PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fans seem to like the new regime: Season Ticket sales are way up

Fat Elvis
03-08-2013, 03:29 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/regime-leads-ticket-sales-chiefs-200619863.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The Kansas City Chiefs have a new coach, a new general manager — and plenty of new season-ticket holders.

New season sales are up 112 percent over this time last year, according to figures provided to The Associated Press on Friday. Season renewals are also up 5 percent over last year, and the Chiefs are on pace to have their best renewal since coming off their 2010 playoff season.

The Chiefs finished 2-14 last season.

Invoices were sent out Jan. 7, three days after coach Andy Reid was hired to replace Romeo Crennel, and five days before John Dorsey was hired to replace Scott Pioli as GM.

Already, they've made a series of moves, trading for quarterback Alex Smith, signing long-term deals with wide receiver Dwayne Bowe and punter Dustin Colquitt, and making left tackle Branden Albert their franchise player.

pr_capone
03-08-2013, 03:31 PM
I wonder if my old seats have been sold yet.

Deberg_1990
03-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Clark wins
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
03-08-2013, 03:32 PM
112% over what was sure to be a dismal number last year.

Cassel returning and all.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Clark wins
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. I bet he's furiously fapping over those numbers while congratulating himself on yet another round of the "ol' black magic" this franchise employs to keep the suckers coming back.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
03-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Clark wins
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. This is why you dont address the QB postition or make a run for a championship.

7-9 is what puts butts in the seats...

Bearcat
03-08-2013, 03:38 PM
LMAO

Reerun_KC
03-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Why are we not surprised by this?

HolyHat
03-08-2013, 03:39 PM
No way in hell its up that much. I have received an email damn near everyday saying they will extend my time to renew my seats. I'm calling bullshit.

RunKC
03-08-2013, 03:40 PM

huh? Cassel is gone next week bro. Just a matter of time.

Direckshun
03-08-2013, 03:41 PM
huh? Cassel is gone next week bro. Just a matter of time.

He was referring to last year.

Fritz88
03-08-2013, 03:43 PM

God I still remember how unappealing that season was.
Posted via Mobile Device

In58men
03-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Clark: See Andy, being in mediocre players and tickets will sell. We should draft Landry Jones because he'll be cheap. Fans will eat it up once they settle down.

Internet Tough Guy
03-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Alot of people in kansas city like the alex smith trade. Its just the majority of this forum doesnt.

Bugeater
03-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Alot of people in kansas city like the alex smith trade. Its just the majority of this forum doesnt.
That's because a lot of people in Kansas City are retarded fuckfaces.

Internet Tough Guy
03-08-2013, 03:59 PM
That's because a lot of people in Kansas City are retarded ****faces.

im giving alex a year.. Peyton did it in a year and thats where my bar is at for a 2nd round pick. He hasnt taken a snap yet for our team so im not gonna bite his head off after being in the nfc champ game a year prior to this (sanchez comes to mind :banghead:) BUT that being said. 1 year. Im hoping andy reid knows more than i and that he knows something we all dont.. But if alex and CO. cant get it done this year then im voting QB in round 1 to break the cycle 2014.. Lets face it 2013 isnt that strong of a QB class and even tho everyone is high off Geno i prefer Barkley.

In58men
03-08-2013, 04:03 PM
im giving alex a year.. Peyton did it in a year and thats where my bar is at for a 2nd round pick. He hasnt taken a snap yet for our team so im not gonna bite his head off after being in the nfc champ game a year prior to this (sanchez comes to mind :banghead:) BUT that being said. 1 year. Im hoping andy reid knows more than i and that he knows something we all dont.. But if alex and CO. cant get it done this year then im voting QB in round 1 to break the cycle 2014.. Lets face it 2013 isnt that strong of a QB class and even tho everyone is high off Geno i prefer Barkley.

Boy, you sure went on a tangent

LoneWolf
03-08-2013, 04:06 PM
No way in hell its up that much. I have received an email damn near everyday saying they will extend my time to renew my seats. I'm calling bullshit.

Maybe they just know that the game day experience won't be the same without your shining personality at the games. Clark's just looking out for the fan's best interest. :evil:

TribalElder
03-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Until they shit the bed at the draft

BossChief
03-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Clark wins
Posted via Mobile DeviceNot sure why Clark is to blame for anything.

It would have been half the cost to draft Geno or another qb instead of trading for AS. Bowe was a new deal that pays him the third most of any receiver in football. Albert was retained. Colquit was retained for big money.

Clark just writes the checks and has gotten the best available guys to make the football decisions that were available when he went shopping.

Clark has done a damn fine job.

Internet Tough Guy
03-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Boy, you sure went on a tangent

watcha mean?

BossChief
03-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Until they shit the bed at the draft

What if they don't?

TribalElder
03-08-2013, 04:09 PM
What if they don't?

I would expect it to jump to 200+%

BigCatDaddy
03-08-2013, 04:10 PM
I guess 100 is better then 50.

LoneWolf
03-08-2013, 04:11 PM
I guess 100 is better then 50.

But from the fifty anything is possible.

Marcellus
03-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Yep. This is why you dont address the QB postition or make a run for a championship.

7-9 is what puts butts in the seats...

I have seen this posted several times even though there is no merit to it.

Whats the logic here? Its cheaper to pay Alex Smith $8MM a year than Geno Smith?

Clark has spent enough $ since the end of the season to toss that retarded argument out the window so after tossing the $ thing out, what is the logic again?

We aren't drafting a QB because its what? Its not more expensive so please, clarify this logic for me, please. Did you forget this isn't 3 years ago where the rookies get $50MM guaranteed?

You don't think drafting Geno Smith would have sold tickets and put butts in the seats? Seriously?

Some of you are so stuck on just repeating the same shit you don't ever even stop to check and see if the logic even fits what you are saying.

Its ridiculous. I mean ****ing ridiculous.

KChiefs1
03-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Geno butt hurt is strong.

Internet Tough Guy
03-08-2013, 04:29 PM
I have seen this posted several times even though there is no merit to it.

Whats the logic here? Its cheaper to pay Alex Smith $8MM a year than Geno Smith?

Clark has spent enough $ since the end of the season to toss that retarded argument out the window so after tossing the $ thing out, what is the logic again?

We aren't drafting a QB because its what? Its not more expensive so please, clarify this logic for me, please. Did you forget this isn't 3 years ago where the rookies get $50MM guaranteed?

You don't think drafting Geno Smith would have sold tickets and put butts in the seats? Seriously?

Some of you are so stuck on just repeating the same shit you don't ever even stop to check and see if the logic even fits what you are saying.

Its ridiculous. I mean ****ing ridiculous.

i agree Geno would be cheaper. I completely agree. However, What if geno didnt pan out? Are we ready to tank a season to the 1st overall pick again??? I mean shoot maybe that would work and we could just keep drafting QB's with the 1.1 until we find the right guy but it would become kindve annoying to keep watching 2-14 seasons over and over unless we hit the jackpot on the right guy..

Regardless im not really on the Geno hype and would rather trade back some and pick up Barkley. My ideal would be trade back pick up picks and have

1.alex
2. Barkley

heading into the year. However i dont think that will happen. That being said, with alex we arent completely sure of what we are gonna get since San fran never really took the hand cuffs off alex and Andy likes to let it fly so if alex isnt the guy, we will know early. That being said, signing alex he only has 2 years left on his contract. Drafting someone 1.1 he would have 4-5. If alex doesnt pan out we only have him for year 2014 where we would draft a QB round 1 and have him either A groom behind alex in 2014 and start in 15' or B. Start in 14 and have alex mentor him along the way...

Either way i think the singing alex thing will pan out and that the FO is looking at our 1.1 as BPA and then 14' as picking up a QB in round 1 if alex sucks. Because as much as we would like to think otherwise, this draft class kindve sucks. 14' is more promising.

Brooklyn
03-08-2013, 04:31 PM
7-9 is perfect. If the Chiefs actually ever won anything they'd have to raise prices so high and would eventually lose/price out all their fans. Or they could just keep prices the same and give fans a break on seeing a winning product, but then all the other winning owners would be pissed off that we are undercutting them and making them look overpriced. What a shady business.

BlackHelicopters
03-08-2013, 05:10 PM

Fucktard

Internet Tough Guy
03-08-2013, 05:12 PM
****tard

:bang::hump:

RunKC
03-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Geno butt hurt is strong.

It's creating a foul stench on the board.

Infinite crybabies who will probably deny they liked him in 2 years when he proves that he's an average at best QB.

Internet Tough Guy
03-08-2013, 05:15 PM

Infinite crybabies who will probably deny they liked him in 2 years when he proves that he's an average at best QB.

:thumb:

philfree
03-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Clark Hunt says thanks to SOCs.

ArrowheadMagic
03-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Clark Hunt says thanks to SOCs.

Its not like Clark isnt putting his money where his mouth is. Show me which one of his hires are on the cheap side?

BossChief
03-08-2013, 05:31 PM

He won't be compared to the rest of the qbs in the league over the next two years.

He will be compared to Alex Smith.

Same goes for the rest of this quarterback class.

By trading for Alex Smith and going all in with him, they have made a statement that they believe Alex Smith is better than every quarterback in this draft class.

By a wide margin, too...being his advanced age.

philfree
03-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Its not like Clark isnt putting his money where his mouth is. Show me which one of his hires are on the cheap side?

I never said Clark was cheap. I was pointing out something that seems alot like irony.

Internet Tough Guy
03-08-2013, 05:36 PM
He won't be compared to the rest of the qbs in the league over the next two years.

By trading for Alex Smith and going all in with him, they have made a statement that they believe Alex Smith is better than every quarterback in this draft class.

I honestly as ive said a couple times believe we are keeping him to see if he is it. Andy has always liked alex. Alex has 2 years left on his contrat. Only 2. Our FO knows this draft class sucks and that 14' is alot more promising..

So we are picking up a QB that andy likes and we will see if he is the guy early because of how andy likes to take the hand cuffs off qb's not like the 49ers where jim runs the ball 60% and throws 40%... If alex sucks in 13' we have our answer that he is crap and we take a qb round 1 in 14'.. I dont see the problem. I think everyone is just mad about not having Geno when alot of people say if this was a Qb heavy class Geno woldnt even be the first 3 QB off the board. I dont see why we should sell ourselves short just because its the 13' draft. Wait it out with alex and see how 13' goes. If he sucks as i said he only has 1 year left on his contract and he can either A) Mentor our 14' round 1 QB draft pick or B) play in 14' while our round 1 learns behind him and he starts in 15'.

BossChief
03-08-2013, 05:40 PM

Not just that, but he is eating Piolis contract, Romeos contract, paying a huge coaching staff as well as front office...spending top dollar on all of the hires and signings and they are obviously clearing cap space to pick up some players in free agency and go into win now mode.

Clark Hunt has taken the "money is no object" approach to this offense.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Over this time last year? Of course. Everyone waited to see what they would do in the draft and FA under fuckfaceroundpants first.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Reid > Crennel/Haley
Alex Smith > Cassel/Quinn

gotta figure that Reid will make a significant difference but other than that :shrug:

still time though

Fritz88
03-08-2013, 05:51 PM

Nothing is set in stone yet. You do know that they will bring competition and Reid will have no problem branching Alex if he sucks balls.

Now if they keep Cassel and don't draft a QB in the first 3 rounds then fuck them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish
03-08-2013, 05:53 PM
I honestly as ive said a couple times believe we are keeping him to see if he is it. Andy has always liked alex. Alex has 2 years left on his contrat. Only 2. Our FO knows this draft class sucks and that 14' is alot more promising..

So we are picking up a QB that andy likes and we will see if he is the guy early because of how andy likes to take the hand cuffs off qb's not like the 49ers where jim runs the ball 60% and throws 40%... If alex sucks in 13' we have our answer that he is crap and we take a qb round 1 in 14'.. I dont see the problem. I think everyone is just mad about not having Geno when alot of people say if this was a Qb heavy class Geno woldnt even be the first 3 QB off the board. I dont see why we should sell ourselves short just because its the 13' draft. Wait it out with alex and see how 13' goes. If he sucks as i said he only has 1 year left on his contract and he can either A) Mentor our 14' round 1 QB draft pick or B) play in 14' while our round 1 learns behind him and he starts in 15'.

You don't trade a very high 2nd round pick, plus a 2-3 round pick next year, along with $16M worth of contract, for a QB with the intention of giving him a test run season. The problem is that if Alex Smith only plays a year and it's clear we need another QB, it's a waste of picks and money.

Valiant
03-08-2013, 06:14 PM

I am on the geno bandwagon. We will see in two years. If I am wrong I will admit it. If he goesto any team other then cleveland he should do great Iif starting. I would say Oakland but I am not sure how things will be there with the cryptkeeper cancled.

Internet Tough Guy
03-08-2013, 06:14 PM
You don't trade a very high 2nd round pick, plus a 2-3 round pick next year, along with $16M worth of contract, for a QB with the intention of giving him a test run season. The problem is that if Alex Smith only plays a year and it's clear we need another QB, it's a waste of picks and money.

Well if we are gonnna play that game if we pick Geno at 1.1 and he fails miserably we waisted a 1st overall pick on a guy and whatever money he wouldve costed us, not to mention he would be on a 4-5 year contract.

alex is a 2 year contract, 2nd round pick. 14' draft pick is a late round(mid round) pick, and if alex pans out as we all hope that would be a late 4th round pick... I really dont see the big deal in alex playing in 13' and if he sucks we have a high draft pick to get a QB in 14' in a much more promising QB class. and seeing as the raider/cardinal franchises will hope they have there QB from this class we will have less competition in 14' to get our QB and more wiggle room to trade up and down for the QB we want.

Hammock Parties
03-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Germans seemed to like Hitler.

Rasputin
03-08-2013, 06:35 PM

30 years isn't enough to convince this fan base lets trade for another broke dick retread one more year.

bevischief
03-08-2013, 06:39 PM

They are drinking the same kool aid...

crossbow
03-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Why wouldn't the Chiefs sell more tickets? They did the usual stuff...Went out and got one of Frisco's washed up QBs. Marty did it a bunch of times so it must be a good idea.

HotCarl
03-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Maybe the fans can see that washing out Pioli, Romeo, and Cassel will equal a watchable team next year?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2013, 08:26 PM
That's because a lot of people in Kansas City are retarded fuckfaces.

lol This.
Posted via Mobile Device

FloridaMan88
03-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Alex Smith is manna from heaven for True Fans.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2013, 09:37 PM
If they sold 50 new tickets last year and 106 this year it's basically up 110+%.

The five percent bump in renewals is a more significant figure.

RunKC
03-08-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm reading that Sean Smith isn't good, but yet NFL personnel think he's a good option on the market.

Which is it?