Piss me off? Nah. Ribbing you guys has all been in good fun. Actually, it's been a blast because you've all been so convinced, even after his poor showing against K-State, the Pinstripe Bowl and his decidedly not game-changing Combine, that he was STILL the man, it's been even more fun to give you all shit.

It's nothing personal. I haven't sent negative rep or nasty PM's or any of the kind of stuff I *might* do from time to time to real assholes.

If they take him, I'm good with it. I trust Andy Reid, at this point, more than the past three Chiefs head coaches combined when it comes to QB evaluations.

That's cool.

Gotta admit, though, if you believe that Geno Smith possesses the slightest potential to be a truly great NFL QB (I think he does), then the Chiefs situation of sitting behind Alex Smith for 1-2 years + Andy Reid + our offensive line, Jamaal Charles, and Dwayne Bowe is possibly the best way in the entire NFL to get him to play to his greatest.

If Geno can't be a great QB behind THAT, then he shouldn't be drafted at all. By any NFL team. And I find it pretty unlikely that he'd be that terrible. It's not like he's a giant piece of shit like Brock Osweiler or Tyler Wilson

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 10:22 PM
That's cool.

Gotta admit, though, if you believe that Geno Smith possesses the slightest potential to be a truly great NFL QB (I think he does), then the Chiefs situation of sitting behind Alex Smith for 1-2 years + Andy Reid + our offensive line, Jamaal Charles, and Dwayne Bowe is possibly the best way in the entire NFL to get him to play to his greatest.

If Geno can't be a great QB behind THAT, then he shouldn't be drafted at all. By any NFL team. And I find it pretty unlikely that he'd be that terrible. It's not like he's a giant piece of shit like Brock Osweiler or Tyler Wilson

I don't. And it's not because I don't believe in potential, it's that so many people say it won't happen with this guy. And when I've watched him, I haven't seen "It".

As I mentioned just a few minutes ago, there was a segment on him this morning on NFL AM. What it came down to is that the people in studio (3 guys and a host) said he has no personality, he's not a leader (let alone, vocal) and had issues anytime there was "weather".

Now, from my perspective, that doesn't mean he can't overcome some or all of those issues. But, that doesn't mean he should be drafted #1 overall because if he doesn't, you've wasted an opportunity to further upgrade the talent on your team. And at #1 overall, you're supposed to get a consistent Pro Bowler, if not a Hall of Famer.

Does anyone in their right mind look at Geno Smith and see "Hall of Fame" someday?

The Franchise
03-05-2013, 10:24 PM
I don't. And it's not because I don't believe in potential, it's that so many people say it won't happen with this guy. And when I've watched him, I haven't seen "It".

As I mentioned just a few minutes ago, there was a segment on him this morning on NFL AM. What it came down to is that the people in studio (3 guys and a host) said he has no personality, he's not a leader (let alone, vocal) and had issues anytime there was "weather".

Now, from my perspective, that doesn't mean he can't overcome some or all of those issues. But, that doesn't mean he should be drafted #1 overall because if he doesn't, you've wasted an opportunity to further upgrade the talent on your team. And at #1 overall, you're supposed to get a consistent Pro Bowler, if not a Hall of Famer.

Does anyone in their right mind look at Geno Smith and see "Hall of Fame" someday?

Can you say that for any of these guys?

O.city
03-05-2013, 10:26 PM

No, and thats the problem with this draft. I don't see anyone with that potential at 1.

Shitty year for us indeed.

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 10:29 PM

Are you asking about QB's specifically or anyone that's projected Top Ten?

The Franchise
03-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Are you asking about QB's specifically or anyone that's projected Top Ten?

Anyone.

O.city
03-05-2013, 10:32 PM
We sucked ass in the absolute worse year to suck ass. Typical Chiefs.

RealSNR
03-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Who are the Pro Bowlers in this draft? Don't care about positional value or whether or not they would be worth #1 overall.

I'm not convinced on anybody. Not even the offensive linemen. Joeckel has a LOT to prove at the next stage. I'm not comfortable with him at #1 because I have doubts if it's likely he'll be equally as good as Albert or better. Same goes for Fisher and Johnson.

See? Whether it's Dion Jordan, Dee Milliner, or Cordarelle Patterson, teams are drafting purely for potential this year.

Which is why I'd rather draft a potential-laden QB at #1. Because positional value in the year 2013 trumps everything else. It's just that kind of year.

RealSNR
03-05-2013, 10:37 PM

Thanks for your input, TEX. Now shut up.

O.city
03-05-2013, 10:40 PM
The "gotta have a QB etc" drum has been hit so hard around here, people seem to forget that there are other aspects to the game that need to be approached.

saphojunkie
03-05-2013, 10:43 PM
The "gotta have a QB etc" drum has been hit so hard around here, people seem to forget that there are other aspects to the game that need to be approached.

No there aren't.

RunKC
03-05-2013, 10:45 PM
If you've been paying attention (you haven't, but what else is new?) I'm fairly pessimistic on the chances that the Chiefs draft Geno.

It is my opinion that the Chiefs SHOULD draft Geno. That doesn't mean I think they well. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say 10%. I'm almost positive that Dorsey has a trade down partner all lined up.

I don't make bets where I have a 10% chance of winning, I don't make bets that involve leaving the Planet for a period of time, and I especially don't make them with pukes like you.

At least you have come to your senses unlike a lot of the board.

O.city
03-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Before I get bombarded, yes you have to have good-great Qb play to win in the NFL. I believe DJ brought it up but it's getting to a point now, where there are the obvious elites, then there are a bunch of guys that can beat them, because there isn't the huge gap there used to be.

You have to have a Qb that can make plays when asked too.

Fat Elvis
03-05-2013, 10:46 PM

Well, when your new offense is predicated on throwing 38 times/game on average, you really do "gotta have a QB." People seem to forget that QB play is the reason why we have the #1 pick in the draft.

RealSNR
03-05-2013, 10:47 PM
At least you have come to your senses unlike a lot of the board.

You're like fucking Joseph McCarthy ROFL

THE GENO COMMUNISTS ARE OUT THERE I TELL YA! THEY'RE IN OUR SCHOOLS, CHURCHES, AND COMMUNITIES!

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Well, when your new offense is predicated on throwing 38 times/game on average, you really do "gotta have a QB." People seem to forget that QB play is the reason why we have the #1 pick in the draft.

QB play is only part of the reason why the Chiefs have the #1 overall pick.

Coaching, scheme and leadership are the biggest part.

RunKC
03-05-2013, 10:48 PM

I have faith that Dorsey will get us a good football player for a long time. He's done a great job so far.

O.city
03-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Yeah, we had the absolute worse Qb situation in the NFL last year. No doubt.

But we also had the worse coaching/ front office situation in the NFL, likely by a wider margin than QB play.

RunKC
03-05-2013, 10:49 PM
You're like ****ing Joseph McCarthy ROFL

THE GENO COMMUNISTS ARE OUT THERE I TELL YA! THEY'RE IN OUR SCHOOLS, CHURCHES, AND COMMUNITIES!

More like Mormon's. Spewing the same crap over and over every day.

O.city
I have faith that Dorsey will get us a good football player for a long time. He's done a great job so far.

I know you do. Based on your posting over the last month or so, it's apparent.

Fat Elvis

Not unless Clowney makes an appeal to come out this year.....

O.city
03-05-2013, 10:50 PM
RunKC, you might want to take Wilson out of your pic there. Stop supporting the Ricky Stanzi's of this years draft.

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 10:50 PM

No, it's sucks from top to bottom in the first round as far as elite talent and potential Hall of Famers.

O.city
03-05-2013, 10:52 PM
If you switched this year and last year, we would be in a great spot.

Say we sucked shit last year, could have had RGIII or Luck. Then 7-9 this year, in a great spot for drafting depth and good solid football players.

Oh well.

RunKC
03-05-2013, 10:52 PM
I know you do. Based on your posting over the last month or so, it's apparent.

After yesterdays events, you should be on board the Dorsey/Reid train full force!

Very few impact FA's and draft picks have been seen here in a long time. Can't wait to see that change for the better.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-05-2013, 11:02 PM
They're rarely as stupid as you.

Boy, ol' Cunt McCunt sure is cunty as of late! Listen sweetie, because I love you I'm going to give it to you straight: this change you've undergone is NOT one for the better. I usually refrain from dispensing advice, but in your special case drastic measures are needed so here goes:
a) Bang the old lady
b) Kick the dog, or
c) Piss up a tree for fun

Good, fast, or cheap, motherfucker; pick one.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Boy, ol' Cunt McCunt sure is cunty as of late! Listen sweetie, because I love you I'm going to give it to you straight: this change you've undergone is NOT one for the better. I usually refrain from dispensing advice, but in your special case drastic measures are needed so here goes:
a) Bang the old lady
b) Kick the dog, or
c) Piss up a tree for fun

Good, fast, or cheap, motherfucker; pick one.
Posted via Mobile Device

a) I would if I could
b) Never
c) Palm trees don't like my urine

You and everyone else is screwed.

O.city
03-05-2013, 11:08 PM
I don't see how tagging and trading Albert at this point, fits into what is seemingly their plan that they are good enough to win now.

nychief
03-05-2013, 11:10 PM
I don't see how tagging and trading Albert at this point, fits into what is seemingly their plan that they are good enough to win now.

I think this is a bogus "rumor." But, it only makes sense if they think Joukel is a/going to be a top 5 LT.

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 11:10 PM

If the Chiefs traded Albert, they could take Yokel or Fisher at #1 overall, take a WR or TE with the Albert trade, or trade back with both picks, take Lane Johnson, etc.

It would open up a myriad of choices. But that said, I think there's a 1% chance that Albert is traded before the draft.

Mav
03-05-2013, 11:11 PM

options. If they cant get brendan albert to sign for what they think he is worth, then you try to trade him to someone who will.

He is 28 years old, if there is an legitamacy to him having back issues, then trading him to recoup picks, and then drafting a replacement who is 7 years younger, is smart business. you get younger, and he will cost less.

O.city
03-05-2013, 11:13 PM
If the Chiefs traded Albert, they could take Yokel or Fisher at #1 overall, take a WR or TE with the Albert trade, or trade back with both picks, take Lane Johnson, etc.

It would open up a myriad of choices. But that said, I think there's a 1% chance that Albert is traded before the draft.

Sure they could. But like I said, I'm not sure having a rookie LT would be the best option for what they are seemingly trying to do.

I still think they end up trading back out of the first pick for peanuts. Maybe a 2 and a 3 rounder at best at this point and taking either Milliner or a DL guy there, but it's kind of pointless to project until after free agency. IF they come away from it with another starting CB and/or a DL guy, I don't know what the hell they do.

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 11:13 PM
options. If they cant get brendan albert to sign for what they think he is worth, then you try to trade him to someone who will.

He is 28 years old, if there is an legitamacy to him having back issues, then trading him to recoup picks, and then drafting a replacement who is 7 years younger, is smart business. you get younger, and he will cost less.

On the other hand, Albert and his agent are really taking a risk that Long and Smith accept contracts far beyond the market value set by Duane Brown in August 2012.

It's a game of chicken and my bet is on the Chiefs to win.

O.city
03-05-2013, 11:14 PM
On the other hand, Albert and his agent are really taking a risk that Long and Smith accept contracts far beyond the market value set by Duane Brown in August 2012.

First, they aren't as good as Brown, but every year contracts go up. Hell, Brown isn't even a top 5 paid LT at this point I don't think.

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Sure they could. But like I said, I'm not sure having a rookie LT would be the best option for what they are seemingly trying to do.

It's not out of the realm of possiblity that the #1 over left tackle starts Day One and dominates. Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Brandon Albert, Duane Brown and many other rookies have made an immediate impact and played well.

IMO, it's on Albert and his agent to make this happen. If not, he'll be replaced. If not this year, next year.

O.city
03-05-2013, 11:17 PM
It's not out of the realm of possiblity that the #1 over left tackle starts Day One and dominates. Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Brandon Albert, Duane Brown and many other rookies have made an immediate impact and played well.

IMO, it's on Albert and his agent to make this happen. If not, he'll be replaced. If not this year, next year.

Sure, but you also have to look at our OL as a whole. Albert at this point is pretty much the leader up there.

You would have a rookie LT, 2nd year LG, and a 2nd year C.

Some of those guys you mentioned are elite LTs. I'm not sure the guys in this class are at that polished level quite yet.

Mav
03-05-2013, 11:25 PM

well they will win. dorsey is from the ted thompson line of thinking. they arent going to pay more than they think hes worth, especially with a cheaper younger verison. The chiefs hold all the power.

BossChief
03-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Brandon Albert gave up one sack last year. That's with Cassel and Quinn back there, too.

Would Joeckel have fared any better?

It all comes back to the question .... If Joeckel were a rookie that showed upper echelon ability and Brandon Albert only gave up one sack the same year, would you trade Ablert AND THE FIRST OVERALL PICK to trade for Joeckel?

If you say yes, your and idiot.

O.city
03-05-2013, 11:28 PM
I think Albert is a top 10 LT in the league. I don't think there is much difference in terms of W's and L's between a top 10 guy and a top 5 guy. So no, I'm not making that upgrade based solely on position value.

However, if there are more picks, less money etc, and I can upgrade its a different situation.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-05-2013, 11:45 PM
How funny is it that a fan base which places practically a Holy Trinity on the motherfucking O-line has NOOO problem with trading away the best player on that line for a shot at "potential", yet tucks their little pee-pees back in their Pampers when they have the first overall and two legit QB prospects on the table? Fucking idiots. To the last goddamned fool in red.
Posted via Mobile Device

suzzer99
03-06-2013, 12:10 AM
It could even be a boat!

RealSNR
03-06-2013, 12:13 AM
well they will win. dorsey is from the ted thompson line of thinking. they arent going to pay more than they think hes worth, especially with a cheaper younger verison. The chiefs hold all the power.
Too bad Dorsey didn't think like Ted Thompson when he gave up 2 2nds for Alex fucking Smith.

Pioli probably could have hard-bargained and brought Alex in for a 4th rounder if he wanted to.

okcchief
03-06-2013, 12:15 AM
I don't think there was any weight behind that comment. I know my first thought yesterday after I heard we signed Bowe(before the tag) was cool they can at least tag Albert and get something for him if nothing else. I hope we keep him, but at least you don't give him away.

DaneMcCloud
03-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Brandon Albert gave up one sack last year. That's with Cassel and Quinn back there, too.

Would Joeckel have fared any better?

It all comes back to the question .... If Joeckel were a rookie that showed upper echelon ability and Brandon Albert only gave up one sack the same year, would you trade Ablert AND THE FIRST OVERALL PICK to trade for Joeckel?

If you say yes, your and idiot.

Riiiiight.

Also, genius, Albert gave up one sack but only started 11 games, so that stat is somewhat misleading.

DaneMcCloud
03-06-2013, 12:22 AM
I think Albert is a top 10 LT in the league. I don't think there is much difference in terms of W's and L's between a top 10 guy and a top 5 guy. So no, I'm not making that upgrade based solely on position value.

However, if there are more picks, less money etc, and I can upgrade its a different situation.

Blasphemy.

If the answer isn't "Geno Smith", you're wrong.

As a matter of fact, you're always wrong if the answer is anything other than "Geno Smith".

MotherfuckerJones
03-06-2013, 04:57 AM
Thought albert played in 13 games

Hammock Parties
03-06-2013, 04:58 AM
Riiiiight.

Also, genius, Albert gave up one sack but only started 11 games, so that stat is somewhat misleading.

Are you SERIOUS with this shit.

He's been in the top 10 in pass blocking efficiency TWO YEARS RUNNING.

MotherfuckerJones
03-06-2013, 04:59 AM
Albert has been better than both Long and Clady the past 2 years

PA Chiefs
03-06-2013, 05:46 AM
Can't be true it just seems to stupid to try to trade Albert then draft his replacement. I just think they have being pushing Jockel so hard they can't stop. Albert is more of a sure thing then anyone we draft at that position. Plus their is a lot of Tackles in free agency and the draft so I don't think you are going to get proper value.

Rausch
03-06-2013, 06:06 AM

Smart teams don't trade a given for a gamble.

No matter how big a blue chip'er someone might be every draft pick is still a gamble...

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2013, 06:17 AM
Smart teams don't trade a given for a gamble.

No matter how big a blue chip'er someone might be every draft pick is still a gamble...

What? They do all the time. I love me some Jared Allen, but that was one of the best trades the chiefs have ever made. Smart teams build through the draft and aren't afraid to get rid of their veterans.

It's not like we'd be trading Albert for joeckl straight up. We'd get joeckl plus a first round pick like Barkley. Or perhaps geno smith and a first round pick like fisher. there are a lot of scenarios where this trade could be a great one. But it damn well better be great.

Rausch
03-06-2013, 06:29 AM
What? They do all the time. I love me some Jared Allen, but that was one of the best trades the chiefs have ever made.

:spock:

You don't trade great players for draft picks - you use draft picks to add great players. You identify your best players and don't let them fucking leave.

I'd prefer to have Allen and Carr. I get that solid LT's are important but I'm pretty sure if you looked in your couch right now you'd find over a dollar in change, two gum wrappers, and a pro bowl HB...

The reason this team hasn't won a playoff game since the year I learned to drive is poor talent evaluation and an inability to resign talent.

Gannon, Joe Horn, Allen, and Carr were all pro bowl level players or better that we let walk or traded.

03-06-2013, 06:30 AM

I still think they end up trading back out of the first pick for peanuts. Maybe a 2 and a 3 rounder at best at this point and taking either Milliner or a DL guy there, but it's kind of pointless to project until after free agency. IF they come away from it with another starting CB and/or a DL guy, I don't know what the hell they do.

For pick 1.1. JFC you at least swap firsts and gain a second for that pick.

Chiefnj2
03-06-2013, 06:52 AM
I read this week that Teicher interviewed Dorsey and was told the sides were never close on a long term deal for Albert. Maybe KC feels like its better to,get something now rather than nothing next year.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2013, 06:56 AM

You don't trade great players for draft picks - you use draft picks to add great players. You identify your best players and don't let them ****ing leave.

I'd prefer to have Allen and Carr. I get that solid LT's are important but I'm pretty sure if you looked in your couch right now you'd find over a dollar in change, two gum wrappers, and a pro bowl HB...
For the Allen trade, the Vikings got Jared Allen and John Sullivan. The Chiefs got Branden Albert, Jamaal Charles, and two scrubs. It was a terrific trade for the Chiefs.

The reason this team hasn't won a playoff game since the year I learned to drive is poor talent evaluation and an inability to resign talent.

Gannon, Joe Horn, Allen, and Carr were all pro bowl level players or better that we let walk or traded.
That's the reason we haven't won a playoff game? I'm pretty sure it has to do with the inability to draft a franchise QB, our stubborn loyalty to shitty coaches, and being the worst drafting team in the 1990's. The Chiefs are the ones typically trading picks for players, not the other way around. In the 90's, we re-signed Green, Priest, LJ, Gonzalez, Shields, T-Rich, Waters, Woods/Wesley. Even with Pioli, we re-signed Charles, DJ, Flowers, Hali. I guess I'm missing the part where we have ever had trouble re-signing our players.

Look, I'm not in favor of trading Albert to save a quick buck. But the idea that one player is proven and the other is not is a shitty way to build a team.

Rausch
03-06-2013, 07:49 AM
For the Allen trade, the Vikings got Jared Allen and John Sullivan. The Chiefs got Branden Albert, Jamaal Charles, and two scrubs. It was a terrific trade for the Chiefs.

We disagree.

It happens.

That's the reason we haven't won a playoff game? I'm pretty sure it has to do with the inability to draft a franchise QB...

It's because of bad decisions. At HC, QB, and pretty much all talent. Draft day and in free agency.

The Vikings and Cowboys haven't accomplished squat but you can't deny that Gannon and Horn were huge parts of turning around terrible franchises. These were players we could have had cheap and let walk. We have (historically) overspent on turds and let talent go.

I guess I'm missing the part where we have ever had trouble re-signing our players.

Hell, we have trouble signing players. It's not just Carl or Just Pissholi it's a 20 year problem and a league wide impression players have of KC.

They are tight. They don't spend money. They don't win playoff games.

All have been true for 20 years. Carl would use every underhanded tactic he could to save a buck and then turn around and pay turds like Carlton Gray and Warfield. Horrible decisions.

Hell, we even fucked around with Tait's first contract and played the "Yer' a Drunk" game with Allen.

Then there's Pissholi. No need to recap that horrible case of hemorrhoids while riding a mule during a grand canyon tour.

But the idea that one player is proven and the other is not is a shitty way to build a team.

Think about what you just said there...

Molitoth
03-06-2013, 07:52 AM

Only Alex Smith can be judged on the last 2 years of play...

Pasta Little Brioni
03-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Rumor so grain of salt here, but "what if" they like someone like Wilson and believe they can get him in the 20's? Go younger at LT, and get your QB to groom.:shrug:

You either like a QB enough to grab 1-1 or you try and move down filling other positions. It's that simple. I don't want them taking a QB at all if they pass at 1.

Rausch
03-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Only Alex Smith can be judged on the last 2 years of play...

+1...

Pasta Little Brioni
03-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Riiiiight.

That is still pretty fucking good and averages out to barely 2 sacks allowed on the season.

Molitoth
03-06-2013, 07:58 AM
Riiiiight.

There is nothing bad about giving up 1 sack in 11 games, especially with Cassel acting as a Quarterback.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2013, 08:06 AM
We disagree.

It happens.

It's because of bad decisions. At HC, QB, and pretty much all talent. Draft day and in free agency.

The Vikings and Cowboys haven't accomplished squat but you can't deny that Gannon and Horn were huge parts of turning around terrible franchises. These were players we could have had cheap and let walk. We have (historically) overspent on turds and let talent go.

Hell, we have trouble signing players. It's not just Carl or Just Pissholi it's a 20 year problem and a league wide impression players have of KC.

They are tight. They don't spend money. They don't win playoff games.

All have been true for 20 years. Carl would use every underhanded tactic he could to save a buck and then turn around and pay turds like Carlton Gray and Warfield. Horrible decisions.

Hell, we even ****ed around with Tait's first contract and played the "Yer' a Drunk" game with Allen.

Then there's Pissholi. No need to recap that horrible case of hemorrhoids while riding a mule during a grand canyon tour.

Think about what you just said there...

The Chiefs have been one of the best at re-signing their own. In 10 years, we're talking about Tait, Allen, and Carr. But we've re-signed Flowers, DJ, Hali, Charles, Shields (multiple times), Trent, Priest, LJ, Waters. And most of these players got paid handsomely. We are not a cheap team.

Yes, we've sucked at free agency and overspent on bad players. But you're talking about the best teams in the league, and pointing to players like Gannon and Horn as if those are the guys making teams great. The teams that are great draft well year after year after year after year. And they're not afraid to take chances on a young guy.

Again, I am not a fan whatsoever of Albert for Joeckl player-for-player. There are scenarios where it's a great trade. But the idea that one is proven and the other isn't shouldn't hold the Chiefs back from trading. The only thing that should hold them back is whether trade compensation they get is worth the trade-down from #1 to whatever Albert compensation they get.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-06-2013, 08:11 AM
It's complete fail swapping Jekyll for Albert anyway you slice it.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2013, 08:17 AM

If the two end up being the same player, then it's essentially a trade-down. So if the Chiefs get a #8 pick plus extra compensation, the question is if that draft comp is worth the trade down from #1 to #8. It's hard to find many scenarios where that works, but maybe there's a QB or elite player Dorsey is eyeing. We don't know. I don't want to fuel Revis rumors, but just as an example... if the Chiefs traded Albert for Revis, they'd essentially get Revis and Joeckl in the first round. Or if the Chiefs' main target was Barkley for whatever reason (and not because it's a value pick, but because he's their guy), and they traded Albert and ended up with Joeckl, Barkley, and additional picks, that's not a bad trade either.

Rausch
03-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Yes, we've sucked at free agency and overspent on bad players. But you're talking about the best teams in the league, and pointing to players like Gannon and Horn as if those are the guys making teams great.

They did.

And letting guys like that go is what kept us from being great.

Not drafting guys like that because we were afraid to kept us from being great.

Our willingness to trade for average players while not risking that same pick in the draft for a great player held us back.

Trading draft picks for HC's held us back.

Creating the image that KC is not where you go if you want to win a SB held us back.

It's a complete system of suck. It's a mindset. It's now a decade long mentality that has moved from perception to reality...

suds79
03-06-2013, 08:24 AM

That's not entirely accurate.

It wouldn't be Joeckel or Fisher (take your pick) for Albert. It would be Joeckel or Fisher and a pick of some sort in return for Albert.

chiefzilla1501 just had a good post on this.

Rausch
03-06-2013, 08:33 AM

It wouldn't be Joeckel or Fisher (take your pick) for Albert. It would be Joeckel or Fisher and a pick of some sort in return for Albert.

We'd be trading a LT for a draft pick and using a draft pick on a LT...

Rasputin
03-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Brandon Albert is going be a Chiefs for the 2013 season bank on it.

Bootlegged
03-06-2013, 08:51 AM
All the BS draft Joeckel trade Albert stuff is ridiculous. Did the Chiefs give up on Donald Stephenson after 1 year? All these mock draft morons have no idea what they are talking about.

LT Depth Chart
Albert
Stephenson

So lets draft LT #1 overall? Right. His agent must be in the pocket of all of these idiots.

BossChief
03-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Riiiiight.

Haha

You are becoming a cartoon character.

Albert gave up one sack, Dorsey says he wants to keep Albert "to send a motivational message to the team" and some of you think we would be well served to trade Albert so that we can draft Joeckel.

BossChief
03-06-2013, 08:53 AM
So lets draft LT #1 overall? R ight. His agent must be in the pocket of all of these idiots.

Exactly.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-06-2013, 08:53 AM

Oh, it is accurate. Geno and Albert > Joke and Slappymctradedowndick

sedated
03-06-2013, 08:55 AM
We'd be trading a LT for a draft pick and using a draft pick on a LT...

Semantics. LT ---> pick ---> QB

If the language of the trade was Albert and our 2nd rounder for A. Smith and SF’s 1st rounder, would anyone be that upset?

Frosty
03-06-2013, 08:57 AM

The Chiefs currently have a LT and a draft pick at 1.1. If they trade Albert and take Joeckel at 1.1, they end up with a LT and a pick probably somewhere around 1.20. How is that not a trade down without compensation unless you believe Joeckel >>> Albert (no proof of that)?

BossChief
03-06-2013, 08:58 AM

So, lets say BEST CASE SCENARIO we get a 16th pick in the first round for Albert and take Joeckel/Fisher at 1.

That means we completely lost the value of the first pick in the draft and got NOTHING IN RETURN FOR MOVING BACK TO 16.

Again, that's a best case scenario.

Fuckall that...I don't care if Geno is only the 15th best player available (NFL.com has him at 4) that is far better value than moving back to 16 FOR NOTHING.

PA Chiefs
03-06-2013, 09:42 AM
This is crazy no way we trade albert unless we get to much so it won't happen maybe they leaked to get his demands down or see if he really wants to stay or if he is asking for the moon so he can leave. I know Albert said he wants to stay but actions speak louder then words so we will see in the next few weeks.

Rausch
03-06-2013, 09:44 AM
If the language of the trade was Albert and our 2nd rounder for A. Smith and SF’s 1st rounder, would anyone be that upset?

That's not possible so it can't be...

BossChief
03-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Albert will sign once the market is set.

I bet he signs for a dollar more than Jake Long.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2013, 09:54 AM
The Chiefs currently have a LT and a draft pick at 1.1. If they trade Albert and take Joeckel at 1.1, they end up with a LT and a pick probably somewhere around 1.20. How is that not a trade down without compensation unless you believe Joeckel >>> Albert (no proof of that)?

Like I said, the trade would mostly be a trade down from 1.1 to whatever Alberts trade comp is. Pretty simple.

thabear04
03-06-2013, 09:55 AM
All the BS draft Joeckel trade Albert stuff is ridiculous. Did the Chiefs give up on Donald Stephenson after 1 year? All these mock draft morons have no idea what they are talking about.

LT Depth Chart
Albert
Stephenson

So lets draft LT #1 overall? Right. His agent must be in the pocket of all of these idiots.

Are line is almost set just need some depth beside the LT spot.

Starting Line
LT Alberts
LG Allen
C Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

Back ups
LT Stephenson
LG Ranglin
C Mattison
RG Patterson
RT Baker

Rausch
03-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Albert will sign once the market is set.

I bet he signs for a dollar more than Jake Long.

I hate to say this. I absolutely hate seeing a great talent fall due to injury but at this point Albert is a much better LT.

People hate on Albert but he does his job. His legs are slow but he washes people outside. Fucking watch him.

He's strong up top and takes that G approach to LT. He pushes up and out. He waits for leverage and then uses that strength. People don't think of LT as a cerebral position but he waits until he knows he has advantage and THEN pushes.

That's the best way I can explain it...

Pasta Little Brioni
03-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Are line is almost set just need some depth beside the LT spot.

Starting Line
LT Alberts
LG Allen
C Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

Back ups
LT Stephenson
LG Ranglin
C Mattison
RG Patterson
RT Baker

Mr. Laz
03-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Must be bugging Albert a little

Anthony Bax ‏@BigDaddyBax
I don't know why everyone wants joeckel.. @Balbert76 and the first overall pick would be so much better than him #chiefs
Retweeted by Branden Albert
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

41 mins Sam Inmon ‏@I_am_Sam003
Now they talking bout trading @Balbert76 and still moving him to guard, give that man a long term deal and let him play LT, #chiefs
Expand

Rausch
03-06-2013, 10:02 AM

I don't know why everyone wants joeckel.. @Balbert76 and the first overall pick would be so much better than him #chiefs

Now they talking bout trading @Balbert76 and still moving him to guard, give that man a long term deal and let him play LT, #chiefs
Expand

Stay strong - we want you...

Frosty
03-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Like I said, the trade would mostly be a trade down from 1.1 to whatever Alberts trade comp is. Pretty simple.

Trading down for free. Pretty simple.

BossChief
03-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Albert also re-tweeted a tweet about the Chiefs drafting Geno Smith, too.

ChiefsCountry
03-06-2013, 10:22 AM
I don't know how anybody can say that the Jared Allen trade didn't work out for us, or they would rather have Jared Allen over Jamaal Charles and Branden Albert.

The Franchise
03-06-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't know how anybody can say that the Jared Allen trade didn't work out for us, or they would rather have Jared Allen over Jamaal Charles and Branden Albert.

I hate to say it.....but look at the skin color.

Imon Yourside
03-06-2013, 10:30 AM

Fat?

Imon Yourside
03-06-2013, 10:32 AM

Expand

Send the man some love please...

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Trading down for free. Pretty simple.

You are assuming we are only trading into a bad first round pickwith o additional ccompensation. If that's the case, I agree, horrible trade. It's different if another teamis packaging in a vvery good veteran or is willing to shower us with picks.

The Franchise
03-06-2013, 10:34 AM

I'll state it once again.

I don't see any chance of Albert being traded unless someone was willing to give up a shit ton for him.

BigMeatballDave
03-06-2013, 10:35 AM

Where is Gonzoles?

RealSNR
03-06-2013, 11:39 AM
I'll state it once again.

I don't see any chance of Albert being traded unless someone was willing to give up a shit ton for him.

Both of St. Louis's first rounders would do it for me. And I say that as a huge Branden Albert fan

1.1: Geno
1.16: Hopefully one of the remaining top 3 OTs is available
1.22: Trade back down into the 2nd round or take whatever guy they like

The Franchise
03-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Both of St. Louis's first rounders would do it for me. And I say that as a huge Branden Albert fan

As an Albert fan....I'd be ok with that. I'd almost take 16 and 22 and package them to move up for someone like Fisher. Trade our 2 1st round picks (16 and 22) for their 1st and 2nd.

DJ's left nut
03-06-2013, 11:46 AM

Some places have him grading out as the best pass-blocking LT in the league.

He's in his prime and we're going to shift to a more pass-heavy system.

If you can't get a 1st for him, you keep him. End of story.

I don't think they can.

mr. tegu
03-06-2013, 11:47 AM

What is the deal where franchised players required certain compensation in return? Is it two first rounders?

YayMike
03-06-2013, 11:48 AM

This may be the only scenario i'd be cool with trading albert.

that being said: 0% chance this happens.

milkman
03-06-2013, 11:54 AM
What is the deal where franchised players required certain compensation in return? Is it two first rounders?

Unless it's an exclusive rights tag, any team can negotiate with and sign Albert.
In doing so, that team gives up two first rounders to the Chiefs.

In most cases, however, teams negotiate a trade for the rights for that player, then negotiate a deal with that player.

Bootlegged
03-06-2013, 11:58 AM
This topic is a waste of breath. He is not being traded. We are not taking Joeckel, end of story. Jesus.

saphojunkie
03-06-2013, 12:00 PM

Yeah... I'd do this. And frankly, I would just as soon promote Donald Stephenson as take another rookie like Lane Johnson.

1.1 Geno Smith
1.16 Tyler Eiffert
1.22 Tayvon Austin.

Such a fan mock, but I'd be shitting myself with glee.

This topic is a waste of breath. He is not being traded. We are not taking Joeckel, end of story. Jesus.

Well, duh. We're just entertaining ourselves. Go fuck off and get some more neg rep.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-06-2013, 12:01 PM

True, but you might as well shut the board down if this isn't a valid topic to discuss. It makes for better conversation than talking about midgets, jelqing, or fudging 40 times.

CupidStunt
03-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Some places have him grading out as the best pass-blocking LT in the league.

Any links? I'm very pro-Albert and would love this ammo.