PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs FA DB Megathread (per Saphojunkie)

FRCDFED
03-08-2013, 02:05 PM
We should just turn this thread into a free agent DB mega thread. Then create another one for DE, OL, and WR.

Here are the free agents that I can think of now...

I thought this might be more convenient than having a shitload of various player threads.

George Wilson, S Buffalo.

Adrian Wilson, S Arizona

Deangelo Hall, CB Atlanta

Sean Smith, CB Miami

Cary Williams, CB Baltimore

Ed Reed, S, Baltimore

Aaron Ross, CB Jacksonville

Nnamdi Asomugha, CB Philadelphia

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB Philadelphia

Dawan Landry, S Jacksonville

Aquib Talib, CB New England

Dashon Goldson, S San Francisco

William Moore, S Atlanta

Antoine Cason, CB San Diego

Patrick Chung, S New England

Leodis McKelvin, CB Buffalo Make it rain DB's!

Brent Grimes

Louis Delmas

HolyHat
03-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Brent Grimes

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha is still a eagle.

FRCDFED
03-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Louis Delmas leaving town without a contract

Posted by Josh Alper on March 8, 2013, 3:19 PM EST

When word broke that safety Louis Delmas was heading to Detroit for a physical at the Lions’ request, it was natural to assume that there was a chance of a deal being struck that would take Delmas off the market before free agency began.

That’s not the case, however. Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports that Delmas is leaving town on Friday and does not expect to have a contract done before he’s free to talk to other teams. Delmas said if something was going to get done on Friday, it would have gotten done “two months ago, during the season.”

Delmas told Birkett that he expects interest from at many as eight teams come Saturday morning, but also said his first choice would be to remain in Detroit. He came up with a creative way of explaining how he feels about the entire situation.

“I almost feel like a girlfriend waiting at home that’s got a boyfriend that’s cheating on her. But it is what it is. I’m trying to see if I can stay at home and get a couple more years out of him,” Delmas said. “The Lions are cheating on me. They’re going to the club every damn night and staying out late night, trying to come back home to Daddy. But it’s all right. I do (still love them). That’s why I’m still here, I’m stuck with them.”

And you thought there’d never be a way to turn NFL free agency into a Lifetime movie, didn’t you?

The Franchise
03-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Delmas would be great.....if he could stay fucking healthy.

FRCDFED
03-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Jaguars release Aaron Ross in secondary makeover

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 8, 2013, 1:10 PM EST

The crop of available veteran cornerbacks keeps getting thicker, and the Jaguars secondary keeps getting thinner.

According to Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union, the Jags have released cornerback Aaron Ross, along with their earlier cut of safety Dawan Landry.

The 30-year-old Ross spent one year with the Jags, starting nine games. Along with free agents Rashean Mathis and Derek Cox (who are eligible to be tampered with at midnight), the Jags have a lot of holes to fill in the back of their defense.

The move creates more than $3 million worth of salary cap room for the Jags, who have plenty of uses for it.

FRCDFED
03-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Delmas would be great.....if he could stay ****ing healthy.

I agree. I wonder what his contract demands are going to be.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2013, 02:54 PM
fuck megathreads up the ass with a blow torch

saphojunkie
03-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha is still a eagle.

Yeah, I added him, because he is an assumed cut. I originally had it broken up that way, but then I just got lazy.

At this point, my top choices would be George Wilson and Brent Grimes, or "Grimey" as he likes to be called.

DaFace
03-08-2013, 02:55 PM
**** megathreads up the ass with a blow torch

This.

saphojunkie
03-08-2013, 02:56 PM
This.

I normally agree, but **** 20 different threads about 33 year old injured safeties up the ass and vag. DP blowtorches.

Lesser of two evils.

And I think the biggest sin of Megathreads is that the thread starter doesn't update the original post with the news that filters in, which I would be happy to do.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2013, 03:01 PM
I normally agree, but **** 20 different threads about 33 year old injured safeties up the ass and vag. DP blowtorches.

Lesser of two evils.

And I think the biggest sin of Megathreads is that the thread starter doesn't update the original post with the news that filters in, which I would be happy to do.
give it 2 days and this OP will be outdated and a bunch of FA news will be buried within 100 pages of bickering shit.

DaFace
03-08-2013, 03:23 PM

Lesser of two evils.

My issue is pure selfishness - once a thread gets to the point that I'll have to read through 10 pages to find out what's actually happened (as opposed to reading titles in the Lounge), I stop trying. Oh well.

Direckshun
03-08-2013, 03:54 PM
My issue is pure selfishness - once a thread gets to the point that I'll have to read through 10 pages to find out what's actually happened (as opposed to reading titles in the Lounge), I stop trying. Oh well.

If you want, you and I could manage a sticky thread at the top of the forum keeping track of all the FA signings.

I remember us doing that in years past and it was super helpful.

If I start the thread, will you sticky it and update it with me over time?

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Wilson signed with Titans

DaFace
03-08-2013, 04:42 PM
If you want, you and I could manage a sticky thread at the top of the forum keeping track of all the FA signings.

I remember us doing that in years past and it was super helpful.

If I start the thread, will you sticky it and update it with me over time?

I'm fine with making it a sticky if you're willing to commit to keeping it updated. I can't personally guarantee I can help update it, though.

mcaj22
03-08-2013, 05:31 PM
come end your career in KC, king Adrian Wilson.

CoMoChief
03-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Delmas would be great.....if he could stay ****ing healthy.

do not want.....Gunther prob ruined him.