PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto What's your dream house?

Stewie
03-08-2013, 04:43 PM
If you could buy a property, within reason, what's your dream house/property?

No bazillion dollar property since this is CP. Something that's within your grasp and maybe a little bit of a stretch.

Big house?
Land?
Crops?
Animals?
Big shop?

Maybe a small house with little care.

What say you?

ModSocks
03-08-2013, 04:44 PM
A free one. One i can squat in and claim.

gblowfish
03-08-2013, 04:45 PM
There's this one in Memphis that I believe just opened up....

burt
Modest home...10 to 15 acres......fairly close to KC.

burt
A free one. One i can squat in and claim.

Some in Florida! Squatters rights...

Deberg_1990
03-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Danes hacienda

BlackHelicopters
03-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Old missile silo.

ChiTown
03-08-2013, 04:48 PM
I would like a little more land to go with what I have, but as far as the house itself, I'm living in my dream home.

DJ's left nut
03-08-2013, 04:50 PM

No bazillion dollar property since this is CP. Something that's within your grasp and maybe a little bit of a stretch.

Big house?
Land?
Crops?
Animals?
Big shop?

What say you?

10 acres w/ a 3 acre pond on part of it. I'll have a nice big outbuilding on it with a loft workshop. A 3-car attached garage with at least one extra long bay for a full-sized king cab pickup. The house; probably about 5 bedrooms; 4 actually used as rooms, one as a study. A nice, open finished walk-out basement with a good unfinished section for storage (and john deer doors into the yard). Big kitchen that is fairly open into the living room. All told, probably about 3500 sq. feet.

5 years; I'll start hunting for the land in 2, designing the house in 3, building in 4 and be there in 5. The workshop/outbuilding will go on it first so I can move the camaro out there and start using part of the land for gardening, etc...

All in due time...

Stewie
03-08-2013, 05:02 PM
10 acres w/ a 3 acre pond on part of it. I'll have a nice big outbuilding on it with a loft workshop. A 3-car attached garage with at least one extra long bay for a full-sized king cab pickup. The house; probably about 5 bedrooms; 4 actually used as rooms, one as a study. A nice, open finished walk-out basement with a good unfinished section for storage (and john deer doors into the yard). Big kitchen that is fairly open into the living room. All told, probably about 3500 sq. feet.I'

5 years; I'll start hunting for the land in 2, designing the house in 3, building in 4 and be there in 5. The workshop/outbuilding will go on it first so I can move the camaro out there and start using part of the land for gardening, etc...

All in due time...

I'm curious. Why the loft workshop?

Buehler445
03-08-2013, 05:48 PM

Big house?
Land?
Crops?
Animals?
Big shop?

What say you?

I actively work to separate the bolded from my home life.

Right now it's not feasible to build my own. But here would be some characteristics:
Shitloads of open space with high ceilings.
Insulation in all of the interior walls.
Pissloads of circuits and outlets everywhere.
Efficient plumbing with no fucking copper pipes!:cuss:
No carpet.
Lots of light fixtures. I hate those fucking 1 bulb boob lights.
No doors narrower than 36"
Shallow, wide staircases.
Huge amounts of insulation in every exterior wall.
Lots of storage in cabinets and shelving.
Ceiling fan in each room.
Huge garage. 3 car minimum. With wide doors. For every stall there should be an extra stall space for extra storage.

Exterior.
Efficient water usage landscaping while being low maintinence.
Fence.
3' sidewalk around the house. (Watershed)
Stucco.
Kickass windows.

CoMoChief
03-08-2013, 05:53 PM
2 houses

1 in colorado
1 in V.I.

CoMoChief
03-08-2013, 05:54 PM
I actively work to separate the bolded from my home life.

Right now it's not feasible to build my own. But here would be some characteristics:
Shitloads of open space with high ceilings.
Insulation in all of the interior walls.
Pissloads of circuits and outlets everywhere.
Efficient plumbing with no ****ing copper pipes!:cuss:
No carpet.
Lots of light fixtures. I hate those ****ing 1 bulb boob lights.
No doors narrower than 36"
Shallow, wide staircases.
Huge amounts of insulation in every exterior wall.
Lots of storage in cabinets and shelving.
Ceiling fan in each room.
Huge garage. 3 car minimum. With wide doors. For every stall there should be an extra stall space for extra storage.

Exterior.
Efficient water usage landscaping while being low maintinence.
Fence.
3' sidewalk around the house. (Watershed)
Stucco.
Kickass windows.

Buehler......the storage KING!!!!

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-08-2013, 06:11 PM
A simple stone and glass A frame in the middle of 100 acres surrounded by flaming AIDS trees.

Frosty
03-08-2013, 06:36 PM
This would be nice

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/164483_429571470461962_255406748_n.jpg

In reality, about 40 acres with a mix of timber and pasture. A large shop. A small house with a basement.

Buehler445
03-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Buehler......the storage KING!!!!

This fucker hates clutter.

Bob Dole
03-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Bob Dole bought 16 acres about 35 miles from Texarkana last October. First step is to place a prebuilt 14x28 "portable building" and finish it out as a cabin. Next steps are to build something similar to this (http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/3693837/list/Houzz-Tour--Under-a-Metal-Canopy-in-Texas).

Iowanian
03-08-2013, 06:52 PM
working on it right now.

Finished the floor plan today.

Iowanian
03-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Bob Dole bought 16 acres about 35 miles from Texarkana last October. First step is to place a prebuilt 14x28 "portable building" and finish it out as a cabin. Next steps are to build something similar to this (http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/3693837/list/Houzz-Tour--Under-a-Metal-Canopy-in-Texas).

bobdole.
This is pretty much what I did a year or so ago. I'll probably regret it but I'll throw up some pics of what I did, but it's obviously not the most bad ass thing ever built, but we enjoy it.

Bob Dole
03-08-2013, 07:07 PM
bobdole.
This is pretty much what I did a year or so ago. I'll probably regret it but I'll throw up some pics of what I did, but it's obviously not the most bad ass thing ever built, but we enjoy it.

Pretty effin awesome.

Between last post and this, got a call about a 5th wheel 22' Arrow trailer for sale for $5k or less... Might have to alter the "cabin" plan. :)

JoeyChuckles
03-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Here's mine

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rIeB3iy2V4E/UOb1ztUXZ2I/AAAAAAAAkJs/GEP4ayIYPIg/s1600/life+in+the+dreamhouse.jpg

BigRedChief
03-08-2013, 07:22 PM
put a contract on this house last week.
http://photos3.zillow.com/p_f/IS-18d7tgocunsd9.jpg
http://photos1.zillow.com/p_f/IS-pph71ws6cokd.jpg

warpaint*
03-08-2013, 07:24 PM
I would love acreage with a lot of trees/woods. The house that I have would be nails w/ that addendum.

Gary
03-08-2013, 07:38 PM
This one wouldn't be too awful to have: http://youtu.be/9738CIiY41k

Bugeater
03-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Six car garage with a small kitchen and a bathroom.

lcarus
03-08-2013, 07:54 PM
I'd love a gigantic mansion. Some people say if they were rich they wouldn't want that big of a house because it wouldn't serve much of a purpose and would be harder to clean etc. I'd want just enough land to feel somewhat isolated.

Really though, I've always wanted my own indoor basketball court.

Buehler445
03-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Really though, I've always wanted my own indoor basketball court.

Oh fuck yeah. It wouldn't even have to be part of the house. It could be an outbuilding. I had a goal in my grandad's shed when I was a kid and I put fuckload of hours in out there. I'd love to have one better than a dirty concrete floor and a basket.

crispystl
03-08-2013, 07:59 PM
bobdole.

That futon SUCKS I fucking own the same one.

lcarus
03-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Oh fuck yeah. It wouldn't even have to be part of the house. It could be an outbuilding. I had a goal in my grandad's shed when I was a kid and I put fuckload of hours in out there. I'd love to have one better than a dirty concrete floor and a basket.

Yeah an outbuilding would work just as well. I had a decent house for a couple years before my parents divorced and dissolved the family business, and we had a big ass driveway thingy in the back of the house with a nice goal. I painted a 3 point line and free throw line. It looked pretty shitty but whatever lol. The thing is...I fuckin hate the wind when I'm playing basketball. Indoors is so much better.

Buehler445
03-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Yeah an outbuilding would work just as well. I had a decent house for a couple years before my parents divorced and dissolved the family business, and we had a big ass driveway thingy in the back of the house with a nice goal. I painted a 3 point line and free throw line. It looked pretty shitty but whatever lol. The thing is...I fuckin hate the wind when I'm playing basketball. Indoors is so much better.

Slope is worse than wind IMO. Almost all driveways are super sloped, which is necessary for watershed but terrible for ball.

Hoover
03-08-2013, 09:18 PM
I would love to have 50 to 100 acres with a nice pond. Would like a large house, but what I really want is an old barn that I could make into an office/party barn. Would prefer a hip style barn.

All that said, the wife and I were able to build a couple of years ago. We have nice ranch in town on a acre lot. Most of that is fenced for the dogs. Three car garage, five total bedrooms, 3.5 baths, about 3500 finished. Its more than I ever really thought I'd have. All credit goes to the wife who is AWESOME with our money. I married up.

Rain Man
03-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Honestly, I love my own house. It has...

high ceilings. Ceilings lower than 8 feet make me want to duck.
good location. I can walk to anything.
good size and layout. I have enough room for almost anything I'd want to do.
old. I like the style of older homes.

If I could improve it I'd like a first-floor bathroom and a larger kitchen. I wouldn't mind having some sort of big "project room", too, but I don't really need it.

If I didn't live in the city I wouldn't mind having a house with some land. Maybe 10 or 20 acres. That's only if it doesn't require upkeep, though.

Iowanian
03-08-2013, 10:32 PM
I've got my land with a view, timber and good location. I built a pond that I've heard strangers talking about in area stores and I'm getting ready to build the house I'll likely reside until my departure from this earth.

I've been thinking about building a pond for a decade or more. I've built a lot of what I wanted with it, and have a small pond over it that I'll use as a bait fish incubator that will flood the main pond with big rains. Also have a "centerpiece" of the pond that I have very high hopes for and big ideas that I hope to complete this spring.

I'm pretty damn excited about it.

El Jefe
03-08-2013, 10:40 PM
I've got my land with a view, timber and good location. I built a pond that I've heard strangers talking about in area stores and I'm getting ready to build the house I'll likely reside until my departure from this earth.

I've been thinking about building a pond for a decade or more. I've built a lot of what I wanted with it, and have a small pond over it that I'll use as a bait fish incubator that will flood the main pond with big rains. Also have a "centerpiece" of the pond that I have very high hopes for and big ideas that I hope to complete this spring.

I'm pretty damn excited about it.

That sounds freaking awesome! I would love to get some land with a pond on it.

Fat Elvis
03-08-2013, 11:03 PM
It would be nice to be rich enough that you could afford to be homeless....

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Really, would a zombie apocalypse be much different than it already is?

PhillyChiefFan
03-09-2013, 06:38 AM
20+ acres stream or a large pond on it. Plenty of wood to fell for a woodstove, some cleared pastures for some basic crops. A 5 BR, 4-1/2 BA house with a view.

-4 car garage
-large freestanding building for a boat and a nice shop
-finished basement with a man cave of chiefs memorabilia, a pool table, keggerator, and bar
-open floor plan with stainless steel appliances in the kitchen.

Oh and an F-250 diesel, a 1963 corvette, a couple ATV's, and a boat :D

Buehler445
03-09-2013, 08:34 AM
20+ acres stream or a large pond on it. Plenty of wood to fell for a woodstove, some cleared pastures for some basic crops. A 5 BR, 4-1/2 BA house with a view.

-4 car garage
-large freestanding building for a boat and a nice shop
-finished basement with a man cave of chiefs memorabilia, a pool table, keggerator, and bar
-open floor plan with stainless steel appliances in the kitchen.

Oh and an F-250 diesel, a 1963 corvette, a couple ATV's, and a boat :D

That sounds like an awful lot of shit for 20 acres. You'd be working it pretty hard.

NewChief
03-09-2013, 08:34 AM
I like the size of my house currently (2100 sq.ft.), and I wouldn't want anything much bigger. I would really, really like to have a freestanding outbuilding, as others have mentioned as a shop/studio/storage area.

Since our house is a 1950s ranch, it just doesn't have enough storage space.

As far as dream house, though, I'd really like to have multiple houses in multiple locations (mountains, tropical, downtown in a major city), all small with a minimum of upkeep.

NewChief
03-09-2013, 08:43 AM
As far as properties go, though, this one is one of my ideal layouts if I were dreaming. 4 different structures. The barn has a bowling alley, bar, recording studio, and stage in it. The modern outbuildings in the top right are for RV and vehicle storage as well as workshops. The actual house is an remodeled farmhouse. Pool and guesthouse up top. It's just a beautiful piece of property. Ponds and such are scattered around, but I didn't show those in the screenshot.

Steron
03-09-2013, 09:56 AM
http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/zombie-proof-house-exposed-view-958x638.jpg

It's zombie-proof bitches!

Setsuna
03-09-2013, 10:03 AM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/wesa2j06/HeathandHeaven_Chatsworth_zps06e310b0.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/wesa2j06/chastworth_zps307dbcd2.jpg

http://www.chatsworth.org/images/img2f6fabe9e5149ed9f5e06578f80771d4_orig.jpg

But on a smaller scale obviously.

Easy 6
03-09-2013, 10:15 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v-8-Mhy5y3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze
03-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Large modern log cabin on about 50 acres in Wyoming, Montana etc.

jd1020
03-09-2013, 10:33 AM
http://uncrate.com/p/2010/05/field-of-dreams.jpg

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Four single wide mobile homes attached. Forming a square with a courtyard kennel for pitbulls, man.