PDA

View Full Version : News It's time we ban pitbulls

Pages : [1] 2 3

Richard_Cuckold
03-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Enough is enough. These dogs are way too strong & unpredictable. Plus, they are normally owned by the wrong people. Deadly combo right there.

This latest pitbull attack is absolutely heartbreaking.

A 14-month-old Wisconsin boy has died after a brutal attack by a pair of pit bulls, authorities said on Thursday.
Police received a call from Susan Iwicki, 30, on Wednesday saying that she and the young boy were being attacked by the dogs, according to local NBC affiliate WMTV. Iwicki told police that she and the boy had each sustained injuries.

The boy died of his injuries at a Milwaukee area hospital later on Wednesday, the Walworth County sheriff’s office said, according to The Associated Press.
The boy had the “biggest eyes, great smile,” family friend Valerie Brylow told local affiliate WTMJ. “He was a great little boy.”
“He is adorable, absolutely adorable,” Nicole Jennison, another family friend told the station.
The boy’s name has not been released, and an investigation continues. Both of the pit bulls were removed from the property and euthanized on Wednesday, WMTV reported.
The fatal dog attack was the first in Wisconsin in a decade, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/07/17223707-pair-of-pit-bulls-maul-14-month-old-boy-killing-him?lite

Buck
03-08-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm sure other breeds kill human babies just as often.

mr. tegu
03-08-2013, 12:29 AM
The mom chose a babysitter where the owner had two pitbulls. In an apartment no less so they can't even go outside. This is sad but the mom isn't exactly the sharpest.

lcarus
03-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Ban this, ban that. Ban everything potentially dangerous in the wrong hands! Let's just nerf the whole world. I'm about to go petition my congressman to ban swimming pools. Too many drownings per year. THE CHILDREN!!!

God damn idiots.

Gravedigger
03-08-2013, 12:31 AM
This thread seems familiar... haven't we heard this stuff before in another thread?

And to take a phrase from the NRA, getting rid of pit bulls won't solve anything, criminals will get them and law abiding citizens will be without protection from them.

Bump
03-08-2013, 12:31 AM
When will we blame the HUMANS who raise these animals?

Bugeater
03-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Wait until BIG DADDY sees this thread.

(if he's even still around)

listopencil
03-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Ban humans.

Imon Yourside
03-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Wait until BIG DADDY sees this thread.

(if he's even still around)

YUP, beat me to it.

silver5liter
03-08-2013, 12:45 AM
If you think the banning of pitbulls is a good thing, go fuck yourself

pr_capone
03-08-2013, 12:47 AM
Ban humans.

http://www.fuzzaleeto.8m.net/images/werd.jpg

silver5liter
03-08-2013, 12:49 AM

There are. Actually quite a few that kill more. But the media will put "pitbull" in the title of every story related to a pitbull bite, and ignore the breed on others.

If you guys havent seen the documentary "Beyond the Myth" I recommend it. Super depressing though.

Frazod
03-08-2013, 12:49 AM
Enough is enough. These dogs are way too strong & unpredictable. Plus, they are normally owned by the wrong people. Deadly combo right there.

This latest pitbull attack is absolutely heartbreaking.

A 14-month-old Wisconsin boy has died after a brutal attack by a pair of pit bulls, authorities said on Thursday.
Police received a call from Susan Iwicki, 30, on Wednesday saying that she and the young boy were being attacked by the dogs, according to local NBC affiliate WMTV. Iwicki told police that she and the boy had each sustained injuries.

The boy died of his injuries at a Milwaukee area hospital later on Wednesday, the Walworth County sheriff’s office said, according to The Associated Press.
The boy had the “biggest eyes, great smile,” family friend Valerie Brylow told local affiliate WTMJ. “He was a great little boy.”
“He is adorable, absolutely adorable,” Nicole Jennison, another family friend told the station.
The boy’s name has not been released, and an investigation continues. Both of the pit bulls were removed from the property and euthanized on Wednesday, WMTV reported.
The fatal dog attack was the first in Wisconsin in a decade, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/07/17223707-pair-of-pit-bulls-maul-14-month-old-boy-killing-him?lite

Holy shit, first attack in 10 years? How will we survive as a species?

I'll bet you piss your pants at the sight of a gun, too. Pussy.

Richard_Cuckold
03-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Holy shit, first attack in 10 years? How will we survive as a species?

I'll bet you piss your pants at the sight of a gun, too. Pussy.

Nice personal attack by the way.

And no I'm all for the 2nd Amendment. I do believe people have a right to defend themselves.

As far as owning pitbulls goes, whats the point? How in the hell are these wild beasts allowed to be pets? How many more fucking kids have to die? Can't people just own a different breed or something? Get a pug or something sheesh.

pr_capone
03-08-2013, 01:02 AM

And no I'm all for the 2nd Amendment. I do believe people have a right to defend themselves.

As far as owning pitbulls goes, whats the point? How in the hell are these wild beasts allowed to be pets? How many more ****ing kids have to die? Can't people just own a different breed or something? Get a pug or something sheesh.

So, one fatality in the entire state of Wisconsin in TEN years and it is time to ban shit. Seriously... I fucking hate people like you.

Some of the best dogs I have ever known were Pits and Staffies.

Frazod
03-08-2013, 01:05 AM

As far as owning pitbulls goes, whats the point? How in the hell are these wild beasts allowed to be pets? How many more fucking kids have to die? Can't people just own a different breed or something? Get a pug or something sheesh.

I don't give a shit about pit bulls. I'd never own one. What I do get sick of is people whose solution to every problem is BAN IT. BAN DOGS. BAN GUNS. BAN CIGARETTES. BAN SOFT DRINKS. BAN FAST FOOD. Enough with this nanny state shit. Shut up and grow a pair.

It's not like these dogs are eating people on a daily basis. Just like psycho killers aren't shooting up schools on a daily basis. STOP LETTING THE MEDIA SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU. These are isolated incidents. People die - sometimes badly and needlessly. That's life.

Bump
03-08-2013, 01:06 AM
So, one fatality in the entire state of Wisconsin in TEN years and it is time to ban shit. Seriously... I ****ing hate people like you.

Some of the best dogs I have ever known were Pits and Staffies.

seriously, my lab has a little bit of pit in here I think...I'm not sure, but the shape of her head, she's obviously a mutt but the paperwork doesn't say exactly what she is. She almost looks like she has a tiny bit of pit in her and she is the sweetest dog you'll ever see. It's all about how they are raised. The humans are to blame for the bad ones, it's fucking bullshit they keep blaming the dogs. Dogs are good people and shit like this pisses me off.

TLO
03-08-2013, 01:08 AM
This will not end well...

KC native
03-08-2013, 01:10 AM

Eat shit and die you spineless bitch. Learn some fucking history first though.

The American Pit Bull Terrier is probably the first true American breed. The US military used to use them on recruiting posters. There are several examples of prominent pit bulls throughout history.

Labs bite more people on a per capita basis than pit bulls do. I don't see you saying ban them though.

KurtCobain
03-08-2013, 01:10 AM
I think it's time we lock this guy in a closet for a few years.

pr_capone
03-08-2013, 01:11 AM
I think it's time we lock this guy in a closet for a few years.

I'm not sure he isn't already in one.

Consistent1
03-08-2013, 01:12 AM
The assholes that think pits are street cred are the problem. I wouldn't want one myself, but whatever. I had this friend that had a malamute. They didn't take care of it well at all. The thing got mean to the point where all of our friends were scared to death of the dog. I would go play with him in the garage they kept him in, and after a couple minutes of attention, he calmed the fuck down. It was a case of someone getting a dog that never should have.

Talisman
03-08-2013, 01:13 AM
But she would be so lonely...

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18fbyzvfdimhujpg/original.jpg

pr_capone
03-08-2013, 01:14 AM
But she would be so lonely...

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18fbyzvfdimhujpg/original.jpg

Her favorite position?

doggy style.

KC native
03-08-2013, 01:15 AM
The assholes that think pits are street cred are the problem. I wouldn't want one myself, but whatever. I had this friend that had a malamute. They didn't take care of it well at all. The thing got mean to the point where all of our friends were scared to death of the dog. I would go play with him in the garage they kept him in, and after a couple minutes of attention, he calmed the fuck down. It was a case of someone getting a dog that never should have.

Pits are not good dogs for owners who aren't willing to be dominate and enforce pack order. They're also extremely overbred by dipshits who have no idea of what the breed standard is.

silver5liter
03-08-2013, 01:18 AM
Also a big thing is that all pit bull "looking" dogs are clumped into this category of pit bull.

Richard_Cuckold
03-08-2013, 01:20 AM
So I guess a lot of you are perfectly okay with little kids dying. Right on I guess.

Richard_Cuckold
03-08-2013, 01:21 AM
I don't give a shit about pit bulls. I'd never own one. What I do get sick of is people whose solution to every problem is BAN IT. BAN DOGS. BAN GUNS. BAN CIGARETTES. BAN SOFT DRINKS. BAN FAST FOOD. Enough with this nanny state shit. Shut up and grow a pair.

It's not like these dogs are eating people on a daily basis. Just like psycho killers aren't shooting up schools on a daily basis. STOP LETTING THE MEDIA SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU. These are isolated incidents. People die - sometimes badly and needlessly. That's life.

Wow you have over 80,000 posts. Holy crap do you even have a life?:LOL:
You're probably really fat too.

Frazod
03-08-2013, 01:22 AM
So I guess a lot of you are perfectly okay with little kids dying. Right on I guess.

Would you be happier if he'd died in a fire?

pr_capone
03-08-2013, 01:23 AM

You are making the same argument as the people who are using Newton to try and grab guns.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mPa71jCO7IQ/URk7cEYNZZI/AAAAAAAAb28/EwNwh-zthTs/s1600/thinkofthechildren.jpg

pr_capone
03-08-2013, 01:23 AM

LOL, weren't you the guy complaining about the personal attacks earlier in this very thread?

mr. tegu
03-08-2013, 01:24 AM

These wild animals just attacked out of no where! They smelled blood from a block away and went on the hunt.

Well wait. Actually the victims were in the apartment of the owner, who also happens to be the babysitter. What kind person chooses a babysitter who lives in an apartment with two pitbulls? Any unfamiliar dog for that matter.

People can own alligators. Pitbulls shouldn't be going anywhere either. Not my kind of dog but I'm sure like with any animal they make good pets with proper care.

Sorter
A game pit will take a lion /Mayberry

Frazod

Well, I have been here 12 1/2 years.

And I'm not nearly as fat as you are a pussy.

OH NO THE DOGGIE SCARED ME BAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :deevee:

Do the world a favor. Stuff your fucking head in an oven and turn on the gas.

KurtCobain
03-08-2013, 01:26 AM
And I'm not nearly as fat as you are a pussy.

quoted due to causing uncontrollable laughter

Hootie
03-08-2013, 01:27 AM
I think we should ban the government from creating natural disasters...it's bullshit.

silver5liter
03-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Thanks Obama

Richard_Cuckold
03-08-2013, 01:40 AM
I love how some of you are sending me death threats. I must of really struck a nerve huh?
Keep it up

Hootie
03-08-2013, 01:40 AM
i'm gonna kill you

KurtCobain
03-08-2013, 01:43 AM
I love how some of you are sending me death threats. I must of really struck a nerve huh?
Keep it up

I'm strictly forbidden from sending death threats or any threats of any kind anymore, or you'd have some from me, too.

Hootie
03-08-2013, 01:47 AM
not sure if I want to PM him the death threat or give him positive rep, but with a death threat

I'm thinking if I go the posirep route and it gets back to a mod I can be like..."hey! it was positive rep! that can't be a threat!"

hm, decisions

Richard_Cuckold
03-08-2013, 01:53 AM
LOL, weren't you the guy complaining about the personal attacks earlier in this very thread?

But my post was not a personal attack. Just a couple of observations.

ronipow
03-08-2013, 01:55 AM

As far as owning pitbulls goes, whats the point? How in the hell are these wild beasts allowed to be pets? How many more ****ing kids have to die? Can't people just own a different breed or something? Get a pug or something sheesh.

My first post will be......

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!

Have you owned a pitbull in your lifetime?
Or do you just base your opinions off of the interwebs and TV news stories?

silver5liter
03-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Technically it would be considered a personal attack if a person owned a pit bull

HolyHat
03-08-2013, 01:57 AM

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!

This is funny, he saved his first post for this. LMAO

silver5liter
03-08-2013, 01:59 AM
This is funny, he saved his first post for this. LMAO
His rep just skyrocketed

pr_capone
03-08-2013, 02:01 AM
His rep just skyrocketed

I have a gigantic rep stick and I put it DEEP inside the n00b.

silver5liter
03-08-2013, 02:01 AM
I have a gigantic rep stick and I put it DEEP inside the n00b.

Push it to the limit

nstygma
03-08-2013, 02:02 AM
not sure if I want to PM him the death threat or give him positive rep, but with a death threat

I'm thinking if I go the posirep route and it gets back to a mod I can be like..."hey! it was positive rep! that can't be a threat!"

hm, decisionsit doesn't matter, just put "figuratively" at then end. like, I still have your address from that one time and I'll be over one of these nights to plunge a knife into your neck while you sleep, figuratively of course. then its not a real threat of any kind.

Hootie
03-08-2013, 02:03 AM
it doesn't matter, just put "figuratively" at then end. like, I still have your address from that one time and I'll be over one of these nights to plunge a knife into your neck while you sleep, figuratively of course. then its not a real threat of any kind.

nice

I never thought of that...figuratively speaking

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-08-2013, 02:04 AM
I'm with Richard on this. I own lots of rental property and I absolutely WILL NOT allow any tenants with pit bulls. I will evict them. They are normally owned by gang bangers and or people that don't have the brains to take care of them properly.

I have raised and bred Rottweillers for years ,used to sell them to soldiers at FT Bragg. I love Rottys but there again they need to be taken care of properly.

Would you let someone babysit your child if they owned a pit bull? Absolutely not.

Would you let someone babysit your child if they owned a dachsund ? Yes,probably.

The dogs were bred to fight , I don't care what anybody says. That's why guess what, when you go to a dog fight what do you think yo'll see, a lab against a border collie. No , fucking pitts. Fuck pit bulls!

J Diddy
03-08-2013, 02:10 AM
I'm with Richard on this. I own lots of rental property and I absolutely WILL NOT allow any tenants with pit bulls. I will evict them. They are normally owned by gang bangers and or people that don't have the brains to take care of them properly.

I have raised and bred Rottweillers for years ,used to sell them to soldiers at FT Bragg. I love Rottys but there again they need to be taken care of properly.

Would you let someone babysit your child if they owned a pit bull? Absolutely not.

Would you let someone babysit your child if they owned a dachsund ? Yes,probably.

The dogs were bred to fight , I don't care what anybody says. That's why guess what, when you go to a dog fight what do you think yo'll see, a lab against a border collie. No , ****ing pitts. **** pit bulls!

I think we should ban hogs.

pr_capone
03-08-2013, 02:10 AM

If I know the dog and the human? If I know it is a well trained dog and I trust it's owner? Absolutely.

The dogs were bred to fight , I don't care what anybody says. That's why guess what, when you go to a dog fight what do you think yo'll see, a lab against a border collie. No , ****ing pitts. **** pit bulls!

Think about this statement.

Those guns were made to kill, I don't care what anybody says. That's why guess what, when you hear of a school shooting what do you think was used, a handgun or a bolt action .22. No, fucking assault rifles. Fuck assault rifles.

The breed does have specific needs but in a "pack" with a good leader Alpha (person, they are fantastic dogs and are great with kids. It is up to the people to train the dog well.

nstygma
03-08-2013, 02:11 AM
I think we should ban hogs.hog attacks have been on the rise!

J Diddy
03-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Yea, bacon sucks.

bite your tongue.

Bacon is what we do with euthanized hogs.

nstygma
03-08-2013, 02:12 AM
They are normally owned by gang bangers and or people that don't have the brains to take care of them properly.so its the people, not the dogs?

Sorter
03-08-2013, 02:13 AM

It would depend on the age of my child, the owner, and the pit itself. I don't have children and don't have enough arrogance to think I'd know how I'd view this situation if I had a kid.

However, I do think that those 3 factors would be evaluated before saying no to anybody that owns a pit.

Also, is it a game pit? Like, one that will take down a lion? LMAO

Richard_Cuckold
03-08-2013, 02:18 AM

Glad someone finally agrees with me.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-08-2013, 02:18 AM
If I know the dog and the human? If I know it is a well trained dog and I trust it's owner? Absolutely.

Think about this statement.

Those guns were made to kill, I don't care what anybody says. That's why guess what, when you hear of a school shooting what do you think was used, a handgun or a bolt action .22. No, fucking assault rifles. Fuck assault rifles.The breed does have specific needs but in a "pack" with a good leader Alpha (person, they are fantastic dogs and are great with kids. It is up to the people to train the dog well.

Dude, apples and oranges. Although I understand what you're saying. I know Pitts can be a good pet for a responsible owner. But 99% of the time that's the problem. And guns don't kill people. But a Pitt Bull will.

nstygma
03-08-2013, 02:21 AM
Dude, apples and oranges. Although I understand what you're saying. I know Pitts can be a good pet for a responsible owner. But 99% of the time that's the problem. And guns don't kill people. But a Pitt Bull will.i agree with you about the rentals, but that's because i don't trust people to be responsible.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-08-2013, 02:21 AM
It would depend on the age of my child, the owner, and the pit itself. I don't have children and don't have enough arrogance to think I'd know how I'd view this situation if I had a kid.

However, I do think that those 3 factors would be evaluated before saying no to anybody that owns a pit.

Also, is it a game pit? Like, one that will take down a lion? LMAO

So, if your kid was 1 year old and the owner was a good friend and lets say you've been to their house many times and the dog seemed nice enough you'd just be Ok with it ???????????????????

big nasty kcnut
03-08-2013, 02:30 AM
Damn it i thought this was about banning pitbull the singer. God he sucks.

pr_capone
03-08-2013, 02:31 AM
Damn it i thought this was about banning pitbull the singer. God he sucks.

now this is something I can get on board with

KurtCobain
03-08-2013, 02:37 AM
So, if your kid was 1 year old and the owner was a good friend and lets say you've been to their house many times and the dog seemed nice enough you'd just be Ok with it ???????????????????

Wow, that's a lot of question marks.

Sorter
03-08-2013, 02:38 AM

It was far too many to respond to.

KurtCobain
03-08-2013, 02:39 AM

forced me to make a sandwich, slap my sleeping 3 year old and really think about life while he's crying in the background wondering wtf he did wrong.

Hog's Gone Fishin

And FYI, if you just hold down on the key you can do that too.

pr_capone

LMAO

ThaVirus
03-08-2013, 02:52 AM
Anybody know where this Harrow character lives?

Please, drop by and perform an emergency vasectomy. I pray its not too late.

ImAWalkingCorpse
03-08-2013, 03:15 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/25u7hht.jpg

ImAWalkingCorpse
03-08-2013, 03:17 AM
Pits are fine if they are owned by the right person.

Consistent1
03-08-2013, 03:28 AM
Pits are fine if they are owned by the right person.

That's the thing though, they aren't usually in good situations. I have seen so many wanna be gangstas talking about pits, and they think they can selectively get them to be angry and it's cool.

SPchief
03-08-2013, 03:42 AM
There's so much race baiting and dumbassery going on here that I thought I clicked into DC. Did I? My pit is one of the best dogs ever.

jspchief
03-08-2013, 04:08 AM
I would avoid having my children around pitbulls. I don't know if they are statistically any more likely to attack than other breeds, but it seems like when they do attack, they do a hell of a lot more damage than the typical dog bite. Maybe it's all just media sensationalism, but when it comes to my children, I err on the side of caution. As for whether the breed is banned, I wouldn't be against it. Not sure it's an issue that would bring me to the polls either way. I've yet to hear an overly compelling argument against a ban other than perhaps the impossibility of actually enforcing it.

Consistent1
03-08-2013, 04:08 AM
There's so much race baiting and dumbassery going on here that I thought I clicked into DC. Did I? My pit is one of the best dogs ever.

The only race baiting where I am at right now is who can get the nightcrawler on the hook faster. Whole bunch of whiteys out there making dogs mean.

Cheater5
03-08-2013, 04:22 AM
I say ban anything or everything that has ever hurt us. People aren't responsible for actions, objects and animals are. My God! Why do we need cars that can drive faster than 65 MPH? Why do people have swimming pools in their backyard? Think Of all the children who have drowned! It's crazy- we should have only public pools where a professional lifeguard can watch over us. And guns- don't get me started...only registered hunters who have passed an extensive safety test will be issued 15 rounds of ammunition per year, and hunting should only be allowed in Montana or the Dakotas or something. And all scissors should be rounded, and, and...

http://dontbullymybreed.org/

"Ban Pitbulls"...GTFO of here.

Ace Gunner
03-08-2013, 06:32 AM
LETS BAN WINDOWS TOO

3-year-old dies after falling out window in Queens (http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=8987665)

jspchief
03-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Do you think the cons of a world without windows are comparable to the cons of a world without pitbulls?

soopamanluva
03-08-2013, 06:47 AM
Also a big thing is that all pit bull "looking" dogs are clumped into this category of pit bull.

Exactly. Most people dont even know what a pit bull is. They mistake my dog for a pit and its not. So are we going to ban every dog that looks like a pit also? Stupid...

Cheater5
03-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Exactly. Most people dont even know what a pit bull is. They mistake my dog for a pit and its not. So are we going to ban every dog that looks like a pit also? Stupid...

Dude. These are new "assault" Pitbulls that were bred for the military and have high capacity mouths with extra teeth and 'locking' jaws. I read it on the Internet or something.

Brooklyn
03-08-2013, 07:11 AM
there are some dumb mother****ers in this thread. you make me angry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2OC5Z1Fii8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUV1oTciznE

eat shit you ignorant ****s. my pit bull is the best dog ever and couldn't be sweeter or more loving.

edit: can someone embed my YT links? i must not have enough posts or something.

wilas101
03-08-2013, 07:14 AM
I knew this thread would be great when I saw it. lol

LOCOChief
03-08-2013, 07:32 AM
A women that works for me has two pits. She received a call this week at work that one of them got out of it's kennel during the day when she was at work and killed her kids 9 week old dachsund.
Her dogs are well cared for and not bread or trained to fight. I'm into personal responsibility and all and certainly not for banning but there is no way in hell I would have ever left my child as an infint with somone who has a pit.

LOL to those that think they're the same as a lab. If you think all dogs are the same it's just the way they're raised and cared for, I've had black mountain kurs, and a couple blue heelers that would prove you dead wrong. I would never want an infant child around those dogs without MY supervision.

BlackHelicopters
03-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Dogs and humans living together. Mass hysteria?

pr_capone
03-08-2013, 07:40 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mQn_Zhbi9gg/TUoiim0kz5I/AAAAAAAACXk/v2fgkywvkbU/s1600/hugemanatee_original.jpg

LOCOChief
03-08-2013, 07:42 AM

haha " Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria

BlackHelicopters
03-08-2013, 07:46 AM
haha " Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria

Thanks.

loochy
03-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Ban assault dogs

BlackHelicopters
03-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Just extract all the teeth from pit bulls. Problem solved, and veterinarians can become really rich.

notorious
03-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Don't ban them, just procecute the owners as if they commited the acts themselves.

(This goes for all pets)

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-08-2013, 07:59 AM
A women that works for me has two pits. She received a call this week at work that one of them got out of it's kennel during the day when she was at work and killed her kids 9 week old dachsund.
Her dogs are well cared for and not bread or trained to fight. I'm into personal responsibility and all and certainly not for banning but there is no way in hell I would have ever left my child as an infint with somone who has a pit.

LOL to those that think they're the same as a lab. If you think all dogs are the same it's just the way they're raised and cared for, I've had black mountain kurs, and a couple blue heelers that would prove you dead wrong. I would never want an infant child around those dogs without MY supervision.

Shit like this happens all too often. I'm sure the Lion that just killed the girl was the sweetest little kitty, never hurt nobody.

Predarat
03-08-2013, 08:02 AM
We need to ban the gubbment from banning things. Im tired of everything being banned, if this PC shit keeps up we will soon be nothing but bots. Every single one of us. Like the Clones in Star Wars.

notorious
03-08-2013, 08:08 AM
We need to ban the gubbment from banning things. Im tired of everything being banned, if this PC shit keeps up we will soon be nothing but bots. Every single one of us. Like the Clones in Star Wars.

Demolition Man.

Reerun_KC
03-08-2013, 08:10 AM
I love pit bulls...

So does my .45 or my AR-15 Assualt Rifle (if I had one)...

My son and I have eliminated several last year as we live in the country, They show up uninvited to my property... For some reason they never last long.

What a trash dog...

Reerun_KC
03-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Dont ban them. They make great target practice...

notorious
03-08-2013, 08:13 AM
I love pit bulls...

My son and I have eliminated several last year as we live in the country, They show up uninvited to my property... For some reason they never last long.

What a trash dog...

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4702620741732195&pid=15.1

Predarat
03-08-2013, 08:14 AM
I love pit bulls...

What a trash dog...

It 'cause of them city fellers. They like to use them for fighting, when they are no longer useful for that they go out in the country and turn them loose if they do not die in a fight.

Reerun_KC
03-08-2013, 08:14 AM

When my kids were little like that, we had Aussies or Boarder Collies...

They used to tackle my little kids and lick them to death... It was so funny watching those dogs herd the kids or pull them across the tile floor by their shirt.

We were in great fear for their lives....

pr_capone
03-08-2013, 08:17 AM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/486053_10151480854971489_1213012368_n.png

Reerun_KC
03-08-2013, 08:25 AM
there are some dumb mother****ers in this thread. you make me angry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2OC5Z1Fii8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUV1oTciznE

eat shit you ignorant ****s. my pit bull is the best dog ever and couldn't be sweeter or more loving.

edit: can someone embed my YT links? i must not have enough posts or something.

http://i.imgur.com/4DkgF.gif

WhitiE
03-08-2013, 08:26 AM
My wiener dog bit my niece cuz she kept messing with him and chasing him. Should we ban wiener dogs?

Canofbier
03-08-2013, 08:28 AM
I assume that a joke about only banning assault pitbulls has already been made by this point in the thread, but I don't have the wherewithal to read through all seven pages.

Steron
03-08-2013, 08:29 AM

:clap:

Bwana
03-08-2013, 08:30 AM
My wiener dog bit my niece cuz she kept messing with him and chasing him. Should we ban wiener dogs?

Ban the wiener!

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001733239/4543686916_rosie05_xlarge.jpeg

WhitiE
03-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Ban the wiener!

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001733239/4543686916_rosie05_xlarge.jpeg

Lol

Cannibal
03-08-2013, 08:37 AM
I don't think they should be banned. But I hate the type of people that own them.

InChiefsHeaven
03-08-2013, 08:40 AM
I would never own one, and I've seen one mess up somebody (my neighbor) for no real discernible reason. She was a reporter for our local paper and was doing a story on a guy who had a pit who was in trouble for biting some dog in their neighborhood. She, my neighbor, went over to the house to do the story. Got pictures of the pit hanging out with the kids, no problems at all. Then she sat in a chair to do the interview, and the damn dog for no reason lunged and bit her face and knocked her out of the chair. The owner was beside himself, and got the dog off of her and out of the room. Needless to say, after that he had to admit that for whatever reason, he couldn't control the dog and had it put down.

I'd say it's a personal choice and a personal risk to own one. I wouldn't say ban them, cuz there are a lot of big dogs that can and do attack people. That's the problem with dogs...you can't ask them how they are feeling or some shit. That's why I own medium sized dogs that I can control in case they go nuts...

jspchief
I'm curious how this is considered comparable.

Graystoke
There are good dogs and bad dogs. There are good owners and bad owners.
I had a pit mix living at my house, and honestly it was a good dog, but it had bad traits. It wasn't my fault and it wasn't the dogs fault.
As a responsible home owner with two dogs I had to let her go. She was just to protective, which ultimately lead to agression.
It was a tough decision. But she had two episodes with known people stopping at my house. I loved here but christ it is so much more relaxed with her gone.

If I was alone in the NorthWoods that dog woulda been perfect. But I couldn't risk her ever showing agressive behavior again

InChiefsHeaven
03-08-2013, 08:41 AM
I don't think they should be banned. But I hate the type of people that own them.

Yeah, they are a different type of person, that's for sure. Wouldn't say I hate them, but they are typically not in my social circle.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-08-2013, 08:45 AM
The son of one of my employees that lives on my farm brought home a pit bull mix puppy. I have truck drivers bring in Milo and SBM from out of state and on two instances the dog tried to bite them when they pulled on the scales. Talking bout a law suit waiting to happen.

mr. tegu
03-08-2013, 08:51 AM
The whole narrative of the stupid in this thread is basically, "some people can't control pitbulls, so nobody should have one."

People own snakes that are absolutely deadly from one bite. When you have certain animals there is an inherent risk involved. If someone wants to take up that risk, who cares.

ndws
03-08-2013, 08:53 AM

So I guess you standing on the graves of little kids trying to push a personal agenda is ok. Right on I guess.

You're much more of a threat to my soon to be born kid than any pit I have ever been around.

Frazod
03-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Glad someone finally agrees with me.

Congratulations, because being on the same side of an issue as Hogfucker is always the right place to be. Perhaps Wickedson agrees with you, too. :drool:

Rausch
03-08-2013, 10:27 AM
All people who own pits and rots are not douchebags, but it's pretty apparent that the majority of those animals are owned by douchebags.

Pits are the white trash canine of choice just like malt liquor from a can is their drink of choice. That broad is pretty much the prototype of what the world thinks when they hear you say you have a pit.

This.

"Are you a skinny white kid getting no reh-spek? Go down to Wal-Mart and get your free pit now!

Screw lifting weights or taking the time to excel in a sport! It's wasted time! Tie your pit up to the bike stand outside the local grocer and BOOM! INSTANT REH-SPEK!"

Iowanian
03-08-2013, 10:31 AM
If you had 1 chance to guess the breed of dog owned by this person for $1000 dollars, what would be your guess?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUdSVylOu3bf_v1-WSHqlmAVW8sH_mquAVzvH6WedMJHqc0n9t4g

KCWolfman
03-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Do people still really blame breeds instead of humans who train them?

When do we get to dunk a woman in a pond to see if she is a witch as well?

Iowanian
03-08-2013, 10:34 AM
This guy owns a dog. You get one chance to guess what it is to save a relative's life. Go.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScXrpJxSGl7ahnEOwajx9QSgiioTPgF4NsNOoT2KmtiO4KyGzV

Rausch
03-08-2013, 10:35 AM

I think automobiles, guns, large breeds, and loans should be given to people who have proven they are competent with them (or at the very least not proven they are completely incompetent...)

Iowanian
03-08-2013, 10:36 AM
These boys....want a dog. Go.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvjC8UPaWQnfHFK0ftjPab1PE2iKGKWQGNKLXOtVGkoFGlI5PM

KC native
03-08-2013, 10:38 AM

This all the way.

Iowanian
03-08-2013, 10:38 AM
You see any person that has the word "thug" or anything similar on their body. What breed of dog do they own? you get 1 guess to win your car back on Repo Games.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhF4qVk6VjJLLXfZ5mSY7ANqzFjzsm-OwcZmycEmGsMjLS5eHS

frankotank
03-08-2013, 10:39 AM
I would never own one, and I've seen one mess up somebody (my neighbor) for no real discernible reason. She was a reporter for our local paper and was doing a story on a guy who had a pit who was in trouble for biting some dog in their neighborhood. She, my neighbor, went over to the house to do the story. Got pictures of the pit hanging out with the kids, no problems at all. Then she sat in a chair to do the interview, and the damn dog for no reason lunged and bit her face and knocked her out of the chair. The owner was beside himself, and got the dog off of her and out of the room. Needless to say, after that he had to admit that for whatever reason, he couldn't control the dog and had it put down.

I'd say it's a personal choice and a personal risk to own one. I wouldn't say ban them, cuz there are a lot of big dogs that can and do attack people. That's the problem with dogs...you can't ask them how they are feeling or some shit. That's why I own medium sized dogs that I can control in case they go nuts...

I find this story very interesting. I'd love to know the whole background on the dog. I wonder if it was raised by them from puppy-hood. I strongly believe its the people, the owners, that make a dog become what it is. I believe this whole heartedly.

I'm on my second bullmastiff. you can pull up stories on this breed that mirror horrific pit stories. I got both of my bullys as puppies. I've had dogs all my life and have loved every one, but far and away the best two dogs have been the bullys. we raised them with love and taught them correct behavior and most importantly socialized them. this is the single most important thing to do for ANY dog!

my parents neighbors have a pit and she is a sweetheart. her and my bully play when we go visit.

having said all this....I would NEVER EVER bring a dog into my house with the capability to inflict damage that pits and bullys have....unless I brought the dang thing home as a puppy and raised it from the beginning. because people are just stupid. you bring home a 2 year old bully from a shelter....you have NO IDEA what you have. just isn't worth it.

I can't help but think every time I read about an attack.....and I know it sounds presumptuous, but I always wonder if that dog would have done that had I been the one that raised it? know what I mean?

KC_Lee
03-08-2013, 10:39 AM
This guy owns a dog. You get one chance to guess what it is to save a relative's life. Go.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScXrpJxSGl7ahnEOwajx9QSgiioTPgF4NsNOoT2KmtiO4KyGzV

Ok, so we ban pit bulls. What type of dog will this winner go get next?

Ban rotties? Ban dobbies? Ban German Shepards? Ban Great Danes?

At what point do we hold not only owners but the jackasses that over breed pitties and sell them on the a street corner?

Rausch
03-08-2013, 10:42 AM

At what point do we hold not only owners but the jackasses that over breed pitties and sell them on the a street corner?

You don't ban guns. You don't ban cars. You don't ban dogs.

You ban stupid people who've abused them from having them...

KCWolfman
I don't get the attachment to animals. At my age, I am sure I never will. To me, animals are not a comfort, they are a food.

That said, bad animals come from bad people. When we start having discussions on limiting the breeding of the white trash that creates fighting dogs, then we can have a civil discussion on the limit of breeding certain animals as well.

KCWolfman
You don't ban guns. You don't ban cars. You don't ban dogs.

You ban stupid people who've abused them from having them...

You beat me, Brad

KC native
03-08-2013, 10:43 AM
There are good dogs and bad dogs. There are good owners and bad owners.
I had a pit mix living at my house, and honestly it was a good dog, but it had bad traits. It wasn't my fault and it wasn't the dogs fault.
As a responsible home owner with two dogs I had to let her go. She was just to protective, which ultimately lead to agression.
It was a tough decision. But she had two episodes with known people stopping at my house. I loved here but christ it is so much more relaxed with her gone.

If I was alone in the NorthWoods that dog woulda been perfect. But I couldn't risk her ever showing agressive behavior again

Good for you. A lot of people are reluctant to put down dogs that should be put down.

I had 2 pits. One s the best dog ever. The other started getting neurotic and due to that her behavior was more erractic. She snapped at someone in my house so she was put down. I loved that dog but I know what the breed is supposed to be and aside from her looks she didn't have the rght temperament.

Iowanian
A little harder question for the $100,000 grand prize.

What breed of dog do these families own?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT7xHoa6ttGyEaq_DsVrCkoJgEzgRBG5xB0HY0k_K0hBIeBVxhfQ

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQalGJh7reC2omQ9XwORtGxLg1WxcTfpid7PQ4udvhM459GsCKeGg

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMkdBfLC-0vvUfrfi67vjenWuh8GlCju6v_2L_H4r1VGJart_Nrg

KCWolfman

Dobermans were the big talk of banning when I was a kid. People were stupid then, too.

Rausch
03-08-2013, 10:44 AM
That said, bad animals come from bad people.

Good people buy bad animals.

You can't inbreed. When you're just looking for the $$$ you get unstable animals.

If you pay $2k for an animal odds are you'll be happy.

You buy a dog for $200 from Sideways Bob down the street....well...

Iowanian
03-08-2013, 10:44 AM
I never said ban them. I just said most people will associate you with photos like I linked if you say in front of strangers that you own a pit or a rott. It doesn't mean all Pit and Rott owners are douchebags....it's just that a very high percentage of those dogs apparently ARE owned by douchebags.

KC_Lee
03-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Dobermans were the big talk of banning when I was a kid. People were stupid then, too.

And at one point in time it was Rotties, before that German Shepards.

When do we stop blaming dogs and start blaming owners & breeders?

KCWolfman
03-08-2013, 10:46 AM
I never said ban them. I just said most people will associate you with photos like I linked if you say in front of strangers that you own a pit or a rott. It doesn't mean all Pit and Rott owners are douchebags....it's just that a very high percentage of those dogs apparently ARE owned by douchebags.

Let's ban douchebags then.

Rausch
03-08-2013, 10:47 AM
A little harder question for the $100,000 grand prize.

What breed of dog do these families own?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT7xHoa6ttGyEaq_DsVrCkoJgEzgRBG5xB0HY0k_K0hBIeBVxhfQ

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQalGJh7reC2omQ9XwORtGxLg1WxcTfpid7PQ4udvhM459GsCKeGg

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMkdBfLC-0vvUfrfi67vjenWuh8GlCju6v_2L_H4r1VGJart_Nrg

I'd guess a Yorkshire Terrier...

Rausch

:thumb:

Chief Roundup
Ban idiots! Damn can't do that either.

KC_Lee
03-08-2013, 10:49 AM

So what's the point you are trying to make? Ban D-Bags? I'm on board!!!

Rausch
03-08-2013, 10:50 AM
So what's the point you are trying to make? Ban D-Bags?

YES!

Iowanian
03-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Now that is a movement I can get behind.

frankotank
03-08-2013, 10:52 AM

oh sure!
that's all well and good....until your woman comes home with a stinky cooter!

http://talesfromtheer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/douchebag1.jpg

KC_Lee
03-08-2013, 10:53 AM

Iowanian
03-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Like breed of dog, it's probably wiser to select a woman to breed without that undesirable trait.

Rausch
03-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Like breed of dog, it's probably wiser to select a woman to breed without that undesirable trait.

Women also turn on you when you least expect it.

Not a good analogy...

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-08-2013, 10:55 AM
And at one point in time it was Rotties, before that German Shepards.

When do we stop blaming dogs and start blaming owners & breeders?

Next friday.

KC_Lee
03-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Next friday.

Of what year? :thumb:

Fish
03-08-2013, 10:57 AM
What I find interesting in this debate, is the fact that 99.9999999999999999999999% of all dog owners in the history of dog ownership would never ever admit to having a dangerous dog. At least until the dog does something dangerous. It's just astonishing the lengths some people will go to defend their asshole dog. Of course, not all dogs are assholes. But even owners of evil hellhounds straight from Satan's fenced in backyard will defend their dog to the ends of time.

"My dog is the sweetest most lovable cuddly animal in the world. See, it even plays with baby chicks and doesn't instantly devour them!"

It tells me that many people out there are either oblivious or in complete and total denial of what their dog is capable of.

KC_Lee
03-08-2013, 10:59 AM
What I find interesting in this debate, is the fact that 99.9999999999999999999999% of all dog owners in the history of dog ownership would never ever admit to having a dangerous dog. At least until the dog does something dangerous. It's just astonishing the lengths some people will go to defend their asshole dog. Of course, not all dogs are assholes. But even owners of evil hellhounds straight from Satan's fenced in backyard will defend their dog to the ends of time.

"My dog is the sweetest most lovable cuddly animal in the world. See, it even plays with baby chicks and doesn't instantly devour them!"

It tells me that many people out there are either oblivious or in complete and total denial of what their dog is capable of.

You can say the same thing about people and thier children.

"My little boy or girl would never do [X]!"

Fill in [X] with whatever you like.

Iowanian
03-08-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm all for canine equal rights.

The last canine I told a neighbor I would terminate with extreme prejudice if it ever were to return to my yard with my children at play was a mean little dirty yellow moppy bastard.

Graystoke
03-08-2013, 11:02 AM

Ya THIS^
That was the situation with the pit mix I had to get rid of. It was my sig others and she was crazy. Finally I said the dog has to go. I was not going to risk this dog ever biting a small child.
They both left in the end

frankotank
03-08-2013, 11:03 AM

I had an American Tundra Shepherd a long time ago (betcha never hearda that one)....and she was most untrustworthy with anyone outside of immediate family. do not own this breed. not cool having a dog you know is an opportunity away from fucking somebody up.

KCWolfman
03-08-2013, 11:06 AM
What I find interesting in this debate, is the fact that 99.9999999999999999999999% of all dog owners in the history of dog ownership would never ever admit to having a dangerous dog. At least until the dog does something dangerous. It's just astonishing the lengths some people will go to defend their asshole dog. .

They do the same things with their children. Talk to a mom about how super-intelligent her child is. She will have you believing her 6 year old is bound for MIT
next fall due to his ability to understand the Constitution, Electrical Sciences, and String Theory. The next moment she will tell you there is no way her child is bright enough to deliberately push another kid into a locker at school.

Frankie
03-08-2013, 11:08 AM

Collectively.

DJ's left nut
03-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Eh, I'll want to see the dog before I care about the article.

My chocolate lab got out of the house once and the people down the block called animal control because there was a pit bull in their yard.

He's a !@#$ing chocolate lab.

People see dark fur and a 70+ lb dog and if they don't know much about dogs, it becomes a pit bull. Nevermind the fact that most pits are light in color...by God that dog is bigger than a 3 yr old - IT'S A PIT!

Because people are, y'know, really stupid.

I honestly couldn't care less about breed-specific legislation, to tell you the truth. There are tens of thousands of dogs put down annually because there aren't as many homes as there are great pets. Taking Pits out of the equation leaves plenty of outstanding pets around. And while they aren't necessarily more aggressive as a breed, certain lines certainly are and those lines are diluting the gene pool for the breed in general. And while they're not all aggressive, even the most ardent pit bull supporters will concede that they are universally very mouthy dogs. Every Pit I've known has been a mouther. And with the power in those jaws, sometimes that causes damage even on accident. The room for a simple mistake sure goes away in a hurry with a dog like that.

But I certainly understand the opposition; even the mouthy pits are still sweet dogs.

KCWolfman
03-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Collectively.

Muslims cause more wars than any other religion right now. Should we apply the pit bull resolve there as well?

Frankie
03-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Muslims cause more wars than any other religion right now. Should we apply the pit bull resolve there as well?

:spock:

Fish
03-08-2013, 11:14 AM
You can say the same thing about people and thier children.

"My little boy or girl would never do [X]!"

Fill in [X] with whatever you like.

They do the same things with their children. Talk to a mom about how super-intelligent her child is. She will have you believing her 6 year old is bound for MIT
next fall due to his ability to understand the Constitution, Electrical Sciences, and String Theory. The next moment she will tell you there is no way her child is bright enough to deliberately push another kid into a locker at school.

Well yes... but lying about your kid is a little different. The resulting dangers aren't very comparable. A lying child is still moderately controllable for the most part. The result of those kinds of lies might be a kid pushed in a locker, or a suspension from school. Lying and underestimating what your dog is capable of can and does result in serious harm or death. I've seen it firsthand.

ModSocks
03-08-2013, 11:15 AM
We should ban RT's.

KCWolfman
03-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Well yes... but lying about your kid is a little different. The resulting dangers aren't very comparable. A lying child is still moderately controllable for the most part. The result of those kinds of lies might be a kid pushed in a locker, or a suspension from school. Lying and underestimating what your dog is capable of can and does result in serious harm or death. I've seen it firsthand.

I bet John Wayne Gacy's mom would disagree with you

burt
03-08-2013, 11:20 AM
I had an American Tundra Shepherd a long time ago (betcha never hearda that one)....and she was most untrustworthy with anyone outside of immediate family. do not own this breed. not cool having a dog you know is an opportunity away from fucking somebody up.

Those are fucking huge, too!!! See I have heard of them...

Fish

Yes, I'm sure there are a couple exceptions.

KC_Lee

Or Jeffery Dahmer's father.

Beef Supreme
03-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Ban dog owners who don't have a fucking clue how to raise or train a dog.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm not for banning breeds, but man do I hate those fucking dogs. Or maybe it's just pitbull owners. Or maybe it's bud light commercials

Dayze
03-08-2013, 12:04 PM
nothing wrong with Pitts at all. any animal can be turned into a viscious animal.

Got to a Pet Store (not directed to anyone here specfici etc) when they have Pitt Bull adoptions. Some of the sweetest dogs I've ever met.
They get a huge bad rap from the media.

Years ago it was the Rottweiler. Before that, Dobermans.

Investigate for yourself before jumping on board with the media hype/scare tactics.

Rausch
03-08-2013, 12:06 PM
nothing wrong with Pitts at all. any animal can be turned into a viscious animal.

How many Dachshunds or terriers killed a small child in.....oh.....the last 200 years?

HC_Chief
03-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Goddamn assault dogs...

Frazod
03-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Goddamn assault dogs...

Remember, if they're owned by the government, they're personal defense dogs.

Iowanian
03-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Now Dammit.

It wasn't that long ago I could have made 1 of the posts I've made in this thread and picked a good brawl for the entire weekend.

Let me try again.

Cats should be fed to pit bulls.

Lex Luthor
03-08-2013, 12:22 PM

I don't have a dog in this fight, so I decided to do a little research and see if pit bulls are more likely to be vicious than other dogs. I found this at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States .

http://i48.tinypic.com/of3nn4.jpg

Interesting.

This obviously proves nothing regarding what breed of dog is more likely to be vicious. But it does appear that one breed of dog does most of the killing.

Rausch
03-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Now Dammit.

It wasn't that long ago I could have made 1 of the posts I've made in this thread and picked a good brawl for the entire weekend.

Let me try again.

I can't really argue that one...

tman
03-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Most dogs are breed for a purpose. Why ban dog breeds because certain individuals can not understand the purpose of their dog? Pit bulls are a very physicaly strong breed intended for fighting, baiting, catching, herding and protecting, they are not meant to be appartment pets.

Lex Luthor
03-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Most dogs are breed for a purpose. Why ban dog breeds because certain individuals can not understand the purpose of their dog? Pit bulls are a very physicaly strong breed intended for fighting, baiting, catching, herding and protecting, they are not meant to be appartment pets.
So why not ban people from having pit bulls as apartment pets?

Brock
03-08-2013, 12:34 PM
This breed used to be a babysitter breed of dog. It's a shame idiots have ruined it for the most part.

Prison Bitch
03-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Simple really. Owners of dogs should be held criminally liable for any attacks they make on others. Period. If you own a pitbull and it freaks out and kills my toddler, then you should have legal liability. Where that line is drawn and what the penalties are, is up for reasonable debate.

But this notion that dog owners just throw their hands up in the air and say "Nuttin I can do about it, sorry brah!" is nonsense. If a pitbull owner ever had his dog kill my son, I'm putting a bullet in the dog's skull and a bullet in the owner's leg.

Frankie
03-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Now Dammit.

Let me try again.

http://weinterrupt.com/wp-content/uploads/angry_cat.jpg

Frankie
03-08-2013, 12:44 PM
This breed used to be a babysitter breed of dog. It's a shame idiots have ruined it for the most part.

Wow,... baby sitter to baby eater.

Got to a Pet Store (not directed to anyone here specfici etc) when they have Pitt Bull adoptions. Some of the sweetest dogs I've ever met.
They get a huge bad rap from the media.

Years ago it was the Rottweiler. Before that, Dobermans.

Investigate for yourself before jumping on board with the media hype/scare tactics.

:LOL:

post 171

Brock
03-08-2013, 12:53 PM
http://www.ywgrossman.com/photoblog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/tumblr_ljm8z67YLX1qj1a0to1_4002.jpg

Lzen
03-08-2013, 01:07 PM

I had a buddy who had a couple of German Shepherds. They killed his cat. Just ripped it in two.

Yeah, every breed has certain subtle differences in their characteristics. But on the basic, primal level, canines are canines.

Lzen
03-08-2013, 01:14 PM
If you had 1 chance to guess the breed of dog owned by this person for $1000 dollars, what would be your guess?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUdSVylOu3bf_v1-WSHqlmAVW8sH_mquAVzvH6WedMJHqc0n9t4g

Uh.....Bichon Frise?

tman
03-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Good point. I don't believe there is any total proactive solution to solve dog attacks. My use of apartment pets does not relay what I'm trying to say. I do believe that a small dog breed would be less likely to kill someone if it attacked. Pit bulls where breed to be strong attackers ( see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_bull ). Their attended prey would generally be larger than that of a smaller breed. I do not mean the pit bull is more likely to attack. I simply think that the result of a pit bull attack would be more damaging than most dog breeds. If you are going to own a dog of any kind there is always a chance that it could attack someone or something.

Lzen
03-08-2013, 01:19 PM

http://youtu.be/zrzMhU_4m-g

Dayze
03-08-2013, 01:20 PM
How many Dachshunds or terriers killed a small child in.....oh.....the last 200 years?

Dacchsunds have a vicious streak a mile wide. It's the most foul tempered dog you're ever set eyes on. It's a killer.

Lzen
03-08-2013, 01:25 PM

Chiefs Planet would be a ghost town.

KC_Lee
03-08-2013, 01:29 PM
This obviously proves nothing regarding what breed of dog is more likely to be vicious. But it does appear that one breed of dog does most of the killing.

No what it proves is what breed of dog is being exploited, bred and trained by the lowest rungs of humanity to be vicious.

Let's be honest here for a bit; take a bunch of small dicked jackasses and tell them that owning a pit bull will make them tough and you get bunch of jackasses breeding these dogs to be what these other small dicked jackasses want. So now we have jackasses warping and manipulating a certain breed of dog to sell to other jackasses. This is the problem, not the dog per se but what has happened to the bred over time.

Let's pretend that by some stroke all pit bulls are gone, no longer here. What's next? Do we get a stories of vicious rotties and that this breed must be banned!

KC_Lee
03-08-2013, 01:31 PM

Killed probably not. Bitten, probably more than is ever reported. My nieghboor's min-pin is vicious and tries to gnaw my ankle off almost every time I see him.

Lzen
03-08-2013, 01:33 PM

Agreed. :thumb:

burt
03-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Chiefs Planet would be a ghost town.

Want me to throw them off my lot?

Lzen
03-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Want me to throw them off my lot?

You do know that I was including both you and me in that statement? :D

burt
03-08-2013, 01:46 PM
You do know that I was including both you and me in that statement? :D

lol.... well my sacasm meter tend to work better on CP!!!

Craqhead
03-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Allowing stupid people to breed should be banned. Perhaps we should ban cars so drunk drivers won't kill more people than pitbulls and guns.

TLO
03-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Lil Poopy owns a pit bull

WhitiE
03-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I'm curious how this is considered comparable.

Me too... I hope someone can tell us

Reerun_KC
03-08-2013, 03:15 PM

You corner, kick or try to hurt my aussies they will bite at you in attempt to get away from you.

If you are mean to them they will not like you... IF you are sweet to them they will be your best buddy... And one of them has an allergy problem. she will sneeze on you.

Reerun_KC
03-08-2013, 03:18 PM
I had a buddy who had a couple of German Shepherds. They killed his cat. Just ripped it in two.

Yeah, every breed has certain subtle differences in their characteristics. But on the basic, primal level, canines are canines.

My Aussies and Boarder Collie have killed a squirrel before... They will wait and wait for those little tree rats to hit the ground... Wait until its between trees, then the chase is on...

sometimes the squirrel wins, something the doggies win...

Bugeater
03-08-2013, 03:26 PM

Yep, our black lab would happily kill any animal smaller than her without a second thought. Luckily she is too slow and lazy to really pose much of a threat.

ChiefsOne
03-08-2013, 03:30 PM

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!

Your first post failed! Supposed to be "your and idiot". Planet standards from way back.

Cheater5
03-08-2013, 03:40 PM
People are going to believe what they want. I was wary of Pit Bulls too, until my wife insisted we adopt one (I was gone quite a bit). My mind was changed forever. That dog was my animal friend for 12 years, and hands down the best dog I have ever owned and it isnt even close. Highly intelligent, never barked, well behaved, never chewed on anything not offered him, gentle with children and slept for three weeks with my 75 year old arthritic mom in her bed. He'd whimper if she left the house...yes he was strong as hell and could bite through a car's tire- but bottom line he only wanted to please.

I posted the link below earlier in this thread, but this is worth checking out.

http://dontbullymybreed.org/

candyman
03-08-2013, 03:41 PM
The thread title is so ignorant I thought for sure this was going to be a joke thread. Still not sure if trolling...

demonhero
03-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Combine improver training, with being tied up to a chain 24/7 and you would go crazy...I've been around numerous Argentino dogos down in Texas and they have been protected of the young kids.

Just Passin' By
03-09-2013, 01:44 PM
There are simple, basic rules that people should follow with all dogs, such as never leaving an infant or toddler alone with any dog, and never keeping a dog as a pet if it's not one you could take down if you needed to. If people can't follow these types of rules, the dog breed is going to be irrelevant except for the final amount of damage, because you're just playing the odds at that point.

Exoter175
03-09-2013, 01:51 PM
There are simple, basic rules that people should follow with all dogs, such as never leaving an infant or toddler alone with any dog, and never keeping a dog as a pet if it's not one you could take down if you needed to. If people can't follow these types of rules, the dog breed is going to be irrelevant except for the final amount of damage, because you're just playing the odds at that point.

People follow icons, not logic.

If they knew that German Shepherds were more aggressive, more lethal, they wouldn't be talking about Pits.

There's a reason the police use GS's, there's a reason Nazi Germany used them too, and just about every police state that comes to mind.

There are places in this world where parents eat their old children to survive through hunger, and people want to bitch about a dog attack?

Here's a though, be responsible with your child, or don't leave its site. Simple fucking rule, live by it or don't have kids.

kysirsoze
03-09-2013, 02:02 PM
So... you guys know the OP just trolled the fuck out of you all, right? I mean... seriously obvious troll.

Just Passin' By
03-09-2013, 02:05 PM
So... you guys know the OP just trolled the **** out of you all, right? I mean... seriously obvious troll.

After the first few posts, this thread had its own life.

Chiefshrink
03-09-2013, 02:28 PM
I now expect the WH and the Marxist Dems to go after pit bulls with the same fevered pitch effort they do for our guns.

Exoter175
03-09-2013, 02:45 PM
So... you guys know the OP just trolled the fuck out of you all, right? I mean... seriously obvious troll.

You know this thread went like 10 pages before your post right? Obviously troll or not it started an argument.:thumb:

TribalElder
03-09-2013, 02:46 PM
I was hoping you meant the bud light party anthem guy

Let's ban TV commercials

Easy 6
03-09-2013, 02:48 PM
I personally think that breed is dumb as a ****ing brick and would never want one, having said that, my daughter has one that she couldnt possibly love more.

As others have said, the problem is mostly with the owners... people who want to own a pit should be vetted in some way, keeping them out of the hands of trash would go a long way towards helping the situation.

Exoter175
03-09-2013, 03:06 PM
I personally think that breed is dumb as a ****ing brick and would never want one, having said that, my daughter has one that she couldnt possibly love more.

As others have said, the problem is mostly with the owners... people who want to own a pit should be vetted in some way, keeping them out of the hands of trash would go a long way towards helping the situation.

That argument borders dangerously close to the banning of guns argument. Careful now.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-09-2013, 03:46 PM

Some dumbshit, unleashed pit came running up on my dog and I today. Wish I would have stabbed it.

Easy 6
03-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Some dumbshit, unleashed pit came running up on my dog and I today. Wish I would have stabbed it.

I'd make sure that knife had some good size to it before i did...

MahiMike
03-09-2013, 03:54 PM
That argument borders dangerously close to the banning of guns argument. Careful now.

This IS the weapons argument. You could say you want to ban the devil and someone in America would cry fowl.

Lex Luthor
03-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Why are the vast majority of dog-bite fatalities caused by pit bulls?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States

This is what you call prima facie evidence that pit bulls are dangerous.

The pit bull lovers refuse to acknowledge this, but the fact is that pit bulls are dangerous because they have such a powerful bite. All it takes it one second in the lifetime of the dog for a tragedy to occur.

A few years ago I had a Yorkie who was the most gentle dog in the world. One day we were playing, and the most gentle dog in the world suddenly bit me on the hand. He immediately realized what he had done, looked me in the eye with the most human look I've ever seen on a dog, and then he ran like hell. His bite didn't even break the skin. If that Yorkie had been a pit bull, I'd have pulled back a bloody stump. And instead of running away, he may very well have decided to just finish me off, because pit bulls are known to do that and have the strength to do that. If my Yorkie had tried to finish me off, I'd have picked him and thrown him against the wall.

Some animals are just too dangerous to have in a home, especially a home with children or in a neighborhood with children. I don't give a shit about the anecdotal evidence people provide about their personal pit bulls who were perfect little angels and the bestest dogs ever. 99% of them may be, but the 1% who are killers make the breed too dangerous to have as pets. It's trivially easy to find reports of children killed by the family pit bull. Invariably the parents are hysterically sobbing "But he was the most gentle animal ever! He never bit anyone ever ever before!"

Banning pit bulls is nothing like banning guns. An unattended gun won't escape from its pen or jump a fence and kill people. Pit Bulls can and do.

Hog Farmer nailed it when he said "Guns don't kill people. Pit bulls do.".

EagleRob
03-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Pitbull owner here. Sorry to hear the latest news. I hear these stories all the time and they worry me because I don't know have a full understanding of what triggers the attacks.

My dog is absolutely kind and loving and I try not to live in fear of him losing his sanity. But I totally get the anti-pit sentiment. It's a shame people only hear the bad news about them.

What's worse is many adoption agencies hide the terrier when advertising the breed of the dog people are adopting. I'll bet many people think they have a retriever, lab, or shepherd mix but if you look up staffordshire terrier you just might recognize facial features of a dog near you. We were told our dog was lab, retriever mix and turns out the blood work revealed he was staffie (pit), shepherd, and Finnish spitz.

There are breed bans in many counties around me and in every bordering state. My dog is discriminated against by every kennel, most veterinarians and others because he "looks like a pit". He is but I had to get the blood work to know for sure.

I'm not giving him up. You'll have to come and get him. He's never done anything to anyone. But I suppose the possibility is enough to make people lose their heads about it.

Lex Luthor
03-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Pitbull owner here. Sorry to hear the latest news. I hear these stories all the time and they worry me because I don't know have a full understanding of what triggers the attacks.

My dog is absolutely kind and loving and I try not to live in fear of him losing his sanity. But I totally get the anti-pit sentiment. It's a shame people only hear the bad news about them.

What's worse is many adoption agencies hide the terrier when advertising the breed of the dog people are adopting. I'll bet many people think they have a retriever, lab, or shepherd mix but if you look up staffordshire terrier you just might recognize facial features of a dog near you. We were told our dog was lab, retriever mix and turns out the blood work revealed he was staffie (pit), shepherd, and Finnish spitz.

There are breed bans in many counties around me and in every bordering state. My dog is discriminated against by every kennel, most veterinarians and others because he "looks like a pit". He is but I had to get the blood work to know for sure.

I'm not giving him up. You'll have to come and get him. He's never done anything to anyone. But I suppose the possibility is enough to make people lose their heads about it.
That was excellent post, except for the last sentence. Banning a dangerous breed isn't "losing your head about it".

A reasonable compromise would probably be to grandfather in existing pit bulls, but ban any new ones.

PA Chiefs
03-09-2013, 05:02 PM

I adopted a lab retreiver mix 3 weeks ago when I asked what else it was they said they weren't sure. It looks like a pit bull and I really hope its how you raise them more then anything else he came from a high kill shelter he is only 14 weeks and so far so good but I can tell you when we play he is strong but he is very sweet. He is also very fearless I have a deck in that back of my house that has a 4 foot drop and I had him out there today and he leaped right off of it. I am a big guy so no matter how big he gets I will always be able to handle him but I just hope he stays good. I f anyone has any advice let me know.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2013, 05:21 PM
I adopted a lab retreiver mix 3 weeks ago when I asked what else it was they said they weren't sure. It looks like a pit bull and I really hope its how you raise them more then anything else he came from a high kill shelter he is only 14 weeks and so far so good but I can tell you when we play he is strong but he is very sweet. He is also very fearless I have a deck in that back of my house that has a 4 foot drop and I had him out there today and he leaped right off of it. I am a big guy so no matter how big he gets I will always be able to handle him but I just hope he stays good. I f anyone has any advice let me know.

I have some advice.

Antifreeze

demonhero
03-09-2013, 05:26 PM
If you got bite by a metro dog like a yorkie.. either it believes you aren't the alpha dog or its an old fart and losing its marbles.

hometeam
03-09-2013, 05:28 PM
I haven't read the rest of this thread, but I say we ban all things that kill one person every ten years in Wisconsin.

... Fuckin dipshits...

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2013, 05:32 PM
I haven't read the rest of this thread, but I say we ban all things that kill one person every ten years in Wisconsin.

... Fuckin dipshits...

Pot / Kettle

Red Dawg
03-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Kill them all. Rots too.

KC native
03-09-2013, 05:41 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States

The pit bull lovers refuse to acknowledge this, but the fact is that pit bulls are dangerous because they have such a powerful bite. All it takes it one second in the lifetime of the dog for a tragedy to occur.

A few years ago I had a Yorkie who was the most gentle dog in the world. One day we were playing, and the most gentle dog in the world suddenly bit me on the hand. He immediately realized what he had done, looked me in the eye with the most human look I've ever seen on a dog, and then he ran like hell. His bite didn't even break the skin. If that Yorkie had been a pit bull, I'd have pulled back a bloody stump. And instead of running away, he may very well have decided to just finish me off, because pit bulls are known to do that and have the strength to do that. If my Yorkie had tried to finish me off, I'd have picked him and thrown him against the wall.

Some animals are just too dangerous to have in a home, especially a home with children or in a neighborhood with children. I don't give a shit about the anecdotal evidence people provide about their personal pit bulls who were perfect little angels and the bestest dogs ever. 99% of them may be, but the 1% who are killers make the breed too dangerous to have as pets. It's trivially easy to find reports of children killed by the family pit bull. Invariably the parents are hysterically sobbing "But he was the most gentle animal ever! He never bit anyone ever ever before!"

Banning pit bulls is nothing like banning guns. An unattended gun won't escape from its pen or jump a fence and kill people. Pit Bulls can and do.

No that's what you call bullshit. No other breed is misidentified more. Anything that looks even remotely similar to a pit is called a pit. Sometimes the dogs don't even look lit pits get called pits when reporters show up. Several people have put together slideshows where you pick the pit bull out. Google them and see how you do.

Aside from that Pits don't have mutant freakishly powerful jaws. Your hyperbole is ridiculous. Rotties bite just as hard as pits yet you aren't suggesting they should be banned.

KC native
03-09-2013, 05:43 PM

It's a combination of things. If the dog is not skittish or scared of everything and you're not apush over, you'll be fine.

Ming the Merciless
03-09-2013, 05:54 PM
we should require all dog owners to have liability insurance

the insurance could be priced based on actuary information

more dangerous dog, more expensive policy

dogs with zero or extremely low rates may be exempt (service dogs etc)

Richard_Cuckold
03-09-2013, 05:57 PM
pitbulls and their owners can all go to HELL

hometeam
03-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Pot / Kettle

o:-)

RealSNR
03-09-2013, 05:58 PM
YUP. FUCK CHILDREN

hometeam
03-09-2013, 05:59 PM

Did you know cows kill the same amount of people as dogs each year in the US?

Still mad?

kysirsoze
03-09-2013, 06:06 PM
You know this thread went like 10 pages before your post right? Obviously troll or not it started an argument.:thumb:

It went on for 2 1/2 pages n00b. :p

And yes, it started another extrememly productive pitbull argument. I don't mind or anything. Just was surprised at how many people have responded to the OP as if he was a real person.

RealSNR
03-09-2013, 06:13 PM
German Shepherds are too dangerous! /1970s

Rottweilers are too dangerous! /1980s

Pit Bulls are too dangerous! /2000s

Any guesses which breed is next to be "dangerous"?

candyman
03-09-2013, 06:28 PM

Im going to KILL you.

Figuratively speaking.

KC native
03-09-2013, 06:39 PM

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

here's a misidentification test.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Did you know cows kill the same amount of people as dogs each year in the US?

Still mad?

Link ?

candyman
03-09-2013, 06:45 PM
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

here's a misidentification test.

Im a pit lover, but its pretty obvious they picked the smallest, skinniest pit they could find for that. It looks more like a Jack Russel. Needless to say I failed.

Whoever said pits are dumb dogs is dead wrong. Pits are one of the smartest, and most loyal breeds in the world.

demonhero
03-09-2013, 06:46 PM
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5829a2.htm

http://bookofodds.com/Accidents-Death/Accidental-Deaths/Articles/A0252-Behind-the-Numbers-Death-by-Cow

Iowanian
03-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Link ?

I believe that.

I've done hospital time from a cow, so has my mother and I know other people as well.
If they count rodeo bulls I'm certain it's true.

The difference? Being killed by a cow is an occupational hazard. If you're not in a pen, barn or trailer with a cow, it cannot harm you.

People let dogs sleep with their children.

I completely believe that other breeds bite lots of people. I also completely believe that when certain breeds bite people, they do a shit load more damage. Jack Russel's are dickhead dogs and bite a lot of people, but you don't see a lot of missing faces and plastic surgery from them.

I always see the conflict from Pit supporters. They're the most loyal, intelligent, loving creatures to ever grace the earth, yet, I see posts in this thread suggesting traits for Pit ownership to get their respect. Don't know too many children with those traits.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2013, 06:50 PM
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5829a2.htm

http://bookofodds.com/Accidents-Death/Accidental-Deaths/Articles/A0252-Behind-the-Numbers-Death-by-Cow

doesn't answer the question. And on a percentage basis there are millions more cows than Pitt Bulls anyway. Plus we eat cows so it's justified.

candyman
03-09-2013, 06:54 PM
I always see the conflict from Pit supporters. They're the most loyal, intelligent, loving creatures to ever grace the earth, yet, I see posts in this thread suggesting traits for Pit ownership to get their respect. Don't know too many children with those traits.

Im a big pit fan, but I will admit letting a pit that you havent raised yourself since a pup sleep with your kids isnt very smart. However, a pit that was raised around a child since it was a pup and raised correctly is no more dangerous than a rott, GS, or a chow.

demonhero
03-09-2013, 06:56 PM
you can eat a dog.. ask the orientals.

candyman
03-09-2013, 06:57 PM

orientals...lol

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2013, 07:00 PM

Or anybody thats eatin at a "China Buffet"

MOhillbilly
03-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Hard to believe you all have a right to vote.

El Jefe
03-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Ban this, ban that. Ban everything potentially dangerous in the wrong hands! Let's just nerf the whole world. I'm about to go petition my congressman to ban swimming pools. Too many drownings per year. THE CHILDREN!!!

God damn idiots.

Amen

El Jefe
03-09-2013, 07:18 PM

Amen

Ming the Merciless
03-09-2013, 07:21 PM
German Shepherds are too dangerous! /1970s

Rottweilers are too dangerous! /1980s

Pit Bulls are too dangerous! /2000s

Any guesses which breed is next to be "dangerous"?

Im guessing the breed that kills the most people?

RealSNR
03-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Im guessing the breed that kills the most people?

I'll bet evil Nazi midget scientists are hard at work trying to breed killer Corgis next.

KC native
03-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Im a pit lover, but its pretty obvious they picked the smallest, skinniest pit they could find for that. It looks more like a Jack Russel. Needless to say I failed.

Whoever said pits are dumb dogs is dead wrong. Pits are one of the smartest, and most loyal breeds in the world.

Yes, but that's closer to what they should be. A male pitbull should be between 50-70lbs. A female 40-60lbs. Too many assholes breed them way bigger than they should be.

KC native
03-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Im a big pit fan, but I will admit letting a pit that you havent raised yourself since a pup sleep with your kids isnt very smart. However, a pit that was raised around a child since it was a pup and raised correctly is no more dangerous than a rott, GS, or a chow.

You shouldn't have young kids unsupervised around any dog, not just pits.

KC native
03-09-2013, 07:35 PM

Or that some of them claim to have testicles.

hometeam
03-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Link ?